PointOS Ratings

Overall
3.5/5
3.5/5

About PointOS

PointOS is a Restaurant Management Platform providing smooth operations to all aspects of the restaurant ecosystem. We are committed to providing restaurateurs all the tools needed to make their business more profitable. The PointOS platform provides an all in one point of sale system with features ranging from inventory and labor forecasting, to detailed reports and analytics that help you to make the right decisions for your business. Learn more about PointOS

Katie R.
July 23, 2018

“Works well for my bar”

OverallOverall I haven't had any major issues. It does run slow at times but that's probably related to the internet not the system. I've been using the system for nearly three years. I started with one station and recently bought two more. It is nice that there are no monthly fees. Overall, I would recommend PointOS.
ProsI like the set up of the software. I have three stations in my bar and they are all linked so you can add items to a tab from any station. The system is easy to use, based on my experience and that of my staff. Several of my staff report that PointOS is much easier to use than other software they've used at other bars. The item menu can be easily customized and alphabetized. I like that you can add recipes so if someone isn't sure exactly what's in a drink they can click on the recipe and see it at the station. It calculates cost per ounce when you add items to the inventory so figuring prices is easy. The sales reports are quick and easy so it's simple to pull reports to figure tax each month. There are also employee reports and each employee clocks in so hours are very easy to figure as are tips collected.
ConsIt would be nice if there were more item tabs. We sell a high volume of alcohol and mixed drinks and we don't have room to put all of it on its own tab. Another thing that would be nice, but really not a big deal, is if there were more icons to make the item tabs easier to find. There are some icons, for instance the more popular beers have an icon so it's easy to recognize. For items with no icon, you have to type it in. You can highlight the items by color which is helpful. It is cumbersome to add everything in but I suppose every system is that way.
July 23, 2018
Lucia G.
July 20, 2018

“Great beginning machine, maybe not for a larger business. ”

OverallOverall, for a business just starting out, it was a great solution and your tech support was always really amazing. I feel like we grew out its capabilities and needed to move in to 2018. I was really excited when I saw the new version coming out, but after waiting a year for it to happen, I moved over to a cloud system. I feel more secure knowing I have auto back-up and knowing that 5 tips don't become 50 at the end of the day when the servers are tired and adjusting hundreds of tips. My biggest beef is I switched to a new system in February and despite telling the company three times, I am still getting charged for the cloud, which was so useless it wasn't worth paying for. I can't get anyone on the phone and despite about 5 emails on the matter, I have heard nothing. Now I have to call my credit card company and dispute the charges.
ProsOverall, it is a decent budget POS with a lot of high end functions. I did like the report functions, the weather reporting and incident reporting and inventory functions.
ConsAt this stage, it is a little dated. The cloud was never connected and always had to be manually started, which defeats the purpose of having a cloud back-up. There were many parts, like modifiers, that were really clunky and made operating difficult. I hated how you couldn't name reports that were emailed, and everything came across with the date and time you emailed them. You would have to write down what reports you were running so you could remember when you got in to email to see them. I would have been nice if you could name them, or if they were named the report that you were running. I didn't like the limited amount of modifiers and the limited about of characters you could write to the kitchen. But I mostly hated that the cloud never worked, leaving me feeling vulnerable to computer failures and loss of data. I also didn't like having the wait staff modify the tips, its so much nicer when the system adds it in, it leaves less room for errors.
Scott T.
Test Engineer
Automotive, 1-10 employees
July 17, 2018

“PointOS is solid but could be better”

OverallThere have been a couple of issues that I have addressed with the company with no resolution. Truthfully it could be more but I dont recall, as we have been running the system for a couple years and I found work arounds. One of which I turned off printing sales tax on the receipt (as we include it in the price of the drink) and it still printed it on there. Another issue is different reports from the same day dont equal each other i.e. server sales reports vs a detailed daily report. As mentioned above the remote reporting software called mypointosconnect has been down many times for multiple days. When contacting customer service wait times typically run less than 15 minutes sometimes less than 2. Its not horrible software but its showing signs of age while other offerings add nice new features, PointOS has a built in jukebox that I've never ever used. I use streaming services for music in the establishment and have since a hard drive with 15k songs crashed during a busy night. If you looking for cutting edge features, you'll be better suited looking elsewhere but if you want something that works day in and day out with limited frills this might be your software. There update might fix some of my gripes, I'll find out the first week of August if they meet their deadline.
ProsI like the fact in a tablet world, that I could install the software on a Windows PC. You actually own the software and the service contract is reasonably priced compared to others. By switching to PointOS, the processor they required for direct integration has been great and has saved us a bundle.
ConsWhile it's nice to own the software and run it on a Windows box but Windows 7 is getting harder and harder to find. While the software worked flawlessly for the first year it has become sluggish and there have been numerous remote reporting outages as of late. They have been promising a brand new version for over two years and they finally have picked a launch date. The software looks dated and you have to run the system at a very low resolution to function properly. Lastly, automatically added charges or discounts are a percentage. If you want a happy hour price you have to set a happy hour price for every item.
Robin S.
Owner/General Manager
July 19, 2018

“Test it carefully”

OverallI had a hard time accessing reports for May (I think it was May) because the Cloud was down. I have to access them separately and add in information because it was out for weeks. That is a real problem. The weird reports are a problem. It is pretty easy, otherwise. And for a place less complicated it might be fine.
ProsWorking with the company initially, assistance with installation. Completely simple without extra fluff. Inexpensive. The credit card processing company is top shelf; helpful and pleasant to work with.
ConsThe Cloud is not reliable. Extra steps, like running a credit card, pop up with every order entry. Having to name every tab if it's not cashed out right away. The reports do not translate well to quickbooks for our accountant. If you hide or delete a menu item, it gets "ungrouped" which makes it impossible to get accurate reports by category. For example, we change Draft beers several times a week. We "hide" or delete those buttons because the page would be full several times over. When we run a report, we get a total for beer, and also for each "ungrouped' item, by name. We have to figure them out and add them back in to the total. I think that reports by hour are set up strangely. We open at 11 am, so if I want to add up shifts, I start there and add up until 3, then 3 -8, then 8 to 11 and have to go back to the top for the rest of the day until 3 am. I don't know how to tweak this or if it can be tweaked. We've had so many support calls, we all dread them. I'm sure there are more examples.

By PointOS on July 24, 2018
Hey Robin, Our Team can help with the report start and end times. Also our new version bridges all the gaps this classic application may need to work well for you. Please get in contact and give you an over view of the new version.
July 19, 2018
fawzi n.
August 29, 2019

“this point os can be hit”

Overallhorrible. software is fine but support is bad
ProsI like how easy to use it and it's customization is not bad
Conscustomer support is horrible. when I signed in for this software . one of the main thing I loved was the 24/7 tech support. of course what is a software without a support service. the first year the support was amazing. when we Renaud the support plan every thing went down . you call support they don't help any more. they cant or don't know. last time I had to wait 2 weeks for the customer support level 3 or what ever to call back and fix the problem. my issue is a POS without a strong support is nothing . so what we did . we ended up not renewing our service. we need to add more station but the question is it worth it without a good c support. now are in the market for a system because we can't work with a pos that have basically very poor support PS we have 2 business that us pointos
August 29, 2019
Angela G.

“Used it for years”

OverallOver all this software works well for me, my employees and myself have found ways to work around the issues that never get fixed or seem forever to be addressed. I don't like that PointOS does not let you know when they have fixed something you have reported. I use this for my liquor store and bar.
ProsIt's easy for employees to use, once you get that everything is ounce based it's pretty easy to program from the back end. Support is friendly and always answers and will move you up the food chain if you have a unique issue.
ConsIt has bugs and issues. I also can not see what items are tied to inventory items so if you make a mistake programing and building the data base good luck ever finding it. The reporting is minimal but better than what I had.
Food & Beverages, 11-50 employees

“50/50”

OverallSoftware is straightforward as long as the new updates don't screw any thing up. The great thing this company has going for it is the technical support department. Customer service experiences were terrible.
ProsSoftware is easy to use and technical support is always friendly and available 24/7.
ConsCustomer service is completely lacking on this product. Purchased the remote desktop feature and it never did work on any device. iOS, Andriod or PC. This was a license for an extended time period. PointOS would not return any calls on this for weeks. When I was finally able to get ahold of somebody, Point OS refused to technically resolve the issue, or offer any refund, pro-rated or otherwise.
Jake M.
October 21, 2017

“Company full of empty promises, defective products”

OverallActually and absolutely no benefits whatsoever. That sounds exaggerated--but it is not. (BEWARE. Sales people will tell you hardware will ship same day as payment clears, but this is NOT TRUE. Several days of delay after payment even after 4 follow-up calls.)
ProsThe only possible pro to this software was that you can download it online and there is not a long delay for setup.
ConsImplementation of the PointOS Profesional software along with their hardware bundles was an unmitigated disaster. The software is riddled with glitches, anomalies, malfunctions and bugs. I spent hours and hours and hours on line with tech support fixing problems within the first 2 weeks. After an agonizing opening week with thousands of dollars lost in comped food and upset customers I called in an IT expert to find and fix the problem. Ultimately, the hardware I received had a defective network adapter that caused the software to malfunction. PointOS abdicated all responsibility for their defective hardware and dragged me along from 8/9/17 to today without ever offering a resolution. If you are looking for a nightmare software/hardware backed by a company that fundamentally fails to be not only proactive but even reactive to a customer's crisis than look no further. I purchased PointOS Professional for the lower price tag and quicker turn-around time and it was the worst mistake I have ever made. You will PAY MORE for PointOS Profesional than their competitors once you figure in the losses, stain to your business reputation and sheer aggravation you will endure with this company. Best case scenario (everyone works right-which I guarantee won't happen) the software lacks countless basic features. As a small business owner, I urge you to steer clear and wish you only the best of luck if you've made the mistake of purchasing the software before reading this review.

By PointOS on October 26, 2017
Hi Jake, we are very sorry you had this experience. I see the detailed notes on your account, unfortunately your printer arrived in a different mode than the standard PointOS mode. It did take longer than expected. However, it was identified in one business day. It was at this point the product team authorized to provide white glove support at no cost to you, which is above our standard support service. Our team identified your network had IP conflicts. Our standard support package does not include network configuration. It was at this time an IT person was brought in to work on site with our team. We then assisted with you with setup of 2 network printers, and a kitchen printer along with your stations. We logged over 10 hours of white glove assistance. The support tickets did not include reports of bugs. Specifically there were two tickets regarding issues with reporting and cash balances. The reporting issue was tied to the fact the POS terminal didn't have MS Excel on it, which pre
October 21, 2017
Angela A.
August 14, 2016

“Disappointing....but functional. ”

OverallSales person sold it well. However, it isn't easy to set up or use, reports are not set up well (at least not for my bar business) and customer service is great (especially day time) but recomendations to "development team" seem to fall on deaf ears or take very long to get a response.
ProsCustomer service during the day is very helpful. Multiple pricing options are useful.
ConsNight time customer service are not as knowledgeable, but are still very nice. The initial set up was very time consuming. They do hardly any of it for you. Little to no training. Just "play with it and call me with questions." I called constantly and had to redo things multiple times because no one had explained all the features. (Little boxes to check and what not). It's has a fairly slow reaction time. Reports are confusing and need a lot more work. Modifier report doesnt even show any prices of those listed modifiers. Inventory reports do not give you any kind of comparison. I have to go thru each menu item and calculate how much I am missing individually between what I had, what I sold and now what I actually have left. My receipt printer was printing an extra 6 inches of paper for 6 weeks. During that time I requested help to fix the settings over 15 times. Finally, it is now printing normally. (This particular printer is very paper wasteful even at the smallest parameters. If I were to add a logo a one item purchase it would print a 10 inch long receipt! I said forget the logo, and settled for a 7.25 inch receipt. The open tabs are not well organized and make searching for a current customer time consuming. My staff are all disappointed in our purchase.
Recommendations to other buyersPointos gets the job done. But I have probably spent 90 hours on the phone with customer service in the last 2 months. Pointos seems like a small company that doesn't have all their issues worked out yet. Again, I love the customer service personnel! But the program needs work!!

By PointOS on August 16, 2016
I'm sorry you had issues setting it up. It is a very robust piece of software with many settings, however we try to keep it as simple as possible. We allow imports of menu items, inventory items and employees directly from Excel spreadsheets to speed up the setup process. However, like QuickBooks or any of our competitors there is a learning curve if you are not familiar with Point Of Sale software. Once setup we do strive for ease of use for the server, bartender or other employee using the system. The interface on the front end is intuitive and simple to use. We offer many resources for setting up the system in addition to our 24/7 support. We have videos, online manuals, a knowledge base. Additionally you can talk to sales about setting up your menu for an additional charge. I hope that now that it is setup, it is meeting your needs. If not please contact me personally and I will help you with any remaining issues. Thanks!
August 14, 2016
Amy G.

“PointOS ”

OverallOverall it works well for our situation. There are several things that I would love to be changed to make it even better.
ProsIt is easy to use. The set up isn't complicated. The daily use is fairly easy even for those with limited computer knowledge.
ConsThe system does not work well for a business that utilizes charge accounts for customers. When those customers pay, there is no opportunity to add a tip when using a credit card. "Creative" bookwork has to be used to accommodate these tips. Which is something we do not want to do.
Anthony P.

“PointOS”

ProsPrice and features. It really is a great system for the price. Aside from a few of the glitches, it's well worth the money. I'm very happy with my purchase. However, if you are not tech savvy, be cautious buying. Customer support and technical support is useless. I set it up myself from day 1, so I was able to make sure everything was programmed properly.
ConsThere's still a lot of glitches in the system and customer support is some of the worst I've ever experienced. Technical help also is awful. They couldn't help me anytime I called in to tell them about some of the glitches I've noticed in their system. In fact, the one time I called in, the lady actually said, "wow, you know more than us about this".
Mike B.
Entertainment, 11-50 employees

“Awful support”

OverallThe software is exceptional - it is the service and support that makes this product a very poor choice.
ProsLoaded with features. POS, Scheduling, Membership, Email intigration, delivery, payouts, calendar, more.
ConsPoorly documented in some areas. Getting information to implement product functions if you can't figure it out in the manuals will require an additional support contract. In short, after the purchase you are on your own unless you pay them s lot more money.
November 26, 2018

“PointOS review”

OverallIt's ok, not great. When you call, it depends on which rep takes the call. A few of the guys are very helpful; others want you off the phone and will only provide the basics and not go beyond
Proseasiness to add the food items for the restaurant and set up categories as needed
Consreporting. Their reports are not good, need improving. Plus have to do manually since unless you pay for cloud service you cannot access reports remotely
November 26, 2018
David L.
Secretary
Non-Profit Organization Management, 1-10 employees

“Customer since 2012”

OverallOverall, great experience.
ProsVery intuitive, easy to set up and modify.
ConsReporting, canned reports are just Okay. Need ability to generate custom reports and run automatically like the current daily , weekly, and monthly reports. Could use some more info on the background SQL setup.

By PointOS on July 24, 2018
Thanks Dave! we know you'll be happy with XE it will give you all the flexibility you need!
Garret B.
Information Technology and Services, 1-10 employees
June 10, 2016

“Blows away the competition”

OverallI've worked with a dozen systems over the years and even for more money this system hands down has more usable features than any of them
ProsLocally based hardware installed and installed with reliable LAN with added in the cloud back up and iPad connectivity makes this a winner!
ConsYou have to use either Vantiv or Cayan processors but they both do a great job so that's not a problem for me
Recommendations to other buyersIntegrates with Quickbooks ... Don't spend thousands more on proprietary systems like Aloha or Micros or Positouch... This system does more for less money

By PointOS on June 10, 2016
Thank you for the glowing review. the entire hard working team here loves seeing these!
June 10, 2016
Mike W.

“Worth the price!”

ProsPointOS is a great low-cost option in the expensive world of POS. We have used PointOS since we opened 4 years ago and they continue to add and improve features based on customer feedback. They have outstanding customer support!
ConsLack of online ordering capability and tablet orders.
Automotive, 11-50 employees

“Good system”

OverallOverall a solid purchase, good value.
ProsOne time purchase. Great hardware options available, but will run on any windows PC. Touch screen is best, but not required.
ConsSplit tenders seem to generate problems. it will go ahead and print the kitchen ticket before getting full payment.
Tymber G.
Entertainment, 11-50 employees
November 28, 2018

“Great system that could use a few minor improvements. ”

OverallWe use PointOS for a bar. Overall we are satisfied with the system and what it allows us to do.
ProsThe ease of learning the system is great for new employees. Simple yet effective.
ConsI wish the inventory was a bit more precise and user friendly.
November 28, 2018
John C.
Commander
Civic & Social Organization, 1-10 employees

“Horrible Customer Service”

OverallHave not really realized any gain, there are a couple of things we wnted them to do for us but there has never been a reply to our requests, no phone calls, no feedbacks. they are just horrible when it comes to customer service.
ProsThey started off great when the software was just purchased, however, their customer service sucks
ConsTheir product support is horrible, they never answer or reply to any requests from their customers
Wm. Trigg R.
June 7, 2017

“Knowledgeable sales team. Responsive customer support. Easy to use POS. Great for pizza shop.”

OverallQuick start up when we opened up the restaurant and very little hassle going forward. I have complete confidence in the team at PointOS to help us resolve operational problems where the POS system can be of help.
ProsPizza builder makes it easy for for our staff to create custom pizzas. The system is easy to learn from set the set up to daily use.
ConsThe only issue we had was with the printer when we initially installed the product. Resolved with a replacement.
June 7, 2017
Jerry E.

“Easy to use”

ProsEasy to use, easy to program, can copy menu items key features into a new product Employees learn it quickly
ConsLimited amount of Pricing levels for a single product. (Only Good Customer, Special, Regular or Employee) As an example, you can't have "Bud Light" at regular , lower on Tuesday and a different another day... you can only have one pre-set price drop per week.
Michael T.
November 20, 2018

“Simple and easy to use ”

OverallTracks inventory and sales that others could not
ProsThe only software that does what I need.
ConsSome reports can't be run for more that a meek at a time. But that's being worked on in PointOS XE
JONGSOO K.
November 20, 2018

“Need to pursue perfection”

ProsEasy to use like adding new menus or easy setups, etc.
ConsA lot of bugs. Not completed program yet. 1. Easy to mistake to hit cash payment button while printing customer receipt. This is most common mistake from every servers. 2. Some discount item (like wine special) prices are not reflected in the breakdown but total is correct (screen viewing is correct but printing is different from screen view). Not a professional POS yet! 3. Monitor size and PointOS screen mismatched. Too small screen!
Tim H.
June 5, 2017

“Simple to use. Wish the online support was better.”

OverallAccountability
ProsVery easy to program. Simple for my employees to use. Able to add stations to the system to better serve our customers
ConsPut a second system on it and it's slower then the first computer. The mypointos app is unavailable. Support hasn't gotten back to me in two weeks.

By PointOS on June 5, 2017
Thank you for your feedback. We take customer contact seriously and apologize for your experience. PointOS Support will reach out to you within the next few hours to follow up. They will also create a support ticket. We recommend keeping those on hand.
June 5, 2017
sonia s.
Onwer

“So far so good!”

OverallI am satisfied so far.
ProsBeen using the software for quite a while, and it's been working ok so far. Customer service is been very helpful.
ConsOnly complaints is when I have issues with the software there's no one can help you if it happen on weekends.
Larry L.
owner/mgr
May 21, 2017

“I am just amazed at this system and reccomend it to all I speak to..Ty McDougal outdid himself”

OverallEasiness of operation
ProsEverything about this system is exactly what the salesman told me.easy to use,support,and affordability
Cons I have had minor start-up, problems..I truly love Pointos. It's Easy to use, easy to set up, easy to teach.Just an amazing product
May 21, 2017
Valerie S.
June 1, 2017

“Support is great but software needs twe eking alot”

OverallEase of reports
ProsEase of use, reports are plentiful but not always right. Easy for new hires to learn. Quite cash out process.
ConsHave to have to many modifiers to complete an order. Wish it was more condensed but maybe I don't have it set up right.
June 1, 2017
Frank D.
Business Owner
Food & Beverages, 11-50 employees

“Awesome ”

OverallNever had a problem
ProsSo easy and understanding. Great valley with the money your spending. I'm so glad i end up with this awesome system
ConsSometimes it blocks and i need to restart the pc
November 21, 2018

“Just my opinio”

OverallI was told the system had an integrated scale. It does not.
ProsI like the reports from current to past day. How it sends reports to let you know how you have done for the week with production and where you are on payroll.
ConsI wished the system would also do a graph to show how you did over the past couple of weeks as well.
November 21, 2018
Karen A.
Non-Profit Organization Management, 11-50 employees

“Great POS System!”

OverallGreat for tracking inventory and generating reports
ProsIt's very easy to use and to print reports
Conscredit card reader doesnt work sometimes and I have to restart the system
Matthew E.
July 17, 2018

“Just Ok... nothing special”

ProsAffordability... but you also get what you pay for
ConsCustomer support... They expect you to be on their level of knowledge
Barry A.
Retail, 11-50 employees
November 27, 2018

“Excellent POS for its time. ”

OverallProgram was excellent but did not upgrade to tablet based. Too bad. I have been with NCR silver pro for a few years. iPad based but fairly slow and below average customer service. Lacks features. Very slow to add obvious features.
ProsVery fast. Feature packed. Excellent customer service.
ConsCredit card provider. No choice but theirs. Windows based, very cumbersome. Heavy footprint.
Eric M.
Wine and Spirits, 1-10 employees
November 20, 2018

“Owner Loup River Distilling.”

OverallKeeping track of orders and sales
Proswidows based, easy to use, have had zero issues with the software
ConsNeed to be able to delete individual items on order without having to put in your code each time. Would like to see easier editing if possible, but its not that bad
Mike F.
July 29, 2015

“Average at best”

OverallThis one isn't even paid off yet and I'm already looking into replacing it. Pros - price, easy to use, my sales guy/customer service guy is good. Cons - touch screen works horribly, bartenders had to resort to using pen caps to get it to accept. It has been that way since day one. Tried stylus pens and those don't work either. must purchase excel to have reports emailed or printed. can't check online live unless pay for their service, credit card merchant options are terrible. can't bring up previous days closed tabs to check things that might be wrong. can't reprint cashier closing reports. can't split tabs 50/50 or 1/3,1/3,1/3...etc, etc. only by item, can't have the same item on special multiple days with different prices without changing it manually each day. It's a decent enough system but I'm not satisfied I should have went with the pricier one!!!

By PointOS on July 30, 2015
The hardware issues as far as the touchscreen are strange. Screen might just need to be calibrated. The hardware is older and not purchased through us. A touch screen is just an input device like a mouse. Our program does nothing special to make it work. You should contact the manufacturer. We do export to Excel but Open Office will open .xls files as well for free. As far as online, we offer full cloud services for $99 year, but have free basic online and iOS app reports for free. All previous tabs can be brought up by clicking the tab in the closed orders list. Here it can be reprinted. Also, you can split checks by item or by payment amount. You can also have an item on special multiple days. We support 5 different price options with Happy Hour and Specials able to change the price on a time schedule. I feel that this customer is simply unfamiliar with some of our features and am offering free training and help with their hardware
July 29, 2015
Lansfield W.
manager
Accounting, Self-employed

“Functionality”

ProsEase of use by junior staff. Also running end of day reports for revenue purposes
ConsAbility to keep an inventory of the components that goes into a product e.g cups, straws etc. Ability to link it to QuickBooks Accounting
Financial Services, 201-500 employees

“owner”

Overalloverall I thing the system is a great fix for my business.
Prosprice and credit card processing features.
Consentering the menu items into the system.
Pete O.
June 28, 2019

“Over promised under delivered ”

OverallI am not solving any problems point OS is causing problems for me
ProsThe price, of the equipment and how I could use it with all of my other computers
ConsHow I was promised things and shown things that can not done
Kevin S.
Information Technology and Services, Self-employed

“This is a title.”

OverallI mean, it does what it is supposed to do which is ring up orders and it has the ability to do so much more but the owners can't afford to hire me to program their software and they don't have time to put into it all that it can do so it is just basically using its basic functions. Support is expensive and required which was a terrible point. So terrible, in fact, that I will never recommend this software to any other company I represent again.
ProsIt was relatively easy to set up, I was able to train the end user on the parts of the software that mattered.
ConsYou MUST purchase a year of support when you purchase the software. Even if I have already purchased the software for another location. This is absurd and a waste of money. The software is expensive enough and doesn't have an overly professional feel to it.
Jeff C.
July 28, 2017

“Not very well thought out”

Overallzero lost 1100 on purchase.
ProsThe pricing was fair. networking and backroom reports are fine. The system installed ok with tech help.
ConsThe sales person promised the functionality but was wrong. System doesn't open tabs as told. I was told it couldn't be done the way our software and others do it. Lots of programming in areas that are not popular in our area like music playlists etc. maybe in other areas that works not sure. biggest problem spending 1100+ for the one feature we needed in a busy bar.

By PointOS on August 9, 2017
Hi Jeff, We have made some really great additions to the Software. We will reach out to you and discuss your tabs issue.
July 28, 2017
Tina L.
Manger
November 20, 2018

“The Worse I ever Dealt With ”

Overallyour technical support is the worse I have dealt with and any one of your team members do not call you back I could tell you more but it wont fit in this box if you really want to know how I did not get my moneys worth with this company just give me a call at 480 653 0881 and ask for support team
ProsIt is easy and it is user friendly it has its good points
ConsIts Glitches all the time and that it is very picky
Gary C.
IT support
Retail, 1-10 employees
November 20, 2018

“Using PointOS at our cafe”

OverallPointOS gets the job done and the price can't be beat.
ProsPointOS was very easy to install, and setup. It handles take out orders, and call in orders very well.
ConsAfter a cashier does a z-out (end of day closing), the PointOS system will not let you make a sale, until after the drawer cash is entered. Also a search feature, for all items for sale, would be helpful for new hires who are not yet familiar with the menu.
Lorraine G.

“Lorraine ”

ProsPretty simple to use, lots of reports
ConsWe are just a small bar so it's a little more than what we need but it works well.
Dennis K.
Trustee
Non-Profit Organization Management, 1-10 employees

“Not User Friendly”

OverallToo complicated for small operation.
ProsAppeared to be functional. Appeared to be practical.
ConsBecame necessary to reinvent everything, system did not have required software installed, very user unfriendly. Support after paying for continued support system would not update.
Ron B.
February 20, 2013

“Very good once you get it set up”

OverallVery good - once you program it. Took me 25 data entry hours to load all of my menu items and tie them to inventory and I'm not that slow. My staff and I played with it a lot before we had enough confidence to go live with it. Some little twists and turns that need to be learned, but no major deal. However, once set up and going works beautifully. Totally satisfied.
ProsPrice. Flawless operation. Great customer support. All the features we need
ConsComplete pain in the a** to set up. Operation not particularly intuitive at first.
February 20, 2013
Larry G.
Member

“Works great for us”

OverallGreat
ProsSimplicity and ease of use, everyone who uses it loves it.
ConsNothing yet we just got it and it is doing great.
K T.
IT
May 12, 2012

“POINTOS IS GOOD”

Overallyou need to look for a system that can do debit not credit cards
ProsTHE PROGRAM IS THE BEST OUT THERE EZ TO USE. THE PEOPLE ARE VERY NICE AND GOOD
ConsTHE ONLY DRAW BACK IS credit card processor merchant WAREHOUSE, GETTING OVER CHARGE, and not get the money in the account right, the credit card processing go's offline and can't charge any thing.
May 12, 2012
Alfredo H.
September 26, 2011

“It work only with ONE Merchant provider and they are horrible”

OverallI recommended it
ProsCustomer support is excellent and free, easy to use and you can program it by your self.
ConsThey are attach to ONLY ONE Merchant provider, called Merchant Warehouse. Merchant warehouse, are rude, very poor customer services, and hard to deal with. Hope POINTOS will open to more Merchant providers.
September 26, 2011
Bader A.

“Pos”

ProsNothing really the software is one of the worst
ConsEverything starting from the software to the costumer service. Been facing a problem with it since I got it never fixed
Brandon H.
Regional Account Executive
August 28, 2013

“Good System”

OverallI personally set up and sell point os. The system is easy to learn especially with the FREE tech support and FREE online manuals available at your disposal. Buggy i think not! Works on almost all windows based systems to boot.
August 28, 2013
Dylan A.
July 17, 2009

“Great software, Great price”

OverallI definitely recommend.
ProsThis is the best software I have found for my bar at any price. Customers love the integrated music, and it makes checking id's really easy. Excellent customer support.
ConsI can't think of any...
July 17, 2009