Planmeca Romexis Ratings

Overall

About Planmeca Romexis

Dental imaging software for all types and sizes of practices that supports a wide range of 2D and 3D image formats. Learn more about Planmeca Romexis

Josh B.
July 13, 2018

“Great Imaging Software”

ProsThe software is great for all imaging needs. We are a dental office, and we use this software hourly to acquire, review and diagnosis. We mainly use it for CBCT images, but soon we plan to upgrade to their more robust version that can hold all of our images in one place. Essentially they are to be our one-stop image solution for our Dentrix based office. The customer support is hard to beat. Any time I have some issue, I can call them up and they are quick to help me resolve the issue. I like how fast they respond to things.
ConsI don't like the training ramp up period. It is a great software, but there is a bit of learning needed. It is not completely intuitive where someone without any training can just get on it and make it work.
July 13, 2018
Alison F.
General Dentist
Medical Practice, 1-10 employees
January 6, 2019

“Dental Xray software”

OverallOverall, I like using Romexis. The Planmeca images are always great, so I will continue to use the software.
ProsPlanmeca is a good software for capturing xrays and viewing them. The tools to adjust the images work great to allow better visualization.
ConsWhen exporting a set of images, the images are exported as individuals which becomes time consuming when transferring to another office. When viewing a set of images, I have not been able to figure out how to easily go directly from one image to the next. I have had to close the current image, then find the next image and open it. It would be nice to have a feature to allow for easy scrolling through images in a series.
January 6, 2019
Jasmin M.
May 31, 2018

“Great Panoramic Images”

ProsThe Planmeca X-ray machine does not cost much and it gives you a great and quality image. It is also very easy to use.
ConsThe plastic components on it break-down fast and easy. You have to replace several pieces on it, often.
May 31, 2018
Alex P.
Medical Practice, 11-50 employees
August 22, 2019

“Planmeca Romexis experience”

OverallWe had been sending patients who needed 3D scans to the office next door for years. When it was time to finally replace our 20 year old pan, we decided to update to a 3D cone beam scanner that can also take 2D images. It is definitely paying for itself. The images are superior to those we have seen from competitors, and taking images (2D or 3D) is pretty simple.
ProsThere are many different ways to manipulate 3D images. It is also relatively straightforward to import 3D scans or send out scans to other offices.
ConsVery complicated with a somewhat steep learning curve. Customer support has been helpful with any questions I have. It can sometimes be tricky to know what features are of critical importance and which may be unnecessary (or just for certain users' preferences)
August 22, 2019
Higher Education, 201-500 employees
May 15, 2018

“I use this program to scan and design CAD/CAM milled crowns”

ProsDoes a great job digitally mocking up my preparations. Its auto design feature often does a great job but I love that I can customize my crowns. You can make them as detailed or as generic as you want. It is possible to make really beautiful anatomy with this program, or just quickly scan and design a crown in 15 mins.
ConsMy biggest complaint is with the hardware, the scanning wand is way too bulky. I am not sure if they have other options. Saving files can be a little bit confusing and could be more simple and organized. Overall I don't have any major complaints.
May 15, 2018
Dr Osama K.
Director of business development
Hospital & Health Care, 51-200 employees
December 11, 2018

“NG HA KSA”

OverallCompetitive with other manufacturers
ProsEasy to use Integrated with different systems Easy to maintain High quality custom services
ConsPrices are much higher than other providers
December 11, 2018