ThinkWave Educator Ratings

Overall

About ThinkWave Educator

Gradebook software for teachers to manage the most important elements of teaching. Learn more about ThinkWave Educator

George C.
August 16, 2017

“Some quirks but over all time saver”

ProsBeing able to show my students exactly what they need to do to pull them up to their desired grade is fantastic. Knowing instantly what a student's work has done for them and showing the student is a great motivator. Showing parents who complain about their student's grades is great too, there's no ambiguity, the numbers are there. The weighting and bonus grades allow some flexibility to reward students who make that extra effort.
ConsThe custom grade scale is an absolute nightmare. My board (and indeed education ministry) uses Levels, not letter grades. 1-, 1, 1+ etc. Because Thinkwave takes the average of the gap between the minimum grade needed to achieve a level and the minimum of the next one, to get a fair number takes a lot of math work, which hurts this English teacher's brain. Example. 3+ should be worth about 77.5. In order to get that, I have to make the minimum grade for it 76 and the max 80. When a student fails I don't want to necessarily just give a 0, sometimes 10 or 20% on the major assignment can make a huge difference. If I want to make a grade of 20, I need to create a grade called 20 with a minimum of twenty and then create a blank grade (___) with a grade of 20.000001. Doing this for 10, 20, 30, 40 and 45 is rather obnoxious and takes up a lot of room in the drop down menu. The same goes when you try and make a check grade. If a 0 is entered it actually gives the student a 25 because it's halfway between 0 and the next grade, a 50. Took me a while to figure out that you need to enter the grade as incomplete to get a 0. Missing discounts the grade from the averaging entirely but makes you aware it is missing, and excused does the same. Kinda strange. Be nice if there was some documentation to go with the custom grading so I didn't have to figure this all out via trial and error.
August 16, 2017
Victor R.
Teacher
Education Management, 1-10 employees
May 13, 2019

“Thinkwave Gradebook Pros and Cons ”

OverallMy overall experience with thinkwave has been a very fun adventure
ProsWhat I Loved about thinkwave was being able to organize all your assignments, Being able to create more than just ONE class I taught and I am teaching 5 different subjects and I've had a blasted unlike other gradebooks I'm able to show my students exactly were they are at grade wise I am able to show them EXACTLY what had caused them to drop from a 98 to a 65 in just seconds so Think wave can be very helpful to not just students but families as well.
ConsAll in all although thinkwave is great I questioned why it doesn't have its own discipline system because I mean personal experience I don't have time to stop a mini lesson to go through desk drawers and folders just to fill out a discipline referral Form. When if thinkwave were to have it I can A still teach and B it's not as difficult All i have to do is full it out on the grade book it self one last thing I really wish thinkwave allowed teachers to submit grades.
May 13, 2019
Ms. B.
Academic Dean,
E-Learning, 11-50 employees
October 9, 2018

“Great Product and Amazing Service.”

OverallNever before has it been easier for students to know their grades and how they are performing in the class more so then it is now. Thinkwave makes it exceptionally easy for students to see what assignments they are missing, how they are performing, and their overall grade in the class.
ProsThinkwave also makes it very easy for us to lay out our 18-week course, which we separate into three six week course effortlessly.
ConsStudents have instant access to how they are doing in class. They have very professional customer service as well. Any questions we had were answered promptly; which was most appreciated.
October 9, 2018
Donnie H.
Assistant Director
Education Management, 11-50 employees
October 20, 2018

“Enhanced Our Ability To Communicate”

ProsThinkwave has been an outstanding addition to our summer program. Never before has communication with students and teacher been more seamless and effortless the with Thinkwave. Thinkwave improved enhanced our educational system in some ways. Such as: Thinkwave made it easy for parents and students to have access to how their kids were doing Students were able to monitor their assignment and grades There is a much smoother level of communication Student information is held for years
ConsIf you are looking for software that will improve your teaching experience and make it more transparent for teachers, students and parents then this is a program worth using.
October 20, 2018
Curt P.
September 18, 2018

“A truly immersive and user-friendly app”

OverallWe found this program to be incredibly beneficial for not only our teachers and staff but also our students. Students can look into their grade book in real-time. Students can see what assignments they missed and take better control of their grades and education. This is a skill we believe will serve them very well in later grades.
Prosstreamlined dozens of records and task into one central location keeping track of grades and attendance has never been easier
ConsSome students can hack their grades.....
September 18, 2018
Jim D.
Tobacco, 11-50 employees
October 14, 2018

“How Did We Function Before Without Thinkwave”

ProsThis is genuinely an amazingprogram that helps you have a much better control over the deluge of information you must deal with on a daily basis. It can be a challenging endeavor having to keep up to date on so much information, and this program takes that burden off your back.
ConsWhat I love about Thinkwave is the idea that I can upload assignments for all students to see. I found nothing wrong with this program, and I highly recommend it.
October 14, 2018
Matthew L.
executive director
Hospitality, 11-50 employees
September 5, 2018

“Time Abundance Like Never Before”

OverallWe have gained a considerable amount of time due to Thinkwave. Before using Thinkwave, we were strenuously and arduously recording all our records MANUALLY. You can imagine the time that was lost.
ProsA host of records such transcripts, grades, attendance and so much more can be completed as well as printed with a few clicks. This saves us money and more importantly TIME.
ConsWe have found no flaws or anything to complain about. Truly an excellent product
September 5, 2018
Mary S.
IT officer
October 17, 2018

“Maintaining Information Has Never Been Easier”

ProsThis program is exceptionally convenient and very easy to use. It allows teachers to add assignments as well as enter grades easily. Furthermore, the technical staff (the customer support) is stellar.
ConsThis is a system that is extremely easy to use and gives teachers more time to manage assignment and grades much more effectively. This is indeed the way of the future in regards to learning and educating.
October 17, 2018
Benito M.
Translator / teacher
Translation and Localization, Self-employed
June 9, 2018

“A great tool for any busy teacher!”

OverallThe lesson planning process becomes easier. I can easily check and share students progress.
ProsLesson planning has never been that easy! Excellent for keeping track of students' performance. A nice tool to make teacher's job more enjoyable.
ConsIt needs improvements in the grade systems ASAP. Unfortunately, technical support is too poor. No answers to emails at all.
June 9, 2018
Van W.
IT Executive
September 28, 2018

“Changed Our Grading System For The Better”

OverallWe honestly have no idea how we ever managed without Thinkwave. This program has made it almost effortless to keep track of assignments, grades, staff, attendance, reports and so much more paperwork which initially consumed so much time. Thinkwave is so much more than just a tool for teachers, it is also a great communication app that helps us stay ahead and on top to provide the best education possible. We highly recommend this program to others as it will change your education information system dramatically.
ProsVery easy to learn User-Friendly Streamlines all your reports Tracks attendance, grades, lessons, and assignments
ConsWe did have access to it earlier (but we have forgiven them for that)
September 28, 2018
Andrew F.
IT officer
September 10, 2018

“Perfect Grading System”

Overalljust want to say . it's Perfect Grading System
Pros*straightforward software to install *free of browser plug-ins
Cons*No cons. Great software , easy to use .
September 10, 2018
Aquirra RoEve L.
Art Teacher
Education Management, 201-500 employees
September 15, 2019

“Catch The ThinkWave”

ProsThis software allows access to grades by teachers, admins, parents, and students alike. It makes keeping track of grades easy and hassle free, so inquiries about them can be answered swiftly.
ConsDepending on your grading system, if its non-traditional for example, it can cause some confusion.
September 15, 2019
Sean W.
December 4, 2015

“Reliable grading”

OverallEasy to use and deploy. Cloud-based, so I can use on my iPad and school desktop. Does assignment type weighting. Also lets me upload and collect homework. Messaging could be better with automatic emails on demand. But does send weekly update emails.
December 4, 2015
Colleen M.
Provider support
July 21, 2018

“I didnt prefer the product, it seemed very limited.”

ProsAcoounts were very easy to set up and begin using. Data also seemed easy to input. It had a free option.
ConsIt didnt have a very detailed format amd when printing a report alot of space was wasted by extra spacing.
July 21, 2018
Grace C.
Teacher
November 9, 2015

“NO Customer Service”

OverallI think this could be a good program. I was very excited about using it and very excited about the price. I purchased it and got help one day and now no one will call me and no one will answer emails. This stinks. I just need a few questions answered but instead my report cards are late because they will not call me. I have left my name and number all week and NOTHING. I;ve sent in an email and NOTHING!!!
November 9, 2015