Church Office Online Ratings

Overall
4.2/5
4.6/5

About Church Office Online

Web based church management software starting at just $25 per month. Sign up for 60 days of FREE service. Church Office Online is a complete turnkey solution for managing your church and ministry. Our software is an easy to use and affordable option for churches of all sizes to manage and engage their congregation. All the features you should expect from a Church Management System, and a whole lot more. PLUS get a free mobile app that connects to Church Office Online at MinistryOne.com Learn more about Church Office Online

Bert E.
Admin
October 10, 2012

“CRC Tweaks 1”

OverallI would definitely recommend COO to a small to medium size church who wants to keep things simple for decent pricing such as my church.
ProsThe overall look of COO is pleasing and not intimidating. Thus far it is user friendly. The casual computer user would find it simple enough to use. This was VERY important in selecting COO. Many congregants/volunteers are occasional or casual computer users. It was important to find an application that they would find to be user-friendly and comprehensive.
ConsSecurity: The browser back button is active. No one should be able to use the back button and access member/child information. Right now this can be done. Access: We are forced to log out of one status and have to login again as another. Having to change a person's password in order to change their access status. Example: from attendance taker to standard. Main Menu: Would be more comprehensive, if the modules were accessible AFTER login. Having those big boxes on the login page was just plain confusing. (child check-in, individual access). Allow users to login, but only access what they are assigned to. The main menu s/b accessible from every page. Delete or archive an accounting category and NOT delete the contribution records. We often have temporary fund accounts that no longer need to display in the list. Be allowed to select our own "method of payment" default. An Events Registration module would be helpful.

By Church Office Online on October 18, 2012
Hi Bert, Thank you for your review and your thoughts about Church Office Online. We appreciate hearing from you and will take your suggestions into consideration as we add new features to Church Office Online. We would like to specifically address your security concerns. Security: We take security very seriously; protecting church data is of utmost importance to us. We utilize industry leading security practices, infrastructure and encryption. You can learn about all of our security measures on the following page: http://www.churchofficeonline.com/Tour/Security Disabling the back button would not improve security of our application and would have a negative impact on ease of use. If a single computer is shared by multiple users, each user should use the "Log Out" button when they end their session and close the browser. This ensures that the next person using the computer to log into Church Office Online cannot access any data their user role does not permit. Thanks again, Aaron
October 10, 2012
Connie S.

“Highly Recommend”

OverallChurch Membership Online has been a great tool for our Church and I would highly recommend it. It offers many user friendly, useful, tools that help make my job easier. I appreciate the fact that I could begin immediately using the program without attending off site training seminars which are costly. They are very dedicated to continuing to enhance the features of the program to meet the need of growing churches.
ProsChoosing a new membership management software can be very stressful and overwhelming. I really appreciated the free trial period offered. It gave me a chance to work with the program to see if it would meet the needs of our church with no cost or obligation. It took a lot of the pressure off. The data import from previous software based program was very smooth. I found the program to be very user friendly. I can easily find answers to any questions I encounter through the Knowledge Base online. On the one occasion I did need to contact Customer Support I found them to be very friendly, helpful and quick to respond. The video tutorials are also very helpful. The ability to allow members of the congregation to access certain areas of the program allows them to access the most up to date contact information for fellow members and in return, saves me the time of answering phone calls to relay that information and also money as we no longer need to print a directory.
ConsI have none at this time.
Julie K.
Admin
November 12, 2012

“Love Church Membership Online”

OverallWe love this database and would highly recommend it to other churches. It can do a a little or a lot for your church.
ProsWe searched several database products before trying the 60 trial with Church Membership Online. We were thrilled with the product, and paid for a year's subscription. This was a great decision for our church. We really like all of the features that Church Membership Online offers. The directory is most helpful to all ministry leads. I can easily keep the database updated without having to reprint directories for all ministry leads. We have recently linked the calendar on Church Membership to our website. This has simplified the process of keeping all information current and up-to-date. The attendance feature is streamlined and easy to use. There are many features of Church Membership that we have yet to tap into - someday! Great product, easy to use, dashboard makes all features readily available! Love it!
ConsOne of the best things about Church Membership is that they are sensitive and timely with their response to consumer needs/demands. Church Membership can improve the following: - various options for creating labels (For example, filter for men or high school aged youth.) - Some notes / tips when you begin entering data. We have some households that should be individuals! -an app for phones
November 12, 2012
Steve A.
Religious Institutions, 11-50 employees
November 7, 2016

“Getting used to the new version”

OverallWe've been using COO for about four years. The new upgrades have some very good features but take some time to get used to. Some glitches in the financial management parts. Still needs some work in a more flexible arrangement on the input page for individuals. Support has been helpful and responsive. Looking forward to using the new features.
ProsRelatively easy to use. Automatic updates included in the price. Good support.
ConsIndividual entry pages need to be more flexible.
November 7, 2016
Violet A.
Part of the church leadership
October 26, 2012

“Church Office Online Review”

OverallI highly recommend this program and this company to anyone, church or other religious organization interested in a program such as this. You have been such a blessing to us and to many in God's Kingdom and it is my prayer that the Lord will continue to bless you and use you and your programs to further His Kingdom.
ProsI love all the features I am using on this program. This was definitely a God sent because I was looking for a church program to use for our church for financial records. It was also a blessing to discover other records are automatically generated in the process. I like the fact that the church can maintain membership records through this program by basically just entering contributions. This program is able to record different demographics. The different reports that one is able to produce at the push of a button and from just recording contributions is unbelievable. The other feature is that of customer support. I have found such support impeccable. So far I have spoken to Mike Smith several times since I signed up for the program and he makes you understand everything so easily - the respect to the individual customer is commendable. He truly makes you not be ashamed to come back with the same question. I cannot wait to try other new features down the pipe.
ConsNo concerns whatsoever.
October 26, 2012
Catherine F.
October 29, 2012

“Customer Support”

OverallContinue the excellent customer service and listening to your clients. The improvements you have made thus far have been very effective. There's still room for improvement but for the most part, I think we have made a great investment in Church Office Online.
ProsI really appreciate that you value all our feedback as we use the software. I know I have emailed a few times suggestions as to what would make auditing easier for us & the members and you guys have implemented a couple. Our members like being able to watch their own contributions and updating their files. Attendance taking is easier.
ConsI have heard from a few of our members that they would like to view all their household (this is from the heads of household of course). I used to have a feature in Servent Keeper that would allow me to view the trends between years, such as giving for 2012/2011. This feature allowed us to take a quick look at where we were at at any given time. I didn't have to run a report just click on the graphs button. It gave the option to view several year trends. I think the attendance reports would be more beneficial if they were combined. I would like to pull up the service attendance TOTAL and still know who was there at the same time; instead of having to open up another report feature.
October 29, 2012
Akwasi B.
Presiding Elder
November 13, 2012

“Church Office Online User Friendliness”

Overall1. Data export feature available to only the system administrator. Other leaders set up to use the system should also have that feature for their custom reports. 2. Member category for adding an individual is restrictive. There should be an option to either add or modify to suit a particular church's mode of describing their membership categories. 3. The text messaging feature has a limit of 120 characters, but 160 is stated in video tutorial. The two should be the same, and I would suggest that they are made 160 to conform with that of standard mobile phones. 4. There is no counter on the text box. I suggest this should be provided as with mobile phones. Otherwise, there is the frustration of typing onto a word pad and checking every now and then to see if the characters allowed have been exceeded or not. This will take the excitement out of using the text messaging feature.
Pros1. Accessible on any computer with internet access 2. Other leaders can be set up to use the system. 3. Password protected 4. Data Export feature to help in customized reporting 5. Welcome and easy to use text messaging feature.
Cons1. Data export feature available to only the system administrator. 2. Member category for adding an individual is restrictive. 3. The text messaging feature has a limit of 120 characters, but 160 is stated in video tutorial. 4. There is no counter on the text box.
James S.
Rev.

“A Great Way To Begin”

OverallWhile looking for an online Church Management system we were overwhelmed by the sheer number of companies. We knew we wanted to be able to access the program from anywhere. We wanted it to handle contributions easily and offer an online giving feature. We wanted our membership to be able to update their own records as well as simplify their ability to interact with each other. We knew that in time we wanted a child check-in program. When I found Church Office Online I was very impressed. It wasn't the most sophisticated program on the market but it offered us an economical way to enter the online CMS market and offered many of the features we were looking for. The best thing about Church Office Online is that it has continued to grow with us. Many new features have been added and they listen to their customers. (A very rare commodity in todays business world.) I remain convinced that Church Office Online was the best choice for the Sheffield Church.
ProsUser Friendly Great Customer Support Always Expanding Excellent CMS features Simple Contribution Program Reasonable Cost New Attendance Feature Is Great Child Check In Members Access Is Wonderful Love Birthdays & Anniversaries on Main Page Nice Integrated Church Calendar On-line Giving
ConsCould use a few more reports. Android phone app
John R.
October 18, 2012

“Great Value Product!”

OverallI really like Church Management Online. It is a very high value application. It may not be sophisticated or feature-rich enough for some churches, but your are going to jump into a whole different ballgame price-wise to get anything better than CMO.
ProsVery reliable, integrates with Mailchimp, very responsive customer service, clean interface, great dashboard (good snapshot), levels of access, raw data export, externally viewable calendar... Web-based is the big plus for me as a mission planter with several volunteers who do their work from their homes. I've checked out many web-based church management products. I am quite knowledgeable, as I have done some web development myself. There are some other products out there that have more features, but their price point is considerably higher.
ConsThe user interface takes a little getting used to (like any specialized software), but it is implemented very consistently and once you "get" CMO, you can move through the entire software set easily. I wish it had a better internal social networking feature, like a group member could send a group email easily. But perhaps that's coming.
October 18, 2012
Walter H.
Treasurer
November 28, 2012

“Outstanding Software and Customer Service”

OverallI would highly recommend Church Membership Online. Before we started using CMO (about three years ago), we had tried several other software apllications for doing these tasks but concluded that CMO offered the most features for the subscription price. We have been very happy with CMO both as a software package as well as with customer service.
ProsChurch Membership Online (CMO) is very intuitive and easy to use for a multitude of church-related tasks. Our church uses CMO for keeping track of church membership, individual contributions, generating year-end contribution reports, keeping a church calendar, generating a membership role, and mass mailing of a weekly newsletter. The ability for church members to correct thier contact information is very useful and allows us to have up-to-date records. Members also appreciate being able to see their individual online contribution records as well as being able to access church member contact information. I must also say that the CMO customer support is outstanding and very responsive to our questions and needs!
ConsDoes not allow for personalization of the contribution reports.
Michael P.
October 2, 2012

“Powerful web based software rich with features”

OverallThis is an excellent church and contribution management software that provides 24/7 anywhere access to your church records and information. The already rich number of features are constantly being added to. Although packed with features, some of them do not work well together restricting the ability for on-the-fly modifications/edits in many areas. None-the-less it is budget friendly and will be as powerful as you make it based on how you utilize it.
ProsOnline access means you don't have to be in the office to access your church's data. Users can manage their own information and access their own giving records. Constant upgrades on the server side means less issues on the user side, more features, and is the start of excellent pro-active customer service. Supports child check-in, giving records, general membership information, spiritual growth and development, and new features on a regular basis.
ConsSome of the features are "clunky" and don't allow for smooth transitions like adding new individuals on the fly during contribution recording. Creating/editing households can be cumbersome.
Danny A.
Growth Pastor

“Church Office Online”

OverallA small organization that could fit very neatly into the way COO is structured should consider this. I know there are larger organizations that use this product and I would think they have had to address some of the same issues we have discovered. I have no doubt the program could be expanded to be outstanding. Just needs a little attention in some of the areas listed above.
ProsThe cost of the program is certainly great and the support Mike gives also seems to be outstanding. The basic concept is very easy to understand as databases go. The interface is not cluttered with lots of things that look like a programmer designed it. The various levels of rights is a nice touch as is the ability for members to access and update their own data. Although we haven't implemented yet, the ability to integrate with online giving is also a plus.
ConsVery limited in its ability to be customized in basic areas such as membership labels and categories are static and unchangeable. Student's email and phone numbers are unavailable in directories. Inability to directly sync with Google contacts and calendars is a big drawback. Current calendar is not useful for our organization and because of this we will have to duplicate every event on 2 calendars. The inability to import data apart from sending in to COO seems antiquated. Using the product has revealed shortcomings in usability such as simple navigation links that have been omitted. Although highlighted as a feature, lack of a native iOS or Android app makes the program virtually unusable on a smart phone. Overall this is certainly a step up for anyone who hasn't had an online database, and yet it seems to be a bit immature for a product that has been available for 7 years.
Jessica P.
Financial Director
October 17, 2012

“Church Office Online ”

OverallI would highly recommend this system.
ProsThis system is easy to implement and the customer service is fantastic! Any problem you experience is resolved promptly! Love working with the Church Office Online personnel. I also love that it's an internet based system so you can access your records anywhere, anytime. They system is pretty self explanatory and covers all the areas you need in a church database.
ConsThe report features could allow you to manipulate data a little better. It's difficult to easily see some attendance trends on the reports. Also, I wish there was an easier way to add individuals and households without duplicating efforts. You have to add the individual, type the information, and then do the same thing all over again for the household information. It would be nice if while you are adding an individual, you could just click a button to add the household with the same information, and assign that individual to the household all in the same screen.
October 17, 2012
Jeanie S.
Co-Pastor
October 8, 2012

“Church Office OnLine has been a life-saver!”

OverallMy overall recommendation is GET THIS PRODUCT! I especially recommend it for small churches who need a reliable bookkeeping system that is cost effective, easy to use and has all the bells and whistles!
ProsWe are a small non-denominational church plant in a city of big denominational churches. This is our first church as pastors. We were much concerned about keeping great records, and didn't know exactly how to go about that. Church Office has helped us tremendously...first, with a great price for small churches 1-60; second, with easy access to all the tools needed to keep accurate records including the finances and year end reports. It is also very easy to pay my bill each month using Paypal. I cannot say what a blessing it has been to me to be able to have all of this at my fingertips, organized and ever so helpful. Thank you for a great product & great service!
ConsAt this point in our experience with Church Office OnLine, I have no Cons.
October 8, 2012
Rose H.
October 3, 2012

“User Friendly and Amazing Reports”

OverallAny Church big or small should take a look at the tutorials and give Church Membership a try, you won't be disappointed! There customer service is the best ever, you won't be left hanging for answers!
ProsUsing Church Membership Online is so simple, entering and maintaining our data base has never been easier! The reports and graphs that can be generated are simple to read, understand and share with others. It is also so convenient that when we send out an email/newsletter to all our members/attenders, Mail Chimp draws from our current data base to send to just who we want. With the addition of Child Check-In, we hope that will make the safety and check in of our Compass Kids, so much better. Whenever I have had any questions, especially when we first started, I received a response usually the same day, but later than the next day, awesome customer support!
ConsWe haven't found any Cons with Church Membership Online and we have been using it for almost 2 years.
Tommy R.
November 13, 2012

“Great, better than I could imagine”

OverallI have used several different programs over the years and I am very impressed. We are new church start and this is helping us to start right. We are staying organized from the start and this is helping us to ensure that none slip through the cracks. The way they price based on members is another huge plus for a new church, or a smaller one. I would 100% recommend church office online for anyone!
ProsOnline so I can use any computer or device instead of having something loaded on a machine. Amazing...I mean AMAZING customer service, the most helpful I have seen, even better than Fellowship One (the big dog) The compatibility with an ipad for check in has been great as well. Price! The price is amazing, such a better deal than others. Texting! I am looking forward to this, it is actually the ONLY thing I was looking for that it didn't have, and now it does!
ConsI have found a single con yet...the only was the lack of text messages, and now we have that!
Lisbeth C.
Administrator
October 3, 2012

“A great value - would recommend for sure!”

OverallAs a former Database Manager (former career), I would definitely recommend Church Membership Online. It is robust in its scope yet still easy to use, and most amazingly, quite affordable!
ProsEasy to use/Intuitive Great truly-web-based tool All relevant parties (pastor, church staff, etc) able to view/share info in real time Very affordable! Responsive customer service Affordable and manageable system for a church like ours that is not a mega-church Very open to feedback regarding features and how the system works Anyone in the church can access their own record with just their email address - doesn't require admin to create a ton of users
ConsA few minor "clunky" navigational issues Can't capture both physical and mailing address at household level Can't capture more than two phone numbers at individual level (although a simple set of fields on the main record is a pro!)
Cesar M.
November 28, 2012

“Excellent Church Administration Tool”

OverallOur Church s based in London England, even do we are using your software, could it be more open for other currencies, at the moment you got just for Canada & USA; I have recommended your software to others Pastors but this issue with currency stop them using it. Also the classification for school years, the education system is different in other countries, it should be better for us to classify by ages rather that for scholar year..
ProsFor us it has been an useful tool to know how our church is doing in attracting new visitors and working for assimilation. Our last planning leadership meeting was easy to present our journey in 2012.
ConsI had some problems when I register the offerings, there is some amounts that I really don't know where they come from, it s a bit confuse. We get confuse when we register children and teen, because the school system is different.
Sherry M.
Administrative Assistent
December 4, 2012

“Customer support rules!”

OverallThe more I learn about this program the more I like it. What I know I highly recommend.
ProsI am so happy with Customer Support. I put a phone call out and get a response in a timely manner. They meet me at my level. They are right there when I need help. They spend the time to be on the phone giving me a step-by-step walk through. They are respectful. They allow me the time and courtesy to try out for myself what I need to accomplish while they are on the phone. I come away feeling confident that I can do the task ahead. Five shining stars! I did have an email response with how to do a task that was most helpful and clear. I could follow th instructions well
ConsI did not always find email so timely. I did not get a within 24 hour response.
December 4, 2012
Chris S.
Minister
November 29, 2012

“It was exactly what I was looking for!!!”

OverallI would highly recommend this site. It will help you organize details and events. It will also aid you in tracking families.
ProsAs a minister, there are a hundred things that I have to track; there are details I need to remember about people and about circumstances. Church office online meets that need! I can use it any where I have my computer, tablet or smart phone. Details come at all times of the day. It is nice to be able to look up information and add information no matter where I am at. Also, our leadership, staff, and church secretary can add updates on details of events and peoples that I can view. Instead of having to track people down for these details, they are on the site.
ConsI have nothing negative to say about church office online.
Tabitha R.
Children's Ministry Coordinator

“Very Affordable”

OverallOverall, I would recommend this product. Especially for small churches and low budget churches.
ProsWhen researching membership database options this was the most affordable while still meeting our needs. With the addition of the Child Check-in System, which is included for free, you can't beat it! It is fairly simple to use and set up users. The customer service is excellent! I usually get a reply within 5 minutes of sending an email.
ConsWith any new system there are some bugs to work out. Sometimes you have to enter information into seperate areas for it to apply. For example, when entering a household, you can add new individuals to the household when you set it up, but there is a bug with the anniversary date & membership dates. Sometimes they are grayed out with no obvious reason.
Travis M.
June 13, 2018

“Great church software to help you run your church smooth!”

ProsThis software is so easy to learn to use and to maintain. I love the texting feature that you can mass text your church members all at one time or in groups.
ConsThe only missing function in this software was the accounting feature, it would be an even better product if it had that.
June 13, 2018
Jeanna T.
October 2, 2012

“Heritage Oaks Membership ”

OverallI would highly recommend this program to any other church administrators. I love it. It makes my job so much easier & my day so much better!
ProsIt makes my job a lot easier. I have to keep attendance every sunday & the pastor & I send letters to the people who are out that week. With the software I can have attendance done in about 10 mins. Its also very cost effective. I don't have to use so much paper to keep records. I would highly recommend it to other churches.
ConsThey only thing that I would recommend adding to the program needs to have better integration with mobile devices. We tried to use an ipod one sunday but it was alot harder. It would be so much more resourceful if it were cleaner & easier to access on the go.
Corey L.
November 28, 2012

“Great product with great customer service!”

OverallI would recommend this to any church office looking to move their record keeping online!
ProsThe transition to Church Office Online has been quite easy and having all of our data in one convenient location has streamlined many of our church office functions. The Cloud based system has also been very handy because it has allowed staff to access necessary information outside of the office on laptops and even on smart phones.
ConsThere is a bit of a learning curve on getting the program to do exactly what we have needed but customer support has been phenomenal. Questions get answered almost immediately and the service has been extremely professional and helpful.
Karen B.
Office Administrator

“Enjoying CMO”

OverallI think any church of any size would be pleased with this product.
ProsWe have uploaded our member data and are starting to use CMO for attendance and contribution monitoring. I love that I can take attendance on my phone at the beginning of service and not have to enter it the next day. Contributions are easy to enter. I like that the church family can update their ever changing information! The staff likes the reporting pieces and demographics look. The church family likes having an up-to-date directory at their fingertips.
ConsFor me, only minor tweaking of some things need to be done, but the customer support is great about it!
Kenny S.

“At Our Fingertips”

OverallWe would recommend others to use this technology to assimilate their information and communicate with their membership.
ProsWe have found this program easy to understand and use. The navigation is very organized and the assimilation of information is almost instant when selected. The variety of fields and filters available are excellent can even be customized. So far, everything has lived up to what is promised in the promotional material from Church Office Online.
ConsWe have not experienced any negative features of this technology. The only thing we might suggest they add in the future is mass e-mail and phone texting right from their platform.
Doug L.
Executive Pastor
October 5, 2012

“OUTSTANDING PRODUCT & SUPPORT”

OverallTwo enthusiastic thumbs up!
ProsOur church office transitioned from an installed cumbersome church data system to Church Office Online in a matter of a few hours. The fact that our team can login from anywhere in the world via the cloud is fantastic. We added the Vanco online giving piece offered, and again within a few hours we were "live", website to bank with rates that were extremely competitive. Church Office Online has made its product simple to use, easy to train. Support has been a breath of fresh air, responsive and efficient.
ConsIn 10 months of use, I can't come up with any "cons"!
October 5, 2012
RJ P.
December 14, 2015

“Things just don't work”

OverallWe switched to COO a couple years ago because we needed to save money and liked the features of COO. They have changed there system so now it looks exactly like Shelby Next (and i mean exactly). The problem I have is that nothing works right. They seem to be out running themselves trying so hard to put out new and better services while never making the ones they release work right. Whenever I call with problems, all i get is "yes this is not working right i will send this to the development team and we will get back to you." They never get back to you and they never fix the problem The straw that broke the camels back is that the Giving Tracking is unreliable. Batches get double posted and a lot of money that comes in online (through their program) never gets recorded in the program. Our finance lady is now going through EVERYONES giving for the whole year and manually reconciling their recorded giving to our bank statements... She really doesn't like COO. We're looking for a new solution.

By Church Office Online on December 17, 2015
Thank you for taking the time to discuss the specific issues you are having with our program. I took some detailed notes! We value the input of our subscribers and continually work to improve our product and service. Church Office Online ChMS
December 14, 2015
Andrew D.
October 16, 2012

“Just Starting But Already Love It”

OverallChurchmembershiponline.com is wonderful. Our congregation just moved from a much bulkier and cumbersome program that required constant maintenance just to keep information current. WIth the ability to update from anywhere and have members handle their own information is the main reason we switched. Even though we just started using it, it has already changed how we manage our congregations paper work.
ProsEase of use Ability for members to keep their information current Quick to start Support is very fast in responding
ConsTakes a while to become comfortable with ALL the features. An iPhone/Android app would be great instead of using a browser
October 16, 2012
EDWIN J.
DEACON EDWIN JANNEY
November 9, 2012

“THE ROAD FORWARD”

Overall I will recommend however that a feature to allow the administrator to view activity per login will be most desirable. This will enhance the security in the system. The admin can tell who did what. It will be good to add that to the reports feature accessible by admin or pastor.
ProsThis system is very easy to use, very convenient and also easy to get ordinary church members to use. The customer service and technical support team is quick to respond and very supportive. The system is efficient, and saves time in communication within the church organization.
ConsNot much to say on cons.
November 9, 2012
Karl K.
October 2, 2012

“Great Solution! Great Product! Great Price!”

OverallI highly recommend Church Office Online to help you to ministry.
ProsAs a pastor of a small church, I had been searching for ages for a product that would meet our needs, that was affordable, and was not created in the 1990's. I'm very thankful for finding Church Office Online. I very much appreciate being able to access information from the office, my home or from my phone.
ConsWith it being webbased, it not quite as snappy as it could be, and there are a few things that are confusing. But for the most part it's pretty user friendly and responsive.
Debbie J.

“Innovating ”

OverallWould recommend this software because it is a great tool for all in the ministry (staff and congregation).
ProsAccessible from any computer. Really love the idea of using the iPad, mobile phones, etc. Really like that others may sign in and use the data for themselves in other areas of ministry. Video tutorials.
ConsNot as easy to set up different needed areas. It would have been nice to have known more at the beginning about dates, anniversary's, church membership dates, so that additional data entry would not have been needed as much. re: the data import method.
Dorothy C.
November 28, 2012

“Simple to use; good for a small church”

OverallExcellent, especially for a small church that needs something easy and flexible. The customer support is A++++++; anytime I have had a question or problem I have gotten personalized support very quickly.
ProsThis product is excellent for a small church that really only has volunteer labor, b/c the online format means people can look at information on as many different computers as necessary. Very easy to use, very intuitive.
ConsFor a larger church, some of the financial info might not be powerful enough
Arthur S.
November 28, 2012

“A Great Resource to Churches of All Sizes!!!”

OverallI would actually recommend this software for any congregation of any sizes. I love the fact that it's an online product and that our data is 100% secure!
Pros-Easy to understand with great tutorial videos. -Simple outline of software to implement data. -Many helpful resources and bonus services you wouldn't expect in in package like this. -Very cost effective no matter what size your congregation.
Cons-I do not have any cons at this time. I feel all of our needs being met through this software.
Don K.
October 2, 2012

“So Easy A Pastor Could Use It...”

OverallI would definitely recommend Church Office Online to others.
ProsI gave Church Membership Online five stars for customer support because we have literally never needed any help. The website is so easy to use and to navigate. The cost is very friendly for small churches like ours. It has been worth every penny.
ConsWe had a little bit of trouble understanding how to add individuals versus families but after a short trial and error we caught on and it has worked well for us.
Derrick A.
Associate Pastor
November 28, 2012

“Great church management resource!”

OverallHighly recommend this product for other churches to use - helps us stay organized and focused, without the hassle of tedious recording and reporting.
ProsAwesome attendance tracking and reporting that is very user-friendly! Very beneficial database system that helps keep our church organized!
ConsSince it is web-based, we are a little limited in our use of this at the middle school on Sundays, so some more offline-use accessibility would be nice.
Lara C.
Secretary
October 2, 2012

“Good for small churches”

OverallThis is a great overall product. It is perfect for our small church and at an affordable price. Support team has been very responsive in responding to issues. They also seem to be releasing new features all the time.
ProsThe feature we liked the most is that this software runs in the cloud. We don't have to install on our server and all our volunteers can access. This product has really helped us in organizing our data.
ConsWish some functions were more customizable.
Clark V.
Assistant Pastor
December 22, 2013

“Simply Awesome!”

OverallHow does one describe that Goldilocks experience? Just right. That's CMO in a nutshell. Moreover, the import your old data option was a monumental blessing, and worth every penny. We are a small church with no full-time staff or pastors ... everyone is part-time. This software is perfect for our needs and appears to flexible for any sized church's needs. Too many features to mention in a single review...one would need to blog about that. Perfect! Simply perfect.
December 22, 2013
Sherman G.

“Overall Pleased”

OverallIt's a good product. Useful and growing.
ProsWe have a handle of concerns/critiques that seem to be 'heard' by the developers, if nothing else. I like that. The product does seem to be continually developing, which I like to see.
ConsToo many 'small' yet annoying issues. We have addressed those, and will continue to do so throughout the support side of the website and/or calls in to tech support.
Jerry M.

“Review Request”

OverallThis is a great product at an even better price. I've been looking at church management software for over a year and found church office to be the best value for a small church plant. It has a lot of great features that can grow with our church.
ProsI really like how easy it is to navigate through all the features. The display is very intuitive.
ConsI would like to see a visitor registration module that can easily be used on a tablet.
Civic & Social Organization, 201-500 employees
Used the software for: I used a free trial
October 11, 2018

“Works for the Mid-sized Church”

OverallGreat experience.
ProsThey have great functionality on certain levels of the software for leaders to connect with their small groups easily which has been nice.
ConsI think as you grow and want to see more data flow, it's hard to see everything with the reports that they give you.
October 11, 2018
Gabe R.
Lead
March 5, 2018

“You get what you pay for. This is the cheapest software in its field. Customer support is rough. ”

ProsIts cheap! Its customizable. It works great for keeping attendance and people's info at your finger tips...if you don't have trouble logging in.
ConsWhat I made in savings I spent double on in staff time on the phone with "customer support". I have many regrets about this purchase.
March 5, 2018
Cade B.

“Sweet Program”

OverallThis is a powerhouse of a program. I highly recommend it to any church that is looking for a way to manage all of their churches information.
ProsI like operating off of the cloud, being able to have immediate access to church information.Two other pros are the simplicity of use and the designers ability to listen to the needs of their customers and adapt.
ConsHave not come across one yet
Lula W.
Church Clerk

“Awesome Program”

OverallThe software is great. It has great reporting features and I have recommended it to others.
ProsAll I need is my laptop to have my office at my fingertips. The membership clerk and I can both work at the same time, from different locations (or the same). Love it.
ConsMy church does not (yet) have a web site, therefore we can not take advantage of the email feature.
Nancy S.
November 29, 2012

“Church Office Online, easy to use and immediate help by phone!”

OverallYes, we would recommend Church Membership Online to anyone who ask what we were using.
ProsIt was easy to transfer our records to Church Office Online. We can customize our member's records for specific information. This program has so many different reports such as membership categories and contributions.
ConsHaven't found any yet.
Carla G.

“Easy to use program”

OverallOverall, I would recommend this program for ease of use.
ProsVery east to use. I love the new feature when members can access their own information without being able to access/change admin-only areas.
ConsSome of the reports have a few kinks (for instance I get odd date(s) from a different month on birthday reports). Also, not the most cost-effective program.
N W.
Administrator
January 15, 2014

“Excellent”

OverallGreat customer support. Easy to use. It doesn't take hundreds of dollars and hours of training to be up and running. It is highly customizable. You can create a database which gives you exactly the information you want. Reports take just seconds to create. Overall it is a great value and costs much less than other church management software.
January 15, 2014
Cheryl H.
Bookkeeper

“CMO Review”

OverallI do recommend CMO as a multi-functional data tool for any church.
ProsCustomer support is the best. Any questions or issues that I have had have been answered/addressed very quickly. Entering new Households with individuals is simple.
ConsAny past issued have been addressed and resolved. No problems.
Dana F.
Treasurer

“Time Saving Software”

OverallMeets our needs as a small church.
ProsYear end giving statements are easy to generate. Entering contributions is fast and easy. Support is responsive. Software is being updated on a regular basis.
ConsEntering new households and individuals is somewhat confusing. Pricing is a little high, but still worth investing.
April 25, 2018

“Being able to do our church work remotely is a big bonus”

ProsBeing able to access all the functions and information without phone calls, emails and visiting the church records has been a key requirement for our software and this one meets them all.
ConsThe UI is a bit dated looking but really at the end of the day it is how software works not what it looks like. As Jesus said - it is on the inside that what counts.
April 25, 2018