Glitnir Ticketing System Ratings

Overall

About Glitnir Ticketing System

The Glitnir Ticketing System is a state-of-the-art, feature-rich Box Office and Internet Ticketing solution along with extensive Sales, Marketing and reporting modules. You can also manage email campaigns, contracts and more. Glitnir provides print at home, internet and box office ticketing along with ticket transfer and resale tools. We support both reserved and general admission seating along with will call and season plans. Ticket barcoding and wireless scanning are also available. Learn more about Glitnir Ticketing System

Lance K.
Manager, Ticket Operations and Season Sales
March 25, 2019

“Great product and great customer support! ”

OverallOverall it's been a great experience. The Glitnir team is always looking for ways to improve and evolve. Customer service has been exceptional from all team members. We've also seen our online ticket sales grow from year to year using Glitnir.
ProsGlitnir is relatively easy to teach anyone new. Value for the product is great! If we need any assistance or something quits working, they're staff will jump on a call right away. Our rep is always great at getting back to us in a timely manner and solving any and all problems. The group portal upgrades were much needed and I think they nailed it. Much easier to use and much quicker to set up/maintain. I also like that CRM is build right in, so no need to purchase through another company.
ConsReports and running lists are not the easiest. Took me a while to figure out how to pull info I need. Also, from time to time, if I select what I need (seeing holds for an event/solds/ect.) still no information shows. Seems like there's a list for everything you would want/need, just figuring out the best and most convenient ones is key. The last thing would be any individual seats in a customers cart that are trying to get deleted. Other systems all you need to do is click on the seat to select, and click again to delete from your cart. With Glitnir you need to click on the seat to select, and on the right hand side, check the box on the seat you do not want, then select delete. Seems like this is something they could upgrade.
March 25, 2019
Denis L.
IT & Process Manager
March 26, 2019

“Glitnir Ticketing Exeter City”

OverallOur experience over the past 5 years has seen the system deliver increased sales, massive improvements in customer service, cost reductions and flexibility to enable the company to grow quicker than expected. The user online service, event scanning and adaptability have made a significant contribution to the clubs migration from an old style sports club into a dynamic 21st century business encompassing and embracing the modern online and mobile services.
ProsThe flexibity, accountability, cost and serviceability. The dedication of the Glitnir to solve challenges in the ever changing UK ticketing arena has been second to none. The market differs significantly from the US model with events where demand regularly outstrips capacity - the team developed an easy solution to control who can buy and when without any compromise to response times online and the robust financials that underpin the service. The innovative integration with Google to deliver the online customer ability to walk around the venue, see 360 view and then choose seat is exceptional.
ConsThe robust engine that underpins the service needs a comprehensive administration back to end that enables user management but at first is a little daunting. The team have done some major improvements and continues to provide a better interface. As this only affects a couple of people in th organisation this is only a minor irritant.
Sports, 201-500 employees
March 19, 2019

“15 year user of Glitnir Ticketing System”

OverallI've always been a fan of Glitnir Ticketing. I've worked with their ownership since my first day on the job and they are a very hands on company and will quickly assist you with any problems. I can't stress that enough, you can email or call and they will promptly work directly with you to figure out the problem or guide you through the steps. Well run company and they worked hard, with me, to quickly address our issues and customize our system to fit our exact needs and wants. They want our system to be the best it can be and make every effort to make it so.
ProsI've always like the straight forward approach with Glitnir. There are generally multiple ways to access the info you're looking for. Step by step is as simplified as it can get and selling tickets to games is full proof.
ConsIt isn't too user friendly. I'm used to it but new users say it is complicated to learn and the overall theme the online purchaser reports is that it is tough to work through. Figuring out how to generate certain reports can be complicated or tricky because there is so much functionality that it becomes confusing.
March 22, 2019

“Customer Support At It's Finest ”

OverallGlitnir has been very responsive to our wants in needs. They've been able to help us modify our reporting, improved the group portal platform, and as I said earlier, have the best customer service/support team that I have worked with.
ProsI do love the customer service aspect that I've come to rely on, on nearly a daily basis. All of the representatives and executives that I have worked with over the six years I have used Glitnir Ticketing have been readily available to me and the organization 24/7.
ConsThere are a lot of competitors that are offering new and shiny technology. In my opinion Glitnir is not on the forefront of that yet, but they are making strides to get there. I've seen vast improvements in the group ticketing platform, season ticket platform and email platform over the past year, and I am excited to see what comes next.

“Glitnir Review”

OverallSwitching to a new ticket system is like learning how to walk again. It was tough at first, but the customer support was there every step of the way. Their buying process helped our speed of service, data collection and simplified a lot of things we were doing. The FREE CRM is a great added bonus, along with the group portal.
ProsGlitnir's ease of use software is superb for our industry! We've been using them for some time now and once everything was up to speed, the buying process was simple! The features they offer are exactly what we were looking for from the buying process, to the CRM, to the Group Portal and newsletter features. The customer service is great! They usually stay on top of all the details.
ConsThe most difficult task is trying to find the report that you are looking for to pull the most accurate information. They offer a wide variety of reports, so there may be one that works just right for you! There are some bugs with the software (not bad) that take time getting use to.
Eben Y.
Vice President
Entertainment, 51-200 employees
April 18, 2019

“Glitnir Ticketing is an easy to use, affordable and a great ticket solution!”

OverallI've personally worked with Glitnir Ticketing for about 15 years and I wouldn't want to work with anyone else. Any time I had an idea that would help grow sales they worked to implement. They have helped me with creating custom reports. It is an easy ticket solution for our customers which leaves them happy and they don't feel like they got hit with a lot of unnecessary fees that you may see with a larger ticketing solution.
ProsEasy to use, navigate, run the necessary reports I need as well as keep up to date on where I am with ticket sales on a particular event. Great for keeping information on my customers that allows me to grow sales for other events.
ConsI really haven't had any issues with this software. To be honest, anytime I ran into a limitation I brought it to their attention and they solved the issue for me.
April 18, 2019
Patrick S.
August 23, 2010

“Glitnir Ticketing Review”

OverallThe Glitnir Ticketing System is a solid tool. For mid to low budget teams looking to have their customer database coupled with their ticket system, I feel it is one of the strongest on the market, presenting great value in addition to it's ease of use.
ProsThe customer service has been very good. Gordan, DJ and Ian all put in extra hours to make certain that we were up and ready to roll after having imstalled the system 5 weeks prior to our opening day. They have fielded phone calls on weekends, checked out problems for us after hours and made certain everything was in proper working order before signing off on the job. The system itself is easy to train staff to use, user friendly, and easy to run reports ranging from scanned attendance to cash and CC reconciliations at the end of the day. Commission reports are simple to run now because of the contract summary function. The CRM and e-mail marketing system allows you to target specific segments of your fan base for special offers or email blast marketing and also allows you to track the success of such promotions. Our online ticket sales have tripled from sales numbers in 2008 & 2009. The Glitnir system allows online customers to purchase the seats they want.
ConsOnline ticket customers can leave single seats from a transaction. This has been my biggest fault with the system. Our stadium is not that large and on busy nights we will use every reserved seat that we have so eliminating singles is huge for us. Reporting nuances take some time to get used to but once you are familiar with the system it becomes second nature when looking for information. Transaction times for an order that incorporate discounts take on average a minute or so.
August 23, 2010
Karl M.
Director of Ticket Operations
August 12, 2010

“Relentlessly Helpful Customer Support Unlocks Glitnir's Full Potential”

OverallI would recommend Glitnir to any user that wants to get more than just the bare bones out of their ticketing system -- anyone who is willing to put in some work so that they can feel totally comfortable with their system and capable of using it to enhance all elements of ticket operations.
ProsOne of the most impressive things about the Suns' partnership with Glitnir has been our success advertising and selling more than just cut-and-dry individual-game tickets through the online system. I've been amazed at the number of new customers we've brought in who have been able to take advantage of some of our unique ticket promotions without having ever spoken to a member of our ticket sales team. Glitnir's Promo Code setup is so user-friendly that we have literally been selling our popular Chipotle Friends & Family packages in our sleep, racking up sales of our most popular ticket package long after the box office closes. We've sold out all four of our Friends & Family games so far this season, largely because Glitnir's Promo Codes make purchasing the plan online so quick and convenient.
ConsWhen I first started using Glitnir, I would keep a running list of what I thought were problems with the system -- things that seemed flawed or that just didn't seem to work with what we do here in Hagerstown. As I worked more and more with my Glitnir representatives, though, and they took the time to walk me through each and every "problem" I brought up, the list dwindled. At this point, there really are no problems with the system as far as I am concerned. It took me some time and hard work to get comfortable with the Glitnir system, but all the effort was rewarded because at this point I feel like Hagerstown has a ticketing system that suits us perfectly.
August 12, 2010
Conor J.
Ticket and Operations Coordinator
April 2, 2019

“Glitnir Ticketing System review”

OverallThere is a legitimacy in our department and in our ticketing that wasn't there before. Online and walk up sales are easier to manage and quicker to execute, and reporting sales and attendance is easier and more consistent.
ProsWe had absolutely no ticketing presence or software before Glitnir. The customer service and helpful attitude they provided was and is fantastic. They worked with us through the entire set up process and really set us up for success and continue to respond immediately even when we have the smallest questions or issues.
ConsI still find the navigation and orientation to the system a little difficult. It may be because no one here has ever used a system like this. However I find it difficult to teach my workers (mostly students) and administrators how to use the system and for game day sales and even more difficult to show them how to access other features. That being said, the Glitnir team did a great job showing me how to use it and my translation to others may need improvement.
April 2, 2019
Sports, 1-10 employees

“Ticketing With Glitnir”

OverallI have used Glitnir for the better part of a year and a half now and as of October 2018 I began to learn a lot about the Administrative side to their ticketing system. Whenever I am unsure of certain actions or in need some additional training, Glitnir's Customer Service Support has no problem providing training guides as well as tremendous over the phone support. The more I learn about the system the easier it is to navigate moving forward.
ProsGlitnir makes game day walk up sales simple, quick, and easy. I also enjoy the CRM system when it comes to logging and keeping track of conversations with clients and potential business. Learning and understanding the system more makes Glitner a fun easy to use ticketing system.
ConsSometimes subtracting tickets in a group order can be difficult process however as well as some of the inner workings however, I am still learning a lot of the system.
Ryan A.
Senior Account Executive
March 20, 2019

“Glitnir Ticketing reviews”

OverallOur overall experience with Glitnir has been great. The software is affordable and easy to use. They are also very reliable.
ProsThe ease of access is the best part of using the Glitnir software. The customer service that has provided us is outstanding. The reps have always gotten back to us at a very quick base and can help us walk through any issues we have. Glitnir is also always trying to innovate new technology to make the software more customer savvy.
ConsThe least thing I like about the software is the multiple steps it takes to set up a group portal, however they have made strides with eliminating multiple steps in the last few weeks.
March 20, 2019
Jessica G.
Ticket Sales & Operations Manager

“Glitnir Review”

OverallI have been using Glitnir for going on 8 Seasons and couldn't be happier with it. They are very accommodating and grow with our organization and the industry to help us become better. I would recommend this system to anyone looking to make the most out of their Box Office.
ProsGlitnir is super easy to use. I feel like it is the most user friendly option not only behind the scenes but for the fans as well. It has all the functionalities needed to have a professional Box Office with the best customer service you could ask for.
ConsThe software doesn't communicate with a lot of third party systems and that takes a little extra work to make everything work together.
Mick R.

“Best There Is!”

OverallGlitnir's online system has really made it easier for our non-season ticket holders to purchase tickets before the game and not have to wait in the line at the gate.
ProsThe functionality of the system is very easy to work with, and having to train new employees each year and knowing they can easily run the system without somebody looking over their shoulder is tremendous.
ConsI cannot think of a single con for Glitnir. They help us with everything we need and our online sales tripled from what we used to have.
Allison A.

“Glitnir Ticketing System Review”

OverallBeing new to my job, I have found ways that can simplify some steps for me when going through the process of reports or tracking who uses what tickets or vouchers.
ProsFor being in an independent league it seems that this software is easy to use and has all the functions needed for a smaller stadium.
ConsNot many teams use it , I feel like. Or mainly it is not as well- known. It seems that if youw ere to work your way up you need experience with other systems.
Brad K.
Director of Season Sales

“Glitnir Review”

OverallThe CRM system is a quick tool to our organization and very simple to use.
ProsThe ticketing system is very user friendly and simple to add-on new promotions, products and features that we are using. The google maps feature is very cool so fans see the view from the seats.
ConsTo many steps to do when adding contracts and also when customers order tickets online. The POS system needs to be updated.
Justice H.

“Glitnir Ticketing System Review”

ProsPlatform is user friendly for staff and also fans. The CRM helps us keep track of progress and leads.
ConsFreedom to create inventory on the fly. This might be because I am new to my role and us being on the West Coast but I wish we could go into the back end of the system and have the ability to create one time things quicker than having to add more to your plate.
Aaron H.
Vice President
March 19, 2019

“Glitnir Ticketing System review”

OverallWe've had a very positive experience from day one with Glitnir. The value is great and they are always quick to resolve any issues that may arise.
ProsWe like the ease of use, support, and value of the ticketing system.
ConsWe're still working on some functionality to make things easier for event setup and ease of use for our fans.
Bryan V.

“Glitnir Ticketing Review”

OverallIt has been a great experience working with Glitnir Ticketing, they provide outstanding customer service, they are always just a call or an email away.
ProsThe system is easy to use for individuals who do not have a ticketing background.
ConsOnce in a while the ticketing system will freeze.

“Glitnir is Great”

ProsI enjoy Glitnir's great customer service the most. They are very easy to get a hold of to fix any issues.
ConsMaking updates to contracts could be smoother, but other than that I do not have many complaints.
James C.
Assisstant General Manager

“Glitnir Ticketing System Review”

OverallI enjoy working with the reps, they make my work in the system. easier.
ProsWe are able to use it not only for ticketing purposes but also for POS.
ConsSometimes it is hard to navigate. I can have problems finding what I need at times.
December 4, 2018

“You get what you pay for...”

OverallI've found they have exceptional customer service, but are lacking in some of the things that are required in today's high tech world. Mobile functionality is sub par, but they are working on improving.
ProsThe monthly pricing is exceptional compared to other ticketing platforms. If you're looking for basic functionality this is by far your best bet.
ConsThe cheap overall price point is reflected in the functionality of the system. Certain features that can be found on other ticketing systems are just beginning to be developed.
November 28, 2018

“Get what you pay for”

OverallIt's a very basic system that is half a ticketing system and half a CRM - neither of which are very good. Better off spending a little more money for a separate ticketing and CRM so you can analyze data, offer better fan-oriented ticket options (online account management, integration, etc)
ProsEasy to use and train staff on, has a combined ticket and CRM system
ConsOverall just a very poorly constructed system in which you can tell the developers haven't worked in sports/sales, doesn't integrate with any other software/system - even ones that are common in sports (Stadium One, Score CRM, Salesforce, Groupmatics, QuickBooks), only a few members on staff and not as customer service oriented as other providers we currently work with
November 28, 2018
Ian U.
Manager of Ticket Operations
March 26, 2019

“Jackson Generals Glitnir Review”

ProsI like the fact how easy it is to learn and use Glitnir.
ConsThere is no current feature that I don't like about Glitnir.
Lauren K.
Sports, 1-10 employees
March 27, 2019

“Sky Blue FC Review”

OverallI have really enjoyed working with our rep on creating the best possible experience for our fans.
ProsThe customization, and customer service.
ConsNot as user friendly as other ticketing systems (that fans are used to using).
March 27, 2019
Kim G.
Senior Associate Athletic Director
Higher Education, 1001-5000 employees

“Glitnir”

ProsEase of use, helpful customer service,
Conscustomer support not offered late night and weekends

“Dated, Unintuitive Software”

ProsThe fact that Glitnir combines a ticketing service and a CRM service means that I only have to access one service for my ticket and selling needs.
ConsThe software looks dated, layout is unintuitive, lacks integration with other services.