DirectLine Ratings

Overall

About DirectLine

Reduce maintenance and inventory costs while boosting efficiency - all for a low monthly fee. With Directline Web-based EAM/CMMS service, you get an advanced maintenance management solution that can be scaled easily, whether you have a few users in one site or hundreds of users in multiple plants in several time zones. Backed by unlimited training and support, DirectLine boasts 25 years of successful implementations. No wonder 99% of users say DirectLine meets their needs year after year. Learn more about DirectLine

Denise K.
Asst Director of Budget & Planning - Facilities
June 6, 2017

“We are a College campus using DirectLine since 2012. The Mobile app in 2017.”

ProsMegamation has been able to customize DirectLine for our situation. We've been able to set up On-Demand inspections that will create a work order if a deficiency is found. Great for dorm room and mechanical equipment inspections. Their Mobile app that allows maintenance workers access to their work orders from a smart device (Kindle or phone).  The adoption of mobile work request system eliminates the printed copies, allows for receipt of work requests in the field, and improves staff productivity by refocusing time spent on paperwork to time spent in the field. I find their customer service/help desk to be very responsive and quickly solve whatever issue we may have.
ConsBecause the software is customize-able, it took us a while to understand our real needs and how we could make the software work best for us. It was very helpful when Megamation put us in contact with a retired College Facilities person that understood the DirectLine system and the needs of a college system.
June 6, 2017
Bryan C.
Lead Engineer

“Review - Elkay Mfg”

OverallThe program is very good for smaller users or users with few locations. As long as the program is setup correctly it is easy to use and users can work with it right away. We have been successfully using it for four years now and have increased the number of users each year.
ProsProgram is very simple the learn and use. I have setup new plants / users in as little as 3 months time. Most users report the program being simple to use with a short learning curve. Customer support is helpful and available via phone or online 'shadowing' which also helps users with training. Most of my requests for customization have been completed with little or no charge in a very short time. Administration of the program is very easy. I can update user profiles, and/remove functionality and perform many other customizations without contacting DirectLine. We don't own anything so there is no hardware to maintain and upgrade over time. We don't need to maintain the software either as maintenance is included in the annual service agreement. This reduces the burden on our IT staff.
ConsAs a large user the cost approaches that of a purchased system especially when looking at the cost over several years. The system is a stand alone installation and is not integrated with our ERP software. This has made it difficult to use the pruchasing and inventory modules available in the program. System does not currently give us the ability to query all of our plants at once. We have to run multiple reports and merge the data. Limited availability of KPIs or visual reporting. Export data has to be manipulated in Excel to produce charts and graphs; the raw data is difficult to interpret quickly.
Frank S.
Control Engineer
Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 201-500 employees
July 12, 2018

“Great software and support. They are always willing (and able!) to work with you, whether its a problem or enhancements.”

OverallWe've been actively using Megamation for all of our facilities since 2010 and haven't looked back since. I recommend Megamation without reservation; try it.
ProsThis is a powerful, full featured, world-class, CMMS system quite able to handle all that you can throw at it. Support is outstanding. Where they really shine is; As our business needs change, they listen and respond accordingly. This isn't something you find elsewhere. It has features we haven't yet even used, but plan to as we grow.
ConsNot much not to like. Online documentation is at times, vague or not current. But, all you need to do is give them a call to clear something up.
July 12, 2018
Joan S.
Maintenance Clerk
Facilities Services, 201-500 employees
July 25, 2016

“CTB, Inc., Maintenance Clerk Megamation Review”

OverallMegamation DirectLine has been easy to pick up and run with. On the rare occasion that I need help the Customer Service Tech team has never failed to have me back up and running in a very short time frame.
ProsI can't say enough about the Technical Support Team. They are very knowledgeable, polite and always willing to help. I also like that it is a lease product. To keep a good customer base requires satisfied customers. Good concept!
ConsOccasionally we need to have a special request done by a programmer, but, there again, this company make it as smooth as possible.
Recommendations to other buyersTake a good look at this product. We have looked and many and used another. Megamation DirectLine is working very well for us.
July 25, 2016
Rob M.
Maintenance Worker
Hospital & Health Care, 501-1000 employees
January 15, 2018

“Great Customer / Tech support”

ProsI like that it is a program for creating work orders and not a different program that has this feature added to it. I like the work order console concept and how it presents your WOs to you, arranged how you like it. I like having multiple windows open while I am working on different things. The team behind this program is very very helpful. They are always willing to help and teach, regardless of the issues. This is the best part of the program.
ConsI am the go-to guy in the shop for this stuff. I am learning it as I go with the help of the support team. When I first started to use the program as a user it fount it was a little clumsy. Not being able to "double click" on the description of the work order to open it. Having to close the "View work order" screen and open and "Close work order" screen to close it when the work order was done. Opening multiple windows and navigating through them was not something that came easily, but now that I know its obvious. This program is great and can do lots but for the person who turns the wrench it can be a little too much for what they need it to be, for now.
January 15, 2018
Joe B.
Director of Facilities
Government Administration, 201-500 employees
July 20, 2018

“Megamation Directline CMMS”

OverallThe Customer service is world class, Training either onsite or remotely is accomplished very well and at minimal cost
ProsEase of use and ability to customize reports, the inventory module is set up well, KPI reports are very customization friendly for predictive maintenance planning
ConsPhoto inclusion is a bit clunky and difficult to utilize smoothly, cost per module is initially a selling point but as the system is setup it would be better to have all modules available.
July 20, 2018
Terry M.
Hospital & Health Care, 201-500 employees
June 2, 2017

“Megamation - a great resource to us, we use it primarily for Work Orders, Equipment inventory and PM”

Overalltracking work orders, tracking equipment repairs, prompts for Preventative Maintenance, daily, weekly , monthly.
ProsEase of use and customer support, the Megamation staff are always proactive they call us regularly to see if there is anything we need, whenever we have a question they are always prompt and helpful
ConsI have no complaints, we only use a small portion of Megamation's capabilities, I'd like the font to be larger. Other than that I am a very happy user.
June 2, 2017
Pamela T.
CMMS Admin/M&R Planner
Packaging and Containers, 51-200 employees
June 14, 2017

“Love the support staff. Always an answer quickly. I can't say I've ever been disappointed.”

OverallOrganization, history, tracking.....list is long.
ProsThe software is suited to best fit the needs of my company. As we grow this software grows with it. When we first started the set up it was with a second facility in mind.
ConsThe only thing that needs improvement is the reporting. Its very general. It is easy but I'd like to have my weekly reporting export directly into a chart set up. Maybe better training.
June 14, 2017
David T.
Maintenance Reliability Supervisor

“Saralee Lips Reveiw”

OverallHighly recommend, Great tool, user friendly, great tech support always will to change and modify application to meet our needs. I use this tool everyday for maintenance work flow management, inventory tracking and purchasing. I have worked industrial maintenance for 25 years and by far this is the best CMMS tool I have used.
Pros Module based application Total inventory control; able to link inventory to equipment and assets, also able to issue inventory to work orders. Purchasing Module, able to generate purchase orders (auto reorder) based on min max levels pm and work order interface, able to attach Microsoft word and excel docs to work orders and pm's. Maintenance shift log, maintenance personnel are able to document work completed on there log approved by there supervisor. (Great function) Maintenance KPI (KEY PROFORMACE INDICATERS) the system auto tracks KPI on a work order console dash board, Great function able to drill down to specific Equipment and people. The following are some we track. 1. Time planned 2. Time scheduled 3. Time documented 4. Inventory turn 5. PM Completion 6. % Maintenance down time. This alone has pushed our TPM (total productive Maintenance) Program ahead.
ConsI have no complaints, most maintenance organization only use 30% of there CMMS. We use 95% of our system and have problems that are not addressed immediately.
Kevin B.
Business Analyst
Philanthropy, 501-1000 employees
July 27, 2018

“Highly functional application - terrific customer service response and flexibiliy”

ProsGreat customer service, including unlimited training, prompt response and flexibility in developing and implementing changes to enhance functionality and user experience
ConsThe software (administrative portion) is not the easiest to use and the reporting is a bit clunky. In terms of ease of use - this application has extensive functionality and, in my experience, it is difficult to make such applications "completely" friendly to users who don't have a level of experience working with CMMS systems, so I don't consider this a drawback.
Richard W.
Environmental Services Coordinator
Government Administration, 11-50 employees
December 5, 2017

“Drinking Water and Wastewater Operations Maintenance recording made easy”

OverallShopped around for a CMMS application for almost a year, we consider this a solid platform for our maintenance programs.
ProsHelp is always available, affordable alternative to an expensive software suite. Screens are easy to navigate.
ConsThere was a bit of a learning curve for some staff who did not use the system on a frequent basis, but support was available.
December 5, 2017
Ralf A.
Assistant Plant Manager
501-1000 employees
January 27, 2017

“DirectLine - Direct Success”

OverallWe are thrilled with DirectLine so far. The system is very user friendly and as we trained all our managers, supervisors and group leaders, we haven't missed a beat in creating work orders. We have also started up PM programs in several departments (with all documents needed scanned into the system) and we are now working on generating reports. The support from your team has been tremendous. All changes we have requested has been granted and every question we have had, has been answered. We are eagerly looking forward to what the future is bringing.
ProsUser friendly, great support.
ConsNothing we dislike at this time.
Recommendations to other buyersNot at this time.
January 27, 2017
Kevin H.
Facilities Supervisor
Semiconductors, 5001-10,000 employees
June 5, 2017

“My experience with DirectLine has been very positive”

OverallI have a very good idea of what maintenance activities are being done in my group. It's straight forward to schedule the maintenance.
ProsThe software works well and predictably. I appreciate the support I have received from DirectLine. Having 24 hour support is fantastic. The support Staff is always helpful and they are quick to fix my issues.
ConsToo many mouse clicks for a scheduler/superuser. I think they could do a better job making some of the redundant tasks more streamlined.
Rick B.
Manager - Facilities Operations
March 3, 2011

“CBU MegaMation Implementation”

OverallOver the past 5 years I would estimate that I have recommended MegaMation to 50 organizations. The highest recommendation that I can reference is that the use of MegaMation was a condition of my accepting the position that I am in now.
ProsThis is my second launch of MegaMation in a facilities application. The previous instance was in a hospital setting and it went smoothly as well. Both applications were customized to meet my specific needs and this is an evolving process; not just an initial start-up service. Often they have had a better idea about how to meet my specific requests, sometimes in ways I hadn't even considered, and other times we've both had to go back to the drawing board. The outcome is always consistent though, we always get what we need.
ConsIn both places that I have used MegaMation, it is hard for the IT people and Privacy people to wrap their heads around the concept of off-site servers and not "buying" the software. The best analogy one can use is that we all use on-line banking with our personal information out there in an off-site server and we don't own the software.
March 3, 2011
Terry M.
Hospital & Health Care, Unspecified

“Megamation”

ProsWe use the software for work orders, equipment lists, repairs, and tracking, the software has tons of applications to choose from and the support from the staff is exceptional.
ConsThere is nothing I dislike about the software
Recommendations to other buyersI think that when you compare this with other Management software you will find that for the price, for the expertise and ease of operation it will be hard to beat. The staff frequently contact me to see how we are making out with the software, and they have done this from the start, they have provided me with several web training sessions
Alex A.
plant manager
Glass, Ceramics & Concrete, 11-50 employees
June 5, 2017

“Fantastically versatile, exceptional customer service and support for even the smallest issues.”

OverallAllows us the benefits of keeping up to date on all things maintenance, allowing improved equipment availability.
ProsEffectively made this a one stop shop to provide a tool kit to maintenance and engineering, for any industrial environment. It is also configurable to our needs.
ConsCan be a little overwhelming at first until your organization understands it's abilities and how you want to use them.
Casey H.
Primary/Secondary Education, Unspecified
3.5/5
June 22, 2016

“Helps us stay organized”

ProsCustomers now have a single path to get their needs met. This has allowed us to properly organize our time.
ConsSome of the modules in the product are unnecessary for us.
Recommendations to other buyersBe sure the vendor is assessable by all your staff. Is there a number any staff member can call for tech support? Can tech support take care of the problem while your staff is on the phone with them??
June 22, 2016
Brandon K.
PM Admin
Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 501-1000 employees

“Good”

ProsIt helped us move from papers to paperless, easy to look up information if you know what you're looking for. Costumer service is excellent!
ConsIt's slow, but that maybe our internet. You have to switch between several screen to get all the information you need sometime.
Burke G.
Buildings and Grounds Manager
Primary/Secondary Education, 501-1000 employees
December 8, 2017

“Great system, lots of options.”

OverallGood support response.
ProsGreat system, lot of options. Good customer support. I am using characters to fill up this minimum requirement.
ConsSome delays and difficulty in setting up custom features. Some technicians are too technical in their communications.
December 8, 2017
Charlie W.
Primary/Secondary Education, Unspecified
July 29, 2015

“Money Well Spent and Money Saved”

ProsHaving MegaMation Directline is like a custom built system tailored for your specific needs at an off the shelf price. We are the APPA 2011 Effective and Innovative Practices Award winner. MegaMAtion Directline was a vital part of our lean enterprise processes in facilities management.
ConsThere is nothing I dislike. They have a wonderful staff and a great product.
Recommendations to other buyersKeep in mind that your needs will change, and MegaMation Directline does not charge additional fees for adding/using modules you have not used in the past. As you begin to use a good computerized maintenance management system (CMMS), you will realize other ways in which the system can be utilized to increase efficiency and monitor the workforce productivity . Other companies charge additional fees for using additional modules, or they charge you for research and development to create customization. Directline does this for free. Compare what you would pay for all the modules with another vendor as you may end up paying for them as your needs change. Do not get fooled by lesser CMMS companies telling you you'll never need more than they offer.
July 29, 2015
Keith C.
Semiconductors, Unspecified
June 23, 2016

“Facilities Manager utilizing Megamation Directline”

ProsVery professional CMMS with excellent support. Gives up great method to track, schedule and document preventative maintenance.
ConsSomewhat awkward to navigate until trained and get some experience with it.
Recommendations to other buyersCarefully think through equipment naming and organization of parent/child relationships.
Kelsey L.
Maintenance Administrator
Food & Beverages, 51-200 employees
July 27, 2018

“Support for program is fantastic!”

OverallSupport team has seemed genuinely happy to help me anytime I ask. They are quick and efficient in their support and come up with great ways to use the system to help me!
ProsWhenever I have a question or need, the support staff is there to aid me! Megamation also has some very usable functions that come in handy
ConsSome of the interface is a little awkward to navigate I wish there was a formal training that was not on the phone/computer
Antonio S.
General Manager Brampton
Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 201-500 employees
December 7, 2017

“General Manager”

OverallGreat experience. We appreciate the support in uploading out data
ProsThe Mobile app is a great tool to use. Accessibility to as many user we want. Simple to use and configurable to our needs
ConsIt is a good software on overall but there is many glitches, most due to improper use and lack of training. More webinars on you tube should be available.
December 7, 2017
Gordon T.
Maintenance Planner
Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 51-200 employees
May 25, 2017

“System fits our needs very well>”

OverallOverall nice to work with.
ProsThe system modules are very easy to identify and operate. Very comprehensive list of functions. Customer service has been excellent.
ConsUnable view picture of equipment along with the equipment information. No print function for PM's unless the WO is scheduled.
May 25, 2017
Tyrone B.
Maint. Planner
Food & Beverages, 201-500 employees
November 14, 2016

“So much to choose”

OverallAfter viewing a demo of the direct line software I found it to be full of potential. I truly enjoy having that amount of freedom to do with the program as I choose.
ProsThis is a cloud based product, so no need to load your servers.
ConsThe cost for some is a bit pricey.
Recommendations to other buyersview the demo and you will see just how much can be done
November 14, 2016
Jon H.
Maintenance Supervisor
Primary/Secondary Education, 51-200 employees
January 4, 2017

“Megamation Review”

OverallCustomer Support is Great, but the program is difficult to learn and there are no " EASY" text instructions to help you.
ProsThe program works well when you learn it.
ConsDifficult to learn.
Recommendations to other buyersUse Customer Support to help you learn the program.
January 4, 2017
Bill W.
Director of Facities Services
March 1, 2011

“My review of the Directline program”

OverallKeep up the good work!!!
ProsThis program is very easy to use, the reports are great and fast. The support is always there and if a question can not be answered at the time an answer will come in a very short time frame. When i help people start up the program it does not take a lot of time for them to be using a module.
ConsThere could be more web based items avalible to the system.
Stacy G.
February 22, 2017

“Well supported and continually improving CMMS”

OverallSince our implementation of DirectLine, Megamation has completed may customizations to meet our needs. These have help us to satisfy regulatory requirements, improve our business management and gain acceptance from users.
February 22, 2017
Chaitanya T.
IT
July 23, 2018

“an extraordinary asset to us, we utilize it principally for Work Orders, Equipment stock”

ProsClients presently have a solitary way to get their requirements met. This has enabled us to appropriately compose our opportunity
ConsFor us it took a while to comprehend our genuine needs and how we could influence the product to work best for us.
July 23, 2018
Robert R.
1st Processing Superintendent
March 9, 2011

“DIrect Line review”

OverallI would highly recommend megamation system to any company
ProsExcellent maintenance software programs.
ConsI have nothing negative to say about system.
March 9, 2011
Buddy C.
Maintenance Planner/Scheduler

“Preventive Maintenance”

OverallI would highly recommend this software
ProsThey have a great search engine for all modules.
ConsThere are none at this time