Benchmark Email Ratings

Overall

About Benchmark Email

Benchmark aims to provide the practical marketer with strategies & devoted support to create ongoing customer engagement with email marketing & automation tools. Benchmark offers an integrated, automated & robust feature set built to help the practical marketer. A powerfully simple & simply powerful engagement marketing solution designed to help you create & send compelling campaigns with ease. -100+ employees in 15 countries - 9 Supported languages - Devoted Support 24/7 Learn more about Benchmark Email

Andrew D.
Research Manager
Market Research, 1-10 employees

“Easy to use platform”

OverallOverall, I am satisfied and will continue to use Benchmark . I started on a Free Trial and upgraded to a paid service. I plan on sticking to Benchmark for a quarterly newsletter and using to send invitation or special emails.
ProsThis platform is very user-friendly. It doesn't take much effort to get up to speed on how to use it, and there are many email templates to choose from so you don't always have to create something from scratch! I think it's good value for the money, and the support team has been very helpful in my experience.
ConsThere ares some features where I feel limited. I am not too experienced with softwares like this, so I don't know what's available....but I really wish there was a pop-up feature, where users could click on a button and it would connect to their email to forward a newsletter for example. I also have experienced some deliverability issues and have not been 100% satisfied with the response. I think with this and being a new user, it takes time to learn and develop the best strategy.

By Benchmark on May 30, 2019
Hello Andrew, Thank you for the review and high rating. Regarding the feature you mentioned, we do have a forward option for the campaigns you send. When you have a moment, log in and chat with us, we'd love to show you how this feature works and also how to improve your deliverability. - Benchmark Team
Marcy B.
Events Services, 1-10 employees
May 30, 2019

“Great list management and decent email software”

OverallBenchmark helps us communicate with our clients in a way that is both easy for us to use and easy on the eyes (for clients).
ProsCreating and using lists is very easy, especially with the new upgrades! Adding contacts to lists works well with various options. I tend to upload excel files to make new lists, very easy within Benchmark. I do like that it's easy to merge lists -- and that the software only accepts one contact (if that contact is already on the merge to list). Somewhat easy to use when creating emails -- selecting blocks and design [but the source code isn't as easy to decipher and use (my commands do not seem to "take").] Using attachments and links and media is pretty easy as well. The reports (opens, click thrus etc) are very good! [However with the new interface, it's not as easy to back-track to the original Email Report (I find myself having to choose again from the report list).]
ConsI don't really like that I can't "re-send" emails on my own schedule (not have to wait 1 week after last send). Also, emails from Benchmark DO get caught up in Junk Spam Trash Promotions folders of recipients and we do need to remind them (often) to check for their email. Also, when "copying" an email to use and re-name as a new email, I do not like that the software selects the "old" contact list to also mail to -- I've mistakenly sent emails to old contact lists and that was not a good thing in my situation.

By Benchmark on June 5, 2019
Hello Marcy, Thanks for your feedback. Whenever you have a moment, chat with us and let us know about your concerns, we'll be glad to assist you. - Benchmark Team
Michael M.
Media Production, 11-50 employees

“Happy customer”

OverallOverall I enjoy using it very much.
ProsUnlike other email programs, benchmark allows me to send as many emails as I need without having to pay extra. I think benchmark is one of the only platforms that allows me to pay on the basis of the number of records and add the number of emails that I send.
Cons Sometimes there is massive delays in receiving test emails.

By Benchmark on May 31, 2019
Hello Michael, Thank you for your review. Please don't doubt to chat with us if you're encountering issues with our test emails. We'll be glad to help. - Benchmark Team
Derrick C.
Marketing Specialist
Marketing and Advertising, 501-1000 employees
May 31, 2019

“Great but needs improvement ”

OverallIts a decent program but for the money, it is to many glitches that need to be addressed. Spell check needs to be added back into the program as well.
ProsEasy to Use Clean layout Ease of customizing templates Training other team members on how to use is easy
ConsCustomer service is not that great - Most are not American so language is hard to understand Too many glitches when working in templates Have to send several TEST emails to make sure the functions are correct The same email delivered to different members of my team show up differently or have different links A lot of bugs in the back that need to be addressed No Spell check function anymore The image editor is not that great uploading lists can be a pain sometimes you have to do them multiple times in order for them to get uploaded

By Benchmark on June 5, 2019
Hello Derrick, Thanks for your feedback. Whenever you have a moment, chat with us and let us know your concerns. We'll be glad to offer you a solution. - Benchmark Team
Brian M.
Regional Program Liaison
Hospital & Health Care, 501-1000 employees

“Hits the Mark!”

OverallWe are a Provincial Health Authority covering an area roughly the size of France, and current health related information is critical to our subscribers. Benchmark resolved an issue of timely, wide reach that we had been trying to resolve.
ProsThe best part of this software is the ability to plan the reach in advance so our contacts are kept 'in the know' even when the editor is otherwise occupied with meetings, conferences, etc. We have three separate weekly and bi weekly going out to three different audiences, covering 2,500 individual contacts, and we can pre-populate weeks in advance and backfill where necessary at the last min, or just let the information go as scheduled.
ConsThe learning curve was steep, but short. We had a couple of false starts to begin with, but learned from our errors. Line spacing can be an issue. Even when the preview shows single spaced sometimes the publication comes out 1.5 or double spaced - not a big problem for our use, but we get some calls from our constituents about "weird formatting".

By Benchmark on June 4, 2019
Hello Brian, Thank you for your feedback and great rating. Chat with us to help you with the formatting of your email, sometimes something as small as copying and pasting can affect the format. - Benchmark Team
Judith E.
CEO/Bus Dev
Health, Wellness and Fitness, 1-10 employees
April 15, 2017

“Waiting For the Beta ”

OverallI have used other email marketing programs. I chose Benchmark because I wanted an inexpensive option for a project for a client. I would say Benchmark is easy to use and easy to learn especially if you have ever used an email marketing program before. But like all software programs, it has its quirks and you learn to get around them. But Benchmark's tutorials, FAQs and feature lists may not supply you with all the information you need. For instance, there are two email automation programs that each offer only one or two automated steps after the trigger. Nowhere in the documentation did it clearly state that only the Automation Pro, that is still in Beta, offers a customer's journey that you can use to send out more than two emails in a sequence. On the other hand, don't pay for more than you need. If you blast out emails to a list of established customers with only quarterly sales discounts, or discounts for birthdays and holidays, Benchmark is enough. And Benchmark is inexpensive. But if you want to onboard various segments of your customers, educating them and eliciting their engagement, this is not the email marketing program for you. There are two locations for live support, one is offshore and the other is domestic. The offshore folks are nice people but they mainly operate by rote. The domestic support gets it right, but I am still waiting to find out if a personalized greeting can be added to the Automation Beta. In my opinion, a personalized greeting should be a standard feature in a customer's journey. I don't know if it is or not and none of their stated info tells you.
ProsBenchmark is easy to use. Easy to set up. Good for very simple customer outreach, i.e a storefront that collects emails and wants to alert customers to sales.
ConsVery limited feature set. Not standard at this point.
Recommendations to other buyersDon't forget that you get what you pay for.

By Benchmark on April 18, 2017
Hi Judith, We appreciate you using Benchmark Email and taking the time to provide some feedback. Thank you for your kind words in regards to our ease of use as well. We do, however, want to address some of your points in regards to our FAQs and tutorials as well as Automation Pro. Admittedly, our FAQs and tutorials are an area we¿d like to put more focus on. That¿s why we¿ve recently established a training department to help keep those areas better up-to-date and helpful to marketers. Our tools are constantly evolving and the support resources we provide must as well. We¿re confident this new department will succeed in this regard, as well as with keeping all support offices across the globe on the same page. Your feedback in regards to Automation Pro is an integral part of the beta process. We expect new features to continue to be added to the automation platform throughout the beta period and after. Again, thanks for the kind words and feedback.
April 15, 2017
Abed H.
Therapist, Geologist, Researcher
Mental Health Care, 11-50 employees
September 27, 2019

“Benchmark Email”

OverallNo benefits yet
ProsEase of use. Nice design, Makes it easy to track performance
ConsI have sent the first email yesterday. Out of 409 people, only 75 have viewed the mail so far. No one registered online yet. One concern is that emails go to promotion or to junk. Another, is that marketing for your software is misleading. Is started with the free plan thinking that I can upload up to 2400 contacts and email them. The free plan did not work properly, I was allowed to email 250 persons a month, and I wasnt allowed to upload the contact list because your check found out that I have more than 5% invalid emails ( I believe this is a policy to force upgrading to pro, which we were going to do after testing the performance of benchmark).
September 27, 2019
Hasnain S.
Digital Marketing Apprentice
Telecommunications, 11-50 employees

“Great Service ”

OverallThe software overall is great. It allows me import the contacts I want in any way I want, create emails, schedule or send emails out immediately and even has analytics for the emails that have been sent out.
ProsWhen creating an email, it is ever so easy. There are many templates to choose from and if you don't want a template you don't have to use one! I can create an email within minutes as the click and drop feature allows me to have my email layouts exactly the way I want it.
ConsSome of the templates I am unable to add things to. For example, there was a template with a blank space for aesthetic reasons. I would have much rather place an image in the area, however I couldn't. There isn't many negatives I can comment on this software as it is brilliantly done.

By Benchmark on June 5, 2019
Hello Hasnain, Thanks for the great feedback. Next time you're working on a template and need assistance, let us know! - Benchmark Team
Amanda M.
Marketing Manager
Health, Wellness and Fitness, 10,001+ employees
May 23, 2019

“Good but better customer communication needed”

OverallOverall, the program works well. Communication needs worked on.
ProsThe software is easy to use and offers a variety of layouts.
ConsOver the past 12 months or so, Benchmark has removed several internal functions. No communication about the changes was shared and we did not find out until we had to contact customer service. Each time we were told that Benchmark now recommends third-party add-ins.

By Benchmark on June 5, 2019
Hello Amanda, Thanks for your review. We will take your feedback into consideration. - Benchmark Team
Management Consulting, 1-10 employees
May 30, 2019

“Easy to use and scalable”

OverallEmail marketing , small business
ProsEasy to use and very practical, code, 3th parts options, partnert programs
ConsSometimes emails go to spam and reports dont show exactly what happened

By Benchmark on May 31, 2019
Hello, Thanks for your review. Please let us know what you need to see on your reports. We're always improving our features. - Benchmark Team
Mohammed F.
Senior marketing manager
Information Technology and Services, 10,001+ employees

“Email feedback from”

OverallAverage
ProsGood for normal email campaign and good that BM has inbuilt list of unsubscribe and invalid contats
ConsNot at all suitable for heavy automation no form for opt out like mail chimp offer

By Benchmark on June 5, 2019
Hello Mohammed, Thank you for the feedback. Whenever you have a moment, chat with us and ask us about our Manage Subscription form and share with us other concerns you may have. - Benchmark Team
Jeetendraa W.
Propreitor
Leisure, Travel & Tourism, 1-10 employees
May 24, 2019

“Best for email marketing”

OverallIts good and price effective.
ProsVery easy to use.As you don't require a trained staff to work on benchmark.
ConsMore templates to be included. As for travels there are very few. You must include new templates in every 2/3 months. So that we dont use the same templates again and again. Also templates options for Indian Festivals.

By Benchmark on June 5, 2019
Hello Jeetendraa, Thank you for the review and high rating. We will take into consideration the templates request. - Benchmark Team
Jessica N.

“Review”

OverallEasy comunication of our services and products to our contacts.
ProsIs easy to use, and have a good team of client support.
ConsThe editor should be easy adjust to the client design, and i would like to know how to use all the tools but the informations or videos are in english and it will be good to have it in my own language.

By Benchmark on June 5, 2019
Hello Jessica, Thank you for the review and high rating! Chat with us at any time and ask for our spanish YouTube channel. - Benchmark Team
Ranjan G.
Information Technology and Services, 11-50 employees
June 12, 2019

“Using Benchmark for last 8-9 years”

OverallExcellent - till a year back Poor - since the last few months (just unacceptable) Unless there is restoration of Benchmark used to be, we will stop using the platform
ProsEase of use ... pro-active helpdesk This has been reason that we have been using the platform for so many years
ConsThere has been a serious deterioration in the quality of the platform. Delivery rates have dropped upto by about 90-95% of what it used to be. Frivolous checks have been introduced that even your helpdesk is helpless to explain. Currently the platform as good as useless for us and already we have started working parallel to other platforms where are getting similar results that we used to get using Benchmark. All our emails through your platform is directed only to our clients or prospective clients who have signed with us to receive communication from us.

By Benchmark on July 10, 2019
Hi Ranjan, We're sorry to hear that you feel this way. Email is a constantly evolving medium and we work hard to keep our processes up-to-date with best practices to ensure deliverability. While I don't have the information I need to identify your account and speak to the issues at hand, if you would contact our support team via phone, chat and email, we can review your account to see where we may be able to help. - Benchmark Team
June 12, 2019
Bob T.
Online Radio Expert/Host; Podcast Host; Ordained Minister/Award Winning Author/Prof. Public Speaker
September 18, 2018

“My Review of Benchmark Email”

OverallVery good! Customer support responded quickly to my inquiries. For emailing your customer base easily and on a regular basis - this is good value for the money.
ProsI loved the ability to design newsletters and email them directly to my subscribers. They have many different templates for you to choose from. The ease of use made my actual "writing time" for a newsletter minimal.
ConsI used Benchmark when I first started in online business. It was very easy to use and the price was in my comfort zone. I then tried to set up a couple of "funnels" and could not do so (this was a couple of years ago - so time may have changed). I contacted Customer Support and was informed that the system I was trying to put in place was not available through Benchmark, that they were only for emailing directly. Unfortunately, I had to close my account and move on to a competitor that did allow me to build out my funnels for online marketing.
September 18, 2018
Media Production, 1-10 employees

“Review ”

OverallWe have been using it for a long time
ProsThis software is practical to use in a daily v
ConsThe e-mail sender is always changing so the receiver can not record the e-mail address in is non spam list.

By Benchmark on May 31, 2019
Hi, Thank you for your feedback. Whenever you have a moment, please chat with us, we'd love to assist you on the email sender matter. - Benchmark Team
Environmental Services, 1001-5000 employees
March 26, 2019

“Benchmark Email is Indeed the Benchmark”

OverallBenchmark Email continues to raise the bar and continue to be the benchmark in terms of creating genuine email campaigns and automated emails. We are closer to our clients now because of this amazing platform
ProsIt has a drag and drop email design which makes it really easy to use. It is also possible to send out automated emails and personalized emails to help drive revenue. Their customer relations is also really impressive
ConsEverything works perfectly in my opinion. There is virtually nothing to dislike

Hello, Thanks for your review. - Benchmark Team
March 26, 2019
Michelle H.
Arts and Crafts, Self-employed
December 5, 2016

“It just didn't work for me.”

OverallI tried Benchmark Email for a couple of months and while I found it fairly easy to use, I was disappointed in the low amount of "views" my emails got when I checked on the status. I understand that since I do not have my own domain named email, that free email services such as "Gmail" often end up in spam filters. However, I have used another email marketing service and got more opened emails through them, so I fear the stigma is more on Benchmark than the fact that I use a free email provider. Otherwise, I can't explain why the other service I have used worked better. For this reason, I have stopped using Benchmark, after a couple of months, and went back to my previous provider. It's no offense to the service, but if it's not working for me, as a marketing tool, why should I continue to use it?
ProsThe emails look very professional and the software is easy to use.
ConsI was not getting enough feedback compared to another marketing tool I have used, so I decided to stop using Benchmark.

By Benchmark on December 5, 2016
Hello Michelle, Thank you for this feedback, it really means a lot to us. Based on your feedback, I understand your decision to use an alternative service. Email delivery is essential to our service. We know we had issues with this in the past and we are working hard to provide our clients with the best email delivery possible. We are improving our vetting systems to avoid "spammer" like clients that could affect our sending reputation and we are improving our back end technology as well. We are also working on more education to help our users understand best email marketing practices. Again, Thank You for this feedback and we hope the next time you try us, your experience is much better. - Daniel Miller
December 5, 2016
Mathew H.
Vice President Business Development & Strategy
11-50 employees
July 10, 2018

“simple yet powerful ”

Prosbenchmark provides a great WYSIWYG editor - much better than most and all of the preset templates are fully responsive. Navigation is simple, the layout is clean, and the reporting functionality is great. seamless automation mapping makes setting up automated campaigns a breeze. GREAT customer service is also a bonus.
ConsLike most email marketing suites, it can get pricey as subscribership grows a there are lower cost alternatives available but they lack the functionality that benchmark offers. image storage is limited to 10mb without upgrading to unlimited for an additional five a month. Deliverability is ok but could be further improved but is getting better.

By Benchmark on July 12, 2018
Thanks for the review Mathew. We have worked countless hours to get the editor where it's at. It makes our day to read a comment like this :). At this time, email delivery is our top priority and we look forward to continuously improve our sending methods for best delivery to the inbox. Thank you for choosing Benchmark and for taking the time to write this review.
July 10, 2018
Nicolette M.
Executive Assistant
Farming, 51-200 employees
May 31, 2019

“To use or not to use - that is the question”

OverallI find it user friendly and has a quality feel and look to it.
ProsI like that once the template is built it is very easy to customize or change components of it from one publication to another as far as text or images, links etc.
ConsI wish when you had an image with text that the text would automatically wrap around the picture instead of having to build in another text box. Otherwise the text is off to the side and there is a large empty column on the right or left. If it had the capacity to text wrap it would be so much easier.

By Benchmark on June 5, 2019
Hello Nicolette, Thanks for your feedback. We noted down the text wrap feature request. - Benchmark Team
Education Management, 11-50 employees
May 23, 2019

“Looks professional and easy to use”

OverallGood. I like the software.
ProsLooks very professional and designs are gorgeous, giving a high-end and legitimate look for our company. I was also surprised and how easy and intuitive everything is. No need to sit through a training when you can figure everything out on your own, quickly. I especially like the free version.
ConsThe upgrade for a payment plan doesn't seem worth it for what we use it for. We just need the basics, not all the other bells and whistles.

By Benchmark on May 30, 2019
Hi, Thanks for your feedback and high rating. Whenever you have a moment, chat with us, we'd love to share with you how to get the best out of your paid account. - Benchmark Team
Entertainment, Self-employed
May 23, 2019

“Benchmark Email Saves me money”

OverallBenchmark email saw this my problem of keeping in contact monthly with my clients. I find that I'm able to keep my name in front of them and distribute information to them very efficiently. When I relied on mailings I did it much less frequently and it cost a lot more. Paying yearly reduces the fee so much that it's a no brainer not to use benchmark. And I've tried to lease three other services. I found all the others are use more difficult to create and do the emails and much more expensive .
Pros Benchmark software allows me to easily create catchy emails to keep in contact with my clients . I can easily create emails and track it's openings and click rates.
Cons The software is very good occasionally since I do a lot of my work on the iPad I may have the occasional issue where I need to get on the laptop to do something. But that issue is usually because I'm on an iPad not a PC .

By Benchmark on May 31, 2019
Hi, Thank you for your review and high rating. We would love to hear your feedback on what part of our email editor is not responsive enough to use your iPad. We're always looking to improve our platform features. - Benchmark Team
Hospital & Health Care, 1001-5000 employees
January 24, 2019

“Simple, Effective Tool”

OverallBenchmark was an excellent starter tool for our company's email marketing campaigns. We eventually needed to move on to a tool with more functionality, integrations and features, but I would highly recommend Benchmark to those starting out with email marketing!
ProsBenchmark was a very easy-to-use tool for our team's email campaigns. You need very little design experience to create beautiful campaigns. All of the features are very intuitive.
ConsBenchmark doesn't offer the same features as some of the other big players; the automation is limited and tracking/analytics don't stack up. For the price and basic features though, it's a win.

Hi, Thank you for the review. - Benchmark Team
January 24, 2019
Kristina H.
PTA Newsletter Editor
Education Management, Self-employed
July 17, 2017

“Customer service is great - but there are glitches in the program that need fixing.”

OverallFREE Subscription!
ProsThat is free to PTA's! I like the fairly ease of use - -but wish there was a little more flexibility in the design features. And the blocks can sometimes make it tricky and tedious to edit.
ConsThe login -it never saves my password. And - sometimes it asks for the email address to login and other times it asks for username. This is confusing. I have had a lot of trouble with this. I also don't like that your account is closed down if you have too many bounces - - on the first time sending something out. It shouldn't do this unless it is a multiple case scenario. Schools search for alumni - this is the case. They give an email address to Harris Publishing that does our directory and we assume it is "good" but then it comes back. And - major corporations do not like Benchmark emails -and bounce them.

By Benchmark on July 17, 2017
Hello Kristina, We are happy to see you use our PTA Email Marketing plan. We made this plan to help improve the communication to parents. In regards to editing the templates and your login issues, I would like to try to setup a support call to review this. Please contact us at your earliest convenience to schedule a 30 min call with your account manager or a support representative. All the best! - Daniel Miller
July 17, 2017
Education Management, Unspecified
February 7, 2018

“Does basic functions well”

OverallBenchmark helped us keep all of our data organized and made it easy to connect with our supporters.
ProsBenchmark was a great launching pad for my organization's email campaigns. Eventually we switched to Mailchimp because it allowed us more options for special offers and was easier to integrate with other systems. However, Benchmark got the job done initially and was easy to then export our contacts when moving to a new system.
ConsBenchmark does not offer as much as mailchimp for tracking, growth, and integration. It is a more basic email campaign management software, but does the basics very well.

By Benchmark on February 8, 2018
Thanks for the review! I know our integration options aren't as extensive as some of our competitors but we are working fast to expand these. Thank you for your business and we wish you the best! :)
February 7, 2018
Lynette D.
Assistant
Photography, 1-10 employees

“Great software”

OverallBenvhmark is easy to use and hreat product
ProsEasy to use. Use the software daily and I never have a problem
ConsNothing. The software is great to use dsily

Hello Lynette, Thanks for your review and high rating. - Benchmark Team
Shawn L.
Coordinator
Education Management, 5001-10,000 employees
June 11, 2019

“Benchmark E-mail for Marketing E-Blasts”

OverallGenerally positive. It's our main e-mail blast marketing tool.
ProsList management is very user friendly. That's the biggest plus for me. Easy to integrate sign-up forms.
ConsSometimes the builder (drag and drop, not HTML) is a little buggy. It seems to be getting better.

By Benchmark on July 10, 2019
Thank you for your review! In regards to your concern sometimes something as simple as copy and pasting can affect the builder. Here's a link to our knowledgebase on the topic: https://cutt.ly/OYkx3c. If you have any other questions or concerns you can always reach our to our support team here: https://cutt.ly/JYkEvz - Benchmark Team
Julie D.
Marketing specialist
Wholesale, 51-200 employees
May 30, 2019

“Good service but inconsistent”

OverallIt's good product for the price.
ProsI like how easy it is to manipulate and how quickly it sends immediate messages. Scheduled messages are always on time. Very easy to use and generally quick to create messages that are effective.
ConsSometimes the "from" address changes even when sent from the same account. Also, sometimes the messages don't appear like the samples to the same email platform.

By Benchmark on June 5, 2019
Hello Julie, Thank you for the feedback. Please don't doubt in calling us whenever you have a concern. - Benchmark Team
John J.
director
Education Management, 51-200 employees
May 23, 2019

“good service, some good features, needs photo editor and interface improvement”

OverallGood - I use it often to communicate with prospective camp families and staff!
Prosthe email editor is excellent, and the open/click tracking is very good.
Consthe built-in photo editor is poor. simple things are missing, like rounded corners, circle mask, edge blur and erosion... The interface is very "clicky" - there are multiple clicks where one will do (e.g. Adding contacts), and pathways you need to click through over and over again (e.g. Look at unopens, resend to unopens). An interface once-over could save hundreds of clicks. Delivery rates seem to have improved, but were low in Fall 2018. Also AOL seems inclined to auto-mark Benchnark as spam, which Benchmark then lowers your rating for! I had to remove all AOL addresses.

By Benchmark on June 5, 2019
Hello John, Thanks for the feedback. Whenever you have a moment, chat with us and let us know about these issues, they seem as if they're isolated to your account. - Benchmark Team
Laura D.
Education Management, 1-10 employees
September 6, 2019

“Great Software!”

OverallWith Benchmark I'm able to communicate with all of my clients, inform them about new deals, and work to promote my business well. Not only that, but Benchmark also provides us with valuable statistics about how our well our email was received.
ProsThis software is extremely organized and user friendly. I am able to navigate my emailed newsletters with ease and convey everything in one place.
ConsThere isn't much I don't enjoy about this product. I will admit there is a bit of a learning curve to the formatting; however, once you get the hang of it it is smooth sailing.
September 6, 2019
Laura L.
Marketing Coordinator
Telecommunications, 51-200 employees

“Simplified E-mail Communications”

OverallWe've been using it for years, with very few issues.
ProsGenerally, it's very easy to use, and very intuitive. I love the fact that I can remove the Benchmark logo so that I'm not advertising Benchmark, but promoting our company's products instead.
ConsOnce in a while, it can get quirky, and not let me set things up exactly as I'd like. In those instances, Customer Support has been helpful to resolve issues.

Hello Laura, Thank you for the review. - Benchmark Team
Fatima P.
April 4, 2018

“My Experience with Benchmark Email.”

OverallEasy to use. Uncomplicated. Great customer support. Great value. Great tool for managing mass emailing, client lists, sign up forms, autoresponders, email campaigns and surveys.
ProsGreat tool for email marketing campaigns. Its templates are responsive and mobile friendly. Drag and drop option. Offers free surveys. Easy to incorporate social sharing. The Editor for the email campaign is easy to use. Its simple to use and has a free plan.
ConsI consider Benchmar email to be one of the best Email Marketing tools. If there is something that could improve, for me would be: The automation its not clear enough. There isn't very much analytics on the free version.

By Benchmark on April 5, 2018
Thank you for these kind words and support! We are working hard to improve our Automation tools to have more clarity and functionality. Thanks for your feedback and for choosing Benchmark :)
April 4, 2018
Management Consulting, 11-50 employees

“User experience”

OverallWe are using benchmark for sending new product information and training announcements to all our clients and this is also helping us capture clients who are looking for more details on the program.
ProsPrecise report is generated for each email campaign which is easy to review and reflect on campaign performance
ConsCleaning up hard bounce emails accounts is taking long time as Benchmark doesn't have one client remove hard bounce accounts from all contact list An option to download the report would be much appreciated as it will help us reduce manual report generation, which needs to be submitted to management every week.

By Benchmark on June 4, 2019
Hi, Thanks for your feedback. Whenever you have a moment, chat with us and ask us about a solution for cleaning hard bounces and to export your needed report. - Benchmark Team
Bryan K.
Marketing Manager
Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 51-200 employees
May 30, 2019

“Great features, better price!”

OverallOverall, we have experienced no issues with Benchmark. Our sales team is utilizing specific templates to enhance their communications to prospective customers and our slaes flyers are getting a broader reach.
ProsThis software is easy to use and navigate through. Easy to train non-HTML users how to create simple emails.
ConsThe survey functionality is very limited within the software.

Hello Bryan, Thank you for the feedback and high rating! - Benchmark Team
Stephanie A.
5s teacher
Education Management, 11-50 employees

“School newsletters ”

ProsIt is a very simple and also my program. I absolutely loved how easy it was to figure out the program. This program made writing school news letters fun. With the changing of colors for the background to the changing on font, this software was great. Parents loved receiving updates on their children and seeing pictures of their children enjoying their week at school.
ConsWhen I would upload a photo it would rotate it upside down. It was a minor issue and it was simple to rotate it right side up.

By Benchmark on May 30, 2019
"This program made writing school newsletters fun." We loved that Stephanie! Thank you for sharing that with us and your high rating. Regarding the uploading of your photo, let us know if it were to ever happen again. We're here to assist you. - Benchmark Team
Maria W.
Executive Assistant
Real Estate, 11-50 employees
May 23, 2019

“Easy to use, but could use some updates”

ProsEasy to drag and drop images and files to upload. Features are pretty intuitive. Easy to look at and move things around in a template.
ConsLimited to three columns on some templates. When I round a box in the editing mode, it doesn't show the same way in the recipients' email.

By Benchmark on June 5, 2019
Hello Maria, Thanks for your review. Don't doubt in chatting with us if you find any type of formatting issues. We're here to help. - Benchmark Team
Isaac B.
Recreational Facilities and Services, 1-10 employees
May 23, 2019

“Great email marketing software!”

OverallWe have been able to keep in touch with our customers more consistently and easily! We have been able to directly track emails sent out to segmented lists that have converted into immediate sales.
ProsA great combination of ease of use and high functionality.
ConsThere really isn't anything I don't like about the software.

By Benchmark on May 31, 2019
Hello Isaac, Thank you for your great feedback. We're glad to know Benchmark has helped you convert your communication into immediate sales. - Benchmark Team
Peter T.
Proprietor
Retail, 1-10 employees

“Suits my needs”

OverallIt provides direct contact to people who want to hear from me-I like that.
ProsIt is easy for me to get out my message. I don't use all facets of it but it does what I need.
ConsOnce in a while I have to mess around with images but I generally get it figured out.

By Benchmark on May 31, 2019
Hello Peter, Thanks for your feedback. Images are a big part of Email Marketing campaigns, we're working on always providing the best experience. Let us know whenever you need assistance. - Benchmark Team
Jenna Y.
Marketing
May 23, 2019

“Not user friendly + Crashed multiple times in the few weeks”

OverallWe have decided to move to MailChimp. We are in the process of shifting over now. Thank you for the last few years of your support and service but we have experienced much unnecessary frustration with your features and stability.
ProsComfort as we have used your software for years. Time to time, I get a supervisor who can actually understand my query and answer my question properly.
ConsCustomer Service reps follow a script and do not read my initial query leading me to repeat myself and get really frustrated. Not all but most. Limitations on features such as editing html coded emails and not being able to upload html files. Limited to copy pasting html coded text. The Last Straw: Glitches and Crashing. For the past few months, I have gotten an error message when editing an image. There seems to be alot of crashes in the last few weeks. One day the whole site was down for HOURS. We were in the process of finalize an email to distribute to our members. As a result, we had to send the timely email late.

By Benchmark on June 5, 2019
Hello Jenna, We are sorry to see you go. Thanks for the time you were with us. - Benchmark Team
mike b.
web designer
Internet, Self-employed
July 8, 2018

“Excellent email marketing tool and possibly the best free start up package available.”

OverallIt has allowed to start my email campaign with no initial outlay. For someone starting out in internet marketing this service is hard to beat.
ProsFree to open your account and gather up to 2000 subscribers, making this service hard to beat for entrepreneurs to get started in email marketing. Very simple to use and understand.
ConsA little more Wordpress integration would be very welcome and the selection of sign up forms is a little limited.

By Benchmark on July 10, 2018
Hello Mike! Thanks for the review. Our free account allows startups to test the waters with email marketing to prove it's success without spending a dime! In regards to Wordpress, have you tried our plugin? You can find it by searching for "Benchmark Email Lite" in Wordpress. If you would like to see improvements on the plugin, please don't hesitate to reach out with your suggestions. We'd love to hear your ideas.
July 8, 2018
Gavin W.
Sales & Marketing
November 7, 2017

“Love our experience with Benchmark so far!”

ProsWe love how easy it is to build emails in benchmark. The drag and drop editor is perfect for our newsletters.
ConsWould love to see more customization options in the drag and drop editor. It can be difficult to match emails to your branding with the font and font weight options.Would love to see more customization options in the drag and drop editor. It can be difficult to match emails to your branding with the font and font weight options.

By Benchmark on November 10, 2017
Gavin, Thanks for the review and sharing your experience with others :) . In regards to matching fonts with your brand, I know it can be a pain sometimes, specially since we only show web-friendly fonts and styles. You are able to make custom font changes if you play with the HTML code though. Here is a quick blog that can help you with that: https://www.psd2html.com/blog/non-web-fonts.html
November 7, 2017
Information Technology and Services, 51-200 employees
May 23, 2019

“Cost effective and easy to use”

ProsIt's very simple to create your own images and templates. Other software applications that we used in the past didn't give us the formatting flexibility that we wanted. This is very user friendly.
ConsSometimes we have a hard time with text being formatted oddly - especially if you copy and paste verbiage from another program.

Hi, Thanks for your feedback. - Benchmark Team
Kristin A.
Brand Manager
Retail, 201-500 employees

“Benchmark review”

OverallOur company has had an over good experience with Benchmark!
ProsThe drag and drop editing ability makes it easy to build templates.
ConsThe contact list upload can be hit or miss. Sometimes lists are uploaded, reviewed but then show no contacts without a stated reason.

By Benchmark on June 5, 2019
Hello Kristin, Thank you for the review. Chat with us whenever you have a concern about a feature. We'll gladly assist you. - Benchmark Team
David E.
Creative Technologist
Banking, 501-1000 employees

“GOOD TOOL FOR MAILS”

ProsVery easy to use. A lot of grids. You can make an email insert images, documents in few minutes.
ConsMore grids and a liitle program to format images will be fine

By Benchmark on May 31, 2019
Hello David, Thanks for your high rating. We're always working on improving our features. Image editor is one of them. - Benchmark Team
Kara C.
Marketing
Retail, 11-50 employees
May 23, 2019

“Benchmark Email for small business”

ProsVery easy to use, especially to take a previous email and update with current content.
ConsSometimes graphics/image restrictions can alter your images.

By Benchmark on May 31, 2019
Hello Kara, Thank you for your feedback. Images are a big part of Email Marketing campaigns, we're working on always providing the best experience. Let us know when these restrictions are affecting you. - Benchmark Team
Larry J. V.
Marketing Specialist
Publishing, 201-500 employees

“Benchmark works for me”

OverallOverall a wonderful email platform to use.
ProsLove Benchmark! Very easy to create new emails and very useful templates.
ConsNeed to be able to move items around better, sometimes white spaces appear.

By Benchmark on May 31, 2019
Hello Larry, Thank you for the high rating. If you ever see white spaces again, let us know, we have a couple of tips to get rid of those empty blocks. - Benchmark Team
Consumer Goods, 11-50 employees
August 21, 2018

“I recommended Benchmark to a friend today!”

OverallThis is a great option for low-budget/no-budget marketing teams!
ProsI think it is SO much more user-friendly than other email services. In general, it's drag and drop and extremely flexible. You can do quite a bit with a no-cost version, including more emails per month than I could ever use.
ConsI would like more image storage for the level I use.
August 21, 2018
Mandy R.
June 20, 2017

“Easy to Use”

ProsIt was pretty easy to use. I liked the variety of templates and the reports were very useful. I like the sign up forms.
ConsI didn't understand the segments. I switched back to my old email list because I was more familiar with it and it tied in with some other items that I needed to do with my website, specifically the landing pages.

By Benchmark on July 13, 2017
Hello Mandy, Thanks for the feedback! In regards to the segments, I would love to understand your current workflow to see if we can help you with our segments. I know changing to a new interface can sometimes be a challenge but I'm sure with a few tips of guidance you can be a segmenting pro in Benchmark! Please let us know if you would like to setup a call to understand your workflow and see what we can do in your Benchmark account. Thanks! - Daniel Miler
June 20, 2017
Marvin B.
Director of operations
Marketing and Advertising, Self-employed

“Great product”

OverallThe biggest benefit to me is being able to let the actions of my list determine which offers are sent to them. Great business booster
ProsAutomation pro is among the best things to happen to email marketing. Setting up "if/then' sequences does wonders for my campaigns
ConsNothing at all that I can think of.

By Benchmark on July 10, 2019
We are very happy to receive your positive feedback! Automation Pro was designed to help our customers save time and money when running campaigns. We are pleased it has helped boost your business. - Benchmark Team
John R.
Social Chair and web master
Hospitality, 1-10 employees
May 31, 2019

“Great Email list server”

Overallgreat
ProsEasy for me to set up emails to my membership, the schedule feature is great
ConsThere are some people who get blocked, I wish there was a better way to fix the bounce problems

By Benchmark on June 5, 2019
Hello John, Thanks for your feedback. Chat with us about the bounce problems, we'd like to offer you a solution if possible. - Benchmark Team