POS Nation Ratings

Overall

About POS Nation

POS Nation recognizes that store owners need a point of sale specifically tailored to their unique businesses. That's why we sell more than POS systems. We sell complete point of sale solutions. We offer a variety of hardware and software options to meet the needs of retail stores, restaurants, and specialty shops around the world. Our POS systems are supported by our dedicated customer service including 24/7 US-based support, payment processing, and even ongoing employee training. Learn more about POS Nation

Karen W.
Retail, Self-employed

“My first POS”

OverallFor the most part, the service has been good. I accidentally ended up talking to someone on the east coast when I first began investigating the possibility of making this POS purchase, which is a challenge when I am trying to talk to someone on the west coast where I'm located. Anything that I need must be shipped from across the country instead of up the coast. But the people are friendly and helpful. Even if they insist I watch the videos in order to learn more about the operation of the system. That would be much easier if I actually had speakers on my machine or a place to hook them up, but I do not. Watching the videos on my home computer do not help, as I cannot practice what I just learned. Would I buy this again, knowing what I know now? Probably, although I think I'd do a little more research and ask a lot more questions first.
ProsI purchased this POS machine and software in order to streamline our monthly sales and inventory. For the most part, it has met those needs satisfactorily. I like that I can look up sales info for specific days and track inventory during both the busy season and the shoulder season. Being able to spot trends is paramount to achieving success in any business, and that's one of the main reasons I wanted to use this software. Tracking expenses and profit/loss is also something I'm looking forward to doing with ease once I figure it out. Also, having an machine that links up to our online store and keeps inventory current is a major plus.
ConsOooh, this is gonna be a long list. It is not exactly user friendly or intuitive. Entering inventory is a pain in the neck. You must go through two separate screens in order to complete all the information on each item! I would much rather have a long list of things to complete on one screen than have to close out Style Matrix, go into Inventory Maintenance, find the item, fill in the missing details (part number, description for the price tags, web description, etc.) then print out the price tags (which is on yet another screen!) Also, there have been updates to the software that make some interesting changes, including having items go missing from the database and when I'm trying to ring up a customer and the machine insists that the item is NOT in inventory and would I like to add it now (even though I JUST scanned a barcode printed out by my machine) is super frustrating. Sometimes I just need to scan it for a third time before it recognizes the code and the purchase can continue. Also, the TS lookup is a hassle, as there is no way to tell if you're choosing the correct color or size in a style matrix situation. Also, when you get your online store together, the categories and departments are the opposite of what they are in the POS, which is horribly confusing, and you cannot easily change categories or departments. Don't even think about deleting one of them, because that is one button click from disaster. It gets ugly.

By POS Nation on September 12, 2019
We appreciate the feedback, Karen!
Gordon L.
March 15, 2019

“Great system for the Money ”

OverallI have spent the most part of a year researching most if not all the different POS systems out there. Though there are other systems that would fit my business model, the down fall is a lot of them are cloud base. With the lack of internet available in Alaska I need a system that I could use without total reliance on the internet. POS Nation was the best application for my needs. I was able to purchase everything I needed to operate my business, I 'm currently operating two stations with a third acting as my storage and back up system that was purchased locally for that purpose. Take the time needed to properly setup this system, the data you can get form this software will greatly assist you in making decisions in maintaining and growing your business.
ProsCRE is a good program for the kind of business that I run. I recently purchased a grocery/liquor store which has a RV park and small hotel that I have been able to manage through the software. It was a lot of work setting up inventory, and incorporating the RV/Hotel to make it work with the system but with due diligence and with the great support POS provides has made managing my business far easier then it would be without it.
ConsI have had only minor issues with the hardware for example the key boards that are sent with the system are not worth the box that the were sent in had to replace them with in a month of receiving them. The keys stick and get stuck and not everything can be done efficiently through a touch screen. The back office program is a great program with good reportage, but working with purchase orders need some work. The creation of a PO doesn't work with real world situations. Once generated the can't be adjusted when faced with stock outs or quantity changes. So I don't us it to generate my orders with vendors, more so for receiving my orders. Again these are just minor issues. Again the reportage you get form the system is very informative and allows you to efficiently manage your day to day, monthly and yearly reportage.
Carly H.
Food & Beverages, 11-50 employees
March 15, 2019

“By Far Best Customer Support”

OverallI did months & months of research on many (20+) different POS systems before deciding to finally make the switch to POS Nation (CRE). We have used 4 other systems in the past 37 years and I can already tell you POS Nation FAR exceeds any customer service and technical support we have ever received. It was a rocky transition (as expected) but support team and many others at POS Nation were extremely patient & supportive throughout the entire transition. If you are in need of a new POS system, I highly recommend considering POS Nation.
ProsCustomer & technical support have been top notch. We are a business that has used about 8 different POS companies over the last 37 years & have worked with numerous "support" staff from each company. Although we anticipated a rough transition period (as it turned out to be), the staff at POS Nation was there every step of the way. Specifically, customer support were all extremely patient & supportive throughout the month+ long transition.
ConsA lot of the reports that are available are completely useless, whereas some reports that you would think are completely necessary for a POS system are not available... the most difficulty we have with the lack of reports involves Customer reports. One other CON to CRE is the Quickbooks Sales Pass. It is not as seamless as one would think when you are told it is "fully integrated with Quickbooks."
Phil H.
Farming, 1-10 employees

“Love our POS System”

OverallWe are a Christmas Tree Farm with a fairly large gift shop. We are only open seasonally and POS Nation is willing to work with us during the time we are open. This system has allowed us to have total control of the trees in the field, the number of trees sold, and aided us in knowing when to close the harvest. Our entire gift shop is now in the data base which allows for quick and accurate checking-out of the customers. We have also integrated our CC processing in with the POS system and everything works great! I can't say enough good about our experience with POS Nation.
ProsHow easy it was to enter the entire inventory into the system. The speed with which you can check out a customer! And the ability to run easy accurate reports at the end of the day, week or year!
ConsI can't think of anything I don't like about the software. Anytime I have had a problem, the system had what I needed, I just didn't know how to use it. Customer support has always solved my problems and taught me what we needed to know. Or better yet, how to use the system.
Kyle M.
Product Specialist
Retail, 11-50 employees
August 20, 2018

“Cash Register Express from a 20 Year Reseller”

OverallWe've been selling this software (and many others) to cater to our retail clients and it is by far my favorite. If you have a retail business, and you don't want to ever question the capabilities of your POS software while also having the peace of mind that you're not over paying, pcAmerica's Cash Register Express (CRE) is everything you need. We offer a free buyers guide that will compare this software against many others, feel free to visit our website at any time so we can give you a tour!
Pros-Easy to Use -Feature for Everything -Best Value (Other companies charge more for same features) -Supports Multiple Stores -Supports MANY Payment Processors -Supports Excel Import -Supports Hardware from all Industries (Under the counter scanner scales (as seen in grocery stores), Coin Dispensers, Caller ID, etc.)
Cons-Not Supported on Android / iOS / Mac OS -Requires Intermediate windows knowledge for setup. -Does not have the best cloud integration.
August 20, 2018
Restaurants, 51-200 employees
January 15, 2019

“Life made easier ”

OverallThis system has benefited us so much at McDonals, because it helps keeps us organized and up to date with everything that we may need help with or inventory on. It also makes it a lot easy for our crew too.
ProsThe most that I like about this software is that I am able to manage everything on this system at McDonald's. I can check times, check products and look at all the orders that had came through that day. Also with this system you are able to do schedules and make sure that the inventory is put in. With this system you can do just about anything even knowing the total sales for that day and month. This system helps keep everything together.
ConsThe only thing that I did not like was the fact that sometimes when I was trying to do an order, it automatically started rebooting itself and doing an update. It did not happen too often.
January 15, 2019
Melissa J.
Regional Director
Retail, 11-50 employees
February 23, 2017

“Perfect for Liquor Stores”

ProsCash register express has over 75 different reports that are available to view or print. This software is compatible with a large variety of credit card processors and equipment options to ensure compliant and secure processing. Great added feature such as card swipes for employee login, handheld scanner for efficient inventory management, scheduling features for your staff and plenty other funtions that will help reduce labor hours spent on payroll, consolidation and employee hours.
ConsCash register express has amazing functionality, but that can come at a high price. This is a PC based software solution, so depending on the size of your business or the number of pos stations needed, the initial cost may be significant. Some features such as 24/7 customer support and customized reports come at an extra charge as well. Since this software is so detailed, some functions such as inventory can become cumbersome and involve significant time to setup.
Cynthia D.
VP / CoOwner
March 12, 2019

“POS Nation tops the list”

OverallPOS Nation offers great service. From the Rep in sales to the tech guys. They have always been polite, and quick with service. My only real complaint is that when I have an urgent call because a customer is waiting, I can never get through to someone right away. It can take some time for someone to get back with me. But when they do, it is usually handled.
ProsI like POS Nation. The Cash Register Express software is pretty good but it needs more flexibility. Need easier flexibility to run comparison reports for year to year comparisons, comparing products, etc.
ConsCash Register Express needs more flexibility with all reports. Also we are a small business. Should have the ability to turn off requirements to enter passwords to do end of day and do backups.
Jeff D.
Technician
Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 501-1000 employees
June 17, 2019

“Great bang for the buck”

OverallWe have a unique environment here at ESI where we have an engineering & manufacturing facility with an employee cafeteria. There's only one register with a local receipt printer and a networked line printer for the grill/sandwich items. When we installed the software customer support listened well and understood so that it was quite seamless. Then, later when we added debit card support we ordered & received the correct card swipe terminal and were able to turn on the functionality very easily. When we've had network outage issues or had to change IP addressing POS Nation support was very helpful and was able to assist to resolve issues quickly. Overall it has been very good.
ProsOrganization, flexibility and customizability
ConsThe look and feel seems a little clunky...perhaps time for an upgrade?

By POS Nation on September 12, 2019
Thanks for the review, Jeff!
June 17, 2019
Sharon W.
CFO
Tobacco, 1-10 employees
March 18, 2019

“We love POS Nation”

OverallWe pay the monthly maintenance fee, which is very helpful when needing assistance in the evenings. We are open from 9am until midnight, so we need support during a wide range of times. POS Nation offers that coverage.
ProsThis software is great at inventory tracking. I use the Advanced Reporting also that allows me to customize various reports that are not offered as a standard report.
ConsI wish is had a way to export several fields all onto one report into an excel file. The only export offered is from their list of standard reports. So I have to download 2 or more reports into excel and then merge the data together to get the needed information.
March 18, 2019
Otto G.
General Manager
Food & Beverages, 11-50 employees
March 15, 2019

“Broad range, excellent service.”

OverallPOS Nation has some of the best customer service I've come across. 24 Hour (I think anyway) technicians available, and they even assigned one person to be our contact guy for setting up the new system. He was an invaluable resource when we were just getting started. While not every technician is familiar with every POS System, they are knowledgeable enough to help solve most minor issues, or set up a call-back appointment for the next day with another agent. Could not be happier with POS Nation and their support.
ProsI am using RPower POS System through POS Nation. This software is very in depth, almost overwhelmingly so. There is next to nothing you can't do through it and as far as POS Systems I've used throughout my career, is easily the most broad and intricate software I've ever seen. RPower comes highly recommended especially if you have a complex or large menu.
ConsIt's range of features and capability are so immense that at times it seems almost intimidating. I have been using it for nearly 4 months now and I'm figuring new things out every day. Sometimes confusing to do what one would imagine to be a simple task, until you figure out all of its various quirks and commands. If you have a small or very simple menu, I would suggest a smaller and simpler POS System.
Michael H.
March 10, 2017

“Complete wast of time & money.”

OverallI am the manager of Marshalls Creek Plumbing Supplies in Pa and we 1st purchased Cash Register Express from a PC America sales back in 2012. With this purchase were spec that inventory would be able to support scanners. Pc America sold use a Honeywell scanner and then after several months they (PC America) could not get it to work with their program. Several other problem came up and then we got a lawyer only to find out the salesman was and (ISO agent) not and employee of PC America. PC America told us that we were not the original owner as the product was sold trough a contractor (ISO agent). We abandoned the product & mothballed the equipment. It gets better! FASTFORWARD TO 2016 A Heartland salesman came for our credit processing business and through the conversation he told us that they now own PC America. After going over some of the above he said that if we want to get it up and running he would make it happen. Well we figured that we have the stuff we might as well try it. So we got it running and have a large part of the inventory installed ( no scanner though) and the owner went on vacation for a few months. I got the notice that the yearly service/tech support payment was due, we were not using the system for sales. I contacted the owner and he said that as long as we can keep installing the inventory keep going and he will make the payment when he gets back. We got the 2nd notice that payment was due and (guess what) the system will not boot up now. No error code it just will not start. I called PC America and they said it was just a coincidence (it happens he said) we don't turn off your system because of nonpayment for support. However if you pay us the fee you will be up and running today. I contacted a IT guy we use and he said that he knows that PC America uses a time bomb in their program and if no contact with home base by a set date it shuts down. So much for ownership. Don't deal with this company!
ProsIt seem to be easy to load in our inventory through Excel. The stations communicate with the main station very well.
ConsNo support, repeat no support. We were just loading in our inventory no sales yet. Support payment came due while owner on vacation & upon the email for the 2nd notice they system will not boot up. No error code it just will not start. PC America told us to By the support & we will be back up today. We purchase the software complete but they can still shut it down to blackmail you into paying more money.
March 10, 2017
jennifer S.
Apparel & Fashion, 1-10 employees
April 11, 2019

“owner”

OverallReally enjoy all the technical support team really listen to my needs and problem solve for my business. Make great suggestions for my operating system. I like that all my needs are in one shop.
ProsStep by step walks you through.easy to enter product. Easy to review stock of inventory. Manage Report from year to year. Clock in clock out. Accounting purposes, great best sellers. Times of day busy
ConsThe return process. Not able to print reports of items when you enter them.

By POS Nation on September 12, 2019
Thanks for the review, Jennifer!
April 11, 2019
Lucky C.
Consumer Goods, 1-10 employees
March 16, 2019

“Amazing support and equipment”

OverallOverall satisfied with my purchase and service. Wish they would provide free upgrades when requested.
ProsThey have multiple of options available including equipment to software to match your business needs. Very compatible with current equipment so it wasn't hard to switch over.
ConsAt times the system will get slow, will call support however they require a level 2 support to assist. They are available during the weekday however not weekend. In addition, you will have to call to get your system updated and only if there is problems.
March 16, 2019
Peter N.
Supermarkets, 1-10 employees
February 26, 2017

“Upgrades and ”

OverallAfter conducting a lot of research, we decided to go with PC America Cash Register Express (CRE) when we opened our small grocery store in 2013. Set-up was easy the tech-support folks from POS Nation. We ran with a server, 2 touch screens, card swipe and pin pads, one scale, thermal printers, USB and Bluetooth scanners, and a customer display pole. Everything was fine for the first 2 years until we started getting software upgrades. We were advised to upgrade our pin-pad to the new standards. Waited until the end of the tourist season to upgrade, and then things went to hell in a hand-basket. Credit cards would not work... EBT cards failed... and our Loyalty Program has been dead for nearly 6 months with no fix in sight. I'm not sure what happened with PCA after they were acquired by Heartland, but it has been one disaster after another. Our Purchase Order screen was jacked-up for months on end. Eaches and Cases did not compute correctly. They supposedly fixed that with the last upgrade, but now our margins are screwed-up. I have no way of accurately knowing what our margin is now because our "cost averaging" is incorrect. Of course, this affects profit reports, tax reports, and the list goes on and on. This is typical PC software. It functions with many bugs and is NOT very intuitive. There is no rhyme or reason to the menus, and burrowing down just leads to dead-ends.
ProsThe software is stable in the sense that it has only crashed 2 - 3 times over the course of 4 years.
ConsSee above... Menus are NOT user-friendly. Upgrades are obviously NOT tested. Incompatible with many peripherals, and they try to force you into their hardware, which in turn forces you to their payment processor. Tech support is lacking since I purchased from a hardware provider, and PCA forces me to go through the middle-man.
February 26, 2017
Yaret H.

“Reliable system!”

OverallI like the tech support, always available when we need them.
Prossimple to use, user friendly and easy to train new employees
ConsI can't put large pictures on the boxes, Wish it would have a full pictures and text on top of the picture. Online report printing is not available. I can't print daily sales report from my home office.
Linda P.
March 12, 2019

“POS Nation Technical Support Is The BEST!”

OverallPOS Nation Technical Support is AMAZING! When the system gets hung up or any problem, they answer and have the system going or problem solved quickly.
ProsThe software suggested by POS Nation is easy enough for anyone to use and yet is able to keep up with our growing business.
ConsThe software requires you to create modifiers for so many little changes.
SHANON M.
EVENING MANAGER
Food Production, 1-10 employees
March 17, 2019

“GREAT PRODUCT AND SERVICE”

OverallWE HAVE HAD A GREAT EXPERIENCE WITH THIS COMPANY SINCE WE BOUGHT THE SOFTWARE. IF I EVER HAVE ANY ISSUES, POS ARE ALWAYS THERE TO HELP ME.
ProsI LIKE THE EASE OF HOW THE SYSTEM WORKS. IM VERY IMPRESSED WITH HOW WE CAN KEEP UP WITH INVENTORY MUCH BETTER THAN BEFORE.
ConsHONESTLY I HAVE NO DISLIKES WITH THE SOFTWARE
March 17, 2019
Andrea H.
Owner and designer
Arts and Crafts, Self-employed
December 22, 2018

“Post systems review”

OverallOverall it's a perfect product! It got the job done in an easy and effective manner. Highly, highly recommend!
ProsI love this software!!! The best pos system I've ever used. It's so easy to process orders and manage sales.
ConsI did not have any issues using this product. It was perfect for my business
December 22, 2018
Brenda S.
Administrative Assistant, Gallery Manager, Volunteer Coordinator
Museums and Institutions, 1-10 employees
September 25, 2018

“Administrative Assistant”

OverallIt is better than what we had, it has it's pro's and con's but all in all, it is a great addition to our Museum Store and Admissions.
ProsI like that it collects information about our attendance and makes it really easy to run reports so that we can find out how many people visited a certain exhibit
ConsWe could not get a report that tells us how many visitors from different states and countries. It would really be nice to have something like that to refer to.
September 25, 2018
Hillary G.
Server
January 9, 2018

“I worked as a server at multiple establishments that utilized a POS system. ”

ProsThis software allowed efficient customer service and quick delivery of quality product. It allowed the staff to communicate orders efficiently to the kitchen.
ConsThere really weren't many cons associated with this software.
January 9, 2018
Deborah S.
Farming, 1-10 employees
May 24, 2019

“Great Company”

OverallThey are wonderful. Very helpful and friendly.
ProsEverything about this program is great. Was easy to set up and to learn. All the staff picked up the program quickly, which made it easier for training. Love the fact that you can customize the touch buttons. Makes checking customers out very easy.
ConsUnable to customize forms. Unable to reverse sale the next day.

By POS Nation on September 12, 2019
We appreciate the feedback, Deborah!
May 24, 2019
Liz H.
Store Manager
March 15, 2019

“Great software for a retail store. ”

ProsThis software is easy to use and has all the functions needed to properly operate and manage inventory/ sales.
ConsCustomer Database could use upgrading making it easier to look up customers and input information.
Mark M.
Culinary Arts Instructor
Education Management, 201-500 employees
March 12, 2019

“Extremely helpful, patient and courteous support technicians, sales reps and accounting reps”

OverallNo problems whatsoever.
ProsUser friendly. We are a culinary school, so the training mode is very useful.
Consa bit hard to figure out how to completely void guest checks and set up dining room tables
Mitch C.
June 22, 2017

“POS Nation was the best decision I've ever made.”

ProsIt helps me run my business! It gives me the information I need to make decisions. I know my best and worst sellers. I know my margins by department. I can run promos to get my customers back in the door.
June 22, 2017
Tilku K.

“Restaurant ProExpress”

ProsThe product is Easy to use, easy to set up, it has modifier groups, and it has a good detailed daily reports
ConsLimited settings options such as printer setup, limited reporting, can't work if main PC is down, and poor customer service
Louis K.
Hospitality, 51-200 employees
April 23, 2019

“Cash Register Express Review”

Overalltech support is awesome.
Prosuser friendly. Easy to run reports and set up menu items. Easy for the staff to use
Conswish some things could be customized for the individual business

By POS Nation on September 12, 2019
We appreciate the feedback, Louis!
April 23, 2019
Tony M.
Retail, Self-employed
March 15, 2019

“Great System for a Liquor Store!! ”

OverallAs mentioned above, getting the Iowa bottle deposit figured out was great. The Tech Support was great to work with. The POS system has a lot of great features that will be helpful in the future. I would recommend this system to any large or small retail business.
ProsHas everything for my needs as a small Wholesale/Retail liquor store. It has a lot more than I need now but it will come in handy later.
ConsTech Support was great in helping figure out a way to get the Iowa bottle deposit configured as a tag along item. Works very good.
Ron B.
IT Administrator
Food Production, 51-200 employees

“10 of 10”

OverallTheir software and CS is excellent. No problems!
ProsEverything (really!) I can't think of anything that is not in their software.
ConsI believe you have to use their PC hardware.
Janice D.
IT Consultant
Information Technology and Services, Self-employed
March 27, 2019

“CRE and RPE Review”

OverallThe sales rep was extremely helpful and always available to answer all questions while evaluating the software. Tech support is overall very good and my recommendation to a new customer is to pay for support.
ProsOnly software that met the needs of my customer allowing for retail and restaurant sales. Customer owns the software which is what my customer wanted. Import of inventory was fairly easy and Customer Support was able to import customer basic data. Staff was able to learn quickly.
ConsCustomer history could not be imported. Reports could use improvement. Customer reports are available but difficult to learn. My customer has to rely on me to create them, the Advanced reporting is not user friendly. Formatting on the "built" in reports are not customizable unless exported to cvs, excel, etc. and even then, require some technical expertise.

By POS Nation on September 12, 2019
Thank you for the review, Janice!
March 27, 2019
Will J.
Computer Technology Analyst
Education Management, 1001-5000 employees
March 25, 2019

“Cash Register Express review”

OverallNo problems to date.
ProsCustomer Support was great, quick to respond, and knowledgeable.
ConsDifficult to troubleshoot without tech support.

By POS Nation on September 12, 2019
We appreciate your review, Will!
March 25, 2019
RUSSELL T.
MANAGER
Environmental Services, 1-10 employees

“REVIEW”

OverallGREAT PROGRAM FOR INVENTORY CONTROL, EASY TO TEACH , LEARN SOMETHING NEW EVERY DAY
ProsEASE OF USE, GREAT CUSTOMER SERVICE, LARGE ENOUGH TO GET ALL OF OUR INVENTORY ON IT
ConsTRYING TO USE THE IPAD FOR ORDERS, WISH I HAD MORE TIME TO LEARN THE SYSTEM MORE , HAVING TO LEARN AS I GO
Luis M.
IT/Sales
Consumer Electronics, 1-10 employees
June 19, 2019

“Awesome POS TEAM!!!”

OverallAwesome quality products ,very well trained staff and great costumer support
ProsEasy to use,very knowledgeable ,Great product to help you save money
ConsToo many options ,for the end use for a bar /restaurant they just want simple

By POS Nation on September 12, 2019
We appreciate the feedback, Luis!
June 19, 2019
Nikki M.
Retail, 51-200 employees
August 18, 2018

“Made my life easier today”

ProsEasy to use and found it really easy to teach the basics to all our new employees. Everything is well organized and readily available with a click of a button. The tutorials online are a huge help on how to use and customer service is the best.
ConsI don't have anything bad to say, most of our problems are user mistakes. If we do have a problem we call our tech support and they help.
August 18, 2018
Kim H.
March 14, 2019

“Amazing”

OverallWe are finding which products sell in our store and what doesn't. We are able to keep better inventory, which in turn makes ordering so much easier!
ProsHow easy it is for all to use, weather it is a computer user or someone new to them
ConsIt would be easier if I had a button that would add new inventory easier
March 14, 2019
John C.
Supermarkets, 11-50 employees
December 19, 2017

“Worst POS on the Market”

OverallIf you decide to purchase this software, you are in for long hours on hold with customer support and so many issues that you will wish you had never heard of PCAmerica.
ProsGUI is nice and seems easy to use. Large buttons make it easy for employees to see and navigate the software.
ConsWhere to start... Quickbooks integration is a joke. You have to be in itemized transactions for the POS to adjust inventory. That means that EVERY single sale is entered into QB individually instead of entered as one line item for the day and inventory adjusted in bulk. I know they could do it because the end of day report has the inventory grouped together. If you use the handheld device for purchase orders, you will have to run the QB export multiple times in order to make the PO go over to QB. We use the vendor payout function, but when it pushes to QB, it enters the paid out as a check and not cash that was selected at the time of the payout. These are but a few, trust me, there are TONS more issues with the software. Support doesn't seem to know how the software works and tells you that that is how it works and there is nothing they can do about it.
December 19, 2017
Joe B.
IT Manager
Wine and Spirits, Unspecified
2.5/5
2.5/5
3.5/5
June 16, 2016

“Product is ok but lord help you if you need support”

ProsSoftware has nice features for a liquor store like age verification via scanning of drivers license. Nice granular permissions to enable you to give access to only what you want to to your team. Inventory controls are great.
ConsSupport!!!! Anytime you have an issue you end up on a call to a support desk in India. I do not have a problem with support desk being in India but the techs that you get are horrible. They are consistently speaking over you and instead of helping just want to prove you are an idiot in there eyes. They insist on the system and all users need to have administrator rights which is not secure. I fell like I have to fight to get anything fixed and leave the call felling frustrated and ready to give up and move to another vendor.
Recommendations to other buyersI originally purchased this because they had an abundance of online supporting documents and videos and for someone like myself that is going to maintain the system them self this was important. It was only after purchasing and installing the software that I found that most of the documentation was outdated and no longer applied.
June 16, 2016
John D.
August 10, 2017

“PC America - Great for 1 location and if you're on a budget”

OverallWe moved on to Retail pro V9 after we opened our second store. Although we considered Counterpoint and Retail Edge as well.
ProsCheap Software and easy to use for someone not super techy. Good for a 1 location store that doesn't plan on expansion. Integrated well with Nitrosell. Nitrosell's back end made this lame software a bit more robust.
ConsSoftware Database is basic, there is very low functionality with the software (you'll understand if you spend a couple months researching POS Software), and software is not expandable past 1 location even though they sell it like it is.
August 10, 2017
Serwa E.
Apparel & Fashion, 1-10 employees
February 16, 2017

“Great Product!!”

OverallAfter months of using this software, I am more satisfied. It is a breeze to use and the manual is easy to follow. I enjoy the Youtube videos as well. I would definitely recommend this software program.
February 16, 2017
Holly W.
CEO/ Founder
Health, Wellness and Fitness, 1-10 employees
March 23, 2018

“Would not recommend!”

OverallWe have had this program for 7 months. I do not even know where to start. Call support and they can't help you with the program you PAID for, you will be referred to a field tech to come out and charge you more for help. Endless excuse for money pit. Basically you will never be without a form of cost. You get a quick crash course and might as well spend your time training yourself online. If I wanted to be a support tech I would go to school for it! 1 week left and this program will be gone from my business!
ProsThe only part of this soft ware I like is the back end reporting portion allowing for quick break downs.
ConsFrom a crash course in training, inaccurate inventory, making returns, correct size labels printing, the list goes on!
March 23, 2018
Dawn J.
Wine and Spirits, 1-10 employees
July 21, 2017

“Pretty good ”

ProsThis is my first software so I don't know any others. Overall it seems to work well and easy to use.
ConsThe only training you get is when you call them, the booklet that came with it does not meet my needs
July 21, 2017
abdullah a.
Retail, 51-200 employees
December 29, 2018

“Bad customer service they dont know nothing about the system ”

Overallbad software bad customer service bad treatment
Proswe dont like the soware at all really bad software also get freeze most of the time also card reder fall most of the time
Consthe don't answer you fast when you need help i dont recomnet them at all somtime dont ring the item correct
December 29, 2018
Sam P.
Director of Business & Financial Developments
Wholesale, 51-200 employees
December 5, 2017

“POS software review”

ProsFairly easy and intuitive for our front line staff to use and understand. We have had the CRE for a few years now and meets most of our needs.
ConsWith the Pro version, we were not able to have both of our locations communicate with each other. We are hopeful an upgrade to Enterprise will make a difference.
December 5, 2017
Ahsan I.
Systems engineer
Computer & Network Security, 1-10 employees

“Good Software”

Overallit was good and problem free experience.
ProsEasy to Setup. It has local Database as well back up available in the cloud
ConsIt needs a lot of updates. i.e. also more Templates. Moreover, It needs a lot of integrations or APIs to be enabled.
Jason T.
Retail, Unspecified
June 20, 2014

“We bought 3 POS stations from these guys!”

ProsElectronic Business Solutions were and still are extremely helpful when there is a problem or a question. Even after hours, they have folks there for support 24 hours a day/7 days a week. That goes a long way!
ConsProbably the fact that it costs money. I guess I can't get it free, but it sure doesn't hurt to wish!
Recommendations to other buyerspcAmerica is well-rounded and well-developed software compared to some others I had in my previous stores. This software was by far the cheapest high quality software I found. I would recommend having all employees there when the techs are training because its very difficult to train employees when you just learned it yourself.
June 20, 2014
Emily A.
Wine and Spirits, 11-50 employees
April 25, 2019

“Wonderful Product & Amazing Service!”

ProsThe software is very easy to use and the tech support is extremely helpful with making sure that the setup process runs smoothly.
ConsWith any new software, learning the ins & outs can be frustrating. However, the software is very user friendly and their tech support is outstanding.

By POS Nation on September 12, 2019
Thank you for the review, Emily!
April 25, 2019
Paul C.
Retail, Unspecified
July 28, 2014

“It's worth the price. I would suggest it to any business owner!”

ProsMy account manager has been with me since day one. If I have a quick question, he is there. I may have to leave a voicemail; however, most of the time, I get a call back within minutes. Email is practically instant messaging.
ConsThe software is loaded with features, which makes it harder to navigate; however, you do get use to it after a few weeks.
Recommendations to other buyersStep back and breathe. No software is going to be perfect and all, but look at what your business truly needs. Checkout on our old software took approximately 30 seconds, where this software is half that. Time is money.
July 28, 2014
Pete P.
Restaurants, 1-10 employees

“Review”

OverallTickets are legible and easy to read and interpret. The software minimized previous mistakes from my staff.
ProsEase of use. Short learning curve. Mistakes by personnel are lessened.
ConsA few small things where the software doesn't know when to charge extra and when not to.
Murray A.
Tobacco, 11-50 employees

“Murray Alexander”

OverallInventory control was a big issue that is now under control. Also we are working to have Scan Data setup shortly.
ProsIt was easy to learn. On screen icons help guide you thru the system.
ConsIt has a few flaws like everything does.
Megan M.
June 14, 2017

“PC America Has Lost It's Touch”

OverallI would never buy it again. I was a customer for 11 years. Very disappointed.
ProsThe cost used to be a pro. We just spent on an upgrade that did not fix any of our software problems.
ConsPC America purposely makes you buy tech support for things that could easily be fixed by the user. You have to pay tech support to unlock a table for example.
June 14, 2017