Palm-Tech Home Insp. Software Ratings

Overall

About Palm-Tech Home Insp. Software

Palm-Tech has been built from the ground up to be used in the field by home inspectors. It's been around for over 15 years and is constantly being improved to make it easier for home inspectors to do their job. It runs on iPhones/iPads, Android phones/tablets and Windows PCs. There are no ongoing fees and you are able to start, complete and email finished reports to your clients all from your mobile device. Thousands of inspectors across the US, Canada and the world use Palm-Tech every day! Learn more about Palm-Tech Home Insp. Software

Paul R.

“Palm-Tech Inspection Software”

OverallI have personally used Palm-Tech inspection software for my reports for many years. This is a great reporting program and very easy to use. Just as all software programs have a learning curve, once you learn it, it becomes easy. I recommend this to all inspectors.
ProsEase of use and works on iPad and Tables. Great customer service. The program reduces my time in writing reports. Anyone not using this is working too hard!
ConsWish it worked on MAC without parallel or similar program. Wish you could have illustrations automated into the sections with comments in the library. Wish comment sections could have multiple colors in each section. Such as deficiency is red, general comment in blue and information in green or etc.
Recommendations to other buyersLook the software program and enjoy using it. It makes my life easier.
Tim T.
February 16, 2017

“Realtors and Clients love my report”

OverallI have been a home inspector for 30 years. I came into the digital age of report writing kicking and screaming six years ago. I originally purchased other reporting software but it was too complicated and if I have a hard time understanding a report then how can a buyer or agent understand it? Many of my competitors use other formats that have so much filler and disclaimer after disclaimer that I can't even stand to read them. I love the simple just the facts capability of Palm Tech and all of my clients and agents love it too. But if you like disclaimers and fluff you can add that too.
ProsEase of use and clear reporting format.
ConsThat I did not switch to it sooner.
Recommendations to other buyersIt is versatile and clients love the summaries to clearly see what is important.
Ryan F.
Inspector/Owner
Real Estate, Unspecified
February 23, 2017

“Fully functional inspection software ”

OverallI have been using palm tech software now for 13+ years, easy use with insertion of pictures at the location in report that the problem is located
ProsEase of use with picture insertion, pay for it one time and no more except updates
ConsDoes not have integration with other apps or programs like other inspection software on the market
Recommendations to other buyersTechnology changes so quickly I feel palm tech needs some new updates and improvements for an online data base to allow program owners to acces for pictures or informational items that can be put in reports
David W.
Licensed Inspector
March 25, 2019

“The best tool in my box”

OverallWhen my computer fails, help has always been just a phone call away.
ProsEasy customization and excellent support.
ConsI'm not sure I have any cons...Maybe the upfront cost, but I feel that over the years that was well worth it. I'm getting ready to upgrade to the next version soon. The spell check is not as good as Word.
March 25, 2019
Cody W.
Licensed Home Inspector
February 21, 2017

“Save Time=Make More Money”

OverallGreat overall product. I am a fully licensed home inspector and I have used Palm Tech for 3 years across my desktop computer, tablet and phone. Great customer support via phone if you ever get stuck. Once you spend the time to add your own personal notes, such as common or recurring issues in a home, it incredibly speeds up report writing time. I highly recommend Palm tech.
ProsSpeeds up report writing time.
February 21, 2017
Frank D.
President / Partner / Inspector

“Great Software!”

OverallWe have been using PalmTech for about 3 years now. This is the 3rd. program we've used since becoming home inspectors. This is a great piece of software. I love that you can customize your report to whatever you want/need it to be. I would highly recommend this software to any home inspector. My real estate agents love the report. The reports are easy to read and understand.
ProsCustomization
Jason W.
Home Inspector/Owner
February 20, 2017

“Highly recommend ”

OverallGreat product. I have used it for 3 years. Very easy to use and reliable. I get compliments from my clients and agents all the time about how professional my reports look. Highly recommend.
ProsEasy to use.
ConsIt's a bit expensive.
Recommendations to other buyersI wish photos could insert photos into the middle of comments instead of just at the bottom of the section.
February 20, 2017
Ryan F.
December 18, 2018

“Home inspection software”

OverallProfessional looking pdf reports upon completion of inspection makes ease of review for my client to understand
ProsEase of use with pictures right in line with the items of concern
ConsReal time updates if used by multiple users on same inspection
December 18, 2018
Andre S.

“Great Software”

OverallI really like the fact that it so compatible with different phones and operating software. The app is quick and easy. The cloud makes it great to schedule and upload all the inspections for the day.
ProsEasy and quick
Consneed to be able to store phone numbers with contacts names
Recommendations to other buyersSame please
Sylvain G.
February 16, 2017

“5 years Palm-Tech User ”

OverallDetailed check lists, modifications enable, straight forward reporting. I love how good my reports look and so are my clients.
ProsDetailed, easy to use
ConsComponent name change, Modifications or addition cannot be done "on the fly" on a tablet
Terry T.
Professional home inspector
February 17, 2017

“Best report writing software ever”

OverallThe software is easy to use and very fast. I can normally generate the report while on site. And have it emailed before I leave the house. I Use to spend several hours at home writing reports. The Palm Tech software has given me more time to spend with my wife and kids.
ProsSpeed
ConsThere are no Cons.
Recommendations to other buyersDon't use any other software. This is the best
Jon S.
February 18, 2017

“It gets the job done, until it doesn't.”

OverallI wouldn't recommend using Palm Tech if you have a Samsung Galaxy Tablet. I've lost entire inspections when the software crashed on the job site. The first time it happened I called customer support and they blamed my device. So I took their word for it, and figuring my device was defective I bought a new one (another Galaxy tab). Shortly after that the same thing thing happened again on a brand new device that only had 3 programs loaded outside of stock: Palm Tech, Easy WindMit Pro, and Easy 4 Point Pro. At the tail end of a marathon 8 hour inspection the device crashed while attempting to take a photo in Palm Tech. This had happened before, and usually I can get the information back, but this time I lost the entire inspection due to a corrupt file. Once again customer service blamed the device, and talked over me when I tried to explain that the device was brand new and that this had happened before where either the entire device crashes, or just Palm Tech crashes, and that it had happened on 2 new devices that had only been used for home inspection. The next time that it happened to me I called again to find out if they were having issues on Samsung Galaxies, and I got the exact same treatment. This time they blamed the device even though Palm Tech was the only program that crashed on it and lost my work. When I explained that the device didn't shut down, they blamed the wind mitigation program for blocking Pal Tech from taking picture. Not good. Here is customer service in a nutshell if you have an actual issue with the software not working properly: A person will answer the phone and you tell them your issue, they put you on hold for a minute or two, then they come back and tell you your device is at fault. I've called them several times for several different issues and each time I get the same treatment. They will not help you troubleshoot, and they've told me they don't know how.
February 18, 2017
mike g.
home inspector

“outstanding”

OverallI have used other home inspection software with mixed results. the ease and versatility of Palm-Tech Home Insp. Software is second to none. Their customer service representatives are always knowledgeable and helpful.
Prossecurity, customer service, ease of use
Consthe finer points and adjustments of an active report has a "learning curve" its best to practice on a non-active inspection
Recommendations to other buyers10/10 would recommend
Jason C.
Self-employed
February 16, 2017

“Nice in the field Software”

OverallI use this on a Ipad in the field. It works out great. Only downside is the narratives, they are all bad and I had to put all my own narratives in.
ProsLayout and Flexiblity
ConsPre loaded Narratives
John H.
February 16, 2017

“Palm Tech is a great app”

OverallBeen using this app dorore than 3 years. It is easy to use and intuitive. Like the fact that I can Install this on many machines without purchasing individual licenses.
ProsEasy to use and the cloud features.
ConsWish it had ability to work with videos in reports. Some of the default reports for Radon are not easily found. Support helped me figure these items out and work through them.
Recommendations to other buyersNope !
John L.
February 22, 2017

“Only the best for Home Probe Alberta”

OverallAt Home Probe Alberta our initiative is to provide clear, accurate reports to our clients. The information that we provide them is vital to their home buying decision. To achieve our goal, we researched several inspection programs with a rating system and found that Palm Tech Inspector was most likely to benefit our needs. The software is easy to navigate and over the last 12 years we have been able to adjust the templates as relevant topics become evident. Our diction library in the drop downs has made our report writing time more efficient, as we present our reports at the time of inspection. We can split screen our Surface Pro to slide photos into the report. The program then provides the capability of adding notes and highlights to the photos. Feedback from both clients and realtors has provided conclusive reassurance that our decision to use Palm Tech Inspector is the key to achieving our constant initiative of providing the data that our home buyers need to make an informed decision. John Lapointe homeprobealberta.com
February 22, 2017
Ian R.
Marketing and Advertising, 1-10 employees
May 13, 2019

“It's Decent”

OverallI have used it for years, but not always so thrilled with it.
ProsYou can change the software around pretty easily, especially on site and annotate the photos
ConsThe customer support is terrible... It can also be pretty clunky to use
May 13, 2019
Steve W.
Home inspector
June 26, 2017

“It worked great until the upgrade. My iPads shut down and lose all information and photos.”

ConsShutting down in the middle of an inspection. Shutting down and losing all information in that category. Support staff gave me a few suggestions but then just threw up their hands and said "There's nothing else to do to fix it " I'm not looking forward to learning a new software in the middle of the busy season.
June 26, 2017
Steven C.
February 16, 2017

“Palm-Tech Home Inspection Software”

OverallI've been using this software for nearly 17 years and it's the very best there is. My reports are so detailed and thorough that my past clients consistently refer their family and friends to me.
Michael E.
Pro-Tec President
December 20, 2016

“Too slow to have completed by end of inspection.”

OverallPros: If you want the most professional looking and detailed report this is it. Cons: it takes too long to fill this report out. It is impossible to have the report complete and ready for your client by the end of your inspection.
ProsIt's the most detailed and professional looking report I have seen.
Cons It's too complicated with the drop-down menus to use and have completed by the end of your inspection.
December 20, 2016
Kimberly W.
Asst Admin
March 15, 2018

“Love being able to use my Tablet on Home Inspections”

ProsI love being able to use my iPhone or iPad to do home inspections. I am able to take photos email them to other reps to see their thoughts on area.
ConsSometimes with internet use some data is lost in app. Sometimes I am able to recover it but something I lose important details or photos I have taken from the home before process has started or completed.
March 15, 2018
John N.
Inspector
August 29, 2017

“For get it crashes”

OverallNil
ConsPalm-Tec service poor Nothing to back up and un helpful emailed phoned same on going problem crashing tried very thing disappointing
August 29, 2017
Jason H.

“Home inspections”

OverallI don't know if it does this, but I have had realtors and clients ask if I could write up a summary of things that need attention or fixed. So I think it would be nice if at the end of the report there's a page where you can write a summary of the items that need to be addressed and the pictures would show up and a little info would be under each picture. You could have a setting where you click on all the areas that need to be addressed and they would move to the summary page and have the information underneath each picture.

By PDmB on February 23, 2017
Thanks for the review Jason! The program can create a summary items that need attention and it's easy to setup. You can have a single summary created or multiple summaries created based on what rating is selected. Give us a call at (888)736-2462 or shoot us an email and we can help you get it setup.
Ralphele R.

“Great Software!”

OverallI've used Palmtech for several years now and I have had little to no complaints with the software. It allows me to input the necessary info into the program without any hassle or errors. The features I like the most is moving/deleting/copying lines where needed. The only change I wouled make is to have the final report formatted to have a more "eye friendly" appearance - not so cluttered looking. It could be my lack of knowledge in transforming the lines; otherwise, I would have given this 5 Stars across the board!
Mike T.
March 4, 2017

“Palm tech Rocks!”

OverallI have been using the Palm Tech software since about 2003, I reviewed many and went for this one. Glad I did! I can do my full reports, including emailing them onsite! All I have to do is cash the check, unless the pay with a credit card. Love not being tied down at night. A couple local inspectors where using 3-D and they didn't like the product, I told them I really like Palm Tech, they took my word and have been happily using it since. Thanks again for making me look good for all those years!
March 4, 2017
Perry S.
February 19, 2017

“Looking Solid from the start.”

OverallComparing my first few reports to samples on other Inspectors web sites and I'm very pleased so far. You only get one chance at a first impression, and your Report has to look good from day one. I'm sure I'll change things as I go, but so far I'm very confident in how everything looks and is presented. I have had a couple of issues so far, but they ended up being a simply the learning curve associated with playing with a new tool. But the customer support individuals have patience that's for sure.
February 19, 2017
Brandon M.
February 25, 2017

“Palm Tech Review”

OverallI started my inspection business in 2009 and was looking for software to use for my reports. I wanted something easy to use and affordable. I chose Palm~tech and have never looked back. I have been using then since day one and they have been great. Everything from customer support to software updates I have been very happy. The software is easy to use and change to my own specifications. I would definitely recommend this product to anyone in the inspection industry.
February 25, 2017
Douglaus J.
February 16, 2017

“5 years in, no complaints ”

OverallBeen using PalmTech since 2012 and I love it. Recently I began looking at two other programs thinking I might be missing something but they still didn't have features like adding arrows on pictures when onsite using an iPad. There's no reason for me to change. I've rarely needed any service from the staff but when I had a question like switching my computer they were fast to answer and it was a real answer.
March 30, 2018

“Solid software that has been around for a while”

ProsThis software is easy to use and creates professional looking reports. It's solid software with a local office to back it up.
ConsIt is a little dated in terms of look and feel. The software is also a little word heavy. Tech support may not be as instantaneous as some other software companies.
March 30, 2018
James M.
February 23, 2017

“Great software and support. ”

OverallPalm-Tech has been very helpful when I have had any questions. Works well on IPhone and ipad. Pretty simple to create your own template as well. Customer service and support is excellent.
David K.
February 23, 2017

“Why I use Palm-Tech Software”

OverallClients like the reports because they are easy to understand and very complete. They receive their report fast and very seldom even have a question about the condition of their home choice
Adam B.
February 17, 2017

“The backbone of my business”

OverallI have used Palm Tech since early version 4. It is a vital component of my business. I am a loyal customer and hope that the desktop product never changes. Thanks for the great product.
Tony N.
February 23, 2017

“Software for the technically challanged”

OverallThank you for developing a software system that is intuitive in its use and making it easy to use for even the most technically challanged
Grorge B.

“Ohio Ashi Inspector”

OverallThis cost effective software has helped produce top quality inspection reports and increase my profitability at the same time
John B.

“It works ”

OverallPrograms working great!
Real Estate, 201-500 employees
July 18, 2019

“Not a very good software”

ProsMobile friendly with lots of options to use.
ConsPoor support and UI and not a good final report.
July 18, 2019