Brightree Ratings

Overall

About Brightree

Brightree Home Health and Hospice is a comprehensive EHR solution providing the ideal combination of a cloud-based back-office system and iPad point-of-care app. Designed for clinicians by clinicians, it is easy, intuitive and efficient for the clinician, yet complete with powerful features that maximize documentation accuracy and compliance. Brightree is committed to innovation and patient-centric interoperability in the post-acute industry. Learn more about Brightree

Pierce D.
Manager, IT
June 19, 2019

“Costly but fully featured and constanly developing”

OverallVery professional group that know their product well, and are eager to help find solutions to issues that come up. Software (once setup and trained) is easy to navigate.
Pros-ease of use for field staff (iPad App) -lots of built in reports for getting data out of the system -easy to contact support and get resolutions -constantly updating and developing enhancements to the product -constantly keeping customers up to date on reg. changes, and upcoming product changes and timelines -documentation is straight forward and easy to follow -order compliance features keep us compliant with orders when scheduling visits
Cons-takes lots of time and training to get used to -scheduling components lacking compared to old solution -expensive compared to our old solution (we were grandfathered into a very old rate so this was just us getting into modern licensing costs) - only guaranteed 100% comparability with their Web product by using Internet Explorer (which even MS says you shouldn't use anymore!). Only about 95% of the product works in Chrome or Firefox. - lots of time spent (months before deployment) learning and setting up the product. But they have streamlined this as much as i think they can.
June 19, 2019
Angela L.
Vice President Patient Care Services
June 3, 2019

“Highyl recommend”

OverallOverall, our experience has been very, very positive. The company has continued to invest in development and advancements and has many things under development right now. There is the opportunity to part of BETA testing and give input. Onboarding new users is faster than it has ever been for the agency. Workflows and Task lists have changed how we complete documentation and get visits to billing faster than we have before. The company offers much support with dedicated account reps and customer service. Upgrades for the majority go smoothly.
ProsThe software has easy to follow work flows for field users. The patient record is organized into logical sections and information is easy to find. There are many, many reports which can be customized in almost endless ways. Work is organized into task lists so it is in front of the staff that need to see it-visits that need to be closed, visits that need to be scheduled, OASIS that needs to be reviewed for example. It is web-based so we have less financial investment into servers, upgrades, IT and application down time. Upgrades are made often by Brightree and the company makes a huge effort to stay ahead of regulatory changes and requirements, best practices and incorporates them into the software. There are monthly webinars about new features, planned upgrades, how to optimize the software which are very helpful. Account representatives are very knowledgeable and responsive. Using an ipad is lightweight and less of an investment than a laptop.
ConsErrors are hard to correct. For example, if staff enter an order incorrectly, once it is saved it is a little bit of a process to correct. This was very difficult to get used to and would definitely be the one thing I would change if I could.
June 3, 2019
Stacy H.
Former billing assistant
October 23, 2018

“Brightree is the best healthcare software out there”

OverallI do not work for the company that had Brightree any longer and I truely miss it. The software I use now is awful! (Homecare Homebase)
ProsFrom my past experiences Brightree is the easiest, most user friendly healthcare software available. Each admission is separated so you are not guessing. Information you need is readily available. You don't have to search and search. I love that the cert period is at the top of every page. All physician orders are in a neat, tidy format and can be sent/resent from your PC as well as tagged as received signed by physician all in one place. Visit management is my favorite. It is easy to differentiate between a regular visit and an oasis, and if the visit is open or closed. The order frequency is shown without digging for it and the clinician responsible is clear (all very helpful for the billers). Communication notes are also neat in appearance, in one place and can be filtered. Scanning documents into the system is easy and multiple docs can be scanned at once as separate documents. The medication profile is also neat and easy to configure. Same with the diagnosis profile. The scheduling console is so easy, immediate updating, all the field staff has to do to see their visits is sync their device. New referral input is seamless. As long as you have the information to put in a referral can be complete in minutes. The support that you get with Brightree is outstanding. If there are any questions or issues the staff is helpful and polite, and will have a resolution quickly.
ConsThe only con I ever found was opening scanned documents. I seemed to take a while to open, but I'm not too sure that wasn't due to poor internet capability. Some days it was not good and other days it was perfect.
October 23, 2018
Jason C.
September 30, 2015

“Brightree Hospice software is well worth the investment.”

ProsAs the Chief Executive Officer of a hospice program, one of my priorities is to select and utilize a software vendor which stands behind their product, proactively researches and implements enhancements ahead of ever changing regulatory requirements, as well as provides exceptional customer service support to our team. Brightree Hospice software not only meets these requirements, they exceed them. The reporting features is one of my favorite components Brightree Hospice offers. It has been a vital instrument in efficiently managing our multifaceted hospice program, which consists of home hospice services, general inpatient and respite care in our freestanding hospice house, medical equipment management, our transitions program, as well as our palliative care program. The Dashboard feature is helpful as it allows me to quickly identify trends in our average daily census, length of stay, etc. Implementation of the software was not nearly as complicated and chaotic as I expected. Each person assigned to our implementation team from the project manager to the Dawn, our on-site trainer, were very knowledgeable, friendly, and helpful. The entire Brightree Hospice team worked together to insure our implementation was a success. I highly recommend Brightree Hospice software to any hospice program which is not just looking software but a dedicated partner in the successful execution of the clinical, back office, billing, and administrative complexity of hospice care.
ConsThe Care Communicate function could be enhanced to allow more flexibility with who messages are sent to. Example, groups, teams, etc. and more than 10 people per message. Also wish there was a way for the I-Phone to notify you when a message has been communicated to your i-phone app verses having to check every so often. Otherwise, very satisfied with Brightree Hospice software.
Recommendations to other buyersI highly recommend Brightree Hospice software to any hospice program which is not just looking software but a dedicated partner in the successful management of the clinical, back office, billing, and administrative complexity of hospice care. We have tried other software vendors in the past without satisfaction.
September 30, 2015
Jennifer L.
Quality Manager
August 1, 2019

“Shortens visit documentation time, improved our days to RAP, great customer service”

OverallVery positive, our trainers and project manager were very knowledgeable, professional, and flexed to meet our needs. Can't say enough about the customer service there after -- support has been wonderful. Such a relief for us!
ProsMuch more modern than our previous software -- user friendly for the clinicians, helps cut documentation time. Functions well, no down-time, and is very easy to Navigate. There are great reporting features and they are doing good preparations for PDGM. Their customer service is light-years ahead of our previous vendors -- very responsive. This is truly meant to be a point of care system -- so it means everyone has to stay current in their workflows. This has helped us decrease our days to RAP, improve order turn around time, and improved satisfaction among our field staff.
ConsThe back-office training could have been better -- much of the training was received prior to go-live. Additional training and support after go-live to work through back-office workflows would have been helpful for us.
August 1, 2019
Lisa M.
Billing/Office Manager
Hospital & Health Care, 501-1000 employees
February 1, 2017

“Billing Perspective Review”

OverallMy review of the Brightree EMR program is from the billing perspective. I began with this program when it was CareAnyware and transitioned to Brightree and remain a current user today. I am one of the Super Users in our organization and assist with troubleshooting issues and training staff on a day to day basis.
ProsThis program is a comprehensive clinical, operational and financial system in a web-based environment. The automated billing functionality allows increased efficiency in our office. Electronic patient records provide our agency with the necessary documentation to produce clean claims sent to Medicare and Medicaid as well as commercial insurance companies. This is very important in today's healthcare setting with an increased focus on medical record reviews/audit requests. The billing process is completely automated and is set-up according to individual payor rules including calculation of PPS adjustments and accurate reflection of AR balances which automatically adjust contractual adjustments as well. Auto-posting of PPS remits allows more time to be spent on collections. Finally, most all system updates are performed by Brightree. With the ever-changing regulatory world, it is imperative you have a system that remains on top of these changes, however, small or large they may be. Our agency prides ourself on regulatory compliance and Brightree's diligence in updating their system with the current changes allows us to remain confident that our claims and clinical documentation meet these standards.
ConsIn regards to the billing function of Brightree's home health program, there appear to be very few cons. 1) The Medicare Secondary billing process is not fully available and would be helpful in today's society where we are working longer, even after becoming eligible for Medicare. 2) would like to be able to edit the "canned" reports. Specifically the AR report in order to add the DOB. This is a required demographic when performing follow-up/collections.
Recommendations to other buyersOverall, I would recommend this product to others for it's billing efficiencies and performance which, after quality-focused patient care, is what drives our success.
February 1, 2017
Candice J.
Payroll/Administration
February 24, 2017

“Very Pleased with Brightree ”

OverallI am very pleased with the reporting capabilities. Compliance is such a vital part of healthcare. I am able to write reports easily if I need to pull additional data in. We started with Brightree 11/2014 and hit a few bumps in the beginning when our "power users" didn't complete the training and we could only do the basics. We have been pleasantly surprised by the support we have received to understand the capabilities and what drives the data. I have also used Brightree University regularly for step by step instructions that can be printed or forwarded to other employees. I like the continuing changes that make the iPad and the desktop version more parallel to each other. I also like the Bereavement Mailing tool which draws information regarding family relationships so the letter is more personal. I am very happy with our current Account Manager who is VERY supportive and will step in after one email. I am excited that the program can do so much and the future enhancements will be very beneficial.
ProsI like to be able to pull a wide variety of reports with a few keystrokes. Our quarterly meeting with our Account Manager is terrific. We can get help with useful tools and find out whats coming next.
ConsSetting up the bereavement mailing was challenging.
February 24, 2017
Kaye B.
RN Clinical Manager and
April 7, 2017

“Good concept, needs work”

OverallOverall this software feels like a new product that still has a LOT of kinks and bugs to work out and does not instill confidence in the user.
ProsVery user friendly for clinicians and covers most of the basics of home health in office. The basic ideas are all here but each area needs fine tuned to work more efficiently for individual companies. Attractive interface for both AFO and iPads that is very easy to teach to even the most technologically challenged clinicians.
ConsNot easily customizable and very poor customer service response. We have many needs to be efficient in our daily behind the scenes functionality that the software does not support, simply because it wasn't thought out thoroughly. All HH agencies have the same guideline to follow for compliance so these issues would have been worked out long before now. Initial training and software implementation process were disastrous. "Super users" were barely educated enough to be functional but were expected to train and then to be technical support for the rest of the staff. I have been involved in many software changes in my career and this one was one of the worst as far as preparation. The office staff we were not shown how this software would integrate into our daily jobs. We were just shown how to be barely functional with no way to gain the knowledge after implementation.
Laura W.
Billing Manager/ Records Manager
March 7, 2017

“Home Health Review from a Billing Standpoint”

OverallI have been billing with Brightree for about 3 years now and I can say that it has been the easiest program to use. Prior to Brightree we have used several different programs that did not provide everything that we needed and were very aggravating to use. Brightree provides a lot of reports that help in making sure all my billing has been completed and reports that provide information for State Reports. If I ever run into something I can't figure out I can send an email to Brightree Support and get an immediate response. Brightrees support group has been very nice and eager to help. I would definitely recommend to any agency that is considering trying Brightree to do so. I am also the Records Manager. Brightree has made it so simple to keep up with orders being sent and received.
ProsThe best feature is the fact that the system tells me when Raps and Finals are ready to be submitted and if there is any problems such as no authorization, Oasis has not been completed, or no first billable visit has been completed yet. The system also tells me when orders have been sent and if they are not back received.
ConsI really don't know of any Cons.
Amanda L.
Medical Records/Intake
February 17, 2017

“Best homecare software yet!”

OverallI've been using Brightree for a few years now (since it was called CareAnyware), with two different homecare agencies. I absolutely love how the staff seem to be up-to-date on rules/regulations and, as such, make sure our clinicians have the most accurate documentation as possible. Being able to document against a patient's Care Plan is definitely HUGE plus. Unlike some other homecare software companies, clinicians cannot close (complete) their documents until all required fields, such as the Care Plan, have been filled out. I'd have to say my favorite part of Brightree would be order compliance. Visits cannot be scheduled unless a frequency order has been written & it helps clinicians see if they had too many or too few visits. Another favorite part of the software is the ability to track orders properly. As it is a large part of my job, being able to see when an order was written, sent, received, etc is awesome. As far as I'm concerned, Brightree is the perfect fit for our needs as a homecare agency!
ProsCompliance!
ConsPersonally, I don't like that we have to use Internet Explorer. I wish Brightree was compatible with Chrome.
Recommendations to other buyers The software can be a little difficult for first-time users to dive into with all the features, but it's absolutely worth it!
Amy H.
RN - Compliance Coordinator
April 7, 2017

“Overall Great Software for Hospice”

OverallOur Account Manager has been great! He's always quick to respond to any questions or to follow up on open ticket items.
ProsBrightee provides an application for charting visit notes on the iPad, which allows for ease of charting in patients' homes. There are cost savings due to staff no longer using laptops that have to be maintained or serviced, and overall the system is fairly easy to learn and navigate.
ConsThere are occasional glitches in the software that causes the application to have to be deleted then re-installed, but this is not very frequent. The ability to access Brightree's AFO side in Safari is not yet fully functioning but we know eventually it will be. There can sometimes be difficulty with technical support staff understanding issues that you may be experiencing, but they will continue efforts to problem-solve until the issue is resolved.
Leah Q.
Director of Professional Services
September 20, 2017

“Brightree software is innovated, efficient and keeps us in compliance. ”

OverallOverall, BT is very good software for our agency and encompasses home care and hospice. We had a zero deficiency survey for home care and hospice so compliance is the best aspect.
ProsBT keeps our agency in compliance as new regulations are introduced they integrate them into the software. We have a particular account manager who goes over and beyond to explain options available in the system, follow up on any problems and supports us through the changes. The Ipads for field staff are fast and efficient, do not get virus, and our clinicians are extremely pleased.
ConsNot understanding the system or using it to its fullest is a problem for our agency. We need better webinars and education material to be able to maneuver through the software as it is very complex. It is not exactly "user friendly".
Cheyenne B.
June 19, 2017

“Administrator ”

ProsAlways updating for more ease of use and is on the ball with regulatory changes. In the last year there have been vast improvements in the software and our team can not wait to see what is coming next! This software has made our job much easier and we are glad to be as paperless as possible. Jain has been wonderful as an account manager. She definitely has our company's best interest at heart and gets the answer to any question that we may have. Support for clinical has been great and improved significantly in the last few months. Billing software support has improved as well and is more manageable for our small company.
Cons I would like to see the fully functional interface with pharmacy soon, the ability to fax from the software, and the ability to look up providers from the CMS site and have their info flow over to reduce time in hand keying entries.
June 19, 2017
Cathy T.
Support Services Supervisor
September 20, 2017

“Brightree made my job so much easier!”

OverallI appreciate the excellent service we get when calling in for assistance, thank you.
ProsThe ability to see visits and coordinate services so much more quickly than when they were on paper. Not having to wait for papers to be turned in to process payroll and billing. My not having to enter those visits manually. Less paperwork for patient files and employee files due to being online. A quicker turn around for claims. Less hands handling information insuring accuracy.
ConsAs an office staff I work mostly on a desktop so what I see and what the field see sometimes is in a different format therefore causes a communication stall. That is the only thing I can think of that is a challenge.
Carey M.
September 25, 2017

“Brightree is Awesome”

OverallJust a great platform for home health and very user friendly.
ProsI just love Brightree. As a user in our Home Health office, I find that the AFO side is so easy to use and when I call support I get exceptional assistance. The team at Brightree is always helpful and if they don't have solution right away, they take the time to get an answer and always follow up.
ConsWhen updates are made to the AFO and I didn't see the front page updates, I wish it would make you take a tutorial to show you the updates before you can move forward. Sometimes I miss the front page updates and am surprised by new updated pages. BUT usually I get the hang of an update pretty quickly.
September 25, 2017
Stacy H.
Billing Assistant/Scheduling Coordinator
September 21, 2017

“Brightree software is easy to learn and navigate.”

OverallI personally love the Brightree program. I also believe the support team does a great job when I have opened tickets. Fast and accurate!
ProsI am a biller and scheduler, which makes both jobs easier to understand in the program. Scheduling with Brightree ensures frequency's are entered correctly and in turn makes checking visits at billing time go smoothly. There is no fear that regulations are met with this program. The task hot list notifies us of any upcoming regulated tasks needing attention. It is not hard to find any info in this system. everything is where is should be.
ConsInternet access in the field is needed to use the communicate feature. Sometimes updates are too drastic
September 21, 2017
Chris G.
Patient Care Coordinator
November 4, 2016

“GAH Brightree Story”

OverallOverall the experience has been a great option for our Field Staff. The office side and reports have not been what we really would like it to be. The field staff seem to really like the iPad. They went from using large lap tops to the iPad and have seen better bedside documentation due to it helping not be such a "barrier" for them. I like how it helps with compliance and makes sure you document so that you are covering all the required information needed for Medicare. As with any electronic devices, the issues are connectivity, have some difficulty when updates come along, glitches, etc. AFO has recently made some major updates and we had some issues with it, but we contacted Chris from Brightree and he took the time to go through each of our frustrations and helped get resolution to this. Feel that with the update some of the AFO process takes longer, but it is getting better the more I use it. Our biggest issue is the reports. Our business office does not really trust the reports and have had many issues and reporting of different issues throughout the time we have had Brightree. I use several reports to make sure I do not miss anything and not all reports give same information and back up each other. We still do a lot of manual tracking to ensure we do not miss anything. Which in return is costly and time consuming. But if you do not trust what you are getting from a source you always double check your results to what you manually log.
ProsThe easier accessibility for Field staff with the iPad. Feel that all the Medicare changes are incorporated into by Brightree therefore we are documenting towards what they will require if audited.
ConsThe reports do not feel they are reliable. We do a lot of manual tracking along with the reports and we do continue to see discrepancies. When reporting an issue the turn around on answers is very slow. Also, we feel we give adequate information when we report something, but we always get that it is not enough or want the same information again that we already gave. Going back to when we started the super user process was very stressful and feel should be over longer period of time. Just watching 100 hours of video and then going to the device was not helpful. We actually problem solve many things on our own. We did have a time that we actually new more about the system and how it should work than the one who was suppose to be teaching us. This was in the first few months of learning and then launching the system! We did not have on site training it was all by dialing in and on a time limit.
Recommendations to other buyersBrightree is user friendly software for the field staff. The ability to get the information and schedules etc in the field on iPad is a plus.
November 4, 2016
Carla M.
September 5, 2017

“Brightree software helps with documentation for patient specific issues. ”

OverallMy son works as a software engineer and I have asked him about the above issues- he explained it to me why things are different - but if the engineers would know what we prefer as users that maybe a simple fix.
ProsDocumentation is quick and easy to use. Really like the way it flows as in head to toe assessments. Pain is always required to be assessed.
ConsConsistency with how the software looks from AFO and C-POC- would be nice if it was more consistent with how it looks. Also- The calendar for documentation please use calendar views - not scroll calendars and to be consistent- it is nice to see the days of the week. ie for what day nurse will be coming again.
Lynnae R.
QA Nurse

“QA Nurse”

OverallI have recommended the program to 2 other agencies. We have passed Home Health state audit one the first stage of the audit. The auditor loved the IPad convenience and the ease of chart review. It was the first agency the auditor ever encountered that had 100% order and visit compliance. As QA nurse I am able to correct and reject items back to the clinicians with a couple of clicks. The documents are easy to retrieve.
ProsThe ease of transmission of CMS files and response tracking makes correcting OASIS so easy. I love working with Brightree.
ConsThere are so many reports that finding what you are exactly looking for can be a little challenging. They are a valuable resource for QA.
Recommendations to other buyersThe money the company invested in the software has easily been paying for itself. We no longer lose files or charting. The documentation is clear and concise. The ease of use reduces the amount fo training time and initiation of the software. I would suggest that you go over reports with the representative during the start-up process so that you are able to customize the reports that are pertinent to your organization.
Sherry C.
Administrative Assistant
February 20, 2017

“Brightree AFO”

OverallBrightree is very functional and easy to use. As the only biller in the office, I sometimes have questions and Brightree University usually has the answers and a step by step guide that I use.
ProsWhen I have an issue, I can call or email Brightree and usually always get a response within 24 hours. That's very important to me. The folks who respond to the questions are always courteous and helpful.
ConsWe are having some problems with our private duty business unit. But, I'm sure a lot of that is because it is not a common unit for most agencies. However, I have no doubt that the problems will be solved in time.
Recommendations to other buyersI would suggest that you make sure you are trained on the product before the representative from Brightree leaves your site. I had many questions after the rep left here. And, an entirely new program takes time to learn.
February 20, 2017
Jessica M.
Director of Quality & Compliance

“Customer Support”

OverallI called Customer Support often, sometimes a couple of time a day in the beginning, and everyone was always so helpful. Team always took the time to explain things in a manner that I could understand. They made me feel like I was very important and my needs and concerns were important to them. They never made me feel like I should have known the answer. They were very kind and friendly. Now I hardly ever call Customer Support because the system really is easy to work with once you get a handle on things. I love all of the reports that are available at my figure tips!! Makes my job as the Director of Quality & Compliance so much easier!! Thank YOU Brightree!
ProsGreat Reports Task Hotlist
ConsBrightree University is hard to "search" to find trainings
Barbara F.
Director of Operations
January 4, 2017

“Training is Severely Inadequate”

OverallOur agency went live on Brightree the same day they rolled out a large upgrade of their program. The prior training we received (which was very minimal) was on the old system and not the updated system. Everything we learned was wrong. The company had Job Aides that were supposed to assist us when we were using the system but all of these job aides were very outdated and wrong. When we called for assistance we were told to use the job aides - which were incorrect. To make matters worse, the Brightree trainers who were having weekly calls with us had not been trained on the updates. Many times we knew more about the system changes than the "experts" did because we learned by trial and error. This resulted in months of incorrect documentation that we are still trying to correct. We were unable to bill for services for 3 months due to problems with the documentation because we were not taught how to use it correctly. After almost 5 months, we still don't have all of the updated job aides to use for training new staff - or even know if they exist.
ProsIt's better than our old antiquated system - that's the only good thing I can say. And there was one really great clinical trainer that spent many hours on and off the clock helping us with our issues. It took a long time to get her but once we did, things got much better. I had to go all the way to the Vice President of the company to get additional help from someone who knew what they were doing.
ConsThe way MD orders are written are terrible. When the MD orders a new frequency, the old order remains unless you manually write another order to discontinue the original order. This results in a long list of orders, and many of those have been discontinued. However, you can't tell what date they were discontinued unless you go to the actual order that was written to discontinue that order. Confused? That's the point. Scheduling multiple visits is a very slow process. They also aren't willing to add documents that the customer would like to customize. Even documents that would benefit all home health and hospice agencies. After you transition from the training part of the conversion, you have to put in a support ticket or call to get help. But only certain "power users" are able to put in a support ticket.
Recommendations to other buyersThere are many other cons. Do a lot of research before going with this product.
January 4, 2017
Marcy F.
Clinical Director
February 23, 2017

“Brightree For Hospice”

OverallI started out in the field using Brightrree on an ipad then I moved to an office position. From the very beginning, i found it to be user friendly. I did not grow up with technology - all of our phones had cords coming out of the walls and TV's ran on tubes and were black and white! The implementation and training from Brightree was smooth andnow, over 2 years later I am continuing to use it and learning each day as the updates are always timely, fascinating and VERY useful. Both the office side and AFO have continued to help us be more efficient and compliant.
ProsUpdates come with an explanation and are always a welcome addition, making Brightree a better product for me and our company.
February 23, 2017
Patricia S.
Nurse
October 12, 2015

“Clinician's view of Brightree”

ProsThe software is easy to use and intuitive. It is easy to navigate around in a patient's record. This is especially important during an intake visit because patient's don't always answer questions in any specific order and it's certainly helpful to be able to document the information as they provide it. I also love how quickly I can access the record of any active patient-sync times are very short! Brightree has been very responsive to all inquiries and issues and it's helpful that they keep our agency up to date on the status of any issues we've had.
ConsWhat I like least about the Brightree product is that currently the clinicians are not able to pull together and preview their 485s. It's my understanding that Brightree is currently working on this and that at some point this feature will be available on the Ipad.
Recommendations to other buyersI would recommend having clinicians involved in the evaluation process. Clinicians will be using the software and must see the value of using software that makes workflows easier.
October 12, 2015
Jessica S.
AR Specialist

“Highly recommend product”

OverallI am a Home Health biller, in years past we have never found anything that would allow us to track receivables within the same system as clinical until we found this product. We can rely on the information provided on reports, and can count on support to give us solutions should we encounter any issues. We have grown tremendously over the past several years, without this software we would have absolutely had to hire additional staff. It certainly has streamlined our processes. Would highly recommend this product.
ProsDependable, plentiful reports, support is helpful and knowledgeable.
ConsPulling reports can be a bit slow, some days worse than others. The support system is a ticket system, which can be frustrating if you want an immediate answer. They usually try and resolve the end of the day, though, unless it needs to be sent up to the next level of support, then it can be days before you get a solution. I wish there was direct phone support instead.
Recommendations to other buyersMake the switch!
Carla M.
July 10, 2018

“Brightree user for several years.”

OverallGood system, easy to use.
ProsVery good for ease of getting reports to manage care and for management needs. Assessment is very good.
ConsInconsistent with calendars in system- would prefer the calendar view not the roll type calendar. When pulling new patients or schedule changes to I-pad synching can be just too much. Even when getting several things done between synching. When training new staff they usually comment about this being excessive. Would be nice to be able to put comments into the wound assessment.
July 10, 2018
ron r.
ceo
Medical Practice, 51-200 employees
March 8, 2018

“Brightree is worth what you pay for and then some...”

OverallBrightree is a good program and the customer service is good if you have a good backround in billing. The program is a bit overwhelming if you haven't done this type of work before.
ProsEasy to operate platform that makes sure the claims submitted go in right the first time. The reporting system is good and fast to alert you if the id# is bad or a DOB is not right. It saves time and money.
ConsThe price is a bit high for smaller providers but you get what you pay for. The investment is high but over the long haul it pays for itself.
Sherri M.
R.N. Coordinator
April 13, 2017

“Brightree eases the stress of EMR's”

OverallThe overall program is truly wonderful, i am pleased our entity uses it
ProsBrightree is always updating the program to keep up with the latest regulatory requirements. It is easy to follow and flow through the charts
ConsSometimes it is difficult to get a response from the IT department... they are all very kind, but if it is not a easy find, then it can become a long period of time before one may get resolution to their problem.. usually if i am waiting on a call back, i am the one who usually calls.. i have gone weeks without responses.
April 13, 2017
Chauna B.
March 13, 2017

“Customer Service ”

OverallBrightree customer services representatives are very helpful in explaining the product and how to operate the system more effectively. They are always very pleasant and friendly. If issue is beyond their capabilities they always escalate the issue to a higher tier.
ProsSimplicity of the software. Very basic step.
ConsCareanyware messages, unable to be saved and can only have 50 at a time. More info should be listed at the top. example: Patient name, MR#, Cert period, address, contact and MD would be very helpful. Moves a little slow some days.
March 13, 2017
Slade B.
Team Support Coordinator
February 25, 2017

“Business Intelligence”

OverallOur hospice agency started using Brightree Hospice software in November 2014. I like how the software takes an interdisciplinary approach to care that hospices require. It also drastically reduces the amount of time spent preparing for our IDT meeting. The interdisciplinary care plan is clean and easy for the clinicians to add or make changes. I also like the scheduling component as it does not allow a visit to be made without an order. This helps keep our agency in compliance.
ProsI like how we have been able to get rid of our paper charts and now everything is in one location - in Brightree.
February 25, 2017
Nazzi B.
Compliance Auditor
Hospital & Health Care, 1001-5000 employees
June 7, 2017

“Brightree is a friendly and inhanced system and help to proper documenttion ”

OverallProviding seminars and in-service for customers, lunch and learn, and presentations can help customers to have better understanding of the system. Thank you
ProsUser friendly, detailed, easy to navigate. Also, access to i-pad and mobile devices help with the field nurses
ConsThere are some area still needs to be improved such as reports and dashboards. Some updates, such as visit notes and other documentation which effected by due date needs to be released sooner to give users time for training and adjustment
June 7, 2017
Patricia D.
Volunteer/Bereavement Coordinator

“Volunteer/Bereavement Coordinator”

OverallI have used this product for the past year and 1/2 and it truly has been a blessing. I have worked at my agency for 15 years and before I filed all medical records in paper charts with my prior job title. I would spend numerous hours sorting filing and organizing charts. Now with this system, everything is right there in front of me easy to access.
ProsThe pros of the system are having everything you need right in front of you and not having to spend hours documenting, organizing or filing, also having easy access to an end of year reports.
ConsThe only thing I dislike would be when the system is taking too long to log into a file or report
Recommendations to other buyersuse the tools you are given and make it an effective program for your agency.
Debbie T.
October 14, 2016

“Administrator”

OverallI use Brightree every day in my job. I usually use AFO more than CPOC. I thought it was pretty easy to learn compared to hospital EMR systems, but I was new to the home health and hospice field when I transferred my position.
ProsI like the iPad capability. We are getting ready to use iPads in our office and during the training I see many benefits to the program. I do like that it is web based so I can be at home and sign into Brightree and complete work. I like the updates and how Brightree continues to improve on their products. I do like the support we receive from tech side and clinical side. I believe the are sincere when trying to help me figure out issues.
ConsDon't like that we cannot print from CPOC. I feel the reports could be more user friendly and they seem to be "down" when I need them the most. I feel we are being forced to change to iPads and CPOC is being fazed out. Did not like that I am charged a monthly fee for Brightree to interface with my hospice PBM company.
Recommendations to other buyersIf you are starting out with Brightree, make sure you are going with the iPad solution app. Look through all the options of what Brightree has to office to determine what fit is right for your company.
October 14, 2016
Natalie E.
3.5/5
3.5/5
July 24, 2014

“New Client - Inpatient Hospice Clinician User”

ProsThe support we have received from the Brightree team during our training and implementation process has been great. The best thing about this product from an inpatient hospice standpoint is the ability to document in the Agency Front Office via the internet site. From a home hospice standpoint, this system also gives the clinician the ability to document in the CPOC software, which does not require internet access. We provide both inpatient and home hospice services, so the ability for clinicians to view patient documentation from both divisions is very beneficial. This ability can also be limited depending on the user, if needed. The securities that the Brightree Software system provides are very efficient. Also, the Communicate tool, which is a HIPAA-compliant messaging tool in that can be downloaded on your iPhone or Android has been very beneficial.
ConsAs far as inpatient hospice, there are definitely some improvements that could be made to this software. However, Brightree has been great with helping us problem solve, as well as trying to make these improvements in the system happen on their end.
Recommendations to other buyersThink of your current daily processes and workflow. Make certain that the software can accommodate these in the way you need them accommodated. Ask how Brightree can help improve the parts of your processes and workflow that you are currently displeased with.
July 24, 2014
Theresa G.
September 29, 2017

“Really great EMR - best in functionality and overall operational/financial needs for the price!”

OverallOverall, LOVE Brightree as a partner with our home health agency. It's truly a partnership and our account manager exceeds expectations with responsiveness to needs and professional support.
ProsReports, ease of use for staff Brightree support much improved over the years and genuinely interested in meeting your needs.
ConsScheduling component for staff on iPad and AFO. Limitations . Slight clinical documentation limitations to meet optimal compliance areas
September 29, 2017
Danei P.
Occupational Therapist
September 24, 2017

“Brightree is fairly easy to navigate ”

OverallOverall, probably the best EMR I've used so far. Also, I've had good experience when reaching out to customer support.
Prosthe fact that it will not allow you to submit documentation that's missing mandatory information. Easy flow when navigating through the note while documenting. For the most part, customer support response is very good and helpful
ConsFor iPad users - Inability to delete or error information entered by mistake (orders, medications, dx...)
September 24, 2017
Elizabeth S.
Hospice/Homecare CNA
May 8, 2017

“Everything is at your fingertips!”

OverallI was not happy changing from our previous program but have found the ease of use with Brightree surpasses our other program! Thank you Brightree...
ProsTo be able to access chart easily. Having medical history so handy means so much when you are out in the county
ConsI understand about having to sync after adding information but is there any way to only do a complete sync once a day, and a shorter one when changing or adding information? Just thinking...
May 8, 2017
Ashley S.
Medical Social Worker
March 6, 2017

“Easy to use format”

OverallAs a hospice social worker, I have found the format of Brightree easy to use and navigate. It is wonderful that you are able to access a patient's chart while completing a clinical document. The screens flow in a logically manner through the assessment, and are clearly marked to ensure that all mandatory questions are answered. The scheduling features makes it easier to manage my day and also help to assure that I have completed documentation for all visits. I would recommend this program to other hospice agencies.
ProsThe ability to swipe through the screens to access all of a patient's chart as well as the ability to look at other documents in the chart while completing a note.
ConsMy only real complaint with the Brightree software is the frequency in which it needs to be synced especially when trying to schedule and create new goals for the care plan.
March 6, 2017
Sacha H.
Manager of Billing
February 16, 2017

“Brightree for Homecare”

OverallI've been using the software for about 7 years. It's much more comprehensive than the prior software we'd used, so it was kind of tricky to learn, however, it's much easier now due to improvements made & the training is now much more in depth. Once I got a feel for it, I liked it. It makes my job easier.
ProsBuilt-in compliance everywhere, almost everything can be customized. Tons of reports.
ConsGlitchy sometimes when there's an update, but issues generally resolve quickly
Recommendations to other buyersPay attention in training. Follow directions.
February 16, 2017
Wendy C.
December 16, 2016

“Outstanding Post Acute EMR product”

OverallBrightree's product is consistently strong across its clinical point of care, back office and financial platform which distinguishes it from other EMR solutions in the market. The product is intuitive and easy to use reducing the amount of time it takes to bring new staff onto the platform, ensures clinician documentation is complete and meets or exceeds all regulatory requirements. Our agency continues to receive the coveted double 5-Star designation and the Brightree application is a key component of our success.
ProsThe Brightree iPad solution is the only solution that I have seen that was built around the Clinician. All of the functionality is designed to ease the challenge of documenting patient care in the home timely and accurately.
Recommendations to other buyersLot's of vendors promise that their system is the complete solution but in the 20+ years I have been in Healthcare technology most of the vendor products I have experienced are really strong clinically or really strong financially but rarely have I seen a product that is consistently strong across all areas of their solution. The Brightree solution is consistently strong across both areas and they continue to build on the strong foundation of their product. Ask your vendor for references and take the time to speak with those references to get the full picture of what the vendor can offer.
December 16, 2016
Sherri M.
R.N. Coordinator
December 12, 2018

“Overall product Satisfaction”

OverallGreat software, easy to use and instruct, compliance driven. Exactly what we need today !!
ProsEasy to use, not difficult to train new staff Improvement updates made frequently to help maintain compliance Support staff are knowledgeable and eager to find solution
ConsSometimes the turn around on emails and phone calls can be lengthy (days) In need of faxing abilities for the IPAD's.... been requesting for years...
December 12, 2018
Nazzi B.
Compliance Auditor
Hospital & Health Care, 1001-5000 employees
March 8, 2018

“How good is this sofware”

OverallIt is a great software, however, for hospice needs more developments and upgrades
ProsIt is user-friendly and easy to navigate. I like using BT because for each specific finding there is an area marked clearly.
ConsThere some areas does not give a clear report and dashboard. As hospice provider, it is important to make sure we can have access to the collected data and have the ability to analyze them.
Starla W.
Billing Coordinator
September 20, 2017

“Billing is fast and efficient.”

ProsAs the billing coordinator I can say that almost all of my monthly billing is completed and billed on the 1st day of the month. There are so many checks and balances that the software does on its own, it really helps you to stay complaint and ensure you meet regulations.
ConsBiggest con for me is no discontinue effective date in the authorization screen and this is minimal.
Kristen R.
Clinical Admin
December 18, 2016

“Review”

OverallI use Brightree throughout every day of my work week. It is my go-to program for scheduling. It helps me a great deal with keeping the patients, nurses and therapists schedules organized and managed.
ProsIt offers different options of how to schedule patients/staff depending on your style of scheduling. I love how I can use the global calendar to get an idea of the overall number of patients the nurses are seeing on one day but can also search under one specific nurse to see the details of her schedule that day. A nice new tool that has come out of the updates is the ability to schedule an entire order out by clicking on individual dates on a calendar. This saves time and the frustration of the tedious effort of having to schedule a 10 m 2m one day at a time. Another feature that is enjoyable is that when you use the print the calendar option for a staff you can see what towns they will be visiting that day. This makes it easier to make the best effort in putting together a schedule for a nurse with time spent less on traveling and more on patient care.
December 18, 2016
Jenny L.
RN, Education Coordinator
November 17, 2016

“Room for improvement”

OverallWe have been with Brightree since April 2015. I was one of the original "super users" and have been very involved with the troubleshooting and education aspects of the system.
ProsThere are thorough assessments available and the iPad makes it convenient for clinicians to document at point of care. There is a focus on compliance and keeping up with changes in billing and regulations that makes Brightree a quality product.
ConsThere are multiple issues with reports, both clinical and billing, that make it difficult to trust the data. This means increased tracking of things like infections, wounds, admissions, etc. via other methods, costing time and money. There is some inconsistency with where buttons are on the iPad app which can make it unnecessarily confusing especially for new staff. From the office perspective, there are many areas that seem to be more cumbersome than necessary. Due to the limitations of what can be done on the iPad versus on the computer, on call clinical administration need access to both an iPad and a laptop. There is no integration between Brightree and our triage company, making this process more difficult as well. The printing of information from the charts is not laid out very well, so a routine nursing assessment can take 10+ pages to print, where with our previous EMR we were looking at 2-4 pages. Enhancement requests or issues take a long time to be resolved, sometimes several months.
Recommendations to other buyersWhen thinking about switching to any EMR, understand that there will be things that are better and worse than in your current system. You need to weigh the pros and cons of your current system with what Brightree has to offer. Overall I feel that it is a good choice for our hospice due to the ease of use for the field clinicians and the focus on compliance. If you choose Brightree, I would recommend having on-site implementation (we did not have that) and find a way to connect with other users via social media or other groups in order to learn from each other.
November 17, 2016
Lesley G.
April 12, 2017

“Hospice software”

OverallThe use of IPads has made bedside charting easier. Operating program is user friendly. Screens are easy to navigate. Varying degrees of customer support, depending on the day.
ProsOptimal system for IPads et opening charts during patient visits. Screens are easy to navigate. Orders at careplans are easily updated.
ConsGlitches at frequent updates affect program function. Although these do not happen all of the time, they can significantly impact efficiency. Should offer education with significant changes/updates. We need to be able to pin more than 50 patients at a time.
April 12, 2017
Chris T.

“Functional and Intuitive”

OverallIve used a number of different computerized charting systems over the years, Brightree has exceeded my expectations over the past several years. The presentation of the software gives easy access to the information I need for pt care, the ability to plan and rearrange my schedule on the go, and the format I need to move through my assessment easily and effectively. My communications with Brightree IT staff have also been exceptional. I would absolutely recommend this product.
Mary G.
February 22, 2017

“Brightree changed our documentation for the better”

OverallI will honestly admit that I was apprehensive about learning a new computer program and trusting that confidential information would be saved. I am not a computer geek, but I have been surprised at how easy and practical this program is. In addition, I can easily access information about patients when I am on call. Another benefit is that our paperwork has decreased! Once you start using the program you will easily learn the benefits. Initially, I used the support /tutorials which I found helpful but using the program and learning its benefits was probably the best seller for me. I think it has changed the efficiency of our documentation for the better!
February 22, 2017
Jana Y.
Registered Nurse
March 9, 2018

“Brightree Home Health”

OverallBRightree is the best company I have used in my home health experience, it is our third or fourth system
ProsAllows sufficient charting, doesn't require internet in the homes, Customer support is quick to responc
ConsSometimes the syncing processes can be lengthy, it appears that each time an update is completed something else then has to be fixed
March 9, 2018
Shelley B.
September 5, 2017

“Use this site everyday!!!!!!!”

ProsThe ease to enter patients is one of the best features for this software. I secondly like how it is linked to the insurances and I can check eligibility via Brightree.
ConsDuplicate Patients!!!! There are so many duplicate patients and you can not delete them once you put in a note. There should be a way to merge these patients.