Norton Security Ratings

Overall

About Norton Security

Protecting your data and information is our only concern. Its why Norton makes this bold promise to you: From the moment youre eligible for the Norton Virus Protection Promise, a Norton expert will help keep your devices virus-free or well refund your money. Learn more about Norton Security

Showing 50 of 1951 reviews

Showing 50 of 1951 reviews

Blake B.
Ecommerce Product Manager
Mining & Metals, 11-50 employees
September 13, 2019

“One piece of the puzzle”

OverallWe use it for a first line security software that defends against phishing attempts, virus attachments, trojans, malware, etc. It's solid security software for the small and mid-market business. We're a mid-sized manufacturing concern, so we have many sensitive files that need to be protected from outside snoopers.
ProsTurnkey security software for your small or mid-sized organization. By the time you get larger, you'll want more comprehensive security software. It works well, has high levels of customization, and you can view the threats against which it's protecting on a daily basis.
ConsSome users complain it's too restrictive and doesn't give them enough flexibility to complete their work, but we'd rather give software permissions on an ongoing basis than make it too lax up front. You'll certainly need more defenses when you get larger, especially when securing mobile devices and VPNs.
September 13, 2019
Virginia T.
Writer
September 7, 2019

“My Friend, Norton, has my back.”

Overall!. no adware, spyware or popups 2. automatically scans for problems, leaving me ree to focus on my work 3. identity theft protecion
Pros When I first used Norton and the free trial ran out I was tempted and succumbed to using the free antivirus programs available. After using them for a while, I realized that there is no substitute for experience. I appreciate the know-how that Symantec has with almost forty years of providing antivirus programs. Most important to me is that it is like having an expert assistant to scan and review my computer for threats to my system. I am a writer and do a lot of research for my characters and their environment, so I am all over the web getting resource material for my writing. This makes me quite vulnerable to identity theft and various intrusions into my cyber-privacy. Norton is always there to back me up and prevent loss to my material and my finances. I like that. Since I have been using Norton I don't have to worry about pop-ups or nasty windows that threaten to freeze my computer if I don't call them for technical support. Parental controls are included, although I do not have any children using my computer; my friends do and they find this feature helpful. The PC cloud back up is important to me as a writer since I do not ever want to lose my work and have to try to recreate it. I feel very comfortable using Norton Anti-virus because it allows me to have confidence that my online privacy is secure and I don't have to be constantly wary of cyber intrusions.
ConsIt is difficult to fid fault with this software. I am a user, not a software expert. I amvery happy to use it an itt wuits my cyber lifestyle very well.
September 7, 2019
Mary O.
Retail, 1-10 employees
August 26, 2019

“Norton Security is Like Working with an Old Friend...Very Reliable”

OverallOverall, in the past, my experience was a good one with Norton Security. If changes had not been made to their customer service department, I would still be with them today.
ProsNorton Security has served my company well over the years. With it's ease of use, I have become very use to it's reliability. In a recent case, maybe too reliable. Before I get into that, though, I would like to say that the ease of Norton is amazing. And, until recently, their customer service was surpassed by none. I had used Norton Security for my business since 1999 and been very happy with the product. Something, however, must have changed because the Norton that I had loved became a company that I no longer wanted to deal with and, unfortunately, changed security software.
ConsIt's not so much the software that I have been disappointed with , but rather customer service. When I originally started using Norton, customer service was phenomenal. On the few instances that our company had security problems, the folks from Norton were right there. Their IT staff was incredible and understanding. Our company is entirely online, so when something happens with security, we cannot work and that is a loss of money. The last problem that occurred, the customer service people were not as helpful as they had been in the past. It was this that made me re think Norton as a security system and whether or not I wanted to continue with them in the future. At present, I am using a different security software and like it. Will I give Norton Security another in the future? I could, but their customer service would have to change for me to come back.
Jenna D.
Graphic Designer
Graphic Design, Self-employed
August 26, 2019

“The Best Protection For Your Money!”

OverallOverall, the experience has been fairly pleasant! the initial set-up is easy, you can set up when scans happen at any time of the day or night, and it's not too much of an inconvenience! I've had apps before like Avast where there's been constant pop-ups that aren't even helpful, and it's basically "ads" trying to get me to update to a high subscription package to get the best virus protection. Norton doesn't bug you like that, and let's you upgrade on your own free will. It runs in the background and sometimes you forget it's even there! There's hardly any notifications unless it's a malware issue or anything related to that, or idle scans. It's so nice!
ProsNorton is always on top of everything. Even if you're not well-versed in everything that has to do with computers or the internet, Norton takes care of you and tells you if what you just downloaded is good or bad, if the web page you're on is good or bad, and also when your next scan is coming so you can prepare for it (i.e. closing down apps, software, etc. that you may need to save progress on).
ConsSometimes it "overthinks" downloads and websites. What I mean by this, is I could be on a site that's trusted, and any and all downloads are 100% clean. But it will still mark downloads and sites as dangerous and will either restrict access to them, or immediately delete a download. And sometimes it's downloads that take more than 10 minutes to complete that get automatically deleted, so it's like a waste of time waiting for it to download, only to find out Norton deleted it soon after.
Education Management, 10,001+ employees
August 22, 2019

“A Complete Antivirus Suite”

OverallNorton keeps my devices safe, allowing me to maintain productivity without having to worry about security issues. Auto-update keeps things protected even in a rapidly-changing world of computer threats.
ProsNorton Security is extremely easy to use and has been my primary antivirus software on all of my personal computers and devices for over a decade. The program is effective in that it catches and secures threats quickly to avoid harm to my system. The scans are always thorough, and I appreciate that the software is easy to use, even for those who may sometimes struggle with advanced computer features. But the advanced features are present for any users who can take advantage of the program's capabilities.
ConsMy main issue is the length of time that the scan can take to complete. I understand that scanning hundreds of thousands of files can take time, but the program can be a bit heavy on system resources while it is carrying out the scan. Still, this is an issue with all antivirus software, so it is hardly a complaint.
Angel J.
HMIS Partner Success Manager
Non-Profit Organization Management, 11-50 employees
August 12, 2019

“Norton has Progressed”

OverallNorton has come a long way in keeping up with protecting computer users. I never use to recommend the software and was never happy about the need to keep up with all of the updates needed. Now things are more automated and have less undesirable things for me as a user to do.
ProsI like the ease of use and that when you set it up you can forget about it and it still will protect your machine. Most of the computers sold have this software suite bundled so that helps make the decision.
ConsThe need to take away from my computers memory and processing speed to protect me while online. The processing power is used and that is not preferred.
August 12, 2019
Shaun R.
GCU Computing Science Student
Computer Software, Self-employed
August 8, 2019

“Best Anti-Virus Software”

OverallThe benefits of this software is that the licenses available to purchase come with the ability of being used on multiple devices, such as desktops, tablets and even mobile phones. This increases the protection of everyones devices bringing ease to downloading files.
ProsThe main pro to this software is that its user interface is very easy to use. It comes with different labelled tabs and different large squares with different symbols indicating to the user if they want to run different searches. Not only does it come with Anti-Virus protection but it also helps to optimise computer performance, by allowing the user to use the software to perform disk defragmentations. The customer support for norton is one of the best too as they are always happy to help with any issues, whether they may be installation or compatibility issues.
ConsThe main downside to norton would be that it does use up a lot of resources, due to its processes requiring a vast amount of computer memory (RAM) in order to run efficiently.
August 8, 2019
Sarah M.
AD of Education
Education Management, 501-1000 employees
July 18, 2019

“A Virus Protection System with Experience ”

OverallYou get what you pay for and in this case, its quality. Its dependable and we've been using it for years without any reason to change products.
ProsI'll start with this--there are dozens and dozens of malware protection programs available to computer users. That being said, there are few of those that have stood the test of time and that have been around as long as Norton as. It certainly has a reputation of first-class and they have continued to put our a product that does what it is supposed to do, protect you. It is simple. Install it and it does the work for you. If you'd like to check in with Norton, open up the window and see what tasks it has been up to most recently and what is has been scanning. While there is certainly the option of running a scan on demand, Norton will take care of it for you. This is definitely my favorite feature because I never have to think about it. Another feature is that it has expanded its add ons for web browsing. Because not everything is downloaded, Norton understands that surfing the web can be risky and it will block web pages or tell you when a web site doesn't look up to par.
ConsWith great power comes, well, a need for a great space. I will say that using a newer computer and newer version of Windows, I have not encountered any issues with Norton slowing down processes or using too much RAM space. That being said, my old computer seemed painfully slow and my coworkers agree. Since Norton is constantly scanning, it can, and will, slow things down if you are using an older computer.
July 18, 2019
Anthony K.
freelance artist
Arts and Crafts, Self-employed
June 22, 2019

“Under Norton's Protection”

OverallAs a private user, I am very pleased with my experience with this security. Also at the same time the app does not take too much of my computer memory up either. I have had issues in the past with really bloated security software. Many times that would get in the way of using Art programs like Photoshop or Illustrator which have a high demand for cpu memory usage.
ProsI like the warnings I receive that make me think twice about websites I visit. I think the user interface is simplified for anyone to understand. The ability to optimize the disks and clear out all the extra trash left on browsers is spectacular. I regularly use the application for scanning for virus's and I have not yet got one. Most likely due to the live Auto protect that shuts down any suspicious activity.
ConsMy only real complaint is that I wish it had even more. I know there are other Norton products that could be added on to make it a more complete suite. For example a VPN perhaps. Other than that, I am pretty happy with the software.
June 22, 2019
Jeremy D.
Business Manager
Retail, 11-50 employees
September 12, 2018

“It has the functions...and some of the headaches...”

OverallTheir products do what they say they will do, but their products are best geared for big business, in my opinion. My best advice, especially to small businesses considering their network products, is that the network and computer hardware you have may be burdened with "extra" processor-hogging tasks and processes. If you ever need to uninstall their products in the future, you will save yourself some time by formatting your systems and reinstalling your OS. It really is the only way to ensure you're not giving up speed and functionality to a product you no longer use.
ProsOnline security is at the forefront of business concerns these days, and I start by saying that as a Business Manager, I have been exposed to alot of Norton products over the years. They do maintain the leader board on products for thwarting hijacks, viruses, network protection and the other major concerns most prevalent. Having used a number of products over the years, as I am sure you also have, the concerns I have with their products really are not so much about the products themselves as much as their burden on the systems that actually use their products. I believe because they are so closely attached to many major corporations that developing products for small business is not worth their time. With that said, you can see my "cons" statement.
ConsDue to the nature of the major retail franchise I was with that was partnered with Norton, I won't disclose how often I had Norton issues, and quite honestly I believe the burden of some of their product development is the over-burden their major security products puts on the actual computer systems of a business network. It is true, their security evaluates in real-time, and you will, therefore, experience some "lag"; however, the more products you have on ANY system will have this issue. That said, working with the franchise technical support over issues related to the heavy computer-processor burden of the Norton products, and the fact that they had to have special software to totally remove Norton products, in the event it ever needed to be uninstalled, makes it a bit worrisome on many fronts. In a day and age of hacks and leaks and fraudulent activity within major organizations, I honestly am not comfortable turning over the confidential security brains of my organization to a third-party in totality. Once you install Norton on a basic home computer or business system, you will not be able to totally uninstall their product. You can go through their uninstall process, you can call their Technical Support and let them walk you, you can then try to justify if your mind that it has been done, but chances are pretty good that there are at the very least, a bunch of little scatter-brained pieces lying around in your system hogging your processor speed and storage.
September 12, 2018
dishant s.
crowd sourcing
Computer Software, 11-50 employees
April 19, 2019

“Improved the security of our systems”

OverallWe have been using this software in our systems from the past two years. It is essential for any organization to keep its online assets secure and so we are also not an exception. Norton Security will take care of all your internet related activities and will try its best to keep your system secure from any hacking attempt. I will recommend it to others looking for their personal use or any professional purpose.
ProsNorton is the best security solution. It can effectively protect all your devices. Protecting online security and personal or professional data is a very crucial thing today. Whenever you're connected to the Internet, Norton will monitor all your activities in real-time and blocks or notifies about any potentially harmful activity happened. The virus definition of the Norton is updated regularly, and new threats and viruses are always added in it. Thus, making sure that your system gets the maximum security every time. The best thing that I loved about the Norton Security is their 100% virus protection guarantee. Whenever your system gets infected with a virus, you can directly get in touch with Norton's excellent customer support. You will be provided with the services of one of their expert, and the expert will assist you remotely in restoring your system to the safe state. If they failed to do so, you'd get your money back.
ConsNorton is an excellent virus protection system but, it is not as efficient is detecting the rootkits than its competitors like Malwarebytes. I have used many other antiviruses also but, Norton consumes much memory while performing a regular or a scheduled scan. Thus, making the system a lot slower while performing any other task alongside it.
April 19, 2019
YagneshKumar P.
Software Engineer
Hospitality, 51-200 employees
May 9, 2018

“Best Security Suite Ever!!”

OverallUsing Norton Security Suite i have the feeling that my PC is always protected, Also any applications i download from the web it will run an initial scan of that application before the installation is triggered, if the application is not a genuine application it will not install. I fee like my money is well spent on Norton Security Suite which i have been using for years now. I encourage users to use the software.
ProsNorton Security Suite is one of the best security software in terms of protecting again attacks such as; malware, spyware, Trojans, and etc. Some of the features that i use day to day are; Performance Scan, which deleted registry items that not being used or old, deletes all browsing history for all browsers with one click, Backups-- I schedule monthly backups into norton's cloud storage, then there is frequent scans that Norton Security Suites starts automatically. The RAM space uses a lot for some reason with these security software. The Updates running automatically in the background with the need for me to actually open the software and click the update button physically. For The price of the software i am getting tons of features at my disposal to use.
ConsThe RAM space that Norton Security Suite uses i feel like most of the time my comp is running a little slower, such as opening applications and closing applications i see a lag, it is due to the fact that the Norton Security Suite is running in the back ground, but the slowness is just for a few minutes, which it could be that the updates are running in the background.
May 9, 2018
Hanah S.
Freelance Writer
September 27, 2018

“Very Good Security Software ”

OverallOverall, I love it. Like I said before I have tried other ones and to me this one does the best job. It tells me to the point what's currently going on with my CPU and it does it's job. I have had this for years, so most likely I won't change to another one.
ProsThe user interface and program to me is the best one out there. I have tried many other security software programs and this one works for me. I have tried to download another similar one and I used to have loads of issues with it. I kept having downloading issues as well with another similar software, but this one works smooth for me. I love how Norton Security always updates. One time a long time ago I had a virus and it caught it. This software caught it and helped me figure out where it was. It sent a automatic update and even told me the file. It told me the file area or a similar area where the file was located. Also, the customer service is better than most. They try there best to resolve an issue. I feel like when you talk to them they help. I also like how there are performance updates constantly.
ConsI disliked the home screen area option. I mean it's not horrible, but I wish there were more detail explanations on that area. You have to click around or click the option buttons to see what is exactly going on with your CPU. I mean it does get the job done, but it would be cool if there were detail areas on it. (So, you wouldn't have to search around everywhere on the main area) Not a big deal, but yea.
September 27, 2018
Joseph P.
LCPC-c
Mental Health Care, Self-employed
September 7, 2018

“Security vs Antivirus?”

OverallIt is an average to good piece of software for a small business. Although it can get expensive if you have too many devices.
ProsNorton security is an internet security software for businesses and private users. It is produced by Symantec which is considered one of the leaders in global cyber security. Some get confused what Norton Security is versus Norton Antivirus. Norton security is an internet suite that includes an antivirus, firewall, email filter, toolbar etc. If a business already has security software then one may not need Norton Security. On the other hand if your business computers don't have any internet security software then it would be highly recommended to have one, even Norton Security. The other part of Norton Security is that it is subscription based. You can purchase a yearly subscription from their website or places like Amazon. The cost for a yearly subscription via Symantec's website can sometimes be way too high, but I notice it fluctuates. If you buy a subscription off of Amazon, it can be cheaper at times. The next part of Norton Security is the quantity of computers you can put it on. Each subscription gives a limit of how many computers it can be on. Example would be 1 yr subscription on 5 devices or 1 yr subscription for 10 devices. Each has its own price tag so you have to consider if it is right for you.
ConsThe cost from Symantec's website can be too expensive at times.
September 7, 2018
Manish S.
Software Tester
Information Technology and Services, 10,001+ employees
December 9, 2018

“My lifetime anti virus software”

OverallNorton Security is the best anti virus application. It has many important features which are really good like password manager, real time internet protection, quarantine asking.
ProsI am using Norton Security antivirus since I bought my 1st PC i.e 2007 till then I am using this software. 1) Usually we found anti virus application quite bulky and hangs the PC. This application never hanged my PC . I checked in the task manager many times its RAM consumption is very optimum like I have used few other application also bit my PC started slowing down. 2) It automatically runs full system scan in a week in background hence user is always free from the burden of running antivirus once in a week. 3) Supports features like real time browser/Internet security. 4) Automatic checks for virus from storage devices upon plugin in. 5) Best feature is that if it detected a virus then it will ask user to take a action this feature is best while installing cracks for various torrent files as mostly anti virus treats these crack files as virus and if it deletes them then whole torrent file becomes corrupted. 6) Another best feature is that it act like a wallet to store passwords, keys and other personal keys. We can open these keys from login in to there website hence even if our PC gets corrupted we can still access them.
ConsNo cons I found in this application. I have been using this application since 2007.
December 9, 2018
Jeff E.
Software Application Specialist
Mechanical or Industrial Engineering, 51-200 employees
August 5, 2018

“Simple to Use, Runs Very Lightweight on Resources, and Does It's Job Well!”

OverallI've been using Symantec's security products for over 12 years, both as a business and consumer customer.
ProsI've been using Norton/Symantec Security products for over 12 years, and their products just keep getting better and better. Norton Security, particularly over the past 5 years or so, has really improved. It installs clean, quick, and easy, and requires very little CPU and RAM resources to do it's job. The default setting are well-optimized for novice users, yet it offers deeper setting and configuration for those that have an understanding of things like firewall settings, browser security, etc. The mobile version of the product is also exceptionally easy to use and effective! Some of us older people remember Norton's early days of having issues with CPU resource requirements and uninstalls. Those days are long gone, and Symantec / Norton's latest products are smooth, efficient, and solid! In independent comparison tests against competing products, Norton Security continue to be a leading performer. Spend the money and give Norton a try! You will not be disappointed, and your data and security are well worth the small investment!
ConsThe one and only thing that bothers me about this product, is the occasional pop-up ads for other Symantec products / additional features. These can be selected not to show again, but as a paying customer, I do not like to see any pop-up's related to up-selling.
August 5, 2018
Gary G.
chairman of board
Gambling & Casinos, 201-500 employees

“Comprehensive”

OverallI have been using the "Steve Norton" suite of security products since their first version. They not only have they comprehensively state-of-art upgraded, but they have anticipated attack types and never have missed an attack (and they have stopped many).
ProsAlways updating and anticipating next-generation attacks, this software has consistently protected both enterprise and personal computers. Moreover, as other security suites have come and gone (or been acquired and radically modified), Norton has remained consistent, strong, and improved.
ConsThe full suite is a tad pricey; and while it out performs any competitor, it still is expensive and at time blind-sides me with module pricing.
Osamah A.
Studen
Computer & Network Security, 5001-10,000 employees
September 9, 2019

“Say Good Bye to those pesky viruses!”

OverallSimply put, I wanted my PC to be virus-free, and Norton granted that to me! if you are suffering from viruses and online attacks do not hesitate to use Norton, it is not gonna let you down.
ProsThe ability to detect viruses does exist in every Antivirus software, but it differs from one software to another. Norton has a very solid and practical viruses detection, throughout my experience I have noticed that Noroton detects plenty of viruses in almost no time, even those pesky viruses that come in a shape of a new file created automatically every time you insert a flash memory, Norton does detect it and even delete it once and for all. Some Softwares have a very complicated interface that often intimidates the new users, However Norton's interface is very simple, comfortable and easy to use. Anyone can access all of the available features without facing any troubles one of the things that I like about Norton is that it allows you to move protection from one device to another, or even add new protection to your other device. You can also link your phone to Norton and easily detect its place if it ever gets lost!
ConsNorton uses a lot of the RAM, causing the other programs to run slower. Norton offers new users a one-month free trial, but once the month is concluded they will have to pay to proceed with the service. The fees to get premium is not hight itself, but considering that there are other Antivirus Softwares that provide some viruses protection for free, users tend to go for the free protection regardless of the quality.
Monday A.
Freelancer
November 20, 2018

“One of the best out there”

OverallNorton Security is one of the best security software in the industry and I personally recommend it to anyone who wants to secure their devices. It has helped me in many ways with securing my devices and still helping me.
ProsNorton Security is one of the best antivirus provider out there. Owing to the fact that it is owned by one of the biggest tech giant in the world its security protection is top notch. I started using Norton in 2011 both for system security and email security and on default it comes with Yahoo mail service. It saved me from many malware that was sent through email to me and also from malware and site which I entered sometimes when browsing. Norton Security should be rated number 1 when looking for any computer security software and their customer service is topnotch and respond to queries on time. I am still using Norton Security for my phone and PC because windows operating system do get infected with virus easily. Norton Security equally have many services that are beneficial and some I have not used though.
ConsNorton Security considering it to be best is equally quite expensive than other security software that I have seen and used. Their free trial does not allow you to use all their services except you are a premium subscriber and I think there is need for them to open full functionality for users to examine their software performance before purchase.
November 20, 2018
Jonathon J.
Home User
Government Administration, Self-employed
September 17, 2019

“Easy to user, tremendous customer service”

OverallHas captured or blocked numerous viruses/cyber attacks over the 10+ years I have used this company's antivirus/internet security products.
ProsI've rarely had any issues with the program, but whenever I have had an issue it only took one call to get it resolved. They will do what is necessary to make it right again.
ConsSome difficulty in getting through to customer service (length of time on hold) and, of course, the support staff have heavy accents that that make some of them difficult to understand. Also, still only monitors the 2 inbound and outbound ports for the old pop protocols - this should be updated for the more modern IMAP protocols.
Lauren K.
Automotive, 1-10 employees
May 5, 2019

“A must have for company protection”

OverallI have used this software for countless years! At home and work. Protecting my personal files and protecting my clients information as well! For the price and how many devices you can download it on, it's awesome!
ProsI don't even have to think about online safety. Norton offers not only the regular computer protection but also nice add on options for your toolbar and searching. Everything I do on my computer is completely secure. And that piece of mind is priceless!
ConsThere really aren't any negatives that I have honestly. While I love the security of the search bar they offer, the layout / scheme could be better. I'm comparing to Google if course but other than that there are no negatives I can think of! It's a great product!
May 5, 2019
Jason O.
Financial Advisor & Tax Consultant
Financial Services, 1-10 employees
May 3, 2019

“Great for Office security Needs”

ProsI really like the ease of use. The desktop app is very user friendly and easy for even non-techy people to use. There are several options for the depth of scans you want to perform and the app is regularly doing things in the background. I also like the ability to optimize your disk and do a file cleanup. Both of these options quickly clean out your computer of old files and programs that arent used or useful any more. This actually makes my computer faster on a regular basis. Hopefully I havent jinxed it now but I havent had any issues since I bought this software for my 5 office computers and tablet over 3 years ago.
ConsThe only thing I dont like about this soft ware is the amount of popups I get from the browser plug ins. I have installed the password vault and toolbar and while they have been keeping my browser/computer safe..I get Norton Security popups on every page I go to and sometimes they come up multiple times in a row. To be clear..these are not advertising or web page pop ups, these are Norton popups asking me if I want to install other Norton features or things like that. So the software does its job..just makes browsing annoying sometimes because I have to keep clicking to close the popups.
May 3, 2019
Dave V.
Internet, 1-10 employees
August 22, 2019

“Norton Security Is A Must Have For Businesses”

OverallI would say that any growing company needs to look at security for their devices and data and use the best possible software and systems that they can afford. Norton Security is affordable for small companies like ours and can be scaled up as you grow. Everyone in the company loves the tool.
ProsWe have a number of devices for our business and they are operated across many time zones and locations by our employees. Having a system that will keep our devices and data safe from hackers is essential to our business. Not only does Norton Security keep our devices and data safe it also gives our clients confidence that we are serious about the security of their data. In these days of so many systems being hacked and confidential information being leaked to the public, this is important. The support team from Norton Security has always been there for us over the years and we have not had one instance where any issues were not solved within a very reasonable time. That helps us to look good in the eyes of our clients.
ConsI have no negative comments about Norton Security, it does the job and does it well. They stay abreast and keep our company abreast on all the safeguards that are needed to avoid security breaches.
Jennifer A.
Property Manager
Real Estate, 501-1000 employees
January 31, 2019

“A way to keep your information SAFE from hackers”

OverallThe fear of someone getting ahold of your clients sensitive information is truly scary. Knowing that you have this program to back you up makes you rest easy. It is a very useful tool for our business.
ProsNorton security is a great, user friendly program that anyone can operate. It will keep your sensitive information safe from attacks and malware. I have been using this software for many years and this program is tried and true. I love that even if you forget to scan your computer, it does it for you. You also get to see reports of what it was able to find and protect you from. I really like the registry errors function, if your computer is lagging or running slow this will really help get it going again. I feel a lot safer when I use this on my computer. I also feel safer searching websites because I can see the "green" safety emblem on the top that shows me I'm being protected.
ConsI don't have any issues with this software. I have used the customer support, and they have been very helpful. One thing I did notice is that every once and a while for some reason I have to re enter the registration key... I'm not sure if this is a typical issue or if it is a normal function of the program.
January 31, 2019
Marketing and Advertising, Self-employed
December 12, 2018

“I've stuck with Norton for 5+ years because I find it easy to use and secure.”

OverallI've had it for about 7 years now. I started with a different version, but as they improved their service they upgraded their security software and gave it different names. I liked that for a while I didn't have to upgrade and was just able to put in the new key code to extend my subscription. But even when I had issues with an install, their customer service helped me through it. There products are available at a lot of stores, and I've been able to basically get it for free for these past few years by using my Amazon slow shipping credits.
ProsI love their Vault where they store your passwords. It allows me to sync it to other computers I use, too, if I let them store it in the cloud. Each year when I renew I generally don't have to install new software--I just provide the new product key code and I'm all set to go for another 365 days. Also, their Customer Support is great. I'm not too tech savvy, so I've let them take care of things by taking over my computer, and they're fast and efficient.
ConsTheir tool bar is not compliant with all the different browsers and all their different editions. Sometimes I upgrade a browser and lose the Norton tool bar. Other times I upgrade and it comes back. There's not place that I've found where I can find of list of which ones I can or can't use.
December 12, 2018
Margaret Ramsden R.
Senior Software Development Engineer
Consumer Electronics, 10,001+ employees
December 23, 2018

“Norton offers the most secured protection along with firewalls and endpoint security. ”

OverallAs a Software engineer, while browsing through different sites and downloading stuff and plugins , we always have to be sure about the security from the malicious malwares which are greatest threats these days due to their large harmful impacts on data and the gadgets used.
ProsNorton is an efficient tool when it comes to protection of the gadgets and the online security. It ensures the protection by 24/7 alerts. Whenever a malware or suspicious matter enters the system, it blocks them right away and asks the user for any possible actions to take. It also might remove the risky malwares as per the settings of the users. The firewall options from Norton enables the protection from any possible harm from the internet. It works more efficiently for Mac or iOS devices. It has versions for desktop as well as mobile usage.
ConsNorton has few comebacks which includes that during the virus scans it slows down the systems and makes other activities quite slow or not being able to work. Also when it alerts and erase the malware by itself, the system still shows error or the virus leaves its impacts corrupting certain files and folders. So in such case, we always have to do it manually to ensure utmost security.
December 23, 2018
Beverly A.
Freelance Writer
September 4, 2018

“Best Security Software”

OverallMy overall experience with Norton Security has been excellent. My desktop works great. When I surf online and I go to a particular location where there is trouble. Norton automatically notifies me that there is danger approaching. I need to exit that site and I do. Norton can identify a threat before it will ever get to your pc. It cleans up before it messes up your device. I feel so secure. This anti virus protection allows me to enjoy the internet without all the hassle. Anytime I purchase a new pc or laptop, I make sure I download Norton before I start surfing the net. Norton Security Anti virus protection software gives me a peace of mine.
ProsThis security software keeps me from having to worry about surfing on the internet or using my important information when I shop online. I know I am protected everywhere I go on the internet. It protects me from spyware, viruses, malware and online threats. Norton does routine cleaning so my laptop and my desktop runs smooth without any issues.
ConsThe cost should be a little more reasonable. Despite the free 30 day trial, many customers will choose to use the many choses of free anti virus protection software online. I myself get a package deal when I pay for Comcast/Xfinity services. It comes free because I chose Comcast as my internet provider.
September 4, 2018
Bella M.
Intern
Internet, 11-50 employees
August 20, 2018

“Best Pick For Security Protection”

OverallIt adds a great sense of security, knowing that our files and devices are safe from malware or cyber attacks that could be costly to our business and/or personal lives.
ProsNorton Security is not only a software that I've used in the workplace, but currently use in my home. I like the various options I can choose from depending on the level of security protection I'm looking for and I can also choose from a monthly or annual subscription. It provides me with comprehensive protection around the clock, blocking potential web attacks and informing me of those attacks right when they occur, allows me to generate passwords to make online accounts more secure, and also optimizes our computers to ensure high performance and making them less susceptible to malware and cyber attacks. I also find the interface very user-friendly and enjoy that I can receive protection on multiple devices just by downloading the app or software and submitting my credentials.
ConsThe search engine from Norton Security Toolbar could be improved because sometimes it prevented me from going on websites that I knew were safe so I had to uninstall that feature.
August 20, 2018
Joel B.
Technology Consultant
51-200 employees
June 23, 2018

“The king of security software”

ProsFrom start to finish, Norton Security has it all and does it all. The installer is small and easy to use. You're not having to downloads hundreds of megabytes worth of files just to get this app installed. It's small and light and doesn't hog computer resources (it did a long time ago, but that was fixed ages ago). It runs quietly in the background and does its job without annoying you to death with prompts. I like that you can turn on silent mode when you want to play games or do other things that may cause issues with the app. Norton has been adding functionality to their suite and I appreciate them beginning to add identity protection. I like that I can buy it once and have it run on multiple home computers.
ConsThere is no way to permanently disable the ads that come up periodically. I would say maybe once a week or two I will have a small announcement at the bottom right of my screen about a new threat or a new product that is available. I don't want the marketing and I don't want to know about the threats, but I don't know how to disable that permanently. I wish I had the option to do that.
June 23, 2018
John M.
Financial Services, 1-10 employees
August 1, 2019

“Norton Symantec is great - but it comes at a cost! ”

OverallGreat. Loved dealing with the Symantec team in South Africa. Really helpful and knowledgeable about the product.
ProsInstantly you feel more secure when you see the Norton Symantec logo. Love the EV (Extended Validation) feature (apart from the cost). Love the fact that it's authenticated against Companies House, and Dun and Bradstreet = before they issue your EV cert. Call me vain, but i love the fact that EV allows you to display your company name in the URL bar.
ConsIt's a bit complicated to set up, but given the nature of the product - that's to be expected. I think it is slightly over-priced when compared to free of charge Open Certs. The fact that you have to pay (the same again) for every sub-domain is a bit hefty (but i understand why).
August 1, 2019
David O.
Computer Networking, 1-10 employees
July 25, 2019

“Good but maybe too strict”

OverallI believe it is well updated and a very sturdy companion to have while on the Internet, but it perhaps tries to do too much.
ProsIt seemed to filter all the bad things you install antivirus for. Straight forward install and updates.
ConsIt seemed to me you have to customize too many features to make you Internet life usable. Tell it not to block this and that. If you open too much up just to make your system usable, what is the point of having antivirus software.
July 25, 2019
Kyle L.
Apparel & Fashion, Self-employed
May 22, 2019

“Best Security Software Available!”

OverallI've been using Norton for my security software for years. It's always the very first thing that I purchase when I get a new laptop or computer because staying safe is as important as it gets.
ProsThe best thing is that it monitors all activity on my device. It makes me aware of any and all possible issues and helps me steer clear from dangerous websites, emails, and even downloads. I really like that it gives me immediate pop ups whenever I'm heading into anything that could potentially pose a threat to my identity or accounts. In our world where everything is done online, it really pays to be as safe as we possibly can. Internet crime is at an all-time high and we cannot be vigilant enough to keep our information protected. I haven't found a software that I trust more than Norton!
ConsIt is a little more costly than other security software, but it is well worth the extra. To me, when it comes to my personal security and safety, there's no price that's too high. Nobody wants to face identity theft or the dozens of other hassles that we're open to on the internet these days. It just pays to keep ourselves covered and protected.
Peter G.
Owner/Manager
Fishery, 1-10 employees
March 19, 2019

“Peace of Mind”

ProsI like that Norton Security is always one step ahead of my business making sure that we are not receiving any suspicious files that we should not be to our devices. Being on the move and connecting to a multitude of wifi networks makes uncertainty of a malicious attack a constant thought. We had an option between virus and malware scan software platforms and chose Norton Security for its years of having a great track record for protecting devices for small businesses. I did not realize how hard this software works behind the scenes of my day to day operation until i saw the results the first computer scan that the software completed and saw how many infected files there were. From there on I knew I was working with a program that was there to protect my company.
ConsThe one thing that I do not like about this software is when It will sometimes interrupt what I am doing with a pop up from the system try with a notice to reboot. I do wish that updating would happen without my knowing and would occur when I was not being demanding on the cpu and wifi bandwidth at the time.
March 19, 2019
Information Technology and Services, 51-200 employees
October 12, 2018

“Amazing Security Suit for My PC!!”

OverallIt's a better professional security suite, in working areas and home and also it 's very high and well-defined software.i will be scanned me most of the times from it and my problems will be prevented.overall it's best one for protection.
ProsNorton is the better software solution to my Pc because I have already used lots of another Softwares for Security but They had lots of Problems instead that. There are better user-experience and it has eye-catching and very user-friendly Interface rather than others. Norton always gives me real-time updates so that It will be caught Viruses and getting pc with Speed. Download and Installation process is also very Easy.If there are problems you can contact Norton Customer Service and get further information through that, therefore your problems will be soloved.
ConsIt has problems with purchasing.thing is, a cost is a little bit expensive for customers because a lot of people are always searching free software solution or low-cost ones. sometimes it will prevent some websites without searching whether it is good or bad not most of the times just only minor times.otherwise it's the best software solutuion to PC
October 12, 2018
Chavonda G.
Real Estate Broker
Entertainment, 1-10 employees

“norton”

OverallNorton software was ok but for the money, it was not worth it for me and the only way I used it as if it was offered for free on my computer then once subscription ended it became annoying and interfering with my computer's startup with pop-ups so eventually I deleted it altogether
Prosreally did not like using this software because my service provider offered it but it was installed on my computer so I had to use it
Consthis was annoying to me especially every time I turned on my computer it would always pop up a window and it seems to slow down my computer as well.
Marketing and Advertising, 51-200 employees
September 26, 2019

“No worries online”

OverallIt's been a great software that keeps things running smoothly. I've never had a problem with it and it's never fallen short of what it's supposed to be doing.
ProsWith Norton Security installed, I'm always at ease. I never have to worry about suspicious or malignant files. We have to travel a lot, which means we connect to a lot of strange networks that we can't necessarily trust. We would be exposed to a lot of nasty stuff out there, but with Norton we've never had a problem, or even a worry about that sort of thing. Norton has a great track record and they've been around for years, which puts them ahead of all that malicious spyware and malware out there. The software has a lot going on behind the scenes to keep things running smoothly, and even with that, I've never had a problem with updates slowing my computer down or being distracting.
ConsI don't have any complaints. Honestly, most of the time I forget I even have it installed. It doesn't interrupt and it doesn't slow me down. It just does its job quietly in the background and keeps ,y computer and network safe.
September 26, 2019
Internet, 1001-5000 employees
May 22, 2019

“Safe, reliable Anti Virus”

OverallIts well worth the price. I have had very little issues with it on my Windows PC. It runs smoothly, has excellent detection rates and can run scans very efficiently. Not a lot to dislike. I have renewed the subscription in the past and plan on doing so again. Would happily recommend it to anyone who is in need of PC security.
ProsI have been using Norton for a few years now and it has improved dramatically over the years. One of the biggest improvements has been how well optimized Norton has become over time. It can run very smoothly in the background and not impact the performance of your computer in any noticeable way. It also has really good detection rates. In all the while I used it, I dont think it missed a single malicious item. It is also updated frequently. It runs pretty silently and you will only hear from it (get a notification) if it is absolutely important. Most of the times you wont even know its there, which is how a good anti virus should function. Lastly, scans are easy to set up and fast to execute.
ConsNot a fan of the mobile version of this. Perhaps that is just my phone but I had some issues with it. I dont really think you need mobile anti virus anyway so its not a big deal but the mobile version isnt as polished as the desktop version.
LES V.
Principal Consultant
Management Consulting, 1-10 employees
August 22, 2019

“PC profilactics don't all work”

OverallOverall it has been able to stay up to date with cyber attacks and viruses that other companies have been hit by. I haven't had any of those problems, and it continues to find issues that would definitely create a problem to my business.
ProsIt works. I have had no business continuity issues or downtime due to cyber attacks or viruses whilst using the Norton Security software.
ConsIt can be a little too "set and forget", which can take the currency of the service away from time to time.
Tommy G.
Computer Engineering
Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 51-200 employees
July 20, 2019

“Norton Security has been my go to computer security for 7 years”

ProsThe software is very user friendly as you don't need much knowledge in order to use this product, a simple interface welcomes the product even more. Computer security has always been a optional choice for when one is surfing the web at home, but when it comes to a professional organization, one cannot be picky about data that can be breach due to no protection against hackers and viruses. A simple quick scan can help you determine what it is that your current computer needs fixing. The price is definitely worth the product, with just a 20$ difference, many additional benefits are added onto your existing plan. Overall my experience with Norton's product has been way more than satisfactory.
ConsThis software is very well worth the price, there's little to nothing I can say just that since companies like to save as much money as possible, one would like to receive some sort of discount when buying the product in huge quantities, otherwise the product is definitely a well worth investment.
July 20, 2019
Nadia H.
Admin
June 14, 2017

“Very Easy to use”

ProsNorton is a great product.....I received my Norton Disk online from Walmart....I found out that nothing is perfect.....The disk had a defect in it......Returned it to Walmart and they gave me a gift card for another one......Walmart will stand behind you if anything is not right.....I will continue using Norton products. This Norton Security has a lot of power and covers the bases pretty well in guarding against malware of various kinds, but it can be complex to set up and configure.
ConsIt also has one disturbing feature: When I put my computer in hibernation while I go to bed, I now and then find it running again when I return to the computer after a night s sleep. Doing a search on all files over the past day when this happens, I find sometimes that my computer was brought out of hibernation and back into operation less than an hour after I put it to sleep. So I ve resorted to switching off the power supply after the computer is fully hibernated to prevent an early awakening and waste of power while I m sleeping
June 14, 2017
Butch B.
Sr. Program Mgr.
Building Materials, 1-10 employees
October 11, 2019

“Solid security suite”

OverallNorton provides solid security behind the scenes and unlike others, doesn't unnecessarily slow down our computers. Software stays up to date without any prompting and the protection is robust.
ProsAutomatic updates happen seamlessly, keeping out computers up to date and safe. Interface is easy to navigate.
ConsIt keeps pushing other programs in the suite, such as the web browser security, even when we don't want it. Can be bothersome after we tell it no a couple of times.
October 11, 2019
Crayle V.
Digital Marketer
Marketing and Advertising, Self-employed
October 3, 2019

“Best quality, but expensive”

OverallOne this is installed, I don't constantly get asked about stuff to allow or not allow, like with McAfee. It seems to be able to tell more on its own what is and isn't a potential threat.
ProsThis seems to last the longest without needing to maintain it compared to a lot of other security programs.
ConsThis is more expensive than a lot of other protection software that still works pretty well, with basically the main benefit being less reminders and pushes to always be re-upping.
Channel H.
Business Owner
Retail, 1-10 employees
September 5, 2019

“Keeps Our Computers Safe”

OverallOverall I think it's really good security software but I do hope they improve on there customer support in the future.
ProsAccurate, lightweight, fast and flexible, there's a lot to like about Norton Security. I've had norton for years and so far haven't had any issues with virus
Conswhen it comes to contacting support I had to wait about 40 minutes before I could reach a tech. There should be an easier way to get in contact with support
September 5, 2019
Religious Institutions, 11-50 employees
September 13, 2018

“Great Security”

OverallBoth at work and at home, I am confident that I am protected. When protection is discontinued for any reason, Norton lets me know so I can reset. This does not happen at work but it does happen at home when I don't use the computer for a while and the power maybe goes off. But when I restart, I get the warning and I go quickly and have it scan and "fix". Very easy to click a button and leave the work to Norton.
ProsI appreciate Norton Security because it stays up to date with no worries. I have this service at work and at home and I know it is because I am offered this at no charge as part of my cable service, but I would buy it over other products when I had to purchase myself. It protects everything in one program.
ConsI honestly don't have anything about this software I don't like but I guess the pop up messages about the same "warning" are a little irritating. It would be nice if there was a way to set it up to not give that particular warning repeatedly once it has made me aware. I can clear the notifications but cannot stop it repeating the message several times a day.
September 13, 2018
Doriangel M.
Analista de la Unidad Casos de Salud
July 3, 2018

“Norton Security, is a software of tradition that you must use in your personal or work computer”

OverallAlthough Norton Security is a company with a long tradition in the antivirus market, it must be admitted that it has problems to deal with in order to be an antivirus of great quality, however, it could recommend it for those people who will use it in their homes, it has a good performance and an acceptable price for what it offers.
ProsThe positive of this software is that it defends the computer from viruses, worms and buts without reducing the operation of the computer, an element that in previous editions of the software was a headache since it slowed down the PC. It also offers detailed reports of malicious files or software to which it is intended to install, allowing to do the most important work, which is the prevention of infection
ConsThe negative points that I have been able to observe of this software is that, to exist a firewall or to defend of windows, Norton Security does not work of the best way, avoiding some analyzes of interest or simply stopping its fucnionamiento. Added to this has a pathetic operation to eliminate spyware.
July 3, 2018
Leola S.
1001-5000 employees
June 15, 2018

“Great AntiVirus ”

OverallThe main problem I solved with Norton is security and virus protection as well as protection from infected websites.
ProsThis product is easy to use, automatically updates all the antivirus protection, alerts me when there are problems and provides an easy way to solve the problem. This product has a reasonable price, so I have an automatic renewal every year so that I never run out of protection, norton is constantly looking for threats to my computer, including new types of threats. I do not have to worry about my computer being vulnerable to attack, norton allows full system scans that remove software that slows down your computer with unnecessary or unwanted software.
ConsThe negative facet of Norton is its size, it occupies many resources of the laptop to try to do its job. In addition, Norton advises the user to delete all cookies and identifies them as a low risk threat. For the uninformed user this can be seen as something frightening, especially because the collection of cookies is very common.
June 15, 2018
Tommy F.
Retail, 11-50 employees
October 2, 2019

“Longtime User and highly suggest to use it !”

OverallIt's been great and i've used the companies software for many years no real problems ever.
ProsIt's super easy to understand how to set it up and how to use it and it offers a lot of benefits to the user. if you need protection Norton is my go to and I would suggest it for the price and features and the ease of use it provides it's customers !
ConsI have no really bad things to say it functions as it should maybe faster download times
October 2, 2019
Elyse B.
Assistant Manager
Education Management, 51-200 employees
September 9, 2019

“The industry standard for a reason”

OverallIf you're looking for web security with low- to no-maintenance, Norton is the one for you. And who knows--it probably is worth the hefty price tag! I'm grateful to be able to use my computer without fear that something terrible is happening on the other end.
ProsLook, I'm not a tech person. When I'm shopping for software, I'm looking for ease of use, not customizability. This is why Norton Antivirus was exactly what I need: a solution for work that would be simple to install and brainless to manage. With Norton, I never worry that my information or identity is at risk. It's been around for so long that the brand is pretty much synonymous with web security.
ConsThe only real complaint I have about Norton is that it's getting pricey. I've also used AVG, and I don't know that Norton is providing more service for the price. But, like I said, I'm not exactly a tech person, and so there could be lots of things happening on the back end that I don't know about. I'm willing to trust the industry on this one.
Pedro Yago A.
Psychologist
Human Resources, Self-employed
July 17, 2019

“Adds a great deal of protection to your computer or laptop, for a fair price.”

ProsThis software is able to identify and intervene almost all threats to your digital security with impressive speed.
ConsIt's protection is so good, that it identify some needed things as threats, since they leave a gap in your digital safety. For exemple, some anti-hack softwares needed to play some videogames are identified as threats since they have access to your personal data in order to check for hacking activities. As such, to play those games, you have to whitelist the program manually.
July 17, 2019
Hermione H.
Assistant Branch Manager
Retail, 10,001+ employees
January 12, 2019

“Norton is an efficient security tool for malwares and viruses.”

OverallThis tool is our basic anti-virus software for our desktop computers or laptops in our company. Due to long-term usage and efficient service, it has earned its place within our organization.
ProsNorton Security is one of our prior choices for securing our desktops from malwares and bugs . The online security from phishing sites or any kind of harmful viruses for my desktop is being alerted and removed by this software. It basically alerts the user for any possible virus and either depletes them itself or take actions as per according to our settings. It also includes a firewall and parental control features to restrict leisure usages. It works very well on mobile devices as well.
ConsNorton is quite efficient in controlling or fixing bugs but quite often some viruses or malwares still infects the system although Norton has already blocked them or remove them. This one situation doubts the working of Norton Security. Otherwise , it's a quite brilliant tool for the security of the computers.
January 12, 2019