KioWare Kiosk Software Ratings

Overall
4.1/5
4.4/5

About KioWare Kiosk Software

KioWare is fully customizable kiosk software with a product line ranging from basic browser-lockdown to server based remote monitoring. KioWare works by wrapping around existing browser-based applications, securing the OS (Windows or Android) and browser, and allowing users to access only your application. Kiosk Management options range from self hosted and KioWare hosted options (KioWare Server & KioCloud). Free fully functioning trial. Learn more about KioWare Kiosk Software

Richard K.
IT - Systems Analyst
Logistics and Supply Chain, 201-500 employees
September 28, 2018

“Needed a fast, easy-to-use solution for our employee timeclock system”

OverallI was tasked with getting some tablets ready to act as the time clock kiosks for the new payroll system we were implementing. After some web searching the name KioWare kept popping up so I checked it out. The software was easy to set up, easy to manage, and has worked flawlessly. Needless to say payroll and HR were very pleased as the launch of our new system went very smoothly. I'll definitely come to KioWare again in the future if I get put on a project that requires a kiosk.
ProsThe configuration options were extremely intuitive. I didn't have to look up very much in the documentation in order to get a prototype up and running within 30 minutes. Copying configuration files across multiple devices was a snap once I had everything set up the way I wanted it, and licensing them was extremely reasonable price-wise. I've had virtually no issues from the software in nearly 6 months. The security audit feature was a nice touch, and really helped me out! I almost locked myself out of my device permanently if not for that!
ConsI think the only thing that was a bit disappointing would be a lack of mixed-mode attract screens. It'd be nice to be able to pull up either web pages, videos, or images. But to do that you'd need to be able to set up some kind of attract screen custom list, and then the software could cycle through that custom list as opposed to just cycling through local files. Very small gripe, though.
Higher Education, 1001-5000 employees
October 5, 2018

“Kiosk made simple”

OverallWe use it for sign-in when guests visit our office. It presents a web form and does not allow access to any other sites, so by using our web form patrons are signed in easily with little to no intervention from us. We also use the "attract screen" feature to send an uninterruptible slideshow to a nearby monitor on the wall sharing news about our office.
ProsKioware offered the features I absolutely needed in kiosk software at a price that made it hard to say no. In addition to the basics I knew I was looking for it offered some advanced features and the configurability that we were also able to use it to solve the need for a rotating slideshow in our lobby and manage the assets over our network to easily swap out slides.
ConsThe setup was a bit confusing at times, mostly using terms/phrases that I wasn't familiar with (being new to kiosks in general didn't help). But after some trial and error we got it up and running in a few hours.

By Kioware on October 8, 2018
Thank you for your feedback! If you have suggestions for how to improve the language used to describe particular settings, we would love to hear it! Email support@kioware.com with details, if you are so inclined. Thank you.
October 5, 2018
Retail, 11-50 employees
September 28, 2018

“KioWare Kiosks on our Retail Sales Floors”

OverallThe support team is off-the-charts awesome. I configured and installed our three kiosks (and two users) myself. It was not easy, and complicated by the online manual. I needed to interact with their support folks about six times. In every instance, my call was handled promptly, and I got the answers I needed quickly. They were able to login to my screen when needed and see exactly what was whacked. Absolutely top notch tech support.
ProsThe functionality. It is far more useful than we expected. The KIOCALL function, in particular. has assisted our store staff to interact with other stores to help customers who are right there with them.
ConsThe setup and configuration. The online manual is tough to negotiate. Posting photos for merchandising through the "Attract Screen" process was one of our prime objectives. It works... but I wish it was easier and quicker to do.

By Kioware on October 1, 2018
Thanks for your feedback! We are working on improving the online manual (our user guides). Email support@kioware.com with any specifics about what you find most in need of improvement or ideas for simplifying the setup experience.
Jo W.
Curator
Museums and Institutions, 1-10 employees
September 28, 2018

“Disappointed with this system”

OverallWe have several kiosks in our museum running kioware for visitors to use. The hardware is definitely a problem. I'm not sure how much the problems come from our developers or the software.
ProsOverall functions in our museum setting.
ConsThere are videos which often doesn't play.

By Kioware on October 3, 2018
We would love to help you determine which issues are software related! Please contact support@kioware.com with the issues you are seeing and, perhaps, send over your configuration file for us to review? Sometimes hardware can cause an issue, and if you send over the specs of the hardware, we can provide you with our thoughts on the weakest part of the system. Thank you for your feedback!
Tim K.
AV systems Tech
Museums and Institutions, 51-200 employees
April 14, 2019

“Useful for exhibits or displays”

OverallThis product has solved the problem of allowing the public access to a computer terminal with out the fear that someone could change settings to the computer or navigate to harmful sites.
ProsThis software is great for museums that want to use a computer to power an exhibit but don't want guests to be able to access other functions of the computer. The set up is straightforward and can be as detailed as you want. It is also a great tool to control what websites can be visited on a public computer. For example one can set a home page of a website but restrict access to other links on the page.
ConsThe only down side to this product is the cost. There may be cases where this product is overkill and there could be other ways to come up with a free solution.

By Kioware on April 16, 2019
Thank you so much for taking the time to submit a review. Your feedback is much appreciated!
April 14, 2019
Brian K.
Preparator/Facilities Coordinator
Museums and Institutions, 1001-5000 employees
September 30, 2018

“KioWare Kiosk Samsung Galaxy View Tablet”

Prosability to link to website, and keep our visitors from leaving that website. also the rotating images to help prevent the possibility of image burn on the tablet
Consharder to have the application allow singular use of a file in a program. such as looking at a powerpoint slideshow but not being able to back out and use powerpoint it self.
September 30, 2018
Entertainment, 501-1000 employees
September 28, 2018

“Great for a lockdown browser with enough extra features to create a full kiosk. ”

OverallI used the PC software for a touch screen information kiosk based from our website. I used the android version to lockdown a tablet browser based time clock punch in solution. Both were effective, andriod did crash more than I would like.
ProsEase of setup on android. Pc was a little more complicated but more reliable.
ConsDoesn't auto launch in windows 10 unless you create a scheduled task.
Edward C.
Computer Hardware, 1-10 employees
April 19, 2017

“Hardware Partner Gives Thumbs UP!!”

OverallI have been using the KioWare product suite for well over 14 years and typically include their standard products as part of my quotes, recommended KioWare products and use KioWare server to manage and monitor our joint client deployments.
April 19, 2017
Burak Y.
VP Educational Development
Hospitality, 51-200 employees
September 28, 2018

“Great Product, support and bang for the buck”

OverallWe use this for multiple kiosk check ins, easy setup and great support.
ProsI like the ease of it for what we are using it for, which is a clock in/out for our staff in multiple locations. Easy to install and manage, also great support.
ConsI can't say anything negative. Anytime I had an issue a quick phone call had easy support
Information Technology and Services, 501-1000 employees
September 28, 2018

“KioWare for Kiosk-Mode across multiple users.”

OverallThe goal of the project we were working on was to set up a series of tablets in a locked kiosk mode, in which the users could log in and out of them on a website with no cached or saved data between sessions, which this software did perfectly. Setting up the basic settings was straightforward, but trying to remotely deploy the software had a series of small hiccups, but it was all a series of settings we were overlooking on our part to do so.
ProsThe software, once set up, was very thorough and detailed for our purposes. It allowed for us to remotely monitor and update the devices as necessary, and only required us to physically secure our devices afterwards.
ConsWhen trying to configure the kiosks to remotely deploy changes as needed, we ran into minor issues which weren't thoroughly documented, but was resolved with a few exchanges with the KioWare support team.
jose b.
Tecnico de Seguridad Industrial
July 18, 2018

“The best in desk lock system”

OverallThe best to take care of your desktop information
ProsThe best thing is that you can use it on your mobile phone using Android. Easy to operate and ideal to protect your documents and desk
ConsI do not have any complaints I think it is an easy economic and efficient system. The best to take care of your desktop information

By Kioware on July 19, 2018
Thank you for your feedback! Please let us know if you have suggestions or particular feature requests.
July 18, 2018
Charles B.
Web Developer
Sports, 51-200 employees

“KioWare Review”

OverallMy overall experience is this is top shelf software, it did exactly what I needed.
ProsEasy to setup and configure, Customer Support is top notch!
ConsI didn't have any cons using this software, it did exactly what I needed.
Nazar A.
VP
Retail, 1001-5000 employees
February 6, 2019

“Where do i start”

ProsI like that it is seamless after install.
ConsWhere do i start, crashes all the time, super expensive.

By Kioware on February 7, 2019
Nazar, Thank you for your feedback. We are wondering if you have specific issues we can work to address via our top notch technical support team? We offer online chat support, phone support, and email support, which we have no record of you utilizing. We would love to help you resolve your issues given the opportunity. As for cost, our licenses are perpetual (one-time license fee) and extremely reasonably priced for the extensive features available. Best wishes with your future kiosks, The KioWare Team
February 6, 2019
Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 5001-10,000 employees
August 6, 2019

“"great software"”

ProsIt is a great software for this price. it helped implement HR solutions highly convenient. I recommended it at our workplace and the features it support are large. also, its setup was very user-friendly.
ConsI found no flaws, highly recommend it to all.
August 6, 2019
Chris M.
IT
Automotive, 51-200 employees

“Kioware ”

ProsEase of use and ability to add videos and slides to sleep mode
ConsGreat software so I have nothing negative to say
Mustafa M.
Sales Representative
Wireless, 501-1000 employees
July 3, 2018

“Best system”

OverallEverything
ProsLove how easy it is to use on a daily basis and how you can view everything on a Android phone or tablet .
ConsWish it was available on iOS , not everyone uses Android but other than that I would totally recommend it
July 3, 2018