MediaBeacon Ratings

Overall

About MediaBeacon

For nearly thirty years, MediaBeacon has been committed to delivering Digital Asset Management (DAM) solutions that give you total control of your asset lifecycle. As part of Esko, we have the solution and team to help you create, store, manage, distribute, and analyze your images, videos, and other digital assets. Learn more about MediaBeacon

Kristi O.
Digital Asset Coordinator
Retail, 201-500 employees
April 4, 2018

“I love Metadata!”

OverallIt's all about the metadata! If you are using the right metadata, it makes finding and managing your images easy! MediaBeacon allowed me to do just that, by being able to set up custom metadata fields that work for us. Users are able to find images quickly. There is no wasting time digging around on the servers looking through multiple folders to try to find things.
ProsWe have been using MediaBeacon for about 12 years. I love the flexibility we have with the software and how it integrates with our process. We were able to set up custom metadata fields that work with our unique data. The team at MediaBeacon worked hard to get things working the way we needed, to integrate with our other data systems. Searching for images is fast and the interface is very user friendly. The metadata you enter, makes all the difference. We are able to use the same data fields the entire company is familiar with, which helps everyone find images quickly. MediaBeacon also gives you the ability to easily create Workflow scripts to do some of the metadata tagging and moving of images for you, which saves us time processing the image files as well has keeping the process flowing. Our team is loving MediaBeacon since we upgraded last year.
ConsWish there was a easy way to drag & drop images from MediaBeacon into InDesign directly from the Browser, without additional software.
April 4, 2018
Damon M.
Sr Solutions Architect
Defense & Space, 1-10 employees
June 4, 2019

“High volume workflows and incredibly fast searches”

OverallMediaBeacon has had a lot of growth over the last two years. Things are really flowing quite well. Service is top-notch with Zach running the show and product development and marketing are doing quite well. It's nice to work with a team that is as excited about my success as I am about their product.
ProsThe drag-and-drop functionality in the browser makes sorting and selecting imagery exceptionally easy. I'm able to sort through a thousand photo submissions in about an hour to select the top 10% that will be published. Video is also easy with a nice player. I love the social media integrations with scheduled publishing and direct to SM site uploads. Finally, the new Adobe and Microsoft Office connectors make my job incredibly fast. Downloads happen in the background while I place previews into my documents. Love this ecosystem.
ConsThe interface could be a bit tighter and have better branding opportunities for my organization. I know that MB has this on the roadmap. I'd also love to see it as a cloud-native application. Again, in the works.
June 4, 2019
Paul N.
SVP, Production & Technology
April 12, 2018

“MediaBeacon is a "game-changer" DAM system that allows for a highly customizable experience.”

Pros-Easy to build custom experiences for your internal and external customers. --Highly customizable metadata forms. -Strong implementation of Adobe XMP -Open standards design with a robust API
Cons-Lots of integration and complex installation procedures. -No image watermarking feature. -Limited MAM features for Video Editing environment. -Like a lot of enterprise systems can be costly to implement integrations.
April 12, 2018
Amy A.
November 3, 2016

“MediaBeacon is great!”

OverallSecurity and control over their intellectual property was a priority that lead Buck Wear to MediaBeacon. MediaBeacon's ability for on-site hosting meant retaining full control of their intellectual property. Buck Wear also appreciated the flexibility that MediaBeacon's web-based interface offered. This meant their Creative team, working on Macs, and their Sales representatives, on Windows, could all easily interact with the assets they needed ' without needing to download and install additional software. This also indicated it could significantly reduce the amount of requests the Sales team was making for already made assets as they could begin self-serving. They liked MediaBeacon's powerful search tool to reduce time in finding assets and its intelligent facet search for intelligently organizing assets for them.

By MediaBeacon on March 1, 2017
Thanks so much for the review, Amy! I'm happy to hear your experience with MediaBeacon has been a great one and your team has been able to reduce requests by allowing the sales team to self serve assets. -Cooper
November 3, 2016
Financial Services, 201-500 employees
August 21, 2018

“Not super impressed so far”

OverallIt has a long way to go to get it to where it works for our business
ProsSeems like the interface will be easy to use
ConsTagging everything takes time, doesn't find everything we are searching for, etc.
August 21, 2018
Emily Q.
Marketing Associate
September 19, 2017

“Poor user experience”

ProsWe are a corporate company whose agency uses Media Beacon for file sharing. It's nice that i can log in receive files.
ConsThe files are hard to find. The navigation is not intuitive and it's hard to see which files were recently added. It becomes very frustrating.

By MediaBeacon on September 20, 2017
Thanks for the review, Emily. It sounds like your experience with MediaBeacon has room for improvement. We'd like to reach out and see how we can help with that. Will you please send an email me at cooper.whitescarver (at) mediabeacon.com and I'll personally look into this? Thanks!
September 19, 2017