QuickBooksPOS Ratings

Overall
3.5/5

About QuickBooksPOS

Automatically keeps track of inventory, customers, sales orders, layaways and employee commissions. Learn more about QuickBooksPOS

Brian B.
February 27, 2018

“Great tool for business, has some irritating features. ”

ProsThis software can handle TONS of inventory. We have used the software for over 12 years, and now have over 15000 unique items. Each one is able to track purchasing history, selling history, even details down to the name of the customer who bought this item in march of 2005, what he paid, and what else he bought on the same ticket! We use it a lot for warranty issues, as we're able to see if someone truly bought an item from us, or if they bought it online, and are just trying to get us to fix it for free. Super useful!
ConsOnce you start, you cant stop... Well, that's probably true of any POS system. You end up with too much data to lose, so I couldn't change now even if I wanted to, not that I do. The real problem with being stuck is that you have to pay up for it. Every year, they stop supporting the version from 3 years back. I.e., in 2018 they stop supporting the 2015 version, in '19 they will stop suporting '16, etc. So, you're just fine until windows does some auto-update in the middle of the night. You come in to find out you can't run your business. So, you call support. Support tells you that your version is no longer supported, and it'll be cost per register to upgrade to the current version. Then you're good for another 2 years. We've done this for over 12 years. It's the same song and dance every time. Now I know, and I can budget for it. All in all, it's worth every penny. I've yet to find anything else that can handle such a large selection of inventory, with so much adaptability, for the price. Just know that the price is hardly a 1-and-done thing.
February 27, 2018
Ray D.
May 28, 2018

“QuickBooks POS - not good for Retail, but anything else maybe”

OverallI generally liked the QB POS software and what it did for us, ... but we grew out of this. Ideally this would be great for a small business that had fixed assets that didn't change and if the SBO didn't want to pour out too much money for a POS.
Pros1) They release a new product upgrade every other year so there is no need to update your computer software every year. The upgrades are not necessary, but upgrades to provide more features. 2) Everything is backed up to a single database file on the computer; so in the event of a computer crash as long as you're backing up the QBPOS db, you can re-install the software, re-point the db file and get going again. 3) It's easy to use and navigate. 4) Does not require internet connection if the internet goes down 5) Great reports 6) A great company, with solid reputation, with a good name brand product
Cons1) Customer support is great, but you have to pay for it. I learned to reach out to 3rd party companies for Support. that seemed more eager and 2) Does not integrate with an online store presence. For our online store each time someone purchased something online we had to update our instore inventory; and vica-versa. 3) The software upgrade is a little pricey for 1 upgrade. I remember it was affordable for an upgrade for me; and we only had 1 POS computer & 1 seat. If we had 2 computers it would have been more expensive. 4) Constantly trying to add new inventory and remove old inventory was kind of a hassle. If your business had fixed assets then ideally this would be a good solution. 5) If your computer crashed or you need to get a new computer, you would have to setup the new computer and reinstall the software on the new computer along with the help of QB POS Tech Support. While this in itself wasn't bad it was trying to schedule a time that they were open and the store wasn't open so I could fix this.
May 28, 2018
Christopher S.
Independent Distributor
Construction, 1-10 employees
January 17, 2019

“My swiss army knife ”

OverallIts my go to book keeping tool I have used it I "Trust" it and would highly recommend it to any business no matter the industry or size .
ProsEasy to understand so its easy to train new users I have used this software in my construction business and a store manager it easily helps me manage multiple pos devices both in store and in the field making tax forms and reports quick and easy to create .
ConsThere is a learning curve for some uses of the software

By Intuit on January 18, 2019
We're proud to be backing Pace Products inc, Christopher. Thank you so much for sharing your lovely review with us, as it's wonderful to hear that you find the program so easy to use. I want to ensure you have all of the resources you need to help those you train get past the learning curve that is usually associated with a new program. For this reason, I encourage you to check out the QuickBooks Community website. It's a resource hub filled with a wealth of self-help knowledge articles that cover a wide range of QuickBooks-related topics. The following link will take you there: https://quickbooks.intuit.com/community/US-QuickBooks-Community/ct-p/community-us Additionally, here's another link that will take you to a list of video tutorials that also cover many of the various features QuickBooks has to offer: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLVxBmyedTVhTRQRYeZJfVBpz_12zwHc6Z Thank you again for reviewing our software, Christopher! Clay, The QuickBooks Team
January 17, 2019
Weldon H.
July 13, 2018

“D cent POS software for the money but definitely could be better. ”

OverallIt runs my business
ProsSeamless integration with Quickbooks and fairly simple setup as well as fairly inexpensive software are the best features.
ConsPoor search features in make a sale and goofy differences between make a sale and sales order screens make it obvious that this is somewhat of an afterthought for QuickBooks.

By Intuit on July 17, 2018
Happy Tuesday, Weldon. We love hearing about how we can improve the product, and interface suggestions are always very much appreciated. I'd be glad to pass your feedback along to the engineers directly, as they frequently review customer feedback when developing new features/enhancements. When you get a bit of downtime, please send your ideas to me in an email (QBCares@Intuit.com). I'll forward them on your behalf, and will keep a lookout for your message. In the meantime, I encourage you to explore the Point of Sale Resource Center at https://quickbooks.intuit.com/point-of-sale/customer-resource-center/. There you'll find expert advice, articles, and workflow tips on the small business fundamentals, with a focus on the Point of Sale product. Until we chat again, wishing you all the best! Jess, The QuickBooks Team
July 13, 2018
Sandra M.
May 7, 2018

“Quickbooks POS has been helpful for organizing my small business”

ProsThis product has allowed me to be more organized with my small business. I am able to keep track of my customers and the orders that they place. Also, my inventory is neatly organized and allows me to see exactly what items I have in stock and what items I need to order. I particularly like the "quick find" search option which I can use to quickly search for a specific item/client/or receipt. This option also searches through item descriptions which allows me to find exactly what I'm looking for with a few keywords. By far though, I really like how well and organized my previous sales are presented to me. I am able to see how my business is doing through various methods such as a pie chart or a graph, and using my own parameters to analyze my sales.
ConsIt does take a bit of a learning curve to fully grasp all that this POS system has to offer. It does have a tutorial and video guide to walk you step by step through all the features but you need to dedicate quite a bit of time just to learn everything. There are a lot options and a lot of ways to do each part of the POS system such as "make a sale", so it can take a while to figure out which method works best for you. Once you have learned everything, it takes a bit of practice in order to be able to do a function quickly enough to not keep clients waiting.
May 7, 2018
Shelby L.
Administrator
November 10, 2017

“I feel like less competent than a monkey in a space rocket with this tool - NEED TRAINING!!”

ProsIt seems that the ability to really do ANYthing with the software is there, yet without the proper time and training one can use it only to about 10% of its potential. That said, the 10% is better than the old cash register and this has been a very useful tool for getting our business's inventory managed and sales organized.
ConsThis is an incredibly complex system that ought to come along with intensive (and free of cost) training. This is not an intuitive software and there are just so many ins and outs and ups and downs that I learn something new everytime I poke around a bit and think: "shoot, I wish I would have known about that three years ago when I got this thing!!!"
November 10, 2017
Recreational Facilities and Services, 11-50 employees
August 10, 2018

“Functional not pretty, gets the job done”

OverallOverall gets the job done.
ProsHas customization - we have a quick pick category for most commonly bought items. Has useful features like reports, storing customer info, purchase orders.
ConsIt isn't very user friendly - have to x out of windows to get back to selling. User interface is ugly and in general a bit clunky. Could be user error... but nothing seems to scan once entered.

By Intuit on August 13, 2018
Thanks for taking the time out to leave us your honest review. While I'm glad the customization options have lent a lot to the functionality you enjoy, I want to make sure you can easily navigate the software. The Resource Center is a awesome outlet in that aspect, and there's one made for POS at https://quickbooks.intuit.com/point-of-sale/customer-resource-center/. You'll find a ton of tutorial and guided videos there, as well as advice on the small business and retail fundamentals. The info above will help streamline your workflow, but I want to make your voice is heard when it comes to your suggestions about the interface. We love hearing how we can improve, as the engineers default to customer ideas when drumming up new features. Could you send me your feedback in an email (QBCares@Intuit.com)? I can forward your comments to the Development Team. This way, I can also take a look at the issue you've had with scanning and provide a fix one-on-one. Jess, The QuickBooks Team
August 10, 2018
Kimberly R.
Co-owner
January 23, 2018

“Minimum expectations not met with QuickBooks POS 18.0”

OverallPlease save yourself some time/money/stress and a boatload of trouble - DO NOT USE QuickBooksPOS - go with Square, or write your own software. QuickBooks POS is a mess.
ProsI thought it would be easily interfaced with QuickBooks Desktop. I thought it would track inventory and work well with my small business. I thought it would streamline inventory check in and pricing, and sales tax collection. I was wrong.
ConsLiterally rife with software quirks. The tax collection turns itself off at will - and the "help" line tells you it's because your software is "corrupt" - which is amazing since it's brand new, and ONLY they have been in it. It was not the "online" software, so how can it be corrupt? Be aware that the system will NOT be up and running efficiently - ever....so when they start charging you by the minute for help calls - after 60 days - they will leave you on hold for hours. I am not exaggerating - HOURS - our routine was .....1. open the shop 2. turn on POS terminal 3. Call quickbooks and spend 2 hours on line while they fix the problem of the day. Often times, it was the same problem from a week ago....Even on the way out, they screw you. so many issues with this software - built on an ancient Excel platform and they have not invested $$ to update it. And every time Microsoft sends an update, your system will crash. And every so often, it will just stop adding sales tax to stuff. And, when it is in the mood, it will freeze up and say "oops, something went wrong" on your screen. And every so often, you will have to re-boot the whole system. And you will have to check in merchandise on the sales floor because in order to check in inventory on a computer in the back room, you have to shut down the front register - and they HAVE PROGRAMMED IN A 15 MINUTE DELAY - before you can open it in the back room (sometimes it's 30 minutes). Fortunately, during this 15 minutes, they have a lovely pop up which is trying to sell you another license so you can use the software in the back room (which the sales agent told you would work, but it doesn't....). They never stop creating issues with the intention of getting you to buy another license......for software that doesn't work. It is an abject, complete disaster. DO NOT DO IT.....Don't buy their POS. It's barely functional.....Understand that I have a better than average understanding of inventory management and excel. I could not make it work. Their support people want to do reach outs and they mess with your firewall settings, and will NOT own up to the fact that the software is intentionally designed to make things difficult unless you keep paying them for additional licenses and spending time on the phone at their per minute charge. We switched to Square and have ZERO complaints. Our ONLY issues experienced with Square are directly tied back to QuickBooks POS issues - the way they have their info set up made the migration/import/export tough. Once we wiped out QBPro POS 18.0 - our lives are now peaceful. One last thing - Square payments arrive overnight - 99.9% of the time - QuickBooks delayed up to 4 days. They are holding your money. It's clearly another tactic - our bank did not change, but our processor did. Way faster and cleaner with Square POS - all around.
January 23, 2018
Michael S.
Wine and Spirits, 1-10 employees
February 13, 2017

“QuickBooks Pro Point of Sale Version 12”

OverallI've used QuickBooks Pro in my retail liquor store for about fourteen months. I don't like it, for four main reasons: First, if I'm making a sale and I notice the price of the product or the on-hand quantity is wrong the software won't allow me to make corrections from the "Make a Sale" screen. It will allow me to change the price, but the change will show up on the receipt as a "discount," and the price will remain wrong in the database. To change the price or the on-hand quantity in the database requires exiting from the "Make a Sale" function and then entering the "Item List" function. This is impractical to do when a customer is waiting to pay and get on his way. It is also inconvenient and cumbersome to switch back and forth when we are checking in replacement inventory items during business hours and we have to get out of the "Item List" and go to the "Make a Sale" function. When we had Microsoft Point of Sale we could do both functions from the same screen. Second, QuickBooks Pro will not produce a simple report showing what products were sold and how many were sold during a previous period of time, plus how many remain in inventory. I need to know this information so I can decide what items to replace in inventory. QuickBooks Pro will report all the sales during any chosen period, but obviously the same products are often sold multiple times during a day, so when I'm ordering I have to look at every transaction and consider whether to re-buy the same items multiple times, and then look at another report showing how many were sold during the past months. If you were in a business like mine you'd appreciate the difference between looking at several hundred individual transactions and looking at a single list that summarizes what was sold, how many remain in stock, and how many were sold in the past three months. I think a good POS system should be able to produce a list of what was sold in one column alongside another column showing how many remain in inventory, and a third column showing how many were sold during the previous three months or whatever time period the user would choose as a guide to decide how many of each to re-buy for stock. QuickBooks Pro will not do this. Also, QuickBooks will not let you copy the name of an item in a report, which would make reordering easier. Instead, I have to type the name of what I want when I go to the suppliers' ordering systems. Third, it won't handle some barcodes. There are some that'll work in the "Item List," but not in the "Make a Sale" function and some vice versa. Some won't work in either function. We never had this problem with Microsoft Point of Sale. Fourth, and worst, QuickBooks drops transactions and changes the quantities of items in inventory. Every night when I do my tallies I have more money in the till than I should have for a number of sales that day as reported by QuickBooks. I've seen no rhyme or reason for this happening-the software just decides on its own to delete a transaction or two every day. It also decides on its own to make changes to the quantities of items in inventory, so I don't really know how many of an item we have in stock without walking to the shelf and counting them myself. I seldom have time to do this, so I frequently order things we already have plenty of, or we run out of things and don't notice it until a customer complains or we just see a hole in the shelf where something should go. I've tried to imagine a business that would be satisfied with this software. Please don't recommend it to clients with high product turnover and many transactions to keep up with.
ProsPoor as it is, it does keep working. It hasn't crashed yet.
ConsSee review
Recommendations to other buyersSee review
February 13, 2017
Paige F.
Museum Store Manager
Fine Art, 1-10 employees
February 1, 2017

“An okay system for PC but no compatibility with mobile technology and prone to dumping data”

OverallI used Quick-books for about a year and while it was an easy system to use on the PC, I found my business needs were better met by moving to a POS system that was mobile friendly. Quick-books has a very easy to use the system--items are tracked with a generated barcode and the system lists when the item was brought in when it was purchased last, and by whom it was purchased. I appreciated the compatibility of the technology to be able to automatically print barcodes for our use as opposed to other Mac POS systems, and overall the system was just fine until one day, two days after the largest sale of the year for our company, I went to ring up an item and I found Quick-books had experienced a major glitch and had deleted all the inventory I had added, sold, or updated within the last two weeks. I was devastated. I had input over 2,000 new pieces (individual, one-of-a-kind pieces of art) into Quick-books for our annual holiday sale and then when I tried to secure records for the pieces sold, bought, or input, suddenly the barcodes did not work, there was no record of me having ever entered in all the new works, and I had no sales records for over 100 artists. Luckily my accountant and I, the Store Manager, had already paid out everything that was sold from the large event, but I spent hours inputting the data back in for the remaining pieces. I was confounded and furious and customer service had no answers as to why this had happened. I immediately began researching POS systems that were mobile friendly and that stored my data and records on the Cloud or other web means so that I would never again have to experience lost data. My decision to move from Quick-books was justified when, just a few weeks later, I went to another local business to buy running shoes and the saleswoman apologized for the slow checkout process, noting that overnight her entire inventory had been wiped clean from her POS. I asked what POS she used, and sure enough, Quick-books had done it to again, left someone in the lurch from unexplained dumped data. For the price and poor customer service and unreliability, I never regretted moving from Quick-Books Point of Sale to another POS system. I now use Shopkeep and I am very happy with it.
ProsVery easy to use. It generates bar codes to corresponding with individual or grouped items and then displays the price, merchandiser, and all vital information in the same place for me to find. I liked to be able to track when, where, and by whom an item was brought in and then sold.
ConsQuick-Books was prone to glitches and to dumping, data on inventory entered. I lost over 2,000 records on new merchandise brought in for our annual holiday sale. Overnight there was no record I had ever entered, sold, or updated anything over a two-week period, the most pivotal two-week period of our year. Luckily my accountant and I had already paid the artists for their sold works, but it took hours for me to put the inventory back in and update the records. My sales records for those two weeks were also unaccounted for, and suddenly my sales were down by thousands compared with the last year. I was purchasing running shoes from another local business down the street a few weeks later and the saleswoman was having a field day trying to sell anything as overnight, same as what happened to me, Quick-books had dumped all her inventory and it had to be entered in again.
Recommendations to other buyersQuick-books is an okay system for the PC but in the shifting world and its technological advances, I would suggest to anyone that moving to a mobile-friendly POS is the way to go. I loved being able to make a sale from anywhere in the building with my mobile-friendly POS, and not to be chained to the desk with my PC to make sales.
Sharni V.
August 9, 2016

“Easy to use, but not easy to upgrade”

ProsEase of use. It was simple to teach employees how to use the register side of it. It synchronized easily to quickbooks financial once everything was mapped.
ConsI could not upgrade past windows 7 on the machines that ran this product. It required I have a machine set up as a server. It cost me pretty much the full price of the product to add another register, or back end user. In order to update the product you had to buy it outright again. There was next to no updating of the product. I bought version 10 back in January of 2011 and until I stopped using it in August 2016 there was no updates. I had to buy the product again if I wanted an update. Customer support cost a lot extra per month, they would even charge you for calls when the problem was their fault. Many reports were limited. For instance, fields I would expect to be in a report simply were not there. For instance, the top customer report, had no way to put the email address into it. So what was the point of that report if you could not send them an email promo? It was not stored in the cloud, so I was limited in that the product could only be used in my store. If I wanted remote access I had to use a third party computer access product to see my POS. If you wanted integrated credit card transactions you had to use their merchant services. Their fees were higher than everyone else. I ended up saving thousands a year when I moved to another merchant processor and adding extra steps at the checkout. Once my file got big, it would lag out loading customer/inventory information. I ended up changing POS systems when we got another location and it was just going to cost too much to upgrade the product to cope with multiple locations.
Recommendations to other buyersCheck out subscription cloud based products. While paying monthly may be off putting, you have a current up to date product that is easy to access from anywhere. Also look into products that work on more than one platform. And there are products out there that will sync your POS to your website.
August 9, 2016
Michelle P.
April 19, 2016

“We have used QB POS Multi store for a couple years.”

ProsEase of ringing up customers. It's very simple to start ringing people up. We didn't have to train our staff more than a couple minutes.
Cons1. Tech support is horrible. There is a reason this is number one!!!!!! 2. If you have more than one computer at a location there are issues if you don't have a wired internet which brought us down for hours and hours and hours over weeks without anyone diagnosing this to be the issue. Customer service just kept logging in and changing the IP address without explaining what they were doing. I finally got a good tech support person that helped me figure it out and how to fix it on my own. (Do NOT use wireless internet. You MUST use hard wire to computer.) 3. We have inventory items that keep reappearing after deleting them. We then tried to merge them and they still keep reappearing. Tech support couldn't remove them either. This really messes up our reports. 4. We had a day that at the end of the day QB restarted and lost ALL the transactions for the day. We were never able to get the information back and it also took a weeks worth of transactions with it. Tech support never retrieved the information nor could explain what happened. 5. There is only 2 levels of departments. You have a "work around" for this by allowing you to customize a field, but you have to write the department name in each time. If you forget the exact word you used such as "snack" instead of "snacks" it won't run adequate reports. I can't imagine many places that don't need more departments. For example, I have "Tours" and "Merchandise" as my main departments. I want to have "Snacks" "Apparel" and even further under snacks I'd like to have "Cookies" "Chips", etc. 6. Sending and receiving files from Intuit server does not always go through. This would be ok if there were an error message, but there isn't. It just didn't send. The only way to be sure this didn't happen when running a report on headquarters is to check to see if there is information each day. I have more than one location so this is tedious. If I find a day that is missing I have to have the staff manually go in and resend data. 7. I'm sure I have MUCH more, but that was the ones I could think of off the top of my head and QB POS has taken up enough of my life!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If I can find a better solution I would before you could blink your eyes. I am constantly looking and shopping around.
Recommendations to other buyersRun as fast as you can away from this product!! If there was less than 1 I would rate it as far negative as I could see on my monitor.
April 19, 2016
Real Estate, 11-50 employees
May 7, 2019

“POS for our small retail shop”

ProsWe have used this product since the beginning and find it easy to use and integrating it into our books makes life simple.
ConsSometimes was a challenge to learn, but an overall great product.

By Intuit on May 8, 2019
Thanks for the taking the time to review. While I'm confident you're a pro by now, I know just where you can go should you have questions down the road. Since we realize learning any new software can be a challenge, we've created a ton of resources, like our Community (https://intuit.me/2rJQ95o) to help ease the learning curve. This multi-function space is an awesome 24/7 outlet where you can chat with QuickBooks reps or explore hundreds of troubleshooting/how-to tutorials. Check it out anytime, and have a good one! Grant, The QuickBooks Team
May 7, 2019
Sylvia R.
Partner
April 20, 2017

“QB POS great pos, horrid support, pricing that keeps wanting more”

Prosmany of the reports and report functions are great, easy to use, sensible setup. easy to use on the register as well as from the back end.
Conscustomer support is terrible if you finally get someone, many times they made changes that ended up affecting the operations in a negative way. When, support was elevated to a higher level, many times you would never hear back from anyone. You don't just buy your license and that's it, they come out with upgrades etc. and many require you buying the newer licenses to be able to continue to function. Price is prohibitive, having to buy new licenses every 14-18 months.
April 20, 2017
Jeanne C.
Administrative Coordinator
Law Enforcement, 51-200 employees
January 20, 2019

“Best in combination with Quickbooks accounting software”

OverallOverall, this is a decent POS software. I like that it talks to QuickBooks accounting software and manages inventory. Invest in a bar code scanner and receipt printer. Plug and play - easy to get them to work with the POS software. A good software for medium skill level users if you want more depth than a standard POS like Square.
ProsQuickbooks POS is a good software to use in combination with the Quickbooks accounting software. It syncs your inventory, tracks your purchase orders, invoices, bills and checks. You can hook up a bar code scanner for ease of use and have a portable bar code scanner for inventory.
ConsI'm sure there's better POS software out there but I'm used to Quickbooks and it seemed fairly easy to use. The interface could be better looking. It's kind of dated and a little complicated to look at and find what you need. The sync with the accounting software takes a while. You may have to find 5 minutes to do something else while waiting for it to sync.
January 20, 2019
September 4, 2018

“QB Point of Sale Review”

OverallDIdn't require to be online as some other versions of a POS system do require. This is a nice feature as it is a pay one time not monthly.
ProsEasy to adapt has two different screen settings that make it easy depending on your type of retail business that allows it easy to understand. If you are not a computer expert you can still feel smart using the POS software.
ConsPrice and if you do need to call for help, since it is a QB product support time is usually longer than you want. The support call time can be a problem if you have an issue with the POS system during normal operational hours.
September 4, 2018
Janeen K.
Administrative Secretary
Religious Institutions, 1-10 employees
September 24, 2019

“Easy to use”

OverallVery basic and easy to use for small companies. Not good for large or high volume stores.
ProsVery easy to use, easy to train new people. Easy for people who are not experienced on cash registers or computers.
ConsNot easy to keep track of sales by item. Not easy to look up items. Not easy to research prices by item.

By Intuit on September 26, 2019
Hello, Janeen. Empowering you with the tools you need to get the job done quickly and easily is our top priority. It's great to hear this has been achieved for you! We recommend browsing the Community for tips and tricks on tracking sales and searching for items and prices. Here, you'll find a library of articles and advice from fellow users and QuickBooks Team members: https://community.intuit.com/ Thanks for stopping by to leave a review. Morgan, The QuickBooks Team
September 24, 2019
Horacio C.
Product Development Asst.
1001-5000 employees
May 3, 2018

“Great POS system for small business”

ProsI bought the simple version of Quickbooks POS and it had great features for an entry business. No limits on inventory list and great tool for customer loyalty rewarding. For being a simple version, this brings a lot of handy tools to track inventory and awesome sales report.
ConsVery laggy when filled inventory list with 1000+ items. Also, the online feature needed to be on the expensive version, so it didn't offer it like other POS systems do without upgrading.
May 3, 2018
Don H.
Food & Beverages, 1-10 employees
December 15, 2017

“Good software for retail sales but not as strong for food and drink sales”

OverallInventory management and sales transaction and history. Nice customer reward program based on sales.
ProsGood inventory managment tied to sales. Easy to use and train. Nice variety of sales reports and profitablity.
ConsInability to process another transaction while waiting for a customer to provide tip info eg must complete sale including tip amount before doing anything else (taking an order, printing another receipt for tip inclusion). Cannot process transaction if the internet is down.
December 15, 2017
Nate F.
Systems Administrator
Retail, 51-200 employees
August 16, 2017

“Solid product for the small shop, don't expect it to grow with you.”

OverallThis is a great way to go from no point of sale to a solid tool that will serve the small shop. There is very little in the way of customization, or integration that can be done with this product, don't expect to use it with other software easily.
ProsReporting features are excellent At-register experience is good Integration with Quickbooks is seamless
ConsIntegration with outside software such as e-commerce is poor Gift card options are unnecessarily limited, frustrating, and expensive Customer support leaves a lot to be desired
August 16, 2017
Kevin M.
October 17, 2019

“Gotta Love It”

OverallQB Pos has really helped give us control over our retail operations. Couldn't live without now.
ProsThis software is full-featured and really does a great job of keeping track of everything going on in your store. From inventory to sales, the information is there and easy to access.
ConsIt can be a little tough to get information out in the form I want. Overall the reporting is great but I sometimes like to look at details that are cumbersome to get to.
October 17, 2019
Kunle A.
Software Engineer
November 20, 2017

“Best in its league.”

OverallI have been able to overcome every possible problem, from the way I see it every problem about QuickBooks has a solution.
ProsWell as a professional and software developer, I have experienced many POS applications in my career but Quickbooks seems to be the best and easiest solution for me. I have recommended to my clients, they use it and personally I support them in case of any issue what so ever. I can boldly say for the last 7 years, quickbooks still stands out.
November 20, 2017
Lisa B.
Accountant
April 14, 2017

“It's OK and can be worked”

OverallWe are currently running Quckbooks 2008 and I do not know if newer versions of Quickbooks have improved some of the current issues
ProsSort of intuitive to USE for the cashier. If set up correctly much can autofill at the time of sale.
ConsCan be difficult to manage in regard to mapping for uploading of information to Quickbooks financial. Some reporting can be difficult and not customizable as much I would be beneficial. We tend to export and then manipulate the data in an office document.
Lisa D.
April 14, 2017

“Once the only game in town”

OverallOnce, one of the only games in POS. town, Intuit now has robust competition. We are seriously looking into a cloud based alternative for our store. Having said that, I will say that my most recent call to customer service was one of the best I have ever had. Maybe they are feeling some heat from the competition.
ProsVery versatile, perhaps to a fault at times. Quite easy to learn at least initially. Integration with QuickBooks.
ConsUI needs a serious updating. Many fine features on the software are not immediately apparent or easily accessible. This is at least partly due to the somewhat outdated and clumsy interface. We have had the desktop based version of this POS since 2003 and have had a tenuous and oftentimes rocky relationship with customer service and support. Intuit is such an enormous company that one feels like an unimportant cog in the wheel when trying to fix a problem.
Patrick G.
IT Technician
July 3, 2018

“Quickbooks POS customer support is spectacular. ”

OverallOverall the software is great! The customer service makes up for the lack of explaining certain things during installation. A service rep spent hours on the phone helping repair the problem. She was wonderful. The absolute best customer service I've ever used!
ProsCustomer support from Quickbooks POS is by far my favorite thing about this software! Very helpful.
ConsFunctionality of this product was a bit hard to work out. Especially in the install process when installing Quickbooks POS Server. Explaining the server and client sides of the software better during installation process would.
July 3, 2018
Jennifer C.
May 25, 2018

“Great software for our business needs. ”

ProsIt is a great software tools to not only track our business finances, but also our customers, vendors, and employees easily on 1 site.
ConsOnly 1 user can work the program at a time and then the file must be backed up each time for another use to log in. We tried the online version and did not like it so when we went back to the desktop program 5 months later, we had to back track months of data.
May 25, 2018
Ken B.
December 26, 2018

“Has Some Nice Features, But Too Many Glitches”

OverallSupport is awful.
ProsThe reports are spot on and a great time saver.
ConsI was not given a heads up that you have use Intuit's credit card services. Intuit is much higher than many other credit card providers. Also for the first 6 months I owned this program on occasion the software would malfunction and charge the last customer for the new customer's order.
December 26, 2018
Carole D.

“Too many crashes”

ProsI liked the reports that were set up in the system. I was able to track my business easily with little effort. It was quite easy to learn to operate.
ConsIt got to the point that we couldn't trust the inventory numbers anymore. It was spitting out numbers that were questionable based on given facts. We changed to a web based program so we could access it from anywhere.
Susan C.

“Quickbooks POS”

ProsSimple to use, self explanatory, Easy set up- easy to talk an employee through over the phone if they need to use a new part of the system
ConsIt would help if there was a report that showed busy times of day, how many invoices per hour, -is good for staffing purposes and when looking at hourly changes-my old system had this and we used it quite alot
Kevin H.
Owner / Operator
September 27, 2019

“Robust but very clunky”

OverallQuickBooks POS was our original product for inventory and sales in our retail store. While it is robust and simplifies many aspects of accounting, the overall feel and look were just not conducive to everyday business operations.
ProsThe integration between QuickBooks POS and QuickBooks itself is, as one should expect, outstanding! Both programs work exceptionally well together and make accounting very streamlined.
ConsThe user interface is very "clunky," meaning that it is sometimes difficult to navigate. For newer users, the visual presentation is overwhelming and has a rather uncomfortable feel to it.

By Intuit on October 1, 2019
Hi there, Kevin. Thank you for sharing your review with us. It's awesome to know integrating the Point of Sale system with QuickBooks has been simple and helpful. You can rest easy knowing all of your data is organized in one space. We want to make sure you have the resources you need to easily navigate your account. The Community is a great place to start. Here, you'll find a variety of articles and advice from other users and QuickBooks Team members: https://community.intuit.com/ Wishing you continued success. Morgan, The QuickBooks Team
September 27, 2019
Meg D.
Admin Assistant
51-200 employees
February 26, 2019

“Slow and not always intuitive but it works for many different functions”

ProsGreat for tracking inventory and customers, great for sales orders and a services oriented business.
ConsIt is slow in a fast paced retail environment. Getting all the information is pretty slow going and not always intuitive for the new cashiers and many members of staff working in a fast paced store.
Roger M.
May 4, 2016

“Quickbooks POS”

ProsVery intuitive program. Lots of bells and whistles for the money. Easy to learn, plenty of reports and employee time tracking.
ConsYou pretty much have to use their merchant services. If you choose to use a third party, you will have to manually enter credit/debit sales transactions into another terminal. This leads to a double entry for these types of sales and mistakes happening. You have to pay for support, either monthly or very costly by the incident. Upgrading can be costly and if you don't upgrade, your version will not even be supported at some point.
Recommendations to other buyersLook for long term growth. Get what you might need down the road now. You have to look at upgrading equipment cost as well as software at some point. Cloud based systems to me are ones to look at.
May 4, 2016
Construction, 11-50 employees
April 16, 2018

“Amazing software for small businesses!”

ProsQuickbooks POS is very user friendly - it is not a complicated point of sale software that requires much thought. Easy to train a new retail sales associate on, which is great.
ConsThere can be occasional glitches we can be problematic when running credit cards or taking payments.
April 16, 2018
corey k.
April 10, 2018

“the product and the service are always dependable! ”

Overallgreat customer service!
ProsThe POS is very easy to use and navigate. Even my employees who are not super computer literate can easily use it will little to no assistance.
ConsI would like for upgrades to be more seamless, especially if there is a cost associated with the upgrade.
April 10, 2018
Mia W.
Retail, Self-employed
February 26, 2018

“Easy Use”

ProsVery Easy to use and love that I can export to excel. Reports are usually easy to use. I like that open invoices are lined up and clumped together
ConsI dont like that every time I open QB it doesn't go to home page, I have to close out of everything I worked on
February 26, 2018
Carrie C.
Building Materials, 1-10 employees
September 14, 2017

“Efficient for a small business”

ProsHas all the features needed for my business. It's easy to use. Excellent quality for its price point.
ConsNeed to be a faster way of looking up info. I have lots of products and we have to look thru the whole list even tho it is in order to find what we need. Can be very frustrating.
September 14, 2017
Beth K.
Consultant
Management Consulting, 51-200 employees
February 1, 2017

“Prepare for lots of frustration, speaking to the continent of India and very little that makes sense”

OverallI'm a Proadvisor so I know a little. But nothing is helpful; create Custom Forms is a joke. Call India help desk, more time spent on nothing. It takes a lot of time, most spent on really bad documentation, but good once it's done.
ProsMost small business accounts use QuickBooks
ConsIt's so badly prepared, the service is worthless, the documentation - both online and written, awful, and they make what should be easy, very difficult.
Recommendations to other buyersMake sure you have someone install it who really knows what they're doing....
Ed K.
Director of Retail Operations
Building Materials, 11-50 employees
July 19, 2018

“Using outdated version.”

Overalllooking possibly to upgrade to V18.
ProsUsing Quickbooks Accounting, so integrates well. Feels a lot like Quickbooks Accounting so is easy to use.
ConsWe have V12, which is over five years old, and we could not get any help desk support for this older version.
July 19, 2018
Bryon C.
Marketing
Retail, 11-50 employees
February 15, 2018

“It was great for what it was”

OverallBetter (it seems) for smaller companies.
ProsThis was brilliant. I really like how customizable the software is. For a layman, it was a very easy-to-use platform that was an all-in-one bundle of scheduling tools, customer profile tools, invoicing, ect. Big value.
ConsI really enjoied using this software but it seemed to really bog down as my database grew. I would love to see a faster application.
February 15, 2018
Leeann B.
Admin
December 28, 2017

“Very easy to learn and use”

ProsThe ease to learn and how easy it is to customize reports for whatever you need it for. Tracking payments and entering notes is a great function!
ConsI guess my only con would be emailing through QuickBooks doesn't have our company logo or signatures.
December 28, 2017
dawn a.
Retail, 11-50 employees
December 7, 2017

“great product”

Overallmakes the use of inventory easy to use
ProsIts very user friendly I have employees that can breeze through it and it makes their life simpler.
ConsSupport help is not very good. Whe you call they wont help you right away. I never get anyone that speaks english well enough
December 7, 2017
Jessica Z.
office manager
Automotive, 1-10 employees
August 29, 2017

“East breezy ”

ProsSimple layout and practacal functionality , very simple to use for beginers but has everything an experienced user would want .
ConsOnly thing i would weant to change is to have more custom options , not to many things asaid from thaty i would change
August 29, 2017
Andy P.
August 10, 2017

“I am happy , i like it”

ProsVery easy operations, daily reports and Inventory maintenance, very easy to operate Price look up and price change is easy. This product is really good and affordable, I already have 3 stores, I am using same Product for My all business.
Erika G.
Administrative manager
July 14, 2017

“Very good product with a variety of functions to fit your business needs. ”

ProsThe software is easy to use and its easy to customize reports for different needs.
Consit crashes often and i have experience multiple issues with the sharing of information between the main computer and work stations
Mark W.
Head of Web Development
Apparel & Fashion, 51-200 employees
December 5, 2016

“Good for medium-sized companies with plenty of inventory”

OverallWe've used this POS system for about 5 years now. It works great if you also are using Quickbooks as your accounting software.
ProsEasy to Use Good Customer Service department Interactive
ConsExpensive Not Ideal for small businesses Requires many accessories
Recommendations to other buyersUse this if you have a medium-sized company or larger.
December 5, 2016
Alexandra C.
Office manager
Consumer Goods, 51-200 employees

“Quickbooks review”

ProsHow organized you can keep everything ie; payroll, invoices, product info, customer info
ConsThe passwords you have to constantly put in to navigate each area of quickbooks can be frustrating at times.
zubair khan s.
student
Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 1001-5000 employees
September 25, 2018

“great application and most reliable in working and easy to used in every environment.”

OverallI like so much that
ProsLittle slow in my system but the whole output of that software is helpful and overall efficiency is the best
Consmost efficient, Reliable, easy to use and easy to learn for every one.
September 25, 2018
Nitika K.
Studio Manager
Health, Wellness and Fitness, 11-50 employees
March 20, 2018

“Quickbooks is easy to use and takes care of all of our payroll needs”

ProsI like that it is easy to use for someone who is not an accountant. It is easy to categorize vendors and employees. It is easy to pull all kinds of reports to stay on top of finances. It is also easy to track various bank accounts in one place. I just love it!
ConsThere isn't much I don't like about this software. There is some functionality such as the vacation pay that could be a little more user friendly I feel. We have employees who get paid a set amount of vacation a year and by hours they work. And we found it a little confusing to set up. But, it did get set up.
March 20, 2018
Arthur D.
CTO
Computer Software, Unspecified
March 7, 2018

“POS enabled us to add a retail location to our distribution business, minimal time spent configuring”

OverallThe intergration with QB Financials
ProsEase of setup and intetgration into our QB Enterprise software. We got system setup in under an hour and was connected to QB Finance and ringing up customers with a hour and a half.
ConsHow inventory goes into QB Financial but we developed a work around. Inventory needs to be able to use QB Finance as the main record for inventory
March 7, 2018
Jevanni L.
System Administrator
December 6, 2017

“It will make your work day simpler and more efficient. You should definitely give it a try”

ProsQuick books allows me to easily search customers and all the information we have on each one. I can find their location, phone number, email address and much more just with a few clicks.
ConsPrice, seems high but for everything it does it was worth it. Saved me from using an accountant and paying someone else to keep my books. I was able to do it all myself.
December 6, 2017