Gatemaster Ratings

Overall

About Gatemaster

Designed for Amusement Parks, Water Parks, Go-Kart Tracks, Laser Tag, Mini-Golf, Museums, Zoos, Aquariums and FECs. Manages all aspects of sales, ticketing and party events. Also features an integrated web store. No ongoing fees or per ticket charges. Upgradeable from 1 to 1000 station systems. Since 1994. Learn more about Gatemaster

Stephanie M.
Accounts Payable Administrator
Leisure, Travel & Tourism, 201-500 employees
January 22, 2019

“Grandmaster Entertains”

OverallThe product works well if it suits your business exactly as created. The problems occur if and when you need to customize the software to suit your needs. It is very difficult to change or modify this software. If you need this product for basic point of sales processing you should be fine.
ProsI used this product several years ago in a previous job. The company I worked for owned an aquarium, tour boat, banquet hall and an exhibition center. I used this software to create group reservations and to check-in groups upon arrival. This software worked very well for the general admission process and the point of sale terminals in the gift shop and the cafe. The yearly gift shop inventory process went smoothly using this software. The company also sent someone to our location to help us get acclimated to the new system.
ConsPersonally, I had two main problems with this software. The first problem involved the creation of group visits, we had previously been able to create a group account for a group that was a repeat visitor. Once the account was created, you could pull up the account and view the organization's history of visiting the aquarium. We no longer had this option with Gatemaster. Each visit was a desperate entity and this caused difficulties when billing groups with multiple visits; that required one invoice sent to their corporate office. The second problem involved combination tickets. The combination tickets included visits to both the aquarium and the tour boat or the aquarium and the exhibition center. I would create daily attendance reports which became problematic with Gatemaster because the software was always double counting the attendance on the combination tickets. If a person purchased a combination ticket, the computer counted it as two people visiting not one. We were unable to separate the combination attendance from the admission only attendance. This aspect of Gatemaster was extremely frustrating and it was impossible to get accurate attendance numbers.
January 22, 2019
Matthew U.
November 1, 2018

“One of the best things we have done for our business”

OverallGatemaster has helped us take our multiple manual systems for POS, ticketing, retail, reporting, e-commerce and combine them into one unified system that was built for our industry. Everyone here loves it from frontline staff to accounting to management it has made all of our lives easier. The purchase process was easy and the Gatemaster staff was so helpful in helping us figure out what we needed. It took us almost a year of deciding to buy the system but they were never pushy and always willing to help. Implementation was streamlined and painless. Ongoing support and upgrades have been great they still treat us like we are one of their best customers even though we know they have many customers much larger than us.
ProsIntegrated POS, Reporting, Access Control, E-Commerce - Built like it was made for our business - most POS systems just don't understand the ticketing/reservations side of our business and Gatemaster makes it easy while still being powerful enough to handle anything we have thrown at it. Support is some of the best we have ever had always an easy phone call away and they typically remote in and help us understand our questions with hands-on demonstrations. Very receptive to ideas and improvements to the system.
ConsThe power of the system means that sometimes the backend is not very intuitive but support is always willing and eager to help us understand and get up to speed quickly.

By Gatemaster Technology Corporation on November 19, 2018
Matthew, We are so grateful for your wonderful review. Our support staff is always here if you need us. I am glad to hear we are making doing business with us easy. We love our customers!
Evan A.

“Great Support!”

OverallWe have been with Gatemaster since 2011 and we are extremely satisfied with their service, knowledge and support. Customer suppport have been there for us constantly helping us out and really taking on our comments and coming back with solutions to help us out. We are a one location FEC getting ready to expand in the new year and Gatemaster will definitely be there with us!
ProsAs soon as you have a question or a problem, pickup the phone call and 9.9 out of 10 times someone picks up and is ready to help. Great person to person support.
ConsOverall the smart gates for the arcades feels a little dated. But we have been contacted and great strives towards updating has been made and they are currently working on new things which is great!

By Gatemaster Technology Corporation on November 19, 2018
Hi Evan, Thank you for the review. We love client feedback and for the last several years we have been able to implement 80-90% of our client feedback. Keep it coming. We integrated with Intercard recently for those clients interested in something a different. Our support staff works hard, and they love hearing when clients are satisfied. It¿s a great moral boost. Thank you for sharing and thank you for trusting us with your business.
Thomas N.
Recreational Facilities and Services, 1-10 employees
October 29, 2018

“The best system I've ever used!”

OverallI've hd this system for 7 years and have been in the miniature golf industry for over 35 years and I wish I had this from the beginning.The experience I've had with Gatemaster and continue to have with Gatemaster is by far the best I've ever had with any company. I've told them more than once they should start a sideline to teach other companies how to run their service and support departments. I think the support staff summed it up best in an email he sent me and explains why Gatemaster takes such great care of its customers "We know that when we sell a system it is the start of a long time relationship that will be for many years to come."
Pros I like the E2 reports having all the information at your finger tips is great. Theft decreased 99% and the ticketing system opened up new sources of revenue
ConsHaving to update expiration dates for the next season.

By Gatemaster Technology Corporation on November 19, 2018
Tom, Thank you so much for your kind review. I love sharing with other clients your stories about how Gatemaster reduced theft at your facility. We have enjoyed having you as our customer. It¿s always fun working with you!
October 29, 2018
Jeremy F.
Operations Manager
November 19, 2018

“Great experience from start to finish!”

OverallWe went about 10 years without updating our system, (I think that in itself shows you that the product is built to last), and reached a point were are hardware was starting to fail. I contacted Gatemaster to see what we could do to get updated and get our PoS running smoothly again. I was pleasantly surprised when the told me that for a small fee that would not only help me reinstall that software but also update us to their most recent version. I purchased that hardware myself and spent about a week on the phone with the tech support getting everything working again. I can't say enough about the hospitality of the tech support staff. They were patient and always followed through with calling me back and making sure that our problems were solved. As the title says: It was a great experience from start to finish!
ProsGatemaster supplies us with calendar booking, reporting and tracking sales. It hits on all of our needs.
ConsThe overall aesthetic look of the reports.
November 19, 2018
Tim C.
Lead USA Tech
November 16, 2018

“10 year Customer”

OverallWith being a customer of Gatemaster for 10 years I can say I would not switch to any other POS . They are always there when I need them and any questions I have they always have a answer for me . The big part as well when you go to the shows they remember you , so you are not just a sale to them they are they for you and your business.
ProsThe best thing for us is when we hire new employees it is so easy to teach them how to use the system . It also schedules laser tag amazing so you dont over book games .
ConsI can not really think of something that stands out to me that I dont like .

By Gatemaster Technology Corporation on November 19, 2018
Tim, Thank you for the wonderful review. We have enjoyed having you as a client and love seeing you at trade shows. We hope you can make it to the next Gatemaster Getaway! Please do reach out if you need anything!
November 16, 2018
Erik B.
April 8, 2015

“Good service until you are a customer”

OverallWe have gatemaster for 7 years. We paid approx $45,000 for a complete install of 5 terminals and software licenses. Upgrades and ticket support service was included in the purchase. Now that I need to switch over to new computers, which needs a Mac Address swap on the end of Gatemaster. They are forcing me to buy a support agreement of $1,250 annually. On their support FAQ they say it is included in the software license and would only cost $39 per computer which is understandable. Now Mr. Joe Ross , VP of GM blocked me out of the ticket support too unless I pay $1,250 first. So much for service to existing clients. We are in the process of franchising out our business. Unless this matter is solved Gatemaster will not get our business. F
April 8, 2015