DentiMax Ratings

Overall

About DentiMax

DentiMax is an award-winning Practice Management system suitable for small to mid-sized practices. DentiMax flows just like your dental office. From registering a new patient, to viewing x-rays while treatment planning, to understanding the patient's financials. It is packed full of powerful features like E-Rx, tight integration, live patient insurance updates, patient texting and electronic document signing. This easy-to-use system offers data conversion from many previous forms of software. Learn more about DentiMax

October 28, 2016

“My staff and I have used DentiMax for over ten years now and I have only good things to say about it. I Love This Software!!! ”

OverallI can't say enough about the training and support that I have received from DentiMax! Their trainers are amazing (yes Alicia that's you ) and their support is amazing too! I have used various software programs over the years, including Softdent and Dentrix , and can say without hesitation that DentiMax is by far and away the best system that I have ever used. One of the things that I like so much about DentiMax is its reporting and billing capability. The software provides dead on accurate numbers that enable us to collect the patient's portion before we ever bill the insurance. This is so nice. Another thing that I love about the software is its integration with digital imaging. My DentiMax's imaging software totally integrates with the practice management side and the x-ray images are beautiful. In fact, my DentiMax digital sensors produce a better quality, crisper x-ray image than my associate's far more expensive digital x-ray sensors (I tried to tell him). If you are looking for a complete system that is easy to use, you should go with DentiMax. Don't be chintzy and skip out on getting training and support. It's not very expensive and they are very good.
Pros I love the appointment book! I wish my iPhone appointment book was as easy to use. From my patient's appointment, I can flow to their chart, ledger, patient and perio screens and access any information I want on the patient. It's easy to move appointments around, view the scheduled production, revenue and cash flow by day and month I can't say enough about the appointment book. I like the charting screen a lot too. I can even see my patients x-rays while I am treatment planning. Also, the clicks to treatment plan a patient are about ½ the clicks of the other systems I have used. It's just nice to be able to quickly treatment plan and present it to the patient without taking a lot of time. The ledger is really good. Right on the ledger, I can easily see what the patient owes and what the insurance owes. It also shows if the deductible has been met and what is left on the max benefit. Clinical notes. It took me a while to give up my paper note and go electronic. All I can say is what a HUGE TIME SAVER!!! DentiMax has to have the best clinical notes on the market! Reports and Statements. They're good and easy to use. There are several statements but the one I like the most is the anticipated family statement. It tell the patient what they owe and what their insurance owes in detail. When my patient's get a statement, they just pay it; the info is all right there. The statements are really good.
ConsI wish I had gone straight to DentiMax when I first started my office. I guess that's not a con but that's how I really feel.
Recommendations to other buyersIf you are looking for a complete system that is easy to use, go with DentiMax. Also, don't be chintzy and skip out on getting training and support. It's not very expensive and they are very good.
October 28, 2016
Renee M.
January 9, 2015

“Great Dental Software - Reasonable Cost”

ProsDentiMax is easy to use and reasonably priced. The tech support is extremely helpful and even cheerful. They are available without a long wait like other, better-known dental software companies. I've always spoken to a representative who is located in the USA and who answered questions quickly. After the initial DentiMax training, the software follows a logical order, making finding your own answers to questions easy. I paid for an extra hour of training, which I used after I had a few questions and now feel very confident in using all of the functions and customizing fields to my own preferences. I am not highly computer savvy, but Dentimax follows a distinct pattern of thinking that even I can negotiate through the different pages, such as setting up perio and dental charting, ledgers, etc. If you are looking for excellent dental software and have been talking to reps from the 'big' companies, I'd suggest looking at DentiMax. The differences are about nil, but the cost difference will be huge. I work in two dental offices, besides my own alternative practice business, using the two big company software packages in my private practice jobs. Knowing these other two dental software systems allows me to compare directly. DentiMax offers everything the others do, as far as I can tell. So why pay more?
ConsThe only one thing I don't like about this software is that probe readings for bleeding points have to be noted before the actual pocket reading or after you finish with pocket numbers. If you chart '5mm' , then bleeding, it advances to the next surface and the red bleeding point will be in the wrong spot. In reality, I won't know if a pocket is going to bleed until I have measured the pocket, so I want to chart the millimeter number and then the bleeding rather than the reverse. You can just go back to the sextant, quadrant, or arch to click on each bleeding point, but this makes charting slower. This is the same problem with Eaglesoft. Dentrix has this one right with charting the millimeter number, then pressing the 'B' key to note a red bleeding point as it actually occurs. For example, press '5B' and you get a 5 mm pocket with bleeding by just clicking on 2 keys. I can't imagine why the bleeding point needs to be noted first.
Recommendations to other buyersChoosing software is a difficult task since each office has its own way of doing things. Possibly going to the convention with the most important tasks and with the people in your office who will be using the computer and then playing with the different software types will allow for comparison. However, for RDHAPs, I'd recommend DentiMax after using the other two 'Biggies' for the past 8 years.
January 9, 2015
Peyton O.
Front Office/Back Office Assisrant

“ABSOLUTE LIFESAVER!!!”

OverallLong story short,they have thought of EVERYTHING. You can tell the people that have built the program have a Dental background. Same is true for the training, sales and support staff, they can talk the talk!
ProsI have used Dentrix, Curve and Windent, and I can tell you this has been the easiest program to learn. Dentimax is very intuitive and user friendly. The ledger is probably my favorite part of the program because it truly stands out from the others. Unlike other programs, Dentimax is REAL ACCOUNTING! This means when you want to know why a patient still has a balance you can easily look down the ledger and see exactly which item the money is owing from- and ledger notes makes it easy to indicate why money is still owed (ins denied, maxed out, ins lapsed). The ledger also keeps track of insurance history. So the next time a patient comes in and they owe a different amount for their perio maint. you can quickly reference the old plan and explain the difference in coverage. Dentimax also offers a home page which allows me to keep website links, reports and shortcuts to areas of the program all in one place, and accessible with one click. The Document center is very thought out; it's not just scan items in. You can create documents and even have patients sign electronically- on top of being able to scan and store. I also love that i can get to any part of the program without having to move in any particular order. As long as I have the patient selected, I can jump to either their chart, ledger, Rx, perio exam, etc. Plus, with all the fun extras, you can be TRULY PAPERLESS
Nasira C.
Office receptionist
December 23, 2017

“Dentimax for our office”

ProsFairly simple, customer service reps are helpful, auto-email feature, clear displays, usually works well.
ConsSystem is very slow sometimes, additional features require upgrade and fees. Would be nice if template mode was easier to use to make recurring appointments.

By DentiMax Dental Software on January 3, 2018
Hello Nasira, Thank you so much for the review! We are glad you are enjoying DentiMax. We would be happy to have a technician call and speak with you about any slowness you are experiencing and make sure you are up to date with all the technical specs required, and what the optimal performance options are, to see where we can help! Also, we can run through the fastest way to create templates for blocking the schedule (since there is a few options), and show you how you can easily copy/paste them once created to go into any column/provider¿s schedule! One of the best things about our company is that we never force anyone to purchase an upgrade or pay for annual maintenance. You are welcome to skip a few upgrades if you would like, and purchase them when you do see an upgrade with the desired features (and you do not have to pay for the ones you skipped!). We do also have monthly maintenance options that include the upgrade, as well as some other cool features, such as texting and online kiosk. We will be happy to review your options with you as well for when you are ready to upgrade. We look forward to helping you however we can, and appreciate your DentiMax loyalty! Sincerely, Alicia
December 23, 2017
Eileen J.
February 10, 2017

“Dental Software”

OverallWhile I don't believe a Five Star Dental software program currently exists, as they all have different strengths and weaknesses. I do believe that Dentimax is trying to reach that 5-star mark. I have previously used Dentrix and Eaglesoft and am now using Dentimax. It is very user-friendly and has many features that are helpful with managing a paperless office. From scheduling to treatment planning and charting to the collection, Dentimax is aiming to improve each aspect, and trying to make it better and more user-friendly.
ProsClinical, charting, imaging, and practice management integration. Cost effective practice management system.
ConsCustomer IT support can be slow and ineffective, but they find a way to make sure we are taken care of as a customer.
Recommendations to other buyersIf you are looking a for a great value in comprehensive dental practice management software you should consider Dentimax.

By DentiMax Dental Software on February 22, 2017
Hi Eileen, Thank you so much for your review of DentiMax. We appreciate your feedback and the opportunity to serve you better. We always love being on site in your office and appreciate the special relationship we have with your practice. DentiMax takes pride in offering excellent customer support and we do everything possible to resolve any questions or concerns in one telephone call. If ever you have a concern about call resolution, our supervisors and managers are always standing by to help understand the situation and expedite a resolution whenever possible. Thank you for your continued loyalty to DentiMax.
February 10, 2017
Naomi Susan C.
dental asst./office manager
March 14, 2018

“The support staff saves the day, yet again!”

OverallIt has been great having her to help us/remind us how to do everyday tasks that no one ever trained us on or originally quickly went over and now we forgot. She is incredibly patient, kind, upbeat and helpful every time we've had a problem (or just didn't know how to do) She always calls back quickly and has made learning the system an easier chore. WAS
Prosthere are reports for 90% of our needs. It's better than doing by hand. We have many issues but the tech dept. and the support staff has been very helpful and have corrected most of them.
Consall the glitches in the program. everyday a new problem occurs. Its extensive which is great but also difficult to find some reports as many are similarly named. or figuring out which one I do need. there is no report to print a full sheet of one insurance carrier at a time. I don't need a sheet of 40 carriers if we use 10. issues with calander. when trying to make next appt. a message often comes up saying grid index out of range file, prog pref and I have to get out of the program, go back in and try the calendar again to see if it will advance 90 days or whatever time frame I was trying to do.
March 14, 2018
October 3, 2017

“DentiMax is a company I can rely on to help me manage and organize my private practice. ”

OverallAn excellent value. Solid , intuitive, software at a low price in comparison to other practice mgmt. programs.
ProsIt is simple to track scheduled production, and collections as they occur throughout the day. I really like that feature and look at that screen many times each workday. I also like how the DentiMax staff can design any report for me that I would like my software to generate. This allows me to have just the information I want from my software, whenever I need it. I also like the seamless integration between DentiMax and DentiMax Imaging. The imaging program is top-notch and allows me to diagnose with confidence. The Dentimax staff applied special "filters" to my imaging program which allows me to have the clearest images of any of my colleagues!
ConsThere are a somewhat limited number of icons to use on the charting screen and I would like to see those expanded. I understand an update to the software is coming soon however which will improve the selection.
October 3, 2017
David E.
January 15, 2019

“OUTSTANDING CUSTOMER SUPPORT^”

OverallFor the money, or any amount of money for that matter, this software provides everything I could possibly need, and then some. ABSOLUTELY get a trial program, I think you will be impressed. Don't let the low price keep you away-it is a powerful tool.
ProsThey have thought of everything necessary in a dental software program. As a pre-computer person, still find the basic functions easy to use, very intuitive. On the two occasions that I've needed support, they have been very prompt, the most recent session with Alicia was especially great. The phone was answered immediately, and she guided me through the issue. On another occasion, when it was anticipated that there might be a wait, they advised me to e-mail a complete list of my issues and arranged a dedicated time so everything could be taken care of at the least inconvenience to me.
ConsTruly no issues with the program. Any problems I've had were strictly due to my shortcomings as a computer illiterate.
January 15, 2019
Whitney V.
July 29, 2018

“DentiMax”

ProsThe best customer service, although wait times on the phone can be long. But e-mails and phone calls are always returned. The program is pretty user friendly and has many features.
ConsIt would be nice to search patients via cell phone number, not just the home phone. The ledger can be confusing the way it distributes payments and adjustments - makes for a very complicated print out for pts to take home.

By DentiMax Dental Software on September 21, 2018
Whitney, Thank you so much for the review! I can appreciate your feedback about customer service. We will be upgrading our phone system soon to direct people to the most appropriate extensions when they call, as well as hold your place in line for a call back. We are very excited to have a new system to better serve our customers. In the meantime, you are always welcome to email support@dentimax.com, and simply request a call back instead of waiting in line, or use our new DentiMax chat tool on our website, www.dentimax.com! You can in fact search for your patient via cell number, and we can show you how to use the customize filter option on the screen. I will have training reach out to you about this asap. As far as payments and adjustments go, where the money from the patient or insurance gets distributed to is totally in your hands. The ledger is designed to work like an EOB that the office and the patient would receive from insurance. Training can help with this too!
July 29, 2018
April W.
July 17, 2018

“Love my Dentimax”

OverallI have used Dentimax software for 8 years and wouldn't use anything else. I love how easy it is to use. The latest upgrade did have some glitches, some of which we are still working with Dentimax support to figure out. One of these glitches I consider an important issue that must be fixed, but I'm still keeping it and have had a good experience overall working through it.
ProsDentimax has all the features of much more expensive practice management systems, very user friendly and doesn't have the constant fees for upgrades and maintenance. It's good value for the money and the sales and support staff have always been very helpful.
ConsIt's not as widely known with staff as software like Eaglesoft or Dentrix so there's always training for new staff. But it's easy!

By DentiMax Dental Software on July 23, 2018
Thanks for the great review Dr. Westfall! DentiMax Loves you too! I'm not sure what the issue is that you are still encountering, but I will follow up with the support team and we will get in touch with you soon. Thanks again!
July 17, 2018
Christine K.
December 18, 2018

“Game changing for the Dental Industry”

ProsThis software is built with the practice in mind. Everything is designed to make your workflow more efficient. You can access any part of a patients file with a simple click, no jumping through hoops. The line item accounting make it incredibly easy to find where account balances are coming from- so say good bye to exhausting accounts! The clinical screen is beautiful and easy to use. Just choose the treatment or item button and click to apply it to the surface/tooth. Dentimax has thought of everything with this software!
ConsI really don't have any. I can always get an email response even if I can't talk with someone on the phone, this goes for training, support and sales. They are very patient with me in explaining the difference between a training question or a technical concern, and are very nice to point me in the right direction accordingly. They always open to my feedback, and make me feel listened to.
December 18, 2018
Marvin A.
business assiciate
November 26, 2018

“Leading Industry Standard?”

OverallI like it that when you need a refresher or understanding of how something works there are people that you can call and they will talk to you with step by step instructions on how to get it done. If you don't know if something can be done then they will also help you out.
ProsLooking for something easy to use? With decent technical support and great prices? Sounds good? I will recommend this to anyone that is running a dental office because this offers all of those. It is simple enough to use even if you never used something like this before. You can make charts with ease. I know a company that has been using this for many years and they always recommend this, thus this is the reason to why I've been using this. Now I will recommend this to everyone.
ConsI would like to see the software automatically update. I know that can be done easily with an update? I have dealt with some of the tech supporters that are rude. I don't know if they were having an off day or not but if so they should not work that day because they can make the days of the people they talk to upset.
November 26, 2018
Kelsey N.
Scheduling Admin
December 20, 2018

“Ease of use”

OverallGreat Product.
ProsManeuvering around from screen to screen is so easy, can pull up whatever I need immediately. Easy to learn
ConsAdd a pharmacy line in patient information screen. Have a place on information screen if pt do not want to receive a text msg.

By DentiMax Dental Software on January 28, 2019
Thanks Kelsey! We are so glad you are enjoying the system! The GREAT news is that you can add a pharmacy to the patient info¿ Go to the ¿Extra¿ tab, and right click on the word ¿extra 1¿ & rename it ¿Pharmacy¿. All of the extra fields in that screen can be customized to suite your needs. Also, you can exclude patients from texting by right clicking on the text message icon next to their phone number & select ¿exclude from texting¿. I hope that helps! Please let us know if you have any further questions: Training@DentiMax.com. Thanks again, Alicia Dieujuste
December 20, 2018
Clive S.
April 24, 2018

“Easy company to deal with and great software”

OverallHelpful tech support .
ProsEasy to use and economic. Simple menu enables rapid charting . Support staff find the appt entry quick and easy . Helpful tech support
ConsLedger can be a little confusing. Reports that come with system could be improved. Would be nice to have graphs of production revenue and new patient numbers.

By DentiMax Dental Software on April 30, 2018
Hello Clive, Thanks so much for the great review! I¿d love to make your experience even better and get you some more training on the ledger. We do line item accounting, which is different than most dental software companies out there. It¿s a great tool to have and makes true accounting a lot easier and more detailed. DentiMax 18 comes with new and advanced report options that we¿d be happy to show you as well, including production and detailed new patient reports, unscheduled treatment that you can search by code, and much more. The home page in DentiMax also does allow for graphing options as well, which can show you, and hear your ideas too! We are always willing to take suggestions from our customers, and make them happen, which is typically where our new features come from. Please feel free to reach out to training@dentimax.com with a convenient option for you, and we can go through these points together! Again, thank you for taking the time to give us your great feedback. Sincerely, Alicia
April 24, 2018
Joann C.
May 17, 2013

OverallDr. Carr has been in practice awhile. In fact, we have used computers in the office since 1982! We started out with a TI that did text merged letters, statements, and insurance billing. From there, we moved up to an AT PC and Colwell's management system. This added recall capabilities. We used 3 Star, A custom program, Easy Dental, and Ace before finding Dentimax. We've been a Dentimax user since 2006. This program does it all - Billings - even payment plans, insurance billing, recall that can be set to office specifications, and frequency. It has a report center that also does office forms, text merge letters, lots of management reports, financial reports, time management reports, and those essential audit reports that help us keep track of employees actions (including theft prevention). It manages images, letters received from specialists, referrals to specialists, and missed appointments as well as late cancellations. It keeps a list of appointments that were cancelled, but not rescheduled; as well as a list of patients who would be available to come in for a last minute availability. It tracks treatment that has been recommended, but not scheduled. You have the choice of recall by phone, letter, postcard, email, or text message to send to the patient, with or without a scheduled appointment. The program can send email or text message confirmations for appointments automatically! And sends birthday greetings by text and email automatically to each patient. It's fully set up to do electronic prescriptions, which save hours of staff and doctor time. All this and more. This program does everything but lick the envelopes and stamps! All that, and I can have a new employee up and running in 15 minutes - it's that easy! Add to that wonderful tech support help with no judgment - no matter how simple the question or how many times you've asked it. I have not found another practice management software that does nearly as much as Dentimax, even those costing 3 or 4 times as much! It just doesn't get any better than this!
May 17, 2013
Monique L.
December 16, 2018

“Dentimax is not very user friendly but if you are working on a budget it might be one to consider.”

ProsThe Home page has multiple icons which allows you to navigate the system with ease. There is a help icon on the pages that allows you to get instructions on how to do a task which is helpful. Compared to other softwares , the price is affordable and reasonable. The kiosk is a great feature but it never worked properly.
ConsThe software constantly freezes, customer service does not know why and they blame it on Windows updates. The kiosk never worked so I cancelled it. The treatment planning page and dental charting page has too many out of dated terminology and needs updating while the whole system could be more simple and has too many steps to complete. If you need to resubmit a claim you have to start over from scratch which it time consuming when you should be able to revise the original and resend it. Adding patients information is not user friendly either when having to input but from the kiosk, when it was working, it was a breeze. When ever you need customer service there is always a long wait, plus they want you to pay extra money for help.

By DentiMax Dental Software on January 15, 2019
Hi Monique, Thank you, I understand support had worked with you at length and found that your internet was needing to be upgraded. Wifi, while convenient, does not always provide a stable connection for data transfer, and the internet specs you had at the time of your call did not meet our required specs. 1) Terminology: updated annually with the latest CDT codes, and is also customizable by the user. Our system offers 2 click charting, making it incredibly fast. Here is a training video for reference: https://youtu.be/E_3fzNG5z9Q?t=1591 2) Claim resubmission: all you need to do is open the claim you had previously submitted that says ¿billed¿ and change the status back to ¿ready to bill¿. 3) New Patients: you must enter the same basic info such as name/address/dob, etc, any software would require. 4) Support: we do not require you to have a separate support contract for assistance on that item. We have high call volumes at different times of day, just as any company doing phone support, but Customer Support is available via phone, email, and web chat as well. Please let us know if you would like additional assistance in training. Thank you kindly, Alicia Dieujuste
December 16, 2018
Lisa T.
October 27, 2016

“THE PROGRAMMERS NEED TO WORK IN A DENTAL OFFICE FOR AWHILE!!!! MAYBE THEN CHANGES WOULD BE MADE!!!”

OverallWe are a small Family Dental practice- one Dentist, 1 Assistant,1 hygienist and 2 front desk ladies. Have been using this program for 3 years. Previously had Datateam. Although there are decent features with this Program, there are so many that shouldn't even be an issue. I am not the type of person who needs Support for how to work the Dentimax Program. However, there are so many issues with the Program that I deal with because I refuse to pay for Support to fix their programming problems. An example, there is a 1 cent rounding problem. The program tells you what the patient's balance is, then they pay it in full. When you put payment in and print out a receipt, a lot of the time it says they owe a cent or overpaid by 1 cent. If I had to do it again I would pay a little more just to get a program that has the Standard features you would expect with a Dental Program.
ProsWe like the email appointment reminders. We recently signed up with ZipWhip (awesome product) so we can text patients using our office landline. $20 unlimited texts. Rumor has it Dentemax is finally coming into the texting age and they will be charging $30 a month for 500 texts. Since we text way over that we will probably stick with ZipWhip since it is so easy to use, unlimited texts and cheaper. Other Pros......I guess right now I am so frustrated because I know all the issues we have to deal with on a daily basis should not be a problem and it is overshadowing the good of the program.
Cons1.) HUGE, HUGE, HUGE PROBLEM!!!!!...... a dental program that does not allow you to choose prophy frequencies of 2/12 consecutive months. They only allow you to pick 1/___ months. This does not help at all with the people having the 2/12 consecutive months. I decided to write this review after getting another rejection from an insurance company rejecting a cleaning and exam due to frequencies on a patient having the 2/12 months frequency plan. The prophy was done 6 months from the last cleaning but not 12 months from the prophy before the previous one. This makes patients angry having to pay for a check up! They hold us responsible for when their insurance will pay for their cleanings. So either charge the patient and lose them, or write off and lose money. When I called Dentemax about this problem I was told "most people have the 1/6 mos" and the gentleman from Dentemax had never heard of cleanings 2 in12 months. Seriously!!! This should be a STANDARD FEATURE in any Dental Program. You should not manually have to check this manually for every patient!!!! 2) Cores - It is general dental office knowledge that cores are Class III for 99.9% of patients with Insurance. Dentemax has Cores defaulted to Class II. So if you want the program to calculate the core copay correctly, you have to figure it out manually and adjust insurance estimate w on each and every core you ever key in. Or, you can go into every insurance plan and manually classify the code as Class III. (Right now just for Delta Dental we have 200 insurance plans in the computer. So that would mean making that adjustment 200 times for Delta, not including every other Insurance plan we have) 3. Unable to print out an envelope to a Patient or an Insurance Company unless we have a special printer. Come on!!! So we manually write out addresses. Lots of fun!! Plus the Statements aren't aligned to put into a window envelope. You have to do oragami so the address on the Statement shows in the envelope window. 4. Walk out Statements are confusing and hard to understand for Patients. Be ready to try and explain the bill. 5. For some reason when you are in the patient ledger and tell a patient what their balance is, then they give you payment, you go into "Add Patient Payment", the balance is different a lot of the time for no rhyme or reason. 6. When services are keyed in, a lot of the time Dentemax does not take into account the insurance and charges everything to the patient. Then we need to pull out our calculators and manually figure out the copay and then adjust the insurance adjustment for each procedure. this happens about 75 percent of the time. 7. The Scheduler, could we possibly make the Calendar a little smaller!!!!!!! Take a look at their Scheduler Screen, see that little box in the top left hand corner, see the little arrows...... you have to hit those little arrows to get from month to month. Hopefully you didn't have too much caffeine that morning and your hands aren't shaky. There is a lot of empty space on the lower left of the Scheduler Screen. How hard would it be just to have the months listed so you can easily click on the month you want to get to?!?!?!?! I could go on and on.
Recommendations to other buyersPay a little more to get a Dental Program that has features that should be standard on a Dental Program.

By DentiMax Dental Software on October 31, 2016
Hi Lisa, I certainly appreciate your feedback and the opportunity to help you with the concerns you have voiced. I can understand why you would be frustrated if the below were accurate for the performance of our system and what we represent. Several of these items noted can be resolved by having a short training session or changing a couple settings that made it into your program, without the need for involving programming/development. Our training department would love to reach out and help you with them! In the meantime, to specifically address the items listed, I first wanted to address the .01 cent rounding issue. That had been brought to our attention previously and resolved in an updated service pack release. Our tech support team will call you to make sure you have the most up to date release at no charge to you. Also, you are correct, we are actually announcing our very own texting module. Like most software companies do, we have previously worked with a third party service for texting for years. Unlike other companies, the texting we are releasing is our very own texting that we created in house, with complete integration capabilities, since we built it for us. Not all texting products work the same or have all the same features, which is why you will find such a variance in price on the market (ranging up to $200 a month). We do want to offer the best product for the best price to our customers, which will deliver automated messages and integration with virtually no effort on the user end. 1) Cleaning frequencies 2/12 months: I actually did work in dental offices for 12 years, and can verify that there are serveral plans with this frequency. I can also verify that many software solutions do not have the option to indicate this frequency. This is an item on our enhancement list for our next version, and I appreciate your support of adding that feature. 2) Cores: Core build-up¿s can certainly get paid out under class III for major services along with crowns. Depending on the insurance plans you are taking and the demographic you are seeing, that may be the case for you more often than not, but I have seen it the other way too (at class II). What¿s important is that the system does have the flexibility for you as the user, to alter the default coverage table on the practice level instead of the plan level, so that you are not changing this per insurance plan, but only when it is called for. We can certainly edit that with you in a few minutes with the training department¿s help for your plans going forward. We can also set that as the deafult for your older plans as well if the need is still there to do so. 3) We do actually have envelopes or labels in our system that do not require special printers to function. Of course your printer must be able to accept an envelope as something to print on (given the size), but most printers in the last 5 years or so have this capability. We can certainly resolve this with you. 4) Our statements are designed to work just like an EOB does. So when your patient gets a statement from you, and their EOB copy, they can easily follow the two and ensure matching details. We have 3 different options for statements depending on how the office likes to handle billing, and training can run through this with you as well and set the one you like as the default. 5) The payment entry screen is line item accounting, again to follow the flow of an EOB. When you see the patient balance on the ledger, there are several other things you may be seeing, such as the family account versus just the patient account. You have the same options to toggle to in the payment entry screen to make it easy to pay the whole family¿s account or just the portion due for one patient. Training can also assist with this item. 6) DentiMax actually will calculate the estimated patient portion for you based on the coverage table on the insurance and the fee schedule associated with that plan. The only reason the total amount should show as the patient portion is if somehow the items are marked as being paid at zero percent on the coverage table of the insurance plan, the items are listed as non-billable to insurance (such as a missed appointment fee), or the claim has been closed already. This is also something the training team can look at in your system and see which item is causing that to be the patient portion and easily resolved. 7) Great minds think alike! For the calendar, you can actually click the month in the top in order to select and jump to a specific month (or year) with an easy drop down menu. You can also change the sreen resolution on your computer if you want to increase the overall size too. We would really appreciate an opportunity to have a live training session with you to run through these items and anything else on your list! Thank you kindly.
October 27, 2016
Mark M.
1.5/5
April 22, 2014

“Great potential, great first impression, poor execution”

ProsThey have very responsive support and training staff. The detailed product help files that are packaged with the product are full of very useful information. There are lots of training materials online. Compared to the competition, it's probably the most user-friendly interface. It doesn't require expensive hardware run.
ConsIt's not designed for modern small office networks with domain security. DentiMax requires all users that work with DentiMax to have administrative rights to the PC the software is on. This opens the PC and the network it's on to security breaches since everyone can access everyone else's files on the PC. It performs poorly compared to competitors. The response time is around 3-5 seconds for Patient record retrieval on a 1 Gbps network and high powered servers. This happens for most clicks on the screen when checking a patient in. It makes conducting business on a busy day very frustrating. There are numerous little issues such as the mouse cursor not changing to an hour glass to let you know it's thinking. You keep clicking again and again, wondering if the software is stuck. This eventually causes a problem where support has to go to the DentiMax server and clean up "dead" connections. Closing the program causes a bunch of error messages to appear on screen that you must close individually or kill using the task manager. This happens 98% of the time you close the program. DentiMax is aware of the issue but appears unable to fix it, even after being aware of it for over six months. The DentiMax feature to force users to change their passwords does not work, and support hasn't been able to figure out why either. DentiMax imaging allows any user with access to a DentiMax PC - even with the lowest access rights - to reach directly to the server the images are on and delete those images - even all of them, everything at once. They can't see the images, but they can delete them all. Imaging is not client-server software. There is no server keeping everything safe, and the software requires users to have local administrator access to the image storage folder to work. I luckily I had backups when some images where inadvertently deleted. Their document imaging system doesn't work well in Windows 7. It works well with Windows XP. Windows XP is no longer supported by Microsoft. Again, we had to call support to help them make things more stable for us. The online help for DentiMax is great. The report designer is a third-party product DentiMax purchased. The online help tells you to get the user guide for the reporting tool from the install CD, but there is no documentation on the install CD.
Recommendations to other buyersMake sure you budget in technical support costs for every year you intend to own Dental software. DentiMax is not alone in having problems, but there are many. I find it to be a much more user-friendly product than competitors, which is why I chose it, but that's when it's working. The demonstrations were great. The customer service was great. However, once installed on my current, modern, high-powered servers and secure infrastructure, calling DentiMax support became almost a daily event. As I said, their support is excellent, but it's not optional. You're going to need it often.
April 22, 2014
1-10 employees
February 9, 2019

“Since upgrading”

OverallGreat product and value with really good support if needed
ProsSeveral of small bugs have been corrected.on the 2018 upgrade. The integration of practice finances, with clinical relevant documentation and dentimax imaging make this all you need to run a practice. Offers a cloud based or server based option, text and email notifications, so u don't have to use outside vendors
ConsReally none significant. There are a few tasks that require sequencing and careful execution, but once you have done it a couple times it's easy. Like applying credit adjustments where you want them to go, and billing secondary claims
February 9, 2019
Christopher G.
July 31, 2018

“CTG review”

OverallThe ability to track treatment plans has given us the potential to fill open or cancelled appointments.
ProsI appreciate the ability that Dentimax offers in customizing the software to our office's unique requirements.
ConsWe have intermittent times when the labtop does not sync with the main computer. I hope that we don't need to upgrade to a server.

By DentiMax Dental Software on September 21, 2018
Hi Dr. Marlow, Thank you for taking the time to write us a wonderful review! I will have our support team give you a call about your laptop. We do not support hardware, but can look at a few things and give you a few pointers to look at. One thing you can check almost immediately is whether or not the laptop is on wifi. If it is, you may want to look into a hard wired connection to the internet, otherwise the wifi signal floating through the air can get disrupted at times for various reasons. Thanks for the opportunity to serve you! Sincerely, Alicia
July 31, 2018
Angela R.
Medical Practice, 11-50 employees
February 22, 2017

“Love it!”

OverallWe've been using DentiMax in our office for just over four years. Previous to using DentiMax, we used Eaglesoft, Dentrix, and Computer Age software and there's absolutely no comparison in the ease of use in DentiMax. The online training was amazing and the software is so intuitive, we felt like pros within a few days. DentiMax is comprehensive, robust, and meets the needs of our practice. When we've had a question or problem, the tech support and training departments have been extremely easy to work with and are quick to find resolutions for us. We'll be lifetime users of DentiMax.
ProsEase of use, great training, good technical support, comprehensive
ConsHave to call in for updates, they aren't automatically sent out
Recommendations to other buyersTry demos of every product you're considering, and then buy DentiMax.
February 22, 2017
Melody S.
RDHAP
Medical Practice, Self-employed
September 12, 2017

“Awesome”

OverallI had some very difficult issues in setting up Denti-Max and making sure it was communicating properly with APEX EDI. The support staff was so patient in trying to sort it out. Kudos to him
ProsI like the technical support. I just got a new computer and Denti-Max wasn't saved so Customer support representative was so patient as he helped me set it up and work out all of the bugs. He was personable and very professional. I feel confident if I have an issue that he will be able to fix it for me.
ConsI wish the pages would scroll up and down. Sometimes I want to see in the middle so it would be easier if it scrolled.
September 12, 2017
Nicole P.
September 20, 2017

“Would use any other software!”

ProsI love the simplicity of the software very user friendly. I've used this software for over eight years and have had the best experience with the Dentimax software and team, from sales to training. We specialize in oral surgery and needed a software that would be used for both dental and medical and they nailed it! We recently purchased the EHR upgrade and the team made sure our transition went smooth and using the new system is simplistic. I greatly recommend this software and team to everyone. Great system, great price and great people!
September 20, 2017
Brittney W.
Hospital & Health Care, 1-10 employees
September 19, 2017

“Dentimax is best by far! Easy to learn and offers awsome functions. ”

OverallThe number one benefit was combinding our two dental programs into one. I no longer have to toggle between two separate offices with two separate schedules. I can view everything on one screen.
ProsMy office runs much smoother now that we have a high quality dental software program. The design of the software is easy to understand and manoover through. I love putting in bulk payments. The ledger is so easy to read. Adding new patients is a piece of cake. Switching someone's insurance takes seconds. As an office manager it's important to trust your software. We rely on it to calculate balances, generate reports, and schedule our patients. I trust Dentimax. And when I have a problem I trust the people that help make Dentimax. Everyone is so friendly and eager to help.
ConsWhat do I like least.......that is a tough one. I'd like to be able to edit our reports in a little easier fashion.
September 19, 2017
Hosam A.
August 29, 2016

“simply amazing , affordable and do the job ”

Prosuser friendly powerful billing capabilities built-in report writer very impressive support team with amazing response time easy interface to 3rd party systems bridging almost done for all imaging software
Conswish if its web based and wish if it support unicode characters
Recommendations to other buyerstake full scripted workflow scenario test , check ability to bridge to 3rd party imaging softwares check possibility to custom your own reports possibility to read your data in case you decide to move into another software

By DentiMax Dental Software on September 13, 2016
Thank you so much for your feedback. DentiMax bridges to virtually every imaging software used in North America, including the following: Dexis, Schick, Kodak, Suni, VixWin, Visix/TigerView, Eva, Prolmage, Dent-X, PlanMeca Dimaxis, , Apteryx, Belmont, Cliniview, CliniTouch, DDS ApWorks, ImageDDS, ImageXL, MaxView, PPDx, VisionDent, Lightyear, XDR, Dolphin Imaging, DentiMax Imaging and others. In addition, DentiMax offers an Internet version of the software which gives you complete access to your practice data from any computer that has high-speed Internet capability; making the perfect solution for multi-location practices and billing services.
August 29, 2016
Emilie M.
July 31, 2014

“Update of my previous review”

ProsNote: this is an update to my last review of DentiMax. I had been having a lot of trouble with the supporting components of the clinical portion of the software. That includes practice management, and the document center. I would like to say that things have improved a lot. Now that things have settled a bit and that we have completed our office setup, Dentimax is running a lot smoother. We rarely encounter access violations anymore, and the lag time is two seconds at most. I'm still not completely happy with the document center because it is still very buggy to create new documents, but now that all our office documents are set up, I don't really use the document editor anymore, and everything's been fine.
ConsI'm still waiting for tech support to provide a solution to the access violation notification we get when closing down the program, and also to fix the password issue (the program doesn't prompt the user to change their password even if the option is selected). DentiMax needs some improvements to its practice management features to make it competitive to the market. For example, DentiMax doesn't close out the month, which is a feature in Dentrix where all transactions of previous months are locked and can't be changed. DentiMax rely on the honor system for that.
Recommendations to other buyersMake sure you get all the details on the practice management and financial portion of the software before you purchase. Ask for a demo, and review everything from billing to payment collection to monthly reports
July 31, 2014
Tammy I.
March 23, 2018

“Best software I've used in a Dental office”

OverallI've used DentiMax at the office I'm in for over 3 years now and love the program. With using other programs over the years I found Dentimax was the perfect choice for our office with the way navigation and great customer support.
ProsVery user friendly. Easy navigation from one area to the next. Makes treatment planning easy and fast. Love the option for numerous tx plans. Fast and easy checkout as well as scheduling recall during checkout!
ConsI can't say there's anything I don't like about the program. It was missing a few reports in the beginning but that was swiftly taken care of.
March 23, 2018
Daniel D.
July 26, 2017

“dentimax has made my office very efficient”

Overallfiles , recalls, ledgers, insurance filing, billing procedures, notes, scheduling patients on and on, its a tall order, but not for dentimax.They have made my self and my office staff very happy. the support team is very helpful and always eager to help us learn more. In my opinion you cant beat Alecia, Britney, laura and all the support team. I recommend them without reserve.
Prosdentimax is very easy to learn and use and the support team is very friendly and helpful. It has streamlined our office greatly
Consthat it was not around 20 years ago! I wish that dentimax had some hours of opening on Saturday, even if it was just afew hours.
July 26, 2017
Scott B.

“Dentimax Is the one !”

OverallIf I was starting a new dental office or looking for a way to save money, I would purchase Dentimax.
ProsIf you have any fears about the user friendliness of a dental management software, those fears will disappered with the use of Dentimax. It is a fully functioning dental management software with tons of time saving qualities. And in the dental office, time saving equals higher profits.
ConsEverything that I require of a software in the dental office setting can be found in Dentimax. After using Dentimax for over ten years, I have no problems in the software.

“Customer Service”

ProsThe team at Dentimax is an easy phone call away any time we have ever had questions. They are very helpful and friendly, and always go the extra mile to make sure we are happy with our products. It is nice that they can remotely access our computers whenever we need help so that we never have to wait for someone to come into our office.
ConsIt's hard to find something that I don't like about the software, especially since I can customize features to fit my needs.
Hosam A.
August 18, 2017

“High flexibility with great value for money Dentimax easy to use and able to get your practice up and running in no time ”

OverallDentimax open to bridge to any available 3rd party imaging system The dream sensor a state of art with high quality and high durability
ProsFast responding very rich with functionalities, the billing is powerful in away that it can meet up to date and even new challenges even with. I need for changes Most of all the Dentimax team support is flawless and up to speed
ConsNo inventory management The database could be better No multi location support Missing integration to medical EMR
August 18, 2017
Nicole P.
Practice Manger
November 14, 2016

“Excellent for Oral Surgery Practices”

OverallWe are an oral sugery practice that has been using Dentimax for about 8 years and have had nothing but positive experiences from sales, training and how user friendly this software has been. We currently decided to upgrade to EHR and are very impressed with the transition. I would recommend any dental practice to utilize this software to generate a smooth daily workflow.
ProsUser friendly, smooth data xfer, knowledgeable and experienced training reps, cost efficient and has been keeps lastest updates readily available.
ConsN/A
Recommendations to other buyersN/A
November 14, 2016
Behzad A.
May 22, 2015

“Very good company .”

ProsI have been using this software for the past 8 years , at first all my friends laughed at me for buying this product nobody believed this thing is going to work at this price, after 8 years and training 5 different biller and recommending this to many friends and recently upgrading to a newer version and comparing it to my other office (dentrix G 5) and asking all my nine employees which one is better on daily bases and comparing tech support this is a very good product and a very good company.
ConsThe product is good but they need to keep their employees longer.
Recommendations to other buyersThis is a very good software and excellent tech support you always can get help even years later no other company (even gendex or Belmont) come close to them they have always helped me and my friends . Originally I bought this product for the price and it turned out to be the best purchase I ever made for my office .
May 22, 2015
evelyn r.
receptionist
October 3, 2018

“perfect for dental office”

Proswhen i used this software to access the patients information was really easy and fast to use
Conson this software is very important to put in all the information correctly if not its hard to access the information

By DentiMax Dental Software on December 19, 2018
Evelyn, you are a gem! Thank you so much for the nice review! I have a few training tips I could help with in case you make a boo-boo and enter something wrong, where you can still find the data. Feel free to reach out if you have some instances/examples you would like to review together. 800-704-8494 x207 or training@dentimax.com Thank you kindly, Alicia Dieujuste
October 3, 2018
Johnny K.
July 19, 2018

“Dentimax review”

OverallGood customer support and accessibility is good.
ProsPlatform looks good and can run reports easily
ConsSoftware is glitchy. There are little things that can be improved so less mistakes are done by users.

By DentiMax Dental Software on July 23, 2018
Thanks for the review Dr. Koo! We would love to hear the ideas you have on how to reduce staff mistakes. I do know that you still have some training time left, so perhaps we should setup another training session for you and the staff. Also, we can see what items you are encountering that appear glitchy, some of which could be addressed within your internal network; I'll have our team reach out to you for help!
July 19, 2018
Muhammad Haris I.
September 15, 2017

“Good software for practice managers”

OverallI use this software in my daily practice and I would recommend it to other dentists.
ProsThe patient chart feature is better than most other softwares that I've seen. The ability to edit and customize patient charts, reports, prescription, fee schedule and almost anything is the best thing that I found in this software. The feature to add images and record chart is also a plus point.
ConsLearning curve is a little steep. Software is heavy and requires a very high RAM and processor for it to function properly. Otherwise it works very slowly. Another negative point that I found in the software is the inability to save pictures and x-rays loaded in the software to any external location.
Renae S.
Administrative Assistant
Medical Practice, 11-50 employees
October 6, 2016

“Product/Support Review”

OverallFor the most part, I would say that we are very pleased with Dentimax and the support. We have had issues with one of the representatives but other than that it has been good. The only problem is the hold time when calling in for support. There also seems to be a high turn over which makes it hard to build a good business relationship.
ProsIt's ease of use, it is user friendly.
ConsCannot export reports to excel or other format unless you buy another product.

By DentiMax Dental Software on October 18, 2016
Thank you so much for the feedback Renae! We certainly want you to be happy with each and every team member we have, so would love more feedback on this directly when you have the chance please. We do have all of our support in-house and each person on the team is very important to us and our customer experience. Some of our team has been with us for 11 years, others are more recent. If you ever have a concern with the answer you are receiving, please ask to speak with a supervisor and we will be happy to verify the information you are getting to make sure you are taken care of. Also, you can absolutely send reports from DentiMax to excel without another product except for DentiMax and excel. I will have the training team reach out to you and make sure that you are comfortable doing so (it¿s super easy!). Thank you kindly!
October 6, 2016
January 11, 2018

“Dentimax Software”

ProsThis software integrates well within any dental practice, allowing the dentist to provide quality care proficiently and professionally.
ConsOverall, there is very little that I have to complain about our software. Once in a while our server is on the slow side, but not sure if that has to do with our internet or the software itself.
January 11, 2018
Katie A.
July 19, 2017

“Dentimax is a must!”

OverallEveryone over at dentimax is extremely friendly. Especially Alicia! She is great very kind and sweet and extremely helpful!
ProsIt is very user friendly and convenient, demos were very educational and helpful. If you go on youtube, there are a few videos that might answer any question you may have regarding the software. If you need help via phone, you can be certain that they will get back to you that same day. The user guide that they provide you upon purchase is extremely detailed and helpful as well.
ConsOther than a few glitches here and there, which I have found dentimax has fixed, I don't think that there are any cons that we have experienced with this software.
July 19, 2017
Marie M.
June 15, 2017

“Dentimax has made my job easier”

ProsI enjoy Everything this software has to offer! Were can you get an amazing value with such customization of use from a product, DENTIMAX.
ConsThere is nothing that I do not like about this product. The quality and ease is exceptional. I have used another BIG name software out there, and thought they were really good until I started using DENTIMAX!
Andrew d.
Information Technology and Services, 1-10 employees
June 3, 2019

“Perfect fit for any office!”

OverallTracking and following up with patients is extremely easy and the software helps the staff be more efficient in their roles. The inter messaging service reduces interuptions in the work flow and benefits privacy between the dentist and the staff.
ProsThe software is easily expandable, the appointment book pro is excellent and the support team has never let me down.
ConsThere is usually a large gap in between interface updates. But that is purely a cosmetic factor. Functionally, I have not found any limitations with the software.

By DentiMax Dental Software on June 19, 2019
Andrew, Thanks so much for taking the time to write a review on DentiMax! We are so glad that our software fits your needs and our relationship with you has been mutually enjoyable! Don't hesitate to reach out on anything we can help with!
June 3, 2019
Anita B.
December 13, 2017

“Dentimax practice management and clinical software”

ProsUser friendly, help at your fingertips: I love watching the U tube videos. Excellent clinical applications that integrate well with dentimax imaging. The practice management modules are excellent as well, allow for billing, and all financial reports needed to track productivity and revenue.
December 13, 2017
Meg D.
June 16, 2017

“Dentimax is a true partner for our dental practice.”

OverallDentimax is a great investment at a competitive price!
ProsThe system upgrade was smooth and on site training was spectacular. There are many features that allow efficiency in your practice.
ConsThere doesn't seem to be negatives, because support is there to help. Everything is streamlined resulting in a positive outcome.
June 16, 2017
May 21, 2013

OverallI made the move to DentiMax when my old program had become very unstable and the their support department was unable to help me in stabilizing my system; we were constantly doing "rebuilds" which were annoying and expensive! DentiMax was an easily affordable alternative for me, as I wasn't very excited to pay what it normally cost for a reputable practice management system that I could rely on to convert my data. DentiMax put me at ease and converted my data without much trouble. The price was nice, and the cost was a fraction of what it would have been if I had updated my old software. My staff was pleasantly surprised to see how much quicker they were able to chart existing restorations and new treatment in the back. My front office was impressed with the scheduler and the customizable reports they were able to create that gave them the exact information they were looking for from the software. I have also appreciated the open nature of DentiMax. I don't have to use their intraoral camera or their imaging software or their digital sensor or their anything! Dentimax will help me incorporate my peripheral equipment, rather than block those things out and force me to buy their own approved and overpriced proprietary devices. I would definitely recommend this software to anyone who is ready to regain control over their practice management software situation, become a little more free from their dental supplier, and the dictates of their software company. It is very intuitive and easy to use. I just don't have anything bad to say about it!
May 21, 2013
Zoya Z.
January 3, 2019

“Customer Support”

ProsRepresentative was great at explaining and guiding me through the Dentimax system. Although it was a lot to process, she made it simple to understand. At the end of the call, I was left with confidence and knowledge on how to overcome the obstacles I once encountered and on top of that, she provided help and support in areas I didn't know i needed help in. She went over and beyond the service I expected.
ConsSystem can be less complex and more straight to the point. At first glance its complicated and the format look out of date. The system could be more user friendly for less tech savvy users.

By DentiMax Dental Software on January 28, 2019
Hi Dr. Zak, Thanks so much for the review! I know you have new staff and we would love to get them more training. Please let us know when you can schedule that: training@DentiMax.com. Also, you are on an outdated version from 2013. We have upgrades to version 18 if you have time to take a look at that as well. Here is a link to the new look/features: https://youtu.be/rfqi6YdNjTg We¿re happy to help further however we can! Thank you, Alicia Dieujuste
January 3, 2019
Christopher L.
May 11, 2018

“Three years and DentiMax has performed well. A few minor glitches, but all workable.”

ProsCosts, very reasonable and even more so when compared to the big house suppliers. When is have issues, I get help quickly from technical support.
ConsSometimes opening the same patient on multiple workstations does not flow well. Not a big issue, but a little aggravating.
May 11, 2018
Phuu H.
Doctor
3.5/5
3.5/5
April 20, 2015

“Only to ones who have experience with practice managment softwares”

ProsDay to day function. Affordability and electronic claim generation.
ConsNot fully integrated even with own document center and imaging software. Claim submission is not what I expected. When we bought the software, we were told that it is integrated with electronic claim submission and electronic attachment submission. It seems not true anymore.
Recommendations to other buyersGIve time to figure everything out if you want a smooth sailing. Need a dedicated one in the office to call and solve things that came up during use.

By DentiMax Dental Software on September 13, 2016
Thank you for the feedback! DentiMax does offer tight E-Attachment & E-Claims integration through one of our partners. If you go to an outside source, you can still use the services, but it will not integrate seamlessly inside our program. Our integrated attachments is as easy as clicking through a column of buttons that walks you through each step of adding an attachment to your claim. Our E-Claims is as simple as clicking ¿Send E-claims¿ and your bulk claims or individual claim has been sent with just one click! If you aren¿t using the program in this way, be sure to call the training department and we will personally walk you through it. We want the process to be streamlined and easy for you in every way possible!
April 20, 2015
Nicholas R.
March 19, 2018

“Dentimax is great!”

OverallI have experience with other dental practice management software, but Dentimax is my favorite. I did my research before buying and even contacted some other dentists before making a decision to ask them about their experience with it. All of them had good things to say about Dentimax. I have been using it for about a year now and have no complaints.
ProsCustomer service is second to none. Software is very user friendly and packed with features. It does everything I need it to do and a lot more.
ConsI don't have any complaints really. It has been a very positive experience for myself and the rest of the office.
March 19, 2018
David S.
dscott@sunvtech.com
September 25, 2017

“Easy to USe”

ProsHow easy it is to implement and start using and the ability to integrate both imaging, PM and clinical
ConsThe database it uses is not a mainstream software, while their staff is experienced in it's use it is hard to get outside assistance.
September 25, 2017
Christopher L.
June 18, 2017

“Love DentiMax”

ProsGreat program, not too many glitches, runs smoothly. Complete package when combined with the sensors for radiography. Image quality is excellent.
ConsCertain functions get a little slow at times. Sensors a a little too thick for some patients to tolerate.
June 18, 2017