TimeSolv Ratings

Overall
4.7/5
4.6/5
4.8/5

About TimeSolv

TimeSolv helps lawyers and other professionals increase their billable time and get paid faster. We are the most comprehensive, yet easy-to-use cloud time and expense billing software proven since 1999 with over $5.2 billion billed. Join thousands of professionals who trust TimeSolv. TimeSolv can be used off line and online. Compatible with PCs and Macs, iPad and other tablets, iPhones and Android App. Get paid faster with LawPay/Affinipay and Client Portal. Try our 30-day FREE trial. Learn more about TimeSolv

Joy E.
Paralegal
October 2, 2019

“Worth the change”

OverallOur whole process goes so much more smoothly. We used to have to review paper invoices and because the program is so intuitive, our attorneys can review and send invoices at their own convenience.
ProsWe just switched our law firm over to TimeSolv from a much more archaic system and are so glad we did. It's very intuitive so everyone learned the system extremely quickly (even our oldest and least technologically savvy attorneys) and our billing process goes so much more quickly and easily than it previously did. Definitely worth the switch.
ConsEvery once in awhile there's a function that we need that TimeSolv doesn't have yet. But when that happens, customer service has given us workarounds and seems to be taking our feedback and actively working on solutions.
October 2, 2019
Tammy L.
Attorney/owner
August 22, 2019

“Awesome program”

OverallFrom the initial transition to current use, I have been extremely happy with TimeSolv.
ProsTimeSolv is very user friendly. After using another legal billing software program (also had "Time" in its name) that was very user UNfriendly and constantly froze and had a long list of other issues, converting to TimeSolv was a dream. The customer support is also amazing.
ConsThat there is a difference between statements and invoices, and that all clients with balances do not automatically print (if they have not incurred new charges during the billing period at hand).
August 22, 2019
Ruth D.
President and Founder
March 21, 2018

“I've used TimeSolv, first as an agency employee and then as an owner, since 2002. It's indispensable”

OverallAccurate time-keeping; minimal time spent keeping time; professional, accurate reports that are easy to customize and easy to prepare; superb flexibility in setting up projects and making time entries; credibility with our clients (our invoices are never questioned, which contributes to maintaining excellent client relationships); too many more to list.
ProsWe are a fee-for-service organization, so time-keeping is essential. TimeSolv reduces the time we spend keeping track of client service time. Additionally, it allows us to create accurate work statements and analytical tools, literally in seconds. Our clients appreciate the reports as much as we do. And in rare instances of client non-payment, we have been praised by attorneys and judges for our superb record-keeping. Our marketing agency depends on TimeSolv.
ConsBecause the application has such deep functionality, there is a learning curve for administrators and new users. Each new user needs to receive training and will likely have many questions. But TimeSolv has excellent telephone training, tutorials, and customer support. Any function-rich software application is going to require training, so we don't see this as a downside.
March 21, 2018
Jeffrey D. K.
Managing Attorney
Law Practice, Unspecified
August 1, 2018

“Full Service Time and Billing System”

OverallTime and Billing system is greatly simplified, predictable, and cloud based. We've cut our time keeping time down, and made the system cloud based and accessible from outside our office. Love the Iphone/Android app.
ProsEase of use. We switched from a desktop version of Sage TimeSlips to TimeSolv, I was used to dealing with frequent database corruptions, and strange errors. We didn't experience any in the change over, which was super easy. Billing is straight forward, and it's pay per time keeper, with no extra charges for admin staff who query the database or enter time for charged professionals. You can add or subtract time keepers at any time, and the bill is automatically updated with the next monthly charge. There is no pro-ration for partial months.
ConsReports need to be generated online and then downloaded as PDF files. The core functionality to generate reports has been well thought out, but the actual user experience in reviewing those reports could definitely be improved. Frankly, we've been disappointed in the lack of online reporting which is really the standard for this type of product.
August 1, 2018
David H.
January 22, 2018

“Unparalleled customer support. Excellent, custom conversion from 15+ years of Timeslips data”

OverallComplete, useful conversion from TimeSlips. Regular updates. Great customer support.
ProsI can't say enough good about the customer support compared to every other software I've ever used - of any description. I am a sole proprietor, and the time that the reps took to convert my 15+ years of Timeslips data into a mostly familiar format in TimeSolv. Several lengthy phone meetings and training sessions were involved to make sure that they understood what I needed and I understood how to use their product. I have to say, now that I'm adjusting to the new web-based platform, I am able to accomplish my daily timekeeping, invoicing and AR entries with less steps and greater efficiency than I ever did with TimeSlips. The search functions just work better, in nearly every field. The invoices are easier to tweak to my needs and preferences. Although it has taken me a little while to adjust to so many new ways of doing familiar things, it is starting to make sense, and I prefer it to any timekeeping software I have used. And after TImeSolv solved and answered all my questions and got me there, I called the main 800 line for a quick question about how to allocate payments. My call was answered on the 3rd ring and woman instantly had the answer to my question, and made sure I understood what I was doing before she got off the phone. Unbelievable - dare I say old -fashioned? - customer support for a thoroughly modern program.
ConsThe reporting functions a little less intuitive than other functions, to my mind, at least. A quick daily snapshot of time billed today, this week, month, year, would be useful.
January 22, 2018
Kimber F.
Paralegal
October 10, 2019

“Good billing software”

ProsTimeSolv is intuitive and fairly easy to use. Even those who aren't super computer-savvy find it easy to enter time. The timers are an awesome time-saver, and everyone can access the program and enter their own time. Plus it integrates with LawPay to automatically apply payments.
ConsThe retainer feature seems incomplete, and doesn't line up with how we do our accounting, but we've found a work-around. There are a couple of reports that I'd like to see that don't currently exist, but the company seems good about taking feedback and perhaps incorporating it into future revisions.
October 10, 2019
Susan C.
March 26, 2019

“Love TimeSolv!”

OverallMy overall experience with TimeSolv is very positive. I always know exactly where I am on time entry, billing, and expense entry. It's easy to use. For example, I can run a ledger entries report when I'm on the phone with a client trying to determine total hours or expenses, making it possible for me to immediately answer any questions.
ProsWe use TimeSolv for all our time entry, legal billing and I use it daily for client expense entry. I like that I can run reports on Ledger Entries, Expense Entries, etc., at any time. I also think TimeSolv's customer support is excellent. Every time I've had to call for support, I've ended up learning a new function of TimeSolv from the rep helping me.
ConsAlthough I've been using TimeSolv for three years, I still find client invoices extremely confusing, as do most of our clients. I spend a lot of time on the phone when clients call in because they don't understand their invoice.
March 26, 2019
Sarah S.
paralegal
August 15, 2019

“Great Portal ”

OverallWe are able to send invoices to client via email and I like how the client's are able to pay their bill at the same time of receiving same.
ProsI like how easy it is to set up new clients and review their accounts.
ConsI wish that i could open more then one window at a time for a client.
August 15, 2019
Kimberly C.
May 31, 2019

“Affordable - Easy to use - Excellent Customer Support”

OverallAs a new solo practitioner, who researched dozens of systems for months, I am glad I found an affordable solution for my time & billing and trust account needs.
ProsOnce I went through the intro training, all my time & billing and A/R and trust account needs were easily implemented and updates and the system was very easy to use. Best of all, TimeSolv's customer support - especially rep. - is practically on demand and always most helpful with any technical assistance. If they do not know the answer, they will stick with you until they find one.
ConsOnly Con so far is that the document storage system available is not efficient as all files/docs have to be uploaded one by one as opposed to a drag & drop feature or the ability to upload batches of docs/folders/files. For attorneys, this is a critical need (cloud storage and electronic record keeping), that cannot require a lot of time in a law firm. If a solution was found for that issue, I can see me being a TimeSolv user for life.

By TimeSolv Billing on June 5, 2019
Thank you so much for your review! One option to consider to upload multiple documents is to use our integration with Dropbox, which is free to use. Please contact support at support@timesolv.com for more details.
May 31, 2019
March 5, 2019

“TimeSolv is an elegant solution for time-tracking and professional billing.”

ProsThe software mimics what I did on paper years ago. TimeSolv allows you to drill down on a particular day or time period on a calendar to audit your work by client, project, task, or category. The software integrates time tracking and time billing-generating invoices that can be customized and tweaked to be rendered so the client has an understandable and informative presentation of the work performed and expenses incurred. The ability to attach receipts to expense charges is a bonus. Significantly, the support is excellent whether online or direct person to person. The webinars also are supberb..
ConsThere is nothing I do not like about this software, which has been the case for years and, amazingly, the software keeps improving each year by adding incremental features.
March 5, 2019
December 26, 2018

“Timesolve the most capable and easiest to use Time & Billing”

OverallTimeSolv just works. In fact, it does the user's work for you. Time & Billing records are difficult enough by themselves. TimeSolv takes out the mystery. Moreover, if you ever have a question the Support Team is on it right away. And they listen! A few years ago, I made a suggestion which they employed less than a week later. TimeSolv is simply the best!
ProsIt's intuitive. We Mac users--even when forced to use PCs--believe the user should be able to do 95% of the desired tasks without ever opening the user manual. Timesolv meets this standard so well one would think it was designed on a Mac!
ConsTypical of all the time/billing apps, there are too many places to enter "settings" that can cause odd results that are then difficult to fix because you can't easily identify which setting is the culprit.
December 26, 2018
Amy B.
Partner
September 27, 2018

“Easy to use & helpful support”

ProsIt is a really easy software to use. Training new users for our law firm has gone quickly because the software is not hard for beginners to figure out and is very intuitive. I also love that you can enter time from the application which makes it easy to record time when I am away for a meeting or traveling for a client. Any time I have had a question or needed further explanation on how to do something the Timesolv support staff has been very quick to respond and take care of the issue. I have used this software for nearly six years and don't plan on changing.
ConsThe only part of the software that was a little harder to figure out was the conflict and related party piece of the software.
September 27, 2018
Diego P.
Director of Operations
October 1, 2019

“Best Choice Our firm Made for Billing”

OverallThanks to its ease of use, we are able to finish our monthly billing faster.
ProsHow easy it is to use and I can login from any computer and be able to use it.
ConsAt this moment I like almost everything on the software. No Cons in the meantime
October 1, 2019
Anthony F.
Patent Attorney
July 25, 2019

“Good software, but wish there was an easier way to view entries”

ProsI like that TimeSolv is able to receive custom abbreviations and auto-fill from the abbreviations. This makes inputting entries much smoother and faster.
ConsI have found it very difficult to search for entries and/or identify how much time has been billed on a particular matter. Doing so requires a custom report to be generated, which can be time consuming.

By TimeSolv Billing on July 26, 2019
Thank you, Anthony, for the review. You should be able to easily search for entries at Time, Search. Please click 'More Options' (to the right of 'Reset'). There, you are able to quickly search by Timekeeper, Client-Matter, Status, and Billable Type. Please schedule a support session to learn more or visit https://help.timesolv.com/searching-for-a-time-entry/. Again, thank you.
July 25, 2019
Jane M.
Shareholder
March 14, 2019

“Best time keeping software on the market”

OverallThis software is the best. We have tried RocketMatter, ActionStep, Practice Panther, but none compare to the functions available in this software, and the training and support we have received is exceptional.
ProsThey show your target billing for time and collection in a beautiful bar graph or line graph right on the dashboard. You can create easy shortcuts for repetitive entires, and copy entries while adjusting details. It is very fast to load. It also has features to help track commissions to pay and trust account balances. There are numerous options for reports that help managers track performance. Exceptional customer service and training support.
ConsI wish it had a workflow feature to manage tasks.
March 14, 2019
Eva D.
Office Administrator
July 27, 2017

“Best Legal Billing Product!!”

OverallI've been working in Legal support for 20 years and have used a variety of legal billing programs..Hands down - this is THE BEST!!
ProsEasy to learn/use; excellent customer service; makes billing clients a simple process; you can set up different commission percentages for each attorney for each client/matter - program automatically calculates commissions.; you can email invoice/statements directly to clients with one click. Save time and money with Timesolv!
ConsTimesolv takes their customers feedback very seriously. There is very little I can say I like least with this program, as they have added/changed many things to accommodate us and other customers. Wish it had more invoice templates..that's about it
July 27, 2017
Used the software for: I used a free trial
August 1, 2019

“Support Staff was rude, argumentative, and unprofessional”

OverallDisappointing, unprofessional, and a complete waste of our time.
ProsNothing about this software makes it stand out from its competitors.
ConsThe support staff had difficulty handling even a simple training. We worked with representative, who informed us she reports directly to the CEO. She was rude, unprofessional, and worse appeared not to understand her own product. We were testing out the integration into Quickbooks and she couldn't answer the simplest questions. Worse, after we told her several times we did not want to upload all of our active clients into the system from Quickbooks, she did it anyway. And the last straw was when she changed an active client into a "test" client to create an invoice- AND ACTUALLY EMAILED THE TEST INVOICE TO OUR CLIENT CONTACT. She then spent the next 10 minutes trying to argue with my office manager that it was the office manager's fault.

By TimeSolv Billing on August 9, 2019
Hello, we're very sorry for your experience during your free trial with TimeSolv. However, we feel compelled to answer some of your most pointed criticisms. As you'll see by looking at other reviews of TimeSolv, your experience was truly an exception. The rep you worked with has been singled out over and over from various customers for the exact opposite attributes you described. Many, many customers laud her for her professionalism and her exceptional product knowledge. We're confident her knowledge of legal billing and TimeSolv and our integration with QuickBooks are second to none. While demonstrating our features, she made a point of asking if the data in the system was demo data and not for real, active clients. At no time was Tiann told this TEST client housed real client information. We again apologize, but we stand behind our representative and our product and feel our 4.5/5 rating from over 289 reviews on Capterra/Get App backs that up.
August 1, 2019
Gary C.
General Counsel
Packaging and Containers, 51-200 employees
March 19, 2019

“In-House counsel at Small Company”

ProsI practiced for over 20 years at large and small law firms with various time-keeping software packages. When I became General Counsel at my current relatively small company, I considered those firm-centered software packages far too expensive to use to track my time internally. Fortunately, a friend suggested TimeSolv. After a month-long trial period, I was hooked. For a very reasonable price, the TimeSolv package allows me to easily and accurately track my time. Now when I or my stake-holders want to examine how I'm spending my time and how my company is distributing our legal resources, the answers are right at our fingertips. The many pre-formatted reports save me the trouble of defining output formats. Instead, I select one of the (well-designed) existing formats, push a few buttons, and -- boom! -- there it is. Frankly, I wish we'd had this software at some of my previous firms, it's so easy to use. It seems to do everything that I recall ever doing with other time-keeping packages, too. I recommend highly.
ConsMy foremost suggestion (a minor one) would be to have the iPhone-based app automatically update my account, rather than forcing me to push the "Synch" button to make that happen. This is a quibble, though.
March 19, 2019
Kristin L.
Used the software for: I used a free trial
October 22, 2018

“Billing Without the Hassle”

OverallI have tried many billing/practice management software available on the market. Some have so many features entering data becomes burdensome, and consistency in document naming, integration or data entry is difficult to maintain. Others have so few features they leave one wanting for more. TimeSolv is a "middle of the ground" solution that should prove relatively intuitive for new staff, and easily accessible for older attorneys transitioning from paper billing to electronic. Perhaps the best feature of TimeSolv is their customer service. TimeSolv resolved a technical issue I was experiencing within 24 hours, and on a weekend, to ensure I could promptly deliver invoices on a Monday. Having recently started my own firm, after years in the defense market, I have had the unfortunate experience of dealing with too many customer service reps. TimeSolv's customer service experience was by far the most expedient, least painful of all the vendors I have been dealing with recently. I haven't had TimeSolv for very long, but if I don't experience ongoing technical issues, I will highly recommend the software to colleagues.
ProsRelatively easy format for data entry, though the interface appears somewhat dated. Creating matters, time/expense entries and invoices is seamless, and the functionality is sufficient. TimeSolv meets my needs without proving so many options as to bog me down.
ConsAlthough TimeSolv advertises unlimited data storage, there are per document data limits of 10mb. This is unfortunate, as most document dumps, medical records and discovery sets exceed this limit. Breaking up documents is feasible, but not preferential to maintaining the documents in their original form.
October 22, 2018
Francisco A.
Attorney at Law
June 18, 2018

“Setting up LawPay to work with TimeSolv - a breeze, with great support person helping”

OverallIt works and it is cloud based.
Pros - Great value for the money, - Ease to use cloud access - because I often have to be at clients' locations and like to enter my time and costs while still on-site, - Totally usable interfaces for Time, Disbursements, and Invoicing. - But best of all, the ability to design different invoice templates, which - sadly - some of the new competing cloud systems that keep calling me to leave TimeSolv and use their system, just can't seem to have the ability for me to design different billing invoice templates - it's either "my invoice version, or the road" - they basically say. TimeSolv has always been able to allow me to design different templates for the different kinds of clients I have. And I have been using this for 6 years running.
ConsSetting up clients and matters and "related parties," is a bit "clunky" but still usable. It's OK for me, for the clients I have, and the areas of law where I concentrate my practice.
June 18, 2018
Annette M.
Law Practice, 11-50 employees
June 7, 2019

“Wonderful Software”

OverallOur firm was using a dated billing system and time was being keyed by one individual, with billing only being run once a month. Now all timekeepers key their own time and we are able to bill "on the fly", which increases our monthly revenue.
ProsTimeSolv's simplicity allowed our firm to be up and running in no time!
ConsWe have only been using the software for 2 1/2 months but we have not found anything that we truly dislike.
June 7, 2019
Ali K.
Legal Services, Unspecified
July 6, 2018

“Excellent, discovering a new wonderful feature every day. My practice would not thrive without it.”

ProsIt has features which makes time keeping and billing customizable down to the most minute detail, in an intuitive way. Reports keep me on top of everything, I sleep better thanks to Timesolv.
ConsCould be even better if it was possible to record time and disbursements on a mobile or tablet. I bill in different currencies like EUR, Turkish Lira and GBP but there is no foreign currency support. This would add huge value to the application and open the door to international sales.

By TimeSolv Billing on July 10, 2018
Hi Ali, thanks for your kind words! You can, in fact, record time on a mobile and tablet. You can also do disbursements on a tablet as that's the full-featured version of TimeSolv that you can run throuh a browser. Please contact support at 1.800.715.1284 with questions or assistance! Thanks
July 6, 2018
November 20, 2015

“Love this billing solution”

OverallI've been using TimeSolv since I started my own law practice over 5 years ago. My first day in my own office, I got a free 30-day subscription to Quick Books, but I found that it was not conducive to a law practice so I went online looking for something else. I was really glad I did because I found TimeSolv and I've been very happy with it. They include a 90-minute tutorial with a live person so you feel like you get started out on the right foot, then if you have questions, they are always available to help. For about the first year or so, I had to call every month when I was doing my invoices since there was usually something I hadn't done before so needed assistance, but they are always very nice about walking me through it. There's one thing I would change if I could, and that is that a bill gets automatically generated for a client every month until there is a zero balance, even if I added no billable time that particular month. I bill on the first of every month for the previous month, and if I send a client a bill that does not get fully paid off before the next bill goes out, and I haven't done any new work for that client that month, then a new bill doesn't automatically generate. However, I like to send out a bill every month just because I won't receive any further payments unless I do so. I have to "trick" the system into generating a bill by putting an expense on and then deleting it. This is a cumbersome solution so I would rather the system do it on its own. Other than that, though, the system is very user friendly and I have no complaints. Before going on my own, I was at a firm for 8 years and we had a bookkeeper to do all our invoices. When I went solo, I was a little apprehensive about having to do it all myself. Timesolv makes it very easy though, and I tell other lawyers about it all the time. Thanks for a great product!
November 20, 2015

“Love this billing solution”

Kathy N.
Financial Services, 1-10 employees
February 4, 2019

“Not just for Legal Teams”

OverallThe main issue we have solved with TimeSolv is with or Help Desk workers. They can easily time work for each project, we can have a quick view into total hours spent by each person any time of the day we want to see what's going on and who is not actually working right now.
ProsI was worried about using TimeSolv because it seemed like it was for Legal Teams, however, I am very happy with it. It was easy to set up, easy for everyone to use including my contractors. My accountant was easily set up and can move everything to my QuikBooks without issue. Anytime we have a new project it's just a few clicks to set it up.
ConsThere really isn't much we could find wrong with this software for our application of it.
February 4, 2019
Keller K.
March 4, 2019

“Support”

ProsThe program works very well. I hade used TimeSlips for over 15 years but when they switched their data base program it became very slow and their support staff could not fix the problem This if just the opposite of the support staff of TimeSolv. Every time I called, I received very good support. My calls were generated because I was still learning the program and needed help.
ConsThe program is very flexible and therefore there are a lot of different approaches to having the program work exactly as you wish. It just takes time to get it working they way you want but the good news is that the support staff will work with you to get it right.
March 4, 2019
Eunge Y.
Legal Assistant/Office Manager
January 30, 2019

“Extremely happy Timesolv users at our law firm”

OverallOur law firm uses Timesolv for all of our legal billing. I use Timesolv for our law firm to draft invoices, enter payments and expenses, and to create reports.
ProsThe best part about Timesolv is that it is web-based so it is easily accessible. Everyone at our law firm uses Timesolv on a daily basis and it is very easy to use, making it easily adaptable to first-time users.
ConsSometimes the Timesolv site is down or has glitches but thankfully, they are resolved fairly quickly, allowing us to get back to business.
January 30, 2019
Maryellen M.
Non-Profit Organization Management, 1-10 employees
January 23, 2019

“Best Support in the Business!”

OverallI love this company. They have taken my little consulting company into a much better professional place with the ability to capture, and bill for, ALL of my time spent on projects for each client!
ProsThis is a comprehensive program, which is amazing for the small cost. So there is a little bit of a learning curve for someone (like me!) who is slow to learn new computer programs. But the one-on-one support - actual telephone conversations with them looking at your screen and talking you through everything, answering your questions in real time, etc. - is the best! It is like having a free expert consultant to sit next to you and teach you! I honestly would pay much more for this software just because of the support, but since I work for non-profits, am very grateful that there is such a great company that provides this program and support for what I can actually afford. You won't regret this!
ConsThere is a learning curve to get started, especially if you have odd billing needs. However between the on-line written instructions, the one-on-one telephone support, and practice, it is not difficult at all. And the resulting invoices are absolutely beautiful!!!
January 23, 2019
Meghan Z.
Office Manager/Corporate Paralegal
February 15, 2018

“Easy to use product”

OverallEase of use for time entry and invoicing. Typically connects well with Quickbooks.
ProsThe application is easy to use and very user friendly. Easy to change and adjust time and invoicing. Clients like the look of the invoices. Pretty intuitive even for those not familiar with the product. Works well with third party billing systems.
ConsWhen something is not working it can take a lot of time to rectify it although that happens very rarely. I wish there were a few more report options specifically related to time keepers.
February 15, 2018
Traci H.
January 12, 2017

“Great product, used them since I started my firm 9 years ago”

OverallI love this company. They are very responsive and their product is very easy to use. If i make a mistake, they right there to help me. From the very beginning when it was just the original developer helping me even when he was all alone to the present with a full staff, they are very thorough and helpful. I have a boutique law firm and find their product very easy to use. They have all the insurance codes in the product and allow for you to enter more as i have some judges in specific departments that like their own categories for fee motions. I run bills monthly for all types of clients.
ProsEase of use
ConsNone
Recommendations to other buyersGive it a try!

By TimeSolv Billing on January 12, 2017
We love our customers. Your success is our passion.
January 12, 2017
Mindy S.
Legal billing
Legal Services, Self-employed
December 3, 2018

“Some of the best Timesolv Features”

ProsFirst and foremost what's most impressive is the customer service and the training literally on the phone. Their commitment is second to none that you learn the program. Whether one on one or weekly webinars on various features in the program. Conversion from various software is done in house with full guarantee of success. You can also opt for working through the conversions on your own with clear guidelines within their sample import files for the different areas you wish to bring over. One of the nicest features is if you're offline there is the time sync tool for mac or windows to keep track of your input and when there's an internet connection will sync Your entries up automatically. Additionally you can unfinalize bills from any period and when doing so will automatically correct the previous balance of the next bill that will need correction. Menus are clean and logical with tech support constantly working at enhancements and customer suggestions through their ideas portal. Pricing is per timekeeper with the admin staff not being counted or charged for logging in at the backend to do the billing chores. Both QuickBooks Online and QuickBooks desktop are supported. I definitely recommend this cloud billing program for law firms and as the cloud will inevitably take over the server/client environment, TimeSolv is a great investment.
ConsI was not able to customize the bill layout for my client as was necessary
Kari R.
Legal Administrator

“Legal Administrator”

OverallOne of TimeSolv's biggest benefits is ease of access for our attorneys. They can input time anywhere they have an internet signal, 24/7.
ProsI've worked with a number of legal billing programs, and TimeSolv is by far the most user friendly. It's easy entering new clients and matters, entering time and running reports, and when I do have questions, customer service reps know the answers and are always quick to respond.
ConsSetting up and editing invoice templates can be slightly confusing.
Darrell Z.
April 6, 2018

“I began using Timesolv Legal Billing when I started my own law firm in 2008. Never regretted it”

ProsSuper easy to use. Lots of functions. Low cost. Excellent customer service and technical support. I would give 6 stars for technical support if I could.
ConsI never experienced any significant cons. If I had to nit pick something, I would point out that Timesolv did not integrate with my accounting software and it was somewhat difficult to show retainer balances on invoices. However, those issues were not that important to me so I never really tried to work through them.
April 6, 2018
pete t.
August 6, 2016

“A recent and permanent convert to TimeSolv”

OverallI just want to say that as a prior and long time subscriber to Time Slips, our recent conversion to TimeSolv has been AWESOME. What a breath of fresh air! Thanks for developing such a great product; we love it already and am sure we will continue to be impressed as we keep uncovering new features.
ProsWhere to start....we have purchased or demoed countless billing solutions in my firm's multi-year quest to find a better alternative to Time Slips (which we used for the past 12+ years). Clio, Amicus, Bill4Time, Cosmolex, firmcentral, cosmolex, Quickbooks, ebillity, mycase you name it, we tried it. Each had its own selling points, but none offered the whole package. Then we stumbled across TimeSolv. I can't believe we didn't switch to this software earlier. It is outstanding in every way and the simplicity of the user interface has led to ready adoption by everyone in the office and higher usage, and time capturing ratio, than we have ever experienced.
ConsTimeSolv rocks'.there remain some features and deeper customization that I would love to see in future updates, but TimesSlv comes as close to meeting it as anything I've ever used though'they have a big fan here
August 6, 2016
Mary B.
March 2, 2018

“Very easy to learn and use.”

ProsThis program is extremely easy to learn and use. The final invoices are easy to read and interpret, especially the trust accounting portion.
ConsIt does not integrate with my Quickbooks desktop. This makes it difficult because now we have to enter everything twice.

By TimeSolv Billing on March 6, 2018
Hi Mary, thank you for this kind review. We wanted to let you know that we do in fact integrate with Quickbooks desktop! Please reach out to support at support@timesolv.com or 1.800.715.1284 and they'll help get you set up.
March 2, 2018
Anna F.
Legal Assistant
October 14, 2019

“Easy to Use, Great for All Firms”

ProsWhether you've had experience with other timekeeping/billing softwares or not, TimeSolv is easy to learn and use. Their customer service is always available to jump on a call and walk you through new features, help you with specific requests, and answer any questions you may have. The ease of use in addition to the incredible support team makes TimeSolv a no-brainer for firms of all sizes.
ConsThere are specific billing/invoices features that would be nice to have, but TimeSolv seems to be working on these requests to make customer use even easier.
Gary S.
September 29, 2019

“Great time billing software”

OverallI previously used a different product, but it became way too expensive and there was no free support. When I decided to Switch, Timelolv helped me with the conversion. It does take a while to get used to and understand the software, but it is, in most cases, easier to use than my previous product. The support was fabulous and I was able to send out my invoices using the software on time.
ProsAbility to use it anywhere. The way it provides totals for billing The ease of sending email invoices Price Support
ConsCustomizable reports need to be added. Needs the ability to send invoices even if ther was no billing for the month, rather than just the ability to send statements.
September 29, 2019
TONYA J.
PARALEGAL
August 6, 2019

“Review for Timesolv”

ProsThis software is so easy to use once you figure out where everything is located. It took me a few days to find everything. I remind you to take advantage of their videos. The videos help a lot.
ConsWhat I like least about the software is that you have to pay for every time user. For example if three attorneys are going to keep time using the software than all three attorneys will need to pay for the program. Support Staff can not keep time since they are not paying to use the software. It would make it easier is there was a payment plan for a law firm instead of individuals.
August 6, 2019
Andy M.
Attorney /CEO
June 18, 2019

“Ease of Use and Cost make this program Especially attractive for small law firms”

OverallBilling is so simple, just hit the invoicing key and transmit for all your invoices to get delivered by email. No stuffing envelopes and postage for over 90% of our clients!
ProsI was billing in my first hour! TimeSolve assigns a personalized service tech to every new subscriber. She gets back to me in minutes to explain whatever issue I have had! Abbreviations spells out the mundane tasks of itemizing the bill for my clients.
ConsIt would be nice if there would be a"read me" process for learning the program, however, the program is so simple, I can teach a new secretary in 5 minutes.
June 18, 2019
James F.
October 14, 2019

“Straight forward and easy to use”

ProsEasy to use software that addresses all of the things I need to track my time, bill my clients, and collect on their invoices. Integrates well with other software.
ConsI would like more customization in the layout of invoices.
Lael S.
Law Practice, 11-50 employees
January 17, 2019

“Timesolv is great!”

OverallTimesolv billing has positively influenced our law firm. It has made us better organized and more efficient with billing.
ProsI like the ease of use regarding invoicing. I also love the customer support. I get an answer to my questions within a couple hours, at most. Usually faster than that.
ConsSome of the reports are confusing to read, and they don't have a few reports I think would be helpful.
January 17, 2019
Tricia R.
November 21, 2018

“Timesolv is a great choice for a small law firm”

OverallOverall Timesolv has been a good solution for our small firm. You can access Timesolv from any computer as long as you have an internet connection. Customer support is what really makes Timeslov work for our small business. When there is a question about how to do something they are quick to respond and help. There is always a learning curve with any new software and Timesolv helps you through it with customer support.
ProsTimesolv is easy to use and navigate. The customer support is great. We migrated from Timeslips and it was a pretty easy process. Customer support was great in helping us work through a few glitches.
ConsLike any new software there a few things that can be a little different and hard to figure out. Customer service has always helped us in these situations.
November 21, 2018
Lael S.
April 11, 2018

“For the most part I believe Timesolv is very intuitive and a great system to use”

ProsI love the customer support. Our rep is my favorite service rep. She calls me back right away and is always very helpful. I probably speak to her three times a month.
ConsI do not like some of the Reports. I think a few are hard to figure out. And for how intuitive the other tabs are, I wish the Reports were better.
April 11, 2018
Oliver S.
Legal Assistant
July 16, 2019

“TimeSolv is a great for billing!”

OverallOverall, we would highly recommend TimeSolv for law firms!
ProsWhat we like the most about TimeSolv is that it's simple to use and provides an all around good experience for our firm.
ConsThe only thing we didn't like were the glitches and bugs that would occasionally make our invoice-creating process difficult.
July 16, 2019
Vicki C.
Bookkeeper
Legal Services, Self-employed
February 7, 2019

“Support is amazing”

OverallI am an outsourced bookkeeper, working with many different "legal" systems. I have found TimeSolv to be the easiest and the customer support is beyond amazing. Every time I've called, I've had immediate resolution.
ProsEase of use. My attorneys are actually able to use this software!!
ConsThere is nothing I can say negatively in regards to TimeSolv
February 7, 2019
Kristin R.
Business Manager
Accounting, 1-10 employees
November 14, 2018

“Fabulous Product”

ProsThank you for the wonderful support we receive from Support team while I was transitioning from multiple account to one account. I appreciate all the emails, web meetings and patience while I was able to sort through my files. Thank you so much!!
ConsNothing - TimeSolv is a great product!!!
November 14, 2018
July 29, 2018

“I have been a TimeSolv customer for 8 years and I highly recommend it. Great for legal billing.”

ProsMany good features to make legal billing easy. Good support when learning how it works and when you have questions going along.
ConsHave to "trick" system into processing invoice if client did not make a payment, yet there was no new work done for that client. Easy to get around it but it is an extra step.
July 29, 2018
Kathie D.
Office Administrator
March 14, 2018

“I love TimeSolv; it has been able to do just about everything we need billing software to do”

ProsEasy to use, attractive invoices, and great customer support. Additionally, any new user has to undergo only minimal training before they're off and running.
ConsFor the occasions we needed to change entries from Billable to Non-Billable (or vice versa), we have to manually change each entry.
March 14, 2018
John F.
July 31, 2019

“TimeSolv is excellent”

OverallVery positive. Keeps billing succinct and organized. I have used other programs, this one is the best.
ProsEase of use. Customer service. Way in which it keeps billings organized. Metrics are powerful as well.
ConsSometimes billing on multiple matters per client gets jumbled, but this is unavoidable.
July 31, 2019
Jessica A.
July 19, 2019

“GREAT Software!”

OverallOverall TimeSolv has been a great software to use and we are very pleased with it and the quick customer service.
ProsI LOVE that this software syncs client payment in Quickbooks and itemizes everything for me. It saves me alot of time on a daily basis! I also like that clients have access to their portal to make payments and see their invoices.
ConsIt is frustrating that it does not sync with Quickbooks automatically and that I have to do it on a daily basis when new clients are added.
July 19, 2019