Wrike Ratings

Overall

About Wrike

Wrike makes scheduling and managing multiple projects, campaigns or events easier. Bring your tasks from email and messengers to Wrike. In Wrike you can organize your schedules on Kanban boards, in tables, task lists or visualize your plans on the interactive Timeline. Create custom dashboards to track the most important tasks and build reports in one click. Perfect for Marketing, Creative, Operations, IT, Project, and Product teams of 20+ people. Learn more about Wrike

Prince G.
Design, 11-50 employees
May 31, 2019

“Wrike truly delivers on its promise”

OverallOverall is simply one of the best team management and projects software out there in the market, even when you compare it to its peers and its competitors it holds its own, it simply does the job it needs to do and sometimes it does more in value considering the price. I'm futuristically it is a software to look out for because if it keeps improving the way it has done in the last two years I think he's going to just be an A+ software soon rather than later
ProsFor what is what Wrike has improved the way our team works, in fact, to put it simply he can simply change our level of efficiency. As a member of a team under a small business, we usually used to outsource team projects two other companies that will oversee how our team is working on projects and that used to accrued extra cost to a business that already struggling to compete and make it in the marketplace. But on discovering Wrike we were able to do things better, do things within the confines of the company overview and also save cost why being more efficient in all projects. It has helped reduce miscommunication, misinterpretation and common mistakes between team members have brought about more transparency and a better understanding amongst team members. Another thing I personally like is the fact that it is web-based and I can log in to assess what the team is doing, I can also send out weekly notification reports which come in handy whenever you're managing any projects, also the fact that I'm able to create custom folders and even subfolders, task, and subtasks, add users and include due dates is perfect for anyone who's trying to manage a project. I think it is a one-stop-shop for anything project management, and that's how much it has revolutionized the way we do business.
ConsOne of the challenges I face with Wrike is the fact that it is not really easy to set up. In our today's business environment where we are more in need of software and products that could assist us in being more effective such products being user-friendly both at setting up and during operation must be given more consideration. I also feel that there should be an offline version so that users don't need to always connect to the internet to be able to use it effectively. Another thing is that it takes a little bit of time to get used to, so businesses that are planning to use Wrike it must give room for an adequate learning curve. And in all these little challenges are few things that can you get around with time.
May 31, 2019
Michelle K.
Social Media Specialist / Analytics & AdWords Assistant / Proofreader
March 4, 2019

“Highly Recommend”

Overall We have been able to get organized and store a ton of information in one place. This has also given us great insight as to what everyone's workloads are like. Even if not everything is in the program, you can still get a good idea of what they're up to or have time to work on. It's a great way to group your tasks and you can create custom dashboards to make it so you see important tasks and what needs to get done at a glance. Despite some of the quirks, I recommend it.
ProsFor the most part, I really like this product. It has allowed us to easily organize, group and assign projects to our team and really helped us get more organized. I like that it has a nice, simple look with lists. It is easy to create a task and assign it to yourself or someone else, set dates, change priorities, add attachments, links, format text in your task description, and group them into folders. I also like that you can put the same tasks in different locations so, if it applies to 2 different categories, then it can live in both places. It is also great that you can set it up so that certain tasks set their dates according to other task dates.
ConsThere are some features that would really make this a great product and whenever I have contacted support, they basically try to upsell us to a different level plan that still doesn't solve the problem we're having. One thing that's funny is that it will gladly notify you when someone has assigned a task to you... but if you assign a task to someone and they mark it complete... it won't tell you. It'll wait until all the sub tasks are complete and then tell you after a certain period of time that you can mark the task complete. This has literally NEVER been useful to me. It also has a funky set up when it comes to grouping related tasks underneath another tasks so you have to play around with a set up that works for you. Lastly, they have a desktop app that they always prompt you to use when you click links to Wrike in other locations like your email. The app was just another thing I had to have open that did not help with my programs and it doesn't seem to allow you to not receive that notification each time you click a Wrike link.
March 4, 2019
Jessa D.
Financial Services, 1001-5000 employees
January 8, 2019

“Brought sanity and transparency to our work”

ProsI choose Wrike specifically for the ability to submit project requests. 99% of our projects have to go through some sort of compliance approval, and auditing through a bunch of emails and folders that hopefully had everything was a recipe for disaster. Wrike allows us to have reporting and automatically assign tasks It's incredibly, almost overwhelmingly customizable, so I can have my own workflows to manage website issues while print projects can have their own process, etc, and these templates are automatically assigned, filled out, and dated when the requester fills out the form. The dashboards are nice so you can customize how you want to view your projects, and you can also monitor your team's projects to make sure everything is moving along, and easily step in and request help. Another pro is the collaborator user role, so coworkers not in our department can track, comment, and answer questions within tasks without seeing the other projects, and all of their communication is attached to the project and on record for everyone, including compliance, and not just trapped in one person's email.
ConsSet up is daunting. Although we paid for someone to help us set up the process, we quickly realized that their orientation instructions weren't suited for our situation at all, so it took a few weeks for us to get everything into place. And I don't think our situation was particularly unusual, we're an in-house marketing department that needed to accept tickets. While Wrike is really good about constantly releasing updates, there are some common sense things that have yet to be ironed out, for example, someone requesting a project can set a due date in the past.
January 8, 2019
Nicole H.
March 28, 2017

“Wrike: A Great Tool for Small Teams (probably big teams too!)”

OverallWe're a small team of about 15 employees and were originally hesitant to bring on a project management software since email seemed to be working alright for our needs but after realizing things were getting lost in the shuffle, we decided to try Wrike out. I'm so glad we did. We've been using them for about three years and it's really helped us move forward in project planning and scoping. Right off the bat, Wrike held a training for our company. They did an in-depth training for those of us who were looking to learn the application inside/out and an overall training for the rest of the team. Sure, lots of people do training but then they followed up about 30 days later to uncover what we felt was lacking. From there they did a second training where they helped us customize our work space. I thought that was a really nice touch. Currently we use Wrike to manage internal and external team hours, create project scoping timelines, uncover potential roadblocks and to get everyone on the same page about changes/updates/etc. It's a great tool. One of my favorite features is that you can print individualized reports for a person or print out the total hours by project. I'd love for Wrike to add more color and font customization options just because it's hard to see changes sometimes in the comment boxes. I'd also like to see more customization options for the interface for individual users. Overall, I'd recommend Wrike if you're looking to grow your business efficiency.
ProsMultiple chart options for displaying timelines Easy comment buttons (can just reply to an email and everything is captured) Ability to create custom folders and other set up features Can grab a visual of a project in under 30 seconds Customized reporting options
ConsIf you don't do the training up front or keep up with updates you can easily get lost. Wrike has some awesome features but you have to stay on your toes to take advantage of them.
March 28, 2017
Andrei P.
Consultant
Non-Profit Organization Management, 1-10 employees
March 9, 2017

“Why do we need to give our attention for this App?”

OverallWrike is my favourite Saas decision for my work and personal life. I have two accounts - one is for personal GTD and the second is for my teams, where I do my tasks, even if in reality there are no people in these projects - just for self-registration of completed tasks. - What are the features you like most in Wrike? 1. A flexibility of projecting regimes - you can do it under waterfall, or kanban (boards), or even scrum . 2. A flexibility of tasks views. 3. You can have a deal with numbers and a resource management inside your project management in Wrike. 4. http://club.wrike.com - a place where you can earn additional bonuses and a real money on amazon! 5. vote.wrike.com - a place where you can source the devs about new features and they usually respond! 6. wrike labs - a place where you can switch on/off the prototypical features - What are some of your favorite Wrike updates? Custom Statutes, Custom Fields, Reports, Dashboards/Boards - What would you add to Wrike features? Oh, there are many of them. A good normal integrated calendar, not a current one, a normal internal instant messenger, which will be a really instant - a current system of commentaries doesn't work properly with a really needed for a typical burst conversation without pressing f5, some lacks in the dashboards and widgets interface are needed to neutralized, a desktop client version is strongly needed, because chrome browser could have too many opened pages, including custom statuses feature in a professional plan is strongly needed for those who don't need the other functionality of a business version! - Who would take advantage of using Wrike? Pms, marketers, freelancers, small agile taskforces - How did Wrike change the way you work? I'm trying to register all my life in it from a moment
Pros? 1. A flexibility of projecting regimes - you can do it under waterfall, or kanban (boards), or even scrum . 2. A flexibility of tasks views. 3. You can have a deal with numbers and a resource management inside your project management in Wrike. 4. http://club.wrike.com - a place where you can earn additional bonuses and a real money on amazon! 5. vote.wrike.com - a place where you can source the devs about new features and they usually respond! 6. wrike labs - a place where you can switch on/off the prototypical features
ConsWhat would you add to Wrike features? A good normal integrated calendar, not a current one, a normal internal instant messenger, which will be a really instant - a current system of commentaries doesn't work properly with a really needed for a typical burst conversation without pressing f5, some lacks in the dashboards and widgets interface are needed to neutralized, a desktop client version is strongly needed, because chrome browser could have too many opened pages, including custom statuses feature in a professional plan is strongly needed for those who don't need the other functionality of a business version!
March 9, 2017
Brian F.
Senior Materials Engineer
Consumer Electronics, 11-50 employees
May 10, 2019

“Wrike Project Management”

ProsWrike has proven to be a capable tool for project management at our small company. It is very simple to create hierarchical structures for large projects, from major milestones down to minute tasks. Tasks can be easily linked as dependent, and assigning tasks and setting deadlines is very simple. It allows for constant monitoring of project tasks by stakeholders, and requesting updates from assignees. Files can be shared with data or results from various tasks, and being able to hit "complete" can help establish a sense of progress on large, multi-week or month projects. There are a number of ways to view the projects (like timelines and Gantt charts), which can help with communicating timelines to those interested, and also aids in identifying bottlenecks.
ConsAdjusting timing within a project can be extremely difficult and/or tedious, and especially so when tasks are linked via dependencies. Moving some tasks can result in all other tasks resetting timing or decoupling. THis can be very frustrating, as with large projects even a one day adjustment can be tricky. Learning to use many of the features can take a while, and there are some quirks that can lead to confusion/miscommunications (like if someone fails to put a date for a task, it just sort of moves into purgatory). The number of alerts and communication can also get very unwieldy, and the ability to adjust them is limited (either no message or a huge number).
May 10, 2019
Gretchen .
March 27, 2015

“The Right Choice was Wrike”

OverallAfter using several different programs to track new products and customization projects, we have found Wrike to be a very efficient solution for our entire company. In Wrike, we are able to set up and assign tasks necessary to complete projects, we can project completion dates thanks to the gantt chart and are able to store vital information in such a way that it is easy to access in the future. Currently the e-Learning Content Department is the primary user of Wrike, but it is accessible by the management team, sales, engineering, and customer service which allows us to communicate and collaborate company wide.
ProsGantt chart -- This helps with projects that are complex and require various tasks or phases to be completed in order to develop a final project. We simply could not plan product releases effectively without this! Folders -- Organization is incredibly important when managing projects for several different facets (customer-driven, sales-driven, marketing-driven, etc) and the fact that I can manipulate and move projects into different folders helps me watch a project as it travels through our "workflow" from inception to delivery. Tasks -- Not only developing unlimited tasks and sub-tasks with deadlines, but also being able to assign them to different people within our teams has allowed us to have a central point to work from. I highly appreciate the ability to duplicate folders with their included tasks as our workflow is often repeated for similar projects.
ConsI would like to see different statuses saved in different folders. Instead, the status is changed and it affects all folders globally. This has caused me some confusion or irritation at times. With sub-tasks, I find myself wishing that changing a tasks' deadline would also change the subtasks' deadlines. When I push things forward or backward with the Gantt chart, I then have to go into each subtask and adjust them as well. Sometimes, it seems easier to make everything tasks so I can use the cause/effect of dependencies. Duration can be confusing at times given that sometimes a task will take a bit of time daily over several days, but not necessarily all day. Group several tasks like that together and planning resources becomes difficult because you cannot distinguish how much ACTUAL time on a given day is needed for a particular project. I find myself planning by dates and not durations. I think if there were a way to use these independently, that would be helpful.
March 27, 2015
John T.
Author, "Boomer Reinvention: How to Create Your Dream Career Over 50"
Education Management, 51-200 employees
August 22, 2018

“Glad to Have Found Wrike”

OverallKeeping my entire project life in Wrike, and also linking to Evernote as my reference library (putting links in each project as needed), as well as Google Docs/Sheets - which are integrated right into Wrike. They also have a Zapier integration that's letting me add new Google Contacts right into a light CRM folder so I can follow up with them.
ProsVery intuitive UI, allows me to work exactly the way I want. I tested/trialed a number of enterprise team collaboration product managers, which I was forced to do because I found the functionality of the task managers like Asana, To-Doist and others to be inadequate for my purposes. I'm also a David Allen GTD fan, so I am always looking for a way to incorporate that paradigm into my management tools. When the list manager I was using, NirvanaHQ, proved inadequate, despite its almost perfect GTD integration, I went on a search and found Wrike. Unique to Wrike is a drag/drop Folder/Project functionality that allows you to set up and nest projects inside folders to create a totally customizable working hierarchy. Whether you want to organize by client, by team member, by project, but function - however you want to do it - Wrike let's you set it up. But then, you can use any folder as a TAG by dragging and dropping it onto another Folder or Project. That way, you can instantly access projects and folders by pulling everything related to that Tag. Finally, Wrike lets you create Dashboards that lay out projects and tasks in infinite ways to make sure you are looking at the work you have to do - OR work that's due or in progress by the whole team. Plus, there is a messaging interface and an easy way to add people to your tasks/projects/folders as followers or assignees. And they were totally ready for me, with a well-developed GTD suggested setup.
ConsNothing really so far. The design is good, but not A+. It's functional, attractive, but will probably need a refresh in the next year or so. Compared to others out there, e.g. Teamwork Projects, Zoho, Monday, Podio etc., it holds its own.
August 22, 2018
Retail, 10,001+ employees
May 29, 2019

“Robust Project Management Tool for Marketing”

OverallOverall Wrike gave my team a lot of time back and created efficiencies in all levels of our organization.
ProsThe Wrike support team does an AMAZING job. With just a few training calls, they helped my team create a customized workflow and setup our interface for our cross-functional teams and the rollout with the team was SEAMLESS. The dependents you can set with project timelines is my all time favorite feature. Overall takes a lot of manual steps out of project management, and ties together nicely with Invision which makes creative approvals SO. MUCH. EASIER.
ConsThe tool was significantly more expensive than other project management tools. For a small team like ours, it was quite an investment and difficult to get buy-in from upper management.
May 29, 2019
Patrick M.
Director, Marketing Technology
May 14, 2019

“Wrike in an agency setting”

OverallThe main reason my organization needs a tool like Wrike is to compartmentalize tasks and projects in a much more detailed manner than is available through conventional means of communication like Email. For example, we can have a single project folder with subfolders for each key project deliverable - design, development, contracts and statements of work, meeting minutes, etc. It grants all project stakeholders, both internal and external, the means to access anything they need to keep the project moving smoothly. It also allows tasks to be assigned to specific people or groups at various times and with detailed, customizable statuses. Because of this, we're able to use Wrike seamlessly as a process management system.
ProsSimply put, the number features and customizations. Wrike is a very robust tool that my development team, our larger organization and many of our clients use as our primary ticketing, process and communication tool. It is feature-rich, including things like timelines, Gantt charts, public or private data collection forms that submit into tasks in a manner you define, and a slew of customizable folders and permissions.
ConsPermissions "trickle down" the folder structure to any and all subfolders. We've had issues where someone will add a client to a higher level folder with subfolders that were intended to remain private, but they also receive access to those subfolders without any warning or confirmation. I strongly suggest paying close attention to how you architect your folder/project structure to minimize the risk of this happening.
May 14, 2019
Juan A.
Propietario
May 19, 2018

“It helps me get real-time visibility into everything my team is working on”

OverallI Found that scoping projects are very easy with this tool, the ease of use the tool is very fascinating and it helps me get a lot more done in a shorter amount of time ;)
ProsI think it's amazing to be able to have a tool that helps me collaborate, and to be surrounded by people that have the same vision and really want to get everything done, and done beautifully. This amazing tool helps me to consolidate communication and enhance my vendor's visibility It helps me get real-time visibility into everything my team is working on It gives me reports to track the projects and my team performances or the Workload, it helps me to have a better view and to see who has bandwidth for the next projects. It's a great way to Coordinate Across Teams, helps me to break down team silos. Set up workflows for projects to notify tasks and when they should begin work. Reduce miscommunication and mistakes when everyone has transparency into work. It's a great way to Develop Campaign Assets, the campaign development process requires collaboration and teamwork. the Live editing, the threaded comments, document sharing and versioning simplify it's a great way to collaboration and reduce rework. It helps me to Manage Events, Campaigns and Launches It really helps me to deliver marketing programs on time with less stress. Get plans out of my head so that I don't lose track. It really simplifies whenever I have my next advaertising campaign, I just duplicate the template that I already used and then I'm ready to go.
ConsNone
May 19, 2018
Aqsa Y.
IT PERSON
Information Technology and Services, 11-50 employees
August 30, 2019

“Wrike makes my work right”

OverallI have been using this software from few months and am fully satisfied with its variety of features. Other than that everything is completely managed with this amazing product and nothing to worry about.
ProsPersonally, my first experience with Wrike was very much amazing as it allows me to make certain teamwork projects more interesting. While managing alt of teamwork tasks i can consider this product much more helpful. Collaboration between my teammates has been increased after using this tool. Assigning different tasks and to maintain a tidy workflow is only possible with this software. Additionally, it provides a platform to track all the work process on daily basis. If anyone from the team finds difficulty in performing task he/she can easily find help by others through this platform. It secures my documents at one single place without violating its sources. Moreover, its pretty simple graphical user interface is my most favourite part in it because i don't find any difficulty in setting it up .
ConsThere are no major drawbacks in this useful and efficient product that i could consider. All features and functions that i utilized on it are much more incredible. Sometime there are certain issues occurred in its updating process that makes it a bit slower it can be due to higher load on it. Apart from this it's a splendid project management software.
August 30, 2019
Shilpa H.
Technical Project Manager
Computer Software, 5001-10,000 employees
October 17, 2018

“My to-go tool for Project management and reports ”

ProsI was dwindling between Wrike and another tool for my project management activities and decided to go with Wrike. - I have been using both Project management and tracking features of wrike and have liked it so far. In comparison with another project management tool, I find this is a very lightweight and easy to use tool. -It is web based and I can login with SSO. -Sends out notifications with weekly reports -I can create private projects and assign my team. I liked this a lot when we planned to pilot a project and didn't want to publicize yet. -Able to create custom folders, sub folders, tasks and subtasks, add users and due dates -I have used mostly scrum based regime and it is very convenient -Gantt chart much similar to MS Project I used some time back, extensively helps me in complex projects identifying dependencies and scheduling
Cons-Some training may be needed to new users who never used any project management tool before -Instant Messenger can help collaborate on the fly -Customizable options like status, out of office, custom fields, clear dashboards can help -No shared calendar option to view tasks on daily/monthly basis for resources and see their availability -User needs to be connected to internet all time and can't work locally -I use a paid version, but trial period may be a bit short for new users to familiarize and onboard subscription -May not be suitable for startups or small companies as learning curve may be too long.
October 17, 2018
Brett W.
Lead Developer
August 28, 2018

“Wrike is Great for Small Teams Looking for a Project Management Solution”

OverallI recommend Wrike for companies looking for a pure project management solution. If you or your company is looking for project management coupled with CRM and other business end functionalities, Wrike itself may not be the ideal solution.
ProsWhile working with a team that eventually outgrew email and another product we were using, the team decided to give Wrike a try. Overall, Wrike is great for managing project planning and scoping. While I primarily used it for task management, it made my collaboration with the company a lot easier since the company was able to gauge accurate and more realistic timelines so that the team wasn't overburdened or given unrealistic or unmanageable deadlines. Aside from task management and creating effective project pipelines and timelines, Wrike has the ability to create custom folders so that projects and clients stay organized from the get go and project managers can get an overview of a project's progress in a very short amount of time.
ConsThis application offers a lot of features, almost too many in the project management realm, so I recommend that any team or organization that adopts Wrike into their workflow sign up for training. After training, you should be able to get some consulting from the vendor at how Wrike works best for your company and how it can help improve your current process.
August 28, 2018
Melissa P.
Content Writer/Project Manager
Marketing and Advertising, 1-10 employees
February 14, 2017

“Honest Feedback”

OverallWrike is a super efficient platform for collaboration and organization within a business. It can organize tasks, schedules, discussions and company files all in one shared place. It can also sync employees, and can even get clients involved. There are 3 main components to this app which consist of projects, folders and tasks. And while the benefits of this app far outweigh the negative, my biggest issue with Wrike has been that the setup seems a bit confusing to me, and outside of the Wrike webinar that I took, there are no tutorials available online to walk potential users through in order to make usage of the app more efficient.
ProsThe creation of projects with the ability to assign subtasks and dependencies is a really great feature. I also really like the "timeline view" which enables users to see the progression of a project, including all of the dependencies, so that if something is delayed in the process of a project, we are able to project how much time it will take us to complete the entire project now with these varying components and the change of events / due dates.
ConsIt does not have a shared calendar for employees to view a daily, monthly or yearly tasks divvied up, and there are no tutorials available online to teach users how to use the app. I also feel like I could be doing so much more with the app than I am currently aware of. But I am finding difficulty in navigating through it without any sense of direction. This is especially a little frustrating for people who are new to project management, and really have no idea where to begin, or even how to divvy up the tasks in a comprehensive manner for all of our current employees. It would help to have tutorials, offer one-on-one sessions, or even just to have little pop-ups that explain the app as you go, with helpful hints and tips.
Recommendations to other buyersI would advise others to explore this app, it is really useful if they can take the time to teach themselves how to use it.
February 14, 2017
Lilians C.
Especialista en proyectos de inversión
June 10, 2018

“Very good project management software, it has allowed me to simplify my work in a fast way.”

OverallIt has allowed me to work more efficiently, incorporating all the work team to have clear goals to work according to them and establishing the priorities of each area with their respective managers, which has allowed me to innovate within my organization in project management.
Pros It is ideal for project planning, since it has tools that facilitate organization, one of the features that I like most about this software is that it allows to have a clear real-time view of the status of each activity and therefore takes the progress of the project updated with a series of diagrams that facilitate the interpretation and incorporation of the whole team, I can also set the priorities of my project to visualize them without the team deviating from the main objective. On the other hand, it is a software that is very easy to use, it also allows exporting the reports to other Microsoft or PDF packages to facilitate their visualization and printing on any computer.
ConsBasically it is designed in a web context and therefore it is necessary to have access to the internet to be able to use it and this could be a limitation, in addition the free trial has a few days duration, which makes it necessary to pay monthly the license to access the account .
June 10, 2018
Henry E.
Investor
Real Estate, 1-10 employees
September 13, 2019

“Used it years ago - and it's better now”

OverallSolving the problem of multiple groups in multiple locations quickly and easily communicating about all types of projects - quickly and easily and 100% online. Getting rid of email to boot!
ProsSuper flexible and FAST user interface. Best PM tool for speed and ease of toggling folder and projects open quickly and easily (in the left column). I think it's better than all of them out there.
Consexpensive. We were quoted a large cost to go thru the onboarding. I guess you get what you pay for but this is not the 'free' or 'cheap' setup like you get with a Zoho or Trello type tool.
Mayra M.
Adjunct Professor
Higher Education, 1001-5000 employees
August 31, 2019

“Wrike provides the most intuitive project and tasks management. ”

OverallWrike has always been the most helping tool that have assists me in my every other project. I am able to get done most of my work through easy tracking and complete assistance. This has been the most easy and intuitive tool which has enables me to completely manage my work in a scheduled and organized manner.
ProsWrike has served for me as one of the leading tool to assist me in my most of the projects and assigned tasks. It has the most efficient tools and features which allows me to track the overall progress of the projects. I can easily schedule the tasks and even collaborate with the other employees on certain tasks. This allows me to stay organized and be more productive in my field work.
ConsAlthough, Wrike has all the necessary tools and features to easily help me in my working projects. But i have slightly faced few issues while using it. Like for some long term projects, the tracking ability slows down and I lose the whole interest in that. Wrike plays its part at every step but due to some connectivity issues, I also lose the collaboration spirit with my team members.
August 31, 2019
Dipin R.
Technical Support Engineer
Information Technology and Services, 1001-5000 employees
April 22, 2019

“Wrike has helped me and my team to efficiently manage our projects.”

ProsThe best reason to use Wrike,is its request feature. Usually, we have to spend a lot of time in getting done with audits, requests, and proposals over tons of emails. But here, we get it done with ease! I just love the level of customization this application has allowed. The dashboards are very user-friendly, it has helped us to stay in track with the success of tasks and project. You can check out the chart options while you deal with different timelines. For example, a Gantt chart helps in the completion of projects that have quite a lot of tasks. Duplication of tasks and assignment of these to team members are all made simple. It has helped in improving transparency and eliminating errors that originate due to miss communication.
ConsActually, we had found that as far as concerned with users who doesn't have much technical knowledge related to project management, there ought to be some training given! I couldn't find a calendar which could be shared with the team members.
April 22, 2019
Muhammad S.
IT Coordinator
Information Technology and Services, 201-500 employees
September 22, 2018

“Wrike is a right choice”

OverallI really like the automation features that remind you to complete the task if all of your sub tasks has been completed. It helps you not let the ball dropped.
ProsIts a great project management tool where you can log and track all activities and action Items of your team. You can also log your working hours along with description of what you done (Your part of project) You can create tasks under each project and sub task under each task and share them with appropriate team. The time line and calendar integration are life saver. Addition feature of launching meeting right from your task or calendar are bonus.
ConsIf task or project is not shared with you, you can't access it and cannot request the owner of task to share it with you if you don't know who is task manager. While in other application you have the option to request right from the screen where it tells you its not shared with you without letting you know who is the owner of task or project that keeps the project privacy too . Meeting quality is not as good as other meeting applications
September 22, 2018
Andrew S.
December 13, 2016

“Wrike Makes it Easy to Stay Organized, But it Isn't a Magic Bullet”

OverallThere are a handful of ways in which I use Wrike: project management tool, personal organizer, and wiki. As a project management tool, it is useful to be able to create folders or projects full of tasks and share them with your team. I like that I can assign tasks to people and Wrike can automatically send emails to notify people that they're responsible for a task or subtask. Wrike has many of the features you would expect from a project management tool, such as dependencies and date constraints. Unfortunately, though, Wrike lacks a field that allows you to enter a workload in terms of hours. By default, you can assign date constraints and a duration. This is useful for viewing your project in the Gantt view, but it is useless for Workload view. Wrike has a great feature in Custom Fields, which can sort of be used as a workaround for the Workload shortcoming, but why not include it as standard? Since Wrike gives you the flexibility to make tasks as incomplete or as fleshed out as you'd like, one can imagine many useful applications. Tasks and folders are merely vessels and if they can be filled with objects and given handles that are useful to you, then they can serve different purposes. I have folders that I use for staying organized. Wrike is comparable to Microsoft OneNote in this way. Rather than covering my desk with Post-it notes, I create tasks in Wrike. Wrike is like a second brain that lets me forget about the note for the moment and come back to it later. Wrike has many features which make it easy to change a task into whatever you need it to be. Later, my note might turn into a project, or it might remain a private information repository. A useful feature to add would be optical character recognition (OCR), which would allow me to scan documents and turn them into content in a Wrike task. Since Wrike allows you to edit access down to the specific user or collaborator, it can be used like a wiki where you want to share information with other team members, but restrict access for others. I use Wrike tasks to keep track of useful information that I want to share with select few people, which I wouldn't be able to do if I put the information on the company intranet without considerable burden on the IT department. Beware of one major downside to using Wrike, which is that it is dependent on a fast internet connection. Without that, you won't be able to access or edit your information.
December 13, 2016
Trinidad Rebeca C.
UI & UX web designer
Computer Software, 5001-10,000 employees
July 18, 2019

“Great platform for collaboration and project management”

OverallWrike has been really useful for me since thanks to the features it provides it is much simpler to carry out the administration of each task or business project, also being able to collaborate much more efficiently and thus increasing business productivity.
ProsWrike I like because it has a very simple interface so browsing it is not complicated, it offers a nice enough workflow since it has multiple views such as lists, tables, Gantt charts and even workload and they are all set running for the same application because it is a process that is carried out in an automated way, also provides a highly organized chat so using it is very simple and easy, the best thing about this software is that it has a very fast configuration so that starting to implement it will not take much time.
ConsIt has a somewhat old-fashioned design and some of its basic functions are difficult to demonstrate, so it would be ideal for a good design to be implemented since the user will spend a large part of using his program to manage tasks.
July 18, 2019
Caroline S.
Software Engineer
Computer Software, 10,001+ employees
May 30, 2019

“Ideal tool for business project planning”

OverallWrike has allowed to have a better management of planning or organization of business projects thanks to the fact that it provides the tools that adjust to the needs of each team, achieving that the collaboration is much more efficient and thus the productivity is increased in a successful way.
ProsWrike I like it because it is a software that can be used by any type of company or user, that is, it does not matter who is a programmer, or financial worker, because with this tool any individual can go to it to carry out the planning, organization of business projects to do this you only have to drag and drop the documents or information that is of interest, this is thanks to the fact that its interface is easy to use, it also provides the adequate tools to follow up on each of the projects and thus observe in a direct how advanced they are or if it is necessary to make some change, also has the advantage that if you want to integrate with other tools you can do without any inconvenience thus achieving better results and a successful project management.
ConsThis software still has things to improve, one of those aspects is that its annual billing tends to be somewhat high and sometimes it is difficult to understand where it comes from so high a cost so it would be ideal to give more detailed information on each plan.
May 30, 2019
Financial Services, 51-200 employees
April 18, 2019

“Wrike is my daily go-to project mangement tool”

OverallThis is a great project management tool and provides an easy way to collaborate with others, share files, and manage a timeline to meet deliverables.
ProsI love wrike! I use it daily to manage all of my event tasks and requests. Its easy to submit tasks and assign stakeholders, apply due dates, upload files (even files directly from google drive), and track progress. I have created my own event templates that I can copy and paste, that have all the general tasks that need to be completed for each event- so I don't have to recreate the wheel with every project. When duplicating event tasks, I can even apply same assignment rules and descriptions, which is a huge time saver since I often collaborate with the same core team on these tasks.
ConsWhen I duplicate tasks, it often keeps the same old dates rather than adjusting to the current date, so I have to manually update those in each task. Also, if you don't manually mark a task complete, it can stack up and cloud the view of what needs to be done. However, this is something that should just be incorporated into best practices when using the tool...mark complete once finished to clear the queue.
April 18, 2019
Non-Profit Organization Management, 11-50 employees
November 20, 2018

“Lists, Boards, Gantt Charts galore!”

OverallMy overall experience with Wrike was good! I appreciated that the project data could be show in a number of views e.g. lists, boards, tables, timelines, that way it could be tailored to the users preference. Some people visualize and process data differently, so having the option was nice!
ProsA lot of project management software is alike. I think the two things that I appreciated most about Wrike is that ability to add dependencies to projects/tasks/substasks and the analytics dashboard. The dependencies are nice because if something in your project changes (which happens literally all the time), the plan will adjust accordingly, instead of having to spend time shifting tasks around manually. The analytics were nice because it helped us measure productivity and helped us make informed decisions when it came to resource planning.
ConsThis probably less of a software issue and more of an internal set up issue, but I would advise anyone planning on using this system to be thoughtful about how s/he sets up folders and users; I recommend designing nomenclature that makes sense for your team/company. We probably jumped in prematurely without guiding our users on naming conventions and organization.
November 20, 2018
Tony B.
Executive recruiter
Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 501-1000 employees
March 8, 2018

“Project management & collaboration solution!”

OverallI would highly recommend this tool to any team that needs a project management & collaboration solution. Wrike works well for startups and bigger companies, it's good for marketing, engineering, product, and almost any other team. You know, one of those awesome things that are just perfect almost anywhere.
ProsI have had the chance to used several systems designed to help you manage a team, personal tasks, and projects, but none have been as robust and user-friendly as Wrike. With Wrike you can make task managing as easy or complicated as you need it to be. I really enjoy the ability that allows you to create dashboards to see specifically what you want to see and nothing else. At the same time, they provide you with great support as you get going with their product so you aren't left wondering how to use it.
Consthe newest update for the project isn't my favorite. The overall appearance of the Inbox, Dashboard, etc. items looks clean, but as someone who deals with many small tasks rather than large ones, I would like to have the previous design where the category color of the task was highlighted over the bulk of the preview. This made it easy to scan through and find certain tasks that needed completing.
March 8, 2018
Rebecca R.
Software Development Engineer
Information Technology and Services, 51-200 employees
August 27, 2019

“Practical software for business project management”

OverallWrike has allowed the workflow, management and collaboration to have improved positively because it is much easier to distribute the tasks, be aware of important dates and carry out a much fairer workflow since Several people can be assigned a task so that work is accelerated and projects can be completed earlier than planned.
ProsI really like this software because it offers the necessary tools to carry out the management and collaboration of projects, it is easy to handle because it has a fast configuration and nothing complicated so it could be said that it does not require time of such extensive training, it provides an interface that is quite customizable so we can change its color to our favorite to have a more unique interface and that suits our tastes, in addition its interface has been distributed by panels which is much more comfortable and easy since each panel offers different functions such as the details of the tasks, the calendar and reports so working with this software facilitates the administration of the workflow since each task can have one or more people assigned to it what accelerate the workflow.
ConsThe aspect that I do not like about this software is that it contains a fairly high price so its use may be limited because not any company can make such an investment.
August 27, 2019
Marketing and Advertising, 1001-5000 employees
September 30, 2018

“Get your projects sorted, collaborate and hit your deadlines”

ProsOur team decided to go with Wrike to complement our already existing "Slacks" solution for project management. Wrike excels where "Slacks" lacks (no pun intended). For our marketing team (we are around 12), our projects and marketing campaigns faced continues delays and missed deadlines, mainly due to the lack of presence of a bigger picture (Gantt charts sorted that out for us), sorting out tasks, files, approvals with workflows made our operations much more effective and approval processes became much easier once we set them up. - Well rounded project management solution - A mobile app allowing on the go access - Cloud solution, allowing you access everywhere - Workflows for approval and revision are easy to set up and revise - Easy to use and user-friendly interface - You copy tasks from one project folder to another allowing you to quickly setup similar projects (e.g. similar marketing campaigns)
ConsWe had to implement Wrike with Slacks because Wrike lacks any Instantaneous messaging functionality that would allow us to send messages and get quick feedback. And while we love that it is a cloud-based solution, a desktop version (even if it only allows for project tasks status and updates) is a must for our team.
September 30, 2018
Harish J.
Business Development Manager
Consumer Goods, 10,001+ employees
August 7, 2018

“The application enables firms to handle all their complex operations at one location.”

ProsOne of the main advantages is the robust importing feature. The application is very easy to use, and it has helped us to improve team interaction and engagement in the various processes. It doesn't permit duplication of data and you can set task rankings according to its priority. Wrike helps in getting all the data organized and sorted out and you can decide the visibility of the data. It enables micromanagement and you can see detailed reports about the tasks done by each employee. You can tag team members in a discussion, brainstorm and thereby get more ideas and suggestions from them. If you are in search of an application with easy analytics, Wrike is the one. It provides a lot of templates, and you can draft reports using these templates and impress your higher officials!
ConsEven though the application is rich in features, it is quite expensive. A feature that enables the creation of forms would be a great help in customizing the workflows. Some of our team members had taken quite some time to get used to the system and it takes time and practice to get familiarized with the application.
August 7, 2018
Luis C.
Software Developer
201-500 employees
April 25, 2018

“Keep your projects managed correctly and in one place.”

OverallAlways keep updated the status of projects in real time, as each component updates the project based on completed tasks, the work is kept up to date, giving full knowledge about the status of the project.
ProsNothing like knowing what state your projects are in, keeping a complete trace of each of them to know the progress and the time line that is missing to complete it, knowing what each component of your team works on, for this one needs an application of top quality and Wrike is one of them, its headquarters in Silicon Valley guarantees that it is a team that aims high and wants to produce the best, and as far as I have tried it has been like this, they encourage you to give your best as a team and promote healthy competition between teams, is excellent to strengthen your team and you as an individual.
ConsThe times of the team members should not be allowed to lower the morale of others, for example, when one worker has many better times than another, this may feel bad and deteriorate as a professional, you should deal with them to promote them be better and improve your times bringing benefits to the company.
April 25, 2018
Financial Services, 201-500 employees
March 27, 2018

“I've tried many project management tools and Wrike is a cut above the rest!”

ProsThis tool is the perfect combination of structure and flexibility. The folder/project tree is an easy way to organize our work. Our Wrike folders mimic our shared drive folders. I love that everyone on our team can organize their work exactly the way they like. The dynamic views (list, board, table, timeline, stream, etc.) in conjunction with detailed filters is extremely powerful. We are able to slice and dice projects and tasks any way we'd like. I also like that Wrike has stepped up their feature improvement and implementation. When I first used Wrike years ago, not many new features were being rolled out. I'm pleasantly surprised to see additions like emojis and time-tracking categories, and improvements to integrated search, recurring tasks, custom workflows and the inbox.
ConsTo me, the reporting feature is lacking. I've tried to use it a few times and usually find it unnecessary.
March 27, 2018
Stephanie E.
Marketing Manager
February 21, 2019

“The BEST marketing project management system out there, period.”

OverallIf you manage a giant multitude of marketing projects, each one with its own set of 'to do' by many different people, Wrike is YOUR ONLY OPTION. We never even need support because it's so easy to use. Just do it. Your life will be much easier.
ProsEasy to enter project and ad sub projects underneath each one. Add dates and members responsible for each one, with start and due dates. Alerts are set up to come into email, so people stay on top of their tasks. We have thousands of tasks each year, including many trade shows, online paid ad programs, print ads, hosted events, mailers, and more. Each year, we use the 'copy' function which is flexible and allows you to easily move into the next year without a hiccup. We were using an older version of Microsoft project before this. I really don't know what we would do without Wrike!!
ConsThe ONLY little problem we've had is some connectivity issues when using Wrike in Firefox. That's it.
February 21, 2019
Kenneth K.
Chief Operating Officer
Internet, 51-200 employees
June 20, 2016

“A fresh take on task management without giving up tried and true methodologies”

OverallCompany after company has tried to "re-invent" task management and collaboration tools. In the process of re-imagining collaboration tools, many systems forget that some of the tried and true core task management methodologies like waterfall or Gantt charts are actually based on tried and true functionality and merely need to be enhanced, not replaced. That's where Wrike comes in with a fresh team collaboration and communication interface to "augment" the old school task management processes, not scrap them. With rich reporting, real-time visibility into activity and most of the critical integrations (gmail, outlook, jira, etc), Wrike is an excellent refresh on old school task management. And it is CONSTANTLY improving with web and mobile app enhancements. They are quick to push incremental updates as opposed to sweeping overhauls.
ProsReal-time interactions and updates Communications focused Intuitive and full-featured mobile app Most of the critical 3rd party integrations are in place
ConsSystem can lag on loads from time to time and requires a hard browser refresh (may be time for some code clean-up) Chrome browser extension has some quirks that could be improved (like not deleting your notes if switching tabs before submitting the task) Could have more customization of look and feel perspective to make it feel more like a part of each company
Recommendations to other buyersMake sure it has the workflow integrations you need.
June 20, 2016
Marketing and Advertising, 1-10 employees
May 20, 2019

“Wrike is built for true project management.”

Pros Wrike is hands down an industry leader in project management. We tested many other platforms prior to choosing it, and by far is the most robust. Key important features? 1. Ease of use 2. Great team integration 3. Connects to G-Suite
ConsNo customization for organizations with specific branding needs. It won't allow you to lock in a certain theme or GUI based on your organization's needs.
May 20, 2019
Computer Software, 51-200 employees
March 7, 2019

“Wrike has stolen my heart”

ProsAfter using almost every project management software on the market I think Wrike might be the perfect solution. It does it all; from resource load management, to Gantt charts and Kanban boards. The proofing tools for Marketers is an absolute game changer. The request forms are brilliant and reduce the need for superfluous tools in the process. This blows other solutions out of the water. I've used Asana, JIRA, Basecamp, etc., and always had the best team engagement & results with Wrike.
ConsThe variety of options in Wrike might be a bit too heavy-weight for new PMs unless they have a good sys admin or coach overseeing use and best practices. I think that Wrike really shines in teams over 5 people, if you're a 2-3 person operation you can probably get away with something lighter. Honestly, these are the best "Cons" I could think of.
March 7, 2019
Jeff M.
Search Happiness Optimizer
Human Resources, 11-50 employees
February 13, 2019

“Wrike is the Project Management Tool Our Agency Dreamed of”

OverallOur agency was looking for a long time for the right PM tool and as they say, Change is Hard... but not with Wrike. We have about 50 employees on it (from design to devs to marketing to support) and everyone seems to love it - evidenced by the consistent use of it daily. Highly recommended for mid-size agencies.
ProsThe challenge with the many PM tools in the market is either they are super complicated to the point nobody wants to use it or it lacks features you wish it had to help effectively do your job...,. Wrike is the best I have seen. The UI/UX is awesome - tasks open in the same screen (on the right) of which you are working. Setting up timelines, no matter how complicated, is easy via the template feature and ability to easily add new tasks and assign. Keeping track of assigned tasks daily (through a personal inbox and daily email recap) is well thought through. Support is great too - very responsive and offers quick help.
ConsThe initial admin/ramp up phase takes a bit to get used to but really almost every tool does. Wrike is actually quite intuitive. Can be pricey and you want to make sure you scope out what you need early on so you don't over shoot on price for features you might not use.
February 13, 2019
Murali K.
Business Development Manager
Information Technology and Services, 10,001+ employees
January 26, 2019

“One of the best-advanced project management applications I ever used.”

ProsWrike has helped in collaborating with my teams by using spreadsheets, chats, emails and even catching up with the updates of each team in real time. It is perfect for teams with more than twenty people. In just half a minute, you would get a glance at the overall status of a project. The application provides a lot of personalizations, be it in reporting or in the creation of folders. You can use any method to project, kanban, scrum or waterfall. If we need any new features or improvements, we can write them down and they would be responding very soon! If you don't like any particular feature you can turn them off by using Wrike labs.
ConsWrike doesn't provide a desktop version for the client. You need to train the team members and staffs to use this application, and it takes some time to get used to this application.
January 26, 2019
Sherry S.
Telecommunications, 51-200 employees
June 18, 2018

“Integrated with Jira as a shared platform between Project Management and Marketing”

OverallEasy scheduling and reviewing of tasks across individuals and teams. Integration with Jira
ProsAbility to view timeline by individuals allows work to be easily reviewed at a glance. I like how we are able to integrate the software into another system to allow for individuality across teams.
ConsWhile we are attempting to reduce "swivel chairing" by integrating Jira (used by PMs and Engineers) and Wrike (used for marketing tasks) it is sometimes cumbersome to not have everyone in the same system. Wrike isn't necessarily set up to use it the way we do, and as such, it is difficult to see the full name of a task listed in the timeline views we use. Our team had to devise a specific way of naming each task and adding a visual date to the timeline, along with using the actual due date. When tasks sync to Jira the administrators name shows up on every task as if he/she was the one making the change until you click in to see what the change was. Additionally, I get multiple emails: one from Jira and one from Wrike cluttering my inbox
June 18, 2018
Dan R.
Sales Manager
Computer Software, 1001-5000 employees
March 11, 2018

“Get connected with your remote team and stay organized by using Wrike's project management tool!”

ProsWhat I like about Write is that you can create separate folders per projects and assign tasks under each folder. There is a way for you to attach documents so if you need to share files to other workers this feature comes in handy. Don't miss out on important tasks, take advantage of it's email notifications so you know when a task has been assigned to you. You also get visibility on a project's timeline, so anyone new who is brought in to the team will be able to get a good picture of how the project is progressing just by reviewing the timeline.
ConsI also have the mobile app for this and I would encounter issues on the notification. Sometimes it doesn't notify me real-time if there's a new task/comment for me. Good thing that the email notification works great.
March 11, 2018
Erin C.
Primary/Secondary Education, Unspecified
November 24, 2014

“Simplify repeated processes”

ProsOur team members need to follow a similar process each time we engage in a new project. By creating a folder of tasks in Wrike that each team member can duplicate, rename, and use for each new project, we ensure that all team members have access to the same process for their projects. We love the fact that we can schedule these projects based on the due date for the project or based on the start date. Either way, the folder of tasks, once duplicated, maps out the project tasks, and each team member can adjust as needed. We also needed a tool that allowed us to share all or just some of a project with designated stakeholders. Wrike provides this flexibility. The recent development of subtasks has been helpful as well. We employ student workers for parts of some of our tasks, and we can now assign a portion of a task as a subtask for a student worker to complete. The student worker can complete their subtask without completing the parent task, ensuring that the parent task remains active in the project.
ConsWhen we share or assign Wrike tasks with our collaborators who are not familiar with the tool, they find it difficult to use. Those of us who use it every day don't always anticipate the needs of our collaborators who receive an email and then try to interact with a task from a Wrike email. The emails that collaborators (as opposed to full users) receive could provide more context to these novice recipients.
Recommendations to other buyersAfter your larger team has used the tool for 4-6 months, reconvene to discuss adjustments to your processes and to share tips and tricks you have learned. We just did this, and the adjustments suggested both improved our processes and provided training to those who were later adopters.
November 24, 2014
July 16, 2019

“Help your team stay organized”

OverallOverall, Wrike is a great tool that helps teams stay on track and complete tasks in an organized and efficient manner. It's a robust platform that offers a lot of ways for your team to stay connected and on track. It's UI is a bit clunky at times and it's customization abilities can be a bit confusing, but overall it's a great project management resource for teams.
ProsWrike is a robust platform that allows you and your team to keep track of projects, work on projects together, and plan tasks in advance. The user dashboard can be customized to fit how each team member works and processes information. 5 team members could all be working on the same project but Wrike will help make sure they are viewing tasks in a way that's easy for them to process. It also sends you automatic updates to let you know when your tasks are due or when someone has sent you something, so you never lose track of important information.
ConsWhile Wrike can be customized (and this is a great pro) the customization isn't always easy to access or understand. Not only do you need to be careful that you're tweaking your own dashboard and not a team one, BUT you then also need to configure your personal dashboard to receive team updates. It can get a bit confusing if you aren't familiar with how the software works or aren't a tech savvy or patient individual. This quirk could be easily resolved with clearer instructions and an easier interface that takes some of the guess work out of creating customized boards.
July 16, 2019
LOUIS C.
Lead Purchaser / Admin
Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 11-50 employees
June 3, 2019

“Wrike proves to be an invaluable tool optimizing our project management level and skills .”

OverallWrike is by far the most holistic, comprehensive task modeling, and team organizing tool we are happy to say allows our office to boost to new levels of productivity . We highly recommend its use.
ProsWrike has so many features that we like and use with regularity. Wrike's resource management in application functions allow for role specification with regards to task scheduling , milestones, workload capacities, workload duration , and tracking in list . Their dashboard as well as gantt charting are user friendly as well as intuitive. We want to stress that we love and recommend Wrike mostly for its ability to combine what we see as available features from other applications under one umbrella. Widgets, leadership boards, cloud service app integration are all included. Customer service is also responsive and available as are plentiful online support resources .
ConsThe only con we would maybe point out is the learning curve associated with integrating to Wrike software features. But this only because the software is so deep. Wrike is our one stop tool chest for product management.
June 3, 2019
Andrew M.
Managing Director
Design, 1-10 employees
June 26, 2018

“Very simple and intuitive user experience, 21st-century project management and collaboration”

ProsVery simple and intuitive user experience, so easy to get started and plan tasks, time, plan projects, reports, custom workflows. Really like the new Calendar feature.
ConsThere are many ways to do things within Wrike which make it unclear the how best to implement some features, and often limitations which mean that the tool is not as useful as it could be. Examples, time tracking requires a user license so collaborators cant track time, you dont want collaborators to have user licenses because you don't want them to be able to create/edit tasks. The reporting on time tracking is also limited by the fact you cant sort time spent by custom fields which allow sorting of information, the categories are useful but would work with custom fields not instead of them.
June 26, 2018
Christopher E.
1-10 employees
January 6, 2017

“Wrike For Flipping Houses”

OverallI am a software developer by trade and training. We (my wife and I) decided to try our hand at flipping houses. Naturally, I wanted to find some software tools to help support us. After trying many tools we settled on Wrike. My requirements were as follows 1. Was inexpensive enough that we could afford 2. Was cloud-based and had a good experience on mobile and web 3. Allowed us to assign resources to a project without them actually having to use the tool (Good luck getting most small shop trades ppl to use your new software tool) 4. Allowed us to keep information together for a given project 5. Helped us gauge job end dates 6. Allowed us to see critical paths in tasks 7. Allowed us to see where slips were going to happen before they happened 8. Allowed us to do post-mortem reviews of projects so we could use data to hone in on our weak spots What we didn't need 1. Document collaboration 2. Group Chat 3. Group workspaces (i.e. we weren't hosting meetings etc out of the software) 4. Didn't want/need CRM or invoicing features Wrike fit the bill in most of the things we needed. In addition, I have found their customer support to be outstanding, both over the phone and in online chats. The price for higher end features can get expensive, but all in all, it is a good value for the money and would recommend to other people with similar needs. I look forward to seeing how it scales with many projects.
Pros- Intuitive interface -Great mobile solution - Dependencies are easy to create - Reasonable price - Great support
ConsI wish they did not impose a 5 user minimum as we are much smaller than than. I also wish the project sharing was slightly more intuitive
Recommendations to other buyersIf you are looking low friction way of managing timelines and tasks then I think this tool is great fit.
January 6, 2017
Retail, 1001-5000 employees
September 13, 2019

“Wrike make team collaboration work”

OverallWe use Wrike to create and keep track of tasks through the requirements gathering, design, implementation and release communication stages of our work. It works well for that and keeps everyone informed.
ProsWrike allows for easy collaboration on projects. It handles multiple people editing a post description really well. You can see who is typing what, where their cursor is and all in real-time. Searches for existing and past posts is easy and quick. The comment history is very helpful and you have a little time to edit your comment if you accidentally posted it too quick, so you can make those last second edits before anyone sees it! I also love being able to make sub-tasks on a post, on the fly. That is really helpful for breaking down those big projects.
ConsThere isn't much in the way of formatting comments or descriptions, just the basic bulletted list. It would be better to have more editing tools.
Fund-Raising, 1-10 employees
May 15, 2019

“Like a Digital Bullet Journal, Only Better”

OverallIf you're looking for a relatively simple way to track and assign tasks to your team, look no further! Wrike has certainly made my life less complicated.
ProsBefore Wrike, my colleagues and I used paper planners. While I enjoyed the freedom of design this provided me, it also had limitations--limitations that Wrike has eliminated. Now, I can set up timed reminders for tasks and projects alike, collaborate with my peers, and break down complicated projects step by step.
ConsWrike has a bit of a steep learning curve, and some of my colleagues felt overwhelmed pretty quickly. But I suspect this has less to do with Wrike and more with their own (dis)organization. With patience and a little training, this software can become a huge asset to your office.
May 15, 2019
Brianna D. R.
Higher Education, 51-200 employees
November 11, 2018

“A Project Manager's Review on Wrike”

OverallI am on Wrike every day. Wrike is a huge piece of my job. We use it as a communications team of 12. I input project requests, assign a workflow to the appropriate team members and track project process. I manage 1,000 projects yearly, some small and some more complex. I am able to track changes and approvals. I also run reports within Wrike.
ProsThere are many things I LOVE about Wrike but my favorite is being able to add my external freelance designers on certain projects. It allows me to collaborate and keep projects moving. Instead of having to wait for an email reply, I can easily alert my designer in Wrike for a status update, scope change or some other information.
ConsI with running reports in Wrike were more intuitive. Most times, I have a good start but have to manually report. Wrike is perfect if you have less projects for long-term, but I have many projects and it is hard to organize without feeling like there is too much crap in your folders.
November 11, 2018
Stephanie E.
Marketing Manager
January 9, 2018

“The best way to manage marketing projects.”

ProsEasy to add projects with tasks. Assign tasks to users. Send notifications to users. Add notes to projects/tasks so you can see what's changed from year to year. Absolutely WONDERFUL ability to copy an entire project from one year to the next, so you only have to do edits for the next year's plan. Quickly see what you have due, overdue, coming up. View tasks in a list, timeline or several other formats. Make tasks dependent on other tasks. Add design files to items/projects/folders. Support is fast and excellent. Wrike is the BEST and saved us from using an old version of Microsoft Project.
ConsI seriously can't think of one single con. Not one. Price is amazing for what you get. There's nothing lacking.
January 9, 2018
Computer Software, 51-200 employees
February 15, 2019

“Wrike is a suitable, strong PMS offering.”

OverallI've used the Free,Professional, and Business version of Wrike and I feel like the pricing option and features with all the plans are pretty fair. I've seen Wrike get adopted into a few groups in my area and there's been no critical complaints so far. I think that Wrike probably takes a bit more time to get familiarity with than some other services, mostly due to some design choices. But once acclimated, there's a lot of features that a user can opt for at a really competitive price. And for the moment, anyone can at least try it for free, which is a plus in my books.
ProsI really like that there's a free trial available for this PMS. It's limited to 5 people max, but I felt like that was enough to get comfortable with the product before we made any kind of purchase. It does come with some pretty standard Project Management option, such as Gantt charts and workflows. I'm able to set up Agile, Waterfall, and other PM methodologies for our team's projects pretty well on here. I even set up scrum sprints with good results and active feedbacks through Wrike in a very quick time.
ConsA few design features are a bit confusing or archaic. For example, the calendar doesn't really have shared functionality with other services and I haven't seen the ability to display a shared calendar with other Wrike users in my work group. It makes it a bit challenging at certain times to find features that I'm used to seeing displayed elsewhere in other services.
February 15, 2019
October 22, 2018

“Multiple views for multiple workflows”

ProsI do like that wrike has multiple ways of looking at a particular project bucket. Gant-chart view allows you to gagugue tasks via calendar time while there is still the standard ticketing view or swimlane view when the content of the tickets is more important in assessing when something needs to get done.
ConsAlthough there are multiple views, they do lose a bit in terms of translation from one another. Timeline view doesn't have importance indicators nor does the swimlane view show any particularly helpful indications of time or importance outside of which swimlane it's in. This is fine unless you're on a team that prioritizes one particular view but you think of tasks a different way in your head.
October 22, 2018