Infor POS Ratings

Overall
3.5/5

About Infor POS

Infor POS helps operators in hotels, food services, restaurants, and other hospitality organizations control incoming data from multiple revenue centers. Transactions are securely integrated to leading payment platforms, meal plan solutions, and loyalty applications, making for an easy-to-use, operationally versatile solution. With an intuitive interface, secure transaction processing and a stable cloud architecture, Infor POS can help your organization take the next step in its growth. Learn more about Infor POS

steven a.
March 31, 2017

“I expected better”

Overallduring a recent attempt to switch cc processors I had an interesting experience. I needed the processor switched over so we could reopen. first the day before we reopened I had to call vivonet to check on the progress of the order and had to talk the tech into looking for it and finally found that the new processor had indeed sent over a order but no one had addressed it, So finally some one was going to work on it. the next morning I called again because we were going to reopen in a few hours. Well come to find out there was a problem with the information sent over. No one had called me to let me know there was a problem. I was clear about our schedule to reopen. I was unable to contact the new processor at that late hour I had them reinstall the old processor due to the lateness of the hour. If the tech had contacted me when the problem started I would have been able to got the issue straightened out. I was livid about the lack of contact or concern with letting me know. and for all this I paid you some amount. not only that every month I receive an invoice for 85 dollars but i was charged 90 some amount. over all I am very unhappy and have nothing good to say about or to the staff of vivonet.
Prosi am able to process payments
Consthe staff behind the service
March 31, 2017
Penny P.
Restaurants, 11-50 employees
April 4, 2017

“Outstanding and Quick Response Time”

OverallFor about 6 weeks I was experiencing difficulties with a product supported by Vivonet. They had emailed me to follow-up and offer assistance. The next day as I was experiencing difficulty, i quickly emailed a reply for help and within a minute my phone was ringing and support was on the other end. That was fantastic and actually made my day.
ProsI think its the ease to use and the forever updating and improving of your product.
ConsI haven't watched a tutorial in quite some time because I found them monotoned. I will however try again when I have some time.
Recommendations to other buyersJust keep up the great work and super response time.
April 4, 2017
Ed F.
Multi Service Manager
Hospital & Health Care, 10,001+ employees

“Vivonet /Halo Experience”

OverallStable platform but not user friendly for non savvy users. Cashier experience is ok but BOH Item Harmony with Managers has proven to be difficult to understand managing menu items and programming buttons for new users.
ProsRecipe # Matching and searching, Scanning SKU's
ConsExporting, No Real Time programming, waiting over midnight to validate.
Recommendations to other buyersBest practices should be shared. I've seen a lot of different accounts handle item harmony in many different way resulting in many different outcomes and results. Double entries of the same item, excess plus and items due to too many users, or bad habits.
trina g.
Admin. asst.
Accounting, 10,001+ employees
April 6, 2017

“Sodexo / UNE Review for Vivonet POS”

OverallThe service was Effective, prompt, and helpful. It's easy to get assistance and most issues are solved and handled quickly. The wait time is very reasonable , and the help line tech's are courteous and knowledgeable.
ProsReliability and ease to the user
ConsThe over ring process, cashiers could easily process a sale transaction and than print the slip and write it up as an over ring to take the cash.
Recommendations to other buyersJust to tighten up the Over ring process to avoid theft.
Nicole B.
Chef GM
Food & Beverages, 10,001+ employees

“Review of VIVONET”

OverallInstallation was great the team helped with introduction training and support. On occasion the numbers get jumbled and out of order. I would like for the items in the system to be easier to program at the unit level. Giving the manager ability to make changes day of in the system and reflect day of in the system. Overall satisfied with the equipment and service.
ConsNot being able to make changes in the system that reflect in the system such as entering a new item takes 24 hours to be seen on system.
shawn a.
Restaurants, 11-50 employees
March 28, 2018

“New changes cause 2 hour wait time if you need any support.”

OverallIt went from one of the best companies to the worst in just over a year. Costing us huge by not fixing a problem and they never follow up we have to call and hold for 1.2 to 2 hours every day only to have to start all over with a new person and follow up the next day. There are no managers, no people in charge to help navigate this and we are slowly being buried by this. We are also really upsetting customers and losing sales since we can not redeem or load any gift cards because of settings that the card company needs them to deal with. Worst experience ever in 10 years of retail.
ProsI liked that they charged us a lot of money for the hardware and now that we own it they will not service it. Our touch screen has lost sensitivity on the cash out button so the team has to find the tiny sensitive spot that is left to complete a sale. They say they will not service it and we have to buy a new one.
ConsWhen you need any customer support it is a 1.5 to 2-hour wait. NEVER have I heard of something like this. We have been a loyal customer with a coffee chain and until 2018 this was not an issue. We have also asked them to incorporate the Ontario tax break. Its been over two weeks and we have logged 18 hours and 42 minutes of wait time to follow up with progress. To date nothing has been fixed so we have to pay the tax out of our price. I'm appalled. We also need them to talk to our gift card company at one of our locations to get cards back on line. Its been 11 days and 9 hours of us holding and they still have not helped get our gift cards integrated. Look into other competitors
March 28, 2018
Brian A.
Food & Beverages, 10,001+ employees

“Awesome POS System ”

OverallI absolutely love this system. It's ease of use and the prepopulation of most of the products we use in the database. I ldon't be the drag and drop programming of the registers. I wish our unit would convert to a single pos platform and that being Vivonet. Our other platform Blackboard is clunky in comparison
ProsStreamlined drag and drop product integration
Andrew B.
Franchisee

“Vivonet review”

OverallHave had a few frustrating times along the way but for the complexity of the program it is executed well. An app would be amazing in he future.
ProsCatered to our needs and easy to learn/use.
ConsWhen flaws occur, is effects business.
Recommendations to other buyersAn app would be great
Chris J.
General Manager

“Vivonet Review”

OverallVivonet is a user-friendly program that makes my job a bit easier throughout my work week. Thank you Vivonet!
ProsUser friendly
ConsI would like to enter a product into the system and then have it update the POS on the same day.
Greg S.
March 30, 2017

“Vivonet and Halo at Teva”

OverallBeen using Halo at 3 locations for just under a year, very successful so far. The only concern is the load times for the reports in Vivonet, sometimes I need to close the application and try again later.
ProsThe POS front of house product is great and easy to use.
ConsThe load times for the reports can be frustrating, no report available for separate meal times.
Recommendations to other buyersNo
Bryan B.
Business Analysist
Retail, 501-1000 employees
March 26, 2018

“Don't waste yiur time ir money with this app.”

OverallDon't wait your time or money with this app.
ProsIt allows favorites, but doesn't work most of the time. Updates to IOS updates are extremely slow and the tax is nit updated.
ConsIt is most always down. Normally it is unusable because the updates are not available for the IOS updates and it takes months to get it resilved (4 months fir the iPhone 8). This time it is still unavailable due to it unable to connect to the tax table since January 2018 (3 months). The app is down more than it is usable. We are encouraging management to dump it and find something else. The customer service has been non responsive for the 3 months.
March 26, 2018
Laxmi K.
Supervisor

“Customers first..”

OverallI find Vivonet user's friendly and with very good customers care services. I can usually do all the information and reports pretty easily.
ProsSimple and easy to use
ConsSometime its slow and doesn't update fast
Recommendations to other buyersNot really
Nick P.
Operations Manager
Hospital & Health Care, 1001-5000 employees

“Nick's Review”

OverallFor the most part HALO/ Vivonet register is good. There are many things such as customization of where the buttons go, not being able to batch edit in Vivonet back office, having to wait for items to be approved and exported before going into the register that is the faults of the overall system.
ProsBarcodes and the customer support
ConsNot being able to customize buttons and where they are placed.
Justin W.
Administrator
Accounting, 201-500 employees
March 30, 2017

“I've got 99 problems and 98 are Vivonet. ”

OverallYears and years of hassle. Probably the reason my hair is grey. I dream of finding something better and ditching.
ProsThat you can edit from the cloud.
ConsLack of reliability.
Recommendations to other buyersNo.
Lanette S.
March 30, 2017

“Vivonet provides a good POS system.”

OverallOur store has used Vivonet for almost 6 years. The problems we have had were minor and were settled in a timely manner. The system is easy to use and the straight-forward functions make it easy to train new employees. Customer support has been available when needed. The computer access to additional information is very helpful and the support is available for the minimal training necessary.
Angie C.
April 6, 2017

“Very easy and friendly operating system for restaurant business ”

OverallEverything has been working good so far. The only thing is that we've asked if we can have the words on the customer receipt printed bigger, a lot of our customers said they can't read it because the words are too small, but the support team told us that it can not be fixed, because the size of words are set to be like that in the system.
Ed P.

“Vivonet2017”

OverallA few years ago we had a lot of problems. This was both Vivonet and our school. We were able to work together and troubleshot the issues and come up with a solution. Since then our operation has been issue free. Great reports and ease of use.
Steve G.
March 30, 2017

“Great Especially for Multiple Locations”

Overalllove the simple yet detailed functionality of the system along with usable analytics the repoprts put out. the platform excels greatly at managing multiiple locations.
Mike C.

“Great P.O.S. System”

OverallWe love the system, easy usage, great for training staff on register. Have recommended to others for their businesses.
Kelley P.
May 21, 2014

“just started”

OverallI was a Posi user for 7 years. Started my own place with Halo. Set up, customer service, training has all been amazing. Set up was easy. Very user friendly! It is quick books compatible!
May 21, 2014