Availity Ratings

Overall
4.1/5

About Availity

Business solution platform that assists health care professionals with managing patient health records, claims, revenue and more. Learn more about Availity

Lauren M.
Healthcare Manager
May 4, 2019

“Major time saver and generates accurate benefits/eligibility information!”

OverallAvaility has increased productivity and efficiency in the office as a major time saver. In most cases, Availity has replaced the need to call insurance companies and deal with long hold times, inaccurate information, and miscommunication with insurance representatives.
ProsAvaility is a game changer when it comes to checking general patient health insurance policy benefits/eligibility. Phone calls to insurance companies can take up to an hour so the fact that Availity is capable of pulling up the same information in less than a minute is incredibly valuable. Furthermore, when I have compared the information generated through Availity to the details verbally given over the phone by an insurance representative, there is basically no difference. There have been a few times that Availity has provided even more accurate policy data than the live reps! The interface is easy to use and there are multiple ways to pull up a patient's health plan, so even if you don't have the exact ID number, you can use name, DOB, etc. and usually find the patient. Availity is really easy to use and has been a great tool for my practice.
ConsThere is a feature on Availity that allows you to pull up the actual image of a patient's insurance card, which is really great. It usually doesn't work, however. It would be great if this tool was fully functional and could bring up the ID itself. There are a few major insurance companies that aren't available via Availity, so we end up needing to call for those patients.
May 4, 2019
Beverly W.
Patient Education
Medical Practice, 51-200 employees
May 6, 2019

“Super Helpful and a Great Time Saver! ”

OverallAvaility is a super helpful tool that saves you from having to deal directly with patient's insurance companies. It's a big time saver!
ProsAvaility was used in my previous office to check medical insurance benefits for our patients. When I first started there my job was to call the insurance companies directly and check to see what fertility benefits the patients had. This was a complete nightmare and sometimes I would be on the phone for a couple of hours checking benefits for one patients...and sometimes I never got the info I needed. It was SO time consuming and frustrating. When Availity came along - it allowed me to check their benefits in a matter of seconds. A few insurance companies are not on Availity - so occasionally you still have to call.
ConsAvaility customer service do not seem to be very helpful when you need to call directly. I also somehow ended up calling a different department at Availity and could never get transferred top the area that I needed. I just stopped calling Availity. If I needed info and had to call - I just called the Insurance company directly instead.
May 6, 2019
Kaja K.
Support Staff
July 10, 2018

“I use Availity to check claim and eligibility status for various insurances. ”

OverallI give it "Extremely likely" to recommend this product to others because some insurance companies will only deal with you through Availity. You just have no other choice. If that were not the case, I would still give it a 7.
ProsI like that I have access to eligibility and claim status for multiple insurance companies in one place. Some of the companies even let you manage your prior auth/referrals through Availity.
ConsSometimes Availity fights with me horribly. I would like to be able to use our billing NPI to check the status of claims for all insurance companies, but most require the provider's NPI and that is just more difficult. Also, a few of our newer provider's NPIs are not loaded so I can't check their claim status at all. That is frustrating because some insurance companies won't give you claim status over the phone.
July 10, 2018
altrina t.
reimbursement manager

“Availity”

Prospros for Avalility are being able to pull insurance verifications for certain insurance like Florida Blue, and print remits for checks we receive with the EOB attached. its pretty easy to use but the page does seem a little busy so sometimes it can take you a minute to find the link you need to click on if its not one you use all the time. it very easy to setup new employees with access and to do a password reset. the informartion given on the verifications is very helpful and gives more than some of the
Consi recevie emails telling me i hav med dos request when i do not use the clearinghouse portion of the software, then a few days later i will get an email saying i dont need to send anything.
Craig W.
Co-Owner
July 29, 2019

“Saves crucial time and gives real-time insurance details”

OverallThis software allows us to discuss financial details with the patient that increases their understanding and maximizes our time with them.
ProsThis software allows us to pull real-time insurance plan coverage that is customized to our specific niche in the industry. This allows us to discuss financial details with the patient that increases their understanding and maximizes our time with them.
ConsWith a few smaller insurance plans (i.e. HealthChoice), we've learned the hard way that the information Availity shows is consistently incorrect. It will show a patient has a copay, when in reality they need to meet a deductible first. Initially, it created real difficulty and embarrassment regarding patient financials.
July 29, 2019
Lauren T.
Business Manager
March 1, 2019

“A necessity for medical offices”

OverallOur medical practice depends heavily on Availity's website on a daily basis. It allows us to look up patients' insurance benefits through most insurance companies without having to call in, Electronic Remittance Advices are easy to look up, and we are able to keep insurance companies up-to-date with our practice and doctor information through their services. And best of all, it's free! We have used Availity for years, and plan to continue for many years to come.
ProsThis website allows a variety of necessary functions for any medical practice. It is easy to use, and very convenient.
ConsTheir customer service leaves much to be desired. And the CareCalc/Cost Estimator functions often go down.
March 1, 2019
Rebekah R.
Sales Associate
Retail, 1-10 employees
March 30, 2019

“Perfect for looking up anyone's insurance”

OverallIt allows us to get insurance information for our patients pretty seamlessly and makes it super easy!
ProsWhat I like most about this software is that you are able to look up insurance for anyone. It gives you details that you need for the service that you are providing without having to always call the insurance themselves to get the information you need.
ConsWhat I like least about this product is that if you are looking for specific details about a service sometimes it does not give you what you need. Also, it tends to time out as well as have maintenance issues every now and then.
March 30, 2019
Melody E.
Billing Manager Assistant
Mental Health Care, 11-50 employees
May 2, 2019

“Great online resource to review health insurance benefits!”

OverallOverall, this has been a very useful program and in my opinion, the best place to check Medicare insurance benefits. There are many insurances accessible in this website, which is great also. The very first time I used it, I was able to navigate through the program and do exactly what I needed to without explanation or confusion. Definitely worth using if you need to access health insurance information, and beats a phone call for benefit checks any day!
ProsI can check health insurance benefits online, update provider profiles, access many different insurances companies and it's all very user friendly and easy to understand.
ConsSome of the health insurance companies only have limited information on the website, so it can feel frustrating when you can't access everything you'd like to.
May 2, 2019
Ann H.
CEO And Founder
Mental Health Care, 1-10 employees
April 15, 2019

“A great way to check insurance benefits and claims services”

OverallIt is a delight to have this option rather than calling in and having to wait on hold for a quick question.
ProsI am able to access Availity and find out the status of claims or check eligibility without having to go through the steps of calling in and waiting on hold. This saves so much time on a daily basis.
ConsI can't look up a client by name and birth date without the insurance number. This can pose a problem if numbers were inverted. This is a small problem that is usually solved by bringing up the insurance card and double checking.
April 15, 2019
Altrina T.
Director of Reimbursement
July 26, 2019

“Availity”

ProsWe use Avality most for Insurance verification and to pull remits for certain payors. its very easy to use when verifying insurance its give you up to date correct information
ConsI often get emails saying I need to attach medical documents to claims when we don't submit claims through availity, its also difficult sometime to pull up remit information with a check # because of although the check I have in front of me might say BC/BS Minnesota I may have to use a different payor name on the list in availity
July 26, 2019
Martha C.
July 12, 2018

“Easy to Use! Fast Results!”

OverallUp to date Insurance eligibility answers.
ProsWe use this software to check insurance eligibility for our patients. Its quick! Has multiple search options to find your patient and the results are easy to understand.
ConsIf there is something that can be considered a con: It would be the verification of information on a quarterly basis. We are a home health agency and not an MD office so navigating through the verification questions are cumbersome.
July 12, 2018
Jessica M.
Billing Coordinator
April 9, 2019

“Quick and Efficient ”

ProsThis website is accurate and up to date with pt information. Pulling benefits and elig for pts, this site tells you if the pt has other primary ins, and what it is, to verify we have the correct information in our system. Being able to view multiple insurance company information for elig for pts.
ConsNot being able to submit claims, viewing fee schedules for all insurance company's.
April 9, 2019
Kristina P.
March 8, 2018

“I use it to check patient benefits and submit insurance claims.”

OverallPatient benefits information and insurance billing.
ProsIt has drop down menus and check boxes that make it virtually impossible to submit the wrong information for insurance billing. It walks me through a claim step by step to allow me to do my chiropractic insurance billing. I also like that it shows me patient benefits with up to date co-pays and deductible information.
ConsI wish it offered access to more insurance companies. It has the main ones that I use, but there are a few that don't allow me to check benefits and eligibility through Availity.
March 8, 2018
Keytiana H.
Individual & Family Services, 1-10 employees
January 2, 2019

“A wonderful resource”

ProsI really appreciate Availity. Running a practice, it made life so much easier. Before we had to confirm client's Insurance, worry about collections, remember to update insurance info with expiration dates and more when we used an older software. Availity cuts all of that out and allows you way more time to do other things instead of worry about every single detail about charging for sessions. Their customer service is also so great. We could contact them anytime and they would respond very quickly.
ConsThey're slightly expensive and take it out of the payments made to you so if you aren't taking in a lot of money, it may not be your best bet.
January 2, 2019
Claire W.
Business Owner
December 4, 2018

“Increases efficiency and flow of patient care”

OverallAvaility is an integral part of our work flow and a program we use almost every day.
ProsAvaility helps our office provide excellent service to patients by correctly understand their insurance plan benefits as they relate to the care we provide. We are able to inform patients on financial details at the beginning of their treatment, which they appreciate very much.
ConsA few times the benefits listed have been completely wrong, creating misinformation for the patient and more work for the office.
December 4, 2018
Cydni Nicole W.
Ophthalmic Coding Specialist
August 1, 2018

“Helpful if you know how to navigate!”

OverallThe doctors I work for our contracted with a ton of insurances and this software helps me avoid having to call insurance companies!
ProsThis software has a lot of benefits! I use it to get estimates for our patients, check for CCI edits, checking patient eligibility, and much more! The doctors I work for our contracted with lots of insurances so it is nice to be able to access so many of them on one website!
ConsThe only thing negative that I can say about this software is that it takes a little while to learn how to navigate...not the most user friendly site I use! Once you get that part figured out though it is very helpful!
August 1, 2018
JENNIFER P.
February 21, 2018

“Usually good”

ProsI like the ease of being able to electronically bill several insurance companies at once. It is also nice to be able to retrieve eobs.
ConsSometimes bills that show as accepted on the availity portal, somehow disappear before the insurance companies receive them.
February 21, 2018
Kirk H.
office manager
June 10, 2019

“Good service”

ProsWe use availity every day in our practice from verifying insurance to referrals to patient cost estimator. love the service and the ease of use
ConsDo not like how pt cost estimator doesw not work with BCBS
June 10, 2019
May 30, 2019

“Useful platform for managing most insurance authorizations and payments.”

ProsIt allows us to check many benefits in one system and is usually very fast without any lag or downtime.
ConsLOTS of clicking to get anywhere. Sometimes the benefit information displayed is inaccurate or missing.
May 30, 2019
Mental Health Care, 11-50 employees

“Availity and Me”

OverallOver all Availity is a good tool that we will continue to use in our practice.
ProsThe option to search for EOB'S , eligibility and benefits.
ConsThe site, while fairly easy to navigate, doesn't provide clear benefits on everyone.
Erica H.
Billing Manager
January 5, 2017

“Best verification”

OverallAvaility has eliminated denials for our office. Instant response. We also use this portal for claims that we are having trouble getting through our clearing house.
ProsInstant access to eligibility.
ConsSometimes the system times out.
Recommendations to other buyersEasier access to resubmitting the information.
January 5, 2017
Quyen M.
Analyst
Hospital & Health Care, 10,001+ employees
September 27, 2019

“Availity= problems”

OverallAwful! It is an awful site that does not try to do customer service or fix their problem. They try to close your tickets before it is resolved and when you tell them there is an issue. They tell you there is no issue.For instance, trying file a dispute on a claim and there is no Dispute option. I get this a lot and they tell me "there is no problem... You can file dispute...It has been resolved..." I still have the same problem after they say these things.
ProsYou can go to Eligibility to claims...most of the time.
ConsThere is a long list. A lot of times you cannot pick options like the secured message, disputes, etc. on claims. Then when you try contact their support team/customer service.They do not try to help you resolve your issues and they close your tickets before it is even solved. I spent over a week trying to explain to them things like your portal supposed to shows claims and Assurance (the support says it was Assurance issue) is where we send claims electronically. They have nothing to do with denials or claims that has been denied. I will stop here because I run into at least 2 or 3 issues a day for Availity.
September 27, 2019
James H.
April 3, 2019

“Availity”

ProsGreat service. Our office seldom has to contact insurance companies for varification of data and benefits.
ConsThere are times when the site is down. This problem never lasts long.
April 3, 2019
Tina C.
December 21, 2018

“One of the better website”

OverallHas been a good experience.
ProsI can get information from multiple payors.
ConsIt has changed recently where we can't get if the patient has met there deductible or out of pocket.
Stacy H.
Billing Specialist
December 18, 2018

“Availity good for many uses”

OverallBeen fantastic to use, have used in many practices over the year where I have worked.
ProsCheck claim status Pull Eobs Check eligibility
ConsDoesn't have all of the insurances I work with
July 19, 2019

“Take insurance? A must.”

ProsHonestly the easiest thing to use in my opinion. If you cannot figure out how to use this and interpret insurance benefits I really don't know what to say!!! SOO EASY AND USEFUL
ConsNo complaints. It is very useful for majority of the insurances our practice takes
July 19, 2019
Amber K.
Admin Manager
April 5, 2019

“Great Resource”

ProsI love how easy it is to find patient insurance benefits
ConsI do not like that it does not give detailed vision benefits
April 5, 2019
Chelsea L.
Business Owner
December 12, 2018

“Good for Some things, not so good for important stuff”

OverallGenerally ok, it does about 1/2 of the things I need, really well, and the other 1/2 is practically impossible. I can easily locate a patient for a benefit check, but, instead of having a past claims identifier from the same place where I just found the patient, I have to start a brand new search that rarely finds the patient or the DOS I'm looking for. It simply doesn't locate the person, even though I just found them for the benefit check! Also, I would greatly appreciate a distinction between Regence, Premera, and BCBS billing procedures as all three are found through the Availity benefit portal, but they are not distinguished from each-other and that can cause confusion as to what insurance I should bill for chiropractic procedures.
ProsRelatively easy benefit checks and good looking portal
Conslocating detail of past claims is difficult at best, and non-existent most of the time
Hospital & Health Care, 201-500 employees

“Easy access and use”

OverallNear perfect! I use this weekly!
ProsAvailty is really easy to use. It is nice to be able to check patient eligibility on a few types of insurances in one place. We can access benefits, eligibility, deductibles, claim history...etc. It is great
ConsI wish more insurances could be added. Also, not all coverage benefit information is available. I wish this could be expanded. It has improved in the past 6 months but missing some key information still.
Jeanette L.
Practice Manager
August 6, 2019

“A good idea”

ProsWhen Availity works, it is a HUGE time-saver. It negates the need for waiting hours on hold with insurance companies to verify benefits and estimate patient responsibility. Interface is pretty user friendly. They have added almost all commercial payers to the list, with exception of United Healthcare.
ConsLet's face it...it VERY SELDOM works. Only about 50% of the time will it return results other than just basic benefits. The claim estimator piece is what really makes it valuable, and it "Cannot return results in real time...please try again later." This is extremely frustrating for the office staff and especially the front desk if the patient owes something more than a copay.
August 6, 2019
Mental Health Care, Self-employed
February 5, 2019

“Leaves a Lot to be Desired”

OverallI bill for client insurances with Availity. The processing of claims sees to go smoothly and this is a plus.
ProsOnce one gets used to Availity, it is not difficult to use. It can be good for looking up eligibility of clients and some benefits, as well as submitting claims. There are tutorials for you to watch to show you how to add payers and payer services.
ConsThere is a definite learning curve to using Availity. It is not as user friendly as many other billing software formats I have used. I really do not like that to ask a question, one has a "support ticket," versus being able to call a customer representative to ask a question. It is annoying, as sometimes one has to clarify problems through several support tickets.
February 5, 2019
Caitlyn C.
Chiropractor
July 24, 2019

“Excellent software! ”

ProsI like how easy this platform is to use for our business! We run a high volume clinic and need to verify plenty of insurance benefits for patients, so this software makes our lives much easier from a time perspective.
ConsI do not have any negative words to say about this software, it suited our business well.
July 24, 2019
Dorota L.
Medical Practice, 201-500 employees
June 11, 2019

“Good resource”

OverallOverall this product is invaluable to our practice and I would highly recommend it.
ProsThis product allows us to research patient's benefits and/or claims in realtime with accuracy.
ConsThis product doesn't seem to work for all insurances. Works well for Anthem BCBS and Humana, But doesn't give claim status for VA, which might be the VA's fault, but we can't get a straight answer.
June 11, 2019
Noura A.
student
October 20, 2017

“Great tool for healthcare providers”

ProsEasy to use, can set up multiple users in the practice and very easy to use to bill insurance companies
ConsCannot use for all carriers and hey took out the batch cycle.
October 20, 2017
Tina C.
August 8, 2019

“Availity ”

ProsIt is good to have multiple payers on one site to be able to verify eligibility. Also I am able to get remittance advice quickly.
ConsSome of the payers you have to have the healthcare ID, it would be better if could look up by name and date of birth in cases that the patient doesn't have their insurance information with them.
August 8, 2019
Melissa L.
Events Operations Manager
Museums and Institutions, 11-50 employees
August 22, 2019

“Great Features but A Little Clunky”

OverallI think this system is fine. Perhaps better architecture on the admin setup side would have been more helpful. Overall, it is an adequate product with mediocre support systems.
ProsIt provides easy access to employees for learn the billing software platform. The customer services are helpful once you finally get through to the department you are looking for.
ConsIt is definitely clunky. Sometimes you will input incorrect data and the system will not tell you where you have made the mistake.
August 22, 2019
Ndidi A.
Executive director
Mental Health Care, 1-10 employees
February 1, 2019

“Availity”

OverallI haven't had problems navigating availity or submitting my claims through them.
ProsIt's an easy way to submit my mental health claims and view ERAs.
ConsBilling statements are moved out after a few months. I wish there were an easy way to access them.
February 1, 2019
Nancy D.
compliance officer
November 5, 2018

“Excellent insurance verification software”

ProsProvides accurate insurance eligibility, copay, and coinsurance info for billing.
ConsSeveral plans do not use it and I have to go to their individual portals.
November 5, 2018
Amy G.
Doctor
December 2, 2018

“Great for verifying benefits”

ProsI like that we can quickly verify Chiropractic benefits for many of our patients.
ConsI have nothing negative to say - we don't utilize all of the available features
December 2, 2018
Vickey B.
Admin
Medical Devices, 11-50 employees
May 6, 2018

“Easy to use & great customer service”

OverallEligibility, Reports, Claim Processing and other medical office task
ProsEasy transfer between medical software and their system. Great reporting system & customer service that you can speak to that day.
ConsSystem wide payor problems should be corrected & recognized by them. Instead you have to make them aware before its addressed
May 6, 2018
Kayte B.
Office manager
May 10, 2019

“Saves time and a great resource! ”

OverallOverall I would highly recommended signing up for Availity, if you invest the time to learn the program it can save hours of your week!
ProsI recently signed up for Availity and love everything it can do! I am able to quickly verify dental benefits that used to take 15 minutes of mine time to call and verify over the phone!
ConsIt is difficult to learn, servers training videos to help but takes quite a bit of time to learn how to use the program properly.
May 10, 2019
Bethany D.
psychotherapist
Hospital & Health Care, Self-employed
March 21, 2019

“Necessary software”

OverallOnce you do contact customer support, they are kind and helpful.
ProsI like that I am able to receive insurance information through Availity in one place. That does make my job a little easier than having to contact multiple insurance companies.
ConsI think this software is difficult to use. The dashboard is not very clear. I wish it were easy to use. It alwasy takes me forever when I'm on Availity. It is not easy to even find customer support information.
March 21, 2019
Sonia V.
Medical assistant
June 7, 2017

“VERY EASY TO CHECK MY PATIENTS ELIGIBILITY AND BENEFITS , CLAIMS, AUTHORIZATION AND REFERRALS ”

OverallEASY ,FAST AND EFFICIENT
ProsVERY EASY TO USE , VERY HELPFUL . I USE AVAILITY ALMOST DAILY IT IS NOW BECOME PART OF MY DAILY ROUTINE.
ConsTHE CON WOULD BE THAT WE ARE NOT ABLE TO VERIFY ALL INSURANCE PLANS WE ARE IN NETWORK WITH . NOT ALL ARE LISTED
June 7, 2017
Danelle T.
Practice Administrator
December 13, 2016

“Great tool for healthcare providers”

OverallHave been using for over a year. great tools to determine eligibility for provider offices. Can get claim status and outstanding deductibles and use to submit claims for certain carriers.
ProsEasy to use, can set up multiple users in the practice
ConsCannot use for all carriers
December 13, 2016
Mental Health Care, Self-employed
December 22, 2018

“Needed for insurance claims”

ProsIt is a good way to get payor reports that my practice management software doesn't give.
ConsI do not utilize all the functions and the the company calls me frequently to upgrade.
December 22, 2018
Insurance, Unspecified
March 13, 2018

“Availity is confusing, time consuming and frustrating to use. ”

OverallThere is no other software out there to find info on Regence patients. They have a monopoly.
ProsIn comparing Availity with other software of the same type, there are not many things I like about Availity. I can add providers to one log on, that is helpful and efficient. Ease to switch from page to page, provider to provider.
ConsThe info needed to find eligibility on patients is a lot and time consuming. Too many clicks to get around the site. The log on process is laborious and it is too easy to lock yourself out.
March 13, 2018
Christina A.
Human Resource Management
Human Resources, 1-10 employees
June 13, 2019

“Availity for taking payments made simple!”

OverallOur overall experience with Availity has been a positive one!
ProsAvaility system is very user friendly when having to use to take payments from clients, even if you have never taken a payment online. It is very self explanatory
ConsThere really is no cons for using the availity system that I can think off, we have been using it for many years now.
June 13, 2019
Maggie P.
Psychotherapist
Hospital & Health Care, Self-employed
October 3, 2016

“Excellent Billing Software”

OverallI use Availity to bill most insurance companies. I have not had any problems and it is very user friendly to use with no problems. Customer Service is excellent!
ProsEase and use to check on client benefits and very easy to use to bill insurance companies
ConsThey took out the batch cycle.
Recommendations to other buyersNot scary to use for first time therapists opening up their own private practice.
October 3, 2016
Lisa F.
Billing manager
August 26, 2019

“Availity”

OverallI wish it flowed easier. For instance, if I look up eligibility, then be able to go right from that patient to status of claims without having to input information all over agian.
ProsI like to be able to pull up eligibility for patients
ConsIt is not easy to pull up information at all. You have to input too much info and then find out it was the wrong site that you were accessing for that particular patient.
August 26, 2019
Katie U.
Business Office Manager
November 3, 2016

“Using Availity”

OverallOverall Availity is a great software. We are currently switching from HeW who is merging with Availity and the software is much better than HeW's. More user friendly and easier to navigate.
Proscomparing it to the software we used previously, it is much cleaner looking. Easier to navigate and search for information.
Consnothing so far