Invoice2go Ratings

Overall
3.5/5
3.5/5

About Invoice2go

Send simple invoices using professional templates, invoice generator, PDF invoices and quotes, online payments, bill organizer, receipt and expense tracking, time tracking, time management and business reporting all rolled up into one easy-to-use app. Create a construction invoice or estimate, business receipt for your side gig or track receipts for your small business, all with Invoice2go. Start your 14-day trial today and get 50% off your first year! Learn more about Invoice2go

Jerry W.
October 10, 2019

“Affordable and Basic Invoicing Software”

OverallI no longer use Invoice2go but found it to be easy to use, affordable yet a little to basic for a growing home service company.
ProsI really appreciated the affordability and ease of using the software
ConsIt's a little too basic in features for my liking
October 10, 2019
Brian H.
Owner / President of Hill & Sons Ltd.
Mechanical or Industrial Engineering, 1-10 employees

“EXTREMELY DISAPPOINTED”

OverallI have been using Invoice2go for about two years now. This is my story: Invoices have disappeared from their database on a regular basis over the two years. Fortunately, because I BCC all my invoices, I had backup copies in my email. My invoices that I emailed out did not reach my clients. Invoice2go figured they'd been delivered to their junk mail. Some of our commercial clients keep us waiting up to ninety days before paying, and so we waited. When we finally determined that they hadn't ever received the invoices, it was sometimes six months or more before we got paid. Invoice2go recommended that before sending an invoice, that I contact my customers and get them to change their email setup to accept our emails. When Google Chrome updated, Invoice2go didn't; they were incompatible and it would not work properly. I switched to Firefox but continued to have issues. All of my settings, the email message ...all were dropped when I switched over. As a result, and unbeknownst to me, I was no longer BCC'ing my invoices to our company email. During that interval the database dropped another fourteen invoices and I did not have my email backup to rely on. It took a week in the office with my employees, going through the database, time sheets, and work orders to restore those invoices. The problem was further exacerbated by the fact that I didn't know who the invoices were for, if the jobs had been completed or if the invoices had even been mailed out. I lost all the material lists and the pricing. I also discovered that a lot of customers don't call to complain that we didn't send them an invoice. I cannot use the scroll wheel on my mouse. I even went out a replaced the mouse. I can scroll only with the arrows on the keyboard. When I create a new invoice, I would say that once every five or six invoices it screws up the sequence. If you miss it, it looks like a missing invoice. In my case I had emailed backups to prove that there had indeed been an invoice, but it can confuse the issue. The spell checker will point out spelling mistakes, provide the proper spelling but when corrected the word immediately reverts to the incorrect spelling.
Malcolm S.
Problem solving | Solution design | IT Support
February 8, 2018

“The best fit for my business”

OverallI don't have to change how I work and learn a larger accounting/invoicing package. I also can accept credit card and other payments without hassle.
ProsSimplicity of use and works for my business without the overhead of a full accounting package. Syncing that works flawlessly now, they have clearly learnt from the past.
ConsWith the older version, syncing was often a problem and when they revamped the software they simplified a little too much, taking away some much loved features and a delay in getting data back to people. They seem to be improving with their customer service though.
February 8, 2018
Scott F.
Owner/Operator
Information Technology and Services, 1-10 employees
November 7, 2017

“Works well enough, but it is quite expensive for what it does and it has a lot of little quirks.”

OverallFast and easy invoicing, integrated payments by PayPal and Stripe.
ProsInvoice2Go has a lot of beautiful invoice templates, and a good amount of ways to customize those templates to your liking to great something to be proud of. Adding custom fields is pretty easy too, and accepting payments by way of Stripe and PayPal is a plus.
ConsThey only offer a few payment gateways out of the thousands available, and other than those few gateways, no other integrations are available. I would love to see integration with a cloud storage service to export data and PDF invoices too, and even better would be integration with CRM apps to instantly port those items to as well. As it stands I have to use multiple systems for one task. There are also a lot of quirks when it comes to where things land on invoices - for example no matter how short your invoice is, any customer terms or notes always appear on the following page, even if there is ample room on the first. Just lots of things like that. It's also very pricey for NOT connecting into a CMS or CRM.
November 7, 2017
shasha t.
Assistant
Consumer Services, 1-10 employees
April 14, 2019

“Pretty Good, could be improved a bit.”

OverallOverall, it gets the job done and that's what really matters. No real complaints from me.
ProsIt is very easy to use, allows customers to pay directly from the email link. Hassle free. It does an amazing job of keeping my payment records in order. I like the separated sections for paid & unpaid invoices as well as the various search options.
ConsI wish I were able to create my own template for how I want my invoices to look. They have pretty good options but the flexibility to move things around and freely edit would be nice. I also can't seem to delete/replace my original logo. It's been updated but I can't figure out how to do it.
April 14, 2019
Serenity S.
May 22, 2018

“So much more than invoicing”

OverallOne step book keeping for my husband's business.
ProsI love that it's a one stop app. You can do everything you need to for the book keeping side of your business with this one application. I love that you can turn estimates into invoices so you save a ton of time. You can also see when your client views the invoice and set up automatic payment reminders. This takes the pressure off of you to keep after delinquent accounts. You can even store and track your business receipts. Plus I can use it on all my devices. It really does everything and more ecspesially for a free app.
ConsIt does require a lot of different permissions on your device but anything that tracks you does. I just make sure my virus protection is up to date.
May 22, 2018
ken d.
December 13, 2016

“construction company”

OverallLoses invoices, they vanish, and cannot be retrieved. I have noticed that I have lost invoices and they are completely gone, I called customer report if I can find the invoice number they can retrieve it?? Does me no good if it comes up missing and I don't see it gone. I don't understand why they can't find the Glitch in the software and guarantee me that it won't happen again. I am currently looking to find a better invoice software.
Prosquick invoicing
Consloses invoices, cannot make progress bills off a single invoice, such as draws on a project.
December 13, 2016
Debbie L.
Office manager/owner
Oil & Energy, 1-10 employees
April 29, 2018

“I have used this product for 10 years was excellent till going on internet and icloud”

OverallFor 9 years it was excellent, not now!!
ProsIt was easy to navigate and use. I loved the templates. .It was reliable and I was able to create many subfolders for one year.
ConsSince going onto internet and icloud and getting away from the computer desktop, it has become a nightmare. I lose invoices and have to recreate them which takes a lot of extra time!!!!
April 29, 2018
Justin N.
Admin
September 19, 2018

“Great for Small Business!”

OverallHighly recommend for new business owners.
ProsWe tried to switch from quickbooks to Invoice2Go and we were highly impressed! It's truly a simple, intuitive app. It allows for us to collect payments, send invoices and track expenses. It's quick to set up an invoice and send. We loved it!
ConsWe simply outgrew the software. Our business developed into a multi faceted business and we needed something more robust. Highly recommend Invoice2Go if you are a small business. It will help elevate you to the next level.
September 19, 2018
Brian H.
Owner / President
Mechanical or Industrial Engineering, 1-10 employees

“EXTREMELY DISAPPOINTED Con't”

OverallThe limit of 2500 words in my previous review simply wasn't enough for me to extoll the virtues of the program. And so to continue: ' I am on speed dial to technical support. They know me by name. They are really nice people, but whenever they say they will get the engineers to look at the problem, that's the kiss of death. They have yet to resolve even one issue for me. They have never found a missing invoice ...not even one. ' This program has been a MAJOR source of STRESS for me and has cost me a ton of money; not to mention credibility with my customers. ' I have also discovered that old invoices are very difficult to collect from customers. 'For those of you who give it a good rating 'check back in your invoice database. Follow the sequence and see if they are all there. Odds are, you are missing invoices as well 'you may just not realize it. ' Why did I stick it out for so long? ...my database is extensive, I was established and I never stopped coping and hoping that they would fix this glitchy program. ' This morning I discovered two that more invoices (that I made up yesterday and emailed out), are missing; that was the last straw. ' I am switching to QuickBooks and I hope never to look back. I don't care how much it costs; if it works - it's a bargain!
Damian L.
Marketing and Advertising, 1-10 employees
June 22, 2016

“good invoicing on the go”

Proson the go ability, Easy to use, good reports, needs auto-reminders to make collection easier updates one time must have for small business
Consandroid version little complicated to get around
Recommendations to other buyersmac, iOS and pc versions excellent
June 22, 2016
Myles C.
Construction, Self-employed
August 27, 2019

“Long time user ”

OverallI've been an invoice2 go user for over 5 years.
ProsI've been using invoice2go for several years since it was a very inexpensive app. I like that I can easily do estimates and then convert them to invoices. I primarily use my smartphone when on the worksite and it's features are easy to access on both smartphones and laptops.
ConsI cannot easily save the info as a database, and the price has increased significantly since I began using it, however I still choose it over comparable products for ease of use.
August 27, 2019
Julie K B.
July 29, 2017

“It was useful until it started rounding up”

ProsNice templates, relatively pain-free invoice creation and submission, decent reports that help my accountant file my taxes.
ConsIt does not take rates out to 3 decimal places. Mileage rates are always out to 3 decimal places. Therefore, every invoice I submit is incorrect and payments are impossible to reconcile. I used to be able to enter mileage rates to 3 decimal places but with recent updates that option is no longer available. I've begged them to change this but so far they have not. Their responses list all the wonderful features of their app, which is not responsive. Also, there are occasional sync issues so invoices created on one device do not show on another. This causes endless wasted hours recreating invoices. The desktop app is unreliable. I'm a long-time user but I'm now searching for a better invoicing program.
July 29, 2017
Ashley C.
Front Office Manager
January 10, 2018

“I work with this software daily for almost 7 months now. ”

ProsI like how user friendly it is. I started working with this software and got very little training. I figured it out pretty quickly.
ConsI do not like how you can't search for names on the invoices easily. This also applies to the app version of this software too. It is a headache if i have to look up a previously sent invoice. I also do not like the image limit when uploading a picture to attach to the invoice.
January 10, 2018
Shane S.
Owner/operator
January 9, 2017

“Great application ”

OverallThis app has performed on the highest level for me and my small business! I highly recommend this product!
January 9, 2017
Marcus K.
Accounting, 1-10 employees
October 26, 2017

“Ruined a previously fabulous product”

OverallNone anymore it been ruined with poor redevelopment and customer service who do fix issues or errors. Most certainly not worth the subscription. I bought the license years ago and now I'm expected to repay yearly so its a con. Nothing now it has been ruined, it has problems with capital letters on addresses. All live invoices are mixed in with invoices that are dead completed. So u cant separate invoices that are completed.
ConsIt doesnt function very well. Feature less and customer support doesnt listen to feedback given. So many issues , product doesnt sync. You loose information very easily. And if support listened to feedback they would do so much better. Its awful now and am seeking a new product after being with them for over 10 years.
October 26, 2017
Arts and Crafts, Self-employed
November 20, 2018

“A great tool the Contractor, Self Employed, and the Traveling Workforce...”

OverallInvoice2go is effecient, practical, and can even be fun. I recommend this program for anyone who works for themselves and needs a quick and easy way to instantly provide professional, quality invoices for services rendered or when a receipt is necessary. It stores everything for you safely, and allows you to modify also. It's safe and secure so I have no issues of potentially having to deal with outside tampering of my created or new invoices. I can send them to my customers with ease and do it instantly.
ProsWhat appealed to me most about Invoice2go, was the different layouts and options they offer so I could customize the look of my invoices. It allowed me to personalise them for my customers.
ConsAt this point I can't think of anything worthy to complain about, overall this has been a very useful tool for me.
November 20, 2018
George S.
Business owner
December 4, 2018

“Helps keep you organized”

ProsYou can look back at jobs from a year or two ago and know exactly when they paid and when you did the job. helps you keep track of what people owe you. Invoice someone from your car quickly and help you get paid quicker.
ConsFees per year sometimes seem a little high, i wish you could just buy the app instead of pay yearly
December 4, 2018
Michael A.
IT and Logistic Manager
Information Technology and Services, 11-50 employees
July 25, 2018

“just an awesome system for the person who is self employed ”

Overalli do this software so easy to use and bill my clients and track my payments. Easy to use
Proseasy to use. easy to track and send invoices. easy to bill clients in a professional way. great interface.
Consthey could work on the creating invoices and it does tend to get a bit confusing at times. the customer list also needs a bit more ease of access
July 25, 2018
Roni Q.
December 12, 2017

“It is very helpful and easy to use”

ProsI like you are able to add custom logo and the clean simple format of it. It is easily to understand and get the job done
ConsThe only thing I can say I really did not like was the fact, that you are unable to change font, underline or bold. As well as size of font.
December 12, 2017
Kirstie S.
Consultant
Professional Training & Coaching, Self-employed
May 30, 2019

“Invoice Management Software that works.”

OverallLove it, makes invoicing quick and easy. I am glad I bought the paid version.
ProsI love the easy interface and how quick it is to load invoices and duplicate repeat invoices. Its great to track money outstanding and payments made. The cell phone app is useful for making off payments and sending reminders.
ConsI would love to be able to tag invoices according to project and generate reports that are tag specific. I also had a hassle where I merged clients with the same name by accident and haven't found and easy way to resolve that , so my report isn't 100% accurate.
May 30, 2019
kelsey h.
customer service agent
Apparel & Fashion, 11-50 employees
September 25, 2018

“I love Invoice2go!”

OverallOverall, I had a great experience with Invoice2go, I would definitely use it again.
ProsI love how easy it is to use. It sends invoices quickly and effortlessly. it's super user friendly.
ConsI have had a couple invoices vanish mysteriously.
September 25, 2018
Brenda S.
Controller
Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 51-200 employees
December 6, 2018

“Invoice2go”

ProsEase of use and being able to create and send invoices directly from my phone.
ConsLimited ability to customize fields and search function could be improved.
December 6, 2018
Brantley p.
Ownet
Facilities Services, 1-10 employees
September 25, 2019

“Over Priced Slow Processing Company!!”

Overallmixed hard to get support... Support says issues are fixed ans there not.
ProsClean formatted invoices. They use to be cheap. Not anymore. I will never reccomend them anymore!!
ConsOver priced sluggish responses. Load,Load more Load... Limbo land. Up you need to re start your device.
September 25, 2019
BARBARA E.
OFFICE MANAGER
Wireless, 1-10 employees
February 28, 2019

“INVOICE 2 GO”

ProsTHEY HAVE ALOT OF OPTIONS AND WAYS TO HANDLE CUSTOMERS
ConsTHEY DO NOT ALLOW FOR TRACKING INVENTORY, AND THAT IS A BIG THING FOR ME.
February 28, 2019
Windy P.
March 27, 2018

“"MEH" ”

ProsThe software is easy to use for people who are not a computer savvy. It is not difficult to go around the application without actually asking for customer support.
ConsNow here comes the hate part of this software. Invoices tend to go missing. Maybe it is just in my case but hey, can someone actually fix this software?
March 27, 2018
Larry B.
July 27, 2017

“Bad to worse”

ConsEverything, can't navigate smoothly, takes 2 to 3 moves to do what use to take one. Loses info and sometimes won't save files. I will be changing to a new app as soon as I can. It used to be good but after recent update, they lost over a dozen appointments costing me thousands and they didn't seem to care. Then after trying to move around or work in the new "updated" version is bad really bad unless you're a computer nerd.
July 27, 2017
Donncha M.
Sole trader
Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, Self-employed
November 22, 2016

“A mess waiting to happen, i promise you this product is pure shit......just wait till it loses data ”

OverallA joke.....a sick joke. It will destroy you i promise, it prints blank statements, re arranges your invoices, duplicates entries , slows to a standstill when downloading, loses complete entries all the while you can not trust this mess, and as for the Zendesk?????? please give me strength.
ProsEase of use
ConsLoses data
Recommendations to other buyersDo NoT Buy
November 22, 2016
karel S.
Consumer Electronics, 1-10 employees
October 17, 2018

“Starter plan not working”

OverallNot good
ProsThe software is easy to use and UX interface is ok. Looks nice
ConsI had starter plan and paid for the service. For my plan I can normally manage X invoices. If I went above I deleted old invoice; But since recent update the tool is not respecting the plan. I have only few invoices left but still cannot create a new one. I only need a simpel solution to issue invoices. Not to store or manage them. But even something simple as this is not working. Unacceptable for me for a paid service. I also raised two cases for their support but after two days no reply yet. I'm very upset about this. I had to find fast another solution. I would not recommend using this solution. Regards
October 17, 2018
Telecommunications, 10,001+ employees
April 5, 2018

“Simple invoicing app with some nice reports”

Pros- Clean intuïtive interface - On desktop AND mobile - Reports are well thought out - Paypal integration
ConsYou can't really go wrong with this app.
April 5, 2018
Eric W.
Realtor
Real Estate, 51-200 employees
September 17, 2018

“Great looking invoices easy to use”

ProsSuper easy to use and customers really like the easy payment options
ConsUsing stripe to receive payments can take longer than I like
September 17, 2018
Kenton K.
July 19, 2017

July 19, 2017
Marian C.
Construction, Self-employed
December 12, 2018

“Maximum disapointment”

OverallExtremely disapointing, tried to contact them several times always having an automated reply from a robot, there is NO customer service.
ProsThis is somehow good about making quotations, nothing else.
ConsDecided to give it a try as found it useful for quoting, I was never aware they can, and they took payments from my customers, on my behalf, without my agreement and without holding any bank or financial details about me or my business. Settings are completely wrong if you are non-US and it's a very complicated, time consuming and laborious process to put them right. Your quotes and invoices will have links to third parties, as well as promoting themselves instead of your business. Will send unnecessary and detrimental reminders to your customers. The template for when sending a quotation or invoice cannot be modified and saved, you'll have to edit the text every single time. Once my prescription runs out, which unfortunately is 1 year, will leave and never come back.
December 12, 2018
Neffi B.
Photographer
Photography, 1-10 employees
December 26, 2018

“Not worth the money AT ALL”

OverallMost of the features are available elsewhere for less. If you want to buy the service , purchase monthly. I purchased yearly and when I was fed up with the service I had 5 months left for my yearly renewal and was told I was not getting money back when I wanted to get a refund only 7 months in.
Prosit is easy to use, and its nice to be able to upload photos of receipts but quick books does that too for way less
ConsCustomer service is no good , and once you quit your service you can no longer access your old documents. it would be nice to be able to at least go back and re print a receipt for someone if they need. Especially if you used invoice to go for 5 years.
Malachy J.
Company director
October 10, 2018

“SHOCKING CUSTOMER SERVICE ”

OverallShocking poor disgusting customer service
ProsEasy to invoice but due not allow them or there payment company stripe anywhere near your money or your customers money
ConsThey take payments with no account details to put the money into from your customer. Never return calls , been awaiting refund for a month my customer still hasn't had the money back. They blame stripe and stripe blames them. They are acting in a very fraudulent way.
October 10, 2018
Mohamed M.
MD
Sports, 1-10 employees
February 14, 2019

“Excellent overall”

ProsIt is easy to use and create invoices and can share it with different platforms
Consvery limited and suitble for a small enterprises only
February 14, 2019
Jules M.
Farming, 1-10 employees
February 15, 2017

“I was looking for a simple and cost effective product, this was the first choice - but not very wise”

OverallI2GO is not a bad app, but it is way sooo slooowww, the design as in the 90's and UX confusing for a new user. I had first troubles to locate some features, also found some answers on the website after browsing through the entire FAQ site and also contacted the support - with no response. So I switched to another tool. * my question was somewhat answered with 2 weeks delay - that is unacceptable
ProsMaybe if you work with it for a longer time you get used to it but it's very confusing for a new user. The price is also quite high, much higher then other similar apps.
Consreally a lot of functions
February 15, 2017
Information Technology and Services, 1-10 employees
September 12, 2018

“Great for invoicing and receiving payments”

ProsWe really liked invoice to go and wanted to use it the interface is fast simple. And visually appealing. It's easy to use in the field, too quickly email invoices to clients.
ConsHowever, it's a little bit troublesome because it doesn't seem to integrate with other systems like quickbooks etc. So I tend to be more tailored for an owner-operator business and doesn't scale as well as other solution.
September 12, 2018
Vicky N.
December 6, 2016

“Excellent app that you can use for your business from anywhere”

OverallI've used invoice2go for the last few years and can't believe the difference it makes in invoicing. The app is so easy to use on my phone, iPad or computer.
ProsSimplicity, easy to use, great features
ConsTime it takes to load on website
December 6, 2016
Nicole M.
t
Marketing and Advertising, Self-employed
November 8, 2016

“Invoice2Go for small business”

OverallI originally used this software for our small business and found the invoicing very quick and easy but found it frustrating that it was limited when it came to gst options
ProsEase of use and simple layout of invoices
ConsLack of gst options to have inclusive of gst amounts
Recommendations to other buyersWould continue supporting this product of changes were looked at and the ability to interact with Xpenditure
November 8, 2016
Alex L.
October 4, 2016

“Overall great product”

OverallFor someone new to invoicing this software was simple to use from the off. Calendar is most used feature, send invoices from your phone is super option for small business
October 4, 2016
Kieron B.
January 5, 2017

“Simple and easy to use”

OverallEasy setup and straight forward. Good day to day tool for contractors working on site. Good record keeping
January 5, 2017
Nicole Y.
Daycare provider
Primary/Secondary Education, Self-employed

“Great time-saver!”

ProsI like having the ability to create my personal invoices and send them out all from one location.
ConsI would like more reminders on sending invoices and what balances I still have.
Nicole C.

Harvester
Farming, 501-1000 employees
January 21, 2019

“Great tool”

ProsIt's a perfect tool to use for invoices. No more going to the computer when I always have my phone.
ConsNothing. It worked just as I had hoped.
January 21, 2019
Tim M.
Operations Manager
Leisure, Travel & Tourism, 11-50 employees
Used the software for: I used a free trial
September 3, 2018

“Invoice on the go for free (ish)”

ProsEasy to use via and app on your phone, take photos of receipts and send them with invoices.
Cons1 Free invoice and then you have to pay
September 3, 2018
Leigh L.
Project Manager / Entrepreneur
Building Materials, 11-50 employees
October 26, 2018

“Invoice fo sho!”

OverallGreat for any size business.
ProsSo easy to use...anyone should be able to figure this out. How nice is it to be able to go and make an invoice without having to use excel? Love it.
ConsAbsolutely nothing. I think they blew it out of the park with this one.
October 26, 2018