Survey Methods Ratings

Overall

About Survey Methods

SurveyMethods is much more than a survey tool. Their power toolset includes easy-to-use Online Survey Software, Polls, Event Registration & Management Software, Email Newsletters, and very powerful Data Analysis tools. What sets SurveyMethods apart is that the tools are intuitive and very easy to use. SurveyMethods is used by the largest Fortune 500 companies, government organizations, and also small businesses and individuals. Non-profit organizations can apply for significant discounts. Learn more about Survey Methods

Jenny C.
Academic Director
Education Management, 11-50 employees
May 11, 2017

“Survey Methods is a user-friendly and comprehensive survey tool generating easy-to-read results.”

OverallUsing Survey Methods, our school was able to disperse questionnaires to all stakeholders of our community, and to use the data collected and analyzed through the software to further our organization's visions and goals. It was an essential tool for us during our school's accreditation process, and we relied heavily on the software to collect the necessary information for our school to successfully get accredited. Survey Methods provides free services for educational purposes, and this aspect of its giving back to the larger community is definitely worth praising. We have worked with Survey Methods for more than 5 years and find that the company continues to add features to make this tool ever the more useful and easy-to-use. It's very user-friendly and intuitive in its application. I highly recommend this tool to anyone who frequently has the need to conduct surveys.
ProsIt is relatively easy and intuitive to set up questionnaires in Survey Methods, which provides options of anonymity of the interviewees. One feature that I especially like is that it allows you to download the results in various formats so that you can easily analyze the data collected. In addition, there are various types of charts and graphs for data display which makes publishing the results a very simple process.
May 11, 2017
Andy P.
Primary/Secondary Education, 51-200 employees
May 12, 2017

“Surveymethods is a very powerful and full featured survey program. We use it regularly.”

OverallSurveymethods allows us to evaluate our administration, our school services, major proposals requiring customer (parent) or staff input, and review the results in easy to digest reports, or with MS Excel. We think it does really well, and respondents generally find it easy to use.
ProsSurveyMethods has a lot of capabilities and flexibility. We use it for staff and customer (parent) feedback, evaluations, student data gathering projects, staff opinion gathering for major decisions. We like that we can put together many different types of questions for various situations, and receive the data in several different formats (word, pdf, xls, etc). It allows us to do surveys that target specific people via email and remind them as many times as we want if they haven't responded. It also allows us to categorize responses by department, and many more subdivisions if needed. I'm fairly sure we don't use all of its capabilities but we really appreciate all of the functionality we use.
ConsWe've been using the software for at least 6 years now, and we find the interface relatively intuitive. For new users, we do have to get them acquainted with the key features and controls, which are many. I wouldn't say this is a complaint because this is to expected from a program that allows a lot of customization, output variables, confidentiality settings, outreach settings, etc.
Debra B.
Coordinator
June 22, 2019

“Great survey tool for nonprofit organization”

OverallAs a small nonprofit, we use the software for registration for meetings and doing surveys to get input from people who participate in our activities. It is very important to have a tool that is simple for the end user to complete and for the administrator to implement and get reports. I have found that it is a superior tool to the Constant Contact service that we use to have.
ProsSurvey Methods is easy to use and provides great reports that are easy to generate.
ConsI haven't found any negatives with the software.

By Survey Methods on August 29, 2019
Thanks for the feedback Debra! We are happy that the application is working well for you but please don't hesitate to reach out with any suggestions or questions.
June 22, 2019
Juvy M.
Grade 8 ELA Teacher
December 18, 2018

“Survey Methods is a software that changes the way surveys should be conducted.”

OverallThis software makes survey conducted in simple yet effective manner. Without this software, I think survey is tedious and time-consuming. Thank you for the developer of this software, alas surveying is both fulfilling and satisfying.
ProsSurvey methods is an online software tool that makes research surveys for my students interesting and dynamic. It is really an amazing survey mechanism that provides easy to use graphical user interface in flexible manner. It helps me as a teacher to make sound academic decisions based on the results of the surveys conducted. I like also the results of the surveys presented in different chart forms. Survey methods makes surveys simple, easy, enjoyable and responsive. I could definitely say that this software changes the way survey gets done.
ConsSurvey methods generates reports instantly, perfectly and accurately and so there is no reason not to like this software. It is the only software I rely whenever I conduct a survey and for me it has no features that I don't like.
December 18, 2018
HS C.
Consultant
May 10, 2017

“I've used others, but SurveyMethods has stayed my favorite. Personal and quick tech support!”

OverallEasy to use to create surveys, easy to launch and distribute, easy to analyze data, can download directly to slides, affordable, but #1 is their personal, quick, and helpful tech support has been there for me. They have helped me problem question format as well as any other technical issue. Even when I have the "duh" stupid questions they are patient and helpful. I feel like I have a personal working relationship with them and that can't be beat.
ProsThe technical support is key for me; it is awesome. Pricing is also good. Options for templates is helpful. Choices for question format is helpful including some complex formats. Easy to analyze and manipulate the data, especially with the download to excel.
ConsI wish the skip logic was skip to question, rather than skip to page. But that isn't really a big deal to work with.
Todd L.
Associate Executive Director
May 12, 2017

“Survey Methods has made it possible for us to assess and address the needs of our community”

ProsSurvey Methods has a very user friendly interface. I can develop an extensive survey and have it launched in a matter of minutes. I can customize every aspect of the survey, including the message that users see before and following completion of the survey. The reporting options are phenomenal. I personally prefer the pdf reports that I can email directly out to my staff and board for their review and discussion. The ability to publish results that can be monitored in real time has been extremely useful for my team.
ConsI have not experienced any needs that I have that has not already been addressed by Survey Methods..
Andy P.
January 10, 2018

“Easy to use survey software with strong analytical tools”

OverallWe have used this for a large variety of information gathering needs. We survey parents about their experience in our school. We conduct board and staff surveys to evaluate their work experience and the work of our administration. Students use the survey to learn the basics of online survey approaches. When we have a meeting to schedule with somewhat complicated parameters, we use Survey Methods.
ProsIntuitive interface. Offers many survey question methods, ranging from the simplest input to more involved, responses allowing scoring and multi factor correlation. Strong, graphically-oriented reporting options Transfers data easily to MSWord, PDF, Excel for further analysis. Various confidentiality options. Allows categorization of email respondents. Allows many style templates. Allows quick vs. more involved editing of questions.
ConsBecause of the many features offered, the program can take a bit of time to explain to other employees. This is to be expected, however, from any program.
January 10, 2018
Carol A.
Lecturer in Health Sciences
Higher Education, Unspecified
November 6, 2017

“Excellent product supported by excellent customer service.”

OverallCreating surveys has never been easier and editing is so simple. Being able to copy and share the surveys saves time and also allows me to monitor how students are progressing.
ProsVery intuitive and easy to use. Students require no additional teaching before using it for themselves Very good range of questions types and with the ability for answers to be coded to enable data analysis in other statistical packages. Anonymity feature. Excellent customer service.
ConsMinor niggles only. Finding the option to export the data is not intuitive. It would be useful to have the option to choose how answers are coded, especially when using academically validated questionnaires.
November 6, 2017
Omowunmi E.
Dean of 6th Form
May 10, 2017

“This software has enabled my school to collect and analyse data with ease”

ProsIt is easy to create questionnaires either from scratch or by copying an existing questionnaire. The option of making the responses anonymous is also great . The results of analysis is presented simply with diagrams and can be shared via e-mails. Questionnaires can be resent with ease and it is possible to prevent multiple responses from one respondent. New features are added from time to time.
ConsWhen questionnaires are being launched, each e-mail has to be entered on a different line. This makes the process slow if the the addresses were copied and pasted as one would need to go through to ensure that only one address is on each line.
Lucien Paul S.
Non-Profit Organization Management, 11-50 employees
May 12, 2017

“Easy to use, powerful analysis, and professional reports”

OverallWe can easily evaluate how we're doing operationally and share high quality reports with funders and potential funders. It makes a big difference for us.
ProsI've used all kinds of survey products over the years, from very basic to super sophisticated/expensive. I've been using SurveyMethods for several years now - mainly to do our customer satisfaction surveys. It's really easy to construct even complex surveys. Pushing them out via email, web or even in paper form is easy too, as is data entry. Once all the results are in, it's also been a doddle to create good looking, professional reports, suitable not simply for internal use but for our various funders and potential funders. On the rare occasions when I've wanted more analysis, I've been able to export the data and crunch away at it to my heart's content. If someone wanted a recommendation for survey s/w or service, I'd certainly suggest SurveyMethods. It's good stuff.
Chris B.
May 12, 2017

“Surveys are extremely easy to set up and launch.”

OverallThis software has helped our organization grow quickly and get animals adopted.
ProsEase of use. Walk through process to set up a survey. Support is very friendly and helpful. Survey results are emailed right to us quickly.
Logistics and Supply Chain, 51-200 employees
July 2, 2019

“Great tool for easily gathering customer feedback”

OverallIf you're looking for an easy-to-use survey solution, SurveyMethods is the best option I've come across. Highly recommended
ProsWe signed up and launched our customer survey in a matter of hours. The email import tool worked perfectly and I especially like the advanced email lists, which allowed us to send custom surveys to each recipient. Solid functionality at a very good price compared to the other solutions out there.
ConsWe would like to be able to use a custom URL using our company name. I discussed it with their customer support and it is supposed to be in the works but it's not available yet.

By Survey Methods on August 29, 2019
Thank you for the feedback! We are working on the custom URL feature and should have it available for Professional and Enterprise users towards the end of this year.
July 2, 2019
Dan F.
Management Consulting, 1-10 employees
August 22, 2019

“Great Product”

OverallWe started using this product when we shifted some business to business from phone to online. This was about 2000. For international research, printed, available at any time surveys are the way to go.
ProsThis product works similarly to most of the survey products. Its less expensive and it has excellent service. There are people you can reach to address issues.
ConsThere are no real issues that we have found.

By Survey Methods on August 29, 2019
Thank you for the feedback! We will continue to work on improving the product and we look forward to helping you meet your survey needs!
August 22, 2019
Julie P.
Public Information Officer
Education Management, 1001-5000 employees
December 12, 2017

“We love the ease of use in designing and sending surveys to compile information quickly.”

OverallQuick responses that help us effectively help in making decisions that will benefit our school district.
ProsVery easy for employees to learn and create surveys, and to personalize for different departments and their respondents.
ConsAt times not getting a person at the other end of customer support and having to leave a voicemail, however that is very minor in the big scheme of things because we do finally get our questions answered and able to come to an effective work solution.
December 12, 2017
Jerome P.
Department Chair
Medical Practice, 51-200 employees
May 12, 2017

“More feature laden then Survey Monkey.”

OverallIt is used to regularly gather information from a staff that is spread across the entire city in a dozen different clinics
ProsHighly customizable interface. Features laid out in a thoughtful way. I have regularly recommended this software as the most intuitive to use.
Conspreview can be awkward, but that may be more due to unfamiliarity with the interface. As users get more familiar with the product, it becomes much easier to use
Rachel D.
Associate Professor, Psychology
July 14, 2017

“best online survey product I've tried!”

ProsSurvey Methods has excellent customer service and provides a free education account for our research. The anonymous feature allows us to collect data securely and in accordance with institutional ethical standards. The interface is easy for faculty and students to use and requires minimal to now training for student projects.
July 14, 2017
Bill S.
Marketing Director
September 18, 2018

“Survey Methods Exceeds Our Expectations!”

OverallI'm the marketing director for a school. I often send out surveys to our educators and students. This tool makes the process of creating and managing these surveys a breeze. We can't recommend it enough.
ProsIt is easy to use and understand. The learning curve is very short with this survey tool.
ConsNothing. It exceeds our expectations for every survey we've ever done.
September 18, 2018
Real Estate, 11-50 employees
June 19, 2019

“Perfect solution for tenant surveys”

OverallGreat service, setup was a breeze and we will use them for our annual tenant survey for the foreseeable future. Highly recommend if you're looking for a simple, affordable solution.
ProsWe put together a tenant survey with their software in a matter of days. Super easy to use and we were able to get actionable results quickly using the advanced reporting module.
ConsInterface is a little dated but it does everything we need it to do.

By Survey Methods on August 29, 2019
Thank you for the feedback! We are working on refreshing the look and feel of the interface and hope that you like what you see when we roll it out. Please let us know if you have any additional feedback or questions.
June 19, 2019
Michelle F.
May 15, 2017

“The web site is excellent and very easy to use.”

ProsI like that the surveys are very easy to create and easily duplicated for new needs. The surveys are easily launched from the site or via url.
ConsThe analyze survey results page is a little bit hard to maneuver sometimes to figure out how to get the report results that you're looking for.
Kimberly B.
Mental Health Care, 51-200 employees
June 12, 2017

“Very positive software, easy to use, and effective”

ProsWe enjoy the reports and different ways to analyze the data. This has been really helpful for our staff and board.
ConsWe have some difficulties with sharing the reports with our team as after we launch the report the weblink is quickly no longer active.
June 12, 2017
Robert P.
President Elect
Higher Education, 1001-5000 employees
May 12, 2017

“Wery useful tool that allows you to create a final product in a quick and efficient manner. ”

ProsSurvey methods is very easy to use and proves a quick setup. The export of data is easy to understand and useful for reporting.
ConsIt would be useful if the logic had the ability to be more complex. I would also love the ability to brand the survey a bit more with graphics of varying sizes.
Marilyn B.
February 1, 2018

“I depend upon SurveyMethods to deliver secure and anonymous surveys. Love your product!”

OverallThe greatest benefit is being able to confidently tell others that we conduct secure and anonymous elections.
ProsIt can be anonymous, plus the survey can be re-sent to those not yet responding. This means we get a better overall response to the survey.
February 1, 2018
Mary P.
Management Consulting, 1-10 employees
August 21, 2019

“Excellent customer service”

OverallI am offering salary surveys to my clients, and I can customize them to each client, and be assured that I have great support from the company.
ProsIntuitive, easy design and functionality.
ConsStill adding new features that will help address my few concerns.

By Survey Methods on September 6, 2019
Thank you for the positive feedback Mary! We're happy you've had a good experience using the application and we look forward to building features to meet your needs in the future.
August 21, 2019
Patrick H.
Director of Counseling Services
October 12, 2017

“Very positive and great software to collect data in a profession way.”

OverallData collection, survey storage, easily access data, able to copy surveys.
ProsLove the options, ease of use, and skip logic. There are a variety of ways to collect data and send surveys out. I also like that there are few limitations with professional. Superior to others and there is a non-profit option for schools.
ConsMy only recommendation would be a little more versatility on the header graphics when setting up surveys.
October 12, 2017
Dawn A.
Business Manager
May 10, 2017

“Survey Methods is an easy program to use with great features.”

ProsWe like it because of its ease of setup and use. It allows us to survey our staff, parents, and students.
Nancy R.
webmaster/survey coordinator
July 9, 2017

“Easy to create surveys with flexible, additional features.”

ProsThe ease of creating the questionnaires. There is lots of assistance on creating proper survey questions.
ConsThe reports are not at intuitive as I would like. There are multiple steps to creating the report I want, and I have to rethink the process each time.
July 9, 2017
Robert S.
September 19, 2018

“Survey Methods Survey”

OverallCommunication with the organization was always very responsive, without having to go over the issue time after time.
ProsThe software is put together very well and is easy to use. Especially for me, because I am a novice with regards to survey software. It has good templates and they are to the point of a survey.
ConsI have not found any issues that concerned me.
September 19, 2018
Ralph L.
Manager, IMIT and professional development
Hospital & Health Care, 11-50 employees
May 15, 2017

“Great software providing professional results. We would not consider using anything else.”

OverallUseful feedback from members about our products, services and events. We use this to improve what we provide and to assist in creating new products and services that are relevant to members.
ProsRange of question types. Reporting options. Customizable welcome and thank you screens. Response tracking. Options to export to multiple formats. Easy analysis. Great graphs. Easy for non-technical staff to use.
Jack D.
Head of Middle School
May 15, 2017

“Survey methods is easy to use and provides professional analysis of your data.”

OverallThis product makes survey management simple and professional.
ProsThe ease to send out surveys, using the deployment method you choose. The built in choices give a lot of flexibility enabling you to send the survey with the best possible design.
ConsThere seem to be some restrictions in the reports. I often use the export feature to do further analysis in Excel.
Brian M.
Vice President
Hospital & Health Care, 10,001+ employees
Used the software for: I used a free trial
June 24, 2019

“Love Survey Methods - Highly Recommend”

OverallGreat option for anonymous employee surveys. Survey Methods delivered exactly what they agreed to and it was even ahead of schedule. Highly recommend this product
ProsSurvey Methods was very easy to setup and it was highly customize-able to my needs. Very good price
ConsNone. I experienced an issue but the customer service was top notch and address the issue and we had a resolution immediately

By Survey Methods on August 29, 2019
Thank you for the feedback! We enjoyed working on your project and look forward to the next one!
June 24, 2019
Miriam T.
Research analyst
Research, 1001-5000 employees
October 5, 2019

“Excellent tool”

OverallWe used if to survey employees and volunteers on satisfaction and also for participants.
ProsIt's really easy to learn , not a steep learning curve. We use it across the board and makes surveying very simple and not tedious like it used to be.
ConsJust like any program you do need someone to show you the ropes but it's quite simple and you can get away learning by yourself.
October 5, 2019