Paycor Time and Attendance Ratings

Overall

About Paycor Time and Attendance

Our Time and Attendance application provides cost-effective labor management. Intuitive dashboards make it easy for you and your supervisors to quickly drill down into employee time data. Plus, instant online access allows supervisors to securely edit employee schedules directly on the time card. Features include exception handling, a variety of time input methods, scheduling, custom reports, configurable rules and labor distribution. Learn more about Paycor Time and Attendance

Brianna J.
HR Director
Computer Software, 51-200 employees
September 27, 2019

“Average Time and Attendance System”

OverallWe primarily use the system for our Hourly employees who clock in and out of the system. It's also great for employees who work in multiple departments or do project based work as they are able to toggle between departments/companies and track their project time.
ProsThe Time and Attendance system with Paycor is very user friendly and employees are able to clock in and out on both their mobile or computer device, which is very convenient.
ConsThe system doesn't work well at all for an unlimited time off policy. It only works well for paid-time off policies or accruals. If you have an an unlimited policy, you can use the system, but it will accrue a negative balance.
September 27, 2019
Dana R.
Payroll/ HR Admin
Accounting, 201-500 employees
February 8, 2018

“Great Product for the Price”

OverallIt simplified and shortened the work I have to do. Allowing me to have more time to work on other projects.
ProsPaycor Time and Attendance makes it very easy to track my employees hours, to add their bonuses, and to make custom reports with whatever information I need at the time. One of my favorite features is the dashboard that alerts you when an employee misses a punch or is absent.
ConsA con to this software is that it occasionally misrecords punches when my employees work split shifts. I have to go back into their time cards and and pair the punches so it stops reporting as a missing punch. The only other con i have is that when making custom reports, it is easier for me use use that information in an excel sheet but some of them will only allow you to open it in a PDF format.
February 8, 2018
Amber C.
Customer Service Representative
Consumer Goods, 1001-5000 employees
August 5, 2018

“Simple to use”

OverallI have had a wonderful overall experience with this software. So easy and simple to use and everything I would need is right there so I don't have to jump from site to site trying to find everything.
ProsI like that is is so simple to do everything I need to do on here. I like being able to look at everything, pay dates, pay stubs, tax info, benefits info. All of it that I may need is right there in one spot.
ConsThere isn't really anything I don't like about it. It is very easy to use so you don't have trouble finding stuff and literally everything is there. Its really self explanatory how to use it once you get on there. I am just an ordinary worker, so I don't have any control over how the site shows for us but I like the way it does so this program is definitely doing it right!
August 5, 2018
Donna R.
Sr. Administrative Asst
Airlines/Aviation, 201-500 employees
June 10, 2019

“Paycor”

OverallWe used Paycor for several years and the ease of doing payroll for 50 employees was so easy that I had it done within a couple hours. This program made it so easy to see what hours were being entered and paid. No guess work.
Pros This is a wonderful program that works with the user nor against them. I loved the ease of finding and working with each employees timesheet and the tracking of the employees accruals. This program is easy to read and makes it easy to look at the entries of time without navigating completely away from the employees timesheet. I can track each employees time and copy and paste the main page for an excel document to track what the employee was paid. Unlike most companies I have to manually enter each employees time instead of them clocking in and out and this program made that a breeze.
ConsNothing, this program never gave me any negative issues.
June 10, 2019
Susan M.
Payroll/HR Admin
June 27, 2017

“Paycor time and attendance is user friendly”

ProsBecause of the logical way in which it is presented, Paycor Time/Attendance is great for managers. They can review time cards, view their entire team's work schedule, the scheduled days off for each employee and more. The reporting feature is easy to use and highly flexible.
ConsThere is not much I don't like. I wish one could link to an employee's timecard when looking at their vacation request in order to eliminate having to jump back and forth in the software.
June 27, 2017
Medical Practice, 51-200 employees
November 13, 2018

“Great Time & Attendance tracking program”

ProsGreat Time & Attendance tracking program, allowing for online punches or local hardware for employees to clock in/out. Users have access to review clockings during pay period.
ConsOccassions where clockings do not post to the employee timecard right away, leading employee to clock in/out again. The original punch eventually posts, causing a duplicate clocking. This requires administrator intervention to clear up.
Renewables & Environment, 51-200 employees
March 31, 2019

“For the money Paycor is the best Time and Attendance software out there”

OverallOverall, for the money, you can't beat Paycor-an all around solid product with great customer service.
ProsAesthetically appealing to employees and easy to use for managers and employees alike. Everything employees need is in one place and easy to figure out. The time tracking/allocation functionality of the time-sheets is a great attention for companies with billable hours.
ConsThe geo-fence radius is too wide. Also the reporting feature became, in my opinion became more difficult to use after their most recent product update about a year ago.
March 31, 2019
Scott K.
EVP of Sales
Oil & Energy, 51-200 employees
October 3, 2019

“Time Saving System”

Overallit allows our teams to go straight home after their last job vs drive back to the office to clock out
Prosyou can electronically clock in & out from anywhere-works great for companies iwth multiple locations or remote employees.
ConsYou are a bit on the honor system with your team as the remote employees, unless you have GPS on their vehicle, can fudge what time it really is.
October 3, 2019
Connie M.
Admin Professional
Telecommunications, Self-employed
May 23, 2019

“Attendance to Payroll to PTO to W-2 - It has it all”

OverallGreat software to maintain your attendance for employees...Small to large business. Takes care of your payroll taxes, W-2's all in one place. PT0 as well.
ProsAs an employee, easy place to clock in and out, see my hours for the week and year and track my PTO time. W-2's and payroll stubs available online.
ConsIt rounds you to the next 15 minutes when clocking in.
May 23, 2019
Cheri M.
Database Assistant
October 4, 2019

“Gets the Job Done”

OverallMy company used Paycor Time and Attendance to keep track of all employee payroll.
ProsI liked how in the desktop application it was easy to add or take away time and attendance, as well as keep track of how much I needed to get in for the week.
ConsI didn't like how I the mobile application made it difficult to see a layout of my weekly time and attendance. My HR department complained about how difficult it was to work with the Paycor service team.
October 4, 2019
Hospital & Health Care, 11-50 employees
January 23, 2019

“User friendly Clock in/Clock out”

ProsI like that the product is easy to navigate and that you can see your schedules and benefits easily. Requesting time off is a breeze, I love the pop up calendars to select dates.
ConsSometimes when punching in/out it takes the program a little bit to load.
January 23, 2019
Annie K.
Director of Religious Education
Religious Institutions, 51-200 employees
July 19, 2018

“Our parish uses PayCor for keeping our time and attendance. ”

OverallI can keep my hours easily just using my phone, and once entered I can forget about it, not having to remember to "send in my hours" at the end of the pay period.
ProsI love the fact that I can sign in to work and keep my hours on my phone. Makes it easy when I'm not working at my desk.
ConsI really hate having to type in such an unwieldy password each time I sign in and out. I suppose this can't be avoided, though..... Yet if I wanted to have someone sign in for me, I could certainly give them the password, so having my phone remember my password wouldn't make much of a difference in security as far as I can see.
July 19, 2018
Restaurants, 5001-10,000 employees
December 28, 2018

“Effective and Accurate ”

OverallIt is a little different than other Payroll and Time Clock programs that we have used in the past but it makes it a but easier for us as a large company to keep track of the over 5000+ employees we have.
ProsThe ability to let our managers and employees have access to their Clock times. The ease of ability to quickly adjust and fix any mistakes that were made The accuracy of Overtime and holiday tracking.
ConsSoftware navigation got to be a bit finicky at times and would switch randomly from one page to the next on its own but once we refreshed it a few times we were good to go.
December 28, 2018
Amber C.
customer service
Consumer Goods, 10,001+ employees

“Simply great software”

ProsMakes it so easy to keep track, rearrange, change your schedule. Interface is simple and easy to learn. So easy to use.
ConsThere is nothing I do not like about this software.

“Non-profit Use”

ProsPaycor time and attendance is easy to use for the employees, supervisors and the payroll managers.
ConsThere has been issues with getting the correct hours to automate for paid holidays.
Jennifer T.
Level 1 Rep
Retail, 5001-10,000 employees
July 26, 2018

“Ms”

OverallI liked having everything in one place, and knowing the information was secure.
ProsIt was very simple to use. I liked that everything, paycheck stubs, w2s, everything was all there in one place.
ConsSetting up the account had a few minor problems but other than that there were no issues. Once the account was set up it worked the way it was supposed to.
July 26, 2018
tiffany f.
CSR
Telecommunications, 11-50 employees
August 15, 2019

“So Easy to Use”

ProsEasy to use, lots of functions, even people who aren't technology savvy can use it. It's quick to install. Everything is very organized within the app.
ConsI had a few bugs with it but customer service helped fix it. When our company first started using it, it seemed a bit confusing because it does so much.
August 15, 2019
Cody R.
Painter
Construction, 501-1000 employees
November 25, 2018

“Beautiful”

ProsLove how I can see what time I've missed what hours I've worked how long my breaks was
ConsIt would be nice to request time off on there
November 25, 2018
Jimmy S.
Finance
May 15, 2018

“Not useful for a service based business with majority of employees in the field”

ProsActually we don't like this software. But, the best parts are the attempts it makes at having electronic time sheets, real time hour tracking, overtime warnings, etc.
ConsWe attempted implementing this software for many months and it never lived up to the hype. The app for clocking in and out was still in the development stage with constant changes. The GPS pin point promsie for those working in the field doesn't work on personal phones if the employee turns off their GPS function... no control over this unless our company owned all the phones. We have day hourly rates, night hourly rates, Prevailing wages, etc. and the system cannot handle all of this without a lot of administrative oversight from our office staff. And it's expensive. Could be great if your staff all works from the same office and stays in their specific roles, but as an entrepreneurial start-up with everyone wearing multiple hats, this became impossible to manage. We never fully got this implemented before shutting it down. And again, Paycor customer service fails on the phone... they attempt to do everything by email which became exhausting.
May 15, 2018
Retail, 11-50 employees
February 19, 2019

“Paycor for Hourly Employee”

OverallEasy to use if you are on hourly but hard to change some features if you punch in twice by accident or leave without punching out. Could have more alerts to help this.
ProsEasy punch and go feature and your pay stub can be accessed from anywhere.
ConsSometimes glitchy and takes a while to pull up on certain web browsers.
February 19, 2019
Judson R.
Csr
Airlines/Aviation, 11-50 employees
June 19, 2018

“Hey court time keeping appears to keep my timeframe is for my company and my paychecks fine it's easy”

OverallI get paid
ProsI like clocking in and clocking out and getting paid For the work I do a core makes that easy enough
ConsTrying to find information for taxes is confusing and not user-friendly I and up having to ask my human resources rep for any help because I never remember how to find my information
June 19, 2018
Shalom P.
Associate Director Of Arts and Sciences
January 25, 2019

“Works great but not always the most intuitive ”

ProsIt has all of the things that I need in one place. I can request time off, track sick time, download paystubs, and fill out performance reviews all on Paycor. It works great and meets a lot of needs to make it easier to access needed information.
ConsIt isn't intuitive, I have been using it for the last year and a half and I still find myself clicking around to find certain aspects. It isn't always clear to get to one section from another, for example how to request time off. The performance review is also a little confusing and doesn't always match up between the reviewer and person being reviewed.
January 25, 2019
Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 1001-5000 employees
October 16, 2018

“Good for specific company with generally similar pay rates”

OverallWe originally considered this to be a good solution for tracking time and attendance. The software is a good tool for basic pay plans. When there are different departments (or stores) in your group, with varying pay plans and rates per activity, it wasn't a viable option. This doesn't speak to the quality of Paycor's product, but I think there could be improvements made to support our challenges.
ProsIt takes some work of the managers and puts it on employees to manage their time in and out. Also eliminates misinformation or oversight.
ConsIt didn't work well for our structure with the pay plan in place. So much of our pay is based on specific employee with tiered base rates, and also specific activity per employee. This isn't a Paycor issue per say, but we couldn't find a manageable solution for our diverse pay structure.
October 16, 2018
Anna D.
Director of Quality
Hospital & Health Care, 11-50 employees
September 19, 2018

“Great System, easy to use.”

OverallGreat system to maintain employee time cards and PTO. Easy supervisor approval process.
ProsEase of use Easy to maintain time cards and paid time off for employees Low learning curve training
ConsFlow / paths - easy to get lost and need to return to home to recalibrate Ability for personnel to enter or request updates to times does not exist. Has to be done outside of the system via other notificaitons.
September 19, 2018
Veronica P.
Benefits Coordinator
Retail, 51-200 employees
August 1, 2018

“This product is amazing!”

OverallThis is such a time saver. It lets us know when someone is not within their schedule. It is also a seamless transition over to payroll.
ProsThe best part about this product is that it calculates the attendance points and notifies us when someone has went over the allotted points.
ConsThe setup takes time. There are so many different exceptions. I love the functionality of this product versus what we used prior.
August 1, 2018
Andrew H.
CFO
Health, Wellness and Fitness, 51-200 employees
April 4, 2018

“This has been a great product for a small business, makes the import process seamless to payroll. ”

OverallEasy to use, makes the time card process seamless and efficient for a small business and an affordable price.
ProsSeamless integration into payroll, good oversight and ability to review the time cards with supervisory roles.
ConsIt has taken some time for product development to catch up to competitors. Up until a couple years ago import was manually done from another system. The latest system is much more seamless, but still has some flaws.
April 4, 2018
Jennifer T.
Customer service agent
Retail, 10,001+ employees
April 15, 2019

“Easy to use”

ProsThis software makes it so easy to clock in and out. Also makes it easy to check your points and your vacation or sick pay time.
ConsThere is nothing I don't like about this software.
April 15, 2019
Aaron D.
QA Analyst
Leisure, Travel & Tourism, 51-200 employees
November 20, 2018

“Great time and attendance software”

ProsEasy to use for time and attendance. Can see all the info you need for you. Can use to see benefits info.
ConsThe app for mobile could be better and have more info from the website.
November 20, 2018
Mechele H.
Office Manager / AR / AP
Telecommunications, 11-50 employees
February 6, 2019

“Paycor”

ProsEasy to use, employees can access their pay, deductions, etc.
ConsCharges for configuration with Bernie Portal which we also use and we just want them to connect.
February 6, 2019
Robert W F.
Transaction Processor
Financial Services, 11-50 employees
July 10, 2018

“Fast and very user friendly.”

ProsWhat I like most is everything is in one convenient place. I can keep track of my time and ensure that I am working my allotted hours. It also calculates my overtime which is fantastic.
ConsSometimes my punches don't show right away and I sometimes click the punch to many times before it reads correctly.
July 10, 2018
July 6, 2018

“Absolutley amazing!! Love it!”

ProsWhenever I was working in the food/bar industry this is the software that we used. It was easy to comprehend and everything was simply laid out and explained to you. Pay stubs are easy to get to as well as clocking in and out everyday.
ConsSometimes I would forget my password, which I shouldn't have but it was hard to reset your password on your own. Always need administrative assistance.
July 6, 2018
Gigi G.
HR Director
August 2, 2019

“With certain improvements, it can be the best product in the market”

ProsSo, when I started in my organization, we were using paper timesheets. I know, it sounds like the 1800s. When I spoke with Paycor, they offered this marvelous system that has allowed me to get all my employees time in the system without needing to track paper cards. The information is live, is manual, and it allows you to customize as it better fits your organization.
ConsThe part I struggle with is that there is no way to add a signature. For my audits, it is impossible to show the timecards online without a signature because my auditors do not accept them. If we were able to allow a feature to all employees to be allowed to sign them online, I would change the rating to 20 out 10.
August 2, 2019
Nicole R.
Director of Human Resources
May 7, 2018

“Easy for employees and leaders to use, overall bad customer service with PayCor”

ProsThe system is very easy to use for all employees and leaders. There are a couple quirks, but in general pretty good value for the cost. Most of the functionality works as expected, some is different than explained or initially showed with implementation.
ConsReporting is not the easiest to use and set up, however with a few miss-runs you will typically get what you need. In general the customer service with PayCor is bad. We are constantly switching Rep's which gives me a feeling of instability and concern for someone really knowing how our company and account operate.
May 7, 2018
Nanotechnology, Unspecified
January 9, 2018

“Easy to use, performs perfectly”

OverallMakes time keeping easier
ProsKeeps track of all time punches and downloads to easy to use software for integration to payroll software.
ConsWould to like to have more options for customizing reports and default times and different schedule options
January 9, 2018
Media Production, 201-500 employees
November 27, 2018

“Clean and easy to navigate”

OverallAll in all this is a solid program, with a wellspring of information for employees to access.
ProsAs a user for Time and Attendance. The program provided a wellspring of information for me, from hours worked, Pay stubs, benefits etc... it made it a one stop shop for me, as an employee, making my questions to HR much fewer and far between.
ConsThe tracking fo time took a bit of getting used to, with little things like having to put in a for AM and p for PM. Though with a more recent update some of those issues seem as they are getting resolved
Marta B.
Lien Coordinator
Medical Practice, 51-200 employees
May 16, 2017

“Paycor makes it easy to punch in and out for work”

OverallI love this software because it allows you to communicate with others in the office, request time off, locate HR information, and punch in and out. It also displays overtime.
ProsI like the software because you can request vacation time, punch in and out, look at HR information, find out about past weeks, communicate with others in the office. It is easy to use once you have used it for a while.
ConsIt is difficult to learn. There are a lot of links that are not easy to use. There are two areas to request time off, and one of those links does not work.
May 16, 2017
Michael M.
Payroll Specialist
January 25, 2017

“Review of Time on Demand for Paycor”

OverallI am not a big fan of this system. My employees, specifically the managers, have a difficult time when they need to make a change to an employee's schedule or delete a previously approved leave request. They are constantly calling myself or my HR specialist with help requests for these changes. I find the custom report writing feature to be cumbersome and not at all user friendly. More times than not I find myself having to call our support specialist for help with creating a report.
Melody P.
Payroll Administrator
Health, Wellness and Fitness, 1001-5000 employees
April 30, 2018

“Time and attendance is great product for the employees to use.”

OverallIt's very simple for employees to use along with mid level managers.
ProsThe software is very easy to use at an employee level. It has a simple basic function for employees to clock in and out.
ConsI don't like that the PTO balances are in real time. It does not give a projected balance based on accrual rate and the future payrolls.
April 30, 2018
William R.
Application Support Analyst: Tier II
Higher Education, 501-1000 employees
November 27, 2018

“Paycor: Tracking Time Made Easy”

OverallOverall, Paycor is intuitive and user-friendly. I've never had to reach out for assistance when using the site as it's extremely easy to navigate and look-up specific information.
ProsThe Time and Attendance menu. This feature makes it easy to request time off, keep track of vacation/sick-time accrual and spending, and viewing the archives of all past activity. There's also a helpful calendar view so that you're able to visual everything on a monthly basis.
ConsThere's no way to look at a future accrual date, at least not to my knowledge. If I wanted to know how much vacation time I'll have at a future date, I have to manually calculate the number of hours.
Scott K.
EVP of Sales
Automotive, 51-200 employees
March 11, 2019

“Just Added New Capabilities”

OverallI like that it has a built in directory of the employees in your company, as well as pertinent HR information.
ProsIt has an app, making it easy to view what you need to view.
ConsThe inability to approve vacation requests from the app; you have to go to the desktop site to do that.
March 11, 2019
Health, Wellness and Fitness, 51-200 employees

“Paycor experience”

OverallVery simple and straightforward, don't have to waste time with how and what am I getting compensated for what and how.
ProsIts ease, boldness of and clarity of features, simple to navigate and on time
ConsI felt like I had to constantly scroll down and down
Jody W.
Advertising Executive
Marketing and Advertising, 11-50 employees

“Ease of use”

OverallI like being able to access my tax documents and being able to monitor PTO I have earned.
ProsBeing able to access my tax records, even from previous years.
ConsI have no complaints.
satish p.
consultent
May 31, 2018

“makes attendance management easy”

Proscan track leaves and attendance. auto update of data is good , no need of submit ... run-time data updating is awesome. easy to use for freshers to literals.
ConsI see this application is heavy weight. if multiple users uses this app it gets hang very easily , that is so bad .
May 31, 2018
Melanie W.
HR Manager
Automotive, 51-200 employees
January 25, 2017

“Paycor Time and Attendance not worth the money”

OverallPaycor's time and attendance is not user friendly. The vacation system does not properly deduct the time and therefore it requires a lot of manual entry in the system.
ProsEasy to upload into payroll
ConsNot user friendly.
Recommendations to other buyersPeople can pay less for a user friendly product and better customer service.
Real Estate, 11-50 employees
July 29, 2019

“Big problems with this one!”

ProsIt seemed very easy to use, and I like having all of our HR forms one spot online.
ConsA few months ago, our system had an issue and the entire company received your ad many hours as they should have. This resulted in 6 weeks of messed up paychecks and questionable PTO. I'd be okay with never using this system again.
Marketing and Advertising, 51-200 employees
October 30, 2018

“The basics are solid, and lots of icing on the cake”

ProsI like being able to make pie charts to track my income and pay stubs. It's easy to find and access everything I need. I built a profile with my interests to share with my coworkers, that was fun.
ConsGUI could be a little prettier, but this is a minor flaw.
October 30, 2018
Shannon L.
Director of Human Resources
Construction, 51-200 employees
September 18, 2017

“I attempted to use the time tracking and cancelled it. ”

ProsThe idea of the time tracking that Paycor offers is a great one and their sales pitch on it makes it sound wonderful. If it worked properly, I think it could be a great feature.
ConsI attempted to use the time tracking and never received a call back. I purchased it, paid for it for a year, and no one EVER reached out to me to get it set up, although I had reached out to people numerous times.
September 18, 2017
Carol K.
HR Generalist
September 5, 2017

“Subpar”

OverallThey do payroll and attendance for you.
ProsThe lay out is very nice and the onboarding is very easy for our new hires and rehires to use when starting.
ConsIt does not work the way they say it will be. You can't edit multiple days on the timecard in a row, always issues happening on the back end. Customer support not as helpful as they could be.
September 5, 2017
Alexandra K.
Retail Supervisor
Retail, 51-200 employees
March 29, 2019

“Paycor Review”

ProsIt's nice to be able to pull up your W2s, request days off, and easily access any pay stub.
ConsIt is hard to go in and update your own information.
March 29, 2019
Todd R.
Senior Project Manager
Construction, 51-200 employees
March 5, 2019

“cumbersome software”

ProsI don't like anything about this software
ConsWhen I say I am taking 5 days off and put 8 hours, I only get paid for 8 hours. One must calculate the total hours taken and submit that number of 5*8=40.
March 5, 2019