School Management Software Ratings

Overall
3.5/5

About School Management Software

Used in more than 3,500 schools, RenWeb provides 300+ core features and powerful integrated solutions that automate your school administration, classroom management, communication with the home. This web-based solution also offers a turnkey data conversion and setup process, comprehensive training, and live Customer Support. Learn more about School Management Software

Shannon F.
Enrollment Coordinator
October 14, 2016

“Constantly improving software for schools”

OverallWe use Renweb throughout our entire school. We use their basic Student Information System as well as their value added Online Application/Online Enrollment. Overall their system helps us accomplish much more than our past paper system, although we have frustrations about the functionality of the features and ease of use from time to time. Fortunately their customer service is too notch and there's never been a question or issue they haven't walked with us through. They are currently in the process of updating their entire system from a desktop version to a web-based. Once this transition is completed and the bugs are worked out, they will have a sleek, modern interface that isn't as clunky and is more user friendly. Their value added product of Online Application/Online Enrollment leaves a bit to be desired but is a cost effective solution. It is not as user friendly for the families going through the process and doesn't make it easy to simplify some of the steps. We've enjoyed working with Renweb so far and would recommend the software to another school that is willing to put in the time and resources to work with a company that is in the process of updating their systems.
ProsThe customer service is the best part of using Renweb. They have a lot of self-help articles and videos. If you are crunched for time or can't find the answer you need just call them and they are more than happy to walk you through the issue! Another great thing is to have everything you need to run a school in one system! That simplifies all of our lives. They've even developed an integration with FACTS to make billing streamlined!
ConsThe fact that Renweb is creating a new online system and going away from their desktop based system will be great once it's finished. Right now it's frustrating to be stuck between the two systems with some important features not functional online yet (I know because I have a mac and can't use the desktop version). Some aspects of Renweb are clunky and not well organized which can be frustrating when you are trying to figure something out and don't have a lot of time.
Recommendations to other buyersOverall I would say it's a great product for the value. The company really listens to the input of their customers and tries to make it a better experience. Just make sure you're willing to put in the time to learn how to use the software and that your teachers are willing to get on board!
October 14, 2016
Seth R.
July 8, 2016

“Powerful software but slow to innovate and address issues”

OverallI've been using RenWeb for five (5) years now and have a major love/hate relationship with it. It's expensive to get started and then expensive if you want to adjust anything. Thousands to add a custom logo to the report cards. The financial account system is not GAAP compliant and their response was "we're not an accounting software company." But if you're going to have the feature then do it right. The online teacher portal is not Chrome compliant and it took four years to get the Parent Portal working on Chrome. For two years I had to tell parents to run IE in compatability mode to get it to work. RenWeb1 (theire new online portal) was announced and pused 1.5 years ago and still is not functional. They promised an Android app when we signed up five years ago (it's only 3-6 months away - they promised) . It tooke 3 years to get it functional. They are extremely slow to inovate. Their modules do not integrate well. If you put something on your lesson plans on a specific date, only certain entries can be added automatically to your classroom calendar and then your gradebook. So for many things you have enter the same information 3 or 4 times to get it to each location. This results in frustration on the teachers part and lack of use. What keeps me with them are the tuition management module and the student (afterschool care) time clock. The student clock creates unique barcode scanner cards for authorized pickups to ensure the correct person is picking up the kids. This one feature is about the only thing that keeps me with RenWeb. There is no Google Apps for Education integration, but according to them "it's coming soon". The last time I heard that statement, it was three years. That's not soon.
ProsOne stop shop for multiple software applications
ConsSlow to innovate, expensive add ons, frustrating software functionality
Recommendations to other buyersLook at Alma if you can function without the student clock and use recognized accounting software for tuition management, I would do that.
July 8, 2016
Carrie S.
Librarian
May 14, 2019

“Everything A Teacher Needs!”

OverallMy overall experience has been a positive one. I have used this software in a couple of schools I've taught in. I enjoy using it and would recommend it to any fellow teachers as well as any future schools.
ProsWhat I like most about RenWeb is the fact that everything a teacher may need in document management is in one place. The teacher can write their lesson plans, use the software to enter grades and find everything they may need on their students all in one place. I like the fact that the lesson plans are easy for parents to see as well. They have made some good advances in the past year. They are making strides in keeping up with the way they appear and the flexibility they have implemented to allow the teacher to work from work and personal devices. I do know from personal experience that they want to put the best product out there and are not afraid to change to do it.
ConsThe thing I have liked least about this software is that they make some changes to the software in the year. I adjusted to some of their updates with ease only to find it has changed during the year. I can be a bit frustrating especially when those changes happen at the end of a school year. I'm glad they are evolving, the timing could be better.
May 14, 2019
Jamie B.
Elementary Vice Principal
February 28, 2018

“Renweb is all you need!”

OverallThe benefits of this software are too many to list. Renweb has taught me things on the administrative side that I did not even know I needed to learn. My teachers have their classroom information organized and can make their own customized reports if needed which is a huge benefit because not all students are the same.
ProsHaving all the information for our students literally at our fingertips has been a huge advantage in moving into the digital age. We can quickly look up everything we need and it tracks it for all students and families. Having the access to personal information, tracking emails, communications, grade book and calendars all in one spot has been my favorite parts of diving into this software.
ConsThe thing I really hate is when you go to a classroom and it pops up "communication has moved". I did not go there for communication but since it is the first alphabetically on the list, this error pops up every time. I just scroll down and click grade book so it is easy to get out of it. It is just annoying that I feel like it yells at me every day when I go to that section. Small annoyance really but still annoying.
February 28, 2018
August 8, 2019

“Saves a lot of money and easy to use!”

OverallWonderful!
ProsWorking for a small school means trying every way to save money and we were able to do that with this software.
ConsIt doesn't offer as many of the "bells and whistles" as other big-brand names do.
August 8, 2019
Freddie S.
Business Manager
June 23, 2017

“The best thing about RenWeb and FACTS is the customer service.”

OverallOur parents do not need to call our office as often, they can go straight to RenWeb and FACTS to see what is going on with their student and their account. It is transparent and user friendly to them.
ProsSince this software is so comprehensive it is great to be able to call the customer service number any time during the day. The customer service team is courteous, helpful and very knowledgeable. Using this software in addition to FACTS has also allowed us to pass on the same level of customer service to our students and families.
ConsThe transition has been difficult and it would have been helpful to have more integration, import export capability with Excel and have templates provided for this transition.
June 23, 2017
Jesse L.
January 29, 2019

“RenWeb app”

OverallI have used RenWeb for several years at my school and I'm really enjoying the new updates. It was a bit clunky before and is now quite smooth and intuitive.
ProsRenWeb online is fantastic. The way it is graphically organized makes it very simple and intuitive to access grades, report cards, contact parents and staff, see individual student information, Etc. I'm over all very happy with the software.
ConsThe RenWeb Android app really doesn't let you do much. I can access student information and take attendance, but that's pretty much it. It's not organized terribly well and is slow as well. I look forward to an updated version in the future as they have updated their website.
January 29, 2019
Eric K.
Chief Technology Officer
Education Management, 1001-5000 employees
January 30, 2019

“Excellent product for a VERY niche market”

ProsRenWeb is School Information System software. It allows the user to take attendance, track grades, generate report cards, as well as a HOST of other features. Very feature-rich. In years past, RenWeb sort of lost its way with not really understanding who its core customer was - K-12 schools. After the acquisition by FACTS, RenWeb has really turned the ship around.
ConsI do not like that FACTS is completely re-branding RenWeb as FACTS SIS. It doesn't sound as good. It looks like they're admitting failure. My preference would simply to be a major revision overhaul and re-branding with the same name.
January 30, 2019
Annie W.
Elementary Director
August 1, 2018

“Once I got the hang of it, Renweb is a great resource for classroom grades”

OverallOur entire school's information and grading is found in one system - it is connected and has everything I need for the gradebook aspect.
ProsI appreciate the functionality of renweb especially with grading. It is easy to align the grading system to the system you want for you classroom. Also, it allows parents to get connected to your student's progress.
ConsSometimes, certain features feel like they are 100 clicks away. Especially to send home messages through the program itself. I relied on my regular email far more often. Putting in behavior reports was also not my favorite feature.
August 1, 2018
Loren E.
Registrar
February 10, 2017

“great software, but complex”

OverallRenWeb is amazing. There are so many features and abilities that make our school run. We simply don't use everything RenWeb offers, but all of its core modules we use all the time. Its newest web interface is convenient and efficient. They do make continual improvements to the product, which I appreciate. There is a real learning curve associated with starting out implementing RenWeb. Their video training is good, and their customer support is great, but it's still a big undertaking. Teachers have a few key things to do in the system, and most of them will get up to speed quickly. Admisistrators have much more to do, and it just takes time to figure it all out.
Prosweb based, customer support
Consquirky (probably like any software)
February 10, 2017
Jeanne D.
Director of Advancement
May 25, 2017

“Great product. This can track everything we need at school.”

OverallWe are able to track all our school families, with notes and interactions and even distant family members. It has professionalized our database management efforts at our school.
ProsI like that flexibility of the database. It tracks families as groups, and as each individual separately. It allows me to "divorce" families and change things however I need.
ConsLike all advanced systems, it can be cumbersome to drill down to all the levels and use all its capabilities. But whether for simple users or expert ones, it seems to accomplish everything we need at our school.
May 25, 2017
Helen M.
Collections Manager
Non-Profit Organization Management, 51-200 employees
March 26, 2018

“I have used this software from beginning to now and have learned just about all areas of it.”

OverallOne central area to keep student information together.
ProsThis software has multiple sections that integrate with each other . This makes troubleshooting easier since you can actual get to the same area different ways. Also, once you get their support team they are awesome when it comes to helping you understand what you need done.
ConsNo area for emailing thread or contacting conversation with a co-workers on family balances. Also call in to many buttons to get software area needed.
March 26, 2018
Lisa P.
Front Office Manager
Education Management, 501-1000 employees
February 28, 2019

“RenWeb is, by far, THE BEST and most user friendly software out there for school management!”

OverallI have used RenWeb at several different schools I have been a part of and have yet to find it's equal. It is the best experience I have had with ANY school management software. It changed our schools for the better.
Pros-Easy to learn and navigate -Everything your school needs under one umbrella -Very user friendly -Quality and detail oriented -Simply stated - the best decision you could make for your school
ConsCustomer Service wait times were often a bit long.
February 28, 2019
Ella M.
Admissions Coordinator
February 4, 2016

“Program is Very Good, Customer Service is Excellent”

OverallThe benefits: Complete from inquiry to admissions to enrollment. Can tailor to suite needs with checklist items, automatic emails etc. Reports are easy to create. Cons: Inquiry reporting is separate from admissions and enrollment reporting. Would be helpful to have one report to show inquiries that moved to admissions that moved to enrolled/finished. The directions on RenWeb University seem scattered and I found it very difficult to learn the process for starting a new year and running through re-enrollment. I took the webinars which were very helpful, but I am a checklist person. So I called RenWeb many times to have them walk me through the process so I could write it down step by step. The Customer Service was a life saver! This is my first big project creating re-enrollment from scratch. From creating the enrollment packets to testing them and learning the process for release, your reps were patient, kind and so helpful. I called so many times I began to recognize their voices when they picked up! I could only imagine when they asked my name and district code they probably saw a list pages long with my name popping up! Oh her again. They never made me feel silly for calling so much and took the time to help me walk through step by step and explain things in a way I grasped. I knew that I could take a risk and click a button not being completely confident what would happen, because if it caused a problem, someone would be able to help me. They were a huge safety net. As a result, we released online re-enrollment/enrollment two days ago and the world has not collapsed! lol. Can't say enough. Thank you, thank you!
February 4, 2016
Kimberly L.
Development Director
March 8, 2018

“I love the new update.”

OverallI like that I can send email to the whole school or just one grade. Posting announcements are really easy.
ProsI like the new update and renweb one. The emailing is a lot easier and posting announcements. I am slowly learning how to use it more and more every day.
ConsI wish there was an app for administrators to be able to post from the phone or ipad. Having to have a desktop everytime is harder to do.
March 8, 2018
Lisa P.

“A Complete Solution”

OverallIt has been a wonderful tool. It allows us to have our gradebook, attendance log, health info, and behavior reports all within a single program.
ProsThis software is very versatile. It solves many of our issues.
ConsBecause it has so many facets, it can be a little difficult to navigate. Things are not located where I think they should be. I find the layout to be illogical.
Stacy S.
Admin Assistant
September 7, 2018

“RenWeb”

OverallIn general, it seems to work...and if we need something set up, customer service works with us to try to accommodate our needs and what we're looking for. This is strictly form an office perspective, I am not a teacher.
ProsBeing able to run reports and integrate details per each student
ConsI don't like how platforms and reports are different from the desktop to RenWeb1
September 7, 2018
Zainub A.
School Secretary
December 13, 2016

“School Management software”

Overallwe use this as our main communication resources , and it works great. we do our report cards and emergency contacts and name it and you can find the details. there are few new additions they keep adding which have some bugs but they work with us to help us out
Proseasy to communicate, and mobile app make life easier
Consit doesnt work well with google chrome, messes me up
Recommendations to other buyersi would really like if they work well on establishing it with google
December 13, 2016
Mike L.
June 27, 2017

“I love the application for smart phones. ”

ProsI love how quickly I can enter attendance and new grades. I also like the calendar feature with important school related dates.
ConsI only have an issue with setting up my classes each year. It would be nice to keep everything the same each year. Also it would be nice to see previous years lesson plans
June 27, 2017
Josh P.
School administartor
February 18, 2019

“A Good Resource for Schools”

OverallRenWeb 1 provides us with a school wide solution for behavior reports, attendance, medical records and gradebook.
ProsThis program allows us to meet multiple needs within one program.
ConsIt is a good program, but it takes time to learn your way around. It isn't an easy navigate.
Mariam R.
Business Manager
June 9, 2017

“We use Renweb for our new student enrollment, applications and grade processing.”

ProsRenweb has a key feature where it stores emails sent to parents for the past 6 months. This is helpful when trying to track who emails were sent to.
ConsThere are glitches in the system. It is hard to get technical support for issues as most time the IT department does not understand the issue.
June 9, 2017
nsubuga f.
systems developer
June 20, 2016

“A must product to use”

Overallam really glad to have such an amazing software like this cause it has helped me maximize the school profits and also helped me on the day today business experience
Prosthe school management and account billing is one of ma favorite
Consit lucks some modules that might have been good for me
Recommendations to other buyersso far just add the missing modules then it will be perfect
June 20, 2016
Leslie K.
October 6, 2016

“Buyer's Remorse. ”

OverallRenweb is a disaster. 1. The default date setting for all documents your teachers and staff go to the trouble to upload and make accessible to students and parents is ONE DAY. You read that right. You didn't know your staff would go to the trouble to upload something for just 24 hours, but that is what Renweb thinks, and refuses to change. Their default should be a one week date range. In what universe would anyone want documents to disappear in 24 hours? In the Renweb universe only. You must remember to change the date when you upload it. 2. Renweb will not set a default for any links you click within Renweb open in a new tab, claiming that is a function of your browser. But many, many websites set their links to be either pop-ups or new tabs. Renweb will not. 3. No flexibility on naming links on the website you pay them for. If you want to use Lesson Plans for Assignments, forget about naming it correctly for YOUR school. Your parents and students will have to use their pre-named tabs, whether or not that applies to your school. Forget about any customization for the big bucks you pay. 4. 'Resources' as a link name is used twice, which is very confusing to parents and students, and unnecessary, given there are many words in the English language. Why not name the Class tab for Resources, 'Documents'? Because that is what it is. Then the other Resources, in the menu column, will be distinct, and for schoolwide resources. 5. Email formatting is abysmal; some kind of primitive html form that yields automatic spacing (not visible to the sender) between paragraphs and an ugly font; there is now a Communications Beta, so perhaps that will address the sheer ugliness of their email formats. There is much more disappointment awaiting you in the inflexible Renweb, but after spending my morning untangling yet another problem, I need to get to mission-critical tasks. Yes, they get high marks for customer service from many users, but that customer service is necessary to compensate for all the inherent issues. I am so sorry we invested in Renweb. Unnecessarily complicated to interface with, while yielding emails that look like they were created ten years ago. An odd combination of behind the scenes 'sophistication' with primitive-looking email communications with parents/ students.
October 6, 2016
Nicole K.
Education Management, 1-10 employees
September 9, 2019

“Great product for parents and students”

ProsI enjoy using it to check on my children and communication with teachers is such an ease.
ConsIt would be nice to see the app with the ability for the teacher to take pictures for parents to view.
September 9, 2019
Michael M.
Director of Strategy Analytics
Hospital & Health Care, 1001-5000 employees
April 2, 2019

“Very powerful, irreplaceable ”

OverallContinuous automation development to deliver data in many different ways.
ProsThis software has been in existence for many years and continues to get better with each release.
ConsI don't really have any criticisms if this application.
April 2, 2019
Heidi d.
Preschool Director
December 5, 2018

“RenWeb”

OverallLike all school management software, it has its benefits and challenges.
ProsI like having an all in one system. We can pull reports, make labels, etc. I can communicate with all parents at once and create smaller classroom groups.
ConsIt is difficult to sometimes figure out how to pull a report with the things you are looking for. It takes a bit of trial and error to find what you're looking for and sometimes I give up. I also don't like that you can't customize an emergency sheet for each student to get the data on that sheet that I'm looking for and not just a template.
December 5, 2018
Robb J.
Technology Specialist
May 6, 2019

“Lots of features, with room for improvement”

Proslots of features & options for our school, some customization, dependable
Consclunky UI, non-intuitive layout & interface, company keeps changing & not always ready for the rollout....
May 6, 2019
Janna F.
Director of Education
Non-Profit Organization Management, 51-200 employees
December 12, 2018

“RenWeb Grading System”

OverallAlthough they are improving, my overall satisfaction with RenWeb is low.
ProsThis software is relatively affordable for schools. I like that you can send weekly progress reports to parents to keep them in the loop.
ConsThe functionality of RenWeb is poor. It is not teacher frindly and doesn't have many of the features that teachers would like.
December 12, 2018
Benjamin T.
April 12, 2018

“Simplistic, yet advanced”

ProsThis grading software is easy to use, allows teachers to easily copy assignments across multiple classes and posts homework on the web for parents to see. The smartphone app is another added bonus. It is very user friendly and works very well for an app based grading system.
ConsThere are always features that can be added and would be nice to have. For example, I would like to be able to more easily post hyperlinks in the homework section so that my students can access things on Google Drive.
April 12, 2018
Accounting, Self-employed
March 18, 2019

“Report card emails are good”

OverallIt may not completely be RenWeb's fault that I don't care for them but a combination with the schools that have used it. I have had my children at two different schools who both used RenWeb and I have never figured out what the heck we are supposed to use it for. We get weekly automatic emails that generate our child's report card which is clear and easy to access but the site itself is confusing and not easy to use.
ProsReport card emails are clear and clean
ConsNavigation is frustrating and confusing I don't fully understand its purpose Clunky program
March 18, 2019
Jeffrey B.
IT Technician
Education Management, 201-500 employees
March 4, 2019

“Renweb was a lifesaver!”

OverallRenweb has really helped us to maintain our student database, including grades, attendance, and demographic information.
ProsRenweb is really nicely laid out which makes it easy to use and train our teachers.
ConsThe mobile app could use some attention. But it's nice that the functionality on phones is there.
March 4, 2019
chaya g.
February 12, 2019

“Making Progress”

ProsHas a lot of features Is a one stop shop
ConsWant communications to have mail merge capabilities. A little more intuitive,
February 12, 2019
Amy S.
Administrative Asst.
Religious Institutions, 51-200 employees
November 14, 2018

“Helpful for Teachers and Parents”

OverallRenweb has been a good step forward for our small, private school to connect teacher's to parents and the information both are looking for.
ProsThe best part of Renweb is the web based setup that gives teachers an easy way to give information to families in real time.
ConsSome of the navigation is tricky. Recently I had trouble accessing class listing in a way that made sense to me. I couldn't remember the teacher and there wasn't an easy option to sort the view by class subjects.
November 14, 2018
Marisa T.
April 21, 2018

“Simple, east to use with a good amount of functions and features”

ProsSaves grades and comments automatically, is very easy to use and set up, and allows for assignments to easy be posted and viewable to anyone who has access.
ConsFormatting and the automatic saving can be a catch-22. If you accidentally click on another student and hit different numbers, it can change a grade and save automatically. If you do this and do not recognize it, it can become a problem.
April 21, 2018
Rachel H.
April 18, 2018

“Very basic functionality, but intuitive”

ProsIt was very easy to learn all the features of the software and implement its use across a wide number of teachers and parents.
ConsThe mobile app experiences a lot of loading lags. I also had several issues with documents not uploading correctly.
April 18, 2018
Hector M.
Data Manager
March 6, 2018

“Complete school suite with great customer service”

OverallRenWeb is a good option for K-12 schools, but it does require a full-time manager within the school.
ProsThe package is very comprehensive for running a school, including admissions, simple financials, scheduling, course management...
ConsLittle-to-no integration with Google (Classroom, email, calendar...). The learning curve seems steep for both admins and teachers, but the company is in the process of releasing a better interface that should help with that. THe UI look is a bit lackluster, though not a huge factor for us.
March 6, 2018
Sister Dennis T.
Scheduler and SIS manager
January 29, 2016

“For the most part, I feel that RenWeb is intuitive as far as Student Information Systems go”

OverallI have been using RenWeb since 2008-2009. Usage is generally easy as most things are rather intuitive. As the person in charge of the system for scheduling and report cards, I have come up against some issues over the years. However, the strongest feature of this program is the Customer Support. I have utilized their services on more occasions than I can remember, often because some tasks are only done once a year and are not as familiar as those done with regularity. Any time I have contacted Support, the individuals have been friendly, knowledgeable, professional and have either given me a solution immediately or have gone the extra mile to turn the problem over to programmers or other support personnel who were better able to solve the problem. I can confidently say that I have never been left without a resolution and have been the beneficiary of special instructions to fit our particular situation. The Customer Support for RenWeb is one of the strongest selling points in my estimation and I have worked with other Student Information Systems for nearly 30 years before we started using RenWeb. Keep up the great job!
January 29, 2016
Jeffrey T.
Teacher / Analyst
Primary/Secondary Education, 201-500 employees
January 10, 2017

“Renweb basically works, though it shows its age.”

OverallRenweb appears to have been developed on a PC years ago at a private religious school in Texas and has expanded since then to be the go-to system for conservative Christian schools. It shows its age but basically works well. Not for Mac! and Not for overseas (that is, it had no provision for A4 paper or date-format or multiple currencies). It has elaborate grade-calculation settings and reasonably good attendance and grade-input methods. E-mail communication from teachers to students & parents is reasonably well done. Ironically, we missed all these basic functions when our administration switched to a glitzy new facebook-like system. Renweb recently merged with a finance company, so it is not clear how that will affect this core business--maybe better, maybe not.
ProsAll the basic teacher / admin functions are covered reasonably well. The system is stable.
ConsOld look, Windows bias.
Recommendations to other buyersIt gets the job done.
January 10, 2017
Janice S.
June 26, 2015

“Pretty good”

OverallWe've been using this for several years now. I like it for the most part, but our business manager has trouble getting the detail he needs for financial reporting. Teachers sometimes have problems posting to report cards, but like the grade book and lesson plans. Parents love that they can keep track of grades, accounts, etc. online. The help desk is usually pretty good at responding and getting issues resolved. The also have several options for contacting them, which is handy. There are some inconsistencies in how it handles data, eg. lets one put anything in a date field, then abends in another area when it goes to display the date. Most of the functionality is included in the base price, which is based on enrollment, but customization, which might be nice for reports, is a hefty monthly cost. At an added cost, we can text/email/voice call the parents with notifications (good for snow days!). This is definitely worth the cost! While the base price includes email, many parents don't read email, so texting is a great advantage, esp. when we really need to get in touch with them.
June 26, 2015
Christie N.
Parent
May 16, 2017

“Very enjoyable product”

Overall
ProsIt is very easy to navigate. It is simple yet effective. It has all of the information you could possibly need at your fingertips and it's all easy to find.
ConsI don't think I have any real complaint about this software - it's organized well enough to keep parents current generally or for specific events.
May 16, 2017
Md Siful I.
teacher
Education Management, 501-1000 employees
September 19, 2016

“School management software with accounting”

OverallExcellent management ,I think that without this kind of software, we can't be able to drive our any classes bus: Indus: academy.We it is a must devices for us.
ProsPure accounting
September 19, 2016
March 24, 2019

“Great School Information System for small schools or school that are starting out with an SIS. ”

ProsIt is one of the more affordable options out there and includes most needed features in the basic plan.
ConsAlthough it is improving-and I am hopeful that this continues-it does not integrate well with other platforms. There are also areas there are not well-developed. For example, announcements, resources, etc. can only be made available to the entire school or district. It would be easy to implement and extremely helpful if these could be made available by grade levels.
March 24, 2019
Jonathan K.
Education Management, 1-10 employees
September 4, 2019

“Great for parents!”

OverallThey have been great to work with and customer service is sufficient too.
ProsI enjoy the ease in which I can communicate with teachers. It is nice that the school can send a quick text to keep me in the loop too!
ConsIt would be nice if the app did not cost money.
September 4, 2019
Lisa C.
Performance Manager
Retail, 51-200 employees
September 17, 2018

“Renweb”

ProsThe software allows a lot of information to be stored for access for students, administration and parents. Helpful that can great folders on different topics.
ConsNot easy to use for parents. Could use an update to the look.
September 17, 2018
Matthew F.
Systems Administrator
Primary/Secondary Education, 51-200 employees
August 3, 2018

“Not very reliable and customer support is weak.”

OverallHelped us get through a time when there were not many other alternative solutions.
ProsThey are always coming up with new features and they finally made web browser based user portals.
ConsThe software is normally pretty bad. The web browser interfaces are very different among different browsers. There always seems to be an issue with the reliability of data entry/access or some sort of new technical issue that they can't determine the cause to or replicate the issue for when you call support.
August 3, 2018
Outsourcing/Offshoring, 201-500 employees
June 26, 2018

“I used Renweb throughout middles chool and high school as a student an my parents used it as well”

ProsWhat I liked the most about this website, is that we we were able to check our grades as soon as the teacher uploaded the grade
ConsWhat I like the least is the fact that as a parent it can be very confusing to use and also has way too many tabs
June 26, 2018
Chase D.
April 5, 2018

“I use RenWeb as a teacher in a independent school. ”

ProsRenweb's menu layout is very organized and user friendly. Classes can be color coded to ease in distinguishing between sections of a class. There are numerous sorting options for sorting a teacher's grade book.
ConsRenweb does have some flaws in my opinion in its user interface. One that jumps out at me each day is that different functions (Switching from grade book to student records) opens in a new tab. This may seem petty, but with no option to disable this, it becomes quite annoying.
April 5, 2018
Elizabeth M.
Data Integrity Coordinator
December 6, 2018

“Not a fan”

OverallI have not been very impressed when working with RenWeb. I find that it is not intuitive, and has a number of unnecessary issues that make it difficult to use. I don't recommend it.
ProsI've had good experiences with customer support.
ConsRunning reports out of RenWeb is a pain, and you are extremely limited on what information you can filter in order to get the report that you need/want. Also, if you enter a payment prior to the charge being added to the account, that charge will not be automatically cleared once it is on the account. You can have a credit on the account, but charges will still show as being not cleared, which, in turn, skews your accounting reports.
December 6, 2018
Amy W.
College & Academic Counselor
April 12, 2016

“One Stop Shop”

OverallThe only cons I've found with RenWeb is more about me not having the time to truly explore it and learn the in's and out's. There is so much it can do but...the reality is, we don't always have the time to just "play" with it. I'm new to my role this year so I'm doing tasks and running reports for the very first time...which is daunting. Fortunately, your team of customer support personnel are amazingly helpful and have always been super supportive and have happily walked me through the task at hand. I can't tell you how much that means when you're a bit overwhelmed and under a deadline. THANK YOU!! Hope to meet some of you at the Power Conference if I get to attend (keeping my fingers crossed on that).
April 12, 2016
Marisa C.
Admin
August 30, 2018

“School database system ”

ProsIt has many detailed features and can have most items under one program
ConsHas many glitches, not easy to use, too detail oriented, and hard to teach others to use. Can not customize to school needs
August 30, 2018