Avionte Staffing and Recruiting Software Ratings

Overall

About Avionte Staffing and Recruiting Software

Avionte is a leader in enterprise staffing and recruiting software solutions, offering a full suite of innovative end-to-end staffing solutions throughout the U.S. and Canada. Avionte provides a robust platform that includes CRM, ATS, recruiting, onboarding, payroll, billing and business intelligence for clerical, light industrial, IT and professional staffing firms. Serving 25,000 users and over 900 clients. Learn more about Avionte Staffing and Recruiting Software

Shawn V.
Corporate Trainer
November 24, 2015

“Avionte Uses: Staffing vs. Headhunting”

ProsI am in a unique situation where I have trained and used Avionte in both a Staffing and a Headhunting setting. Here at QPS our main focus is that staffing side of the business, but we over the past couple of years our Professional Team has grown as well. Avionte is our sole ATS and CRM on the Staffing side of things and our team including myself love it. There are so many key features that make this product stand out on the staffing side including back-office, reporting, customization, and most importantly a one stop shop for us to run our business. On top of those key features, Avionte has a support staff that is next to none that is here to help whenever we need it.
ConsNow to the other side of the coin and how our Professional Team (AKA Headhunters) have utilized Avionte. A few years ago, our Professional team was utilizing Avionte for our lower end candidates and another ATS for our higher end candidates. Our team decided that Avionte didn't have the key features our other ATS system had and decided to completely get out of Avionte and move over to the other ATS. A few of the biggest reasons why was that the interface of Avionte didn't compare, Avionte wasn't cloud based, and the ease of use of Avionte compared to the other ATS wasn't there either.
Recommendations to other buyersWhen you are considering which software to go with make sure you discuss with your team the type of interface they are looking for. Yes, Avionte is coming out with Aero which will compete with the cloud based products out there, but as with all new products, I'm sure there will be bugs that need to be worked out in the beginning, but if Avionte puts as much time and resources into Aero as they have there Flagship product, I am sure it will be a great piece of software very soon.
November 24, 2015
Patti M.
Executive Assistant
201-500 employees
May 1, 2018

“We have been able to do amazing things with this new software”

OverallWe have had hours and hours of payroll processing time cut by the items that we are able to do with the software. We have been able to upload W2s directly to our company website - employee portal for the employees to download and print themselves. We have saved thousands of dollars in costs related to payroll checks, mailing costs, printing costs, W2 printing, mailing, stuffing envelopes . . . Not having to print every single thing under the sun has been wonderful. Tech support is AMAZING! Our implementation team was wonderful, and continues to be a great partnership. Peace of mind that we are doing things correctly is great. Being able to upload documents directly into the employee file and not contact different branches to be able to see documents. Data entry at the branch level has improved dramatically as the employees are responsible for entering their own information. Makes for so many fewer mistakes. There really are so many things that I have come to appreciate with this software.
ProsVery user friendly. Once you learn the names of items, it is quite simple to go back and forth between different areas of the software, and yet never lose your place.
ConsThere isn't much I don't like. Every problem that I have believed that I had, was able to be either adjusted by Avionte, or I've been able to find a work around that did exactly what was needed.
Laura S.
Director of IT/Systems Advancement

“Industry Focused”

OverallWe have been able to go 100% paperless and continue to find efficiencies in our processes, reducing the resources necessary for data management. Because development has been focused on the new product, the core application often requires lengthy process to achieve results with many stepped procedures like on-boarding. The disconnect between the core and web based has created some confusion for users. Customer service and account management has been very receptive and good, support isn't always as useful.
ProsAvionte is definitely a solution for the staffing industry. They have lagged a bit on innovation in recent years, but seem to be correcting and their new product features look to be solutions that can compete with changing technology and trends in the industry.
ConsSupport often takes a long time on non-urgent issues and the staff isn't always knowledgeable or creative in helping to find solutions to process gaps or changes. Reporting is very convoluted, you have to combine many queries, export in order to get some basic key data. Lack of API is frustrating.
Rosa L.
Dir of Finance
August 1, 2019

“Comparable to leading competitors ”

ProsIt seems like they improved on some of our issues with Bullhorn - pipelining was completely new to us but makes sense to track and we've found it very useful. Also, they are open to feature requests and actually address them or provide alternatives - makes you feel heard.
ConsSome minor features that seem obvious to us are missing.
August 1, 2019
Jose A.
Payroll
May 2, 2018

“Great staff to work with.”

ProsGreat customer service from the whole Avionte team. I like that we have a manager to oversee our company. We like that we have a point in contact to reach when we have questions or concerns. They allow us to set up a weekly call to discuss any items or just to see how he can help us. It is a great product for temporary staffing services. Our business customers are temporary staffing companies which is why we are using Avionte. The back office part of Avionte is what we use mostly. We've had to customize many things within Avionte which helps us in the long run.
ConsThe turn around time for issues encountered or even questions with their Support Team is not something I like. I am not a fan of having to submit a ticket for everything, even if it just a question. I understand the set up but the turn around time is not the greatest.
Beth M.
Vice President of Operations
September 6, 2019

“Staffing Industry specific that is flexible and proactive”

OverallBecause we are no longer just a local staffing provider, we found ourselves unable to keep up with the vast amount of changes without Avionte. The ACA, for instance, would have been impossible for us to navigate and solve without Avionte. They were able to develop solutions and then improve upon them quickly. In addition, they are constantly looking for new partners to add to the service suite. We also love the people and the support they provide us.
ProsWhat initially sold us on this product was that they provided back office solutions that were specific to our industry. They continue to upgrade and update the software to solve the fast moving employment laws at the local, city, state and federal levels.
ConsWe hated that our leadership chose to host the solution instead of going with the cloud base solutions. It was costly and it was very inefficient for us. We've now moved to the cloud and couldn't be happier.
September 6, 2019
Meigann Y.
Business Manager
Human Resources, 201-500 employees
June 7, 2019

“A Work In Progress”

OverallAvionte has improved how candidates are managed and has streamlined several processes for our company which has allowed us to move our data into the digital age.
ProsI like that Avionte is innovative and continues to improve. I also appreciate that the company is willing to take advice from their clients and implement changes that are beneficial to the specific needs of each client.
ConsI don't like that the software has not changed consistently, the changes are somewhat abrupt. For example, we trained and became proficient with the core application and then through Client Connect there was a big push for everyone to begin using Aero, which was abandoned and was only a DH platform for temp agencies. Now, we will be transitioning to a new platform with very few details heading into the new platform.
June 7, 2019
August 10, 2018

“Avionte Core and Web Based Platform”

OverallOverall, we have had a positive experience with Avionte. We have been able to increase efficiency with applications and candidate searches in our system. Also, the customer service is phenomenal. From the call-in customer service to our SAE (sales account exec), everyone is very helpful and understanding of the issues we face when something doesn't appear to be functioning properly. Usually, issues are VERY quickly resolved.
ProsThis software is very user friendly, and the new web based platform navigates easily on mobile devices. Our company has been able to attract more applicants with the web based platform, because they are able to complete our applications on their smartphones or tablets. The ability to text a candidate through the software and have it logged as a message in their record is helpful as well.
ConsThe one issue we have had is that there is currently no way to have an answered text record in the candidate's file, we still have to manually record emails and text responses.
Samantha P.
Staffing Manager
May 28, 2019

“Overall a great product!”

ProsI really like how everything is set up on the front end and how easy it is to access information. I love the amount of reports and their accessibility.
ConsI would say the one thing I have an issue with is not being able to see employee/candidates or customers that are coded under a different "branch" unless I have that specific branch chosen under branch settings. The main time I have an issue with this is when I am working on an order, let's say if an applicant from branch "A" applies to a job within my branch, "B" then I would not know unless I have branch "A" chosen in settings. I try to stay within my branch because our company as a whole has 1000's of applicants and a large amount of work orders so if I have all branches available in my settings it bogs down my screen and slows me down on getting the information I need solely for my branch.
Erik S.
Director of Operations

“Backed by Good People”

ProsThe software is good- very robust and covers everything that we need. We found that there were only 4 staffing software vendors who could do EVERYTHING that we need. Avionte regularly solicits feedback, and shapes their future development based on what the customers are looking for.
ConsThey are a growing company, and sometimes that growth affects the customer. While everything has not run perfectly with Avionte, when the rare problem comes up, the problem gets SOLVED.
Recommendations to other buyersDon't just look at the software, look at the company behind it. There are competitors of Avionte that have a reputation of suing their customers and being sued by their customers. Stay away from those competitors. Ask the management of any software company who the data belongs to (you), and under what circumstances they would hold your data hostage (should be none). Make sure that you take test both the front end and back end of the software. We looked at a couple of options that had a better front end than Avionte, but the backend was a disaster. Also be careful of add-on fees. Third party usually means extra money. Finally- be wary of long term contracts. Avionte does not have them. If software is good then customers will stay. I believe Avionte's customer retention is among the top of the industry.
Dennis B.
June 6, 2013

OverallI began the search for a new ATS system for my business and I had a few "non-negotiable" items that I needed when choosing a new ATS Software company. Over a four month period, I actively looked at several ATS systems and tested four different ATS companies that I felt could provide me with the capabilities that I would need, not only to operate my business but also act as a partner to help grow my business. In choosing an ATS system, I wanted a company that truly cared about my business, had cutting edge technology, flexibility in customizations, was easy to use and more importantly, easy to train my recruiters to use. I also wanted something that required, minimal clicks and had HTML Capabilities to also use as a marketing tool. It was important to be able to pick up the phone and talk to someone, have a quick response time, and a company that was continually upgrading their system and could give best practice ideas. After extensive research, it was evident that COMPAS was the only company that met all of my criteria. The system is off the charts, easy to use, and I truly believe that they care about me and my business. I have never in my experience using ATS systems, met a company that says "yes is the answer, what's the question". In addition, it was huge fear of migrating my data as it is my life line. The migration was quick and accurate. About a week later, I noticed a minor mistake on a categorization (my fault) and made one phone call to the migration team. Within 20 minutes, they fixed my mistake and never interrupted my business for a single moment. In my experience, everyone that I have dealt with in COMPAS genuinely cares about your success, is time sensitive and treats you like extended family. I believe that, that kind of culture does not happen by accident, but instead, is a direct result of leadership and hiring people that are the best in the business. I could not be more happy with my decision to join the COMPAS Family and believe that the best idea is still yet to come. and when it does, COMPAS will be leading the charge.
June 6, 2013

“Avionte reviews”

OverallI attended Avionte Connect and really appreciate everyone's hospitality and willingness to help. It would be better if Avionte was closer to Texas so we could meet more often on processes for better understanding. Maybe more opportunity for webinars/demo's to help guide me through all the new functions.
ProsIt's great that it is now a web based platform, our company hasn't rolled it out just yet but will shortly. From what I can tell, the search function is going to be our biggest advantage moving to the web base module.
ConsDon't like all the functions in the core application, or that we can't make temp orders in the WBM. With that being said, I would really like to see a job board module that shows the team's progression as they fill the orders.
Misty R.
Human Resources Administrator

“Just Enough to Get By”

OverallOverall the software allows us to manage our day to day operations, it definitely has areas of improvement that need to be made that have been overlooked as developers think forward and focus on new developments and projects and seem to forget about old system improvements. The ACA companion app is a perfect example of this, they rushed to get it out, now it gets little to no attention leaving our company and only a handful of others scrambling to manually code our 1095's. Its wonderful this works for other clients flawlessly (So we have been told) but for us its been a headache since the launch and we were told no further developments would be made as the team focused on new ventures. (so basically what I heard was because only your company and a few others have this issue its not really important to us). The software is a good BASIC end to end solution but could definitely do a lot to streamline processes for all of its clients.
ProsAvionte allowed my company to move out of paper applications into the digital age, some of its integrations have been helpful and it has helped us in managing overall employment compliance. I like that it does provide even though flawed an end to end solution for our staffing firm
Cons-Employee documents can be a mess when the employee is longstanding or has had multiple jobs -There is no way to flag an individual who receives an MSO so that if they leave and return benefits is immediately aware -ACA tracking, enrollments, & Deductions 2 separate modules... previous software has auto tracked ACA eligibility because FT/PT status is designated at the assignment level. We have people who work short term PT jobs that then may go on to work a full time job and are genuinely eligible to receive benefits. To date we have not found a method to measure an individual for edibility before the 90 day window. -Unemployment Module- completely barebones, only 2 reports exist when this type of reporting is crucial to business operations. It attaches unemployment to whatever the employees current branch is instead of to the assignment to which the claim was filed, and there is no report or log to show activity on unemployment's. There is a log that shows when the claim is open or closed but no detail as to why, and no initial open date. For performance metrics it is critical to see activity on the claims. It would be nice to see reporting similar to the sales metrics reporting. There is no training or help in understanding how Avionte intended this module to be used. - Help Center a whole bunch of articles that you have to ask your question very carefully and did through several articles to get to your answer. -Finally the system feels Antiquated to other systems
Chisung L.
November 30, 2018

“Breach of agreement and lies of Pete Jacoby, CTO”

OverallI do not recommend Avionte for anyone. My 4 years of Avionte has always been unpleasant, they still use 15 years old technology. Bad reputation all around from vendors. If you really want something like Avionte, try TempWorks instead.
ProsAvionte can do Front office and back office. But that's all that I can say that's cool about Avionte.
ConsIf you sign up with Avionte it's probably due to Front office and back office being together. If you are leaving it's because the product is clunky, slow, constant error messages, slow to innovate, take an average of 30 days for the support team to address any issues. Can't upload screenshot otherwise, I would show all my summary of support tickets. So I decided to leave Avionte and go to Bullhorn. Per the agreement, all data that we entered in such as employee files are the property of my company. So they dumped all my data in FTP. Avionte is notoriously known by many other vendors and other ATS comapny that they play unprofessional and uncooperative with data migration when you decide to leave them. They withheld 5700 employee files such as i-9, handbook acknowledgment, safety docs, onboarding docs, etc. It turned out, the bug in the Avionte core app didn't generate some of the edocs into PDF. I called them every other day for 30 days and nobody would address it. I told them it's enough, I told our account manager I will have my legal team reach out, then account manager, her boss and Avionte CTO called me said it will be difficult for them to generate to PDF so gave me a SQL query where to go find these non pdf generated edocs. Bullhorn told me this was not acceptable. I asked him to generate PDF, he said "Hello Chi, We are examining the missing eDoc PDF data as well as the audit history for configuration changes on your account. I should have more information later today." This was four days ago. At end of the day I didn't get a response so I reached out and he said "We're still working on this - I was updated by one of our DBAs a short time ago. More to come." It's been four days and there has been no update, my email and phone calls are now being ignored.
November 30, 2018
Lauren H.
Lead Staffing Manager

“Comprehensive Staffing Software”

OverallOverally, we've really enjoyed using the software. Our SAE, Aaron, is incredibly helpful whenever we have a problem or question. Avionte allows us to do so many different functions, both front office and back office, and is very comprehensive.
ProsI enjoy having multiple functionalities with the software through the core application and the web based modules. The system is very detailed and thorough, allowing the user to do anything you could possibly need. The portals for our employees and clients are very helpful and user friendly, allowing for quick and easy actions.
ConsThe limitations of the web based modules can be frustrating at times, since it doesn't have full functionality yet.
August 17, 2018

“Effective but cumbersome”

OverallOverall, I believe Avionte was the correct switch for us, especially as the web platform continues to be developed and released. Avionte Connect has been one of the best tools for our group as we learn better with hands-on training and discussion versus web training.
ProsAvionte has been working hard to provide more and more features and ease of use. The continual updates and upgrades have been invaluable and appreciate they are trying to stay at the front of industry trends.
ConsThe core program can be cumbersome, to say the least, but it does offer a lot of features. Unfortunately, most of the software feels much more geared towards industrial staffing versus executive/professional that we specialize in. Because of the difference in use, search features that are standard in our realm of staffing are not readily available in Avionte.
August 17, 2018
Maura H.
Vice President
August 9, 2016

“Continually improving”

ProsI have recommended COMPAS and will proudly continue to do so. My business partners have to be continually striving to be better. The industry moves quickly and technology has to at least remain current. COMPAS has done an exceptional job of staying ahead of the changes so that our team is able to quickly identify leading candidates and present in a timely manner. The customer service is exceptional and we feel that our suggestions and comments are taken into consideration as product enhancements are designed and released.
ConsI am looking forward to the day that some of the applicant functionality is available for the contact profiles!
Recommendations to other buyersAssess your work flow. If you are doing things the same old way because your current system functions that way, you may not be running as efficiently as possible. Be open to some workflow change with new technology, you may be very pleasantly surprised as to how much more efficient you can be! Also, quickly standardize your internal business acumen to align with the terminology used within system, your learning curve will be much quicker.
August 9, 2016
Lynne L.
Account Manager
May 30, 2019

“Avionte Review”

OverallI like that I can add upcoming tasks and updates to client and employee's files.
ProsMany different options in logging messages and updating files.
ConsCan sometimes be difficult to navigate. It would be nice that when an employee is assigned to a job or ends an assignment, the program would automatically change their status from Active/Working. Also when and employee ends their assignment and you put add the date in the file, if you do it within the same week they are getting paid, it bumps them out of the payroll batch. So you have to put in the end date after the payroll has been done.
May 30, 2019
Jay L.
February 8, 2018

“Attractive UI, but that is as good as it gets. Far better products for the money.”

OverallCompas is a product that would be well suited for novice software users that are just looking for a place to store resumes, email, track jobs, etc.
ProsQuick data migration got us up and running quickly. Compas has a pretty UI (user interface). They address product and user issues quickly.
ConsLots of clicks, wonky search, relatively easy to configure, support has been lacking, despite their eagerness to help resolve issues. We often find out that the system is incapable of meeting our requests/needs. Calendar in the system is significantly lacking. Not all fields in the database are searchable. Configuring search in the system is not easy and we find that even the vernacular is not consistent across all "modules" or "sections" in the database. As an example, to search contacts within a radius you search on the term "address", while in the applicant the term is "location". When entering data you can't add a state until you have a country entered, but you are asked to put in the state before the country, so you have to click down, then back up to populate the state. They don't integrate their job application portal with careerbuilder, so applicants on careerbuilder don't enter Compas directly, so lots of manual entry or lots of applicant emails, unless you drive applicants away from the career site (careerbuilder) to your job application page on your website. That said, applications drop significantly when you direct them away from the career site.
February 8, 2018
Cynthia B.
Corporate Trainer/ Regional Manager / Professional Placement Recruiter
August 13, 2018

“We chose Avionte as our ATS supplier”

OverallAvionte has given us the opportunity to reduce the operations workload for our staffing coordinators. We are now streamlined and almost completely paperless.
ProsThe system is very user friendly as we have several integrations making the day to day workload much easier for the staffing coordinators. Some of these integrations include the criminal background check and E-Verify. The E-documents also save the coordinators from completing unnecessary paperwork which is done all electronic.
ConsHow jobs are posted from the job orders out to job boards.
May 4, 2018

“Can't imagine using anything else.”

OverallWe have integrations available for many of the processes we run on a daily or weekly basis. In addition, many of our internal processes and tasks have been streamlined and are much more efficient than what we had with our legacy system.
ProsI like the functionality of the software. There are many things we can do with Avionte that we were unable to do with our legacy system.
ConsI don't like how long it can take to get responses to tickets. I've had tickets open for several weeks to have someone respond back with a simple answer/solution. Didn't appear it should have taken so long to get an answer.
Beth M.
Vice President of Operations
May 2, 2018

“We've been a customer of Avionte for over 3 years now and we are very happy with the software.”

Overallwe were able to meet the ACA challenge head on and be fully in compliance.
ProsI like that it is continually evolving and growing to meet the rapidly changing needs of our industry. WIth the volume of unprecedented regulations and changing legislation, Avionte has been able to meet and evolve with the changes.
ConsSpeed of support has been an issue of late but they are striving to update their processes to bring back the rapid support we first received when we came on board with them. Service is still very good but it can be improved.
Brianna A.
Manager - Payroll & Recruiters

“Highly Recommended”

ProsWe use Avionte for both front and back office purposes. It is very user friendly and holds all the information that we need to do our daily business. Also, the reporting that Avionte is able to complete is awesome, I use reports daily to track our recruiters and the employees.
ConsSome of the function capabilities that we would like to see is a back button and switching from screen to screen. Also, sometimes the ticket system takes a long time.
William S.
Controller

“Avionte”

ProsWe are able to access the software anywhere there is an internet connection. In addition, the software features a full billing, payroll and tax functionality in addition to their front office. Finally, the payroll tax software is excellent. This is very important since we operate in a state with city and school district taxes.
ConsThe current version does not work well on cell phones and tablets. A new version coming out in July will resolve this issue.
Karla D.
Senior HR Coordinator

“Good recruiting software”

ProsIt is very intuitive, able to customize certain setting that work best for me, customer service is great- they care and want you to understand how to fix something so will walk you through fixing it instead of just doing it themselves, updates every month, great online help as well. I have used a few ATSs and this seems to be the best.
ConsHonestly, can't think of anything. It tends to run slow sometimes, but that is probably more on our end.
Eva V.
Hospitality, 51-200 employees
November 15, 2017

“Easy to use. Avionte staff is always so helpful and follow up in a timely manner. ”

OverallAccessibility
ProsSystem very accessible on different platforms. I can pull the system up via the web or my desktop very easily. I don't have to worry about going into the office on the weekends to update employee files, I can just get it done at home and it's safely stored.
ConsPassword changes can be annoying due to the criteria required for a new password but on another side, I feel my information is safe so I understand the criteria required for the new password.
November 15, 2017
Kenny L.
Operations Manager
April 7, 2017

“Great CRM System for our Staffing Agency”

OverallOverall a great system that is good for companies with non-techy employees.
ProsCompas is much more intuitive and easier to use compared to other CRM systems e.g., Salesforce. The UI is straightforward, the pages load quickly, and the steps make sense. Overall, in terms of inputting information, Compas hits the mark in almost all aspects. You do not need to be a CRM wiz or have extensive knowledge in order to enter information into Compas. This is a good and easy to use CRM program that works for our staffing firm.
ConsExtracting data from Compas can be a bit of a hassle, and the reporting capability of Compas is a bit lacking. However, with time, I think they will be able to build a much better report system. Their willingness to work with their clients in creating reports is a huge first step.
April 7, 2017
Taylor E.
Recruiter
September 26, 2019

“Effective and efficient software for recruiting”

OverallBecause of Avionte's many functions, it took time and training to become fluent within it, but today I could not do my job without it!
ProsAll of my candidates are centrally located and relatively easy to look up and contact. It can handle many of the duties of staffing from recruiting to payroll to billing and more. Very versatile and expansive.
ConsThe advanced searches can be a little tricky to figure out. I feel that the search setups could be more intuitive.
September 26, 2019
Lindsay T.
Sr Coordinator
December 6, 2016

“Our second year with COMPAS!”

OverallCOMPAS' software had become such a part of our day to day processes that we sometimes forget it's a separate piece of software. We use COMPAS everyday, for every new applicant, and it makes our operations seamless. We reviewed several CMS systems before deciding on COMPAS and saw a lot of features that we knew we would just never use. COMPAS has everything we need and because it is so easy and straight-forward, our new recruiters don't need much training before they are ready to start posting jobs.
ProsIntuitive - does not require much training for new users New Tabs/Layout - love that each click opens a new tab instead of navigating away from the job, client or employee you are already looking at. Customer Service - everything we need is taken care of Straight-forward - it gives us exactly what we need and doesn't try to up-sell products that don't make sense for our industry, internal staff capabilities, or budget
ConsLiterally nothing...
Recommendations to other buyersThink about what you really need and try not to get sold on extra features that require a lot of extra work before you can find the value-added. Do you need the system to communicate with your payroll, your accounting software, etc or do you just need a system that can find and organize the best candidates and get them into interviews faster?
December 6, 2016
Andrea R.
Recruiting Manager
June 3, 2019

“Avionte Review”

OverallIt's been a good experience and if we ever have any questions, the customer support team is awesome.
ProsEasy to post jobs to our website Quick to create a new ticket Easy to set up multiple departments for invoicing Easy to view new online applicants Easy to keep track of open orders and run special reports
ConsThe only con I can think of at this time is that once you create a favorites group, you can't ever delete it.
June 3, 2019
Human Resources, 11-50 employees

“Avionte Software”

OverallI use it constantly in my duties as a recruiter to track entire onboarding history and payments.
ProsGood range of options to track candidate and employee history. Also stores all client information including invoices and payments. Very easy to navigate software and offers a wide range of functions.
ConsMore options to use email templates. Have found this difficult to use and find myself not sending emails directly through the software.
Jason D.
May 1, 2018

“The platform is great but the help desk needs much improvement. ”

ProsThe front office functions seems very user friendly for the staff. The back office flows well over to quick books from a GL standpoint. We really like the integration with Greenshades.
ConsThe customer service, some tickets take a months to get replied back to and you are left to solve issues on your own. I hear this from many staffing companies that use Avionte and many who have looked at switching.
Michael K.
IT Director
September 26, 2016

“Powerful, flexible software as long as you have a little no how.”

ProsAvionte provides a powerful applicant tracking software solution that can be molded to suit your environment with a little know how and a bit of work. Their project managers are all top notch and will provide some hand holding if necessary, but for the most part if you have in-house IT staff they won't have much of an issue. Their software will force you to take a hard look at your internal processes and if your management staff is willing to make changes you can streamline quite a bit.
ConsI'm not a fan of the trouble ticket system that was put in place about a year and a half ago. It detracts from the personal touch their help desk had prior to that.
Recommendations to other buyersMake sure to do your due diligence when evaluating how this software can save you time and money. By automating our payroll systems we were able to save quite a bit of money in internal staff.
stephanie s.
Staffing Specialist

“Avionte Software”

OverallOverall, the software helps with keeping track of orders and candidates and makes it easier to view previous assignments and ending reasons to help us place employees in the future.
ProsI like how everything flows together, you can attach a message to many different areas and can view the messages no matter what area of the application you are on.
ConsI wish I could assign alerts to remind me of specific tasks
Mark G.
DBA
May 4, 2018

“I've been happily administering and supporting our Avionte installation for 6+ years. ”

ProsThe way it integrates with other software (timeclocks, testing, background checks, green shades, job boards, etc). I like the way aero is shaping up.
ConsSince going from self hosted to hosted we can't self-deploy advanced queries / reporting services reports / DRM's / counters. Tracking down printing or performance issues takes a long time going through the support ticket system.
August 14, 2018

“First Software for Us, Great Decision”

OverallWe have been able to streamline many processes and reduce accounting staff, while making it easier for our front line staff to track applicants and assign them to our customers.
ProsCustomization. Full front and back office integration, everything in one place.
ConsInterface and back office setup can be clumsy. Admin rights should be easier to administer to users. Ability to customize reports would be great.
Carrie L.
System Support and Training Manager
May 8, 2018

“Avionte has been a great provider and partner.”

ProsAvionte's software is a full front and back office package, which includes key integration partnerships that streamline our processes and compliance needs.
ConsDevelopment of Aero, the Saas interface has been slow coming and the legacy product is far behind the competition. Customer Support struggles seasonally and issues can take excessive time to get resolved.
May 8, 2018
Sherri M.
May 1, 2018

“A life saver, We were with another software company and Avionte saved our lives!!!”

ProsUser Friendly, very easy to navigate. Avionte has been a wonderful tool for us, it is wonderful to be able to have all of our functions on one setting.
ConsTrouble shooting and calls into support take a long time. putting in a support ticket takes longer to respond to and then having to call in sometimes you are on hold for a longer than expected time.
October 10, 2018

“Avionte”

ProsThe software is very logically setup and flows very naturally from task to task. There are many customization options with their core application. The back office functionality is excellent.
ConsIt takes several days for a customer support ticket to be addressed. The software is very expensive.
October 10, 2018
Tiffney I.
September 11, 2019

“Great Payroll and Recruiting Software”

OverallMy overall experience with Avionte has been great. It has helped us streamline our payroll, paying our taxes, and with recruiting.
ProsI like that everything you need for payroll can be found with a click of a button.
ConsWhat I like least about the software is the training. You have to be willing to dig around in the system and ask all of the right questions to really master it.
September 11, 2019
Billie O.
Training Manager

“Training Avionte”

OverallI was an end user in the field as a manager prior to coming to my current training role. Good experiences to report from my perspective.
ProsI feel its very functional and as a trainer, easy to train new users on as well.
ConsThat there are 3-5 ways to do most anything in the system. I think two would have sufficed.
Staffing and Recruiting, 201-500 employees

“GoodWork Staffing's review”

OverallNow that the conversion is complete from our old system, we are very pleased with Avionte.
ProsReporting capabilities and the existing report templates.
ConsThe conversion process was longer than we anticipated. When there are system-wide glitches, it would be good to send out an email indicating there is a problem and that the problem is being worked on rather than having to submit an unnecessary ticket only to find out that everyone is experiencing the same problem.
Caleb H.
IT Admin
March 12, 2019

“Avionte - Power to the people ”

OverallThe customer support is awesome. They are super helpful. Its not fully web based yet. Once it is, it will be the best product out here.
ProsThe integrations is awesome. They add it all to our website and temps can create an account do the whole application process from our website.
ConsIt doesn't work with Mac. Which is more or less our company's problem. We have to use a remote desktop app and that is full of bugs and issues. Once avionte is fully web based. It will be so much better.
March 12, 2019
Tim M.
May 7, 2018

“Trusted Partner for our growth”

ProsFront and Back Office solutions are vital to our business model. This eliminates the need to have two softwares to complete daily and monthly functions.
ConsSlow adaption to changing trends in our industry. A more open API is needed to allow end users some customization, and to allow easier integrations.
May 7, 2018
June B.
Talent Director
December 26, 2017

“Great basic ATS/CRM”

ProsEasy to use, teach, and learn. Most people I taught could use it pretty well within a day for basic functions. A lot of reports can be exported easily to Excel and other formats.
ConsReporting is not robust and there is a fee to add any additional reports. Search function is not intuitive for a lot of users.
December 26, 2017
Christina G.
Recruiting Manager
Food & Beverages, Unspecified
May 21, 2015

“Clif Bar Compas Review”

Pros- Excellent Customer Service - I can't say enough about what a difference this makes!!! - User friendly, intuitive - I love the visiual design - Product is always improving and customer feedback is really heard and incorporated - Awesome 1:1 training - Almost never had tecnical issues - Integrated well into our website - Beyond competitive when it comes to pricing!
Cons- Can't require candidates to upload resumes or complete the questionaire - Can't require candidates to provide compensation info - Can't forward questionnaires to hiring managers - Can't easily forward canddiates once they've already been nominated - Can't "unnominate" or "pipeline" somone - No on-boarding tool The first three are the only ones that really caused us issues.
Recommendations to other buyers- Talk to referrals - Test the product, if possible - Understand what's really important and make sure the product has those capabilities
May 21, 2015
Tony R.
Project Coordinator
Construction, 11-50 employees

“Tonys review”

OverallTracking our employees and our customers.
ProsI like the ability to navigate between employees and customers. I also enjoy the fact that are notes are date and time stamped.
ConsSometimes it locks/freezes up. Sometimes the notes that are typed in cannot be seen for 2-3 days.
May 29, 2019

“Better suited for light industrial than 3rd party staffing”

OverallIf you are a light industrial staffing company with very limited search requirements for open reqs, this software might work for you. If you do niche recruiting with many different job requirements that requires specific sourcing (and Boolean searching), you will likely not find Avionte to fit your needs.
ProsAvionte replaced our archaic proprietary software, so it was a vast improvement from where we came from. I like the ability to sort my search results by the last contacted date in the core application. The core application also resembles Microsoft Outlook in the drop downs so I feel like it is pretty easy to use. There are multiple ways to complete the same function so you can use what works best for you.
ConsAvionte is still growing and often has hiccups when they try to roll out new functionality. They will often make changes without notifying users which affect custom modifications we have paid for. We are a 3rd party staffing company in a niche industry and this software is just not made for us. The core application does not have true Boolean functionality and while they are trying to roll out a true web-based SAAS platform, they are far from completion. At present, we have to use 2 versions of Avionte and are limited in our abilities in each platform. Support often takes long periods of time to respond to and/or correct issues.
ely n.
Training and Compliance Coordinator
September 19, 2018

“Avionte Review”

Overallwe have Avionte as our primary software so we use this daily. Avionte has great hidden features that we find every day which is awesome.
Proseasy to find your candidates easy to upload documents easy to enter in applicants
Conshard to pull accurate reports documents that are uploaded can easily be deleted
September 19, 2018
Everett B.
Director Information Technology

“Simple Staffing Software!!”

ProsThis is a very simple and robust software that allows staffing firms to leverage technology and gain an advantage in today's market.
ConsNothing rely, Sometimes the support is a little slow to complete tickets, however a support rep is with you to help you out.