Paperwise Ratings

Overall
4.3/5
4.2/5
4.4/5

About Paperwise

We are a software company. We are creators, designers and engineers. We're all of those. But we're also just people. We get frustrated by technology like everyone else. Where some people throw their computers when frustrated, we take it out on our keyboards. When we get frustrated with tech, we FIX it. We build solutions for those irritating, everyday frustrations. We build software that's powered by your ideas and your needs. Because software only works the way you do. Learn more about Paperwise

Ryan S.
Senior Systems Analyst
Chemicals, 10,001+ employees
July 29, 2019

“Great utility to reduce clutter & papers in an easy to find repository!”

OverallSince the initial installation/proof of concept at our site, we have increased the business areas who have benefitted from virtual file cabinets. As we are struggling to find physical office space for new hires, is it great to be a part of reclaiming 'real estate' by providing a virtual location in which the old records can be moved to provide more space for employees- without sacrificing the information or details in the records.
ProsI like the ease of input and retrieval. The software allows multiple formats for inputting files and records. I love the ability to redact/modify and place noted on top of documents with 'pane of glass' technology. The ability to recall the different versions is a great feature.
ConsThe fact that the full text search is a different application. I miss the full text search function from within Query. It would be nice if SendTo and ImageWise could be merged into a single title. Select the source, choose to send it to PaperWise and then determine if it is a tiff/pdf or the native file format.
July 29, 2019
Gabriel D.
Finance
Consumer Goods, 10,001+ employees
December 26, 2018

“Next Gen Document Management ”

OverallThe main selling point for us was organization. It allows user to file away documents without leaving the desk. Everyone seems to be emailing documents these days, so it's easy to save the attachment and upload it to Paperwise. It's a no-brainer.
ProsStoring all of our paper files into a digital locker has completely changed our work environment. Productivity is through the roof and everything is organized and easy to find. All-in-all this is a must have for any office. Being able to organize documents based on department (accounting, order entry, contracts, etc) allows us to stay organized without giving it a thought. If you're still keeping boxes of paper files around, you really need to consider this.
ConsLike with any software there are occasionally some technical difficulties. Files may not "print" into the cabinet properly, or the program may crash randomly.
December 26, 2018
Jason L.
IT Technician
Machinery, 201-500 employees
June 12, 2018

“Paperwise has proven to be one of the most stable software packages we have deployed yet.”

OverallWe have a seamless document management workflow and automatic fax ingestion that would otherwise require a larger staff base and much more complicated components.
ProsThe Paperwise backend works with little to no maintenance, to the point that we almost forget it's there! The client applications can be adapted to any workflow changes that we need, and are very easily customized and integrated with other systems at play. Their support has been the best we've been in contact with for any software vendor, both in response time and quality.
ConsThe client softwares sometimes need some tweaking to get working just right, but this is easily mitigated by the responsiveness of Paperwise support staff, who always gets us back on the road within hours, if not minutes.
Cynthia S.
Pricing & Profitability Mgr
Consumer Goods, 51-200 employees
August 13, 2019

“PAPERWISE ”

OverallSaves on storage space, someone not filing correctly, or losing a document. Once the documents are hear we have it set that you cannot delete... if it is deleted it is still in a queue that can be recovered. Once you have it and you look back and think, how did I ever work without it.
ProsI like that everything is at my fingertips. I can create as many 'electronic' file cabinets as I need to keep organized and able to view, print, fax, email directly from paperwise.
ConsI don't have any cons, but if there is one, I would say when our company allows the system does updates (Microsoft) I must always get my system updated by IT because it does not open. -
August 13, 2019
David W.
CIO / VP of IT
August 5, 2019

“Images are the backbone of our business”

OverallAll of our BOL (bill of laden) images (about 7000 per day) are scanned into Paperwise from over 70 locations and then pushed to our off shore data entry personnel. Our proof of delivery receipts (DRs) (about 7000 per day) are scanned into Paperwise. Our paper invoices run through a Paperwise process that merges backup documentation (BOLs and DRs with the print stream allowing our invoices to contain the Paperwise images. We are in the process of implementing the Paperwise App that will allow our drivers to take pictures of the BOLs and DRs instead of the terminals scanning them. This will greatly increase the efficiency of our document handling.
ProsEase of use. Great support. Does the job we ask of it.
ConsThere no cons that I can think of at this point in time.
Rita B.
Accounting, 1-10 employees
September 15, 2019

“Paperwise Software and Support”

OverallI have always had a great experience with Paperwise, their support team is awesome (which I have only had to use on a few occasions). The staff has worked with me to tailor my software options to fit my business.
ProsThe software is easy to learn and user friendly. It's versatile and the program has been such a help with document storage and organization.
ConsThe original software I had was quite expensive for my small business.
September 15, 2019
June 18, 2018

“Easy to use ! Great and FAST customer service!”

OverallI have customers tickets that I can see what they have purchased in the past and help them if they want to repurchase from that same line. I can help them find out if they have purchased an extended warranty and help them with warranty's by looking up there tickets. I can send copy's of tickets to customers with this software as well as print copy's.
ProsI can find a customers ticket so fast and I don't even need to have the full first or last name. I can scan and easily look up old tickets to help customers find previous purchases.
ConsWhen it restarts it self and I have to get the proxy and all that info to get back on ,but it is rare that it happens.
Rob A.
CIO
Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 51-200 employees
June 12, 2018

“Paperwise has been a great addition that helped us optimize workflow for billing”

Overallallowed us to control our billing process that is dependent on plenty of paper work. We have extended to other business scenarios as well.
ProsExisting connections into our TMS and the ability to adjust queues to fit our needs. The ability to write custom integrations and out of the box web site accessibility. Performance is quite good, support staff are excellent.
ConsBetter integration into web apps. Initially they needed to write scripts for us in IE and no other browser. That was a while ago so perhaps this has been addressed. While their integrations are above average, more plug and play API's would be nice.
Marc A.
Financial Manager / IT Manager /IA
Hospitality, 201-500 employees
June 6, 2018

“Good document mngt software and support and more”

OverallDigital filing. Linked to our PMS which gives the users so much convenience instead of getting going to the filing room and looking for a file. Now it is just a click of a button from within the PMS (linked) to pull up records from the account you are viewing. Timesaver
ProsLinked seamless with our PMS. Fast response when support is needed. Always innovating to integrate new ideas and moving trends
ConsThere is not much I can say what I like the least about this software. It disconnects maybe once a quarter, but in less than 10 minutes it's back up again but part is server issue and that's it. Doesn't happen often.
June 6, 2018
CHAD T.
IT Operations Analyst Supervisor
Insurance, 501-1000 employees
June 13, 2018

“Generally we have had good experience with PaperWise. It has solved many of our workflow problems.”

OverallGreatly enhanced workflow. Much more efficient document management. Flexible customization and configuration to meet our specific needs and goals.
ProsEasy to use, logical and efficient workflows. The system has been configured and customized to solve a lot of our unique business needs. The engineering team at PaperWise has done a great job working with us to meet those needs.
ConsThe system can be a little slow to respond to commands. I understand that this is likely a function of the volume of documents that we are storing, as well as our network infrastructure.
Jason H.
IT Director
February 20, 2018

“Satisfied, but feel the product is due for a refresh.”

ProsFlexibility to customize the product in order to adapt to our business needs has been the biggest value.
ConsWhile the product has been flexible, it has gotten a little long in the tooth. I believe this is being address starting this year. Inability to integrate Paperwise (6.x) using our preferred development practices and methods. Lack of API's, software dependencies, or .NET limitations complicate integrations. Licensing structure not conducive to custom development.
February 20, 2018
Angela K.
MIS Manager
Textiles, 201-500 employees
June 12, 2018

“Paperwise is an excellent choice for paperless document storage.”

OverallIt is so easy to find data... no matter how old. I wish all of our documents were stored in Paperwise. I had to go to a file cabinet recently for something that is not stored in Paperwise & it was a pain... AND I didn't find the document.
ProsI like the ease of use most. Storing docs, retrieving information is all simple once the initial setup is done.
ConsOur company has been growing so I need to keep buying licenses. We are going to try the web version & I have great hopes that it will solve our growing pains.
Marc A.
Financial Manager / IA / MIS
Hospitality, 201-500 employees
February 10, 2017

“Great Document Software”

OverallProgram is great, support is always at your fingertips with great response. Upon acquiring the software, there was a great team that helped implement it and give our staff the training needed. All was prepared remotely before and after the go live date, they had personnel on site to support and assist the staff. It links with our PMS software making it easy to stay in one place to retrieve all the electronic documents in the system.
ProsEase of use, good options for categorizing the filing, and support.
Recommendations to other buyersReview your licenses that you need and that are going to be used.
February 10, 2017
Linda H.
HR Clerk
Human Resources, 51-200 employees
February 16, 2018

“Great software with quick access to support with professional technicians.”

OverallIt is Microsoft based and is compatible to my HR data entry software. We are now a paperless company and it saves having to print, file, and physically maintain records. The ability to press the search button and all the employee files are at on my screen in seconds. It saves time, streamlines my process of onboarding employees, and securely storing their documents.
ProsI love it is user friendly, easy to maneuver around, and Microsoft based so it is compatible with my software.
ConsIt has a few error messages that come up every once in awhile, but even that is easy to resolve. The integration toolbar freezes up on disappears from the desktop.
June 18, 2018

“Revolutionized our agency workflows”

OverallImproved workflows and customer management.
ProsPaperWise integrated into our agency management system and allowed us to easily add and manage customer documents. Support is always responsive and knowledgeable.
ConsDocument/PDF editing tools are limited and a little "buggy". Integration is somewhat limited and links to customers can be "broken" when client name is updated.
Jenny S.
VP of Operations
Computer Software, 1-10 employees
June 15, 2018

“Paperwise is a great product ”

ProsEase of use, Easy to setup new file cabinets. Easy to find documents. Best thing is to get rid of so many paper files.
ConsSupport contract does not include phone support for moving data to new server. Every other software that we have phone support contracts with includes phone / web support with moving the date / program to a new server or workstation.
Steven W.
Software Development Manager
June 12, 2018

“PaperWise overall is a good product for us.”

ProsThe ability to customize the software and add business specific integration into scanning, indexing and viewing documents makes this the perfect tool for our company.
ConsThe install can be cumbersome to do and causes more help desk issues than anticipated. However, whenever PaperWise support is needed they are quick to respond and get the resolution.
Chris R.
Programmer / Analyst III
Automotive, 5001-10,000 employees
December 8, 2016

“PaperWise is a great solution!”

OverallWe had a small PaperWise installation prior to my being involved. As a Corporate I/T resource I was brought in to manage PaperWise as we expanded to a broader audience. The PaperWise Team is always responsive to our needs and customizes the system to our unique needs. I highly recommend PaperWise for any business that requires electronic document storage and workflow processes!
ProsFlexibility, ease of use, customizable.
ConsLimited to SQL Server for database back end.
December 8, 2016
Gary B.
IT Systems Architect
Warehousing, 201-500 employees
September 17, 2018

“Good for a virtual file cabinet”

OverallWe store all of our order documents from quote to shipping in Paperwise.
ProsEasy to store documents and recall them with ease. Access to their API's allows for custom integration with in house ie: custom products.
ConsHas not received a face lift in years, still looks like a Windows 98 app. Can be a little slow across WAN networks.
Julie D.
Account Manager
Insurance, 1001-5000 employees
July 9, 2018

“Great, love the fact that you can drag and drop documents in specific activities.”

OverallWhat benefits me in having this software is the fact that your duties can be done quick and accurate. Saves a lot of time on busy days.
ProsI like the fact that you can drag and drop documents in specific activities. You can see all or most options on your desk top for quick and easy to use tool.
ConsSometimes take a little longer to make sure the docs have been attached. Sometimes there are situations that one broker attached a file and when you want to pull it up you cant see it. So you have to restart the cycle
July 9, 2018
Vince V.
Dirtector of IT
June 13, 2018

“It a rock solid product and very easy to use. ”

ProsThe product is very stable and robust. Very little support call and flexible to use. It's also integrates into our other system with make the usability even better.
ConsCan get a little pricey, Even though the protect is very flexible all custom add ons are separate projects and the billable hours can add up quickly
June 14, 2018

“It makes insurance work for you.”

OverallWith Paperwise you gain access to a team of staff that have the knowledge and experience to resolve any issues that you encounter. You not only get a program but you get piece of mind which in today's fast paced business really helps put you ahead of the competitor.
ProsSupport was easy to reach in case of any issues which did arise. Easy to manage user access and accounts from the admin side.
ConsThe user interface could use a refresh. The layout seems a bit cluttered with where to find everything.
Rita B.
Accounting, 1-10 employees
June 12, 2018

“I have been using Paperwise for several years ... great training and support.”

OverallOnline safe storage of data files.
ProsI like the fact I can organize my files how ever I want them within the software and easy access to the files helps tremendously. It's very versatile.
ConsFor my small business, the cost is always a concern. But the offsite storage will likely pay for itself.
Dave L.
CSR
Financial Services, 51-200 employees
June 14, 2018

“Great document management system for all our departments!”

OverallIncreased workflow proficiencies.
ProsEasy to use. The transition from Training to everyday use was a snap! The integration we set-up is very intuitive for our teams.
ConsWould like more workflow functionality, but I believe they have a new solution coming out to address this - rhooster!
June 12, 2018

“We have used Paperwise for many years. All of our invoice images are captured out there.”

OverallWe feel it is an excellent product for the cost.
ProsWe are able to give customers access to images of their own invoices. The interfaces allow us to easily customize.
ConsThere have been numerous enhancements to the software and unfortunately we have not had the resources to explore and utilize.
Lonna P.
Commercial Lines Manager
June 12, 2018

“I like that I can move things around to fit what I need to see ”

ProsEverything is in one place when I open the activity I like that I can track where an invoice or check request goes - who touches it.
ConsErrors seem to come up regularly. Could be the way it works with our other programs but causes me to restart or call IT person to fix.
Marvin P.
IT Technician
Information Technology and Services, 201-500 employees
June 15, 2018

“pretty simple to use once installed, some installation difficulty with windows 10”

OverallSaving time is the biggest benefit of this software. However being an end user I'm only seeing that side of it. I can speculate that the other side makes their jobs easier too by not having to hunt down the paperwork and being able to find it all in once place.
ProsIt makes invoices easy to mange once you have everything set up. The set up can be lengthy, but this allows saving time later which adds up to quite a lot.
ConsCan be quite difficult and lengthy to install and set up but once its done it saves time later. Integration with the right click menu can be confusing at first but ends up being easier once you figure it out.
Matthew L.
System Administrator
Logistics and Supply Chain, 51-200 employees
August 12, 2019

“Longtime User and Admin”

ProsEase of use and customization. We built an internal and external web facing interface to deliver documents to customers.
ConsManagement Console takes a little bit to get used to .
monique c.
accounting
Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 11-50 employees
August 21, 2019

“USER FRIENDLY”

OverallWONDERFUL AND EFFICIENT
ProsThis software is extremely user friendly.
ConsI like every feature of this software, extremely efficient for daily use
August 21, 2019
Insurance, Unspecified
February 22, 2018

“Great ”

ProsIt's easy to use.. easy to navigate. There are so many things you can do right from the program. I love it!
February 22, 2018
11-50 employees
June 12, 2018

“Paperwise's technical support team are very personable and easy to work with!”

ProsWhenever we have an issue with Paperwise that isn't fixed by common troubleshooting steps, the Paperwise technical support team are always readily available to help and work with us on any issues. Their support team is easy to work with and assist with technical issues in a timely manner.
ConsSometimes the software will throw errors and will require some troubleshooting. Most of these errors are easily resolved by repairing/reinstalling the software which only takes about 5 minutes or so.
Fabian M.
Financial Officer
Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 11-50 employees
August 5, 2019

“Needs a little improvement”

OverallSaves a lot of times indexing documents Makes searching for documents very easy
ProsAutomated bulk emailing Document search Consolidated files
ConsOCR sometimes does not pick up numbers/documents Emails sometimes do not go thru (between uploads/intelligent capture/query) Connection with Quick books services problems Query problems reading Quick Books invoices/customer names
Karolyn C.
Account Manager
June 12, 2018

“Overall good. Doesn't work well with Applied Products (TAM)”

ProsI like the ease of use for the most part. All documents are easily seen at a glance. Preview pane is always good.
ConsOften Paperwise doesn't respond well to Applied (TAM). However, this has gotten better in the last 6 months
Automotive, 1001-5000 employees
June 19, 2018

“Easy to use, navigate, and great way to store documents without all the fuss. ”

OverallNo more paper trails, from email to paper wise, and done. Very easy to search for documents, set up how you need to, very user friendly.
Pros It's easy to use easy to navigate quick to learn multi-functional and beneficial for business and personal documentation.
ConsSometimes it freezes up or I have to log in as the admin, instead of just opening the link. The screen scraper doesn't work for me either.
June 19, 2018
Richard O.
Senior Programmer/Analyst
June 17, 2018

“Paperwise clients for over 20 years. Fits our needs well.”

ProsThe ability to use DataWise to archive reports automatically. Eliminates the need for human intervention. The ability to archive directly from other applications (such as Outlook) is also a major plus.
ConsThe drawback for us is the inability to search across multiple file cabinets and/or have different search parameters for the same file cabinet. An SQL-like interface would be useful.
June 17, 2018
Michael S.
Sr. Systems Adminsitrator
June 12, 2018

“software experience is good, support not so much”

ProsI like the ability to index documents from any piece of software needed. The ability to delete a document before being indexed into the system.
ConsSupport has seemed to be lacking. When I have had issues with end users and we needed help, most times it comes back on us to figure a work around.
Tanya G.
Account Executive
June 18, 2018

“user friendly and final copy looks professional”

Overallwell organized to add our underwriting information
Proseasy way to send quotes to multiple companies and organize their reply, u/w information is well organized and the presentation looks professional
Conssome of the coverage options are hard to find or are they are placed at the wrong spot so I have to use 'free format'
Tracey L.
Staff Development Manager
June 15, 2018

“easy to use, flexible, serves our purpose for document storage”

ProsI like how easy the Paperwise product is to use for searching individually outlined indexing criteria options
ConsI find the advanced search features cumbersome to manage, however have been able to adjust several different options to achieve the desired result.
Jayé N.
Senior Commercial Account Manager
June 12, 2018

“I am not in love with this application with TAM”

ProsCan't think of anything at the moment. It hasn't been the most helpful software while using TAM, I don't feel that we have been properly trained on this software and not using all the features and available benefits.
ConsToo many steps. Unable to have to many applications open when using this software without freezing. However I feel I should add that I don't feel that we have been properly trained on this software and not using all the features and available benefits.
Marko C.
Accounting
Logistics and Supply Chain, 11-50 employees

“productivity ”

OverallNow that it's up and running the time and ease of use is worth it.
ProsThe streamlined process of invoicing / emailing which cut down time in our turn around time.
Consthe setup process. It was time consuming and a lot of errors.
Tammy F.
CDS
Medical Practice, 51-200 employees
February 16, 2018

“Everytime we have an issue they are right on top of it, never have to wait to get help.”

OverallBeing able to use this software we are able to not have to store the paper documents. We can scan right in and get the paper out of the office.
Prosvery easy to use and understanding. Very user friendly. Viewing the items and putting the items directly into the system is awesome.
Cons.
Apparel & Fashion, 51-200 employees
June 13, 2018

“The product is not feature rich”

OverallCaptured the information we needed to capture. That is the most important use of the app.
ProsIngests and stores documents which is why we obtained the product. We need this information to prove that we did what we said we did.
ConsThe product is not easy to maneuver to get access to specific documentation. Perhaps we are not aware of application capabilities but currently we find this to be problematic.
Roberto R.
Programming
Logistics and Supply Chain, 11-50 employees
August 16, 2019

“Good software ”

ProsEasy of use, it has been very helpful with our daily work
ConsIt gets stuck sometimes and we need to reboot it
August 16, 2019
Genevieve T.
Senior Account Manager
June 18, 2018

“Easy way to store all our documents, and recall when required.”

ProsAllows for seamless printing straight to Paperwise, without having to print paper copies. Lots of different ways to transport the docs to Paperwise.
ConsI wish you could easily write over the file names to amend titles or descriptions. Also, when our systems slow down, Paperwise is usually affected.
Marc-Andre L.
Managing Director - Quebec City

“Paperwise Review”

ProsThe fact that it is the most adaptable product on the market for insurance brokerages agencies, with it's APIs integration. Ease of searching for documents. Reliability.
ConsNot so user friendly, no AI or guided searches, drop-zone and other functionalities still require too many clicks.
Tammy K.
Commercial Lines Manager
September 13, 2018

“paperwise review”

Overallmuch much better than when we first started. Speed needs to improved
ProsIt stores our documents and emails. There is nothing else I want to say
ConsHave problems attaching larger files in reasonable amount of time and retrieval can also be slow. Send to option always has issues and never works correctly.
September 13, 2018
Matt R.
Help Desk Technician
Legal Services, 51-200 employees
June 13, 2018

“While the program is good, it lacks compatibility and has routine issues.”

ProsThe ability to use barcodes and index documents accordingly greatly increases productivity throughout our organization.
ConsMinor bugs that are not resolved after extended periods of time. To be fair, I will usually get a workaround but I never get a follow up if/when the bug has been resolved.
Domenica L.
Sr. Account Manager
June 26, 2018

“It's not always perfect, but when it works, it's great”

Overallhelps our office continue to be paperless
ProsThe ease of finding what you are looking for helps on a daily basis to review and find documents, correspondence etc.
Conslike all software, there will be glitches and when that happens it can be frustrating, when a glitch happens saved documents don't show up
June 26, 2018
Wyatt R.
June 15, 2018

“Paperwise is pretty straight forward, and not too complex. It seems kind of outdated”

OverallIt allows us to see all items related to purchases and invoices on a project. The software itself seems outdated and slow, and sometimes I feel like it slows down my computer. I know others in my office have had issues with the program being insanely slow as well. It makes it hard to have the patience to find a document using the system when walking down the hallway and going through files would be just as quick.
ProsThe ability to search by multiple parameters. I can look up a purchase order and see all invoices and pick tickets associated with it. It also allows our company to track AWA items separately. This makes going back and billing the customer the material associated with the work easier to back up/calculate.
ConsIt doesn't have any features other than searching and pulling up the associated data. It would be great to be able to sum project costs, etc.
Jeremy R.
Automation Analyst
September 17, 2018

“Paperwise, good value for now, not long term play”

OverallI'm glad we got it over competing document management solutions at the time. Some high quality people in support and training. Because of other changes in our software portfolio, we are now moving away from Paperwise. Paperwise has been very ethical in assisting with the transition.
ProsWhat I liked most was Flexibility, Support, Value, and the people in the company.
ConsLack of new features, lack of development, some core markup software was very old.