CS-Cart Ratings

Overall

About CS-Cart

CS-Cart is an all-in-one shopping cart software for creating ecommerce websites of any size just from scratch. It offers a full-fledged administration panel crammed with plenty of cutting-edge tools for effective store management. It also comes with built-in theme and layout editors allowing to make sophisticated storefronts. Multiple languages and currencies, payment and shipping methods, marketing and promotion tools are supported to make your customers enjoy their shopping experience. Learn more about CS-Cart

Patrick B.
11-50 employees
February 14, 2019

“Easy to use eCommerce software, value for money and good technical support.”

OverallI have tried other eCommerce programs, but none compare to CS Cart for ease of use, value for money and support. Excellent.
ProsCS Cart is very straight forward to use, and offers a plethora of features to sell products on the web. We were able to integrate it into our bespoke stock control system so that stock levels online were synced. The product entry scheme is very detailed . You can tailor the features to suit the requirements of the items that are listed. You can combine products, or list matching products. Products are organised into categories on the website, and this process also offers many possiblities to make things easier for site visitors. The administration panels has a promotions section to tailor offers on specific products at specific times, so you can plan your marketing ahead of time. You can also do promotions to your existing customers, or types of customers. The administration panel allows you to design you pages. The format is based on blocks and banners, and is really easy to configure. CS Cart also allows you to offer more than one payment provider so your customers have a choice. There is a SEO section to help you get to the top of the rankings. There is a comprehensive set of reports for dealing with orders when they come flooding in. Each report can be configured with you company logo, and you can keep your customers updated with emailed reports Simple! If all these details are not enough, then you can access the thriving community of add on developers who have added even more functionality to the core program. What is not to like. Finally, if you are like me and not too confident on the technical side, then CS Cart has a great customer support section. Polite, prompt and very very helpful if you are in trouble. They don't make you feel stupid, they explain and fix the problem quickly.
ConsI would like to see more features on the mobile site. The numbers accessing my site by phone is increasing quickly, and I would like to offer more options for these customers,
February 14, 2019
Isa A.
January 25, 2019

“After using many carts CS Cart became the final destination, 10 years and running!”

OverallCS Cart rocks! You don't need anything else
ProsFirstly, value for money. As a small business owner we needed functionality within a reasonable price point. CS Cart was the most viable option with the right mixture of features and purchase price. Also not a subscription based cart which gives us ownership and the much needed flexibility. Then the functionality.... where to start! The layout, both back and front end, are so smooth and very user friendly. Built-in themes are suitable for most users I'm sure, but there are also developers who make exceptional themes. The site is also mobile friendly and adapts well to mobile screens. Then the back-end options are really flexible, we could customise our country options, which is great not being in a majour country. Drag and drop customising of pages makes it so easy to setup pages with no experience. The script is responsive and not as many bugs as I've seen in other cart software. Easy integration with Paypal (which is what we use) or so many others I see available for processing in the built-in list. And the customer support !!!!!!!!!!!!! THE ABSOLUTE BEST!!!! Super fast and responsive. I try to model our support after seeing theirs. That makes owning this software feel even more secure, that rock solid support that there when you need it. Even for their support alone, cs cart is worth it. They customised the script to meet our needs. 11 stars for support. Added on to support is their extensive knowledge base documentation...which is all I need to refer to for most issues. Detailed and relevant, like an encyclopedia All in all I'd definitely recommend the company and the product!
ConsNot many or majour at all. Mostly they focus on developing the core product, but not on the little things that sometimes make a big difference, then the developers make an add-on for it and you got to buy it. For eg. a button to scroll to the top of the page, or make the checkout page a single screen. It would be great to dedicate some time to these smaller elements as well. And then we sell alot of services (document print & copy centre), and the software isn't as friendly to setup for selling services as it is to selling physical products. So we had to get creative in making the product page layout more to what we'd prefer.
January 25, 2019
Ioannis P.
Web Developer
January 22, 2019

“The best eshop platform with ease of use!”

OverallThis is a great and secure platform with great support in an affordable price.
ProsCsCart is very easy to install and easy to use. We have been using the product for more than 10 years now and we have no problems with it. Our customers also like the admin section which is actually way more easy to use than other open source platforms. We have ask them how they feel about the latest version of cscart and they just love how friendly it really is. It has a lot of options to customise it any way you want. You can also customize the look of it by altering the theme/skin of the platform very easily. It has a lot of good addons and it provides language addition with the click of a button. It is definitely the best multilingual option out there. Support is also exceptional. Any issue we ever had it was solved within 24 hours and all help was very detailed and prompt. Most importantly the software is very secure. We had issues with open source platforms before which require a lot of upgrades almost every month. CsCart is very serious about security upgrades and we get notified every time there is and issue given all appropriate directions on how to patch and just secure the platform. If you need a security patch the cscart team is sending out an email notice with a patch addon which you can install with just one click without having to alter code. This is very convenient if a user/developer or owner has many platforms installed. Overall this is an exceptional product which we would recommend to anyone is looking for an affordable eshop platform with lots of options, addons and great support.
ConsThere is room for improvement in the layout configuration section but so far we have no complain about configuring cscart.
Nikolai T.
January 21, 2019

“I've been using CS-Cart for 9 years and with 3 stores, I'm perfectly happy with it”

OverallI've been using CS-Cart since 2010,starting with a small local website. It's still live (version 3.) and kicking. Then I've started my first international website,worked well until we closed the business. My current top store is probably the top in the country, and it's also doing well in the region and even, occasionally, finding a place across Europe (with the UK online stores domination, it's not easy, considering main language differences). Apart from the occasional lack of some specific functionality of some third-party add-on, I've been perfectly happy with CS-Cart. I only wish they could add some functions in the base software or as in-house add-ons (preorder functionality,for example, can be improved a bit).
ProsGreat for SEO, I've been ranking any of my websites higher than competitors Really easy to build the base layout of the store with categories, subcategories, using product filters, etc. Great out of the box functionality Plenty of add-ons (paid and free) Flexible front end design Semi-lightweight (could be better, not a wordpress level of light yet)
ConsLack of some local integrations (like couriers or payment systems), you have to pay someone to do these Some third party add-ons are not great, and their support can be less than stellar Upgrades are resource intensive and you might need to contact your server support, sometimes to no avail
Joy H.
ceo
January 28, 2019

“Lightning fast ecommerce platform”

OverallOverall we are very happy with it and the support is great and developers are pretty easy to communicate with through the forums.
ProsWe have been using CS-Cart for 3 years now and I can't stress enough how fast and stable it is. Everyone told us we should be on Magento 2, so we jumped on the bandwagon and thought it was a good idea too. About about year ago we started the migration to Magento 2. Mostly due to the lack of plugins for the Dutch market. That periode we truly started to appreciate CS-Cart and after struggling for months in a staging environment we decided to fully focus on CS-Cart instead and get choose professional CS-Cart partners and get anything missing custom developed. One of our websites is https://www.dronekenner.nl In the meanwhile CS-Cart is getting more and more advanced from stock so less need for plugins
ConsThere are not many companies in Holland with default CS-Cart plugins. Fortunately everything can get custom developed with the API.
Yinka A.
February 26, 2019

“Cs Cart Multivendor: Best ecommerce tool ever”

ProsMy company has been using Cs cart Multivendor for over 4 year now and the experience we had with it has been an awesome one. very friendly and easy to use platform. One of the important thing that I cannot missed to say is that user can use this platform without any guide as they have made everything easy for all their users. To upload, update, activate and disable is very easy to on cs cart. Also to register vendor, set up vendor plan, approve vendor, deactivate vendor and the management of vendor is very easy. The most advantage of using cs cart is that there is development (test unit) to test any of the changes you intend to make on the life unit. This will enable you to get your website up running at all time as without any error. Their support is vert efficient as they are ready at anytime to work on any request submitted by their user.
ConsCs cart should provide user guide for our vendor to upload their product.

“The Best Option”

OverallI have worked with your products for ten years. I have two websites, one with CS-CART standard and another with MULTI-VENDOR PLUS. I own the two sites and I think that without their software and facilities that allow them to position themselves well within SEO, I would have had to pay a lot of money in ads. I'm not a developer, but I can do the simple modifications myself. Furthermore, the ease of making modifications according to my requirements has allowed me to have a completely personalized site without losing my wallet in the attempt, because I get good developers willing to work, with very affordable prices. I am in South America so I do not speak English or Russian well, but that has not been an impediment to achieve excellent results.
ProsThe cost-benefit ratio. Maybe you can find other better alternatives, but you will have to leave all your profits in maintaining the site. And if you have a small business, with less than 20 employees, you can not afford those luxuries.
Cons That in the updates normally the developers change the software core forcing to pay more money when they have to be done.
Tom L.
Customer Support and Technical Adviser Specialist
January 21, 2019

“Comparing CS-CART to Other E-commerce Platforms”

OverallCS-CART developers should improve caching mechanism to support very large shopping carts, especially with mega-menu interfaces. Security will be more and more critical. Thank you for all your great work!
ProsCS-CART is very solid E-commerce platform, and outstanding technical support people behind it. Most important, it is a Licensed eCommerce software easy to install on a dedicated server, or in a shared hosting environment. Most of the shopping carts are "Hosted" solutions we wanted to avoid when we considered the best platform for our business. The cart can provides useful built-in add-ons and important functionalities.
ConsHonestly, can't name anything. Considering that speed is critical, we are only concerned with caching mechanism and optimal hosting environment parameters that not easy to determine if you are not an expert. The shopping cart needs some learning curve as well for many users. There is no AI voice yet, to say "do this" and "do that", and it follows your command. :)
Jack W.
General manager
January 21, 2019

“Amazing online shopping cart software”

ProsI need to say that CS cart help me a lot on my online business. Easy to use No matter you are a newer to online shopping cart or a skilled user, it is easy to get on hand. Develop own feature You can develop your own web feature at any time. And it is quite easy to write code and make changes. Perfect SEO frame I think SEO issue is a big problem for every online shopping cart, but CS-Cart gives you a solution. Amazing customer service Every time you have a problem, you can talk to them, a quick response. Also, you can go to the forum to communicate with other users. Actually, you can go for other online shopping cart but CS cart is the one who informs you that there is a new issue may affect your site, and meanwhile, they bring a solution to you.
ConsYou have to pick up the right host in order to run CScart. I personally suggest CS cart TO optimize the product variation part, because i think it can be easier.
Philip R.
Member
April 2, 2019

“Review of CS-Cart Ecommerce Software”

OverallI have been using CS-Cart software for 8 years or so. It has come a long way. I am overall pleased with my decision to select this software. They have worked hard to fix bugs that accompanied updates early on and improve the updating process. They really seem dedicated to putting out a top-notch e-commerce product. The block architecture allows even novices to customize their own site and I do most of the website work myself with little computer experience. When I need extra help the customer help desk is very attentive and solves any issues quickly. There are now numerous add-ons to address most needs of a website owner and when custom work is needed there are capable developers to handle this work for you.
ProsEase of Use Very Customizable Affordability Active helpful community Very attentive Help Desk Constantly improving software Lots of features Lots of add-ons to select from
ConsCheckout process could be better and in my case required an add-on Updating process is nerve-racking although much improved over the past
April 2, 2019
Vlatka M.
January 22, 2019

“The best platform for a multifunctional webshop”

OverallIn one purchase you get a nicely designed web shop, with many options and features, easy to use- a webshop's owner dream.
ProsIt's amazing how many features are included in CS-Cart, and I think that's the best 'pro'. Various possibilities of customer rewarding options, product options, easily translatable for multi-language sites...are just a few of features. Admin panel in very intuitive and easy to use. Documentation covers every possible issue, and customer support is fast.Several skins (themes) and you can always get some new ones. Maybe the best of all: it is so well SEO optimized that my web shop got to the first Google page in a matter of months.
ConsNone that I can think of...I've been working with several webshop platforms, and CS-Cart is the only one I would recommend to others.
Panos K.
Developer
February 6, 2019

“Perfect for small to mid size shops”

OverallIt has best value for money! Works out of the box for small business.
ProsGood looking and user friendly admin pages. Good looking store front. Easy to use for merchants, clear orders, products Super flexible promotions system. Unique flexible for this price of software. Easy to extend, creating add-ons for cs-cart is very easy and mostly consistent. Layout extra flexible with blocks, extremely helpful and again unique feature giving the flexibility to customize layout extensively without a line of code. Multi language, multi currency. Multi vendor is build brilliantly. Numerous cheap add-ons.
ConsSlow search when features are involved. Slow ajax. Not bootstrap front end theme Complicated code in product search. Sphinx or elasticSearch are hard to integrate.
February 6, 2019
Michael K.
January 24, 2019

“CS-Cart review, using since 2011”

ProsWe are using CS-Cart since 2011. Before we used eCommerce, but found that CS-Cart is easier to use. CS-Cart is easy to install, configure and support. All the necessary info to configure the store we found in the documentation. Support is good, but sometimes takes longer to get answers. Basically it covers all your needs. If something does not come out of the box, there are plenty add-ons available on the market. We like admin interface to manage orders, products. Store front end has many different skins and themes that can apply. Overall we are happy with the product.
ConsSome features after upgrades not supported or do not work. Some help topics are not cleared. Can not configure Free local pickup in shipping.
Paulo M.
Developer
January 21, 2019

“Review on CS-CART e-commerce platform”

OverallI have been stuck to it unconditionally since 2012, even after experiencing other known platforms like prestashop, oscommerce or magento. I am now a proud and happy host of several successful online business running CS-CART stores.
ProsFully featured opensource e-commerce platform Expandable capabilities through addons and skins readily available through a growing associated marketplace Fair price for a successful online business running store Extremely fast, secure and reliable Continuously being updated and following the online markets trends Excellent support and development if necessary Multilanguage, and SEO ready
ConsIf you are a Facebook level editor, prepare yourself to go through a learning curve until get familiar with all CS-CART admin features
Caesar L.

“I'm a happy user”

ProsI'm not a developer but a user. The CMS interface is pretty straight forward even for an everyday user. If you grab the logic once how the system is set up... then easy to add Menu points or products with all of theirs features, like dimensions weight and so on. I use this in US thus live shipping cost calculation at the time of check out is necessary.
ConsCs.cart is not an opened source platform, not so easy to find reliable and knowledge-able developer to get new things done. Thus you are in trouble with lets say just to update the platform as you can not fix the trouble on your own. Plug ins and themes are quite limited.
Matías J.
January 23, 2019

“A great program to work with”

ProsOur company has in recent years used CS-Cart Web Shop to sell and inform about the software that we develop. The result is very good, especially how simple it is to change and add something to our web page, and you have the opportunity to design the page just as you want it. When we sell our products all over the world, I have to add that the possibilities of adding different languages in a simple way for our different customers is just as good as possible. We are very satisfaced with CS Cart Software.
ConsI can't think of anything negative. The program works as it should and we do not lack any function in it.
December 17, 2018

“I wish we would've gone magento!”

OverallMost of our problems with CS-Cart revolve around their failed update system, or system breaking updates, bad internal policies, and poor customer support. When it comes to using the software, it serves its purpose mostly, for transactional use, but at least on the version we got stuck at, forget about REPORTS! The reports system is so unwieldy you can't get any useful data from it at all. We've had to develop custom addons to generate good reports as our customers truly despise cs-carts built-in reports system. In fact, we've had to develop a lot of different plugins just to compensate for the lack in natural functionality of cs-cart (again, at least for the version we got stuck at due to their failing update routines). We are already redeveloping our 8 years of add-ons (as needed) in magento as our customers have had it with cs-cart (and frankly, our developers as well). So we've lost our butts here, I wish Magento was in a better position 9 years ago when we had to make a decision on modern ecommerce software package as our base. Save yourself the headache, choose another software, gotta be plenty of better options!
ProsThe software has pretty good hooks, and is written in a standard enough way that any developer can modify it with addons to your needs. But thats about the only praise I can muster.
Cons* Their update routine is downright awful. We have 4 different shops using this software, all of which got stuck on old versions due to their update routine failing without error message. Their support refuses to assist without ACCESS to the server, which by contract we cannot give. We're professionals, they can easily give us troubleshooting tips to help guide us toward fixing their mess, but nope, nothing. Bare in mind, 4 different servers, with different configurations. * Their support is slow to response, and often responds with very unuseful comments, so each time back and forth takes way too long when your shop is in peril. * Their refund policies (which is to say, there are no refunds) are nothing short of thievery. While we paid to upgrade licenses, we never got the upgrades due to the failure of the software to complete the update. They refuse to refund when they also refused to offer support beyond "give us your server logins". Very unethical companyn! * The software is prone to hackers with not very proactive effort on cs-cart's part. They react to the problem, and to their credit, at least they offer a way to PATCH with instructions as opposed to ONLY their update routine. We would've been forced out of their software long ago if they didn't do this, so we are grateful for the patch and disclosure on the security problems they do discover (but again, its after their customers were hacked, they should be doing proactive S&D)
December 17, 2018
Victor S.
February 27, 2019

“Daily use for atvi.eu from 2010 and for sure will continue to use it”

ProsUsing it for more than 9 years i see a constant involved in the development of the product that becomes more mature from one year to another; Easy to use interface, i do not have a technical background or IT support company; Good market place developed in recent years; Prompt technical support; Fixed costs, no monthly fees;
ConsIn the early years the upgrades were somehow painful but these evolved enormously in recent years and not it's a breathe; Even if there are no monthly fees if you want to have the latest upgrades (post the 1 year free upgrade period) a subscription package must be acquired;
February 27, 2019
Matthew C.
January 21, 2019

“CS-Cart is the complete package!”

OverallIf I didn't think CS-Cart was the product for me i would be using something else.
ProsCS-Cart has all the features that I need at a very reasonable price. I've looked at Woo Commerce and by the time I add plugins to get the built in capabilities that are part of CS-Cart, I''m pay more and still getting less. The customer support responds very quickly and is always helpful. CS-Cart is consistently being updated to add new features or enhance existing features.
ConsIf there are any cons, they are so small that I can't think of them right now. CS-Cart has all the features I need and more.
Francesco A.
project manager
January 24, 2019

“Highly customizable and intuitive ecommerce cart”

ProsAt this moment i think cs cart represent the best choice for an alli-n-one software ecommerce platform, for middle or little online business, it doesn't need big code knowledge, installing and configuring it are very intuitive and simple, and the best think in my opinion, it's that you don't need any additional module or extension, you can easily setup a fully functional ecommerce with a lot of options, about managing the products, marketing and website, products variants, SEO and marketing, exporting/importing all type of data, blog feature, GDPR module, and may other, it's all inclusive, and the price is very good too. If you are lloking for a complete ecommerce solution i recommend CS-Cart as one of the best one. Another important thing is that the development team is constantly working on updates, to fix problems, and to add new features and better functionality.
ConsAfter one year from purchasing, you need to pay for an upgrade subscription plan, to continue receiving upgrades, however it's not so expensive.
Talmacel l.
January 21, 2019

“Best e-commerce solution on the market”

OverallWe are using cs-cart for more than 5 years, for our company store cs-cart has made a big difference, much better SEO, user-friendly storefront, the clean look and the speed of the website has had a very good impact on our end user. Our website grew with the help of cs-cart, and we consider that cs-cart is the best e-commerce solution on the market
ProsQuick and easy setup, Fully customizable, Quick and good user support, Supports unlimited products, Thousands of extensions,
ConsIn our 5 years off using cs-cart, we did not have any major issues or problems that could not be solved very quickly and professionally by the cs-cart support team.
Khanh H.
January 21, 2019

“A very good complete shopping cart software solution for my business. ”

ProsWith very little knowledge about programming, I was able to set up my own online store. It looked professional. Easy to configure and it does comes with lot of features. Support is fast and great. You can also ask questions in their forum and the community are willing to help you out. Many custom plugins are available as well.
ConsA few things that annoying me is setting for the product features, product filters. It does not update newly added product or category automatically. You have to manually added it. At least for the version 4.5.2 that I am using.
February 19, 2019

“CS-Cart Excellent website software”

OverallOverall I would completely recommend CS cart to anyone trying to start a web business. I highly recommend simtech to handle all your server requirements.
ProsCS-Cart is extremely easy to use. It is a fully-featured web shopping cart with tons of add-ons and potential. I've been using cs-cart for more than 12 years and would not switch to anything. The product is very reasonably priced for the future set.
ConsI really haven't had any problems with the software.the few problems that I have had over the years were actually configuration errors on my part.
February 19, 2019
Vic t.
admin

“It's worthit”

Prosvery easy to use for non-professional (we have 3 webshops on this platform and we want to add more) a lot of free addons big community with a lot of free advise very intuitive and easy customization for front page new features added on almost every upgrade
Conshelp support must be a little big flexible with "rookies" ;) Sometimes we ask " stupid question just because we are not familiarized with terms and if for you are easy to find information in KB for us is much more difficult
Grzegorz K.
Music, 1-10 employees

“Help Desk and SEO”

OverallI stay with CS-Cart for 8 years without significant problems.
ProsWhat I do appreciate the best in CS-Cart is Help Desk. I used to use it quite often and every time problems were solved fast and communication was run without any delay. I have found it more reliable and faster than my local distributor (and local language) help. SEO is what is most important for me and CS-Cart make available the perfect tools for that.
ConsSorry to say too many addons are payable.
Frank T.
Business Owner
Consumer Goods, 1-10 employees
January 31, 2019

“CS-Cart ”

OverallGreat visibility on Google because the rich content provided in this software.
ProsOnce you learn all that this software can do you will be very pleased. CS-Cart has provided so many how-to vids to help you along.
ConsVery little to say negative because they've been so much better in the communication with me. This software was created in Russia and the time difference can be a little difficult at times. I will say in the past year I never wait for more than 24 hrs for a response.
January 31, 2019
Ivan V.
January 22, 2019

“Very complete platform for ecommerce”

ProsCS Cart is a very complete platform that offers most functionality inside of the same platform without having to rely on third party plugins. It's interface is also very user friendly and intuitive to use, specially in the products section where you have all kinds of options from different shipping rates, hidden products, sales, discounts, etc. The latest versions have become more and more mobile friendly which is also important now that most users are shopping on their mobile phones. It integrates with most merchant solutions out there (paypal, stripe, etc.) and support is always there to help you along the way.
ConsBecause there aren't as many plugins out there it's difficult to find specific functionalities, like upselling, cross selling, abandon cart, etc.
Andrii M.
Shop owner

“Great product”

OverallI use for several online shops for many years. In my opinion, one of the best applications for business.
ProsSimplicity, convenience, excellent support, continuous product development, affordable price. Ability to connect various modules, customization from both the developer and third-party developers.
ConsRequires a good hosting, in the case of a large number of goods. However, ongoing work is underway to improve the speed of the stores.
Gabriel M.
Propietario
Environmental Services, 1-10 employees
January 28, 2019

“perfect cms and shopping cart”

OverallWithout cs-cart, I have to manually modify every page, one by one....tested lot of cms system....no one is like cs-cart....the same with shopping carts i have tested....no one have options you will find in cs-cart.
ProsI really like this software to manage web pages in an easy way, very easy to updates pages, enable and disable blocks....in a few clicks can change pages...all pages in creating with cs-cart are responsive....we are starting to insert products to be selling in our site...very flexible with lot of options for our products.....
ConsAt the moment...not have any complaints
Erwin v.
January 21, 2019

“Highly customizable ecommerce software with great value for money.”

OverallHave been using CS-cart for 8 years or so now, and have no regrets choosing this platform over Magento or Lightspeed. We have invested in professional templates and that gave us a professional webshop for a fair price.
ProsEasily import/export products and features No coding experience needed in building webshop Unlimited possibilities
ConsNot very well known, therefor not tons of addons available Hardly any local support (in our country)
Faisal W.
January 21, 2019

“Most feature packed CMS out there!”

OverallOverall for the price they charge for a lifetime license is truly value for money as this CMS is a complete solution out of box
ProsEase of Use Tons of features Amazing flexibility Excellent choice for small to medium sized shops No developer required even layouts etc can be edited by customer
ConsOnly CON is that they charge for support. Having said that the support they provide is usually sufficient
Nima M.

“everything you need ”

Proshigh customisable, easy to configure and understand without programming knowledge. you can be setup in under an hour and it can scale with your business.
Consnothing, i've loved it for years. when every other option is trying to force you into a subscription, cs cart gives you the freedom to have a perpetual license and upgrading is very easy via the upgrade centre.
Craig T.
Business Owner
December 3, 2018

“Great product backed by fast and accurate support”

OverallBrilliant. Stable powerful platform with great addons!
ProsThe support guys are fast and efficient. I am not a coder and needed a huge learning curve to get my head around this. These guys helped out in more ways than they can know. Well done
ConsNeed to know extensively about coding. Not able to upgrade due to too many modified codes, so new features etc. do not apply to me. That is really sad...
December 3, 2018
Usman G.
Software Developer

“Best Ecommerce platform”

OverallIts better if Cs-cart staff provide free support for their clients forever rather charging credits for each request.
ProsAdd-Ons Bulk Editing Hooks & Integration Marketplace with thousand of add-ons Plug And Play features Good Community
ConsHeavy processing using VPS Server for single website hosting with only 50 users servers loads go to average of 10 nothing else :)
John I.
Web Developer
January 28, 2019

“Best out of the box E-commerce app”

ProsCS-CART is the best out of the box E-commerce app I've ever used. Has the most functions more than 500 just out of the box. Easy to use it, fast loading both frontend and backend, bundle editing products, secure and a lot more. The support is great, fast, responsive, and easy to communicate with. I really recommend it.
ConsUpgrading is a little more difficult for a non-tech person. Would be nice to add more modern functionality like AMP and PWA to this by default.
Matt W.
Assistant Manager
January 23, 2019

“User friendly E-Commerce Application!”

ProsWe have found CS-Cart to be very easy to use, it has some great functions and it also looks great. Adding products to our website has never been easier.
ConsIt does take a while to work out if you have no experience of an E-Commerce application, and a few functions could be simplified i.e. 'Related Products'.
Lefteris G.
January 22, 2019

“Excellent ecommerce software that you can sell anything on the web”

OverallKeep up the good work guys
ProsEase of use software with categories management, gift management and reward points management. Also eligible of mass sending notifications and newsletter management.
ConsI would like to have more plugins available and capability of a multistore. Also integration with other 3rd party software will be fine.
Vic W.
Company Owner
January 21, 2019

“Used CSCart for 15 years and very happy with the product. Great flexibility and easy for non programmer to use.”

OverallHappy to recommend to anyone setting up online store
ProsEasy to setup and maintain No special Programming skills required. Support is very good. Upgrades are supplied. Yearly charge is very reasonable
Consnone so far Cs cart is supplied by Russian company and this sometimes puts people off, but this has never been an issue.
Adam D.
January 21, 2019

“Great self hosted cart that is fairly user friendly with great 3rd parts addons.”

OverallOverall very happy with CS Cart, has aided my business growth.
ProsSeems to be a great value self hosted solution with decent enough support and a pretty full feature set.
ConsA Paypal glitch could have been resolved sooner apparently. The recent product variants functionality could do with further improvements to make managing them easier
Nguyen C.
Webmaster
January 21, 2019

“Fast speed and easy to use”

ProsIt integrates pretty much the necessary features for an e-commerce website. The full plugin system can save you quite a lot compared to other platforms.
ConsThere are not too many options for the website theme and the price of upgrade subscripion every year maybe high for startup.
David C.
Engineering Manager
Retail, Self-employed
December 14, 2018

“E-commerce solution”

OverallGood
ProsOnce you understand how to create a database and php it is a breeze to use I have designed two e-commerce sites with this software and after trying out others I found this the most complete solution
ConsNot enough templates to use but that lets you be creative and design your own.
December 14, 2018
Long N.
11-50 employees

“Great experiences!”

OverallI like fully function add-on News.
ProsEasy to use, fully function of e-commerce, speed good, fully seo for Google. Easy to customizable for developer.
ConsBlog of cs-cart is least for use, I like fully function add-on News to seo google. I want cs-cart support Vietnamese.
Isabelle D.
Project manager
January 22, 2019

“CS-cart delivered exactly what we needed”

OverallI created our shopping cart using CS-Cart 9 years ago and I have never looked back. This was my first shopping cart and the platform gets better all the time. When they designed this software, they really thought it through and they are constantly improving, upgrading, adding addons... It's not difficult to install and you can quickly be up and running.
Pros- It is easy to install and add addons - The platform is straightforward and easy to use - The support is great and you get a quick response - It has a well-documented knowledge base, very thorough
ConsTo be honest there isn't anything that I don't like about CS-Cart which is why we are still using it.
Veli-Matti S.
General Manager
January 21, 2019

“Flexible and easy to use”

ProsQuick public and admin interface, very reliable. You can give it anyone to use. The look and feel can be modified easily.
ConsNot for all languages but can self-translate. Not a lot of users in my country so some modules are missing
Eli H.
January 17, 2019

“CS-Cart user for 10 years”

OverallExcellent
Prosbang for your buck - low price for such a product flexible for different needs robust features but still easy to use
Conscustomer service is not up to par could use better integrations with other platforms such as Ebay and Amazon
Alexis D.
Wholesale, 1-10 employees

“CS-Cart Review”

OverallSimple storefront setup of the store as an administrator. User's friendly storefront for our clients.
ProsIt is a very easy to learn software concerned its functionality and use.
ConsI haven't any cons to mention so far from my experience.
Nouri A.
Designer
Graphic Design, Self-employed
May 28, 2019

“Cs.cart for your webshop needs”

ProsI liked how customisable it is, you could literally alter every php code so it fits your own needs.
ConsI disliked the css possibilities, and think sass should be included.
May 28, 2019
Konstantin A.
Arts and Crafts, 1-10 employees
February 13, 2019

“Slow, lack of support and not buyers friendly!”

OverallUsing CS-Care for years and overall it is fine. But if to make a choice now, I would never choose CS-Cart again. Support is really slow and inefficient. But the main problem, that CS-Cart developers are great programmers, but bad sales persons. They never had own webshops or even sell something to customers. The great example - that in CS-Cart architecture E-mail is mandatory field. The first rule of sales - the process must be as easy as it can be. But nobody from CS-Cart understand that! So I live for years with many abandoned carts because many people does not want to enter e-mails but nothing possible without it. There are 3 addons which allow to avoid this, but all of them works with own bugs... So, after a years of experience I would not recommend. Although the design is great and really simple to use!
ProsEasy of use: install, setup and modify.
ConsWas build not by salesmen but programmers.
February 13, 2019
Design, Self-employed
December 10, 2018

“CS-Cart personal review.”

OverallIn each new upgrade version I see the progress made by CS-Cart team, CS-Cart is a strong and flexible shopping cart, it is really simple to setup and control the look of the storefront. Experienced users and programmers can do anything with it but for average it is user friendly.
ProsThe ability to sell digital goods without having to pay royalties to other service providers and to have total control over the site storefront and admin areas.
ConsSome features like user statics have been taken out, really miss it.
December 10, 2018
Erez H.
PM
January 21, 2019

“Using them for 6 years already and will keep use. ”

Prosmany add-ons included with the theme. the ability for customization is amazing. they offering dedicated developer. and the yearly cost is very reasonable. it dose what it should do and you can make it do what ever you could think of.
Consadd shipping calculation by cubic feet as now the real time calculation calculate each item as a box so the shipping cost come out higher.