Sycamore Education Ratings

Overall

About Sycamore Education

Sycamore Education is a 100% cloud-based SIS. Our 21st century pricing means you get one universal system, for one low price. No modules or add-ons. The most comprehensive system on the market, Sycamore INCLUDES: a powerful master scheduler, a robust online admissions portal, integrated payment processing, district functionality, LMS and FREE apps for Android or iPhone. Our support response time is measured in minutes not hours or days. Teachers love our "Chat Live with Support" feature. Learn more about Sycamore Education

February 12, 2019

“Comprehensive Edu Software”

OverallOverall we were happy with Sycamore. I highly recommend them for smaller schools and it may be the right fit for larger schools. I think they just need to evaluate what workflows are most important to them and understand the trade-offs of having a wider than deeper program.
ProsFirst of all, they have excellent customer service. They really are doing their best to help schools succeed. They have great integrations with google, which for us was one of the primary deciding reasons for going with them. They now have a quality app and more features than most programs have for a fraction of the cost. They also have a REST API which is extremely helpful for expanding the potential of the software.
ConsOne of the hard parts about being an educational software is that it is hard to know when to stop developing different features and instead focus on making the features they do have into amazing experiences. IMO Sycamore has a broader instead of deeper development philosophy. This is good for small schools that need a comprehensive solution, but it can be frustrating for schools with more users that end up choosing multiple solutions because the overall experience and depth of usability are better. An example of this is how they have 3 different enrollment/admissions portals that they have tried to develop. Instead of making one amazing, they have tried multiple times. Their most recent one is promising, but still, isn't usable for schools who need all of the features available.
February 12, 2019
Melodye B.
Guidance Counselor
September 7, 2017

“Sycamore enabled us to get into the 21st century by using an online management system. We love it!”

ProsCommunication has increased between parents and teachers as grades can be tracked and paper grades don't get lost. It also has provided accountability in that teachers are posting grades on a more timely basis. It allows consistency between grades and years. The system is very powerful; customer service is probably the most helpful that I have encountered. I love the ability to create transcripts and that these are kept on the system. It tracks attendance much better than we were doing previously. The medical logs have been helpful. Doing online admissions has taken us to a new level as well.
ConsThe system isn't as intuitive as I would like. Because I have worked with it several years, it's much easier now and people end up coming to me to figure out how to do specific things with it. I have been frustrated a bit b/c it doesn't allow for creative flexibility (for instance transcripts don't have a lot of space for extra activities) or for things that aren't the same in different countries. We have worked around a lot of the barriers, and Sycamore has been very helpful to put things on the list of potential fixes.
Jon C.
Director of Operations
Primary/Secondary Education, 51-200 employees
September 8, 2017

“Comprehensive School Information System”

OverallCentralized Student Records and Report Cards. Centralized Calendar and Attendance.
ProsMoving from paper report cards a few years back to centralized report cards and student information through Sycamore has been an excellent transition. Their setup team worked to make it a smooth transition. We probably only use half of its functionality at this point but we saw immediate wins with a centralized calendar, documents and family data. The reporting functionality of the system is also very helpful. As we compared Sycamore to other SIS options, it became clear that it was one of the best values that we researched. The live US based tech support has been outstanding. Every staff person I have talked to knows the system well and has been extremely helpful. I highly recommend Sycamore.
ConsThe user interface can be difficult to navigate sometimes and find the exact feature you are looking for. It is an excellent School Information System (SIS) but we did realize that its functionality around lesson plans and curriculum is very basic.
Lee Ann C.
Administrator
August 29, 2009

“Administrator”

Overall1. I would love to see you all at the Mid-Atlantic Convention in Lancaster PA. 2. I had a new family comment that they were telling a group of people their child was coming to the school. Someone in the group, who does not have a child at our school and we are not sure how they even know about the school, spoke up and said "Well they have Sycamore and it is a wonderful program!". Someone is talking!
Pros1, Very cost effective 2. You are purchasing all that the program has to offer. There are no additional fees for upgrades 3. Customer Service is awesome! Quick to respond, helpful and you can reach them by phone or PAN. 4. Very user friendly 5. HIGH HIGH rate of parent satisfaction with being able to access grades, teachers, one another, etc. All of them rave about the program! 6. Sycamore Leaf keeps us updated 7. Sycamore is always seeking to improve their program 8. PAN - we absolutely LOVE this feature. Our high school classrooms are in "learning cottages" aka trailers - and the teachers are separated. This feature allows all of us to feel so connected!
Cons1, Not too many or serious... we did notice that if you make a change on the family or student information (you have the mother's name wrong ex.) then when you correct it, you cannot do it in just one area, you have to go into multiple areas. 2. We had some issues with the GPA configuration. I did not deal with it, but I know our high school conselor had numerous phone calls and PAN' s to get it figured out properly. For some reason we now have to do something different to get our proper grading. 3. Getting my parents over the learning curve of using the program. It is frustrating to hear them say " We seldom check Sycamore" and in our memos and everything else we keep saying HOW MUCH we put on Sycamore and to check it out. Word of mouth is helping this... I hear parents telling other parents that they really need to use it, or someone asking another how they knew about something and they will say "on Sycamore" .
August 29, 2009
Sharon W.
September 7, 2017

“Sycamore is a great solution for small and medium sized schools. It is very reliable.”

OverallThis database keeps all of our school management information secure and well-organized. There are fields for lots of information and the ability to add custom fields as well. There are features for organizing events, room use, cafeteria management, etc. It does allow teachers to record grades and the grades are then accessible by parents and report cards are easy to generate.
ProsThe support is fantastic. Trouble tickets are answered quickly and phone support is great. The database is securely hosted on-line so it can be accessed anywhere and there is no set-up for a new computer. The cafeteria feature works really well even with 24 teachers entering attendance / lunch orders at the same time. Easy to send batch emails and individual emails to parents.
ConsWe don't use the "pass-a-note" feature very much. Sometimes parents use it and it comes up on the teacher's screen when they log-on in the morning.
Melissa S.
Preschool Director/Teacher
September 19, 2018

“Sycamore Education - Teacher perspective”

OverallThis product is significantly better than what we had been using, but I still feel like there is more we could do with it. I'm not sure if that is an issue on our part or if there is a way that Sycamore can deliver on-going information about the product features.
ProsI like that I can access the program from my computer or my mobile phone. Completing tasks like attendance and lunch counts is so much faster via the app.
ConsOn the computer, there are so many keystrokes to get to where I need to be. For example completing attendance.

By Sycamore Leaf Solutions on September 28, 2018
Thank you for the review. This is a great question: is there a way that Sycamore can deliver on-going information about the product features? Outside of using the System Help, please be looking for Tips and Tricks coming soon! On the Attendance, did you know right when you login, in the upper right there is an icon for Attendance Tracker? Click on it, select your class and submit your attendance! That¿s a great example of the tips and tricks we will be sending out. Have an awesome day, and thank you again for the review. Sycamore Education
September 19, 2018
Kate P.
Academic Administrator
September 15, 2017

“Our school has used Sycamore for years, and each year we continue to utilize new elements in it.”

Overallcentralized data and communication for our whole school on many diffeerent levels: administration and management, staff-wide, with families, with students, and with prospective families/students.
ProsSycamore keeps all our school data in one place so that the office, administration, and teachers can all share information. The more we learn to use it, the more helpful it is for us! I absolutely love the customer support. They respond quickly, kindly, and are always helpful. They are open to suggestions for change, and often we see those changes take place!
ConsWe sometimes call it "clickamore". There are often a lot of steps embedding in a process. That said, there are a lot of shortcuts that I keep learning about that make me like using Sycamore more and more!
September 15, 2017
Paul H.
Dean of Education
September 8, 2017

“We have used Sycamore for about 5 years and are happy with the value for COI.”

ProsI am most happy with the ability to access grades and grading where and when ever I have internet access. I don't need to carry a gradebook or storage device with my grade spreadsheets, like years past. Being able to excuse students from assignments or customize who the assignment is assigned to is invaluable.
ConsThe interface is improving, but feels a day late the the UI/UX game. We started to use the library module when we first setup with Sycamore, but it needs work and features. The lesson planner for teachers should be scrapped and a connection made with Planbook.com. The Scamore planbook makes it hard to move lessons when things happen like fire drills or snow days.
Kami F.
Registrar/Technology Manager
May 1, 2015

“It's the customer service that takes this SIS over the top!”

OverallI have worked with sycamore as a parent, staff member, and super user (software administrator) over the last 7 years. What makes Sycamore work so well, is that it is constantly growing and making enhancements as the needs of it's users grow yet still keeping to the same "feel" and design so that students, parents and teachers don't have to re-learn the software every time there is an enhancement. The software itself is pretty comprehensive and has been easy to use. We have several schools in our district using the software as well, so as parents move from Elementary School to Middle to our High School, they have appreciated not having to learn a new platform, and those that come from outside our district have commented on how easy it was to make the transition. New teachers grasp on to it's layout very quickly. It's hard to really talk about cons, because anytime I have found a quirk or issue, Sycamore has been very receptive to those concerns and actively found a solution or came up with an enhancement. They are always growing the product. Which leads me to their support system and customer service. Most of the time I can find my answers in their Online manual or videos. When I need a bit more help, as a Sycamore Super User, can submit a support ticket any time of day and will get a response within the hour...very very rarely have I not connected with a live person when I have phoned, which I rarely have to do. The support staff is well educated in the software and the nicest people you will ever talk/chat with. As a teacher, you can chat anytime during the school day with a support tech, even just to ask a "where do I find" question...no question is too menial. Overall, you will never find an SIS that meets every schools needs or ways of doing things, so what becomes important is finding an SIS that does the job, is continually growing and advancing, and provides outstanding customer service. This is what Sycamore provides it's customers.
May 1, 2015
Rob L.
June 4, 2019

“Sycamore”

OverallOverall, Sycamore has been a good experience for us, despite its flaws, and it has helped us manage our school.
ProsSycamore does a lot. It can do almost anything you would need a SIS to do, and it has the best google classroom integration of any SIS and LMS out there.
ConsSycamore can be tedious to navigate at times, and some of the design decisions are baffling. It is not easy to figure things out without training.

By Sycamore Leaf Solutions on June 6, 2019
Hello, Rob! Thanks for taking the time to give us an honest, positive review! We really appreciate it! Sycamore continues to listen to our customers and make enhancements based on feedback. We pride ourselves in our product and service, and our support team is readily available to assist. If you ever have any questions( even small ones!), we'd be more than happy to help! Sycamore Education
June 4, 2019
Kris A.
administrator
September 7, 2017

“Sycamore does what we need it to do. The customer service is really what keeps us here.”

OverallGrade/report card preparation is so much easier for our staff. We have a reliable method of communicating with our parents and staff. (We just need to get parents to log in more regularly!)
ProsEasy to use for parents and staff; customer service is the BEST -- quick to respond , servant-minded and very competent.
ConsThere are a few quirks, like only uploading a single photo at a time (unlike something like Facebook where several can be done with a click). We had to go with a different accounting system (Quick Books Online) because we couldn't integrate it with Sycamore. Email is hard to manage at times.
Edward B.
Student Affairs
September 7, 2017

“I'm very happy with the fact that it's like a one stop shop. Has everything we need .”

Overalla lot of things in one place.
ProsThe ability to get and find information that usually had to be found in several locations. As an administrator for this software, I enjoy the ease of creating reports and being able to costomize them. Overall the amount of things you can do with this program is amazing.
ConsThere seems to be too many clicks to get to some things. We have a lot of students who don't always share the same last name as their parent so some times it's hard to connect the two when doing some things.
Dustin H.
Seminarian
September 3, 2019

“Sycamore”

ProsThere are very little pros, except that I easily reached a customer service rep when I needed help with an issue.
ConsI did not like Sycamore as an LMS. I found its interface to be clunky, filled with unnecessary options, and difficult to navigate. For example, to this day, I still have no idea how to create an assignment so that a student can upload there work. Believe me, I tried to figure it out. Eventually I gave up and used another system. The grade book was another problematic feature. At the end of the semester, it does not show final grades computed with the final exam. You have to go into each individual student and look at there "grade report" to see the end computation. I do not recommend this system. There are much better LMS's available.

By Sycamore Leaf Solutions on September 3, 2019
Dustin, You mentioned in the Pros section of your review that customer service was easy to reach. That's great, as we hear this often. A phone call or a Teacher Chat would have cleared these issues up quickly. You would have received instructions on how to use the dropbox for student assignments and also directed to the Help section where there are specific instructions. Regarding your issue with final grades, this is a simple configuration issue. Schools definitely have the ability to see final grades computed with the final exam. Should you use Sycamore in the future, we will gladly help you with your classroom setup. We will also point you to our comprehensive help system with an extensive microlearning library to help you learn all the features of Sycamore at your own pace. We would also recommend that you check out our full integration with Google and Google Classroom it's a great addition to Sycamore School. We wish you well with your seminary classes! -SE
September 3, 2019
Tony R.
Superintendent
January 13, 2010

“Sycamore Education - The Key to a Smooth Running School”

OverallWe are extremely pleased with the quality of the product and the service received from Sycamore. Our transition to Sycamore was smooth and the customer support is clear and responsive. Using Sycamore has revolutionized communication throughout our school community. As an experienced school admnistrator and adjunct college professor, I am extremely pleased with Sycamore Education and am grateful for the opportunity to recommend it to others.
Pros1. Looks and performs professionally for school employees and parents. 2. Provides an excellent platform for ongoing communication between the school and home. 3. Customer support is exceptional. They provide helpful, easy to understand assistance in a timely fashion. 4. Over other web-based programs we've used or reviewed, Sycamore stands out as the best value and highest quality for our money. 5. We've received comments from other schools regarding the professional appearance of our grade cards, transcripts, and other school communication. 6. The Pass-a-Note feature makes communication among the school community easy and quick. 7. We've never experienced any "down time"; Sycamore is always functioning quickly and properly.
Cons1. The user manuals would be more beneficial if they guided the user step-by-step through each process, especially during initial setup. What the user manuals lack, the customer support makes up for!
January 13, 2010
August 22, 2018

“All-around system for schools”

OverallWe used this at a small Christian school and it really helped us streamline our workflows!
ProsI really liked how it integrated grading, communication, and attendance.
ConsThe multiple pop-up windows got annoying after a while. It would be good to integrate some sort of video instruction capabilities where teachers could post information for the students.
August 22, 2018
February 1, 2018

“We've used Sycamore Education for six years. Great product!”

OverallOur old SI system was clunky and slow. Sycamore Education revolutionized our daily workload and processes. Highly recommended for private schools.
ProsEase of use. Customer support. Frequent updates/upgrades. Meets all IS needs for our private school.
ConsGraphics, as well as look & feel could use an update. Wish this product would integrate with our online curriculum.
February 1, 2018
Melissa B.
Director of Educational Technology
September 8, 2017

“Sycamore is a fantastic school management program. ”

OverallIt is so much easier to exchange information between different offices within our school.
ProsCustomer service is AWESOME! They are quick to respond and often make upgrades to the system based on our suggestions.
ConsThere are few features like church attendance and basic checklists within the grade book that I would love to see them add.
Glenda G.
administrative assistant
March 13, 2018

“I use this program for all of our schools grades, student information and accounting.”

ProsI love that it is easy to use and get around to keep my important information all in one place and to keep my accounting up to date.
ConsThat sometimes you have to ask for something to be changed because even as a super user I can not get things added or taken out.
March 13, 2018
Nikki M.
September 7, 2017

“Our school utilizes and loves Sycamore. ”

ProsIt is very user friendly for parents, teachers, students, and support staff. The app that has been created is wonderful.
ConsI wish there would be a way to hide features we do not utilize. Sycamore offers many features for schools to use.
Jon S.
Technology Coordinator
November 2, 2008

“We have been very satisfied with the product and the support.”

OverallWe have been very satisfied with the product and the support. It has met our expectations and beyond. We probably use only half of the features and are excited about the prospects of the implementing and expanding our school's effective using this product.
ProsThe conversion from our previous network-based program went flawlessly. We were up an running within a couple of weeks with the majority of the time just verifying data. Our main objective was to improve communication between school and home. Being a small school (<300 students), we were looking for the most inexpensive solution. We compared several of the competitors (e.g. Hunter's, RenWeb, Blackbaud, ACS, etc.) and found this to meet our needs. Our parents appreciate the built-in communication system between them and the school. The customer support is terrific. You can either phone or submit a support ticket online. They respond within 24 hours but most of time sooner.
ConsThe user interface is quirky at times. The button placements are not consistently located. It is a menu-driven interface as opposed to GUI though there is rumors of its soon release.
November 2, 2008
Pattie H.
February 11, 2011

“Excellent Customer Service/User Friendly”

OverallI would give them an excellent rating and would have no problem recommending Sycamore to any school looking for an online student management system.
ProsI have been working in the education field for 25 years, 20 of them with the local public school system, and have used many different student management systems during that time. Being a small school, I worried when we implemented Sycamore Education because I knew that I was pretty much alone when it came to troubleshooting. No longer would I have an IT rep inhouse who could solve any problems I might have. I have been very happy with the customer service with Sycamore and the ease of use as well. I usually get an answer within 10 minutes any time I submit a ticket for technical help. They are also constantly adding upgrades to the program that are very helpful to the staff and the parents.
ConsThere have been very few things that our school personally wanted changed that were not feasible as other schools had not asked for the same changes. We have been able to work around them.
Education Management, 201-500 employees
December 18, 2018

“It's a great teaching tool!”

ProsIt's very efficient for all my teaching needs!
ConsThere is really nothing I dislike about this software!
December 18, 2018
Hector M.
Data Manager
March 6, 2018

“Super comprehensive school-management package”

OverallGreat price for a FULL system to manage the entire K-12 spectrum, from facilities to student admissions...
ProsGreat Google integration (provisioning, email, calendar, classroom...). LOTS of features included in one package, no modules necessary. GREAT price!
ConsNo rotating-schedule ability. VERY obsolete user interface (think Windows 3.5). Other than those two factors, this could be one of the best school-management systems in the world!
March 6, 2018
Julie E.
board of education advisor

“Sycamore Fan”

OverallI would highly recommend Sycamore. Our school has benefited so much from using Sycamore and are pleased with the decision we made to use this software. For the price, ease of use and great tech support/upgrades, it would be difficult to find anything better.
ProsSycamore is priced right and very user friendly. A huge advantage to the system is the technical support. We find the support staff provides great assistance with easy questions as well as more complex solutions. We appreciate their willingness to see us through to the end when we have an issue (even when it's self created). The web-based system provides easy access from anywhere which is a great feature. The system is continually being updated with no expensive upgrade charges which is great for sticking to a budget. Communication with families and among staff is made easy with Sycamore as well.
ConsNot as much database flexibility (adding fields/tracking) as we woud like.
Ugochi B.
LPC/CEO
Mental Health Care, Self-employed
November 25, 2018

“Great tool for keeping track!”

ProsWe use this at our child's private school, it's efficient for paying for her school lunches - eliminates the need to have her carry cash. All we do is add money via our PayPal account. We can also view her lunch menu from there and track her grades.
ConsI wish there was an option to update account balances via our bank account. I guess at this time, PayPal is the only option. This is it a con but can be a potential inconvenience if PayPal is not working.
November 25, 2018
Christy T.
Secondary Math Teacher
November 1, 2010

“User friendly”

OverallI recommend Sycamore Education to any school who wishes to increase the daily communication between teachers and parents.
ProsSycamore Education is very easy to use. It makes communicating grades to parents so easy. A parent can log on at their leisure and check on grades for their student. The Pass-A-Note option is very handy, as well. I communicate hourly with parents and fellow faculty using Pass-A-Notes. I often print reports of students grades to go home, and in a few clicks can email that same report directly to parents!
ConsIt takes a little while to learn to navigate the ins and outs of everything. After a few quarters it becomes like second nature. I just KNOW where everything is.
November 1, 2010
Nancee W.
Tech Director
September 28, 2010

“NMCS thinks Sycamore Education is AWESOME!”

OverallOur school would HIGHLY recommend sycamore education, we've used other systems and have NEVER had such an easy time converting over to a new system. Even though training is not available, you don't need it. Sycamore Education is so simple to use. Thanks Sycamore - NMCS LOVES Sycamore Education!
ProsEase of system Reports Tech support Quick response to personalized needs My Teachers LOVE IT! Has so much to offer beside attendance and grades
ConsWe have not had any issues with this system. Any changes we've needed have been addressed quickly.

By Sycamore Leaf Solutions on September 29, 2010
Clarification: Training videos and manuals are accessible within the system for all users. If more personal training is desired, administrator and teacher training sessions can be scheduled. This is done via webinar for a minimal fee. A proposal for on-site training can also be requested.
September 28, 2010
Carmen F.
Guidance Counselor
August 5, 2010

“After careful evaluation, we chose Sycamore for our school's needs”

OverallWITHOUT A DOUBT, Sycamore Education was the right solution for our school. We evaluated 2 other systems and we are so very glad we chose Sycamore.
Pros-support is rarely needed, but EXCEPTIONAL in times of need. support ticket response time averages 10 minutes. (yes...10 minutes, not 10 hours!) Support staff is EXCEPTIONAL. -easy for teachers, parents, & students to use -has become our "go-to" method of communication with the school family -ALL IN ONE! No "module" ridiculousness -no servers to maintain! -teachers have access 24/7, on or off-campus -SE is always improving their product and making the experience more and more user-friendly
Cons-pictures aren't easy to upload (in SE's defense, photo-sharing is not their expertise)
August 5, 2010
Rick P.
June 6, 2010

“Sycamore Review”

OverallI strongly recommend this to any school or school district. It is a fantastic resource for my school and my community.
ProsSycamore is an all encompassing administration software. It allows for great communication with teachers, students, staff, and parents. It includes just about all aspects of administering to a school. I am very pleased...
ConsI would like to see one feature added to Sycamore. I would like to see an e-mail notification sent to parents as to when grades have been updated. I understand Sycamore's reasoning behind not doing that, however, in today's world, people need as many chances and excuses to log into Sycamore. I would like to see an e-mail stating that their students grades have been updated and a link to log onto sycamore.
June 6, 2010
Zenab E.
Administrator
October 5, 2017

“Difficult to maneuver but with many features. ”

ProsYou can do everything on this SIS program. It's very versatile. Logging on is simple and creating accounts is quick. It's a good communication tool.
ConsIt's so difficult to maneuver! You need to take many steps to complete one task. He parents do not usually log on because of the complicated user interface.
October 5, 2017
Meshell B.
March 31, 2016

“Sycamore is a LifeSaver and Alicia is a Life Guard!”

OverallThis being the first year of our school, we were doing EVERYTHING by hand. Sycamore Education gave us everything we need and more. We love the fact that the software is still growing and changing so we can add tweaks to make the functions just right for us. Alicia is the best thing that happened to us this year. She held our hand through the entire process, repeated things when we couldn't get it right and was always readily available when we called. She helped make our first year successful. Thank you, Alicia. Thank you Sycamore! (She needs a raise!)

By Sycamore Leaf Solutions on March 31, 2016
Meshell, Thank you for the kind words! We'll be sure to pass along your high praise for Alicia so that she (and the rest of the company) know how helpful she was. -Sycamore
March 31, 2016
Carol L.
Administrative Assistant, Development Dir.
July 13, 2015

“St. Barbara School appreciates the integration of gradebooks and family information.”

OverallOverall, Sycamore Education provides a quality product which allows St. Barbara School to use online support to keep our families current on student progress and family account information. Additionally, parents can keep their contact information up to date enabling ease of communication of events, fundraising, and schedules. Customer service is very helpful, knowledgeable. and supportive of enhancements. A recent upgrade to online enrollment facilitated registering new and returning families and helps the admissions office to track the status of our families in the registration process. The integration of different software into Sycamore Education has also saved the school money and enables our parents to go to one site for their school information needs.
July 13, 2015
John C.
Director of Academic Information
October 28, 2008

“As a Catholic High School with limited resources, we found Sycamore Education to have the most.”

OverallAs a Catholic High School with limited resources, we found Sycamore Education to have the most bang for the buck. We did exhaustive research and evaluation of other products and Sycamore delivered the most features that met our needs. Our faculty, staff, and families have widely accepted Sycamore, praise its features, and it has quickly become the center of how we get things done at Bishop Machebeuf High School.
ProsWeb interface is speedy Training is easy and intuitive Implementation and customer support are exceptional Openness to innovation, enhancements
ConsMaster Scheduler isn't as robust as I would like to see it, but a new version is set to be released soon, which is a testament to the continual improvement of this product.

By Sycamore Leaf Solutions on March 29, 2010
Master Schedule interface was introduced in 2009.
October 28, 2008
Lori E.
Head of School
June 10, 2015

“Sycamore is an ever evolving tool that has become a very important information portal for school .”

OverallSycamore has changed the way we take care of the day to day business at our school. It helps us track all of the documentation we need to manage our students and teachers. Sycamore is continually upgrading and adding features to make the program more user friendly. The only negative aspect has been parent participation. Many parents complain they can't get on, or they can't find information, etc. I know many of these are excuses but I wish there was some way to force interaction with the parent. One change I would love to see made would be to be able to respond to a pass a note through email, when it is received through email. This would avoid having to log on to respond to a parent.
June 10, 2015
Dan K.
Head of School
December 16, 2013

“Absolutely the Best!”

OverallOur school implemented Sycamore three years ago. Surprisingly, teachers and administrators embraced it without resistance. To have a user friendly student information system without the need to pay extra for additional modules is unprecedented. You name it and Sycamore has it We are a college preparatory high school and Sycamore has more than we need. Furthermore, students and parents have been nothing but complimentary. Between ease of use, efficient support and extensive usability, Sycamore is an easy choice. Add in the low cost in comparison to other student information systems, and it's a no brainer.
December 16, 2013
Scott B.
January 11, 2010

“Sycamore Education: Excellent Product, Excellent Service, Reasonable Price!”

OverallI highly recommend the site. It's functional, easy to use, VERY affordable and the people working there have been just phenomenal.
Pros-Excellent customer service. Their contact person for us (Nancy) has been very receptive to our needs and is an outstanding communicator for Sycamore. -Incredibly fast response to support tickets. Almost instantaneous. -Flexible! They have been willing to work with us to modify to some specific needs we have. -Simple to use. Once you learn a few key areas, it's so easy.
Cons-Needs an aesthetic facelift/tweak.
January 11, 2010
Babatope B.
Web Development
Computer Software, Self-employed
November 19, 2018

“Complete package”

ProsI love that all I require to get things done with my child's school is in one place - student info, lunch booking, payments etc.
ConsNone at this time. Everything needs is well integrated into one great app.
November 19, 2018
Brian P.
IT Administrator
October 27, 2010

“Sycamore Best Bang for your buck”

OverallOverall our School users are happy with Sycamore. I would recommend this product as a cost effective way to get your school up and running on cloud computing. There is no software to maintain and minimal start up costs.
Pros- All in one System - Customer support is quite responsive - No software to upgrade, No servers to back up - Very feature rich - Cost effective all in one solution for Schools of all sizes
Cons- Many reports are available and Dynamic reports are great but need the ability to save Dynamic report definitions.
October 27, 2010
Jennifer B.
May 20, 2014

“Saint Andrew Academy, Louisville Kentucy Review of Sycamore”

OverallI have not experienced such fantastic pr and customer care before. You and your company have done a great job in developing your program from every level making the transition to the system just about seamless. Any problem we have had has been corrected, responded to, and met. We continue to find ways to maximize our use of the new system too, making the overall system itself very 21st century which is what I really like!
May 20, 2014
Chris T.
Office Volunteer
December 3, 2014

“Warning School Admins - Their App is worthless - nothing is accurate / up to date”

Overall For the first half of this school year the app was just unstable (uh-oh message like other reviewers) but at least I could keep trying and eventually get info. For the last few weeks the grades listed for my children are inaccurate and the missing assignments are from last quarter. (Similar to other reviews.) The website is well done but the app is junk. Google play shows the last update was 8/23/13. I wonder if the schools purchasing the software, with the promise of a handy app for parents, know how bad the app is.

By Sycamore Leaf Solutions on April 28, 2015
Chris, Great news! We've updated our mobile app significantly for both iOS and Android devices so that you aren't seeing out-of-date information ever again. In addition, we've made things more streamlined and easy to use for your convenience. We're looking forward to your utilization of the new mobile app!
December 3, 2014
Motherof2 .
January 30, 2014

“I can't believe it!”

OverallI don't understand the low star rating and other review this program received. As a parent and teacher i love the user friendliness they provide. Excellent, quick support and they're always open to new ideas. They really have the schools best interest at heart. Not a bad thing i could say, we love Sycamore Education!
January 30, 2014
Ruth G.
October 13, 2014

“Batch Email issues”

OverallGreat service from Nick who went above and beyond the call of duty to help resolve the issue. The problem was on my end and not Sycamore. Thanks Nick!
October 13, 2014
Gail S.
High School Academic Counselor/Lead Teacher
August 27, 2010

“Sycamore Education affordable software for schools”

OverallHighly Recommended
ProsUser friendly, affordable, numerous features
ConsDiscipline section does not work with our school discipline plan
August 27, 2010
3rd grade mom .
September 17, 2012

“1990's technology”

OverallThis proposes to be a complete management tool for elementary and high schools. It is so buggy that all the parents in our school absolutely hate it!
September 17, 2012