Compeat Ratings

Overall
3.8/5
2.9/5

About Compeat

Compeat is the leading provider of integrated accounting, back office, workforce and business intelligence solutions designed specifically for restaurants. With over 19 years of industry experience, Compeats solutions are designed to maximize restaurant profitability and control prime cost through actionable business intelligence. Learn more about Compeat

Kadi D.
Accounting Assistant
Restaurants, 51-200 employees
November 21, 2018

“Accounting Assistant Review”

ProsI really love how easy it is for me to use Compeat. I can search, enter, void, etc. very easily. Anything that i am unable to do - I can easily search in the help box. I also like the fact that Compeat has a lot of warnings. IE when entering something in the wrong period or something duplicated. It makes it easier to not make mistakes.
ConsWe have been using Compeat for 7 years. Recently we had a switch in POS system and we were supposed to have an integration complete by Compeat with Harbortouch. There has been a serious lack of communication from Compeat. I would have given Compeat 5 stars in all categories if it were not for this. We have been loyal customers but out needs are just no longer being met.
November 21, 2018
Restaurants, 501-1000 employees
May 3, 2019

“The Good and Bad”

OverallOverall the software is good. Be prepared to figure a lot out on your own! Compeat is super focused on rolling out new software and have been promising new stuff for years. But they never cross the finish line. It is somewhat like a comedy of errors.
ProsIt is a great software for Multi Unit Restaurant Companies.
ConsNever Udpates. Same software for the past 7 years. SLOW Customer Service is lacking They describe themselves as Restaurant Professionals....ahh no...They work 9-5. Take off a week a year for a conference and dont work weekends. They do not understand the restaurant space which is disheartening.
May 3, 2019
grace d.
FOH supervisor
Food & Beverages, 501-1000 employees
June 26, 2019

“No problems ”

OverallI really enjoy Using compeat and feel like it makes my life at work a lot easier! During my manager training The consulting company that we used, explained that a lot of restaurants don't even use any program like this. So I am very grateful we have it!!!
ProsAs a first time restaurant manager, the ease of using compeat is great. Whether it is Doing the scheduling or an inventory issue, I am going to get it all done from and find all my info there. I like having a one stop shop to do all of my work. . Doing the ordering is very easy as well because all of our vendors are uploaded into compeat.
ConsThe only thing I would say I don't like Is that it such a big program there is so much information, it's hard to know all of it. I feel like daily I learn something new about compeat which is great but I wish I had like a crash course on it when I started working with the program.
June 26, 2019
Jordan P.
accounting assistant
Accounting, 201-500 employees
November 28, 2018

“compeat”

ProsThis system is very easy to use and doesn't take long to teach others how it works. I like how simple it is to change a users rights so they can have access to more reports.
ConsOur company switched to a different POS system and compeat is not compatible. This makes it very difficult and time consuming to manually enter the data that used to be automatically pulled.
November 28, 2018
Liam C.
Trainer
June 1, 2018

“We use this for inventory management”

ProsI've been using compeat for years. It's got everything we need to keep track of inventory, waste, ordering, and invoices.
ConsIt's pretty straightforward to use so I don't have any issues there, but occasionally it'll decide to update overnight and we'll have trouble getting in the next day
June 1, 2018
Joely R.
COO
March 7, 2018

“We have been using Compeat for over 10 years and every year, the software gets more comprehensive.”

ProsInventory tracking, daily sales reports, the integration of Payroll, scheduling and hiring and controllable costs tracking.
ConsThere are always bumps when there is a new rollout and sometimes it makes life more difficult. Customer support can take awhile as well.
March 7, 2018
Kelcie S.
Social Media Manager
Restaurants, 1001-5000 employees
December 21, 2018

“Compeat”

ProsEasy to use at the restaurant level. Our people really enjoy it and are onboard quickly.
ConsAt an organizational level, this was really difficult. Does not support large organizations super well. Difficult to support multiple entities at once.
December 21, 2018
Jessica S.
Director of Operations
Restaurants, 11-50 employees
April 14, 2017

“Love Compeat”

OverallCompeat has great tools and functionality. The set up of the software is long and intensive, but if done correctly gives you all the reporting you never knew you needed.
ProsVast reporting and great customer support.
ConsCan be slow at times.
April 14, 2017
Lauren B.
Accounting Clerk
Accounting, 51-200 employees
August 19, 2019

“Average Accounting Software”

ProsI liked that it was easy to attach documents to each entry for paperless software.
ConsNot super user friendly if you have multiple companies.
August 19, 2019
December 28, 2017

“We use this for our restaurant inventory. It allows our locations to all have the same information. ”

ProsIt's very helpful in staying consistent with our inventory at each location. It allows us to streamline our process.
ConsThe implementation period was challenging. Not sure of the customer support. Seemed to be all on us to figure it out.
December 28, 2017
Bethany N.
Sales & Marketing Director
Restaurants, 501-1000 employees
April 30, 2019

“Horrible Customer Service”

OverallWe hired them, and they make you do your own database work! For a multi-concept, menu restaurant group, this costed us MANY man hours. We needed a custom spread sheet export for our payroll company, and they would not bend, think outside the box or try to help in any way! We are now trying to get out of the contract we signed, because we are so upset with this process. It's been a headache the entire way.
ProsThere is nothing to like. We are not happy.
ConsCustomer service is horrible. No communication kills.
April 30, 2019
Kimberley B.
Accountant 1
Recreational Facilities and Services, 201-500 employees
December 4, 2018

“Multiple uses”

ProsI like that I can sort data and easily export to suit my needs though out the day.
ConsCustomer service does not always respond quickly, can leave you in a bind.
December 4, 2018