Epocrates Ratings

Overall

About Epocrates

Medical PDA software with drug interactions, dosing, pricing, adverse reaction, Medicare Part D, pharmacology, and safety monitoring. Learn more about Epocrates

Tarek M.
tarekma071@gmail.com
September 15, 2017

“I am using epocrates Plus for many years in my daily rounds, on my clinic.It is of great help to me ”

OverallQuick and accurate information about any drugs Updates about any new drugs Drug interaction done at any time Search providers Full information about diseases Alternative medicines Identify Pilles Medical calculators which include many important tools Save a lot of time and effort to have any medical information Full lab guide that is needed to revise and check in my daily patient assessment You will get medical news updated on daily base Many additional useful tools as tables, guidelines, picture quiz, ICD-10 Differential diagnosis of common medical conditions The program is in continuous development with many good features added. You can even send your feedback to the company You can easily get health care insurance formularies for drug coverage information Revise any drug before prescription
ProsI have a good experience with the use of epocrates medical application. It has many features that are of great help for any physician You can get full information about any drug you need Continuous updates so that you don't miss any new medications or information Differential diagnosis of common medical conditions You can check for any drug interactions which will help you and save your time The built in calculator allows you to perform many calculations, such as BMI and GFR The epocrates plus subscription will help you to have full information about Diseases, alternative medications, lab guides and more clinical tools. I am using it since long time and i get all information i need in an easy and quick way Ina diition, there are many useful features as Pill identify, continuous updated medical news delivered directly to your device and search providers for consultants The program also includes health care insurance formularies which help you to get drug coverage information Start with the free version now and see how much it will help you. You can also try the plus version and test all its features. Then consider subscription to have a full medical reference
ConsOnly minor Cons can be found in this software To get many information you need internet connection Sometimes the update takes long time The epocrates plus app is relatively expensive
September 15, 2017
Medical Practice, 1-10 employees
August 29, 2018

“Great resource!”

OverallI have used Epocrates for at least 10 years. I use it multiple times every day to check doses, combination products, side effects and medication interactions. I find it extremely useful.
ProsCan access it from my phone in the exam room very easily. All my medical calculators are easily accessible. I also use it as my infectious disease resource- I can look up a infection and find the latest recommendations. The meds also include pill pictures which I have used to ask a patient to identify what strength med they are on or if it is scored. It also includes some herbal medications which is useful for checking medication interactions( you can put all your medications in a list and it will list all the interaction).
ConsThe cost is not cheap but it is worth it.
August 29, 2018
Medical Practice, 10,001+ employees
July 14, 2019

“This is a great resource for any medical practitioner ”

OverallExcellent and has really changed my medical practice
ProsThis software allows you to access thousands of drugs in a moment and then allows you to look up dosing, interactions, and common side effects to name a few main features. As a medical student, I find this essential to everyday use on the ward floor and in clinic. A must have.
ConsThere seriously aren't many things to put in this category, but honestly the worst thing is that it almost has too much information and can make accessing what you actually need a little bit hard.
July 14, 2019
August 9, 2018

“indispensable tool for all health practitioners”

OverallI use it almost every day. It is a very practical tool for my profession. It is not easy to remember so many things in detail.
ProsThe possibility of taking it on your cell phone, tablet to the patient's bedside. Extensive data base of drugs, and its application of verification of interaction is very useful for the indication of medicines of infrequent use
ConsAs a disadvantage only the unavailability in another language such as Spanish. It would improve the signaling on the web page to log in, it is not easy to visualize.
August 9, 2018
Nicole W.
Nursing Faculty
Higher Education, 1001-5000 employees
January 23, 2019

“My go to medication app”

ProsI started using this app in grad school and have continued using this in my current practice. Love that I can easily pull up the app and check medication dosing or medication interactions. Also love the pregnancy/lactation function on the app. Love that I can search by diagnosis and it gives me treatment guidelines
ConsI don't have anything bad to say about this software. I can't imagine seeing patients without having this app if needed
January 23, 2019
Carrie K.
Cardiovascular Research Supervisor
Hospital & Health Care, 5001-10,000 employees
February 21, 2019

“I love Epocrates!”

ProsYou can find any health related information in Epocrates. I use it primarily for medications, dosages, side effects etc. They keep it up to date with all the latest information. A wonderful reference. I've been using it for over 17 years! Started on a Palm Pilot, now use it with my smart phone!
ConsI can't think of anything I don't like about Epocrates!
February 21, 2019
Piotr K.
Medical Student
Higher Education, Unspecified
July 23, 2018

“A daily companion on the wards”

OverallExtremely useful pocket guide that allows me to check up on drugs, their interactions and warnings. There is more built-in functionality that will really make your life easier.
ProsEpocrates allows me to quickly pull up all the drug information I need within seconds - and it's right at my finger tips. Like others have mentioned, the app is updated very regularly to make sure you're getting the correct information. It's super valuable for anyone in medical practice!
ConsThe price point for the full application can be a little steep - you have to weigh in whether the extra functionality is something you'd benefit from. I would love the option to download information for offline use as well.
July 23, 2018
July 14, 2018

“Excellent app that allows quick and practical reviews about drugs of infrequent use and others.”

ProsEasy to use. Very complete database. Available in a format that you can take to the patient's bedside. Allows use by specialty.
ConsI would only ask that it be available in Spanish. I can also add, that I had problems accessing my account from the mobile, because I did not accept the password. I had to delete and download the application again.
July 14, 2018
Lawrence M.
January 28, 2018

“ Use daily to check medication doses, indications, interactions, side effects ”

Pros Comprehensive yet concise reference accessible at the point of care. I can get virtually all the information I need about pharmacology, indications, contraindications, dosing, side effects, met interactions from this single resource.
Cons Consistently have to click three or four times to get the home search screen. The search all meds screen should be the default
January 28, 2018
Ralph i L.
Medical Practice, 1-10 employees
September 25, 2018

“It's a good overall view ”

OverallI use it daily for my practice. Very inclusive
ProsIt has all the information on a drug in one location. If I know the drug I want its filled with information about it. Side effects are also covered and dosage ...both for kids and adults. If I want to know about diseases it is covered
ConsIt can be hard to from Pharmceutical name to Generic
September 25, 2018
Whitney H.
E-Learning, 51-200 employees
May 6, 2019

“Epocrates Review”

ProsThis product is great for looking up drug information questions. I use the free version on my phone at work quite often. It's an awesome product for those who cannot afford to pay for products like Clinical Pharmacology or Micromedex. The app covers all of the basic information that you may need to know about a medication such as proper dosing, drug interactions, black box warnings, and pill identification.
ConsThe only problem with this product is that it is not always up to date with the most current drug information. This has been a complaint of others that I work with, however I myself have not experienced this problem.
May 6, 2019
Medical Practice, 51-200 employees
May 15, 2018

“Essential to my daily practice of medicine.”

OverallKeeps me up to date on medications
ProsEasy to use. I've been using it for the past 15 years. Updates all the time. Excellent resource for anyone in a medical practice.
ConsSome features not available unless you pay for a subscription. Very useful otherwise. Would pay for it if they gave a discount to providers.
May 15, 2018
Tahseen K.
Resident Physician
Hospital & Health Care, 10,001+ employees
October 1, 2019

“Epocrates is a Physician's Savior”

ProsI use this program daily for those moments I need to know dosages quickly. As a Pediatrician, many sources do not have accurate information. I can trust this program.
ConsThe updates take a while and catch me by surprise since I cannot use the app without updating.
October 1, 2019
Aaron C.
Registered Nurse
Hospital & Health Care, 51-200 employees
October 3, 2018

“Epocrates is a great reference application!”

ProsThis app is awesome for anyone who is in the medical field or learning about medicine. It is great and works as an application so it can be on your phone and always with you. It takes no time at all to pull it out look up what you need whether it be medical questions or pharmacological questions and then bam you got your answer.
ConsThe application at times can feel a little clunky and i wouldn't recommend following it to a "t" just in case there is data that may potentially be wrong. I have had the app crash a couple times when searching but i'm not sure if its my phone or the app itself.
October 3, 2018
Yohan Andrés M.
Medicine Student
Medical Practice, 1001-5000 employees
June 16, 2018

“Easy tool from the doctor to the patient ”

OverallInformation, and I think is the best benefit I get from this software, is the best in the medical area.
ProsI'm a med student, currently I spend most of them time at hospital and when I need specific information this app is the best of all, the search mode is easier than you think and the patient can get total access and help to understand about medications, illness, symptoms and more, this is the best medical app I know.
ConsSome features are not available if you don't get a subscription, but I also think it worth you get the subscription, generally I don't have any complain about this app.
June 16, 2018
Hospital & Health Care, Unspecified
April 30, 2018

“Perfect for nurses, easy access to all the information you need! ”

OverallIt's like having your drug "pocket guide" with you but only having to carry your phone around instead of a heavy book that is never actually pocket-sized. I've even shown the app to some patients, in case they are worried about drug side effects or interactions with how many medications they take.
ProsI'm normally not looking to sift through tons of information to get the little piece I'm looking for. This software is perfect for that, I normally don't have to search too hard to find appropriate drug dosages, drug interactions etc. The app is also really easy to use, I know nurses of all ages who use this. I was recommended it by a nurse who had been working for a long time and it's a great tool.
ConsThe paid app is really expensive. Other than that, I think its a must have for new or established nurses.
April 30, 2018
Christine D.
January 5, 2017

“The gold standard for medication information”

OverallI have used this since it was first launched in the early 1990s, on a Palm Pilot. Over the years, they have made progressive upgrades, both as technology has changed and to meet user requests/needs. The periodic short pieces about recent research, the picture quiz poll, FDA alerts, etc. are very helpful, but do not interfere with your ability to get to the necessary content. They have finally added the class of drug in the individual monographs -- it now shows up under the main monograph header and under the Pharmacology section.
ProsEasy to use, regular updates (new medications, new indications, new alerts)
ConsNothing -- they have resolved the issues I used to complain about (mostly, it was that you had to be at the desktop to update)
January 5, 2017
Health, Wellness and Fitness, 51-200 employees
April 12, 2019

“Epocrates Review”

ProsI like that I am able to easily look up drug information and dosing, and there are calculators to determine child dosing as well. It is an easy to navigate app and webpage and has information that is based on scientific reviews. There is also a drug interaction monitor that will tell you if different drugs interact.
ConsI don't have many dislikes for this application and website. I should say that I don't feel like the paid version is much different than the free version for what they offer and what I use most on the application.
April 12, 2019
Aaron M.
PHARMACIST
Pharmaceuticals, 1001-5000 employees
June 8, 2019

“Fantastic resource for quick information ”

OverallVery happy with the app. It is a great resource for health professionals to look up information quickly.
ProsEasy to use and even the free version contains a lot of information regarding dosing, side effects, and other clinical pearls for medications.
ConsApp on my phone sometimes glitches and am unable to look up new drugs without force quitting.
June 8, 2019
September 22, 2018

“has all the information i need!”

Prosi love how i can easily find any of the information that i am looking for using epocrates! so easy to navigate!
Consi didnt dislike anything about this software!
September 22, 2018
Alejandra G.
Odontologo
June 20, 2018

“A practical way for professionals to find medicines on their cell phone or computer”

OverallIt has been useful to me during the dental visit because it is an easy way to find the medications that I must prescribe to my patients.
ProsEach one of the topics that it presents allows health professionals to know in detail everything related to a medicine and the possible interactions with others; In addition to knowing which medications are specific for a particular pathology.
ConsIf I have to say something I do not like, I will only talk about the color of the page, because it should have more neutral colors so that it does not distract the professional's view.
June 20, 2018
danielle e.
School nurse
Hospital & Health Care, 201-500 employees
April 30, 2019

“Great resource!”

OverallAn amazing resource for clinical information that can save you from making errors in your practice because it makes it so easy to double check yourself.
ProsI love Epocrates, there are so many great features and I have absolute confidence using it to get information as an advanced practice nursing student and in my current position as a staff RN, because I know it has the most up to date information.
ConsThe only downside is the cost is a bit high and even with that there are still ads to deal with.
April 30, 2019
July 20, 2018

“Epocrates is very helpful in medical practice. It enabled me have access to quick references. ”

ProsI like the easy access to drug indications, interactions, dosages. I also enjoyed the articles that come in as well.
ConsJust some bugs that make pages take so long to load. Also i would prefer if there was a way to stream line the kind of articles one recieves on the app.
July 20, 2018
Jonathan R.
Medical Student
Higher Education, 51-200 employees
August 25, 2019

“Fantastic and convenient resource ”

ProsGreat compilation of resources that are easy to access. I have loved using this program in my medical schooling, especially in clinical settings. I love that there is a mobile/tablet app that allows me to carry almost unlimited resources in the pocket of my white coat as I work in the hospitals.
ConsSome of the features do cost extra, and it can be a bit pricey especially for medical students/residents, but it is worth the extra money to have this full resource at your disposal.
August 25, 2019
Hospital & Health Care, 201-500 employees
August 8, 2019

“Great resource for healthcare workers”

ProsI like that it is a simple app, easy to search and find what you are looking for. Great to have all of that in your back pocket and easier than looking up drugs in a huge textbook and not always finding what you're looking for.
ConsI found that sometimes it didn't have exactly the answers I was looking for but still use it regularly because its so easy.
August 8, 2019
July 16, 2019

“Invaluable”

OverallI don't know where I'd be without Epocrates. I use it every day
ProsEpocrates is an invaluable app for dosing and other pharmacology questions
ConsSometimes, its slow to load, and freezes
July 16, 2019
Rachael M.
Resident Physician
Medical Practice, 5001-10,000 employees
June 20, 2019

“Helpful Clinical Resource”

Pros-provides reviews in medical topics written by experts in the field with references -most articles use bullet point format when compared to Up To Date which is usually in a more narrative format (can be a little bit easier to read when you do not have a lot of time) -comes in app and website format depending on where you primarily access it from
Cons-the service is not free (I get access through the institution that I work for) but I have heard it is expensive if you want to purchase for yourself
June 20, 2019
Tiffany W.
June 26, 2018

“Great reference software! Easy to use, up to date information! ”

OverallI get up to date information about drugs, prescribing instructions, cost estimates.
ProsI like that it's readily available, current includes relevant information including cost estimates. I also like that it's integrated into my EMR.
ConsNo cons that I can think of. It really is an all inclusive, very comprehensively designed program. If anything, the paid options could be less expensive.
June 26, 2018
Jonathan D.
Podiatrist
Medical Practice, 201-500 employees
September 1, 2019

“Helpful For Medication References ”

ProsI use this often, roughly every week. My primary use is for looking up medication doses and reading up on new medical material. I find it quite easy to search for medicines because of this device.
ConsAlthough I know updates are necessary, I feel like there is an update very frequently that takes time to download.
September 1, 2019
Cris L.
healthcare
May 14, 2018

“fast and easy way of looking up relevant medical information”

Prosthe search option is great. search "kidney stone" and it pops up guidelines, conditions, drugs. it's a great way to look up something in a pinch
Consthe interface is lacking. I don't like how it makes you hit an "e" button to go back. a lot of the content is locked unless you pay a large fee which I'm not sure is worth the money
May 14, 2018
October 10, 2017

“Great App”

ProsThis software is excellent. It gives you all the necessary information right in the app about any drug that you need. So easy to use and fast.
ConsThere really aren't any cons. One feature I would like to see would to be able search for drugs based on their looks. Sometimes patients can recognize pills when they don't know the drug name.
October 10, 2017
Linda R.
Pharmaceuticals, Self-employed
December 26, 2018

“Epocrates”

OverallThis program is a very good guide to medications that are available to treat symptoms.
ProsI love how I can look up medications and get dosing and interactions very easily.
ConsI really can not think of anything that I do not like about this program. It is very easy to use!
December 26, 2018
Emily S.
APN
April 2, 2018

“Awesome pocket tool for the practitioner.”

ProsI love being able to easily calculate drug dosages, identify what labs to draw, and come up with a list of differential diagnosis quickly.
ConsIt would be nice if the cost was not so high, as it can be pricey if your employer does not cover it for practice.
April 2, 2018
Hannah K.
Pharmaceuticals, Self-employed
February 26, 2019

“Great for pharmacy students and pharmacists”

ProsYou are able to use it offline. If you do not have service in a pharmacy, you are still able to use the app to look up drugs.
ConsIt does not have as much information as lexicomp or other databases
February 26, 2019
Nam N.
Physician Assistant
Medical Practice, 1001-5000 employees
July 24, 2019

“This software has change the way i treat patient”

ProsThis is an excellent source for all medical providers. It will show you the correct dosing for all medications
ConsThere are some medications that were not in this software
July 24, 2019
Jarred J.
LPN II
Hospital & Health Care, 11-50 employees
September 27, 2019

“Very useful tool for anyone in the medical field.”

OverallVery useful in my line of work. I recommend to all my colleagues.
ProsIt is like having a medical encyclopedia in your pocket that only takes a few seconds to find what you're looking for.
ConsThe only thing I dislike about this software is that it isn't free, but for the price you can't ask for a better one.
September 27, 2019
Lisa P.
Nurse practitioner
Medical Practice, 11-50 employees
July 2, 2019

“be careful. Money was debit from my account and they cancelled my prescription ”

OverallNo live person to resolve disputes. Took money out of my account and I did not receive the product.
ProsUse is nice but I did not get product. I paid for it, money was taken from my account, but NO product.
ConsMoney was taken from my account by direct debit and I did not get the product. No live person to talk to.
July 2, 2019
Frank S.
RN
February 23, 2019

“Fast and Focused ”

OverallQuick reference. Usually current. Easy to navigate.
ProsEasy to navigate frequent updates keeps it current.
ConsNone at this time. I have been a user for years.
February 23, 2019
Bryce D.
Pharmacy Intern
Pharmaceuticals, 1-10 employees
January 24, 2019

“Epocrates is a great go-to resource”

ProsI like that i can quickly answer patient questions on medications with this app right on my phone!
ConsThis app could be designed with a better color layout.
January 24, 2019
Brian M.
Health, Wellness and Fitness, 1-10 employees
October 6, 2019

“Epocrates”

OverallEasy to use and a great help
ProsEase and quick reference for busy physician
ConsNo hyperlinks to more detailed information
October 6, 2019
Sarah O.
MD
Medical Practice, Self-employed
March 13, 2019

“It's ok”

ProsI like that it is easy to use and I can quickly remind myself of the strengths a given medication comes in.
ConsThe interaction checker is vague and overinclusive, and also misses big interactions. For example, it flags Zoloft and Adderall but not Lamictal and Depakote.
March 13, 2019
Waleed A.
Doctor
Hospital & Health Care, 5001-10,000 employees
August 19, 2018

“A wonderful tool if there was no medscape”

OverallI always have it in my cell but i rarely need it since i have it's big brother too.
ProsIt has some of the most basic tools and data that doctors need. For example it has drug interaction checker, it also has infomration about drugs available for free and some medical calculators. It has FREE app availalbe for mobile devices. I have never seen any ads so it is completley free in that sense, compared to medscape which does show some ads.
ConsThe tools and resources are tooo limited compared to medscape. In fact it appears like a light version of medscape which is also available for free.
August 19, 2018
Pharmaceuticals, 51-200 employees
October 23, 2018

“Good for Quick Reference on Basic Information”

ProsI currently have the free version of Epocrates. The app is generally good for finding out the indications for a drug and other basic information.
ConsThe free version does not have any type of drug interaction checker or pill identifier, which would be helpful. I also don't like how every time I open the app, a series of short article links pops up in front of the main menu and I have to exit out of that first to get to what I want to see.
October 23, 2018
Leslie M.
CRNP
Medical Practice, 10,001+ employees
September 20, 2019

“epocrates review”

OverallI love the free version and it is helpful in safely prescribing medications. I had the full version in the past, but was too expensive to keep up.
ProsUp to date information about medications- helps to prescribe.
ConsThe full version is very expensive and needs to be paid yearly.
September 20, 2019
Tim L.
Physician Assistant
July 22, 2019

“Quick Drug Info”

ProsI like that you can look for interactions. You can also reference dosings.
ConsThere are too many updates. If they had a better way to batch the updates. Also, the news notifications are a lot.
July 22, 2019
Hospital & Health Care, Self-employed
Used the software for: I used a free trial
December 15, 2018

“Epocrates”

ProsIt is a great resource for the medical field. The free version has some picture quizes that are helpful in increasing your knowledge base.
ConsCost is a big barrier. If you can get your employer to pay for your subscription that is the ideal situation.
December 15, 2018
July 1, 2019

“Not the best”

ProsI like that you can look up medication related questions on this
ConsI would prefer using uptodate because I think it is more used and updated and user friendly.
July 1, 2019
Lyn K.
Healthcare Professional
October 3, 2019

“Useful tool for quick access to medical information”

OverallOverall it's a handy app that offers multiple functions besides just being a drug reference.
ProsThis application would be useful for clinicians who need frequent access to drug information to prescribe medications. The ability to work offline is a major advantage too.
ConsOnly the professional version has additional information and decision support tools such as reference lab values, infectious disease info, and disease information.
October 3, 2019
Grace F.
E-Learning, 501-1000 employees
October 22, 2018

“Epocrates”

ProsWe use this as a reference for pharmacy school, I find the app easy to use and like the design layout
ConsThe app is hard to maneuver - makes using the software while in an environment that is not connected to internet
October 22, 2018
Shannon G.
October 17, 2016

“Easy to use, perfect for fast drug information”

OverallEpocrates is so easy to use and very helpful when needing fast and reliable information about a drug or disease state. A big time saver and the application is simple to use- definitely recommend it as the most convenient resource for quick drug/disease information.
October 17, 2016