SchoolFront for K-12 Ratings

Overall

About SchoolFront for K-12

SchoolFront.com is an online school management system for K-12 schools of any size that can improve the overall operations and internal and external communication. The system is made up of integrated components including a branded school website, school staff interface for school operations, activities, and classroom management, a student information system, a parent relationship management portal, services like email and web-hosting, and more. Learn more about SchoolFront for K-12

Barbara M.
Technologist
March 25, 2013

“Maplebrook School”

OverallI came into schoolfront as an existing tool that the school uses. I found it easy to learn and intuitive. We have many international students and it makes it easy for the parents of those students to keep abreast of how their child is doing while at school. Tom Karafonda and staff have been easy to work with -- they are flexible and patient; and while we are a very small, unique boarding school, we are treated very well by the team at schoolfront.
ProsAvailability of assignments and grades -- we are a boarding school with remote parents, schoolfront provides a central place that they can go to keep current with how their son/daughter is doing in school We have a new requirement to implement a unique behavior reward system online. The staff at schoolfront gathered the information for what we have been doing with a paper trail and have incorporated the process in schoolfront. While it hasn't gone "live" yet, the test environment has met our needs and we are excited to go live with it during the summer. Schoolfront has been very responsive in meeting our requests. Our staff is eager to go live.
ConsOur teachers are low-tech for the most part and they don't like change. While I like the upgrades in capability, our teachers struggle when various components change [for the better] and they have to relearn how to use certain areas of schoolfront. Once they've made the adjustment, all is well with the world.
March 25, 2013
Pati P.
Teacher
March 23, 2011

“Sad I can no longer use SchoolFront :0(”

OverallI used SchoolFront for a number of years, around four, I think. It was a great way to get parents involved in actively keeping themselves abreast of their children's grades. Not all parents had internet service, but even some those who didn't would go to a library, or use a friend's computer in order to access SchoolFront. I loved it because it was totally customizable, and it made all the calculations for me! I didn't worry about losing data, because SchoolFront was backed up daily on the servers. If I needed a hard copy of a report for a student, I only had to print one. I was sad when we stopped using this in favor of the District's version. I would highly recommend this to any school wanting to increase their communication with parents and give teachers a tool for keeping grade data secure but accessible.
Pros* Parent involvement * Greater student awareness of status * Online storage * Customization * Availability of printed reports * Superb customer support * Clarity of design * User-friendly
Cons* Not connected to District data * Attendance data had to be manually entered * Parental interface not teacher-controlled
March 23, 2011
shelby b.
math teacher and libraryin
Libraries, 1-10 employees
September 30, 2016

“awesome amazing ”

Overallmy experience of this is that I can do almost everthing on here you should really get this if you like to tell your kids there grade this is for you.
Prosmy favorite thing about this software is to be honest it really awesome.
Consmy least thing is really I don't have one every thing on here awesome.
September 30, 2016
Carol S.
lead teacher
January 18, 2011

“loved the program”

OverallI would highly recommend this program. Unfortunately my district went with another vendor much to my and my students' dissatisfaction.
ProsI am not a "computer" person. I still keep a paper grade book but I absolutely LOVED using SchoolFront. I did put in grades and attendance daily. My students really liked being able to keep track of their most current average, what work they needed to make up, what that night's assignment was etc. Parents could also have updates without playing phone tag with me. This program can really put the responsibility back where it belongs, with the student (and parent)...no excuses for "not knowing".
Consno complaints that I can think of
January 18, 2011
Kathy G.
Math and Science Teacher
1-10 employees
September 21, 2016

“This is a great product”

OverallI really appreciate the ease of following the screen prompts. It is easy to input information, but would appreciate the opportunity to make screens larger when submitting grades.
ProsEase or finding what I heed
ConsPrice...for a teacher with no budget at all
Recommendations to other buyersI hope that I can access this on my iPad, as I use it in the classroom a lot...moving around the room.
September 21, 2016
zoe d.
teaching
Writing and Editing, Self-employed
October 2, 2016

“awsomenes because it is well awesome and it is unstopible I love it”

Overallit is awesome it realy helps in my classroom and I think that it realy helps me keep my classroom organized and I love it so much and it is just awsome
Prosit helps you keep things orginized
Consnothing
Recommendations to other buyersit is mostly loveable0
October 2, 2016
Don K.
Teacher/Network Assistant
January 11, 2011

“School Front - Grades and More...”

OverallI would highly recommend this product to any teacher/administrator who wants to have an easy to use and full featured communciations tool with students and parents in this day of age.
ProsI found School Front a powerful tool on several fronts: Ease of use from the stand point of a teacher, communicate with students so they have instant feedback as to how they are doing, and parents can easily keep up-to-date on how thier child is doing.
ConsMore functions for administrators.
Joe Z.
Lead Science Teacher

“Schoolfront”

OverallI used a early version of Schoolfront but found it to be useful and dependable product. We did not experience any compatability problems and both parents and students found that it met their needs.
ProsEasy to set up diffrent catagories and weight assignments. Easily accessed by parents and students.
Conslimited summative reporting options
Yolonda W.
Customer service representative
Consumer Services, 51-200 employees
January 16, 2019

“School front”

ProsThis product was good but not great. It's too help students grades K-12 with learning skills
ConsThere could have been much better material for kids in certain grade levels like 5th.
January 16, 2019