Amazing Charts EHR Ratings

Overall
3.8/5
4.1/5
3.4/5

About Amazing Charts EHR

Founded by a physician, Amazing Charts is a top-rated EHR for ease of use and also an affordable option for independent medical practices. You can try the system in your practice before buying, which will allow you to see how fast you can chart. Spend less time with your EHR and more time with your patients using Amazing Charts. Learn more about Amazing Charts EHR

maher n.
March 15, 2017

“Loved it but became very pricy ”

OverallI have been using AC for more than 3 years, It made my life beautiful. The problem is that any functionality you need to use (Like patient portal, electronic labs requests, e-prescriptions) is an additional cost to your subscription. I pay $$$$ for the certificate but I have to pay for the customer service another $$$$, now , for patients portal $110 per month , for narcotics e- prescriptions $$$ , for lab corp $$$, for Quest $$$ , lately they called me trying to sell me CCM (chronic care management) , usually we collect on average $$ per patient per month, AC wants to charge me $$ per patient per month. My nurse practitioner have to subscribe as a FULL user which double the price. As for online access, they charge $$ per user per month for our staff, so I have 2 front desk, 1 back desk, 1 MA , 1 manager , 1 Biller , 1 doctor and 1 ARNP , total users of 8 equal to $$$ per month THIS IS A RIP OFF I love it but I can't keep up with their greed. time to change
Proseasy to use
Consvery expensive
Recommendations to other buyersTOO EXPENSIVE

By Amazing Charts on March 22, 2017
Dr. Nana, we are sorry you feel that costs have increased, but the reality is that Amazing Charts is one the most affordable EHR solutions. We must correct a few inaccuracies. A few of the costs you describe are for extra functionality, which you chose to add. The Patient Portal required for MU is included; you are paying for a more robust portal from Updox. eRx is included; any costs for EPCS are paid to a third party. All EHR vendors charge fees for interfaces, and our costs are competitive. There is a one-time fee of $750 per interface (often covered by the lab), and annual maintenance of $150 per interface, with discounts for multiple interfaces, You paid $1,200 once for a lifetime license. You pay $1,195 annually for service, support, and upgrades. An NP is a level-one provider if they sign-off charts and prescribe. Dr. Nana, we encourage you to shop around and compare prices for everything you get today. Amazing Charts will be your most affordable choice.
March 15, 2017
Brian S.
July 10, 2016

“We've been happy with Amzaing Charts”

ProsThis emr has a few very nice selling points. By far, the first is the price. We are a solo practice and I spent a year listening to emr presentations before settling on AC. That was in 2009. There were no emrs that could even come close to AC's cost and still provide the same features and support. I occasionally provide training at other offices in our area that have AC. All of my feedback in the last 5 years has been that these AC offices are able to just about anything those as those that forked out 10 or 20 times more for an emr. The Decision Support feature is fantastic. It is an editable tracking area that we use for all our HEIDIS, PCMH, and meaningful use needs. It was great to finally get rid of the huge ticker files for the yearly physicals, etc. Creating call lists for overdue screenings like colonoscopies and wellness visits can be done in minutes. Not only that, but they can be produced as an Excel spreadsheet instead of printed. AC also connects to an online fax service, Updox. Updox offers a basic patient portal and makes filing faxes easier. Incoming faxes can be sent directly to the patient's chart from the Updox program. It provides HIPPA compliant email, options to send documents to patients, and an option to allow patients to schedule their own appointments. The feature that sold us on this emr in the end is access to it's database. This topic doesn't often come up during emr sales pitches. I have heard several stories from other offices needing to switch emrs and finding out that their files wouldn't transfer or there would be some new fee to make it happen. We have been able to create custom lists with this access for anything that we couldn't do within the emr program itself.
ConsThe customer support typically responds within minutes if we contact them through online chat at their website. I have never been able to call and have their support phone answered though. They will often log into whichever computer is having a problem and fix it on the spot. It is probably best to have someone in the office that has some experience with computers. That isn't always a common employee skill which makes paying more for onsite support sound more comforting.
Recommendations to other buyersOne of the most important questions to ask is does the emr connect to your area's HIE. Make sure it does or will soon. Automatically pulling in radiology, lab, and procedure reports is the biggest emr time saver. It also gives you the ability to search lab results for at risk groups. Find out if you will have access to the database of your own patient information. Ask if there is a cost to export your data should you decide to change to another emr. Expect that you or someone in the office is probably going to have to be in charge of searching google for the random computer problems that pop up or contact the emr to try for arrange someone to log in. Someone will be learning about assembling and networking the office computers or you will need to budget some in office IT support money. Be sure to ask what the wait time for emr support is. Be aware that if you decide to use an online emr that when the internet is down you have access to nothing. Make sure the emr has some kind of feature for creating reports. You should have the option to recall patients lists based on medication, disease, lab result, and hopefully any other hand entered or electronically imported data. The worst news is that any time saved with the emr is going to be spent entering something else into the emr. At least you won't have to find a paper chart ever again though.
July 10, 2016
Lane C.
Owner/psychiatrist
Mental Health Care, 1-10 employees
January 12, 2018

“Almost everything you need on one screen!”

OverallThis my 3rd EMR and my favorite. With supervision of Nurse Practitioners in other locations I've seen other EHR's and this one is the best. The worst are the ones with nothing but clicks and drop-down menus or just being able to show one screen at a time (one I use limits the progress note to the whole screen, can't even see the med list). Support is good despite some criticism. I primarily use the online chat. It's rare that I can't get someone on chat who can walk me through it or take control of the PC and fix it. I use a local server and it's fine, can't afford to lose my EMR if the internet goes down. Cloud based is available.
ProsHaving all these on one screen in separate boxes is great: CC, HPI, ROS, PMH, SOC Hx, Meds, VS, PE/MSE, Dx, Plan and buttons to write Rx or order labs. E-prescribing easy, all pharmacies listed. Make your own templates easily from any screen. Very little clicking and radio buttons which is good if you can type, not so great if you type slowly (can use 3rd party dictation software). Fax, lab integration is good, being able to scan and import as docs, pdf is good.
ConsNewCrops electronic prescribing of controlled substance is cumbersome due to Verizon but they are discontinuing at the end of February and the new vendor Exostar is supposed to be better and reduced clicks. Report generation and letter writer could be improved. Font sizing would be nice feature. Portal integrated with Updox is not particularly helpful or user-friendly and I don't even use it.
January 12, 2018
Alexis R.
Secretary
1-10 employees
April 18, 2017

“I very simple”

OverallAmazing Charts is the top rated EHR according to multiple user satisfaction surveys and is affordable, easy to use, and FREE to try. Unlike most EHRs, Amazing Charts was designed by a physician, allowing you to document more with fewer clicks. Amazing Charts offers a fully integrated Practice Management solution and a wide range of value-adding services to help you increase your practices efficiency and revenue. Additionally, Amazing Charts is ICD-10 compliant and 2014 Meaningful Use certified.
ProsWe did a 30 day free trial period with Amazing Charts while searching for a new EMR system last year. Their EMR was more user friendly than the previous one we had been using (Practice Partner) but still required more clicking around in a patient's chart than what we were looking for. Overall, seemed very user friendly but we wanted an EMR with everything in the patient's chart accessible on one page which it did not seem to have.
Consvery expensive Overall: I have been using AC for more than 3 years, It made my life beautiful. The problem is that any functionality you need to use (Like patient portal, electronic labs requests, e-prescriptions) is an additional cost to your subscription. I pay for the certificate but I have to pay for the customer service another, now , for patients portal per month , for narcotics e- prescriptions, for lab corp , for Quest, lately they called me trying to sell me CCM (chronic care management) , usually we collect on average per patient per month, AC wants to charge me $ per patient per month. My nurse practitioner have to subscribe as a FULL user which double the price. As for online access, they charge per user per month for our staff, so I have 2 front desk, 1 back desk, 1 MA , 1 manager , 1 Biller, 1 doctor and 1 ARNP , total users of 8 equal to $$$ per month THIS IS A RIP OFF I love it but I can't keep up with their greed. time to change
April 18, 2017
alisa p.
Information Technology and Services, 1-10 employees
April 22, 2019

“Solid EHR”

OverallI am the system administrator for a mid-sized medical practice that uses this software. I was with the practice when it migrated to Amazing Charts -- around 10 years ago. I find that it generally functions well. It doesn't quickly integrate every possible new feature, but the features it has are solid. The practice keeps pushing to switch to a cloud-based EMR (and they did so for six months, then switched back) -- but onsite server EMRs are superior when the internet goes down or is slow.
ProsIt gets the job done, it is pretty easy for users to use, tech support is generally knowledgeable. It is easy to install. There is high-quality tech support available on the weekend for emergency issues (I have had to use this service a couple of times over the past decade.)
ConsAs the company has been bought out, the customer support is not as responsive as it used to be. It is nearly impossible to reach them via phone, and chat is only available first thing in the morning. However, they usually call back pretty quickly, and tech support always speaks and understands good English! I dislike that the billing portion of the software is only cloud-based, and that it uses Java. The built in back up program makes a once a day complete backup -- but it doesn't cull old backups, and periodically I have to access it and delete old backups manually to free up space. New server installations require a generated key, requiring a call to tech support, which can be very inconvenient if server hardware fails. (This happened to me.)
April 22, 2019
Tamara S.
March 22, 2017

“ MANY good qualities! a few fixable challenges”

OverallI love the simplicity of use - there are more complicated things you CAN do but you don't have to I love that the templates are so easy to make and its time saving and has My own way I want to express things! I ABSOLUTELY LOVE THAT WE DON"T HAVE TO CLICK AND CLICK AND CLICK! such a joy! I would just brag all the time and feel SO SMUG! the first time I called Guardian Angel support ( as a test during the trial period) I got a call 10 minutes later from a brilliantly intelligent retired nurse in her second career -she was FABULOUS and concise and instructive! I was SOLD! They had me! HOOK LINE AND SINKER! Hurray! REASonably priced- good for a tiny little solo practice person like me You could give suggestions that would help with upgrades- like if you made an error in a 2015 note and typed in the person weighed 865 lbs instead of 165 you could add a late and correctly dated correction attached to that note- You CAN"t do that now but you could make the suggestion and maybe if enough people thought so that could be part of a new upgrade! but.... Hard to reach business office! If you are short on funds + need to submit a different credit card or something- Its hard to reach anyone , guardian angels do not have the correct number but will give various wrong or disconnected numbers, after a few days trying you still don't succeed so your credit card gets charged anyway and after 3 times you get dropped from Amazing charts ( so twice now in about 9 years - seems a little harsh for someone trying to to arrange a payment- THIS could be easily fixed by having a phone #handy on the website that we can call- this is a problem SO easy to fix- if you go through various dropdowns you can find one that does not need a special password- I'm waiting for reply- would hate to loose A.C... but am looking around just in case Unfortunate change in culture of the support staff- usta be when you got them it was worthwhile- they would work with you and give various ideas and eventually the problem was solved- it was more fluid- you could suggest things like I would have suggested - why not have the Cloud reset after less time - so if you get knocked off for an inadvertent double sign on during the weekend- it would reset after maybe 4 hrs instead of 24 hrs- now they just say" No we won't do that." MAYBE they were bought in by a different company? outsourced the support staff to a different group? certainly a fixable problem!
March 22, 2017
David Y.
Computer Hardware, 1-10 employees
August 9, 2019

“Affordable, reliable, easy to use EHR”

OverallExperience is Amazing! No pun intended. It is affordable and runs great. I have installed it at two offices already.
ProsCost. Simplicity. Easy to train new employees on it. Ability to run it off of a local server. Chart flow is smooth.
ConsNothing Negative to say about the software. But the gaurdian angel support has lost its touch since being bought out. We don't need the support unless issue with licences occur,but the support lacks.
August 9, 2019
Jeffrey B.
Physician
February 23, 2017

“After six years of use.”

OverallI recommend Amazing Charts highly. It does everything I asked it to and offered even more. It is well designed, using it is intuitive and the technical support has been superb. In fact, the best of any product or software I have ever used. I am a private practice neurologist who sees tertiary referrals with unusual conditions. Even with this atypical practice, with many fine details of history and examination, Amazing Charts was easy to adapt to my needs. It is also easy to use for my support staff.
ProsSimplicity, ease of use and technical support.. I have used several hospital based EMR's which are all cumbersome and seem aimed away from patient care. Amazing charts allows me to focus on that, my profession.
ConsI have no complaints at all. Any problems I had were easily sorted out, and quickly by support. I have used several hospital based EMR's which are all cumbersome and seem aimed away from patient care. Amazing charts allows me to focus on that, my profession.
February 23, 2017
David A.
August 10, 2016

“Amazing charts reviewed. Longtime user.”

ProsLow-cost. Helped us achieve meaningful use payments.
ConsCharge the same for part-time practitioners versus full-time. Most charge less for part time. Major software glitch several years ago which vendor refused to fix. We were able to get this problem corrected free of charge from computer experts working under a grant in the state of Hawaii. It took them about 100 hours to recapture the data which was lost.
Recommendations to other buyersIt's really difficult to know what you're buying unless you spend considerable time checking out the system. Recommend doing a complete fake patient clinical visit including accessing laboratory and imaging studies.

By Amazing Charts on August 16, 2016
Hi David, Thank you for the feedback! Although other EHR vendors might have different pricing for part-time clinicians, we¿re happy to offer pricing that is much more affordable across the board. Additionally, we¿re sorry to hear to about the issue you experienced several years ago. We want to assure you that we¿ve since made significant improvements to our Quality Assurance processes and as a standard policy all priority defects are resolved in the next release. Finally, we¿re happy to hear you successfully attested for Meaningful Use and think your recommendation to complete a fake patient visit prior to purchasing is a great one -- we agree and offer a free trial so clinicians can do this. Thanks again for the feedback and we appreciate your understanding as we strive to deliver excellent service and support to you!
August 10, 2016
Derek C.
June 19, 2018

“The product is very user friendly for the most part”

OverallWe have recommended this product to 6 other practices that all currently use. Each practice has its own customization and each practice prefers this over many other EMRs. Overall a good user friendly product
ProsEasy to use, reasonably priced per provider, tech support knows how to fix a problem, you can add additional features that fit your practice (at a price), latest version is MIPS certified
ConsMIPS system is somewhat complicated to use and sometimes requires retraining staff, upgrading to newest version no longer has free tech support, tech support takes about 24 hours to get back to you, the more you add to the system the more it costs, when using non cloud based version updates must be done on server and each work station individually
June 19, 2018
Robin D.
Solo Physician
December 12, 2013

“Pleasantly surprised that an EMR actually DID make my life easier”

OverallI am a family physician. I am young enough that I started learning on both paper charts and EMRs. During my rotations in school and residency, I got try out lots of different EMRs. There are nice things about them...you can read what you wrote, you can have templates for the times you repeat yourself, you can search for particular diagnoses or ages to make sure you're catching all the patient care opportunities...but by and large, they are clunky and inconvenient to use. Paper charts are quick...you jot a few notes during the appointment, sign it, and you're done. What I like most about Amazing Charts is that it holds onto that ease of the paper chart while allowing you the conveniences of an electronic record. Everything you need for most appointments is right there on one screen. So many EMRs require you to click through multiple windows before you actually get to what you need. With AC, I left click in a box to type in it or right click to pull up my templates. I can double click to open a larger window (useful for long past medical history lists). The chart itself has tabs along the top so I don't have to close what I'm doing and open a new window to view labs, I just click over to the correct tab, just like a paper chart...except that instead of flipping through an inch of pages to find the correct lab, there's a nice tidy clickable list. To do any number of things (enter a tickler, print a variety of documents, view the medication list) you just right click on the patient's name. To view the history of a particular medication, just right click again. My biggest complaint with AC is that it takes awhile to discover all these little conveniences. I don't even know half of what it does. Then I'll happen to click on something I hadn't clicked on before (or right click or double click) and I'll find myself in a whole new world of cool things it does. I've been using AC for a year now and was really happy with it from the start and continue to be glad I chose it. I am planning on continuing to use AC long term and have no major gripes with it.
December 12, 2013
John R.
October 4, 2014

“Good EMR with rough edges”

ProsI have been using Amazing Charts since 2007. The best aspect of this EMR is that it closely follows the documentation process learned in medical training with minimal clicks to complete the note. The entire process can be displayed in a single window. There is a downloadable trial with free use for several weeks. There is excellent support by the vendor with one-on-one assistance by phone or online chat by US based techs. The pricing is very reasonable for both purchase and support that includes updates. The user board is run by the user community and open to prospective users for pre-purchase impressions about what users like and don't like, as well as a fast way to answer questions. Although there is a cloud version available, the software runs on standard office computers, the database stays in your office and can be networked peer to peer or domain, and most IT issues can be solved by a user with average software troubleshooting skills. It has a software wizard for implementing Meaningful Use.
ConsNew versions are often buggy for several revisions. There is no electronic billing module yet, although interfaces are available with other programs for extra cost. Some frustrating features of the software frequently discussed on the users board are slow to be addressed. New changes are introduced with little user input. The software training is entirely web-based.
Recommendations to other buyersWatch the online training videos and download the program; have everyone in the office use it on a trial basis. Read the user forum and post questions before buying.
October 4, 2014
Jane P.
solo practitioner
February 7, 2018

“Have used Amazing Charts for 7 years in my solo practice. Am now on the cloud which is a much easier format than office based server. ”

OverallI dont use this for billing or scheduling , because I am in a collaborative group , sharing front desk services. This would make my experience much better. The product support is great, but on the east coast, I am on the west, so no evening support.
ProsSimple, best for a small practice, just very intuitive. I like the referral module, the communication options. I tried another slick EMR and was dismayed to see that 'confidential ' PMI, is in a frame on the opening page, this allows all staff to see it. AC puts it behind a file tag. Also like the reminder feature,
ConsI dont like the graphic format/ font is UGLY, needs an update. Would prefer an integrated fax, not UPDOX.
February 7, 2018
Adam L.
physician / owner
November 18, 2016

“Amazing Charts is pretty good..........NO IT'S AMAZING !!!”

OverallI've used every version of Amazing charts since version 3.1 (starting 2008). Aside from some usability issues with versions 7-8, my experience has been truly AMAZING ! Version 9 is the best yet! (to the guys n gals at A.C.): I hope your quest to keep up with constantly changing government regulations such as Meaningful Use and MACRA/MIPS doesn't get in the way of your wonderful product. Those government programs will ultimately fail... I would rather have a great product like AC v9 even if it doesn't meet government requirements, than to have a compliant program. Keep up the AMAZING WORK at AMAZING CHARTS. Your customer service staff and programing support staff are truly an AMAZING GROUP OF PEOPLE ! Sincerely, Adam Lauer DO, Brewer, ME
ProsEase of use. Intuitive style. Progress notes that i can actually see all the fields on ONE SCREEN unlike most other products that require tons of tabbing. Reports that print out just like the progress notes we learned in medical school (unlike the 5-7 page reports printed from those other over-priced clunky programs like Centricity). Great office messaging system. AFFORDABLE PRICE TAG ! SUPERIOR CUSTOMER SUPPORT....you can actually get live people on the telephone !
ConsSorry I'm a loyal A.C. user since 2008. I don't have anything negative to say about the software or the company.
Recommendations to other buyersIf you aren't using Amazing Charts, there might be something wrong with you...get this program as it will SAVE YOU LOADS OF TIME !
November 18, 2016
Jacqueline P.
Medical Office Manager
April 5, 2018

“The steps required for messaging and forwarding charts is very un-amazing.”

OverallI learned that price is not the best way to pick an EMR
ProsThe best part of Amazing Charts is the name, and the little stick figure and its daily message when you are opening the program every morning.
ConsWhen you are sending another team member a message on a patient, if for any reason you do not send it because you are interrupted, the entire message disappears and you have to restart it. Our office brought this up at the last convention here in Chicago, and nothing has been done to address or improve this feature, despite the numerous complaints from all the attendees of the conference.
April 5, 2018
Ravishankar V.
Spine Surgeon
February 26, 2017

“The Best EHR for Small Medical Practices”

OverallI installed Amazing Charts on one of the desktop computers over one weekend in 2007 and started using it on Monday without any need for training from anyone. The online tutorials are adequate for most if not all users. The EHR itself is very self-intuitive and easy to use. I recommend transitioning from your paper charts to fully EHR over 3 to 4 months. Best if used with voice recognition software, like Dragon Naturally Speaking Medical Edition. In terms of cost, convenience, ease of use, features and functionality and the best customer support, one cannot beat Amazing Charts. It is simply the best EHR for physicians who want to do what they like best, i.e. see and communicate with patients, and who don't want to spend their entire day being data entry professionals!
ProsEase of use, excellent customer service, polite and courteous customer service reps, looks and feels like a standard paper chart, simple user intuitive interface.
ConsMeaningful use data compilation can be time consuming. Medication data entry could be improved.
February 26, 2017
Francis W.
Family Medicine Physician
March 29, 2018

“Terrible for MIPPS”

Prosvery moldable and overall simple interface. Easy to add users. Prescription management overall is good though interactions and warnings based on heath problems that make a med contraindicated are pretty poor.
ConsCustomer support has significant eroded over the last year. MIPPS support is very poor. With the help of a government contractor, I still wasn't able to get the reporting submitted despite working on it for two months!!!
March 29, 2018
George C.
June 5, 2017

“Overall good experience with a beginning EHR”

OverallWe would still be using it if we had not been accepted to do CPC+ which required up to date reporting that AC didn't have right now.
Pros It has been very easy to use for me and all my staff. The ability to get in and out of scheduling to clinical was very helpful. The easy ability to do the plan for the patient was also good to me.
ConsNot being able to talk to someone when you need to, without leaving a message and waiting. For government reporting, so as good as I would like.
June 5, 2017
Hospital & Health Care, 501-1000 employees
September 14, 2019

“Amazing Charts Review”

OverallOverall, a great product that I would recommend. EHRs are going to be expensive, no matter where you purchase it from. This is a solid product, solid investment.
ProsAmazing Charts is very easy to use. It seems like a perfect transition for those who are still using paper records, to using electronic records. I have used it mostly to document patient visits and medical record review and it has consistently been very user friendly.
ConsSometimes, all of the information on one screen can be overwhelming. It helps to have 2 monitors to spread out the information.
September 14, 2019
sameer m.
Physician owner
June 15, 2017

“poor features and support”

OverallTRY AND KEEP UP WITH THE TIMES AND NEEDS OF busy PRACTITIONERS- our work is not a hobby, it is a business and you would be best served by interacting with us from that vantagepoint
Proseasy to use and cheap. worked initially but has largely broken down in function with the advent of meaningful use etc
Conspoor customization and lacking vital features. poor choice of partner companies ( NEWCROP RX). lacking real time customer support -
June 15, 2017
valerie p.
Alternative Medicine, Unspecified
March 23, 2016

“Too slow by far”

ProsThe customer service was great, especially wrt meaningful use attestation. The prescription function did work. Though, like everything with this system in our office, it was slow.
ConsPossibly having to do with the size of the database, this was a very slow system. EMRs are rendered practically useless and more of a liability in clinical practice when they are slow.
Recommendations to other buyersPlease make it run in such a way as to not slow down the pace of actual clinical care.

By Amazing Charts on April 21, 2016
Hi Valerie, We¿re sorry to hear you were experiencing slowness. Our latest version includes dozens of improvements, including much faster performance for things you do multiple times a day to help resolve this. We appreciate your feedback and have passed it along to our product manager.
March 23, 2016
Kerry W.
October 24, 2018

“Death of a good emr company ”

OverallDon't leave your credit card on file or they use it for purchases that you didn't request
ProsEase of use and ability to use out of the box are the best features. They remain as the best features
ConsSadly rather than improve the program the new owners have spent their development money on figuring out new ways to bleed owners for money features they were promised to have in the past. The current version doesn't meet the ability to meet MIPS without paying thousands of dollars in support and purchasing additional modules that should have been provided in updates. Support takes between three and five days to answer questions and the new billing department deactivates key features if you stop paying them their annual support fees. Support that used to be if you desired it is now mandatory and services are removed if you don't heed their demands for extortion. It remain cheap and affordable to start but now expect to be bled two or three times a year. Thuis used to be a great choice for small practices and now is sadly one that should be avoided
October 24, 2018
Chet B.
FNP, owner
Hospital & Health Care, 1-10 employees
January 18, 2018

“AC is the easiest and least expensive EMR I have used.”

ProsThe cost and ease of use is definitely a plus. Ability to try before you buy is a major plus. Have always been able to get help through Angel support when needed.
ConsCost continues to increase. Subscription based option would be better like many EMRs are doing now. Inability to track patient location.
January 18, 2018
Anna S.
RN
June 9, 2017

“Good software for a family practice”

OverallProbably a great product if we had a different kind of practice
ProsLike the templates and letters, low cost as long as we keep the basic plan, practice management and meaningful use: we don't use them though
ConsNot appropriate for a college health clinic, scheduler is limited, good price disappears when you start adding necessary features
June 9, 2017
Heleen R.
president
September 3, 2017

“Tech support especially by chat is patient professional and i swear can fix anything. Not that there has been much to fix”

OverallAlso easy to teach staff how to billstraight to Office Ally.
ProsEasy intuitive out of the box use and with slight effort customizable.Easyto teach staff how to use.
ConsHard to back up, in my office set up back up occasionally overflowed and had to be redone.probably easier ifyou get AC's own back up.
September 3, 2017
Tamara S.
physician
November 27, 2018

“the Best of a problematic group of products”

OverallHave used amazing charts for ~ 5 years - it is the easiest most user friendly of the programs I have used
ProsSimplicity less clicking- also you can use the simple basic format or get fancier if you want
Consas upgrades happen there is more and more clicking required
November 27, 2018
Nicole s.
practice admin
March 13, 2018

“Practice Admin”

ProsIt is simple to learn the basics. It works with dragon. One does not get lost in the chart because the simplicity.
ConsI would like more features. We have major issues with the updating of the billing codes. The pages are not laid out in a manner that maximizes the space available. For instance the presciption writing page has huge blank gaps. I would prefer to see more of the med profile
March 13, 2018
John K.
June 21, 2017

“The best three and a half years of my record keeping and billing life.”

OverallThank you Amazing Charts.
ProsEase of use and intuitiveness of the system. Your engineers are remarkable. Each update went amazingly smoothly.
ConsThat I have to leave it in my retirement! Still helping others in nearby practices with Amazing Charts hone their skills.
June 21, 2017
HAI V.
Co-manager
June 6, 2017

“Love it but the slow connection/disconnect bug me”

ProsIt is very easy to use, comfortable format, and fairly price compare to other EHR systems. The staffs love it due to simple format and use.
ConsIt takes for a while for loading at the beginning of the day. The slow loading and disconnecting bug me everyday.
June 6, 2017
Colleen C.
February 13, 2017

“Good Product - No Customer Service”

OverallThe problem with this EMR is the lacking of customer service. They recently stopped the ability to chat. This means they are now never accessible. If you call do not expect to reach a live body. If you email it takes days for them to get back with you. If they update the product expect for downtime for at least a week or more. Great price, average product, poor customer service.
Prosprice
ConsABSOLUTELY HORRIBLE PRODUCT SUPPORT!

By Amazing Charts on May 23, 2017
Dear Colleen ¿ We¿re sorry to hear you¿ve had difficulty reaching our technical support group. Instant chat is still available for EHR support. Most our customers continue to use chat to reach us immediately. We only removed chats for our Practice Management support since their problem tend to require live interaction. PM clients continue to reach us via email and telephone. From our records, it appears your performance issues have been due to your practice¿s IT system and have successfully been resolved. In mid-April, we performed an emergency database transfer to a new server when your practice¿s server kept shutting down unexpectedly. Please contact us to resolve any other issues you are experiencing. The Team at Amazing Charts.
February 13, 2017
Douglas C.
October 6, 2016

“DJC review of Amazing charts”

OverallAmazing charts is a good, solid workhorse for a family practice, and it is affordable. This is not a Candilac, but it is pretty reliable like a Ford pickup. When it has crashed, which it has, although not often, our entire office has come to a halt. Since we switched to the on-line version, we haven't had a crash, but internet problems have made life difficult at times. There are annoying pauses with the on-line version, but they are less than what our server was doing before the switch. In both cases, much of the slowdown has been related to the software having to comply with government regulations.
ProsRelatively easy to learn how to use.
ConsIt uses some templates, but using a macro to insert common sentences is difficult.

By Amazing Charts on November 30, 2016
Hi Dr. Campbell, We¿re glad to hear you¿ve seen improved stability. We¿re aware of the pauses you described above and apologize for inconvenience ¿ we¿re working diligently with our hosting partners to resolve this. Thank you for the feedback and we appreciate your understanding as we strive to deliver excellent service to you!
Brant W.
Alternative Medicine, Unspecified
September 7, 2016

“The software works for the most part. ”

ProsCompared to other EMR software programs the price is affordable.
ConsOnce you purchase the software and get transferred from their onboarding representative to the "white glove" support then your on your own. When you call support they have a voicemail where you leave a message. If someone calls you back it ranges from a day or two to sometimes a week or two. When someone calls back if you are unavailable they will leave a message, but they don't have extensions so the number they leave is the same one where you have to leave a message and the process starts over. My account was deactivated because I couldn't get ahold of support to update my credit card on file. If it takes over two week to update your credit card good luck with real software problems.
Recommendations to other buyersThe software is okay, but the support is terrible once you've bought it.

By Amazing Charts on September 21, 2016
Hi Brant, Thank you for leaving your feedback ¿ we¿ve passed it along to the director of our client services team and want to apologize for the inconvenience. While we do have a ticket-based support system to help keep our software affordable, we want to assure you that one to two week response times are not the norm, and we will investigate why your experience was different. Our US-based client services team continuously works toward greater efficiency, so we appreciate your feedback and understanding as we strive to deliver excellent service and support to you.
September 7, 2016
Maribel A.
October 14, 2015

“I would never go back to Amazing Charts”

ProsBased on my original needs I did like the license and support pricing; and the progress note visual at the time, when my Direct Primary Care practice was young and small. Also liked HPI/ PMH/FH templates which are not necessarily available in other EMRs but which I can live without. Ability to connect with Updox, but too many steps to have patient communications in their files
ConsPoor service- must start a ticket which takes forever to be answered. Immediate Chat is not necessarily available when you need it the most. Customer reps service and courtesy varies, depending on the person on the phone (feels as if company did not have a mission, vision and core values to live by). Cloud service- It is not a real Cloud access, but logging in to their server via remote; making process very slow and inefficient. Usability: Platform crashes constantly. Can not open more than one patient at a time. Can't copy and paste from a note unless it is signed off. There is no problem list to go by. Many others
Recommendations to other buyersBe aware of poor customer support. Be aware of lack of accountability. Check other EMR's - what you pay is what you get. Happy with Elation EMR as we speak. Excellent customer service; easily used and learned, faster, real cloud service. (I wish I was paid for this review ;) ... I am not! Just a happy doc!)
October 14, 2015
Charmayne P.
Compliance Manager
11-50 employees
February 21, 2019

“I'm not very tech savvy but this software is easy to use !”

ProsExtremely user-friendly with a helpful customer support team. Lots of tutorials inside the software. The best dental software I have used.
ConsReports are hard to read. Some of the features can use an upgrade.Easy to use but a little too simplistic in the look and format
February 21, 2019
George M.

“Amazing Charts EMR”

OverallI am a long time user [2002]. I would enjoy the program more if there were not so much clutter because of Federal mandates. The electronic prescription service works exceptionally well. The within program search engine is easy and a time saver. I would like to see faster access speed from work stations to server, I have 4. Printing speed is good and has never crashed because of Amazing Charts. Thanks for the hard work which has improved my practice. gmm
Recommendations to other buyersBefore choosing an EMR data base program consider what one would do if the company goes out of business or merges with another company. These programs cannot communicate with each other. Amazing charts has been stable as a program, with service and improvements over many years. There will be no surprises from this group.

By Amazing Charts on November 30, 2016
Hi Dr. McCullars, Thank you for your continued support and feedback! We¿ve tried reaching out several times to look into the speed of your work stations, but weren¿t able to reach you. Please email support@amazingcharts.com and we can try to speed things up.
Mallory G.
SLP
July 29, 2018

“Took some time to learn the system, but great once established!”

OverallWould definitely recommend this program! Just be prepared for the transition process.
ProsVery functional - worked great for my small group of clinicians. I imagine the transition to paperless charts would have likely been hard regardless of the program, but amazingcharts made it easy.
ConsLearning curb was challenging for some employees, but once everyone learned the system, employees reported that it was easier.
July 29, 2018
Leslie H.
FNP-BC
February 24, 2017

“Amazing Charts”

OverallGreat Product! Great for starting EHR. I have used 3 systems in practice, and this has by far been the easier one to navigate.
February 24, 2017
Jody K.
Administrator
January 10, 2017

“User review”

OverallUser-friendly, easy to navigate and operate. The most challenging part is when upgrades are done that changes how a function should be done in order to capture meaningful use successfully. We don't know there is a change until we discover we're not meeting our goals then we're behind trying to catch up. Other than that it's a pretty good program.
ProsUser-friendly. Support staff is friendly.
ConsSystem slowness, too many steps to ensure system calculates meaningful use target measures correctly. Does not have very good support when upgrades are done when it comes to a user knowledge (need to know) perspective to ensure quality measures are compliant. They now charge for training with a trainer on top of the annual support fee.
Recommendations to other buyersGood for a small practice however if meaningful use measures are important to your practice get the full scope and compare to at lease 4 different programs.
January 10, 2017
Nancy K.
Physician
November 13, 2018

“Do not trust them with a credit card on file”

OverallIf I could go back and select a different product i would get something else. Do NOT let them have your business credit card or debit card. We learned the hard way Lots of luck getting a live person on the phone. They debited over a thousand dollars too much, have called millions of times trying to get a refund.
ProsIt is easy to learn to use. It is easy to print prescriptions. They can set up off site back-up. You pay for guardian support but be aware that they will not help with printers. We could not scan into the program for months and we ere on our own to figure it out.
Consshuts off frequently, notes sometimes don't save, never know when I come in in the morning if it will bve working. Very few days where everything works.
November 13, 2018
Courtney L.
Office manager
July 17, 2018

“Amazing charts”

ProsSuper easy to navigate. Easy personalized templates. Custom cpt codes and billing; simple to set up.
ConsCan't have more than 1 chart open at a time. Must buy a license per provider, can get expensive.....
July 17, 2018
Kevin Y.
Owner/ 1 Man Army
April 9, 2018

“Not terrible on the IT guy”

ProsUpdates were easy to install just time consuming. Runs on your local server, so that makes thing a little easier to manage. Doesn't require a massive amount of processing power, but you'll still want server grade equipment to host it.
ConsThe database tuner can take forever to run depending on how big the database is. Im talking hours. Java updates break the clients frequently.
April 9, 2018
Emily S.
APN
April 2, 2018

“Amazing charts is a decent EHR to use in your medical office.”

ProsI like the way encounters are laid out. It makes it easy to document in a timely manner and is easy to read past encounters.
ConsThere are some flaws that are not very clinically appropriate. For instance, trying to add an addendum makes an entire new past encounter, you have to manually remove diagnosis from the summary sheet, and you can't make diagnostic templates.
April 2, 2018
Lisa H.
psychiatrist
Mental Health Care, Self-employed
December 8, 2016

“a solo psychiatrist”

OverallThis is my second EHR and is more comprehensive and yet simpler to use than the system I previously used. Since I practice an integrated style of psychiatry I appreciate having access to a full range of medical diagnostic codes. I have not tried to utilize its meaning full use an other capabilities and am using this for comprehensive legible records rather than to meet MU.
Prosvery straight forward, affordable the process of uploading document is much better than an earlier system used It organizes my notes in a format very comfortable for my practice style
ConsGetting technical assistance is frustrating as live support is never available and the call back process the next day always seems to go to voice mail. The print size is very small and not adjustable
December 8, 2016
Lisa P.
September 19, 2016

“Even our small office finds Amazing Charts helpful”

ProsThe intuitive options. After I have used an option a few times, my ususal choices appear at the top of my window.
ConsOur office is small, so we do not use alot of the features offered in the software. Sometimes it is confusing for our providers to find the pieces that we do use.
Recommendations to other buyersThink ahead about how many people in your office really need access to creating encounters before you purchase licenses. A small office can easily run on one license.

By Amazing Charts on September 21, 2016
Hi Lisa, Thank you for leaving your feedback ¿ we¿ve passed it along to our product manager. Amazing Charts was designed by a practicing Family Physician, so there are certain features that your Radiology practice wouldn¿t use. Please free to email support@amazingcharts.com at any time if you have any workflow related questions we can answer to help ensure you¿re using Amazing Charts as efficiently as possible.
September 19, 2016
Wendell W.
February 4, 2012

OverallI am a pediatric solo practitioner with one nurse practitioner. I have been using Amazing Charts for 9 years. I was initially drawn to it because of its simplicity. It was consistent with the way I have always charted and the price was right. I compared it with many other programs and have continued to watch what else is out there, but am amazed that nothing seems so intuitive. I like the fact that my database is on site, not in the cloud. I can continue to work when the Internet goes down. I have had residents and nurse practice student that I can get up and running in a couple of hours. Generally they will follow me for a day then I will set them down on a tutorial. After that, they are essentially on their own, with me reviewing and tweaking their H&Ps. Amazing Charts has fairly frequent updates and usually everything goes smoothly, but occasionally I will call support. It is usually quick and they are very engaging. I see 20-30 patients a day and rarely leave charts undone at the end of the day. My notes are much more complete that prior to using an EHR. I can recall and pull patients very fast. Oh, and I have reclaimed a lot of space that previously was used to store paper charts.
February 4, 2012
Medical Practice, 51-200 employees
December 18, 2018

“Electronic Health Record for All Solutions”

OverallGreat experience once software is learned. It can be tailored to any practice but each practice uses it differently.
ProsSimplicity is key and speed. Fast EHR that allows great functionality and efficiency within practice.
ConsTemplates were not quite as functional as I had hoped. Flow is a bit tricky to learn at first.
December 18, 2018
Thomas R.
PA-C
December 4, 2018

“PA-C in BWC Pain Mgt ”

Overallit is one of the better EMR's out their.
ProsThe whole note is before the provider to read This really is handy to have because I really dont need to dig through a lot of tabs.
ConsThe costs seem to be a lot for upgrades. My boss didn't upgrade until it was absolutely needed. The upgrade really made the prescription process slower.
December 4, 2018
March 23, 2018

“It is a very nice program that compacts all information in a chart very easily.”

OverallThe ease of scheduling appointments - and it saves time.
ProsThe ability to color code appointments types for scheduling. The verification of appointments is wonderful, also.
ConsThe messages portion. It would be nice if you could switch screens and have the message stay intact until you are finished sending.
March 23, 2018
Vijay S.
April 22, 2015

“Very poor customer supoport. Product as such is fairly good. ”

ProsEMR is simple and good. One screen makes it easier to use it. Person can learn this withing 1 hr easily
ConsPoor customer service. You get call next day or later, when you are stuck or system hangs up. When ever you call, it goes to voice message Horrible customer support system
Recommendations to other buyersAlways look at customer support services. EMR may be good, but if support services are poor, then you are out of luck, as I am facing now
April 22, 2015
Cynthia S.
Family Nurse Practitioner
June 1, 2017

“1st EMR, wish it was the only one”

OverallThanks y'all. We have loved the ease of using Amazing Charts these past 6+ years. We have had new nurse practitioner students in our clinic almost every semester the entire time we have been in business and within several days in the clinic they have it down. Enough said
ProsEasy to use, being improved regularly, can do all kinds of things. Prompts for governmental requirements,
June 1, 2017