CoConstruct Ratings

Overall

About CoConstruct

Do you build more than $1 million in projects a year? CoConstruct is the #1 Highest Rated Custom Builder & Remodeler Software. The only all-in-one tool with single-entry estimating that allows you to enter your data once, and have that information flow through the estimate, specs, selections, bids, proposals, change orders, budgets, including to and from QuickBooks. That's in addition to our scheduling and award winning communication. Learn more about CoConstruct

Douglas D.
September 5, 2019

“CoConstruct Remodeler ”

OverallIt's like all software where you have to set it up to customize it for yourself but it's not hard
ProsEverything is great but AWAs getting approved is the number one. Remodeling always has changed CC makes it so easy to give customers options with price and once they select the one they want the $$ go right onto to their balance
ConsIt's not that I don't like the scheduling I just wish you could see all the project schedules could be seen on a master schedule

By CoConstruct on September 10, 2019
Douglas -- I'm glad you're loving CoConstruct and that we're helping you get real approvals (and really getting paid for them!). I noticed your comment about wanting to see all schedules in one place. The good news is that we actually do that. From your main dashboard, click on the first menu bar item, called "Task Manager." That allows you to see a global view of all of your schedule, to-do, and warranty items in one place in a list, Gantt, or calendar view. Click the "Filter" button to get to even more advanced options for narrowing down exactly what you want to overlay or color code. We have a similar feature in the mobile app, too. If you have any questions, our support team is happy to help. Give us a call at 800-213-3392.
September 5, 2019
Mac C.
Handyman/wanna-be Remodeler
Self-employed
February 23, 2019

“Handyman evolution”

OverallI can't say enough about the customer service - specifically the "how do I do this..." type of support. They really don't want you to fail just because you don't understand HOW to use the app.
ProsGood/bad? Good is not an adequate description of the customer service I receive from CoConstruct. The team over there is amazing. It's the best customer service I've ever had anywhere online. I honestly feel like they work for me in my IT department (I'm a one-man "wanna-be remodeler" handyman operation). Whenever I have a question I get a fully thought out, complete response that answers my question completely - most of the time with a video of rep solving the issue on his screen as if it were my own. I especially like that I seem to be assigned to one team member. Also, the training calls during the learning phase were invaluable. I don't think I would have been able to learn the full process without them (thanks again rep) - and I would have cancelled shortly after signing up without the video training calls. Thanks so much CoConstruct. I started out as a handyman 2 years ago and found CoConstruct before I was ready for it. The sales guy listened to my situation and freely admitted that it was probably more than I needed and it wouldn't be a great benefit to me at that point - so I waited with the website bookmarked in my favorites bar. Since then, I've expanded into some smaller remodel projects and small custom residential jobs (small, like demo a bathroom, replace Front Door, install a door inside where one didn't exist). Even with my tiny scope of work CoConstruct has been the deciding factor for 3 of my last 5 clients. I asked them why they chose me over the others and they said specifically, "I like your app". Paraphrasing them, they said something to the effect of, "it's transparent and I like that you show me everything you're committing to instead of a one or two line sentence fragment on an estimate explaining a $3,000 scope of work". I literally charge more for everything I do because CoConstruct makes me look so good up front that the customers are happy to pay more. Maybe because it makes my business look more professional or competent, or maybe because using CoConstruct actuallly makes me feel more confident. Either way, using CoConstruct, I charge more for the same work and I'm winning clients that I wouldn't have before. It's literally paying for itself. Y'all are the best and I can't wait to grow my business with your help.
ConsIt can take a while to set up a project - specifically a list of generally unrelated items. I estimate a lot of home inspection reports so it's hard to create a template that I can import for each job. The client view of some stuff is a little less transparent than I'd like (although i can type anything and everything I want into each item description). When I build out that cost lines for each item I'd like to be able to display the description of each cost line to the client (with or without the cost). It's also tough (or maybe I just haven't figured it out yet) to go through the list of items to be completed while you're on site since they're grouped into larger categories instead of a single list showing all the items. However, you can add whatever you want to the schedule and track progress through the schedule. It'd be great if I could import the specs & selections items into the schedule.
February 23, 2019
Richard R.
October 22, 2013

OverallHere at Summit, we construct custom and build-to-suit homes that can start from an on-line Southern Living Plan or a gleam in the client's eye. With the variation and choice that falls within that range, it becomes a real chore to track all the information and communication required to deliver what the client expects and a product we can be proud of. At least, it was before Co-construct. Before Co-Co (I am copywriting that nickname so Donny can't take it), we used a combination of spreadsheets, Everynote, and accounting software to manage client and field communication. In addition to this, each member of the team for any project kept their own side documents. Then came Co-Construct. Before I dive in, let me first explain the Co-Construct does not end the need for paperwork and organization. It just makes it simple. The learning curve for this software is easy because of the extensive video tutorials provided. All told, it took us about a week to get the system up and running, and here is how it broke down: two days to populate our selection items in the master template, two days to enter the data from the current jobs, and one day to train the management team, review for accuracy, and drink coffee. That's right, all it took was one person, one week, and all of that without disrupting the course of business. Once everyone had their email linked in, we were off to the races. But what does Co-construct really do for us? Co-construct is a premier information and communication organizer. By keeping all the communication separated into the relevant Selections/Building Phases, everyone stays focused and can find the relevant information at the proper time. From the time the prospect is started up, we upload details, bids, pictures, emails, etc. to the appropriate phase. This way, the client can constantly see the progress of the project and the field manager always has access to the same information that we have in the office. No more side documents. No more lost information. What does Co-Construct NOT Do? Co-Construct does not do your work for you. We call those 'Employees'. Co-Construct does not fully integrate with accounting software easily. However, it is my understanding they are currently working on developing export formats for some of the more common systems. This creates a small double entry required to reconcile the state of the budget with our in house accounting. However, from an auditor's point of view, I don't mind this, as it provides an inherent data review point. And, in fact, once exporting things into Excel, it is an academic exercise to check it against accounting. What does Co-construct do for the client? In our case, we are an 'Open Book' company so we find the various sharing features of this software to be indispensable. Clients can see the impact of every choice/request that is made during the course of the project in real time. We find that giving the client the tools to go through and make selections - essentially letting them value engineer their own project - helps them to realize that they are in control of their project. Not only that, they never get that end of project 'Suprise!' when we reconcile the contract. Finally, Co-construct has been the core element for generating, tracking, and processing change orders. With all the specifications and communications on line and permanently displayed we have been able to vastly improve Client satisfaction while increasing revenues. In conclusion, Co-construct helps us: Improve our bidding process Organize Information Communicate clearly with the Client Track the project budget Capture revenues due to project changes
October 22, 2013
Brad T.
March 30, 2013

OverallI am a third generation home builder in the Kansas City, Missouri market. Our family has been building and developing for over 50 years through both good times and bad. We build homes that range from $250,000 to $5,000,00000. With the recent economic downturn, we had to naturally downsize our company in order to survive. We went from 50 homes per year to 2 per year, but are now starting to see signs of improvement in our market and wanted to implement a new cloud based software system that would improve communications between all players in the building of our custom homes. We wanted something that would handle communications, specifications, scheduling, budgeting, selection sheet management, change orders, file sharing, to-do lists/punch lists, job site logs as well as reporting, and we wanted something that would let us do this with less people. We have found that and much more with the Co-Construct platform. The set up was quick and easy. We were able to customize it to work with the way we do business which made the conversion simple for our staff. We were up and rolling on the first job in less than 1 week and using every function that the system has to offer. I can't name one bad function in the Co-Construct System. Four months into the system, and I can say nothing but positive comments about the Co-Construct software and Co-Construct team. We immediately started with a custom build job. Both my builder team, clients, and sub-contractors have nothing but positive things to say about the system (this goes all the way from the tech savvy to computer resistant partners). Our first clients on the system were in the mid 60's and have built 7 homes previously with other builders. They absolutely love using Co-Construct and seeing my daily communications and updates to the sub-contractors (the one's I want them to see). About two months into using the system, Co-Construct introduced an upgrade which included a budgeting feature which has become a valuable asset. They appear to continually upgrade the system at no additional cost to the user. Our next move will be to apply their custom branding option to personalize the website with our logo. At the writing of this review, they were releasing 20 new upgrades to the system. Can't wait to see what they are! Customer Support for this system is first rate. Most of the time that I have questions, I start a support ticket and have a response and resolution to my problem within 4 business hours. If I need to call, someone answers with professional, courteous and helpful answers to even the simple problems. With Co-construct, you can update, communicate and promote your business from any web connected device, allowing you to work from virtually anywhere. My clients really enjoy the "real-time" updates when we walk the jobs. Likewise, I enjoy my clients comments that they post while on site at the end of the day. It is nice to see the excitement in their posts. Co-Construct has streamlined our business and communications and allowed us to do more, with less personnel in a more professional manner. Our company has seen the following benefits while using Co-Construct: Cost savings through staff reduction. We no longer have a person dedicated to Warranty administration or Selection Management. The system does this for us. Cost savings through reduced communication errors. Cost Savings over using multiple software platforms. Increased margins through better and more timely change order management and collection. Reduced phone calls to sub-contractors for scheduling, punch lists, and orders with a written "paper trail" of dates and times that contacts were made. Simply having every aspect of your job from budget, to plans, communications to selections right in the palm of your hand in an easy to use interface, is invaluable. We are additionally finding that our customers are talking about this system to their friends. We have had potential referral clients ask if they would also be able to use the system. Over the years, we have seen many business tools revolutionize the way we do business - the copy machine, the two way radio, the fax machine, the cell phone, the internet. I am confident to say that we will look back at Co-Construct as another business innovation that has a more than positive effect on our business and bottom line.
Jonathan F.
March 13, 2013

OverallAt Shihadeh Contracting, we specialize in semi-custom new residential construction. We do additions and larger projects such as townhouses, but single homes in the 2500-4000 sq. ft. range is our niche. Our slogan is "Quality by Choice." That's why most of our customers choose us as their builder: they feel confident that we will walk them through every step of the process, and that their house includes many of the little amenities or improvements that technically might not be required by code, but make for a higher quality finished product and a better value to them. We (and a few builders that we partner with in the area) have been looking for a system to combine the bookeeping aspect of the business with the building and contract phases. Most importantly, a central organization structure that the respective office personnel can plug into for the information they need instead of chasing each other around and wasting time. Also, in the case where a partner builder sells a lot and contracts us to build or visa-versa, we are able to access the same job and pick up where the other left off, share financials, etc. We have previously used extensive Job Binders, combined with spreadsheets and a running Job Log to manage projects. Using Co-construct has allowed us to cut back on redundant paperwork, gives as much central access as we choose, simplified our selection process, and most importantly - gives us the ability to really involve our customers. It gives them something concrete other than a Change Order Agreement to track the job, make selections at 10:30 at night, approve a Change Order the next morning from work at 11:15 and just generally feel more involved and aware of where the project is. It also has the additional benefit of giving them something to do online rather than surf the net for a cheaper ORB doorstop than we offer that ends up being backordered, cheaper quality and looks nothing like it did online, etc. We have gotten very positive feedback from our customers in regards to the experience from their perspective. We have been using the system this past year. I (as a project manager) have found it to be near invaluable with multiple jobs running at the same time. We plan to use the monthly pricing on additions or quick renovations, and the flat rate for our new construction homes. Nate Schoen did a great job on the presentation/training with so much information and specifics to try to communicate to us in a short period of time There is a little bit of a learning curve and adjustment period as with any system overhaul. However, after starting the system on our first project after it was all the way through the selling phase and into the building, we were still able to develop our Selections sheets, Schedule, etc. on the run. We have had a few occasions to use the customer service and suggest additions or changes to the system and have been pleased with our experience. On a situation where we were not immidiately satisfied with the response, the owner was in touch right away to clarify and resolve the question. Great job by the support team! Overall, a quality product, functional, adaptable, and a great experience with the company.
March 13, 2013
Peggy Z.
March 12, 2013

OverallWe are a custom home builder in Western Colorado that has continued to grow each year, making it imperative for all of our team members to be on the same page. Prior to Co-construct, the client or subcontractor would call/text/email our superintendent. The superintendent would take care of the problem and possibly forget to pass the information along, resulting in an invoice that was over my original estimate. I would then call the superintendent (or subcontractor/vendor) to get clarification, and spend a lot of time double checking something that was just not passed along. Sometimes the superintendent or subcontractor/vendor could find the old text/email to refresh their memory, but sometimes they couldn't. This would possibly result in calling the client to refresh our memories as to what their selection choice would be. What a huge waste of time for each of us. When we came across Co-construct at the International Builder Show a couple of years ago, we met with Donny Wyatt, who was very informative and patient. He had me sold on the software before I even walked away from the booth. It did take me some time to convince everyone on our team that this would improve our communication and organization skills, and not just add time-consuming data entry and still not make us more organized. As some months went by, I watched the online informational videos and talked to my husband {the builder}, our superintendent, our subcontractors, and our vendors. I explained to them that after just a few days of data entry done initially 100% by me, they could all see the specifications for this or that, and there would be no misunderstandings whether the customer wanted this item currently or if they had changed their mind. Not one of them could tell me anything that seemed negative about this. However, some suggested it might be difficult to use. We have been using Co-construct for about a year now. Implementation was so easy, after a couple of silly questions on my part for over thinking it, and we have built several templates that we use regularly. All of our subcontractors and vendors and team members are so happy to have quick access to schedule information, specification sheets, and customer approval information. There is no longer a communication delay if someone forgets to pass on information, resulting in more delays or extensive research through old paper files. We are all updated and on the same page in real time. My customers are very pleased with Co-construct. It makes it simpler for them to communicate specific questions, share drawings, or to simply view their selection items at their pace in the comfort of their own home, car, or even three thousand miles away on the beach. We all watched the training videos and were using the system within days of buying it. It has been simple to use for all of us, including the persons who are not terribly computer proficient. When we have had any questions, the customer service has been fabulous and they ALWAYS get back to us quickly and professionally no matter how small the question. Co-construct has simplified our communication and interactions and saves us a lot of time that could be used getting more jobs or relaxing with our family. It has allowed us to take on more jobs simply by being more efficient with our time. Our clients love it and it makes us look and feel more organized in a more simplified manner.
Jon R.
Sales and Operations Director
Design, 11-50 employees
November 15, 2018

“A HUGE win for construction companies trying to go to the next level. Especially custom builders.”

ProsAs a previous user of a competing software, I have found CoConstruct to be a HUGE win for our company. We are in a process of growth, and with growth comes an increasing need for organization and structure. CoConstruct has helped us master organization and communication for our office staff, field staff, and customers. We can do our estimate in the software, which then translates to a completed Specs/Selections sheet for the customers. In other software we have used, we had to do double entry. Not in CoConstruct. One time and you're done. Potential customers are blown away when we show them what we can do with this software. Most of our customers are out of town during the build, so knowing that their project managers will be uploading Job Logs regularly with photos of the construction progress is a big deal to them. The software support is also pretty incredible. During our transition, we were assigned an "implementation coach" who spoke to us weekly, trained us, and addressed any issues we were having with the conversion. This is truly what made the conversion successful for us.
ConsIt does take some time and effort into making things work how you want them. It is a flexible software with many different solutions, so you need to spend some time and think about how you want it to look and function. The great thing is, they have several templates in there for you to start with if you do not have your own. If you're looking for a software solution to take your company to the next level, make a commitment, spend the time, take advantage of the FREE implementation coaches at CoConstruct, and get it done. You won't regret it.
November 15, 2018
Travis L.
December 15, 2016

“Fantastic product that helps provide excellent service”

OverallWe have been using co-construct for over 5 years and it has been Incredible Journey right from the start. Co-construct is always changing and always improving. It has been more than once that we have said "wouldn't it be nice if Co-construct would do this" and it hasn't been long and Donny has announced the new update and they are implementing exactly what we had wished for. It is an excellent tool to help manage your projects right from the first sales call, tracking your budget, tracking the expenses for the customers, all the way through to your last warranty items.
ProsThe big thing for us is that it has helped us be transparent and the customer knows where they're at even before they commit to build. What we really like about it is that it has been built from a client's perspective instead of being built primarily for what the builder needs. It is catering to the client and it's easy for them to use and very easy for them to understand where they're at and what they are getting. Then on top of that the bonus is it is a tremendous tool for the builder to manage things like: -Budgets -selections -upgrades -Employee time clock -Warranty Items
ConsThe one thing that would be an advantage for us would be if the product would interact with sage 50 as not as we don't use QuickBooks. Other than I have no complaints, it performs up to our expectations and we look forward to seeing new things being rolled out by co-construct in the future.
Recommendations to other buyersMy advice to others would be if you've got any hesitation on going with the product just stop and think, Have you had any challenge in the past year with managing you are prospects or things like change orders, selections? If so this is the product for you!! Yes, it will take some time to set up, but unlike lots of products Co-construct has done lots of the work already for you and they have a fantastic support team that does a phenomenal job of helping with any questions or problems you may have in setup or in day to day use. Set your Co-construct up properly and it will save you much time into the future and you'll come out looking like a pro to your customers. Yes, our team is a daily user of Co-construct and is speaking from experience.
December 15, 2016
Bailey W.
January 15, 2016

“Co-ConstructIVE”

ProsThis business is much less office and far more job-site. Consequently, running the jobs on the administration side of things can be hard to schedule, organize and maintain. Speaking as the administrative assistant for a construction company, I am so grateful that this product is in our hands. I don't get to see what's going on with each job, I don't have in-person communication with clients, nor do I spend much time working with our subcontractors in-person. This program easily allows me to keep a strong grasp on the scheduling and organization of our jobs, keep an open dialogue with everyone involved and it allows me to stay informed on what is going on with each site. Not to mention, it's very straight forward and user friendly for everyone. On top of it, I sincerely appreciate the time and effort the team makes in always trying to better the product and take our suggestions into consideration, as well as taking time to talk with us any time we need assistance or have something to contribute.
ConsI think the mobile app could definitely use some tweaking/time. While it's very nice to have an app that is easy to access, there are far less features. What you can do (adding, editing, etc.) is all extremely limited on the mobile app. I just wish there was more time put into improving the app instead of so much work on the web version.
Recommendations to other buyersI would say, first and foremost.......approach this software knowing that there is a bit of a learning curve and it's more than meats the eye. The more time you spend with it, the more videos you watch, the more features you will learn and be able to apply to your business. It's all very user friendly. But the initial review might not fully showcase what all there is to offer. So give it a fair shot. The other thing I can suggest is to not hesitate to contact this company with questions. The team is very eager to work with you. So be it a webinar, conference call, or email, their support staff will answer any questions you have, take every suggestion into consideration, and do it all with a VERY positive and approachable attitude.
January 15, 2016
Steven G.
January 24, 2017

“Very useful tool”

OverallI have been using Co-construct for several months and it has been one of the Best investments I have made for my company. I tried much other scheduling, estimating programs and this one by far are the easiest to work with. Being somewhat of a Luddite, most applications are difficult to comprehend. I'm also from the old school-"if it works, don't fix it". In this case, it wasn't so much fixing as it was enhancing, making my work easier, like switching from hand tools to machine tools. The price? In my opinion, I have saved countless hours by not repeating the sequence of transferring information.
ProsI like the ease to work with. However if not for the "over the top support", it would take me longer to learn the product, not so much because it's difficult, but because I have a difficult time with computers and learning any new computer program. Don't get me wrong, this product is not simplistic. On the contrary, it is very professional. I like the fact that I do not have to send and receive countless emails, change orders, etc. Everything is done on the program. I like the fact that my customers, supplier, and sub-contractors have free access to it and can use it for communicating EVERYTHING, schedules, timelines, pictures, plans, you name it. I cannot say enough good things about the support team. They are available almost 24 hours. You are dealing with people who know how to communicate effectively, in good English (they are in the US). They make their own videos to explain something for difficult people like me and always follow up. This is the best part of this Company in my opinion.
ConsThe only complaint I have is from my clients and sub-contractors who get confused how to sign in, but once I contact the support team, within hours they respond directly to those people and assist them.
Recommendations to other buyersIf you are looking for a product to help you be more organized, save time, communicate better with clients and vendors, this is the product for you. You will (I shouldn't say this) but ask yourself- how can they do all this for such a great price?!
January 24, 2017
Heather H.
September 25, 2013

OverallOur organization prides itself on building quality custom homes, considering affordability and budgets. We truly offer a one of a kind experience through the building process, and something fairly new we offer is an on-staff Interior Designer and Selection Coordinator (me) to help our clients every step of the way - specifically on making all the decisions. Craig Fairbanks has used this program before and hasn't found anything more user friendly or more organized than Co-Construct. He particularly was interested in continuing this program due to issues with the selection process, where notes and written approvals are very important, and without them, can be confusing and costly. With clients always changing their minds it's important that they can see exactly what is selected every step of the way so they can't blame someone else for their own mistakes. It's a great way to show your clients their options and to keep track of everything. Not only is this program great for our clients, but it's also a great way to keep all your communication in one place. Besides being able to message your clients and comment on selections, you are able to send to-do lists and work orders to your vendors. What an easy way for them to be able to schedule your project and also be able to see the timeline ahead and what was selected by the clients. With everyone being so accessible to email and text messaging these days, there's no ignoring your requests. After purchasing Co-Construct, it was my job to set up the Master Selection Template, which is important to do first, so you're able to utilize it for every project. After several months of using Co-Construct, I'm still figuring out ways to improve our template, and jotting down notes on things that need to be changed or improved. I'm learning what the most effective way is to communicate with our clients, and continually finding better ways to present our selections. It is very easy to use and understand. I learned how to do it with some help from Craig, but I learned a lot myself, and watched several tutorials. As you go through the process of building from start to finish, you will also understand how to manage Co-Construct better. I have used customer support a couple of times. I've both called in and also messaged, and had great support. The people who have helped me are quick to respond, and have found ways to effectively walk me through the process to answer my questions. We have benefited in numerous ways, from organizing the selections so our clients know exactly what they are getting, staying on schedule not only on our side, but our vendors are utilizing the program and getting our messages. It has really strengthened our communication with everyone through the process.
September 25, 2013
Dan M.
Contracts Manager
Design, 51-200 employees
September 4, 2018

“System overall is very user friendly and easy to navigate ”

OverallI think the software is good and has a lot of great features , the invoicing to clients through quickbooks is the the limiting
Prosthe scheduling being global , our suppliers and contractors are enjoying the access the estimating and selection integration is too a very powerful piece of equipment which our contractor use
ConsThe integration with quick books is very limiting we are unable to progress claim to our clients through this which almost makes us want to not use co construct I have been told that Quickbooks does not progress claim. Australian Quickbooks does but the GST can not be altered to 15% from 10%. So no one can use this apart from Australia. Can you please explain what co construct recommendation is for its accounting software so we can use the system fully.No builder that I know bills a house at the end of the build or in one go.We develop also and our banks require progress payments for work being completed so we can fund the projects along with all our clients requiring claims. I have been lead around in circles for 2 weeks now trying to get a solution. Can Co Construct confirm its solution to use all its features

By CoConstruct on September 10, 2018
Dan -- We're glad the scheduling features are working well for you. Our product team will be in touch to learn more about what you see as some of the limitations in the QuickBooks version for New Zealand. Many of our clients want to move as much of their financial management into CoConstruct, regardless of the capabilities of their accounting system, so we will soon be adding invoicing capabilities, which will then push those invoices into QuickBooks. We want to make sure that will fully satisfy your needs, but I think help is on the way!
September 4, 2018
Derek W.
August 28, 2013

OverallWe build custom homes and could not be happier with the software. Before, we were running around like crazy looking at print outs of Microsoft project and having to update the schedules at night. It was very time consuming. The scheduling is hands down the best feature of this service. It allows us to schedule our subs without spending as much time on the phone, calling everyone to inform them of what we need done. It also eliminates the need for me to adjust the schedule manually at night and having to call everyone in the morning while driving to work everyday. Another great feature is the selections page!! No more tedious questions on paint, tile siding, doors, hardware, etc. All we have to do is tell them to look on Co-construct and the problem is solved. No more print outs in a folder, no more searching for emails on selections, and most importantly, being able to hold our subs accountable for not painting the walls the right color. Which in turn has brought our change orders and over all cost per project down. It took us about a month to really dig deep into this service and understand the inter-workings of the system. With all the training videos, phone support, and FAQ's available, we were able to implement the system with ease. Being able to have our team on the same page at all times has been great. What has helped us the most for our employees is being able to setup a "to-do" list and assign it to our team members, and being able to hold the sub responsible for the items left over on a project. In turn, our closing dates have decreased by 10-14 days! Our relationships with our clients has been great through this system as well. It makes their voice heard during the whole process, and we are able to tailor to theirs needs and concerns while being able to give them status updates without us have to email, call, or text. All and all, the software has taken us to the next level and I highly recommend this system to anyone who wants to take that next big step in their company. The initial setup is time consuming until you get the hang of it, but the staff at Co-construct have helped us every time we ran into a problem. Their professional staff has helped me several times with setting up various scheduling issues, partner list, and help with understanding all features of the software. So for all of you that are thinking about taking the next step in purchasing this software, you are in for a treat. With the Co-construct team supporting you all the way, you will be thrilled when you start to realize that your costs are going down, your projects are staying on schedule, and everyone on your team is truly working together to accomplish great things.
August 28, 2013
Daniel W.
September 8, 2016

“Clients Love It - Simplify Your Building Process.”

ProsKeeps all our project organized from Prospect to Completed. Simplifies customer, employee, vendor and Sub-Contractor communication. Automates redundant but important tasks. The format and process causes our organization to follow good business practices. improved our customer service, shortened our project cycle, reduced overhead, allows us to complete more projects in the same time frame. Our managers spend their time managing projects not putting out fires and chasing their tail. Our team members know in detail the scope of work they are responsible to accomplish. They require very little managing.Vendors & Subs know what we need and when we need it. Co-Construct's customer service department is amazing. The staff listen, respond quickly and follow up diligently until YOU Deem your issue resolved. Co-Construct has mirrored this process into their software. Using the software caused our customer service to improve. They are extremely committed to our success with their product.
ConsNot Applicable because Co-Construct listens to their customers. They implement well thought out solutions.
Recommendations to other buyersI highly recommend you take several of your new projects and put them into Co-Construct run the projects thru their life span in Co-Construct. Then comparing the results with your other projects. The results will make the final decision. You own all the information in your projects, you can very easily export it into excel & word documents. Now keep in mind you have to work the system. If you follow the protocol, in short order it will save you more time then you are investing. Remember you got to your station in life by working hard and putting in the extra effort.
September 8, 2016
Richard H.
March 31, 2013

OverallWith the ultra-competitive environment as a custom home builder in Chicago, we have continually focused on improving our construction management procedures. They evolved over time for the better and our abilities and capabilities grew with that evolution. We had spreadsheets, schedules, email, calendar, budgets and a high desire to achieve best practices through our experiences along the way. We had good, but not great systems. We felt that we hit our ceiling as far as how we used technology, so we set out to find a better solution. In our quest we found many well thought out programs and tried a few. They looked good but lacked the training required to reap what they advertised. Frustrated but not defeated, we came across Co-construct. Co-Construct was everything we were looking for under one roof, but we had been here before with other products. What was and is different with Co-Construct is the support and training needed to get up and running quickly. Donny and his team behind Co-Construct do an amazing job here. Their program offers a library of instructional videos, one-on-one support or weekly webinars to educate the user (builder, client and sub-contractor) and give them the confidence to jump right in. The software has a modern intuitive user interface and, with being web-based, can be accessed anywhere. In addition to excellent training the project management software is efficient and thorough. Covering all aspects of construction management, the customizable software can be utilized from initial client design all the way through the warranty phase. Co-construct provides the user the framework needed to successfully manage the very task intense processes of construction. Communication is at the core of this framework and nothing falls through the cracks. The hidden gem we weren't anticipating with Co-construct, though, is the success we have with the clients using the software. They love it. With our ability to dial up or down the amount of project transparency to the client, we can manage the client's involvement in the process. Whether the client wants to be hands on, hands off or somewhere in-between, we can offer just what they desire. As a result, they feel that their finger is on the pulse of the project at all times giving them comfort and confidence in the process and us. Co-construct has been a great partner and paramount in getting us to the next level as a builder. At the end of the day, Co-construct allows us to more efficiently and professionally deliver to our clients the home of their dreams on time and on budget. And a satisfied client always equates to a potential referral.
March 31, 2013
Marv J.
Production & Service Manager
June 26, 2019

“Why to Choose Coconstruct for your business!”

OverallCoconstruct has allowed us to maintain minimal staff while provide big company performance and results. We are continually learning new ways to make our business successful and Coconstruct has been the key component to this success.
ProsThe Coconstruct software is designed well for our business as a custom home builder & spec home builder. It provides a "one-stop shop" to address the many facets of the construction business from estimates, budget, specs & selections, scheduling, tasks, warranty and provides a seamless avenue for communication across all these disciplines. The best thing of all has been the buy-in or acceptance and feedback for our clients and vendors. We are a small company and they think we have invested in an easy to use and effective tool for all of us to operate and function within.
ConsThere are a few areas where some improvement could be made. The warranty section could have a better means for providing client contact info for vendors and perhaps a better way to train companies that are new and unsure how to get started. A mentor program of sorts for learning the tricks and pitfalls.
June 26, 2019
David C.
March 12, 2013

OverallWe are family run business that does all types of home remodeling, from kitchens and baths to whole house remodels. In this day and age, there are a lot of good remodelers out there who can do the same level of work as we can, but they may not have a lot of business sense. We have come to realize that homeowners are looking for home remodeling companies to come in and get out as quickly as possible. Since we know this, we needed an edge on our competition and we looked at how we could improve our business. This meant reviewing the processes of the company and looking at where we could improve. The two main areas we needed to improve upon were scheduling and change orders. Both were done on pad and paper - very time consuming. We spoke to other remodelers in our peer group at Remodelers Advantage and searched online for software that could help us with those two areas. We purchased Microsoft Project and that worked well for us, but didn't help us with change orders. So we kept looking for a software product that would help us with change orders and finally found Co-construct. I scheduled a demo with Donny and we went through everything. We couldn't believe the functionality that was included then, and so much has been added since we started in April 2011. We were up and running on Co-construct in hours. Since it is all cloud based, we don't have to worry about installing software on our office computers and keep up with the upgrades. Donny and his team have always been there when I have had questions, and their response is quick. Every month, open conference calls are available to members where you can dial in and ask questions or get assistance with using the program from Donny. The software has made it so easy for us to get signed change orders. When the homeowner gets an email letting them know change order needs to be approved, he/she will log into Co-construct and click the button to accept the change order - that's it. It couldn't be any more simple. It saves my company hours every month and allows us to collect on change orders much more quickly. The calendar/scheduling feature is really nice because I can make the schedule available to the homeowner and our trade contractors. Instead of giving the trade contractors a piece of paper, they can go on-line and see the schedule. The program also emails them when they are added to a project schedule and when their task is coming up. The Co-construct team is always looking for software improvements which means they are always thinking ahead for the next great thing to add.
James H.
April 1, 2013

OverallJadah homes is a custom home builder in central Canada. We build ready-to-move homes in southern Manitoba and ship them throughout the province of Manitoba and Saskatchewan. Our office is completely mobile, and we can build for any area without the increased cost of production in those areas. What makes Jadah truly unique is our homes are not modular, but rather custom with as high and wide as the customer specifies. The mover takes over the highway when move date happens. Last year was our second year back in the business after I took a vacation from the industry to build our network-marketing business for five years. We built seven custom homes last year and wanted to focus on 10-15 for 2013. Because of Co-construct, we have exceeded these goals with less staff and a new division. Our goal has now shifted to 10 ready-to-move homes with forty multifamily units. I have just begun with Co-construct and feel so blessed that I was directed to your program. I can't even begin to describe what this has done for my business. My rule is it has to be mobile, has to have this, has to have that, etc. I have some pretty high standards and thus far you have hit all my must-haves and more. I actually went to Apple and gave them a list of what I wanted in a program. They researched my needs and said it would cost me $100,000 to build. While i was in the process of starting to build with Apple, they suggested i should look for existing program that were already built and tested. Well, when I showed them your program and had them take a peek it was lights out. I dropped my Apple build with full confidence and bought into your program without hesitation. I knew it would deliver!! I thought I would be able to enter all my data into the program when I enrolled but business got busy. Jadah is off to some really big things. In my opinion, largely because of Co-construct putting the issue of managing several projects simultaneously to rest. We were going to hire another project manager but now with your program our new job position has changed. Again you saved me years of training a staff member for a position that isnt really needed. The problem with this program is that it is so good, I am struggling with telling others about it. My office staffing is really efficient, and when we do ten times the amount of units this year than last year with the same amount of staff, higher profit margins, and a more relaxed ME, people will think I sold my company's interest. Seriously, you guys are a God-send!
April 1, 2013
Daniel W.
March 30, 2013

OverallWe are an open book residential remodeling company in Houston, Texas established April, 1992. We expand and remodel homes. Our market is homes valued between $500,000 & $3,000,000. (You can purchase a very nice home with a nice lot for $120,000.00 in Houston.) We also do work on homes damaged and covered by insurance. We maintain a project flow of 20 to 35 projects per month depending on the mix and size of work. Quality work, reasonable price points, and communication are expected. People are the keys to our success. Customers bring us new work and recommend us to their friends. Skilled people performing the multitude of tasks and events required to deliver a finished product on time, schedule, within budget. The questions in our industry revolve around time. Are you using a hammer or a nail gun? A paint brush or an airless sprayer? Pager or cellphone? These are several questions i am always asking myself. How do I keep my customers involved, but not in the way? How do I keep my people informed, timely, productive and motivated? How do I help my sub stay organized and profitable without running their business? How do I stay on top of fluctuating scopes, additions and modifications to the original agreement and still have time to sleep and visit with my family? When we finish up are they going to happy they got rid of us or sad to see us go? In the field we use tools to transform materials into our finished product. Are you using a block planner "because we have always done it that way?" Or power planner "because it works better"? My recommendation is that you take Co-Construct for a spin around the block. It has revolutionized our business, with our customer involvement and sub contractor scheduling. The system reminds all parties of their commitments, the materials required, when the following trade will be there (Drop Dead Date or Time) where they are suppose to be next. Contains blueprints, permit numbers, contract, selections, pictures and more. It is extremely powerful but very intuitive and simple to operate. It will over night change the attitude, tempo and quality of your projects. Your clients will love it. If you want to know how it works, I don't know. But It's kind of like a jack-hammer. I don't need to know how it works, only that when I pull the trigger that concrete patio is no longer a problem. Co-Construct Works. I use it, so I know it works. It is becoming a central topic of conversation, positive conversation from our customers at the close of our projects.
Jonathan M.
October 29, 2018

“Game Changer”

OverallIf you're not using this program and you have competition in your area that is. Get ready to be had. I tell people all the time, "If you don't have this, you're not competing on the same level as me."
ProsEffective at streamlining the construction process and technical support that cannot be beat. This program has allowed us to make more money on each project as well as allow us the control to handle more projects at one time with the same management team.
ConsThere is a lot going on with this program. So you will need to take time to settle into using every function. It can seem daunting at times but the technical support makes it much easier. Does not have a calendar that we can use at this time. If there were a calendar more like a day to day calendar like Google Calendar this would make our type of work much easier to schedule. As it is now the calendar is good for new construction where you're subbing most if not all of it out, but it doesn't function well for in house day to day operations like estimating or when guys have multiple stops in the day.
October 29, 2018
Hannah W.
March 12, 2013

OverallHAMR Home Building Contractors is a small residential building company that prides itself on building high quality new homes and transforming old ones. We have only been in our own business for 3 1/2 years so we set up our own systems as best we could for managing the pricing, invoicing and back costing of each job. After settling into the business we felt that there must be a better, more efficient way of working than what we were doing. The more people we spoke to, we realized that everyone else also just used their own systems. These generally entailed multiple excel worksheets, lots of double entry, and far too much room for error. About two months ago, we came across Co-construct. We read through the information online and emailed for further information. We were booked into an online demonstration very quickly and once we realised what Co-construct had to offer we signed up immediately. My husband and I were blown away! Finally we had come across a program that would work for us and our clients! We have Co-construct branded with HAMR Home and it looks fantastic. The process was so quick and effortless on our part! Our website has been updated and we have had very positive feedback so far. We have just finished setting up our first new home project. It does take a bit of time to set up a really good master selection sheet - but the benefit is knowing that you have done it right first time. There is a lot of information to take in, so on our first job we have not included the 'budget' function. We want to get our head around the basics first and then on the next job we will add the budgeting. Our current clients are very impressed with co-construct and are excited about using it. In fact, decisions seem to be made immediately on the selections sheet. They are so happy to use Co-construct and they love being able to see the financial implications of their choices! The benefit of having all the communication in one place was a complete bonus! How many times had we previously searched back through emails to see where the client had confirmed their colour choice or stipulated who was supplying certain fittings. We often work with architects and clients - to have everyone sharing the same information is so valuable. We are new to Co-construct but so far the support we have received has been fantastic. We are delighted with our decision to join Co-construct and are continually surprised as we discover more wonderful practical functions.
Aaron S.
June 27, 2019

“Top shelf!”

OverallCo-Construct saves me hours off my work week every week. This is important to me because I'm running a business and raising four kids. Time is super important to me right now and Co-Construct allows me to stay highly organized and to get home to my kids at a decent time every night, even earlier than I could before I started using Co-Construct. The ability to share photos and ideas with customers and trade partners and keep it all organized in one spot versus having to sort through multiple emails is a life saver!
ProsI love the seamless communication I can have with my customers and my trade partners! Co-Construct makes my job easier and saves me hours every week by organizing my work life through their program and the mobile app makes my job even easier by being able to communicate with my team on the go. Spend the money, it's worth it if you value your time! They also have an awesome support team and they are always quick to answer any of our questions. Overall top shelf operation!
ConsNo major cons at this time and I've been using the program for five years.
June 27, 2019
Dan B.
April 26, 2018

“Game Changer for our business.”

ProsCoConstruct allows us to complete more projects, with less project managers. Put simply, these equals more money to our bottom line. Their support (on the rare occasion we need it) is super-prompt and top-notch. It's fairly easy to quantify the dollars it nets our business from savings on the project-management side - it's harder to know exactly how many additional projects we get as a result of also using it a sales-tool, but the effect is real. There is no way we could do our current volume without a system like this - unless we brought on multiple additional staff to coordinate project selections. It allows us to track everything in one place, meaning nothing falls through the cracks.
ConsIt's never fun to pay for subscriptions. But the value we get for what we pay is more than fair. Perhaps some provided templates could reduce initial project set-up time or help us make sure we're implementing the software using best-practices.
April 26, 2018
Mikala L.
May 29, 2019

“What a Find!”

OverallCoConstruct centralizes so many of our business practices. Because of that we are a more efficient company. Our clients receive better service because CoConstruct offers structure to how we handle decisions, follow up items, scheduling and money. The implementation process is next to none in terms of undivided attention and assistance. One of the biggest issues I have found with software companies are their support services. You find a software, you get excited about it, you sign up and then you're left to figure it all out yourself. Not CoConstruct. It is truly incredibly the level of service and care that is provided which is no additional cost for on boarding. You are assigned an implementation coach who guides you through the learning process, data implementation, company branding, etc. And even when you have your arms around the software and feel you do not need any more coaching sessions, there is always an inevitable question you need to run by someone and that's where the support team comes into play. Call or email and a helpful resource of knowledge at your fingertips through the Help Center as well. CoConstruct sets the standard for customer service at an ultimate high.
ProsThe features are all highly integrative which is the ultimate selling point for CoConstruct. Before CoConstruct we were using four different softwares to accomplish all of what CoConstruct handles - estimating, budgeting, purchase orders, change orders, specs and selections, job log, to-do items, etc. The single point entry system hones in on efficiency and reduction of errors.
ConsWe are primarily open book and CoConstruct handles this relatively well. There are a couple nuisances in regards to budgeting along with the integration of Quickbooks that I feel could be improved. However it is minor enough to have a workaround that isn't too timely or error prone.
May 29, 2019
Sarah Y.
General Manager
March 22, 2018

“Tremendous Help”

OverallThe program has been a huge help to our business from estimating to the finished product. It does take some work and commitment to get it set up and we are still making some changes to some of that, but it is totally worth the effort. The customer service team is extremely helpful, they can almost always answer our questions in one phone call, if not on that call, they have always followed up so we are not left with unanswered questions.
ProsCreating the estimate in Co-Construct and have that tie directly into the specs & selections section keeps all the information in one place, in a very organized manner. The customers can see exactly what we plan to build and the materials we will use, decreasing the chance of last-minute surprises for both us and the customer. We can easily show customer ways to save and give them options for upgrades.
ConsIt takes some work to get set up which seemed overwhelming at first, but the customer service team was able to assist during that time. The time investment into the set up was well worth it. And like most things, we are learning as we go - so we still, even after a year, are making some tweaks to our template, making it better and better each time.
March 22, 2018
Tony H.
June 28, 2012

OverallI'm the owner of a company that builds 8-12 pre sold custom homes per year that range from 1M to 5M. We take the customer experience very seriously. How we take care of our customers has earned us the State of Texas Builder of the Year and we're a 2 time National Master Builder of the Year. As good as I think we are, this will make us better. I rarely get online and post reviews, but feel compelled to do so for the Co-Construct software. I just implemented the software and I have to tell you that I am VERY impressed with how easy the system is to use and the fact that its very well thought out. Within only two weeks, I have all of my current projects online with very demanding customers using the system. The emails have stopped and all communication is going thru the system. These are big homes with tons of selections and features. I already have actual feedback from my customers thanking me for implementing this system and how they now feel that were listening to them. They no longer feel that they have to print emails and put them in folders. They've told me that it's actually fun to use and they feel like the process is under control. I have one customer with a 2M+ home under construction that this week showed the system to a friend that wants to build as well, and said, "Look what my builder does for me." Overall... very easy to use... designed for the custom builder... very well thought out... Have not found one glitch yet... I'm an Apple computer user. Apple products are intuitive. They just work. The best way I can describe it is that Co-Construct works the way my brain works. If you think it should do something, it does and it is intuitive to use. Is very apparent that the person responsible for the concept of Co-Construct was on the client side of a custom home at one time. This is a game changer for my company. More importantly a game changer for how my clients feel we took care of them in the process. I can't wait to be in front of my next prospect and show them the difference this system will make for them. The support team has been there with us. There have been a lot of questions, but every one was responded to the same day and it was always user education vs. software problems. The custom branding is great as well. Not perfect, but VERY good. I would like to customize it some more, but I haven't asked them. I bet they would do it if I asked.
June 28, 2012
David C.
September 27, 2017

“Exceptional product for managing multiple home remodeling projects at the the same time”

OverallIf you are a home remodeler or builder, this software is most like going to save you time and money if you use it the way it was built to be used.
ProsThe scheduling module has helped us make sure that we keep to the projects timeline and at the end compare how we did to what our baseline was at the start of the project. Our clients really like the ability to have a project management tool that allows them to communicate, see overview of the financials, make selections, approve change orders, see pictures, access project files and have a repository for messages in one place. The mobile app is a huge benefit to us because we can update the schedule in the field, see what tasks are due to be completed while at the job site and look at a file when out of the office.
ConsWould like the ability to know when we have overbooked an employee or sub for the day when preparing and updating the schedule when running multiple projects.
September 27, 2017
Cara S.
June 21, 2019

“CoConstruct for the win”

OverallWe are a small custom home renovator & home builder and co-construct allows us to compete with larger companies for the same projects. Gives us a professional foot forward with proposals and gives clients access to the project via job logs.
ProsCloud based, intuitive, limits rework, improves communication, captures important project information
ConsSchedule program can be improved. Still way more intuitive than Office Project, which was used before.
June 21, 2019
Sandy S.
September 21, 2017

“Sharpest Tool in the Box”

OverallI'm looking forward to finding the time and scratch to go to Co-Camp for a some intensive training in order to fully utilize the app's potential.
ProsCo-Construct as helped me in all aspects with running my business in one package--client management and communication, budgeting and tracking, scheduling and sales. On the sales side, using the application sets me apart from my competition and is a real differentiator in my clients eyes, and I can confidently say my use of it factors into my clients decision making when evaluating proposals. On the business side, I had a spreadsheet that served me well, but with Co-Construct, all the data flows into QB Online in a way the spreadsheet does not. Additionally, if you are a Mac user, you can both use QB Online and do job costing for your projects. Finally, it is a great resource for client management. No longer do I have to worry about things slipping through the cracks when I get a laundry list of items from a client. Now, questions about cabinetry go in the cabinetry section and questions about plumbing go to the plumbing section. (Customer support has also been exceptional.)
ConsMore granular control of what my employee see. It does take a little work to get customers up to speed (but it's worth the effort). More detail in the budget view would help. Also, a better way to handle architects since they occupy a middle ground between "client" and "partner". Overall, the cons are small things that I believe Co-Construct is aware of and will eventually be addressed in future iterations of the application.
September 21, 2017
Graham H.
Director of Operations
October 17, 2016

“Co-construct changed my life!”

OverallWhen I started in the remodeling industry a couple of years ago I really didn't know what I was getting into. I was quickly overwhelmed with the amount of minutiae to keep track of and the relationships these details have on each other. Not only did it make my life crazy it was hurting our bottom line, affecting client relationships, and staff effectiveness, especially people in the field. Today I get more done in less time and everyone who is using the software loves it. We are still learning features and functionality - implementation is a long-term commitment. But for me the impact was immediate and I learn something new every day.
ProsScheduling is a breeze! The functionality makes it easy to update and notify trades. As selections get refined this too makes communication with clients much cleaner and timely. Plus everyone that needs to be is kept in the loop. Also, you don't have to worry about making a mistake - these are really easy to fix and the Co-construct support staff are exceptional and fast.
ConsCo-construct will require rethinking the way you do things. Old habits can be hard to let go but for those things you regard as non-negotiable Co-construct support staff will help you find a way to adapt yourself and/or the software to meet a variety of needs. Greater flexibility with financial software integration would be helpful.
Recommendations to other buyersCareful planning on building selection templates is a must. You cannot spend too much time with this. It is also really important, if you want selections to be the best time-saving tool in the program, that you update your selection templates as you make modifications in specific items in projects. Also, a good plan for numbering selection items is necessary to keeping items in a logical sequence and grouping in categories that make sense.
October 17, 2016
cassandra w.
July 20, 2016

“Co-Construct is an amazingly helpful tool. It brings everything you ”

ProsCo-construct allows you so much latitude it's crazy! you can mould each job to the particular client and their specific needs, communication is centralized and can be specific to any part of the job making it simple to find information and communicate with the client, you can keep track of important budget information and share with the client your progress and where the costs are sitting the entire way through, you are notified about everything you choose which is amazing. all the info you need is at your finger tips in a moment. Adjustments to the build schedule are easy to make and filter through to the entire job making the process understandable and reliable. You can set todo's for yourself or some one else very easily. you can load and share files, invoices, quotes for review, photos of progress at the job site. I could go on and on, but the short of it is..... Co-construct rocks!!
Constheir is very little that i do not like about co-construct. If there was one area i would like to see some imporvement it would be in the todo section. I feel like they could be a little more detailed. In the set up it would be nice to be able to assign a date for the todo, and also updating the todo with notes on progress. I may just not have been using them long enough. I worked for Edward Jones for 7 years and have to say they have amazing software for todo and task tracking. You might like to pick their brains if you can.
Recommendations to other buyersLook at all the training videos. Review them. Speak to a co-construct representative. And throughly research your alternatives. I have used nothing that can compare in this industry.
July 20, 2016
Steve J.
March 30, 2013

OverallIn another life, I was a senior executive of a public home builder. We spent countless man-hours and untold amounts of money attempting to design a enterprise wide software that could do some of the functionality of Co-construct. We never did. It's my understanding that a number of public builders have to one degree or another done the same thing. Millions of dollars later, few, if any, accomplished what Co-construct has done in integrating the customer with the builder in a friendly, logical, affordable and immensely useful tool. It marries the client to the builder in a way that removes most of the causes of misunderstanding. It enhances the overall relationship. Instead of a lost stream of email correspondence, each communique is documented in the system for posterity. Questions disappear. Changes get documented. Discussions get verified. Change order confusion evaporates. Scheduling "dropped balls" are reduced or eliminated. Selection deadlines get met to the satisfaction of both parties. Choices get documented without confusion. Pricing and cost adjustments go through a vetting process that virtually eliminates controversy. Finally, after building an excellent house, we have a system that seals the client's relationship by providing a warranty follow up system that keeps the builder informed of critical issue regarding warranty that can sour the relationship if "forgotten" or inadvertently delayed because of misplaced priorities. One of the underlying and essential components of Co-construct is its "notifications" protocol. This allows all the team members to remain informed and up to date. It makes the excuse of "I forgot" or "I didn't know" disappear. The program "badgers the life out of you" until you get it done and check it off in Co-construct as "completed". This function acts like a matronly personal assistant daily reminding you of outstanding items requiring you or a team members attention. With the downsizing many of us have had to endure during this downturn, Co-construct offer a welcome productivity tool that fills in the gaps of lost personnel. Does it do everything we'd like it to do? No not yet, but with the excellence Co-construct has accomplished thus far, enhance modules we be enthusiastically received. We'll never build another house without Co-construct.
Giovanni S.
March 12, 2013

OverallWe are a custom home builder building high-end houses costing $700,000 on average. We are now starting to build more project homes and are attempting to build more volume into our business. Over the past four years it has been difficult to run a business in this economic environment. The upside of this is that it has forced us to look for new and streamlined ways to run and communicate within our business. That is where Co-construct comes in. We purchased the software fifteen months ago and have never looked back. It was instantly easy to use. The online tutorials were easy to follow, but I like to tinker first and ask for help second. I found that within an hour I was using 60% of the functionality of the software. Our clients and team have had the same experience. We have found that the software is a vital part of our organization that not only helps to capture and resolve any communication problems, but also to formalise and systematize our process. We use Co-construct as an internal system as much as a system to manage the client's needs by uploading purchase orders, plans, doing defects lists, and communicating with our trades. I particularly like the functionality where once I have completed a task, the appropriate people have instantly and automatically been notified to the change or task. On the rare occassion we have had issues with the software (mostly user issues) we have always had a prompt response to the issue and had it sorted out within 24 hours of logging it into the system. We are now starting to expand our business, and with new team members coming on board I feel that we have a system that will help to create a similar experience for each client. I suppose that the true measure of a software is to try to imagine what our business was like prior to getting it, or what would happen if we stopped using Co-construct. I dont want to contemplate it, as it has woven its way into nearly all aspects of our business and is now irreplaceable to us. I have given a very high rating to Co-construct based on my previous experience using a CRM system where my experience has been the absolute opposite: difficult to use and little support by their customization partners. Thanks so much Co-construct for the tool that has allowed me to confidently build my business.
Keith D.
May 21, 2018

“Great organizational tool for our business!”

OverallI think a step by step start up kit would be a good idea. Do this first, then that, then this and so on. Separate it by category. Estimators work on their thing, office managers have theirs and project managers do as well. Those departments can explain things to the others once they understand them better. Trying to learn the whole program is impossible at first. We are more than 1yr in and still learning new things.
ProsThe scheduling feature is what I like best. I am the project manager for our company and having schedule templates with predecessors is a big time saver. Communicating with clients and trade partners together is also easier than being the middle man and repeating things twice. This keeps me in control, but lets all of us talk.
ConsThere is a lot to learn and it takes a long time and a lot of errors to get it so it's working well for us. There is only so much you can learn at once. Co-construct has camp that we went to in the beginning, but trial by fire and calling the support line is the only way we have learned. Great support center!
May 21, 2018
kimberly m.
Director of operations, marketing and social media
October 14, 2016

“Improving communication with clients, suppliers, and craftsmen is easy with Co-Construct”

OverallMy husband and I implemented this homebuilding project management software in February 2016 and immediately began seeing streamlined communication with our suppliers and clients. We were able to build a custom 2800 sf home for a family who only made 3 visits over the 5 month period. Weekly photos were uploaded for progress on their home and messages with suppliers and the homeowner were all in one location. We even provided their realtor access so that she could be informed of the status and tasks that were taking place each week. Our ability to load all project information in a single repository that can be shared with appropriate craftsmen is crucial and saves countless hours in coping, faxing and getting plans to everyone. We load the contract, plans, specification and then selection sheets that are visible as needed with details on every phase of the building process. Tracking change orders and providing a daily balance of outstanding amounts is also helpful for accurately tracking costs. I love being able to assign additional "to-do"s as requests are made and then managing the punch list through warranty items for the following year. We use the prospect projects for every spec home that we build and can easily track costs to budgets for our construction loans on a weekly basis. We could not manage our business and grow like we have this year without this valuable software tool.
ProsI love the structure and intuitiveness of the product. Most clients are able to work their way through the application with minimal instruction.
ConsI would like a little more flexibility in templates and on the cost models offered.
Recommendations to other buyersIf you are going to be a homebuilder and have more than 1 project at a time there is no way you can manage your business without this tool. We do not email anyone anymore but track everything through messages and tasks
October 14, 2016
Debbie B.
Sales & Marketing
July 19, 2017

“Making paperwork easy!”

OverallFor businesses that are not using this product/program, I find it hard to understand how they can stay on top of their construction processes and costs. This program keeps you in check and on schedule.
ProsEasily find what you are looking for, whether its a selection, a date in the schedule or a variation Great for interaction with the client, you can instantly send them a message/email and you are notified as soon as they reply Keeps all the information in one place You cant make a mistake that cannot be rectified The 'To Do' feature is a great tool for reminders or chasing up things that need to be done
ConsThe only bugbear I have is that you have to go into both 'change choice' and 'update status' to lock your selection., where as if the 'update status' was in the same section, you wouldn't have to go into 2 tabs and could save a little time.
July 19, 2017
Christopher A.
Pres & Ceo
November 4, 2018

“Great Project Team Communications”

ProsThe communication and contextualization of information is awesome. I love that everything for a project can be found in one place and shared to all the people on the team that need it. I love that homeowners can have a voice that is not my text inbox and the information goes to more than just me so it is acted on. I love that team at Co-Construct is constantly listening and working to improve the software to better fit my team, my trade partners and my homeowners requests. I love the integration with QB. And last but not least I love the mobile app.
ConsOn the homeowners side there is not currently a search bar and it makes it hard for homeowners to find specific information. Other than that its really a great software.
November 4, 2018
Jason B.
October 7, 2013

OverallWe are a remodeling and restoration company. We were founded in April 2012 along with an on-your-lot home builder to fund a non-profit organization, ELM. ELM is a non-profit organization that specializes in assisting those that have fallen on difficult times to have a hand getting through those times and regain self-sufficiency. I began looking for software in June 2012 to aid in the estimation and job management aspect of the work we were performing. I came across several different software options that had individual potential. The weakness to each of these options was the inability to communicate extensively with the customer. One was fantastic at estimating the job and relaying the initial cost to the customer. The second was great at managing corporate job costs and communicating to the trades and vendors. We had nothing to track or communicate selections, changed orders, time delays, or progress to our clients. I came across Co-construct and thought that it would be the piece we were missing. It helps us in communicating allowances for selections, managing client communication, and tracking the progress of our projects. I started implementing the software and got sidetracked when our work became busier. Co-construct created our custom branding and had it to us in 10 days. They have helped tremendously any time I have had a question. Even when I haven't had a question, they have followed up to make sure I wasn't drowning. Once I picked up the software again, it was a lot easier to get started than I thought it would be. After talking to support, I setup a project, created allowances, and then created and posted a schedule in 3.5 hours. In about 20 minutes, I was able to demonstrate the software to my team and have them using the basic functions of Co-construct. Now, the complexity of the software is disguised by the ease of use. You can get started very quickly and be successful. As you use the software more and more, you will be able to track and measure a lot more than you ever thought possible. In my opinion, Co-construct blows other options out of the water when it comes to project/client communication.
October 7, 2013
Nick W.
March 12, 2013

OverallI work for a small, family run Design & Build firm. Early last year, we started looking for a tool that would help us with our project management when we stumbled across Co-construct. It wasn't exactly what we were looking for, but came close enough; plus it had a lot of neat features for making communication between ourselves, our clients and our suppliers very easy while eliminating our previous dependence on unwieldy spreadsheets. We've been using the product for over a year now, and while this period hasn't been without its hiccups, it has been a very positive experience for us. While very easy and intuitive for someone my age (30) to use, I've found some older partners and clients had some trouble (50+), but once I explained the purpose of the features they were having trouble with and how to go about using them, it was like leading a thirsty horse to water. A big bonus is the continual development going on behind the scenes, which results in new modules being released on a fairly regular basis. While at first they may seem to complicate the process, thanks to the amazing customer support, any confusion is quickly swept away. Honestly, I have never had to wait more than 3 hours for a response to an email ticket, which is incredible compared to my past software experiences. The #1 benefit of using the Co-construct system, in my opinion, is in keeping all communication about a project in one centralized package that's easy to access and always fully complete. The newer features such as the Job Site log and now the accounting (waiting for Quickbooks integration!!) feature are very easy to use and make tracking all aspects of a job incredibly easy. Our company purchased the branding package; now for clients to use the product, all they have to do is log in from our website, keeping the whole product very easy to access. We've received some great compliments from clients as to how innovative 'our' system is. It's okay, I don't mind taking all the credit. In short, if you're involved in renovations, new builds, or restoration, it behooves you to at least give Co-construct a look; my company did, and now it's an indispensable tool in our arsenal.
Craig J.
Director/Builder
September 15, 2019

“CoConstruct for residential builders”

OverallCo-Construct allows me to be on top of the all aspects of my projects regardless of what stage they are at. Single data entry is fantastic and the program synchronises well with QuickBooks. Quite simply - the program allows me to better organise and run my construction business.
ProsSimple data entry that is done once Quality project management system Easy to develop specification presented in a professional manner Simple and effective financial management system that includes invoicing
ConsIt does not have an integral estimating capability; this requires the maintenance of another capability. The ability of the program to ingest data from estimating software is limited.

By CoConstruct on September 16, 2019
Hi Craig -- Thanks for the feedback. We've got some upcoming enhancements later this year on importing estimates for our builders and remodelers who prefer to do their estimating elsewhere. We also have some other tools coming to add even more power to our fully integrated estimating solution within CoConstruct. So, either way, it sounds like we're working on some new features that should help you get more out of the system.
September 15, 2019
Dean L.
Owner and Project Manager
April 18, 2019

“Almost 10 Year Users”

OverallI believe we were early adopters in early 2010 of a new product. Its been a pleasure to watch it evolve and get more sophisticated, and incorporate ours and others feedback. While many of the accounting integration aspects are un used by us it clear they have been responsive to users requests.
ProsSelections and Money We are a very custom builder and the selections tab allows for thorough and documented communication of a choice. The financial tab allows for easily keeping the client current on investment expectations, especially as they make choices in selctions.
ConsNot much, but if I had to say one thing it might be the schedule. It has evolved a lot in the almost 10 years we have used it, but it still can be glitchy and not as sophisticated in some ways as MS Project which we moved from.
April 18, 2019
Alison M.
Owner, Office Manager
February 20, 2017

“Might have saved our business”

OverallWe began using CoConstruct after several years of growth made our business completely unmanageable. Our old "mom and pop" systems weren't working anymore, and we needed a way to consolidate information and communicate with our entire team. CoConstruct has been a business-saver. Even though our financials were strong before CoConstruct, our frustration and stress levels were through the roof, and we almost threw in the towel just to get relief. But CoConstruct has eliminated so many of the headaches that we've been able to get our heads back above water and breathe.
ProsSuper features designed with contractors in mind Time clock feature makes billing so much easier Incredible, fast, friendly customer service Excellent training available
ConsBig learning curve to get beyond the basics of use (but it's worth it) Client login hasn't been practical for our target market, so communication is still split between CoConstruct and email Seems to be geared more toward new construction, but can be used for remodeling with some tweaks
February 20, 2017
Nathan B.
December 7, 2017

“Overal great value for the money, lacking a some robust features”

OverallCustomer service is truly top notch, any questions whatsoever they will walk you through. Definitely take the training because some of the features are a bit difficult to understand without a coach guiding you. They do not charge for training. Overall its an "OK" platform, good value and somewhat easy to use. The features it is missing compared to BuilderTrend somewhat justifies the price difference. I would recommend this for projects that are NOT customer centric, i.e track homes, or commercial jobs. If you need the customer to be involved in selections and budgeting etc this is a confusing platform for them. If they had a bidding platform that would allow vendors to directly enter their bids like BT this would save a lot of time. If the selections process was easier or had abilities to mass upload product specs it could improve the customer interaction. This platform ultimately made me spend more time with customers on selections because they could not see everything or understand how it hit the bottom line.
ProsThe price is better than the competition, unlimited prospects, unlimited in warranty statuses. There is a customer portal however it is lacking features. site design is simple, relatively easy to use.
ConsFeatures are a little light compared to builder trend. Selection process is really painstaking No import option for price catalogues or bidding software i.e. ClearEstimates Plan "rooms" are difficult because you need to have separate files in multiple locations for various people. Ideally having a file i.e. blueprint and setting permissions would be the easier option.
December 7, 2017
George M.
June 15, 2017

“CoConstruct has benefited our Company”

OverallOverall, we are glad we made the switch. The comparsion between BuilderTrend and Construct is close.... We have not use the estimating tools yet as we still use excel. Plan to make the change soon... This could be the tool that sets CoConstruct apart from BuilderTrend....
ProsThe Gantt chart is first rate in scheduling. If you are a MicroSoft project user, this is a perfect fit. Customers seem to like it so far as does the sub Contractor base. We ended up making a switch from BuilderTrend to CoConstruct mostly due to the scheduling features.... BuilderTrend lacked Subtask in the Gantt chart viewing each task as a separate line item. I want to total duration of the foundation installation with each subtask involved. Not just have Foundation as a single task....... outside of those few items, everthing is worked good. I would definitely recommend trying to see if it fits your needs........
ConsExpensive compared to BuilderTrend but worth the extra for the addtional Gantt functions. No way of tracking sub contractor insurance certificate expirations under the vendor section. CoConstruct said set up as individual "ToDo's". No thank you...... Lastly document management seems a little cumbersome. Requires searching through allot of files to find a files. You can filter by apppling a tag but if the sub doesnt know how you tagged it, the search can be frustrating. That is the feedback we have gotten from the subs.
June 15, 2017
Dave T.
March 16, 2017

“CoConstruct will allow my company to grow in an orderly fashion”

OverallKeep up the good work. You've got an awesome product.
ProsI can't say enough positive things about CoConstruct. After attending the "CoCamp" training last week I am currently setting up all of my projects, leads, and prospects in the system. The growth of my company has brought about certain challenges that we had been struggling with but now that we have C0Construct, we have the means to not only solve those growth related issues but also the ability to grow even more. Initially I was concerned about the cost but I now believe that it's the best investment I've ever made in the company. The customer service from CoConstruct has been outstanding. As a "right" now kind of guy I like answers immediately. I have called support twice and both times my issue was resolved in five minutes or less. I'm looking forward to getting to the point where we are using all of the capabilities of the program. I don't think it will take to long to get there.
ConsAt this point I don't really have any cons about the system. One thing that I'd like to see become available is a more detailed CRM system that offered an automated email followup capability for leads and inquiries.
March 16, 2017
Brett C R.
Design, 1-10 employees
October 12, 2016

“Awesome...”

OverallWith any given technology there is always a learning curve when trying to implement. Co-Constructs team collaborated with our team to walk us through the implementation. We implemented over 4 months and then attended the training in Charlottesville . Great experience in Charlottesville and worth the trip.
ProsScheduling...we process over 3-4 jobs a week and juggling the puzzle of our team and the trades was time consuming. Co-Construct allows us to do scheduling in about 1/10th f the time it took before. A nice by-product for our clients was the access they have online. It helped us with scheduling yet inadvertently was a huge benefit to our clients. Finally it allowed us to have our entire team on the same page (Subs, trades and employees).
ConsLittle bit of a learning curve in getting our subs and trades on board.
Recommendations to other buyersExpect and allow for time to implement. Do it in stages...eat the elephant one bite at a time. Our team decided that EVERYONE (trades, subs) would be on Co-Co-construct. This provided our team with a standard for all our Clients. Be sure to walk your trades and subs through he process...go on the job site and work with them on their pone...have a meeting at your office and show them the video from Co-Construct and then help them install the app on their smart phones. You will get a little resistance and yet I can tell you that after about 30 days using Co-Construct all our team, subs and trades can't live without it... Lastly...spend the small amount to have your videos on your webpage and portal branded with your logos...our clients are really impressed that we invested in this system.
October 12, 2016
Stuart W.
Commercial Real Estate, Unspecified
3.5/5
May 29, 2014

“I looked at the program for 18 months before starting and a year using”

ProsAll your project information is in one place, and it files itself depending on what item it is. The approvals are the best because you can submit your variations to the client, and they can click to confirm, which is like money in the bank. I have been promoting full payment of variations on approval, which is a big change from sending my money and time to provide variations to then spend more time in accounting and chasing the payments. The email messaging section speaks for itself: a great time saver. The support team at Co-construct: I don't think there is better. I have been very happy, and they make it simple for us builders, because we did sign up 20 years ago to bang on a keyboard like a monkey. I also dig the webinars. The hands-on with our rep is reassuring if you have one or a few issues.
ConsI have always consider that American contractors have had a higher profile or standing in their country than builders perhaps in Australia. And hence, there is no one in Australia putting out a program like this. So what I like the least would be the language used, as we use different terms in Australia, and the main issue is explaining the differences to my clients.
Recommendations to other buyersI have spent a lot of time money and effort to come up with my own systems. You put someone in the office three days a week and still they wouldn't come close to the organization of this program. I looked at the dollar value of what you spend on buying a project, and it is nothing compared to money you have to spend organizing construction projects. The time stamping and confirming of every item is easy, and for once, the builder has the upper hand on letting the client how the project is to run and not the other way around.
May 29, 2014
Alli G.
July 24, 2018

“Feature rich construction program but needing more live support”

OverallHaving an app for both android and iphone makes a world of difference when you are in the field.
ProsThere are an abundance of features including an app for your phone to help keep track of tasks and construction timelines.
ConsLack of live, instant support. Having to manually enter tasks in different categories wastes valuable time.

By CoConstruct on July 26, 2018
Hi Alli -- We're glad you love the mobile apps. We've got some great new things coming within the next two weeks to the app to give you a ton of control over your budgets and actuals (even those from QuickBooks), so stay tuned. Regarding instant support, I did want to make sure you knew that you can always call us, at no charge, at 800-213-3392, option 2 for support. 70%+ of our calls during business hours are answered in 30 seconds or less. So, while not technically "instant," our team is ready to get you answers pretty darn fast whenever you need them. I'll also have someone give you a call to make sure we address any questions you've got now. Thanks!
July 24, 2018
Tom C.
April 9, 2012

OverallI am the operations manager for a small infill builder in Denver. Frustrated with our current scheduling software and its shortcomings, I searched the Internet for a program geared towards custom homebuilders. Most of what I came across was targeted for the larger builders and was too cumbersome for a small custom builder. After weeks of searching and looking at demo programs, I came across Co-Construct. I could quickly see the value of this system and immediately became excited. Not only did it provide the scheduling software in real time and available for anyone I chose to let view it, but also it did so much more! I contacted Donny at Co-Construct, the owner, and he was on the phone with me within an hour to answer my questions. He quickly had me set up with demo access to his software and within a short period of time I knew this was the program for our company. Not only did it solve my scheduling dilemma, but also it was able to solve other issues such as keeping track of selections, client communication, and file transfer between vendors, trades, and helping to track budgets. After 21 years in the business, there are not many things that come along that can change your business. I can honestly say Co-Construct is one of those things that have changed how we do business. Our clients love the system, as do I. The best part about it, it is like having another person work for me. It is a great tool for all of us at the office and allows us to have information at our finger tips at all times. (With the use of our iPads and iPhones) It saves my construction manager time as he can update schedules in the field, pull up plans, review selections, and so much more. Donny and his team are a great asset to anyone serious about improving their business operations and providing excellent customer service. With Donny, he listens to your suggestions and is constantly looking for ways to improve the system for his builders. Find a large software company that will take the time to listen to your needs. Thanks for a great program and excellent support.
April 9, 2012
Scott R.
September 19, 2018

“CoConstruct Rocks!”

OverallI'm hoping in the near future to work with tech support to get our Quickbooks integrated with CoConstruct. I realize I've only scratched the surface of what this amazing software can do. Speaking of amazing...instead of the many years of having a static schedule that needs constant managing and reworking, but to have CoConstruct's interactive schedule that alerts trades when their work is coming up, and alerts my project managers of when to order materials, etc. is fantastic!
ProsWhat's not to like?! Everything you could possibly need for each project: Financials, Schedule, Specs & Selections, Change Orders, Files & Photos, To-Dos, Messages, Job Log, Warranty, etc) is right at your fingertips 24/7 from your desktop, laptop or phone. Not only a kickass sales tool for wowing potential clients, but a super user-friendly tool to manage your jobs day to day. And on top of all that, their tech support is the best I've ever worked with. Thanks CoConstruct!
ConsTruthfully, I haven't found anything I don't like yet. The only negative I can point to is that I haven't taken the time to take advantage of all that CoConstruct has to offer. If I could actually set up my work day like the example given in Donny's demo video, my life would be paradise!
September 19, 2018