MatchMaker FundRaising Software Ratings

Overall

About MatchMaker FundRaising Software

Simplify fundraising, enhance donor stewardship, and raise more money using MatchMaker's comprehensive features. Manage special events, membership, donor appeals and campaigns, gift tracking, volunteer and grant tracking and more. Queried information can be used in its totality or further filtered to produce any of 135 plus reports or to generate numerous mailing/output formats. Put the fun back in fundraising with a solution supported by an experienced team that cares about you. Learn more about MatchMaker FundRaising Software

Lindsey B.
Hospital & Health Care, 1-10 employees
June 6, 2017

“MMFRS is a robust system that covers all the bases. ”

OverallMMFRS is amazing. The product is great, the customer service is the BEST I've ever seen, regardless of industry. MatchMaker makes it easy for me to do more meaningful fundraising work, rather than being stuck in the office doing paperwork. It makes a lot of the "back office" tasks take a quarter of the time they once did, freeing me up for other things. I couldn't give them a more glowing recommendation - they have consistently worked with me on any issue, even helping develop organization-specific data entry - making it work even more efficiently and effectively for my organization.
Pros1. The system is easy to navigate: you can easily find your way through the system. 2. It's so easy to enter meaningful data. The fields are usable, and you can add infinite custom fields to make it work specifically for your organization or scope. 3. The customer service is the best around. I can't think a single vendor or company that compares in terms of customer service. They are amazing - you get a real person on the phone 98 times out of 100; when you don't, you leave a message, and they call back within an hour. I can't say enough about the team they have! 4. It's everything in one place: donor management, pledge management, gift tracking, grant tracking, volunteers, events, mailings and donor contact, and so much more. you get the whole program, without having to "add on" functionality to make it work. 5. It is a miracle worker for small non-profits - it does so much, and is very affordable. It's like having another person in the office, without the cost of one.
Cons1. I always forget the steps to set up a tribute. Literally - that's my only complaint. User error. I get started on a gift, realize I haven't set up the admin side appropriately and have to back track. I wish there were a shortcut.
Lynn S.
Finance/Personnel/Membership Manager
Non-Profit Organization Management, 11-50 employees
May 23, 2017

“Matchmaker makes my job so much easier!”

OverallIt is fast, efficient, practical and makes my job so much easier.
ProsImagine running reports on just about any aspect of your income, projects, events, with just a few clicks of your mouse! And ready made reports geared specifically for your business! Oh, and the always available customer service and training options when you are venturing into more complex and uncharted territory! Oh and the amazingly easy task of sending everyone in your Matchmaker program and email! But wait, there is more! You can track income for specific projects, create a simple mailing by auto-filling the information into one template, printing all of the letters AND envelopes and boom! mail them! It even gives you a zip code analysis if you need it for non-profit bulk mail! Oh, I can't even BEGIN to tell you how many functions this software allows because we don't even utilize it to the fullest of its potential! This software has that can make your business practices so much faster!
Mary C.
Non-Profit Organization Management, Self-employed
June 4, 2017

“MatchMaker FundRaising Software is a fundamental aspect of my small business.”

OverallStrategic donor management and a great product for the value.
ProsMatchMaker Fundraising Software customer service is second to none in availability, response time and solutions generated. The variety and ease of searches, reporting and donor correspondence provide strategic donor management. Event management combines the multiple aspects of any event and delivers a seamless tracking from start to finish.
ConsInitially, queries were difficult to grasp. Trial and error lead to some frustrating results; however, the training workshops specific to this aspect have been invaluable to my understanding and use of queries .
June 4, 2017
Tina S.
May 24, 2017

“I have used Match Maker for 12 + years & it meets the needs of our nonprofit organization.”

ProsThe customer service and attention to client needs is one of the best I have ever encountered. They are always available - immediately!! and provide the technical support we need without delay and if they need to get back to us - they do. Their staff is professional, competent and very knowledgeable. I cannot praise them enough. I like the availability of regular training as well as their written communication and newsletter.
ConsWe have been a bit frustrated with the "event function" - does not meet a few of our specialized needs.
Marcia F.
Donor Manager/Grant Writer
May 24, 2017

“Matchmaker offers a non-profit a beneficial software program and efficient support staff. ”

ProsThe software is easy to learn. A non-profit can really benefit from the Matchmaker reports and information that can be generated. Long range future planning can be implemented by utilizing the information that is at your fingertips. At our organization we have multiple users, but I am the person who uses it most.
ConsIt will give me critical error messages that I don't understand, but I don't worry about it. I thought formulating a query in matchmaker was a little tricky. It took me awhile to learn this.
Hannah C.
Development and Membership Coordinator
Museums and Institutions, 1-10 employees
May 23, 2017

“Overall great customer experience, lacking ”

ProsThe customer service could not be better! The people at MatchMaker headquarters took the time to walk me through each question to make sure I was comfortable with the answer and could duplicate the process again when needed. my rep was a wealth of knowledge and really understands how to make MatchMaker work for so many different needs.
ConsAt times difficult to bring in information from online Qgiv connection ( have found work arounds) It is very basic in the way of presentation (although you do not need all the bells and design whistles that some of the other softwares have) The reports seem very useful, but I am still waiting on a list of when to use what report.
David C.
June 6, 2017

“We have been using this software for for over 10 years and it meets our needs successfully.”

ProsCustomer service is responsive and personal. We can call any time and any issues are resolved quickly. Once training is completed, the software is easy to use. The software is very good value for the amount we pay.
ConsNot the most glamorous product available but this is reflected in the price. Some actions in the software require multiple cumbersome procedures but this does not detract from overall benefits. The software could be more intuitive.
Jordan B.
Communications Specialist
Health, Wellness and Fitness, 201-500 employees
February 20, 2018

“MatchMaker software is user friendly and their customer service is beyond excellent!”

OverallThis software is what keeps the foundation moving as a well oiled machine. The organization and the reports available help us to maintain but to also stay in touch with our donors and expand our reach.
ProsThe organization and the capabilities that this software offers. The reports are very helpful in keeping our Foundation organized.
ConsI wish we had the capability to store some of the documents and images within the constituents profiles for record keeping.
Kim O.
Exec Asst to the President and CEO
Hospital & Health Care, 201-500 employees
March 6, 2018

“Even though I was new to MatchMaker, the support staff had me up and running in no time!”

OverallLifeStream is beginning to expand their donor communication strategy and MatchMaker makes this process easier. Extracting the data in different reports lets us learn more about our donors and how we can best serve them in their efforts to support us.
ProsMatchMaker has lots of great features. One of my favorite is the Rapid Transaction Entry feature. It allows me to enter similar gifts from a number of different donors very easily and quickly. It is a great time-saver.
ConsIt's hard to find the "cons" with the software as most of my limitations are due to a lack of knowledge and experience with the product. Once I learn how to do something, it becomes fairly easy to extract the data we need. That said, it would be nice to be able to edit an automated gift...
March 6, 2018
Sara B.
Administrative Assistant
Non-Profit Organization Management, 1-10 employees
February 20, 2018

“I like the software and its ease of use. I was able to learn the software fairly quick.”

OverallIt's easy to track donors and keep them all in one easy to use program.
ProsIt is easy to run reports. My boss asks for certain reports to have specific information on them. I can usually find the right report to run in minimal time. It's user friendly. I was new to this program and found it very easy to use.
ConsLagging, where it won't load and then just closes out completely. Wish I could unpost a batch myself instead of having to call in. I wish there were more options in the reports area that way I wouldn't have to create so many queries.
Sasa M.
Fund Development Specialist
Non-Profit Organization Management, 11-50 employees
May 23, 2017

“MatchMaker FundRaising Software is a multi-functional, easy to use fundraising software. ”

OverallDonor and event management.
ProsThe very fast, helpful and friendly service from the developers of MatchMaker. It is a true product of fundraising experience and innovation built to enhance user experience. Functionality of reporting changes based on user feedback and is integrated in the updated versions of software.
ConsWhen entering information, you have to pay close attention to details in order to produce specific queries and mailings. Reports sometime require extra steps to detail results you are looking for.
Kayte V.
Development Manager
May 26, 2017

“Easy to use and amazing customer service! ”

ProsI love that this software was designed by a fundraiser. This makes it easy to use and easy to understand! MatchMaker has the best customer service and I love that I can speak with a person anytime I have a question.
ConsQueries can be difficult in the beginning. I have found the more I use them they become easier to create.
May 26, 2017
Danielle W.
Secretary
May 23, 2017

“I have used the Matchmaker Software for the past 6 years. It is easy to to use and navigate.”

ProsI like that it is easy to look constituents up by different attributes. I also like that I can rapid post a gift that is received from the constituents.
ConsWhat I least like about the software is that I can't search for the middle names or birth names (as in maiden names).
Jodi H.
February 27, 2012

OverallI have been a client of MatchMaker Fundraising Software for nearly 10 years. One of the reasons I was drawn to MatchMaker was Diana's 30+ years of experience in fundraising; she has developed software that has components a fundraiser needs. Additionally, MatchMaker is a great value and an investment that I know will continue to work for me - the client. I have used both versions of MatchMaker - Standard and Enterprise. Both have suited my needs, but I love the features Enterprise offers that will make it possible to expand and grow our organization. Implementing MatchMaker was easy; it was just a matter of sending the data and within a short period of time, we were up and running. Online training makes it possible to keep current with the software updates and professional topics that help with fundraising in general. The professional, knowledgeable and personable staff is always available to assist with questions and is open to suggestions for new features within the system. For someone who is not very computer savvy, the software is very easy to use. It is set up logically, provides helpful reports, and timely updates. During the last several months, we have been running a $600,000 capital campaign. The Campaign feature of the software has made it possible to maintain up-to-the-minute progress and keep the momentum going. One of the outcomes of the campaign has been the number of new donors. We will be able to grow our organization over the next several years through the number of people we have touched through this campaign.
February 27, 2012
Sara S.
Fund and Business Development Coordinator
Non-Profit Organization Management, 201-500 employees
May 30, 2017

“Timely and customer oriented with great results!”

OverallBetter organized data and contact information with ability to more strategically meet fundraising goals!
ProsThe availability of client services and step by step directions to achieve fundraising goals. Ease of access to other integrated software like Microsoft Word, Excel and Constant Contact.
ConsCan be difficult to understand how to work each function to the maximum usage for best results and more organized data collection.
May 30, 2017
Laura R.
Administrative Assistant
Hospital & Health Care, 51-200 employees
February 20, 2018

“I have been entering data, writing queries, pulling reports, etc. using MatchMaker since 2006.”

ProsI can ALWAYS count on customer support via email or telephone! "Rapid transaction entry" of donations is so helpful.
ConsThere are some features I fumble using; writing queries, recalling where to edit lists or amend codes.
Betty N.
Director of Marketing & Development
Hospital & Health Care, 51-200 employees
June 6, 2017

“Excellent support staff and understanding of the non-profit industry.”

OverallBetter reports, less time entering gifts, better tracking of donors.
ProsThe software is so much easier to used than what had been in place for many years. It is "logical" in the way you can perform the day to day tasks, adding new donors "on the fly". It is obvious the developer knows what a non-profit fundraiser needs to complete the tasks on hand.

By Heritage Designs on June 6, 2017
If the zip code is in the software, it will auto-fill the city and state. If the zip code is new to the software, the city and state will need to be entered the first time.
Melinda H.
Assistant to the Dean for Community Engagement
Education Management, 501-1000 employees
February 22, 2018

“MatchMaker is a great product for us; we manage both donors and customers seamlessly.”

OverallWe've been able to manage our customer database with our donor database.
ProsThe customer service is great! I get fast responses and personalized help. I also appreciate the webinars. I'm not able to use the product on a daily basis, thus I forget all the steps to do something, so I call for help regularly.
ConsThe graphics are a little outdated and the report titles are not always intuitive enough for me to find what I need quickly.
February 22, 2018
Pam B.
Director of Development
February 20, 2018

“A great program to use!!! ”

ProsIt is a very simply process to creat the type of report you are looking for. The report is very easy to read and obtain information.
ConsAt times, I have to look a little harder to find what I am in need of. System could be just a little more user friendly.
Shannon B.
Senior Administrative Assistant
May 24, 2017

“The customer support is outstanding!”

ProsI like that it tracks table assignments to prevent overselling an event. I like the help menu and really like the quick response time to any questions.
ConsI'm a new user and still learning. I believe once I have the framework set up I'll be more savvy to all that it can do.
Rob B.
Civic & Social Organization, 1-10 employees
January 18, 2018

“The best Donor Management Software”

ProsThis software does everything you could want it to do and then some! It allows you to fully house all required information about a donor that you'd need such as their contact information, giving history, etc. It is the most advanced software I have ever used to date.
ConsI don't know of any! I love this software! The only one I could think of, If I really had to pick one, would be, is the learning curve. It does take a little while to fully learn how to use the program.
January 18, 2018
Lorna O.
Bookkeeper
Non-Profit Organization Management, 51-200 employees

“Great support.”

ProsThe software is easy to work with. The quick support we have received is awesome and very explanatory. Thanks for all you do.
ConsSometimes I can't find a constituent when I do the search but I know a person is in the system. Other than that, I don't really have any issues.
Sara D.
Development & Marketing Associate
March 1, 2018

“MMFRS has streamlined all the admin task and allow me to focus on meaningful fundraising.”

ProsMatchMaker has the best customer service. Any question you have you can pick up the phone and they are always so friendly, patient and helpful! The software is very easy to use!
ConsThe graphics are a little outdated. I also wish I could further customize the reports and their formats as they are not always intuitive enough for what I need.
March 1, 2018
Michelle M.
Executive Assistant
Executive Office, 51-200 employees
May 23, 2017

“MatchMaker helps us stay on track!”

OverallThis software helps us stay on track with our donors.
ProsMatchMaker has thought of every possible entry that might need to made. Their customer support goes above and beyond. They are always willing to help!
ConsSome things can not be changed by the users. That being said, I know if something is in the database that needs to be corrected the staff with MatchMaker would go in and make the correction for you.
Stephanie M.
MFRF/ Minority Veterans Program Coordinator
Government Administration, 11-50 employees
May 23, 2017

“Once you get a handle on the MatchMatcher software, it is very easy and so much more efficient. ”

OverallEfficiency, multiple tasks completed at once, one stop - easy access points
ProsI like the efficiency of the software and the fact that you can accomplish multiple tasks at once without having to switch systems.
ConsMy least favorite thing about MatchMaker is that the system is initially confusing to understand and use.
Mona V.
Director of Community Development
May 23, 2017

“I am a new user to Matchmaker-the customer service is OUTSTANDING! ”

ProsMatchmaker genuinely want to help your company grow and is willing to devote the time to understand YOUR needs. Many great features and training with ongoing webinars so you can utilize the system to the fullest extent.
Richard J.
March 4, 2015

“MatchMatker”

ProsIt's intuitive and easy to use. The value and customer service are good.
ConsMatchMaker does not have an open API for integration.
Recommendations to other buyersResearch reviews online to make an informed decision.
March 4, 2015
Pat G.
3.5/5
2.5/5
November 12, 2014

“Easy to learn”

ProsIt wasn't too hard to learn.
ConsIt takes a while to understand how to move around the system.
Recommendations to other buyersTake your time to check out a variety of software packages.
November 12, 2014
Ashley A.
Director of Development and Communications
Civic & Social Organization, 201-500 employees
July 25, 2018

“Definitely not my favorite”

ProsMatchmaker is used by a lot of nonprofits and the software does what it states, a donor management system. They provide their users with a wealth of tools and resources for success and their customer service department is outstanding.
ConsThe user interface is very outdated and reminds me of MS Access. It also runs very slow and running reports or queries can be very arduous.
July 25, 2018