HiTask Ratings

Overall

About HiTask

Hitask is a unique project and task manager for teams. It helps to focus on team collaboration, getting tasks done and manage an entire project. Learn more about HiTask

Sheila O.
Kitchen Designer
Construction, 51-200 employees
July 31, 2017

“Kitchen Designer - needed a simple, easy to use, and affordable project management system! Found it!”

OverallGreat price - and every feature I needed for my projects. Other software was over complicated, too expensive or missing a lot of features I was looking for. This allows me to keep all my project files in one location, keep track of timed features of the project and I can access it all from my phone!
ProsI was using GlassCubes trial and when the trial was over - I had decided I liked the software and system - and I uploaded about 20+ projects. Little did I realize that each project was a "workspace"and I had gone over my allotted 6 workspaces which put me up to the next tiered monthly charge, I was SOOO disappointed as I had convinced the company I work for to purchase it for my department at the lower tier. Needless to say, GlassCubes disappointment allowed me to find HiTask - which so far - I LOVE. I can share my projects with my support team member so he is up to date with my projects - and I can upload all of my projects. To be honest - there were a few features that I had wished GlassCubes had that they were missing = and HiTask has it! Super happy so far. Thank you! PS - Pros: - Connects directly to my gmail and google calendar. - Has an app that I can connect to my projects from any where at any time! (Love this) - Unlimited projects, file upload, comments sections, task development - ** Best feature - I can make a project Template ( or many specific templates) and just duplicate the template instead of having to recreate all the tasks for the same type of project ( found other software's didn't have this feature)
Cons
July 31, 2017
Individual & Family Services, 11-50 employees
April 16, 2018

“This is the best free task management software around!”

OverallI really feel like I have my brain back I was seriously walking around everywhere with a pen and a pad of sticky notes because I didn't know what else to do, now I just pull up hitask and add everything there!
ProsIt's easy to use, easy to set up, we love that its free! We save so much time and money being have to have ongoing task lists online for multiple people to use! It has turned my to do list into an already done list! I reminds me of all the small tasks that only need to be completed once an month, once a quarter or even once a year! I feel like I have my brain back!
ConsI really wish I could get text reminders about some of my tasks but I can get emails so that's nice. Sometimes the software goes down and you have no idea for how long and there really isn't any kind of customer support.

By Human Computer on April 17, 2018
Thank you for the review. We are sorry that you got an impression that Hitask goes down at any time. Our uptime is officially recorded at 99.9%. And our support is always available, we usually respond within a few minutes. If you can update your review to reflect that we will appreciate.
April 16, 2018
Rob M.
Civic & Social Organization, 1-10 employees
September 10, 2018

“Real easy to use”

OverallGreat for a small team and we value the free version greatly - please, please keep it free!
Pros· It feels very intuitive to use - most of my staff, who are mainly technophobes, seem to get it and understand how to use it. · Getting staff to use it is the next big task - its one thing for the principle to work but we cant easily get people to think about annotating their notes · There is adequate scope for us to make use of the free version - as you may have guessed, free is important as we are being increasingly expected to buy software to keep our systems working and we just don't have the budgets · Love the sub-task function - really useful to break a task down. · Would be good to be able to colour code people and tasks in a way the system remembers - but maybe that is a big ask. · Layout is beautifully clear and useful that we can close down calendar · Haven't explored the left hand functionality yet!!!
Cons· Would be good to be able to colour code people and tasks in a way the system remembers - but maybe that is a big ask.
September 10, 2018
Patrick J.
Marketing and Advertising, 1-10 employees
January 18, 2017

“Best Task Management Software for Businesses and Personal Use”

OverallThis is by far the best task list on the market. I don't mind paying for something that works, and that's productive, I'm currently using the free version but will upgrade as my business grows. I see a lot of other companies try and re-invent the task list resulting in something that is not user-friendly and complicated. This one syncs with Outlook and Google calendars and has apps for all tablets and smartphones. Without any doubt, I Highly Recommend this software for all Entrepreneurs.
ProsEase of use and that it syncs with Outlook and Google Calendar. Can easily share tasks with other employees and works on all devices.
ConsThat it doesn't have a private section for journal writing or to team members.
Recommendations to other buyersOverall it's the best one out there. I have tried over 20 different companies, and this one is by far the best one for ease of use and sharing with other employees.
January 18, 2017
Tyler J.
Development Lead | Senior .NET Developer
Insurance, 11-50 employees
October 27, 2017

“Easy to use, lacks features many competitors provide. Terrible customer service”

OverallEase of use
ProsThis product is very easy to use, but the user interface is not very intuitive. The pricing is fair considering what you will get in return. If you plan to use this for a personal reason then this tool may be sufficient.
ConsSeems to have significant issues with loading a reasonable amount of tasks (<200). Additionally, while reaching out for customer support the response time has always been very sporadic. In addition to the time of response, each of my interactions with the customer support has been poor. The employees have no manners and want to patronize me as if I have no experience with software development. The responses I have been given are very misguided, short, and rude. Ultimately, one of the least pleasant experiences I have had with a customer service team. My team has used this product for a significant amount of time and over the course of that usage have had only 3 support requests in which each were handled in a less than desirable manner.

By Human Computer on November 1, 2017
Hello Tyler, You have been our customer for two years and all you requests and questions were answered promptly and with respect. There was never any "sporadic response time" as we answered always within one day. The points you raise i your review are simply not true and I am wondering how being our customer for two years you never raised any of questions you mentioned. Your review marks and what you wrote contradict itself. For example, you give two stars for value for money and write that pricing is fair in your review. It loks like your review does not reflect our product or support experience and if you would like to contact us and resolve any questions we will be happy to serve.
October 27, 2017
Alexander R.
Director of Technology, Product Manager, UX
Computer Software, Self-employed
January 15, 2017

“One of the best, or THE best, TO-DO and life planning app”

OverallI've used various to-do, personal management, and life planning apps and websites in the last 3-4 years. HiTask for me is better than Todoist, Remember The Milk, Wunderlist, MS Outlook, Google Tasks, Trello, and everything else I've tried. Sorry, I know those companies have tried hard, but the functionality just wasn't there or required a paid membership. The built-in calendar is just excellent for planning and getting an overview of your to-do's ("high-level management"), and the Google Calendar sync is very useful for me. The UI is great (I'm mostly using the website, not the app), and I wish other companies would learn from this platform and start integrating calendar views into their apps. The only thing that's missing - and is very rare for these types of apps - is a motivation/gamification feature to inspire users to accomplish and achieve even more, e.g. by growing a "career tree", collecting rewards, etc. Maybe this will be introduced later. Also, the support team typically responded to my questions and suggestions within 24 hours. I'm a UX architect/consultant and product designer/manager, so if any company out there needs my advice on improving their app or service,
Pros+ All the features I need in a to-do/life management app + Elegant user interface + Google Calendar and Tasks sync + Quick technical support
Cons- Not much. It's nearly perfect.
Recommendations to other buyersTry it! :-)
January 15, 2017
Bethany K.
Administrative Assistant
Financial Services, 1-10 employees
September 6, 2018

“Very satisfied customer!!”

OverallWe are very much enjoying Hitask so far! It has really made keeping track of tasks in our office much easier. We are a team of two in our office and have found that sometimes with the day to day business, tasks get forgotten, mishandled, improperly followed up on, or worse - lost with Microsoft Outlook. Your system is so easy to use, effective because (unlike Outlook) we can both see the same task list, and can access and edit the tasks. It has made our meetings shorter and easier since we can see what tasks have been completed and no longer have to waste time following up with each other! Over-all our experience so far is incredible! Thank you for all that your company does!
ProsEasy to use All on one page (no flipping from screen to screen like Outlook) All members of the team can see the same task list and edit tasks Subtask's make keeping track of the "little things" easier Nice calendar
ConsWork day can not be seen on the page in full (you have to scroll down). One nice thing about Outlook is that the calendar view shows you the whole work day from 8 - 5. This makes it easy when looking at the calendar for your morning tasks or appointments, but also wanting to see the afternoon.
September 6, 2018
Laura W.
Personal Assistant
Sports, 11-50 employees
September 29, 2018

“A task management app that finally gets the balance between completed vs active tasks right”

ProsI had tested other task management apps prior to HiTask. I'm glad I did so because this made me appreciate its richness of features even more. I was impressed with the interface as soon as I opened Hitask for the first time. Having formed an opinion of what I liked and disliked from having tested all the rest, I liked the fact that upon starting up there's a monthly calendar view and an hourly view for the day underneath. So neat! Then the task /event creation is elegantly placed in the middle of the screen and it's rather intuitive and breezy which matters to me. The completed tasks are easy to view. I love that when a subtask is completed it stays in the same place you initially placed it and it's crossed out. This is helpful because even if a task is completed I still want to visualise all of the steps of the project regardless of status.
ConsNot a big deal though - in the all items view, I'd like to see not only my initials for items assigned to me, but also the initials of who assigned that task to me. There are priorities set to tasks, but seeing at a glance who set it informs my approach.
September 29, 2018
Mackenzie B.
August 23, 2017

“Best project management tool I've ever used”

ProsCombines all the features of different software we are using or tried in the past. Has the tools all PMs need to track a project but ease of use that a not technical user can appreciate. The built in collaboration tools are a nice feature as is the ability to store files.
ConsNothing I can't live without. It's not the prettiest pm tool out there - by pretty, I mean visually, aesthetically

By Human Computer on September 9, 2017
Thank you!
August 23, 2017
saj k.
manager
Medical Practice, 11-50 employees
October 14, 2018

“tried to cancel within days of renewal CHARGED ME FOR WHOLE YEAR LOST MONEY!!!”

Proseasy to use, clean interface, good collaboration tools and task assignment
ConsTerrible to take money for services not used, refused to give refund for services not used.
October 14, 2018
Carla V.
Business Manager
April 4, 2018

“So far this is the exact planning software I was looking for. ”

ProsAs a finance manager and personal assistant, my work is very task oriented- NOT project oriented. Therefore software like MeisterTask and BaseCamp that are team and project-centered weren't cutting it. Hitask does it all! If I have a team for a certain project, I can use it for that. But, it also allows me to create recurring tasks lists for the repeating things I have to do on the same day each week. I like the ease of use and the screen display on both my desktop and the mobile platform.
ConsThis is just what I was looking for. I have been using it for a week and haven't found anything I don't like about it yet.
April 4, 2018
Ker R.
Telecommunications, Unspecified
March 15, 2018

“ I am so happy I found HITASK and singed up to it.”

OverallEase of use to manage tasks across multiple clients. Colour coding of tasks and clients.
ProsCongratulations on an absolutely brilliant, fully functioning task manager. You have thought of almost everything that I need and it all works seamlessly. I just say Very Well Done and offer a big Thank You! I expect to be a long term user and when my business grows, my team will be using HITASK also.
ConsWould like more THEMES to be available and would also like HITASK to sync with my Microsoft Exchange server calendar.
March 15, 2018
Allyssa H.
September 11, 2017

September 11, 2017
Real Estate, 201-500 employees
December 10, 2018

“Great Task Management for Teams”

ProsIt is a place for our team to assign tasks to each other and track their progress. It solved a problem that our other task managers could not.
ConsAesthetically it is a little busy. The option to hide or remove unused functions would be nice.
December 10, 2018
M K.
Executive Assistant
Real Estate, 1-10 employees
September 22, 2016

“Great Unless You Have A Lot Of Projects”

OverallI have used this program for 5 months. It is user friendly and the best feature is that you can easily get reminders for tasks. The huge problem I am having, and the reason I am switching to another program, is that it cannot handle a lot of projects and tasks. It directs you to delete or archive task because if you have too many, it slows down the software. It would hesitate for 30-60 seconds as I tried to open a file. I would start typing, and it would freeze up again for 30-60 seconds. So if you don't have a bunch of projects and tasks, this program is definitely worth the money.
ProsEase of use. Reminders for Tasks. Reports are good.
ConsFreezes up. Can't handle a lot of data. Have to use on Google Chrome and not Firefox. The app doesn't work well on Android. The App doesn't show everything that is on the website. Customer Service is practically non-existent. I called the customer service number and got a message that they weren't taking calls. You can email them, but I found it difficult to explain my issues without talking to someone directly.
Recommendations to other buyersIt is very cheap and will work very well if you have a small number of projects.
September 22, 2016
Eric W.
1-10 employees
March 22, 2018

“Simple & Effective Task Management”

ProsThis is EXACTLY the solution me & my team were looking for. Hitask is going to transform our business and help us stay more organized. We have tried other apps before, but nothing compares to the elegant simplicity of Hitask.
ConsSo far we haven't run into anything we don't like. The only feature I would like to see is the ability to customize the calendar bar on the left side of the screen.
March 22, 2018
Goran M.
May 25, 2018

“Great app for small companies”

ProsIt's simple,in the moment you write something important on easy way and track with time. When you get to know it,it's one of the best working coleagues and you go step ahead from anyone who don't use it.
ConsSmall things,like when you get notification on mobile phone screen and when you want to opet,it doesn't open that event,thank your last opened task or page...
May 25, 2018
Jess J.
Copy Freelancer
Sports, 11-50 employees
October 31, 2018

“Great for solo work, and great for collaboration too + powerful calendar”

ProsI've searched high and low for an affordable project and task management tool, and I'm growing fonder of Hitask by the minute. It has a clean and intuitive interface that shows you at a glance whatever you need to know; I like the tabs layout and the calendar view. The completed tasks are properly marked, and unlike other apps I've tried, I can easily visualise the entire projects and all of the previous tasks. Attaching files and collaborating is easy. As a freelancer it suffices for a solo approach, but there are adequate tools for collaboration.
ConsIt's hard to find a project management tool that would encompass answers to all the needs of a business. I really can't find faults with Hitask.
October 31, 2018
Ahmed G.
CTO
Information Technology and Services, 1-10 employees
May 9, 2018

“Very nice products.. EXACTLY what I've been looking for to manage my team and projects..”

Overallorganising my projects and team !
Proseasy to use, has tasks and subtasks, visual plannification, multiple team members, multiple projects...
Consso far, none... still discovering the product... maybe an app for macOS would be great! ... don't really see any major cons...

By Human Computer on May 14, 2018
Thank you for the review. Please let us know why you give 4 stars in quality, ease and features, what can we improve to get 5 stars?
May 9, 2018
E-Learning, 51-200 employees
August 9, 2018

“Best price!”

OverallIt has a very good display where you can have an overlook of all your information. I can't wait to see their next improvementes. Also I really like design and colors.
ProsMy favorite thing is definitely their flat rates for teams which is really appealing for small organisations or startups with limited budget.
ConsI would love to see more integrations available.
August 9, 2018
Bogdan S.
Education Management, 11-50 employees
July 7, 2017

“Visited site, loved design and usability, tried, fell in true love with simplicity, implemented”

OverallBetter productivity, more things done, transparent commuication in the office.
ProsOne screen for everything useful, only essencial features in tasks creation, easy collaboration. The coolest and intuinive design. AND WHAT I LOOKED FOR. HISTORY OF TASK CHANGE! A unique feature and allows to make also comments and every task has its own timeline.
July 7, 2017
February 23, 2018

“As a task software - it does ehat it does, but I am not satisfied.”

OverallJust time amd task management for free.
ProsNo things to like the most. It is regular task monitoring and time managing software. It is easy to work with and somewhat reliable. Good part is that the user cat see everything without scrolling - one one screen.
ConsI don't like that the software has many bugs and crashes often. Also that there is no offline version (at least never saw it).
February 23, 2018
Construction, 501-1000 employees
November 2, 2017

“Customer support is horrible. Find another task management program.”

ProsAbility to add subtasks and make them individually have due dates and required responses from individual users.
ConsCustomer support is horrible. They do not respond quickly, if ever. And there is no need to call their 'real person' number because it's just a recording. Their Skype address doesn't work either. Very poor service.
November 2, 2017
James S.
11-50 employees
August 1, 2016

“What I was looking for!”

OverallThis is a great product, exactly what I was looking for. It's simple, we use it daily in our 20 person team.
August 1, 2016
Shelley H.
Artist
April 29, 2018

“I have tried out this program to see it if it would be useful in helping keep my business organized.”

ProsI really like the time tracking feature, because it helps with billing for certain projects. The collaboration factor and integration with Google is also a big plus!
ConsThankfully, I didn't actually need customer support but in trying to contact them I did realize how difficult that would have been had I needed support. I did figure out the problem on my own in the end, but the lack of communication and very slow response time wasn't good.
April 29, 2018
Tracy S.
March 26, 2017

“LOVE it - Just wish I had it sooner!”

OverallAbsolutely LOVE it. Only regret was I hadn't found it sooner. I also included it in my weekly newsletter to share with my network. I'll be signing up asap.
March 26, 2017

Joanna M.
Educational Assistant SSA
Primary/Secondary Education, 10,001+ employees
August 12, 2015

“2 WAY SYNC WITH GOOGLE CALENDAR”

OverallReally great tasks app for personal use or with teams. The two way sync with Google Calendar is my favourite feature.
August 12, 2015
Eddy H.
Hospital & Health Care, 201-500 employees
March 8, 2019

March 8, 2019
james S.
Risk Director
February 22, 2018

“Excellent Task Management application to help you GET YOUR THINGS DONE!”

ProsHiTask offers a really rounded task management system with a good focus on sub tasks, colour co-ordination and a really useful dashbaord view that allows you to see all your key tasks at once.
ConsWould be nice if there was a free plan option with limited features as this is quite standard now but it isn't bad value for what is quite a comprehensive feature set
February 22, 2018