ChampionsWay Ratings

Overall
3.9/5
3.9/5
4.1/5

About ChampionsWay

Manage and grow your dojo with the martial arts industry's most complete all-in-one solution that covers everything from billing automation, email marketing, belt and rank management, integrated website, student tracking, POS and more. ChampionsWay has helped over 5,000 martial arts schools grow and simplify their business with a powerful, yet user-friendly cloud-based solution. Get started today with a free 14-day trial. Learn more about ChampionsWay

Dan M.
President/Chief Instructor
Sports, Self-employed
May 24, 2017

“Would be lost without it”

OverallTotal automation of marketing and student management
ProsIt's like having a valued employee working on your school 24-7 for a fraction of the cost. I couldn't pay one person enough to do what this software does for me and my martial arts school.
ConsIt doesn't teach my classes for me! Other than that it's a no brainer. From software support to student retention, the Perfect Mind software platform has it all.
Kelly C.
May 31, 2017

“Above the rest in customer support. Unlimited flexibility in reporting. Excellent software!”

OverallReduced time in managing testing/rank/promotion. Auto billing customers is easy.
ProsOur primary reason for converting to PerfectMind/Champions way was because of the promotion/testing management. We have over 300 students so promotion management was cumbersome until now. There is also an endless variety of reports that may be generated/customized. We were delightfully surprised at the ease of automated student payments coupled with still allowing families to self pay in house (opt out of auto billing). Events management is a delight! Rosters are accurate and easy to track who has paid for what!
ConsCannot process multiple transactions in one payment submission (tuition plus equipment and/or event, for example) causing multiple smaller submissions thru processor cause us to pay three credit card transaction fees instead of one. Generating school-wide statements is not possible. Customers requiring statements must have them sent individually.
Mostafa S.
Gym owner
May 25, 2017

“We really enjoy to work with PM, it's very easy and essential, great customer support ”

ProsEasy to use , very reliable,and great customer support anytime we have problems it's very convenient , it's accessible from all devices.
ConsIt's hard to send an image to all the contact email,working with direct email is hard !i like to have an access to printing individual invoice too.
May 25, 2017
Jenn K.
Program Director
May 31, 2017

“Customer service is very helpful with explaining the products and trouble shooting”

ProsOrganizational features, customer service and all the customizable options that Perfectmind staff can help you create
ConsWhat I like least is there are many different "views" that I find useless, also you can only put 1 email into each students profile.
Carlos F.
Sports, Self-employed
May 24, 2017

“Really happy to found this software ”

OverallNeed see who is paying regularly who is attending my class
ProsOrganized my student and making sure you get fall on payment , who is miss classes's who is coming to.
ConsIs really easy to seat account just hard for including family need termination the account and open new account
Rich G.
Owner / President
January 31, 2015

“$500 a month to over $17,000 a month in less than 5 years. Championsway made this possible.”

OverallChampionsway and their Perfectmind software (along with the wonderful support staff) makes it possible for anyone to achieve amazing results. You can count on the software to handle everything on the business side; billing direct, automated emails, lead nurturing & student nurturing, fully customized website, lead forms & landing pages, attendance tracking, campaign results, and financial reports, and much more. - This allows you to focus on the one thing that really matters - Teaching great classes, without worrying about the business side. I'm not going to lie to you, you still have to work hard to receive great results, but it's very reassuring to know that you have a company & software that will work just as hard for you. As my business grows, Championsway continues to be 3 steps ahead. I'll admit when I first started back in 2009 I experienced some lengthy wait times with customer support, but as they've continued to improve their software, they've also greatly improved their customer support with extended support hours, including weekends, and the response time is generally less than a minute. I truly can't say enough about how Championsway has helped me grow my business, by handling everything (and more) on the business side. In order to be successful, you MUST surround yourself with successful, knowledgeable people. Championsway provides this, along with a caring family atmosphere that really makes you feel welcome. To your success!
January 31, 2015
Maura F.
Co-Owner
May 18, 2017

“A very useful and necessary tool to manage our memberships”

ProsUser-friendly. Web base so we can use it anywhere and in any device. So far it has all features we need to control our membership
ConsI wish we could delete some of the standard documents or emails (ie.: membership agreement) Attendance without a membership card is not very friendly and quick to use.
Tobias S.
May 18, 2017

“Consistently impressed with what the CRM can do and the support given by PM in my times of need.”

OverallOrganizing a student base of close to 200. Without this CRM, I don't I would have been able to continue the growth that we are experiencing.
ProsFlexibility of application in real time of the CRM for my needs managing the International Headquarters for the art I represent. The ability to communicate with support, suggest ideas and see them applied is second to none. All my franchises moving forward will build their business thru this product.
Peggy M.
Director, Head Instructor
Health, Wellness and Fitness, 1-10 employees
May 24, 2017

“Great support team. Always available when needed. Quick response.”

Overall a feature in the program that would sort & group last names and family members together in the contact list to manage their memberships etc. much easier and faster
ProsThe auto billing feature saves me a lot of time and I no longer have to keep track of Exell spreadsheets.
Moneca S.
admin assistant
May 26, 2017

“A little tricky to learn how to use but luckily there is great customer service support. ”

ProsWe have had issues in the past trying to figure out the software and what it can and cant do, luckily they have great customer service to help and walk us through on what it can and cant do.
ConsDoesn't have all the features we need, especially aspects to some reports for filtering. Each school is so unique so more filtering options would help.
May 26, 2017
Darren D.
Owner/Sensei
April 18, 2015

“Improving with time...”

OverallFor me, the opening training was almost pointless. I need to be doing more and listening less. I feel like I would rather have been forced to do homework before my opening tutorial sessions than watching someone explain to me how to do things without ME interacting with the system. The system has a steep learning curve. I'd imagine I'm utilizing about 50% of the system's potential after 7.5 months of use. The Pros: The look The automation The possibilities All of the above make me feel a little more comfortable running my dojo solo. The Cons: The complexity The non-so-intuitive layout All of the above makes me feel like I'm paying for some things I may never need/use, but if it was really simple to explore and get good at, I'd use them more and be even more energized about using this product. Overall, I think the system would probably take me a few hours a day for the next month to really digest all of the possibilities. Instead, I'm lucky enough to have an hour a week for a one-on-one session with Haley Stich that doesn't get pinched to 45 minutes with my busy schedule.
April 18, 2015
Thomas W.
instructor
October 18, 2017

“Use this software to manage a martial arts school”

ProsCustomer service was friendly, they weren't helpful, but they were definitely friendly. Software had the capability of taking attendance with the use of a scanner.
ConsI really didn't like this software at all. For my "real" job I provide technical support for multiple research projects. That being said, this software was one of the least user friendly products I've ever seen. It had weird date formats, features were buried under multiple layers that were not intuitive to find. We got lured away from another software to use this and we regretted every minute we used this product. Our previous software company offered to give us free service until we were out of the contract with this company.
October 18, 2017
Bill O.
November 28, 2014

“Most powerful management package on the market!”

OverallI've been with Championsway for six years or so and have seen the company's product evolve from a simple database management program to fully integrated management software, website, and marketing services. I've been approached several times over the last few years by among others, MindBody and Rainmaker. I've found many offer similar services at a lower price, but none have the degree of integration and technical support that I've found with Championsway and its companion programs, PerfectMind and Mr. Marketer. The major drawback is that it has more power than a new school can be expected to harness. Even now, ten years into running my school, I'm still not using all of the power of the Championsway product. But, it's better to have room to grow than to be limited by less powerful systems. Bottom line: if you can afford it and have the time to maximize it's functions, this is the most powerful management package on the market.
November 28, 2014
Craig S.
Hauptmann
April 7, 2014

“Not all it's cracked up to be”

OverallI signed up for Champion's way after being assured that my very specific scheduling and payment needs could be managed by the software. After a lot of wasted time, effort, and money, I realized that it does not. I was also told that set up would be easy and that Champion's way would do a lot of the work. After a few "training sessions" intended to guide me through the process, I realized it was going to be more work to set up than I could manage in a short time. Meanwhile, I am paying for the software and I can't use it. It is clear to me now that this software is built based on very limited expectations of use and is not as flexible as advertised. The supposed free trial turned out to be a week with such limited access that I couldn't even assess the features fully. Everyone from Champion's way was friendly, helpful and patient, but they never really looked at my business or my needs, despite having made that a point of signing up
April 7, 2014
Ken G.
November 25, 2017

“After a few months it was clear, this was a big mistake”

ProsIt offers many options. The Mr.Marketer option is actually very good. They offer valuable webinars which I liked a lot and got a ton of good info from.
ConsThey double billed my members, admitted to over billing me and still have not payed me back. It is not good for families with multiple kids to register. Customer service is farmed out to another country and most often did not know the answer to the questions we had.
November 25, 2017
Tracy H.
Business Manager
April 20, 2015

“5 Years & Loving it!”

OverallChampionsWay software is amazing. It's scaleable for use by small martial arts schools like we were when we got it and is really showing it's true colors as we grow. From managing your student information, to testing and rank promotion, to email management and campaigns, to point of sale, inventory management, employee management, plus your web presence (&More), they excel in all areas. I love that we don't have double entry into other systems to manage a specific area of our business. I love that ANY time I need customer support, they are there and help until it's resolved. I'll admit, I've looked at other software over the years, but none come close to touching what we get with ChampionsWay.
April 20, 2015
Joseph A.
President/Owner
April 8, 2015

“I use the software for school management, sales and communications.”

OverallThe versatility and excellent customer service of the entire ChampionsWay Team makes this software/company incomparable to whats out there in the market. If we have a question, they are there. If we need something customized, they are on it. I am continually impressed with the functionality, efficiency and service. All my staff members are able to focus on whats important, teaching great classes and providing excellence in service! My members and prospects love the social site feature because it makes registering and buying items easy and seamless. I am very happy with the ChampionsWay program and look forward to growing my business and our relationship throughout the years to come.
Jeremy T.
Consumer Services, 1-10 employees
April 14, 2017

“Stay away from this product”

OverallSeveral years ago I used this software when I was a manger for my instructor's martial art school. It was a very bad customer experience along with bad programing. When I opened my own school several months ago, I decided to try and work with them again. It seems like nothing has changed. I ran into several issue right away and when I would call for help, all I would get is a trouble shooting company that didn't seem to know that much about the product. However, the final deal breaker was the lack of security I came across. I happen to put a username and password that was similar to another company and was able to log into their customer account. I had full access to names, emails and other private information. This was the final straw and I sought to get out of the contract with them for good. I will not use them again nor would I recommend them to anyone.
ConsExtreme poor network security
April 14, 2017
Araje L.
April 29, 2015

“Always Looking to Better meet our needs”

OverallI have been with Championsway for over 13 years. I have seen them grow and adapt to the ever changing technology. I left for about a year to 18 months about 10 years ago and came back after trying many other companies that didn't fit my needs. The have always been there for support. I use them for my management software for our organization, Website development (Their customization is A+), email system, Billing, Reporting and more, seamlessly. That is one of my favorite things about Championsway is I can have them do everything instead of having 4-5 different companies that don't communicate and nothing is tied together.
Research, 1001-5000 employees
December 4, 2018

“Quality assurance testing totally missing”

OverallPoor. It took them a while to get back to me and would then argue with me with the issues I found.
ProsThe actual look of the software was nice, but that was about it.
ConsExtremely buggy. I actually found a huge security error which was the final straw for me to drop them.
December 4, 2018
Madison H.
January 21, 2016

“WORST customer service I have ever experienced from any company ”

OverallIf I could give zero stars I would. Although the software is decent their Customer Service is HORRENDOUS. This isn't one occasion with one employee that I'm dissatisfied with. This is multiple occasions, with multiple employees. They constantly give you the run around and never get back to you. I waited over a month for my software bug to get fixed and the only reason it was fixed was because I had to get a manager involved and threaten to close my account. They are never timely unless it is about collecting money from you. If you do decide to sign up with these guys DO NOT USE THEIR BILLING DEPARTMENT. Every time you call you get a voicemail saying they are busy. Your calls are never returned and when you leave a message. When you try to get in contact through another facet you are told "they are too busy for you but will get back to you when they can." The final straw was when they had the time to contact me about updating my credit card information but had no time to get back to me about money that they owed me!
January 21, 2016
Tami B.
Program Director
April 15, 2015

“Long Time User ”

OverallThe martial arts company that I work with started using Championsway a few years ago after already using another software program. As an office manager I found it much easier to work with as we had hundreds of student's files, attendances and belt ranks to manage daily. When I had to help set up a new facility with our company the Championsway Set Up Team and Help Desk was very friendly, patient and efficient. That is what I have always expected with this product because that is what has always been the result.
April 15, 2015
Rob P.
Co-Founder
April 13, 2015

“Very Robust and capable of doing a lot.”

OverallPerfectMind is very powerful. But sometimes can be overwhelming to use especially if trying to make it customizable to suite your own needs. There are some things I wish it could be better at like the email piece (being able to better list segment). Also, with regard to workflows it would be nice to create some that would incorporate multiple mediums like when a Lead comes in a workplace is set in place to email on given days and sent sms on certain days. The software is constantly improving and evolving which I appreciate.
April 13, 2015
Jodi H.
Co-Owner/Master
April 29, 2015

“It is good for keeping track of my students and has some very good features to this end. ”

OverallI like how it organizes all of my student data. Most of the dashboard data is useless to me because I have many who pay inhouse. Also, I cannot tell who is behind that pays in-house. It is set up best when all are auto. I do not like the email format. I cannot easily add attachments or customize my emails to look more professional. I still am not using the software to my full advantage which I will claim some responsibility for, but it does seem like it should be easier.
Shelly T.
April 24, 2015

“I love Champions Way!”

OverallWe are very happy with the software system- it allows us the ability to do everything from marketing, accounting, all in dojo systems and lets us keep more of our profit. It is affordable and convenient. If we ever have an area of the system we would like to customize, Champions Way makes those changes for us. They listen to our needs and address them completely. My only con...the Ipad and mobile sites run a bit slow, but I have already noticed the speed has quickened up in the last few months.
April 24, 2015
Juan G.
Founder / Owner
April 14, 2015

“I love this software, is very easy to use and makes my life easier. ”

OverallProduct is great, it helps to keep a good relationship with all my costumers by stay in touch with them all the time and not miss anything going on in the my academy, i love the program and everyone is super helpful, the staff member that usually assist me is Jay Jung and he really goes out of his way to make sure that everything is running smooth with my system. Im really happy that i made the right choice by getting this service.
April 14, 2015
Donavin S.
May 4, 2015

“not too bad. too expensive. pushy sales person. ”

OverallSalesman was very pushy trying to get me to buy ChampionsWay when I really only wanted PerfectMIND. It's too expensive. I only wanted to pay $50 a month, salesman pushed me to the $100/ month plan. I would like to downgrade to PerfectMIND to save money. Software seems okay but it's too much of what I don't need. Would rather have simpler cheaper software.
May 4, 2015
Steaphen F.
April 29, 2015

“Outstanding service and great product”

OverallI'm relitively new to perfect mind. but I have to say that I am very impressed with the service and the quality of the product. They are good about checking in with me and making sure that everything is going will with my web page and the credit card service that they offer with their site. When I have an issue, they are quick to get it resolved and are always very pleasant to talk too.
Michael I.

“Haley Stitch”

OverallHaley Stitch is always very helpful. She is very professional and helps get things done in a timely manner. Then after everything is done and taken care of she follows up to make sure you are happy. Perfectmind is great. We have an awesome website, and get to make our own pages to share on social media platforms.
Catherine C.
President/founder
April 9, 2015

“Disappointed ”

OverallNot user friendly for the type of population you serve. Customer service and follow up is only on an as need basis and even then not very authentic. Tech support is good but sometimes difficult to communicate because of language barrier and time zones. The system itself has a lot to offer but to much to figure out and very time consuming to set up. Definitely not intuitive software. To complicated. I feel like champions way is to big now and the original commitment by the founder is weak. Very expensive for what we actually use. We pay extra for social media management and not thrilled about that either. We've been faithful customers and this is the first I've hear from anyone in a long time. Just to get a review.
April 9, 2015
Michael P.
April 29, 2015

“Great Software, better customer service ”

OverallI love that the software and Championsway's willingness to constantly improve the product. More so, I have had a great experience with their customer service- specifically Haley who over delivers.
TY M.
September 21, 2014

“Misrepresentations”

OverallThe basic product is actually pretty good; however, we did not stay long enough to use it. Once we began training on the product and began asking our questions on how to do x,y & z, we discovered what we had been told the system would do for us was either a) only if we paid to upgrade or b) not actually available at all. After reviewing our demonstration & training session recordings, management agreed their product had been unclearly presented to us and we were immediately released from our contract. So to that end, they behaved ethically.
September 21, 2014
Melinda W.
April 13, 2017

“This was not what I expected”

OverallI have been frustrated since the beginning with this software. It does not do all that was promised to me. I am locked into a contract. I will be searching for another software at the end of my contract.
ProsThe interface looks nice.
ConsI do not like the difficulty in finding reports, I have had trouble with the processing of payments.
Recommendations to other buyersTry something different!
April 13, 2017
Carl W.
April 29, 2015

“Great experience! Looking fotward to using our new program and getting great results!”

OverallThanks to Championsway for guiding us through the process and making sure we are successful with the program!
Michelle M.
Office Jedi
April 17, 2015

“Easy to use”

OverallVery impressed with the program. Very easy to use and love being able to tailor it to our needs.
April 17, 2015
Sam R.

“Game Changer”

OverallChampionsWay has been a true resource for me and my business. Good people, excellent customer support, top notch SEO management!
Wayne M.
April 29, 2015

“This software has made what I do a lot easier. I can focus on what I love doing. Teaching!”

OverallOverall, this has been a great software.
Amy S.
Secretary
April 23, 2015

“Easy to use”

OverallIts great to be able to see everything at a glance
April 23, 2015