GAGEtrak Ratings

Overall
4.2/5
3.8/5
4.3/5

About GAGEtrak

With a solid 30-year track record and countless auditor recommendations, GAGEtrak is the world's leading calibration management software solution, assuring unwavering accuracy, efficiency and standards compliance at over 15,000 facilities across the globe. Use GAGEtrak to effectively manage metrology assets, monitor scheduled and unscheduled calibrations, forecast workloads, minimize costs and maximize efficiency. Available in Desktop, Client/Server and Hosted versions. Learn more about GAGEtrak

Sue R.
Test engineer
January 24, 2019

“In depth Calibration Tracking”

OverallWe used GAGEtrak in an automotive production plant and had a vast amount of test equipment in line, hand held and stand alone test equipment such as Calipers, Micrometers, tensile, torque and force gauges. We needed a system to enter the types of equipment, specification of equipment, calibration due dates, serial and model numbers, calibration companies, reports and results. Not only is this imperative for automotive safety but also for audits and customer requirements. We were able to track, enter results, flag equipment, send engineers reports, pull a list of items due for calibration and easily request calibration as all the pertinent information was available immediately in one spot. We found auditors were very impressed with the system.
ProsAfter moving to the Quality Dept for an Automotive parts company I learned to use GAGEtrak. Adding all our equipment to the system was relatively simple to get started. After we added the equipment it was just a matter of entering all the history, specifications and calibration outsource companies which we were able to do as we used or sent out the test equipment for calibration or as service dates came due. We had a representative come train us and had customer support as we learned and had questions so the learning curve wasn't hard. Tracking all test equipment calibrations and history is imperative so having this system to maintain all this data in one place was a substantial improvement to the company.
ConsI think the only con here for us not being able to configure each screen to fit what we needed to see. Having blank line items, or changing the exact wording of line items to match the wording we used can be confusing and in calibration tracking it is critical that we understand what we are seeing. I think that some of this could have been changed by GAGEtrak itself but the company didn't ask or it during the time I was there.

By CyberMetrics on January 25, 2019
Thank you for posting such a wonderful and detailed review of GAGEtrak, Sue. We truly value your input! If you would like assistance with changing the wording in GAGEtrak forms to fit your company's terminology, please don't hesitate to contact us. 1-800-777-7020
January 24, 2019
TERRY W.
CALIBRATION TECHNICIAN
Automotive, 10,001+ employees
May 11, 2018

“Great calibration management control system”

OverallA great computer management control system. Gagetrak increases our efficiency and effectiveness and is the #1 enabler of compliance. We would have great difficulty being compliant without it.
ProsIt enables you to manage your overall measurement system and the calibration lab. It is your main source of information daily. Quality and compliance are a natural by product. Gagetrak is a great resource during audits.
ConsWe find it difficult to filter and isolate products and locations. I would like to create lists of gauges that belong to particular stations. or lists of a type or style of gauge. I would like a standard calibration practices and procedures reference as part of the software. This would answer a lot of questions for users and act as a guide. A lot of what I have mentioned may be solved with formal training that I never received.

By CyberMetrics on August 14, 2018
Thank you very much for taking the time to review GAGEtrak, Terry. We are so glad to know that it is working well for you and that it's a valuable asset during audits. You are absolutely right that training would cover the items you mentioned, but if you're unable to attend training, please look through the help system that is available from within the software. There are standard reports in GAGEtrak that will provide the lists you mentioned: Gage Listing by Current Location and Gage Listing by Gage Type. GAGEtrak also stores procedures that you can either enter yourself or you can use CalPro which is a comprehensive procedure database that imports into GAGEtrak. Please contact us any time for assistance and thank you again for posting such a great review!
Aaron G.
May 10, 2018

“Simplifies calibration tracking and monitoring.”

ProsVery customizable. The Dashboard overview is very helpful. The ability to view it as a database makes it easier to accomplish lots of data entry. The automatic numbering and cloning functions make entering new tools and gages easy.
ConsReport customization is difficult to learn. There isn't an option to extend calibration cycles without entering a new calibration.

By CyberMetrics on August 13, 2018
Hello, Aaron. Thank you for taking the time to review GAGEtrak! We offer an in-depth web training on custom reporting. Please contact us at any time for details. Regarding your calibration cycles: We recommend that you change the frequency at the time of calibration so that there will be a corresponding cal record to go with the frequency change and a place in history to document the change. That being said, you can update frequencies and due dates between calibrations by simply changing the due date and clicking the next cal button in Gages (GAGEtrak will recalculate the due date). If you change a frequency and date this way, we recommend that you document it because the next due date at the time of the last calibration is stored in the cal record and therefore is a part of history and not updated when the change is made to the frequency and a situation where the next due date in gages does match that of calibrations is not desirable. Please contact us if you need further assistance.
Jasmine V.
Sr. Quality Technician
Mechanical or Industrial Engineering, 11-50 employees
May 10, 2018

“Its easy to learn and manage.”

OverallBeing able to track everything that is placed in my quality department is a great feeling. an spending less money replacing gages.
ProsIt locks all the information i put in and doesn't change until i change it. As well as being able to track everything without a worry.
ConsWe cant make changes to some of the lines on the program as in drop lines meaning. Trying to delete anything from a drop line is difficult.

By CyberMetrics on August 27, 2018
Hello, Jasmine. Thanks so much for the great GAGEtrak review! There are two kinds of drop-down lists in GAGEtrak. A self-building drop-down list lets you manually enter a new value which is automatically added to the list for future selection. These lists can be easily edited within Setup -> Dropdown List Management. The other kind is a value list which contains data that is entered only via the main data entry point, for example, the Supplier Code drop-down list in Gages. You cannot enter new data in this field. Instead, navigate to Suppliers from the main menu and enter a new supplier record. The new Supplier Code will then be available in the Supplier Code drop-down list in Gages. If a value list such as Supplier Code contains unwanted data, you can navigate to Suppliers and uncheck the Enabled checkbox. This makes the supplier inactive which removes the supplier from the drop-down list. If you need further assistance, contact us any time and thank you again for the great review!
Colin D.
Software Engineer
Automotive, 11-50 employees
August 1, 2019

“Review”

OverallVery simple and easy to use. Tech support is very easy to get a hold of and does a great job resolving any issues.
ProsVery easy software to setup and implement. Training for user is straight forward and the software is so easy to learn that any user with basic computer.
Consthe fact that it still uses a back end Access database.

By CyberMetrics on August 2, 2019
Thank you very much for posting your review of GAGEtrak, Colin. We are thrilled to know you're doing so well with it! Please note that you do have the option to use Microsoft SQL database for your back-end data in current versions and we will be supporting SQLite, Microsoft SQL Server and PostgreSQL moving forward in new versions.
August 1, 2019
William S.
Calibration
Telecommunications, 1001-5000 employees
April 30, 2019

“Great software, easy to use.”

OverallProgram is very reliable, and intuitive. The software was a great help with our audits.
ProsThe large amount of information available on your screen is great. I can easily answer the auditor's questions. Vast capability, and customization, if you know how, or want to use it. We use the FDA version, I took the training classes in person. We passed multiple audits in the past year, the FDA, AS9100, ISO13485, ISO9001, plus several customers. The built reports are useful, however, for results with less data, I use the quick and advanced Boolean searches. When working with technical support they are very knowledgeable and available early, I am on the East coast. Pro: Easy to use, vast capability for records and data, some customization. Good technical support. Program is very reliable, and intuitive. The software was a great help with our audits.
ConsMajor Con: Need to have training. Labels are difficult to change need to be done by Gagetrak. No automatic change from "out for cal" back to "active" to use this function requires making a vendor list= BIG Pain. Minor cons: unused fields cannot be eliminated, entering notes in comment section is not user friendly.

By CyberMetrics on May 1, 2019
Thank you very much for your GAGEtrak review, William. We truly value your input!
April 30, 2019
Mark S.
Metrologist
Aviation & Aerospace, 501-1000 employees
May 17, 2018

“This software is a solid performer with a lot of positives and only a few drawbacks.”

OverallWe can easily and efficiently manage 2000+ gages with this software, which is extremely important due to the limited human resources we have to address this.
ProsThe number of features it has is so extensive, it would be hard to imagine someone using them all. It is also very customizable and mostly intuitive to learn at least the basic functions. It performs well for someone working with several hundred gages or more. Their customer service is excellent should a problem ever present itself.
ConsGAGEtrak 7 has a dashboard feature which some may find useful, but is mainly just window dressing. The relatively high price may be prohibitive for smaller scale users. There is at least some learning curve for inexperienced users. I have also experienced my fair share of crashes due to an "unexpected error."

By CyberMetrics on June 27, 2018
Thank you for posting your review of GAGEtrak, Mark, and for speaking so highly of our customer service. Feedback like yours is invaluable in our efforts to continuously improve our software and we are already planning for a future release of GAGEtrak to have more dashboard interactivity. If you ever need assistance, please don't hesitate to contact us at 1-800-777-7020.
Adam G.
Calibration / Quality Inspector
Consumer Goods, 501-1000 employees
May 11, 2018

“Gagetrak has been such a valuable resource for us. The software makes audits a breeze.”

OverallWe use this product daily to keep track of our gages. With this software we can flag when gages are due for calibration, have access to their procedures, and keep records of all our calibration.
ProsFor me, I like the amount of information you can have all at one place. With a few clicks of the keys I can answer any question an auditor may ask. What used to be stressful wondering if I could find what they needed in my filing cabinet has now become a time of ease. I just sit back and strike some keys and all the info is right there.
ConsThat is a more difficult duestion. I have used a couple types of calibration software in the past and to be honest, this has been my favorite. I guess my personal issue has just been trying to learn everything this software offers. I have spent many hours jumping in head first figuring out all the things Gagetrak can do.

By CyberMetrics on August 10, 2018
Thank you so much for posting such a wonderful and detailed review of GAGEtrak, Adam. We are thrilled to know that it has been such a valuable resource for you day to day and in audits! When you're ready to dive into more of the features GAGEtrak has to offer, please let us know if we can be of any assistance.
May 11, 2018

“Very easy to use software”

ProsThe ease of running a report to find calibration due dates by month & Area. Also the ability to save search criteria, for future reports. And the capability to print a professional looking Calibration Certificate, to send to customers.
ConsCannot add external calibration certificates to a file. Also that a record can be altered, and/or amended by anyone that has access to the database, it would be nice if only the person, and/or Supervisor, that entered the original data, would be able to amend the record.

By CyberMetrics on August 13, 2018
Thank you very much for posting your review of GAGEtrak - we're happy to know that it's working well for you! You actually can attach external files to your calibrations - please see the Calibrations ¿ User Defined and Attachments Tab. Just click the [...] button to browse to and select the document. Regarding altering of records only by supervisors, etc., that can be resolved by assigning users to groups and setting group permissions. Detailed instructions for both of these features can be found in the help system or user guide. If you would like further assistance beyond that, please feel free to contact us at any time: 1-800-777-7020. Thank you again for your great review!
Evangeline H.
Electrical technican
May 11, 2018

“Very positive and always effective”

ProsThe technical support is very good. I like the 1/2 seminars on line. I learned a lot from them. When I send in a help ticket on line, the response is quick. I have talked to support on line and they a very helpful in telling me the problem and helping me with the solution. The technical support is very knowledgeable. They also have technical support in early seeing how I am on the east coast and in Eastern standard time.
ConsI had difficulties email reports. I don't know if it is the way we are set up, but I read the manual and still felt that it was something I didn't really understand. Also previous calibration system we used we were able to merge a system file number to the elements that comprised that systems. If we updated the system file number the other elements were updated also.

By CyberMetrics on August 13, 2018
Hello, Evangeline. Thank you for posting your review of GAGEtrak. We're glad to know that you're doing well with it and that you have had good experiences with our technical support team! If you still need help with emailing reports, please contact us at any time. 1-800-777-7020
Thatcher G.
CMM Technician
Automotive, 1001-5000 employees
May 10, 2018

“Overly complicated with no direct way of learning how to use”

OverallIt was able to do more than our previous software by far, but left out some key components that were included in the earlier original versions
ProsVery powerful, seems to have unlimited space, quick to move through software. Overall easy to read, very clear and easy to set up for updates to calibration... (time cycles are easy to manipulate to our needs)
ConsConstantly stopping to ask questions on things I'm doing, or errors. Existing items not easily modified, and unable to delete certain items when spelled incorrectly. Columns unable to be modified to my own specifications. Reports are overly troublesome to utilize (seems that programmers tried to put everything locked in we would need and took away our ability to really customize) the calibration tabs are set up in a strange way and don't automatically update all tabs creating opportunities to have discrepancies in system (don't like the options within options)

By CyberMetrics on May 17, 2018
Thanks for the great feedback Thatcher-We really appreciate your taking the time to let us know about your experience with our product. GAGEtrak does have many great features, with the ability to modify many portions to the application to meet your needs. I see that you may be joining us for training soon, so I am sure we will be able to address many of your concerns in that session.
Cindy C.
Metrology Supervisor / Quality Engineer
Plastics, 201-500 employees

“Easy to use”

OverallLearned what I like vs what is not needed for a calibration system. Do like the FDA version for traceability.
ProsLinked functions for gages and parts. History is shown as well as the option to link related documents.
ConsUpgrade version 7.0 lost functionality in the Gage Usage area. No gage should ever not have a calibration due date assigned to it, as happens when Gage frequency is set to Usage.

By CyberMetrics on May 17, 2018
Hello, Cindy. Thank you for taking the time to review GAGEtrak. We're glad to know that you have found value in the software and have found it helpful for FDA compliance. When using the Usage frequency, the program won¿t create a next due date for calibration, but it will create an estimated due date based on the gage usage, even if you enter a calibration record for the gage. When you issue the gage, GAGEtrak predicts a due date based on the remaining number of usage days. You must use Issue Tracking (Issue/Return) for this to work and as long as you don¿t run out of Uses Left, there will be no Next Due Date until you issue the gage again. For further information on Issue Tracking, please take a look at the help system or user guide or feel free to contact us at any time.
Rob S.
Quality Management and Continuous Improvement
Chemicals, Unspecified
May 10, 2018

“This software seems to meet all basic requirements for managing compliance for gauges.”

OverallAbility to centralize all gauge compliance data, dashboards to actively manage compliance, and some reporting features.
ProsFairly simple to use, and support from Cybermetrics is responsive. Just learned how to upload supporting documents, which will be very useful. Also learned how to change configurations for local customization.
ConsWe're starting to mine historical data, and the existing software doesn't enable detailed reports to show specific variation/range by gauge type. (its basically set up for PASS / FAIL type reports) Having default reports that enable variation analysis could help to identify opportunities for specific gauge/equipment improvements.

By CyberMetrics on August 17, 2018
Hello, Rob. Thank you very much for taking the time to review GAGEtrak - we truly value your input. You are correct that GAGEtrak does not include the type of report you mentioned, but it does include accuracy history charts (to generate, click the Graph button in Gages). We would be more than happy to create a custom report for you, though, to be sure that it meets your needs. Please give us a call any time to discuss. 1-800-777-7020
Dale Y.
QA Technician
Machinery, 201-500 employees
May 19, 2018

“Overall, a good software”

OverallAble to track tools on a calibration schedule and maintain the records.
ProsFairly well organized and functional. From what I can tell, it can be used from just basic tool tracking to full calibration records of individual tools. I wish I could talk my company into some full training on these more 'advanced' features.
ConsStarted using the software at version 6.7, then upgraded to ver7. Some of the changes int he new revision I do not agree with, and really make no sense to me. Also, although it may be related to our DB, the new version still seems to be a bit unstable when switching back from database mode to form view mode. Also, when the quick sort, there should be 1-2 more fields available (at least in my use)

By CyberMetrics on June 26, 2018
Dale, Thank you for posting your review of GAGEtrak. We do offer custom web training which would be a great option to train you on the more advanced features. Please contact me about that. Regarding your issues with switching back and forth between views, please contact our support team at 1-800-777-7020.
May 19, 2018
Pam K.
Sysadmin
Airlines/Aviation, 51-200 employees
August 29, 2019

“Helping Contain the Madness of Gage Maintenance ”

OverallWe were spending 2 full time employee labor tracking down gauges and other measuring equipment. We were able to consolidate job tasks and now it's only a 10 hours a week tacked on to an existing employee that fills other job duties.
ProsWe were previously using a software that was created in 1996 for tracking, inventorying, and calibration scheduling. GAGEtrak not only was able to import in the data from that really old software, it was simple to convert over to the new system with ease.
ConsBacking up the data is a little tricky, but not impossible.

By CyberMetrics on August 30, 2019
Thank you very much for posting such a great review of GAGEtrak, Pam. We're thrilled to know you're doing well with the software and that it's saving you so much time!
August 29, 2019
Brody T.
Quality Technician
Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 10,001+ employees
May 16, 2018

“Very professionally set up software. Makes calibration date keeping easy. ”

OverallKeeps are tools within calibration and helps us achieve IRIS/ISO certification after process audits.
ProsThe prompt look ahead that shows what is coming due in the months to come. Most used function in our company.
ConsThe reporting ability. I wish there was a way to export all data on all gauges to a simple spreadsheet that can be made into a pivot table. This would be good as other departments without the software frequently ask questions about location/availability of a tool and an exportable excel sheet that can be put into a shared folder for all functions to see would be a benefit. This would also give us capabilities to produce KPI's.

By CyberMetrics on July 9, 2018
Thank you for reviewing GAGEtrak, Brody. We're happy to know that it's working well for you. You can export gage data to a spreadsheet ("output to Excel" capability). Please consult the help system in the software or access user guides in PDF format here: https://gagetrak.com/support/ If you ever need assistance, please don't hesitate to contact us at 1-800-777-7020.
Ed H.
Environmental Services, 10,001+ employees
May 14, 2018

“Technical Support is great!”

OverallI have been using Gagetrak daily for ten years and have had several version across those years. Over ten years ago I inherited multiple databases for multiple work groups. Each database was unorganized and cumbersome. Over time Gagetrak has allowed me to create one database for those multiple work groups. Gagetrak has made it far easier to create a better organized database which has made it easier for me to manage that work on a daily basis.
ProsHow customizable it is (Naming of fields in different tabs, ability to customize reports and labels, etc)
ConsDropdown list management was a great addition with version 7, however there are some fields that do not have a dropdown option.

By CyberMetrics on July 9, 2018
Thank you so much, Ed, for posting such a wonderful and detailed review of GAGEtrak. We are thrilled to know how much it has helped you and that you have had such great experiences with our technical support team. If you would like to give us details about what fields you would like to see with drop-down lists that don't already have them, please drop us a line about it here: https://gagetrak.com/feature-suggestion/
Linda B.
Sr Calibration Tech
May 16, 2018

“GAGEtrak has really has made many tasks quicker and made time management easier ”

ProsEasy to use and teach new users. Auditors never question the calibration system. Most are seen or used it before and have confidence in the program. If they have not a quick run though is all it takes before they are impressed.
ConsThe drop down list being self building. With multiple users, they often put in multiple names for the same thing. I the admin could lock the drop down lists making they the only on able to add to them. This would save me a lot of time correcting typos and just bad information.

By CyberMetrics on July 9, 2018
Thank you very much for posting your review of GAGEtrak, Linda. We're glad to know it's working well for you! You can actually lock drop-down lists. Please see the Drop-down List Management section (within Settings) of the user guide or help system. In the PDF user guide, it begins on page 244: https://gagetrak.com/wp-content/uploads/GAGEtrak_7.0.5_User_Guide.pdf If you ever need assistance, please don't hesitate to contact us at 1-800-777-7020.
Michael K.
calibration technician
May 15, 2018

“I have Approx. 1200 gages due every year. it is great for managing what I have. ”

Overallorganizing the gages and equipment that I have . and running reports from month to month,
Proseasy to use when calibrations are needed. I also use this for inventory. keeping track of equipment that is not being calibrated every year. but I would like to know if it is still in the plant.
ConsI feel there should be already programed in set points you want a 0-1" micrometer then there should be drop box with the test points already in there. I know I am not the only one with micrometers or calipers or indicators. it should already be there .

By CyberMetrics on July 9, 2018
Thank you for taking the time to review GAGEtrak, Michael. We value your feedback and we will continue to improve our products through user experiences. If you ever need assistance, please don't hesitate to contact us at 1-800-777-7020. If you would like to give more detail about default information you would like to see in the program, please tell us about it here: https://gagetrak.com/feature-suggestion/
David S.
Sr. Calibration Technician
Medical Devices, 201-500 employees
May 21, 2018

“I have been using GAGEtrak for 6 years now and at a previous location and a previous company”

OverallThe ability to sort through a variety of different ways helps me to find items that were labeled incorrectly in the past. This allows me to clean up my database and not loose past records.
ProsI like the fact that I can set it up with 21 CFR part 11 compliance or not. I also appreciate the validation package we used to get the system up and running without much trouble. the support I get from Cybermetrics has been excellent.
Consthere are times that the program stops working when I am changing between different areas such as using searches then going back to the main screen everything will stop and I have to reboot the program. I don't seem to loose information but it is annoying.

By CyberMetrics on June 26, 2018
Thank you for sharing your review of GAGEtrak, David and we're glad you've been pleased with it for so many years. Please reach out to our technical support team regarding having to restart the program: 1-800-777-7020.
Mary K.
Test Tech
Mechanical or Industrial Engineering, 11-50 employees
May 17, 2018

“Customer support and training is exceptional. very thorough. Took us from struggling to succeeding. ”

OverallWe got our calibration tracking off paper and into a database, improving accuracy and providing a usable history. Improved our reporting and availability of calibrated items.
ProsIt is a thoroughly, thought out database, that covers about anything that might come up with calibrated inventory. There are lots of customizable fields. Once training is complete it's easy to use and pretty robust. GageTrak covers the essential pieces needed for managing calibrated items.
ConsUsers can login but that doesn't control their interface, meaning each user has to reset their fields after someone else uses the computer. Very frustrating. Reporting is tremedously slow. Very difficult to get customized reports to behave correctly. Software in general is slow and prone to locking up if you get in to much of a hurry. These may be solved once they go to .net format.

By CyberMetrics on June 28, 2018
Thank you for taking the time to review GAGEtrak, Mary - we greatly appreciate your feedback. For assistance with the issues you're experiencing, please don't hesitate to contact us at 1-800-777-7020.
Jerry R.
QA/QC Supervisor
Oil & Energy, 10,001+ employees

“Meets all my needs”

OverallIt is a tool that allows us to track the calibration status and location of the inspection gages not only within QC but also within the plant. The structured reports are adequate for our needs.
ProsThe software accurately records the gage management metrics and provides easy reporting and functionality for our 300+ gage inventory.
ConsIn a corporate setting, it must run on a remote server, and responses are delayed by a few seconds. This situation did not exist when it was on a server at the same physical site. This is not the software's fault, but that of the environment. I have had some difficulty loading values into a spreadsheet to re-import. Not all fields can be updated in this method, apparently.

By CyberMetrics on July 9, 2018
Thank you for posting such a great review of GAGEtrak, Jerry! We're happy to know that it's working well for you and if you ever need assistance with data re-import, please don't hesitate to contact us at 1-800-777-7020.
Eric P.
IT Manager
Mechanical or Industrial Engineering, 10,001+ employees
July 17, 2019

“GAGEtrak - Very capable calibration software ”

ProsGAGEtrak is very easy to use once you understand how it works. It's very easy to enter information and perform calibration. It reduces the amount of paper we use because of the ease with which scanned documents can be added. It's nice that there's a well thought out training process and great support team to help with installation and operating the software. It's also very vast and highly customizable to meet different needs.
ConsThis software is complex and not easy to use unless you have the proper training done. Luckily, there's a great training program and also very knowledgeable support staff to help out with issues.

By CyberMetrics on July 22, 2019
Thank you for posting such a great and thorough review of GAGEtrak, our training services and our support staff! We are thrilled that you are doing so well with our software.
July 17, 2019
Jennifer M.
Gage Tech
May 11, 2018

“It truly helps keep track of calibrations.”

OverallIt truly keeps me on Trak!
ProsI like how I can keep all my calibrations in order and me on top of when things are due. It is super easy to add a new item. I can link files to certain items, which then makes it easy to find when we would need to access them. I like how I can print my calibration sticker out, eliminates human error. Thank you!
ConsThere are so many different options that I know it is not all being utilized. I hope to learn more and use more of these options as we learn them. There is not much that I would say I like least, but maybe just need to learn more about it.

By CyberMetrics on August 10, 2018
Hello, Jennifer. Thank you very much for taking the time to review GAGEtrak. We are so happy to know that it's working well for you! When you're ready to explore the features that you haven't used yet, please contact us if you need any assistance. 1-800-777-7020
Melissa G.
Plastics, 1001-5000 employees
May 11, 2018

“It seems the program has good features; but no one here that was trained knows how to use them.”

Overallhelps us maintain calibration and be ISO certified.
ProsI think the information is organized well and easy to read. I like the reminders. it seems to have a lot of features-but we are not using it the way we should
ConsI don't think there is a good "self-starter" guide and I can't seem to find any online tutorials. - could just be me though

By CyberMetrics on August 13, 2018
Thank you very much for posting your review of GAGEtrak, Melissa. Please note that there is a comprehensive help system available from within the software which gives explanations of all of the software's features and functionality along with corresponding examples. There is also a Getting Started Guide accessible from your install media or on our website here: https://gagetrak.com/support/ If you need further instruction beyond the help system and getting started guide, please call us to talk about our various training options: 1-800-777-7020. Thank you again for reviewing GAGEtrak!
Machinery, 1001-5000 employees
May 10, 2018

“Great software, saves time!”

OverallTime saver, great organizing, and scheduling.
ProsI like the software to monitor our gage calibrations, and like the cloning feature so that adding new gages only takes a couple minutes. I also like the different reports, and the export feature.
ConsThe inability to edit the dropdown lists are a constant nuisance. The upgrade cost is excessive. I also would like to see more automation.

By CyberMetrics on May 17, 2018
Thank you for posting your review of GAGEtrak - we're so glad it's such a time-saver for you! Please take a look at the help system or user guide in the Drop-down Lists section of the Program Conventions chapter OR in Setup ¿ Drop-down List Management (the section titles differ based on the version of GAGEtrak you have). If you are already familiar with this, It's possible that your user permissions disallow these types of changes. Please feel free to contact us at any time for further assistance. We're always here to help!
Brittney M.
Quality Assurance
Machinery, 11-50 employees
May 10, 2018

“I use it daily and it works great. ”

OverallIt is a great place to keep lots of records. I use it for shop calibration. It gets used daily and helps when I need to locate something in our shop or when I need to look and see if we ever had a certain gage.
ProsThere are lots of features and so much that I can do with the software. I have been using it was 3 years and still do not use everything that is available to me.
ConsI wish there was an easier way to make changes, Like a copy and paste feature. (More like Excel) When I need to add the same information to multiple items/ lines it take way to long to type the same information.

By CyberMetrics on August 22, 2018
Thank you for the great GAGEtrak review, Brittney! We're thrilled to know that you're doing so well with the software. GAGEtrak does support copy/paste, so if you're having an issue with that, please call us at 1-800-777-7020. And when you're ready to dive into all of the other features that you don't yet use, we're here to help!
Nancy S.
Quality Coordinator
Medical Devices, 51-200 employees
May 10, 2018

“I use GageTrak every day and I find it's a very convenient way to track all my gauges.”

OverallAbility to store, maintain, track calibration on all my equipment and gauges. Quickly obtain history, calibration due dates, calibration providers, etc.
ProsEase of use. Gauges are easy to find, update, clone. Calibration records are quick and easy to enter and print new calibration labels, as well auto schedule next due calibration.
ConsReporting capabilities. I find creating reports to be difficult. Exporting calibration data and gauge listings is not as simple as I would expect. Ability to clone a standard group, rename it, and modify it would be very helpful.

By CyberMetrics on August 23, 2018
Hello, Nancy. Thank you very much for posting your GAGEtrak review - we're glad to know you're doing so well with it! Because of the notes you included about reporting, I think you would benefit from our free webinar called Sorting and Reporting Strategies (which should be coming up in November or December) and also the web training session that covers custom reports and labels (there is currently a September session scheduled). Please contact us any time for details: 1-800-777-7020. Thanks again for your review!
1001-5000 employees
May 17, 2018

“Good piece of software with lots of functionality. However, I wish it's more customizable”

Overall1). More visibility on calibration interval period 2). Ability to modify at any given time calibration status of any given gage 3). Good technical support after purchasing the agreement.
ProsThe ability to run report based on custom criteria. In any given day, an auditor may come and audit us for gages, where we need to quickly identify gage based on possibly serial number, model number, owner, calibration date, recalibration due date, cost to calibrate, R&R, etc.
ConsData entry on comment section. Line break must be made with multiple keystrokes. I also least like the way calibration history is entered. Too many fields, and awkward way to freeze information.

By CyberMetrics on June 27, 2018
Thank you for taking the time to post your review of GAGEtrak - we truly value your input! If you ever need assistance, please don't hesitate to contact us at 1-800-777-7020.
Paul v.
Calibration Technician
May 15, 2018

“Pretty good put together. ”

OverallI do not get any benefits from program. "It does what is says on the tin". During audits it is easy to show the functionality to auditors.
Proshave nothing so say what i like the most. it all works what is need for my ISO regulations. will start using using the msa module later in the year.
ConsThe draw backs experienced are : it takes a long time at start up to get the modules working. Entering values in the cal module, it takes some long seconds before field is active. When program is loaded and you have to log off the PC, when logging back on and start using the s/w, some functionality is gone. ( No buttons/exit on Gage Entry Filter is one of them ) restart is necessary.

By CyberMetrics on July 9, 2018
Thank you for reviewing GAGEtrak, Paul! We're happy to know that it's working well for you and if you ever need assistance, please don't hesitate to contact us at 1-800-777-7020.
Christopher K.
Test Engineer
Aviation & Aerospace, 11-50 employees
May 11, 2018

“I have used GAGEtrak for years and find it to be excellent for my needs.”

OverallIt is a professional application which is excellent for tracking and scheduling the calibration recall of our instruments.
ProsGAGEtrak offers a comprehensive solution for our calibration recall needs. It has proven to be invaluable for tracking and scheduling the calibration of our instruments.
ConsThe need to purchase a support agreement for support past the initial period. The software is quite stable and, once set up, problem free. The cost for the support agreements is excessive. Support and minor updates should be included with the purchase of the software. Users should only have to pay for major updates to the software.

By CyberMetrics on August 10, 2018
Thank you very much for posting your review of GAGEtrak, Christopher. We greatly value your input and are so pleased that you have found it to be an invaluable tool.
Cindy S.
Calibration technician
Medical Devices, 51-200 employees
May 10, 2018

“Have used Gagetrak for more than 10 years.”

OverallReliability but only one "User defined" field
ProsVery comprehensive and reliable. I like the "Clone gage" function and the Daily reports. I often copy and paste the "Data Sheet View" to do a weekly inventory of all gages.
ConsCannot copy/paste more than one item at a time? I'm changing "Standards" to be more uniform among gages but having to go through one by one. I don't really understand all of the functions (I was not the original installer). Not enough customer support.

By CyberMetrics on May 17, 2018
Thank you very much for posting your review of GAGEtrak, Cindy. We're glad to hear about all of your favorite features and that you've been using GAGEtrak for so many years! Regarding the issue you're having creating uniformity in your gage records, please contact me so I can help you get this resolved. It might be as simple as a quick web training session. 1-800-777-7020
Kevin B.
May 10, 2018

“As Edelbrock's head calibration tech, I have used this software daily for the past 11 years.”

OverallMy calibration process has been audited every year for the past 11 years, and Gagetrak has never let me down!
ProsWith over 2700 active gages, Gagetrak has helped me manage or organize my workload each and every month for the past 11 years. I would be lost without this software! I love how user friendly it is. When I first started my job here at Edelbrock, I was able to learn this software and pass a critical outside audit in my first two weeks of employment.
ConsWhat do I like least about this software?Well, actually to be very honest, there is not anything that I do not like about it. It has never failed me in the past 11 years of using it.

By CyberMetrics on May 16, 2018
Kevin, It's experiences like yours that make us so proud to do what we do. Thank you very much for taking the time to share your opinion of GAGEtrak.
Manuel B.
APQP Coordinator
May 10, 2018

“Not bad it is easy to use makes my day better.”

OverallCalibrations job are easier to do
ProsIt is easy to use and the variety of things it has to make your everyday task much easier. Like the way that it provides you a detail report.
ConsI cannot take it to different buildings. I also do not like the fact that it only works with certain printers.

By CyberMetrics on August 14, 2018
Hello, Manuel. Thank you very much for posting your review of GAGEtrak. We're glad to know it's making your job easier! Please note that you can always install GAGEtrak on a laptop in order to take it with you to different buildings. Regarding printing, if you are referring to label printing, you are correct that in order to modify labels, you need to use a Brother PT printer. However, if you are referring to printing reports, you can use any printer for that. If you ever need assistance, please contact us any time at 1-800-777-7020 and thank you again for reviewing GAGEtrak.
John S.
Quality Tech
May 10, 2018

“Works well for us. Can be easy to delete items if were not careful”

OverallKeeps us on track and is gives a ongoing record of our peoples performances
ProsThe ability to keep and retrieve on going records plus search for items. Our job requires differnt frequencies of calibration to be done and then monthly pull up the jobs. It keeps us organized and shows us what needs to be done and when.
ConsSometimes it can run slow or crash. Other times we struggle with 2 people being on the same program which also bogs us down (might be more internal). As shared above it's easy to write over something and click enter by mistake and lose our data.

By CyberMetrics on August 17, 2018
Hello, John. Thank you for taking the time to review GAGEtrak. We're glad to know it's working well for you and keeping your team organized! If we can ever be of assistance, please don't hesitate to contact us. 1-800-777-7020
Ezra E.
Quality Engineer
May 10, 2018

“GAGEtrak has always been a great product to use, always good to see new updates.”

ProsEasy to work with, our less computer savvy employees are able to start using within a couple hours of training and can manage the system with ease. After going to training and learning so much more than I had picked up on my own, we were able to implement and use so many of the cool features to make our calibration process that much easier.
ConsInitially we had the FDA version even though we are a automotive facility, and it was really, really slow, but once we got changed over to the regular version we haven't had any issues. Cannot think of anything that we don't like about GAGEtrak.

By CyberMetrics on August 20, 2018
Hello, Ezra. Thank you so much for posting such a wonderful and thorough review of GAGEtrak. We truly value your input and are thrilled to know you're doing so well with the software!
Cate L.
Quality Assurance Administrator
May 10, 2018

“At first, frustrating. Now, after we re-routed some programs with internal IT, working a lot better.”

ProsThe Dashboard. It allows me to see right away, what is coming due, currently due and past due. That way, when I launch the software, if I have forgotten about a specific gage, it's right there to remind me.
ConsNot being able to just "type something in." Meaning, if it isn't in the Dropdown Manager, sometimes it won't let me add it. Also, it would be better if the Dashboard was a bit more customizable to where I could add columns to it so I knew if it was an Internal Cal or and External. With the Supplier Profiles, there isn't a way to directly upload their Accreditation Certs. I have to create a "gage" named as the customer and upload it there. Very inconvenient.

By CyberMetrics on August 22, 2018
Hello, Cate. Thank you for posting your GAGEtrak review - we truly appreciate your feedback! There are two types of drop-down lists in GAGEtrak: self-building lists and value lists. A self-building list allows you to manually enter a new value which is automatically added to the list for future selection. The second type is a value list which contains data that is entered only via the main data entry point. For example, within Gages, the Supplier Code drop-down list is a value list. You cannot enter new data in this field because there would be no supplier record associated with it. Instead, you must navigate to Suppliers from the main menu and enter a new supplier record. The new Supplier Code will now be available in the Supplier Code drop-down list within Gages. This information along with instructions for drop-down list management is in the GAGEtrak help system. If you ever need assistance, please contact us at any time. 1-800-777-7020
Bryan E.
May 22, 2019

“Very easy to keep track of tens of thousands of gages”

ProsThe program lets you keep track of so many gages and lets you keep a lot of information about them right at your finger tips. Also the ability to not only search for things by just about any criteria but also to make your own reports and customize them at will makes this easy to keep track of any and all gages
ConsSome of the options make you make blanket changes when it would be nice to be able to change something for an individual record and not every single one

By CyberMetrics on May 23, 2019
Thank you for posting such a great review of GAGEtrak, Bryan. We truly value your input! If you would like to give us details about individual record changes versus blanket changes, we'd love to hear your thoughts. You can submit your suggestions here: https://gagetrak.com/feature-suggestion/
May 22, 2019
Danielle J.
Automotive, 11-50 employees
May 11, 2018

“Gage trak has always been extremely reliable and versatile. Auditors are always pleased with it.”

ProsThe dashboard display, ease of use. Also the software is very visual and easily read by all. Auditors appreciate we use Gage Trak and do not have concerns with our calibration management when they learn we have Gage Trak. Ability to contain so much information is a plus. Also, we have several in house trained on this software and have found it is easy to understand basic calibration entry.
ConsKeeping up with all of the upgrades. Training fills up very quickly making it difficult to find seats.

By CyberMetrics on August 10, 2018
Thank you very much for posting your review of GAGEtrak, Danielle. We're thrilled to know that it works so well for you in audits. Please always feel free to contact our training specialist to get first dibs on any future training classes! 1-800-777-7020 ext. 134
Srinivasan R.
Manager, Material and Quality
Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 5001-10,000 employees
May 11, 2018

“Easy to use and update calibration data”

OverallTracking calibrated Equipment and instruments. Location of the Calibrated equipment. Tracking calibration details. E-mail notification for the recall of the Equipment and instruments.
ProsSince this Access based easy to track calibration date , calibrated by and track any gages not calibrated
ConsNothing to specify particularly. Setting up e-mail notification too hard with this. Need information for easy set up for E-mail notification to other departments to submit Gages back to Quality.

By CyberMetrics on August 13, 2018
Thank you for taking the time to review GAGEtrak, Srinivasan. We're glad to know you're doing well with it. If you need some instruction about setting up email notifications, please take a look at the help system, accessible from within the software. If you need help beyond that, please contact us at any time. 1-800-777-7020
Greg B.
Medical Devices, 1001-5000 employees
May 10, 2018

“A massive program that you can make as small as you want.”

OverallEditing.
ProsIt's very good for tracking gages. Ease of sending info to out-sources, showing history, formulas.
ConsUnable to take the system out on the floor and print off Stickers. Would like to see more instruction on how to use report builder and or label builder. The class I attended the instructor wanted to leave early so that part of the class was not covered. User manual is terrible.

By CyberMetrics on August 21, 2018
Hello, Greg. Thank you very much for posting your GAGEtrak review. We apologize for the training experience you had and we'll be in touch with you shortly to discuss a custom reporting web training that will make up for that. We are interested in your thoughts about the user guide. If you would like to share details, please do so here on our website: https://gagetrak.com/feature-suggestion/ or call us at any time. 1-800-777-7020
Ken F.
Senior Quality Tech.
May 10, 2018

“Perfect software for our smallish sized company.”

Pros GAGEtrak Soft ware is extremely easy to master and navigate around in. It has amazing report building capabilities that make my job so easy. The support has always been first class as well!
ConsI still can't upload my certs, but its more of an operator issue than a software one. I cannot think of anything I would change, it suits our company perfectly.

By CyberMetrics on August 20, 2018
Hello, Ken. Thank you for taking the time to review GAGEtrak. We're glad to know you're doing well with it and that you have had a positive experience with our support team. If you haven't yet looked at the help system regarding attachments, please take a look at the Calibrations ¿ User Defined and Attachments Tab section for instruction. If you need assistance beyond that, we're here to help - feel free to contact us any time: 1-800-777-7020
Keith B.
manager of Faclitites and Metrologist
Pharmaceuticals, 51-200 employees
May 21, 2018

“extremely user friendly and easy to navigate, seem less to set up database ”

OverallI am able to keep track of all my gages that require calibration, along with due dates. the "pie chart" dash board is a great resource fro a quick glance of what is due are coming due
Proscloning- just clone a gage and add new ID name, change a few other sections and off your go. Setting up standards is a really easy feature also. Just add your lab standard and it will be printed on you cert. Over all I would recommend this program to any metrology lab.
ConsI have not really found anything I don't like. once you get used to the software and how it operates, its like anything, you adjust. I have not had an major issues or failures.

By CyberMetrics on June 26, 2018
Thank you very much for posting your review of GAGEtrak, Keith. We're thrilled that it is working so well for you!
Bryan E.
calibration tech
May 17, 2018

“Easy program to use once you learn what it is and isn't capable of”

Overallorganization is a huge thing this program has going for it
Proseasy program to keep track of gages. lists that can be generated are very helpful for sending out to line leaders so I don't have to send out one large list to everyone
ConsI'm going off of 6.8 since that is was I am using but I wish it was easier to move between records and I wish there was a way to add multiple standards to a calibration item. kind of clunky interface and not being able to search without either having exactly what you are looking for or bringing up a large list of things.

By CyberMetrics on June 27, 2018
Thank you for taking the time to review GAGEtrak, Bryan. It sounds like an upgrade to version 7 will be a huge benefit to you. Please contact us at any time for information. 1-800-777-7020
Max S.
Metrologists
Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 1001-5000 employees
May 10, 2018

“Been using it for 12+ years. Once you learn its very user friendly. Even with the new versions it ”

OverallEasy access
ProsVery easy once you learn how to use. the easy access to each gage makes it a breeze to fet around and make changes or enter info on specific gages.
ConsNot too much. The cons I have are really limited. If there is a con to me I can just avoid it. The only thing I do not like in the 7.0 version is you cannot copy and paste like in 6.8. Sometimes I have reoccurring items and with 6.8 it was easy just to copy and paste. That is a little aggravating.

By CyberMetrics on May 17, 2018
Hello, Max. Thank you for posting your review of GAGEtrak. We're thrilled that you've had success with it for so many years. Please feel free to contact our tech support team at any time to resolve your copy/paste issue - they will be happy to help! 1-800-777-7020
Cathy C.
Calibration QA Auditor
May 18, 2018

“Gauge Trak is a very solid software, the 4th Edition MSA built in for Attribute Gauges is good”

OverallWe struggled with MSA 4th Edition Attribute Gauge R & R's and the Gagetrak software helped us input a report that was well received by our Auditors.
ProsSoftware works well for all our current needs. It is easy to work through the windows, print off required reports, and the dashboard feature we now have on 7.0 is a new feature to us that works well.
ConsThe 7.0 seems a little slower, it tends to do allot of saving, at each step. I have some issues with deleting some records at times, which can be frustrating.

By CyberMetrics on June 26, 2018
Thank you very much for posting your review of GAGEtrak, Cathy; your feedback is truly appreciated! Regarding the issue you sometimes experience when deleting records, please contact our tech support team for assistance. 1-800-777-7020
May 18, 2018
Mark K.
Metrology
Aviation & Aerospace, 501-1000 employees
May 17, 2018

“GAGEtrak has been a blessing for AS91900 compliance. ”

OverallOther than ease of compliance I cant think of any.
ProsOnce you get used to it its really easy to use. Probably the nicest feature is the ability to clone gages which makes new gage entry so much easier.
ConsThe Gage Kitting feature is a nightmare. Once you put a gage in a kit and issue it is impossible to delete the kit and remove the gage. I have resorted to manually changing the gage location after numerous attempts to delete the kit record and inadvertently deleted the gage record.

By CyberMetrics on June 27, 2018
Hello, Mark. Thank you very much for posting your review of GAGEtrak. We're happy to know that GAGEtrak has been such an asset with your compliance requirements. Please contact us at any time for assistance with the kitting feature. 1-800-777-7020
Kimberly P.
Master Calibration Tech
May 14, 2018

“Extremely difficult startup without on-site IT support. Continues to glitch.”

ProsWhen it works, the Request process which checks out gages upon submitting it and returns them upon closure. The Report features with the multiple sorts.
ConsLooses information, does not have a specific size field allowing for sorting by size, calibration measurements have a page per measurement - adding time consumption to the calibration process, does not allow for weeks, months, years to be used when you need to have the calibration time begin count down only after issuing the gage - making your date stamps/calibration stickers will not match what is in the system - ex: length masters are on a 6 month recall - if you issue on 1/1/18 it will be due 7/1/18 and that is what you would write/stamp on the label, in GAGEtrak - you may only use DaysAfterIssue - using an avg. of 30 days per month x 6 months =180 DaysAfterIssue. 7/1 is the 182nd day - so your stamp will be 2 days off from GAGEtrak. System is extremely slow, freezes up often, requiring many "Repairs" daily. Loses the security settings, request settings, etc. Requires local IT to be heavily involved instead of having a basic "plug & play" where our department could get things accomplished without waiting for days to months for a repair or research of a problem.

By CyberMetrics on May 24, 2018
Kimberly, I am sorry to hear of your issues-I see that our support team has been working with you and has been responsive--we will continue to assist you. Regarding the usage frequencies, please be sure to check (and remove) any skip days that do not apply to your organization's calibration policy, or set the skip to default "Back" instead of forward when a skip is applied; 7/1/2018 falls on a Sunday and this is a common skip day. Please also note: we do not use an average of 30 days over a frequency period, we will calculate due dates by the system calendar (including leap years, etc.)
Telecommunications, 1001-5000 employees
May 11, 2018

“not a direct user but have seen no nonconformances”

OverallNot having to think or worry about the calibration system. It seems to be self supporting and helps the calibrator stay independent
ProsI like that it keeps up with frequencies and can integrate with printers easily for printing labels. It helps eliminate nonconformances
ConsI wish it had an escalation feature to notify me if things were getting out of hand. They haven't yet but could be a great fail safe.

By CyberMetrics on August 13, 2018
Thank you very much for posting your review of GAGEtrak. We're glad to know that your company is doing well with it! Depending on the subject matter of the notifications you mentioned, you might want to look into having GAGEtrak send you automatic emails (overdue gages, etc.) If you'd like information about this, please contact us at any time. 1-800-777-7020
Tong V.
Quality Engineer
May 10, 2018

“Has good customer support and is easy to use.”

OverallCentralized tracking of all measurement tools in one program. History of measurement tool life and cost.
ProsStraight forward to use and has extra features such as GRR built in. Customization what my preferences are easy to implement. The Dashboard is one of the best features as it display all due and past due tools.
ConsIts does not link attachments from the calibration Tab to the Gages tab (Like when a new cert of calibration is available to replace the old on). Some of the entities cannot be delete from the Dropdown List Management section and I am not sure where to delete them.

By CyberMetrics on August 20, 2018
Hello, Tong. Thank you very much for your GAGEtrak review. We're glad to know you're doing well with it and that you've had positive experiences with our support team. Regarding drop-down lists, please see pages 28-29 (regarding types of drop-down lists) and pages 244-245 (list management) of the user guide: https://gagetrak.com/wp-content/uploads/GAGEtrak_7.0.5_User_Guide.pdf The same instruction is available in the help system that is accessible from within the software. If you need assistance beyond this, please contact us at any time: 1-800-777-7020