bitdefender GravityZone Ratings

Overall

About bitdefender GravityZone

GravityZone is built from the ground up for virtualization and cloud to deliver business security services to physical endpoints, mobile devices, virtual machines in private, public cloud and Exchange mail servers. GravityZone Enterprise Security provides flexible licensing options to fit the protection needs of your offices, datacenters and public cloud. All security services are delivered from one virtual appliance to install on premise covering all endpoints across your environment. Learn more about bitdefender GravityZone

Stacy M.
Lead
Events Services, 11-50 employees
October 3, 2019

“Saved me 1000's of dollars!”

OverallLet me start by saying that Bitdefender saved me 1000's of dollars, and I'm not exaggerating! About 1 and half years ago, one of my team members made the mistake of opening a fake attachment in an email. It happened on a Friday, and when we returned on Monday, every single file we had was encrypted and are large ransomware image was on our desktops. I was devastated. So much work simply tied up and no way to get it back, other than paying some thief $2000 dollars. Three days later, Bitdefender released a decryption program that allowed me to decrypt my entire system! We were saved! From that point forward, I decided that every single computer we own would have Bitdefender running on it! No other antirvirus company had anything even close to Bitdefender!
ProsWhen it comes to protecting yourself and your files, you need to know that you are protected! With Bitdefender you have that piece of mind knowing that you truly are. The suite not only covers you from viruses, but protects your email, your wifi, and has a built in firewall! For me this is the all in one solution!
ConsSometimes Bitdefender blocks me from doing what I want, but in all fairness, I have it set at the highest security level. Even when I'm blocked, I can jump into Bitdefender and allow what ever was blocked.
October 3, 2019
monika s.
student
Education Management, 501-1000 employees
September 17, 2019

“Amazing product”

OverallI've been able to save the computers from being hacked into and data saved, as well as saving computers from being taken over and jacked by those who would try and hold our computers hostage.
ProsI love the different levels that the company offers not only for personal but also business aspects. They are growing every year offering more and more products to be able to keep their customers safe from the latest viruses. They also have programs that all customers to be able to track their computers that can not be easily removed from the hard drives of the computers so even if someone did steal a laptop or desktop, their programs come with a form of low-jack that allows you to track them from another computer anywhere in the world.
ConsAbout the only Con I would say is that the base for bitdefender is overseas, so getting into contact with someone in customer service is a bit difficult at times. Yet when you do, they work with you and it is amazing how quickly they help resolve any issues. They have saved both my work and my home computers from being hacked and jacked so many times I can't even mention it.
September 17, 2019
Mantas J.
IT Manager
Financial Services, 11-50 employees
September 6, 2019

“Best in the market”

OverallIf there might be any issues those will come out in the beginning. Once installed works like a charm and never had a problem with it.
ProsBusiness version is reasonably easy to setup and deploy. Users do not see hundreds of notifications (which are annoying) and overall is really easy to monitor. Total Security package is hands down easy to use and software does it all for you. Even on the phone it is securing you against all threats in the web.
ConsNot always deployment tool works so have to use other methods (there are few) and so have to keep an eye if all devices have it installed (task have not failed).
September 6, 2019
James L.
IT Operations
Publishing, 11-50 employees
August 21, 2019

“A Good Small Business Antivirus Solution”

OverallIt's a solid and well priced antivirus for a small business. It includes a special ransomware "vaccine" which gives me a bit of peace of mind as ransomware is the new boogey man in the cyber security world. Their support reply promptly and I've never had trouble getting a hold of them. You really have to keep after it and do an audit once a month to make sure there aren't any duplicate instances and that all computers have checked in, but aside from that it's set and forget.
ProsThe software is easy to set up and install, and the admin interface is fairly straight forward. They support MFA out of the box and that's essential for an antivirus software. I also appreciate the ability to organize the computers into sub folders that represent my organizations structure. You can apply security policies by folder grouping and this makes it easy to target more exposed groups like customer service or traveling employees with more aggressive security policies. Finally, reports and notifications can be set up to be sent by email which is essential for when infections occur.
ConsThe client tends to get confused somewhat frequently. If an employee travels and connects to many different networks the admin console will sometimes show duplicates of that same client and thusly take up 2 licenses. These clones are easy enough to delete, but it's still annoying. The scanning tools are fine for routine scans, but for customer scans you must specify a target on the system. For OS X this is often the root directory for me, and for Windows it's %Win_Dir%. I'd prefer just a "scan the whole machine" checkbox rather than playing around with this. Especially considering I usually do a custom scan when something is going wrong. Each separate admin has their own separate "console" and they have to set it up on their own. This is frustrating when you have more than one admin and each one has to customize and set up their own reports, dashboards, etc. It's also confusing that each admin only sees their own tasks. I can't see what my colleague has issued for scans recently and so I might scan or update the same machine twice for no reason. Generally, being able to see what work a colleague has done, especially in addressing a crisis, is very helpful. They have a patch management "plugin", but it's strictly for Windows. I have a dual OS environment so I am forced to look elsewhere and would prefer a singular endpoint management solution that encompasses patch management and antivirus.
Eli P.
Centrlized Services Manager
Information Technology and Services, 11-50 employees
July 14, 2019

“Best Antivirus Program I Have Used and Managed”

OverallOverall, I am very happy with the product. It continues to perform better than other Antivirus programs that I have used in the past. I have greatly reduced the amount of time spent on virus remediation.
ProsSince switching to BitDefender, the number of infections reported by my clients has drastically decreased. I am very impressed with how effective the product is. Additionally, I rarely see a performance impact on the systems that are being protected.
ConsThere are some limitations to exclusions that can be a bit frustrating. Some exclusions must be added with the full path, so if a program is in the profile of many different users across multiple computers, if can be hard to manage.
July 14, 2019
David I.
Sales
Telecommunications, Self-employed

“A reliable antivirus”

OverallExperience was good overall great piece of software, the only super frustrating part was the installation after after having had installed a trial version of Bitdefender antivirus.
Pros- It does not dramatically slow your system when performing updates. - it comes with VPN. - It has the anti ransomware. - The interface is really easy to use. - It detects viruses and gives you options on what to do with it. - The password wallet is awesome you have all sorts of options in it to access your accounts with ease and security. - You get 3 computers coverage with one payment or you can also use it on your phone. - The safe pay feature is great for transactions and does not interfere with other SSL sites.
Cons- The initial set up is confusing, especially if you used a trial version and you signed up with an email address. - So you have to complete uninstall the trial version and install the paid version.
Andrigo F.
Support Analist
Information Technology and Services, 11-50 employees
July 2, 2019

“Strongest anti virus available on market”

OverallMy overall experience with bitdefender is very good, it's a reliable protection solution.
ProsBitdefender always proved me to be a very reliable solution for endpoint protection. It is simple to implement, easy to configure and there's no need of dedicated server for managing your policies and things like that. Also, you can configure various different types of policies and apply each one on a group of machines. So, you can adjust the configurations to match the needs of your environment. Currently, all of our customers run Bitdefender as they primary protection solution.
ConsBitdefender try to block everything they think it's malicious, and sometimes it causes trouble by blocking false-positives. I don't really know if this is a downside, but annoys frequently
July 2, 2019
Margaret W.
Freelancer-Blogger-Copywrite-Editing-Proofreading
February 27, 2018

“Our IT Developers said we needed to change over to this...”

OverallFewer spams and no more virus threats!
ProsWhen our IT gurus said we should change our malware/anti-virus software AGAIN, they said this should be the last change, hopefully . They told us that with the sophistication of viruses and malware out there, our current software wasn't adequate enough to keep us protected. They also told us that Bitdefender has one of the highest rankings when it comes to providing the best protection against ransomware and hackers. From my POV, I can honestly vouch for the fact that the number of junk, spam and unsolicited email have been greatly reduced...and that makes me very happy. I don't have time to read the legit emails let alone take the time to clean out my mailbox...especially the spams!
ConsBackup services or mobile protection are not included with Bitdefender Internet Security. However, both of these features are available with Bitdefender Total Security at a higher price.
February 27, 2018
Matt I.
August 8, 2019

“Stop the malware”

OverallIt has worked really well.
ProsIt does not annoy you like other antivirus solutions. It is light weigh and rarely interferes with anything.
ConsThe management interface is clunky. Everyone complains about that.
August 8, 2019
Chrysostomos V.
System Engineer
Non-Profit Organization Management, 51-200 employees
March 7, 2018

“A very robust security solution. Minimalist and clear interface covers everything you need. GDPR !”

OverallThis is a complete security solution for computers and servers. You get a very powerful but easy to use management console. The users are happy because of low demand resources. While still protected from one of the best product, the management effort and time was greatly reduced.
Pros- Modern, well organized interface makes management very simple - There are a lot of features but still easy to walk through - The on premise deployment can manage road warriors - Very powerful policies for different protection levels - Web content filter, can scan SSL connections - The agent can be configured for different levels of interaction with the user, including stealth activity - The agent doesn't consume lot of resources. There are many protection options, and explicit anti ransomware option - Includes patch management for the operating system and a set of popular applications including Office - Includes disk encryption management - Protects Windows (workstation & server), Mac and Linux - There are very responsive product updates in line with the operating system requirements - The antivirus engine is one of the best rated for many years consecutively - Runs on Linux server, no license costs
Cons- The best practice recommends using relays, which are dedicated clients for caching - The relays are mandatory for patch management - Complicated initial setup for patch management involving certificates - The patch management module is very expensive, but sell separately
March 7, 2018
Mark W.
IT Director
Construction, 201-500 employees
August 26, 2019

“Bitdefender Review”

OverallOverall I'd recommend Bitdefender as an effective antivirus product.
ProsAfter using another enterprise grade antivirus program for several years, we had a malware outbreak in our company. Not only did the AV software fail to protect us, it was unable to remove the virus from the infected machines. I downloaded a trial version of Bitdefender GravityZone and quikcly installed it on an infected computer. Within the first full scan it detected and disinfected the computer. I deployed to other infected computers and then throughout our organization. Within 2 days we were completely cleaned. It is very easy to set up and deploy and has a very small footprint.
ConsThe thing I least like about Bitdefender is the reporting. It's somewhat limited on the reporting.
August 26, 2019
Everton V.
Support Analyst
Computer Networking, 11-50 employees
June 10, 2019

“The safest and lightest antivirus tool”

OverallFor more than two years I have implemented Bitdefender as a protection tool, in all this time it has never been a problem or there was some flaw with the tool.
ProsBitdefender is the best antivirus option I've ever implemented. Besides being simple to install and configure, it is very lightweight. All policy settings are very useful. The way the tool is managed is great, it does not require a central server in the client environment, everything is managed in the cloud
ConsThere is nothing that makes the tool gain negative points. It has always been very well on all tests, including protecting against ransoware attacks. In an environment that has firewall and proxy, you must release the update addresses, it is a bit more work.
June 10, 2019
Thea E.
VP for IT
Construction, 201-500 employees
September 24, 2018

“Best Antivirus software”

ProsI have tried many antivirus software, both free and paid apps. So far, Bitdefender is the best one that I've used. I like their cloud-based control center, and how you could easily navigate into the admin panel, if you're using the software for a company. It has a lot of reporting tools, customization options and software deployment options. I also like that the pricing is reasonable. The other thing that I really like about it is it's very silent. It does its work in the background, doesn't disturb the regular user, and doesn't use a lot of RAM. I recommend this, and even the free Bitdefender.
ConsI didn't find anything that I don't like about the software.
September 24, 2018
Dan O.
CEO / CTO
Computer Software, 11-50 employees
September 11, 2018

“Runs without Issue - Could Provide Better Controls”

ProsBitDefender does a great job at its core purpose: keeping my network safe from viruses and malware. It runs in the background and doesn't hog my CPU or memory like McAfee and Kaspersky has done in the past. I've been pleased with the GravityZone web interface and deployment options as well; and I really like the quickview dashboard giving me a birds-eye view of my current network status.
ConsThe individual use experience even for power users is a bit limited. While the product runs on my machine, I don't feel like I can do much more with is other than update the definitions or run a full scan. It is difficult to mark items as safe or to track what traffic is blocked in real-time.
September 11, 2018
Mike G.
It Engineer
June 9, 2019

“Lightweight AV”

OverallOverall very happy with this product, especially for the price. Would recommend 9/10.
ProsSoftware is easy to deploy, administer, and upgrade. We have tried a few AV's on the market and gravity zone was one of the best ones we could find with a cloud console that did not severely limit the functionality of the product.
Conssupport can be a little slow at times, and the software could afford to be a little more customizable.
June 9, 2019
Andrew L.
Retail, 11-50 employees
December 4, 2018

“Worked until it didn't”

OverallBased on the advice of my point of sale software company I installed Bitdefender onto my server to take care of viruses that got past my other antivirus software that I was using. It worked great until suddenly it became incompatible with the POS software. We had a very frustrating couple of months of having the POS computers freeze up. We ultimately figured out that it was the anti-virus software not working with the POS software. We removed Bitdefender and installed other anti-virus software and our problems stopped. I ultimately blame our POS software for not being capable of working with a major anti-virus software and not the other way around.
ProsI took viruses off of my computer that another anti virus software missed. It did what it said it was going to do.
ConsIt stopped working or wasn't compatible with the POS software that I had on my computers. I believe that it was more of an issue with my POS software company's compatibility than an issue with Bitdefender.
December 4, 2018
Education Management, 51-200 employees
December 26, 2018

“Excellence software for anti-viruses”

ProsBit defender is a virus guard which helps to protect the computers from number of viruses that attacks the computers. It protects the computer not only from viruses but it also protects the computers from spyware and phishing scams too. One of the main advantages of bit defender is while the defender is running it does not make the computer slow. Bit defender runs as a background process so it does not affect the cpu or the memory. That's why running bit defender does not cause slowness in computer . Bit defender has the capability of scanning all the web sites and emails that a user may use. It reduces the chance of virus attacks. It is easy to install bit defender .All you have to do is just follow the instructions given. Users does not need expertise to do all these. It supports most of the platforms like Linux, mac and windows.
ConsOne of the main disadvantages of bit defender is sometimes it does not work well in long terms.
December 26, 2018
Natalie W.
Managing Director
Non-Profit Organization Management, 1-10 employees
February 14, 2019

“Total Security.”

OverallJust great to have peace of mind when it comes to online security.
ProsThis software is like having a personal guard on your laptop, it does everything to keep your laptop safe and secure in the background without you having to even worry about it or give it a second thought. Once you do the initial set up it seems to work in its own way I guess it just read what you're using and monitors the sites you visit. Very secure have had no issues with viruses or any breaches of security on my laptop.
ConsI did find for a few weeks after I set up the software I had a lot of pop-ups from the software checking if certain sites were ok and when I was using documents or forms asking if I wanted them stored elsewhere or giving additional security but this passes I assume the software learns about your practices and is able to judge what to do with certain things, so I see the pop-ups rarely now.
February 14, 2019
51-200 employees
July 9, 2018

“Best business antivirus/firewall option”

ProsThe web interface is very nice, you can set policies and apply to the rest of the clients or create a specific policy for a server or machines. If you need restart a machine you can do it remotly. They give you tools in order to create your reports and see them on the website or you can schedule (weekly, montly, dayly) in order to received them as an email. They have a very good customer support.
ConsSometimes is not than easy try to figure out which rules you need to apply in order to not block a application or port, but I guess is part of be the administrative on the network.
July 9, 2018
Information Technology and Services, 51-200 employees
October 24, 2018

“The lightest security agent you can find.”

OverallI have been using this software for years, both personally and in enterprise environments, and it's performance has only improved with time. We have top notch protection against viruses, spam, Trojans, etc. and never have a complaint from any user that has the agent installed in their machines.
ProsIt offers really great security for your computers and network environment. And on top of that, it's extremely light on resource consumption, you will never notice is there and it won't slow you down in the slightest.
ConsI can honestly not think of a single negative thing to say about it.
October 24, 2018
Richard S.
Co Owner
Marketing and Advertising, 1-10 employees
April 29, 2019

“The Best Antivirus for windows and mac”

ProsI have this software on both my mac and my windows computer. While Macs don't get viruses, they do get tons of malware if you travel to illegitimate websites. I noticed that when normally browsing sometimes my windows computer will redirect to malicious websites or sometimes I simply land on websites that have been compromised. Bitdefender does an amazing job of monitoring my web activity and blocking malicious websites. You can see in the log just how much malware it prevents. That is why i'm very happy with this software. For my Mac computer, I run it once a week to make sure I don't have any issues. On my windows its on 24/7
ConsIt's not very lightweight when scanning the computer. My computer lags like crazy when I run a full system scan. Once it's done, it's back to normal.
April 29, 2019
E-Learning, Self-employed
February 13, 2019

“The best, least intrusive protection”

ProsBitdefender has very effective and comprehensive protection with a lot of appropriate automation, so that's the basic need, but what I like most about this software is that it is not intrusive, never slows me down or makes itself known except when there's a problem. Very well designed.
ConsCompared with other software, I can't think of what I like least. It does its job well, secures the machines and any associated devices, and keeps itself well updated. No complaints, sorry!
February 13, 2019
December 5, 2018

“Budget minded security for a small office”

OverallAt the end of the day, BitDefender gets the job done, and I am confident in the job that it is doing to protect a small computer network. If it is your choice for antivirus needs, be prepared to spend some time getting to know the ins and outs of the Gravity Zone dashboard system.
ProsBitDefender was one the better rated security programs I found when researching a new option of office that I help out with IT needs. And it is very cost effective for small businesses as it had the best pricing to license a smaller number of devices.
ConsI find the GravityZone dashboard to be a bit cumbersome. You really have to work through it to get the hang of it, which is true of a lot of programs. But the layout and functions for deployment and monitoring systems feels a bit convoluted in execution. I think there are ways that it could be simplified, streamlined, and made for a more user-friendly experience.
December 5, 2018
February 14, 2018

“Great features, poor reporting/implementation”

OverallLowered pricing for our 1500+ endpoints. Increased security of our endpoints. Easy network deployment.
ProsThe features of this software are great. You can do policy-based internet blocking based on categories and specific whitelists/blacklists, which is difficult to circumvent. It allows you to schedule scans and to send reports over email.
ConsI wish it had a better alert system for real-time threats. Also, it's difficult to drill down into the reports to find out which computers are still infected. This is a great product for an individual business, but as a managed service provider I think the way it gives us information could be much improved.
February 14, 2018
Kyle K.
Website development
April 10, 2018

“Bitdefender is a great antivirus”

ProsThere is a free version. You are able to see each computer that you've installed this on in your bitdefender account dashboard. It has great detection. It works with the software at the office that is used to monitor employees by enabling exceptions in the antivirus.
ConsSome times there are issues getting updates and there is an error message that will pop up repeatedly. Some times rebooting fixes it, some times you have to uninstall and reinstall it.
April 10, 2018
Remus S.
Teacher
June 26, 2018

“It's one of the best, if not the best!”

ProsI have been using Bitdefender for a very long time. In fact, it is the only antivirus solution that I have ever used. It has evolved so much... It is both complex and easy to use. What I like most about it is that it does its job silently. Literally, you just install it and then forget all about it!
ConsTechnical support is no longer what it used to be. I mean, a fortnight can go by before someone notices you.
June 26, 2018
Manix D.
Director IT
July 5, 2018

“A good antivirus for a cloud base, it's better than other on that basis.”

OverallThe global monitoring is really interesting, I save a lot of time with the GravityZone.
ProsI really like the possibility to manage and track all the antivirus of my clients. It shows the infected PC in a second, and I am able to start a scan remotly, get the PDF of the results. So I can show it to the manager after. I really like to have the opportunity to block some website without other softwares or devices.
ConsThe interface of the GravityZone is boring, and sometime a pain to search for a hidden option. They also rename some term in their own.
July 5, 2018
Retail, 10,001+ employees
July 15, 2019

“Bitdefender, the New and Cheap Anti-Virus Software”

OverallI've had many different anti-virus software over the years but Bitdefender was by far the best. It was recommended to me by a computer expert years ago and I still use it to this day.
ProsThe software is cheap, easy to install, and easy to use to do a quick check on the health of your computer.
ConsThe prices to renew seemed a bit steep. Especially if you wait too long to renew.
July 15, 2019
Sports, 1-10 employees
October 15, 2018

“Internet Full Security at much less cost!”

OverallThankful for quality internet security! Buy with confidence!
ProsThe highest quality of security to protect our computer network from invasive viruses, keep computers running in an efficiently optimized fashion. All for much less cost than bigger name companies that start with N.
Consnothing - so happy that we changed over to Bitdefender. We are pleased.
October 15, 2018
Chamika R.
Student
Computer Software, 501-1000 employees
October 11, 2018

“Best Security Solution for small businesses ”

ProsThe protection provided by this software is awesome. Information on the dashboard is really helpful. Cross-platform support is really useful if you're using several pc with different operating systems, and support to the mobiles (android and ios) is an added advantage. All of the reports provided by this is meaning full and none of the reports feels useless. The reports can be emailed or can view immediately. Those reports would be really important if you keep records about your system security. Sandbox which is included in this is a great tool to keep your system safe. It allows you to run or open files in a secure environment if you feel that the things included in the file affect your system security.
ConsI didn't find any issues with this product but scans take a while to complete. If they can reduce the scan time that wolud be great.
October 11, 2018
Colin W.
Director of Operations
Hospital & Health Care, Unspecified
April 9, 2018

“Great product for any business. Keeps me secure from any malware. ”

OverallGreat software for any customer. Strongly recommend for businesses.
ProsVery easy to set up and manage. Product can be updated on any devices under the account and can be done remotely which is very convenient for remote employees.
ConsIt's a little costly but is comparable to the competition. The software has a lot of updates which can be frustrating for some.
April 9, 2018
Eranga H.
Software Engineer
Information Technology and Services, 201-500 employees
September 13, 2019

“BitDefender GravityZone Review”

OverallBit defender gravity zone is must tool to protect from malware.
ProsBit defender is one of the powerful viruses guards with efficient system resource usage and frequent definition updates.
ConsAs far as I am concern with this application it is a featureful software. My only concern is that sometimes it is freeze. Rebooting the system usually, fix it.
September 13, 2019
Kelvin L.
Journeyman Plumber
Construction, 11-50 employees
February 6, 2019

“Best AV right now”

ProsBit defender has proven to be the best among the competitors. Providing high levels of security, great features and customizations. Last but not least this anti virus doesn't require a lot of resources to run therefore not hindering your system.
ConsThe program took some time to install and wasn't the easiest to understand.
February 6, 2019
Aviation & Aerospace, 51-200 employees
December 18, 2018

“Corporate User - Easy to use endpoint security”

OverallOverall I like Bitdefender. It works which is great! - knock on wood, we have not have any major security issues since using Bitdefender!
ProsIt's very easy to use out of the box but has a lot of advanced features as well
ConsIt seems a little too simple. It feels like maybe it lacks some functionality but I have not compared it to many other products.
December 18, 2018
Parisa V.
Founder, Chief Strategist
May 25, 2018

“Good and useful security solution though client dashboard could use some updates”

OverallBitdefender has simple, intuitive malware detection and system scanning.
ProsBitdefender does a good job protecting my systems. The user interface is pleasant and it's simple to use and seems to provide accurate malware detection.
ConsI don't like the client portal and find that accessing it is cumbersome and it's not intuitive in the slightest.
May 25, 2018
Terence B.
Software Developer
March 6, 2018

“Peace of mind”

ProsHaving used free anti virus for years, I was particularly worried by the ransomware scare and began looking for a more reliable malware and data protection solution. My support team recommended Bitdefender and I have been a user for the past 2 years. For what you pay annually for peace of mind, this is an absolute bargain. Bitdefender hides away well in the corner and is not overfully CPU hungry, and also no overly annoying pop-ups that you get with some AVs.
March 6, 2018
Amy V.
owner/Operator
March 27, 2018

“Use it for my internet security”

ProsEverything. It is so user friendly, Love the various plans I can choose from. Love the security it offers for all my devices, and great customer service.
ConsHonestly, I can't think of anything that would classify as a con. We've been using it for several years and will continue to do so.
March 27, 2018
James Y.
Systems Engineer
February 9, 2018

“BitDefender is affordable, but can be frustrating to manage in the enterprise.”

ProsBitDefender does its thing silently, in the background, and does a good job with active threat prevention features. When it works, it works well.
ConsIt can be very difficult to manage. When the software upgrades itself, it prompts for reboots. Sometimes, these reboots are multiples and can result in downtime for servers. I believe BitDefender is a fine solution for workstations, but servers can't have this type of issue consistently. BitDefender's support team has been, effectively useless. They're slow to respond, tend to blame their issues on non-factors, and just leave a bad taste in the mouth of an enterprise admin.
February 9, 2018
Ariel P.
CE
Computer Networking, 11-50 employees
May 17, 2017

“Its a very nice performance and protective Software”

OverallIts protect my Lap and IT enviroment really good. No infection or other security issue in over 3 years
ProsI like the interface is very easy to use, and to personalize. Not intrusive if I don't want it to do it
ConsIn a corporative enviroment is impossible to install because the control is in the cloud of bitdefender.com that part I don't like at all.
Dennis F.
Network Administrator
Religious Institutions, 11-50 employees
September 30, 2019

“Management and function a balancing act”

OverallSetup was OK, however they documentation did not help as much as it should. There was too much backend settings to deal with in comparison to other previous AV products used. We switched after one year.
ProsThe web portal is a nice feature, especially for admins who work mostly offsite. Detection was on par with all the major security suites out there.
ConsThe interface was very difficult to navigate through. Deployment of agents was not the easiest and clients always reported that they were missing scans even when powered on 24/7.
September 30, 2019
Law Practice, 1-10 employees
November 28, 2018

“Great Malware Tool”

OverallI have used bitdefender GravityZone for about a year now and I absolutely love the protection I receive from this program. I also use bitdefender's traffic light to watch the websites I visit to see what sort of information is being collected. Bitdefender helps me, and my customer's, feel confident knowing that antivirus and malware attacks will be defended against and minimized. The program was very easy to setup and install, the price is right, and the peace of mind is well worth the time and money we've invested into the program.
ProsEase of use, automated, protection, minimal interruption of Mac resources, cost
ConsI do not have any complaints about this program. It works as advertised.
November 28, 2018
Jeremy O.
IT Specialist
May 17, 2017

“Good Product...some assembly required”

ProsThe support for this product is amazing, and there are lots of support options online. The user groups are responsive, and the software is relatively easy to manage.
ConsThis software requires a 45 degree learning curve, if you are in any way familiar with other AntiVirus solutions.
Timothy G.
Network Service Technician
Information Technology and Services, 51-200 employees
September 29, 2019

“Great Antivirus”

OverallI think it's a good solution. If you get a good price for it, I would say go for it and try it for your team.
ProsBitdefender software is set it and forget it. Once you have the software installed on your endpoints, it sits in the background and quietly scans the computer and blocks attacks or potential malware. I haven't run into many false-positives and no false-negatives.
ConsThere are some features, such as automatic .exe finding, that would be nice with the software. For now, you have to whitelist all of your executables after installing. This may be fixed later.
September 29, 2019
Outsourcing/Offshoring, 1001-5000 employees
August 29, 2018

“I really hate this software in a good way!!!”

Prosi hate this software since I work on a private company and they installed this and got control on the websites that we can access. it's really good kind of software block unwanted sites.
Consit sucks to not able to access third party websites!!
August 29, 2018
Amelie P.
Sale's rep
April 18, 2018

“Super effective”

ProsIt runs in the background but it doesn't interfere with my daily operations. It only blocks what needs to be blocked.
ConsSince it runs in the background it can be hard to know if the program is doing what it needs to do or if it is not doing anything.
April 18, 2018
Austin N.
Positive Lifestyle & Fitness Coach
March 15, 2018

“I used BDGZ for about a year with my last laptop as the primary security software.”

ProsThe software did a great job securing my PC and it's files. Automated file scans and immediate notifications if anything needed attention was a big stress reliever.
ConsOccasionally my PC would say the software's firewall was disabled but the program itself said it was enabled, so that was confusing. Thankfully I got the issue resolved with customer service and it was no longer an issue. Good product!
March 15, 2018
Telecommunications, 11-50 employees
March 15, 2019

“Great price and easy to manage.”

OverallIts a great product all around, from price to installation!
ProsThe price we paid was way cheaper than i had planed on spending. The sales team was great. I started out on a trial and they extend the trail out for more pc's as i have from windows 10 to windows 7 pc on my network so i can make sure it worked on all of them and it didn't break any other programs we use. I can manage it all from the cloud and see whats going on from anywhere.
ConsI really didn't have any so far with this software.
March 15, 2019
Jason Z.
Independent Network Engineer
Information Technology and Services, Self-employed
September 20, 2018

“Good well rounded product ”

OverallI Have to admit in still not entirely sold on Cloud based products, but this one is good, reliable, easy to use, and decently thought out. Is it perfect? Nothing really is, and its got some minor things, like the site layout takes some getting used to. However, in 2 years of use, ive only had to rely on support once, and have never needed to consult Help or FAQ. you can go base protection on the software per station or server, or you can nail it down hard.
ProsSolid reliable agent protection, and customization. good live reporting. several different modes of operation from basic security to hard lock down protection. good customer support resources.
ConsThe website is laid out in a funny way, but nothing obnoxious. you have to hunt through some pages to find things, but again, nothing obnoxious.
September 20, 2018
Sugey M.
Manicurista
Arts and Crafts, Self-employed
July 6, 2018

“I feel protected with Bitdefender.”

ProsMy computer and my cell phone are protected with this antivirus. I like it because it is a simple, useful and effective application; it quickly detects viruses and blocks them, and it is not heavy.
ConsI think it needs a little more protection because it is very basic, and after doing the analysis in the bar there is a notification that can not be removed.
July 6, 2018
Diosibel M.
ASISTENTE ADMINISTRATIVO
April 20, 2018

“protection and efficiency”

ProsIt's a pretty complete antivirus, it offers several products for different devices, it's easy to use and your equipment gives you security; In addition to saving battery resources, it also has an automatic pilot function that makes decisions related to safety.
Consthe scans can take a while to be done, the rest is an excellent product to keep your computer free of viruses.
April 20, 2018