OptionC Ratings

Overall

About OptionC

OptionCs Catholic-focused school management system provides schools and diocesan offices across the country with grade books, assignments, online lesson plans, report cards and more. Yet only OptionC adds features and functionality specific to Catholic schools and typically at no cost to the schools. To make it easy on your budget, OptionC offers special programs to help schools with the cost of its system through banner ads, referral offers, student magazine drives. Learn more about OptionC

MARGARET D.
Administrative Assistant
Education Management, 11-50 employees
August 16, 2019

“Elementary School”

ProsI am the admin here at St Margaret School. Option C is user friendly. I like the data entry, alerts and emails. I like the breakdown it gives you when entering a new student with all the necessary options. One of the greatest parts of Option C is the training and support! That for me is a plus plus plus.
ConsI get constant complaints from the teachers that they can't do a mass email thru Option C to all their class parents. They are not interesting in using the private messaging. Hoping this will be available soon!
August 16, 2019
Diana L.

“Impressed”

OverallWhat has impressed me overall about Option C would be these things: 1. The Catholic focus for this Student Information System is more important than one might think. Option C just "gets us" and our particular needs, and they are willing to work with local school communities. 2. The actual human beings who interact with local schools as representatives of Option C are some of the most well-spoken, caring, and intuitive people around. When you contact Option C you receive focused attention and quick action. This is a class act. 3. The documents library is full of great tutorials and information; it's very helpful. If I could make a recommendation for improvement, it would be to review the user-interface buttons and fields so that they are truly intuitive and easy to find; it took me a while to know how to easily move screen to screen.
Andrea T.
December 12, 2014

“A blessing to our school!”

OverallOption C has been a blessing to our school. The customer service is outstanding...no question is too small or too big. My teachers are excited to have an easy program to use for lesson planning, attendance, and grading. Our parents are thrilled to have access to their children's assignments and grades as well as their tuition accounts. Happy teachers and parents make for happy administration! We participated in a magazine drive with Option C. It was very easy to do. We were encouraged by our school's profits from the drive and the students were excited by the incentives to participate. As principal, I highly recommend Option C to other school administrators!
Luan S.
Education Management, 11-50 employees
November 4, 2017

“Not as user friendly as I would like ”

ProsCatholic Sacrament documentation section is convenient. Implementation and walk through information is very helpful.
ConsCan't find or the program doesn't have a visitation/conference feature. As a counselor, I need to document all my counseling sessions. Would love to see a face page for each student
November 4, 2017
Spencer A.
December 10, 2015

“Great service and a product that meets so many needs - even those we didn't realize we had!”

OverallI had been toying with an easier way of doing parent-teacher conferences for a while. Our "old school" method took up a lot of office time. When I saw the new option for scheduling through Option C, we gave it a whirl. With less than 5 minutes of work on my end, the conferences were set up and the Option C module did all the rest of the work. It was fantastic and represents our experience with this company. So many useful tools, and the tech team is always striving to add new elements and make the experience easier. The customer service is prompt and never less than pleasant and responsive.
December 10, 2015
Sister Michele S.
March 10, 2015

“Optionc - Catholic Student Information System”

OverallOptionc is an incredible Student Information System. It encompasses all that is necessary to run a school office efficiently and effectively. The fact that it is CATHOLIC is the icing on the cake. The Optionc team understands Catholic Education. They are always welcoming, and work diligently to solve problems. The cost may be prohibitive for some schools, but when I weigh the quantity and quality of the product against the cost, there is no comparison. We are adding the CCD component in the near future. The faculty appreciate the saint of the day as well as the religion worksheets.
March 10, 2015
Adam M.
Technology Coordinator
December 15, 2014

“Great program from Catholic Schools”

OverallOur first impression of Option C was that it incorporated the catholic faith into their homepage, for both teacher access & student/family access. Our teachers use this "Saint of the Day" in their teachings. They are very quick when it comes to technical support, especially around report card time, when everyone is usually having issues. Our students are even more conscientious about completing their work because their parents are able to see the grades in "real time." Best program that I've seen and used!
Jamie F.
October 21, 2016

“Report card changes ”

OverallOur school has been updating/modifying our report cards this year. Option C worked with us and kept us updated on their progress with our changes.
Prosmany options
Consemailing options
October 21, 2016
LIsette L.
Administrative Secretary
December 15, 2014

“Option C makes work so much easier!”

OverallI really hope that EVERY SCHOOL uses Option C because it will make work so much easier! I especially love the technical support that I get from everyone. They welcome your call with a positive attitude and are always ready to help resolve any issue!
Tracy S.
Director of Educational Technology

“We love OptionC”

OverallOptionC is a robust, easy to use resource for managing our student data. The support staff is very attentive and responsive. We appreciate their hard work, ingenuity and commitment to their Catholic faith.