Shiftboard Ratings

Overall

About Shiftboard

Shiftboard is the leading provider of workforce scheduling software. Built around the hourly workforce, where scheduling, real-time communication, and change management are at the core of day-to-day operations, Shiftboard helps organizations transform their business through automation. Thousands of customers choose Shiftboard to optimize complex workforce operations, resulting in lower labor costs, increased worker productivity, and decreased employee turnover. Learn more about Shiftboard

Ashley D.
Event Manager
Hospitality, 51-200 employees
November 19, 2018

“Decent Functionality”

OverallThe software was just what I was looking for in that it lets my staff opt in to events. The tech support is friendly and fast but doesn't always have a definitive answer for you. The mobile app turned out to be a great bonus though I wish it had more of the features available for the desktop version. Overall, I'm very happy with the software and would purchase again in a heartbeat.
ProsThis is the only scheduling software I've found that lets employees opt into a shift instead of filling out their availability every week. I work in a catering business so we don't have consistent work for our servers. They all have school or other jobs to work around their schedule with us. Some of them only work with us twice a month so asking them to keep an updated calendar of their availability is unrealistic. This software lets me post all the shifts and have servers sign up for the ones they want. It's very helpful. Shiftboard does also have the ability to let staff fill in availability and have management work off that, however. I also appreciate that I can include notes about the shift and addresses for when we do offsites. The software also lets me divide servers into teams so that they see only the shifts they are eligible for.
ConsIt's not the most aesthetically pleasing site and takes a while to adjust to the layout, but once you get used to it, it's fine. The biggest issues I find is that you can't export your sign up lists. When I have 40 events in a month, I'd like to print out a list of who signed up for what and work from there, but I have to go shift by shift, typing the results in an Excel sheet instead. Also, there isn't a way to track who did what change in the system. When I've had issues in the past that may have been from a software glitch, they can't give me an answer as to who changed what and when.
November 19, 2018
Music, 501-1000 employees
July 30, 2019

“Shifts and rotas without the drama!”

OverallOverall, we have found Shiftboard to be an incredibly good fit for our non-standard shift scheduling; online rotas are praised by our users for easy access when on-the-move, we find reporting through the exporting of CSV files useful, and it has allowed us to get rid of older overlapping systems that we previously used for shift tracking.
ProsShiftboard allows our casual staff members access to shifts via an online portal, which is especially useful as these staff are very rarely in building (unless on-shift). Users report that it is helpful to be able to access shift scheduling through a web browser On the rare occasion we have needed to contact support they have been very responsive and have answered our queries, and we have found it incredibly useful to be able to pull data out via CSV file for input into other systems that we run (although reporting could be further improved upon). Adding information that lives in other systems to casual staff individual user profiles means we have been able to decommission several systems that have previously been used to handle staff shifts for our employees. Users can be added to teams and groups to make administration easier.
ConsFrom a user's perspective based on feedback we've had, the web-based UI isn't the most intuitive or clean-looking - I'm not sure how it fares compared to competitor systems but it could do with updating to a more modern look which would improve usability. Another point raised when receiving feedback from users was that it can seem a bit of a steep learning curve for new staff, but we have started to provide documentation and training for internal use so this is no longer an issue for us.
July 30, 2019
Rick A.
Swim Coach and Shiftboard Administrator
Health, Wellness and Fitness, 201-500 employees
November 8, 2016

“Review from Woodson YMCA”

OverallI can't speak enough about Shiftboard and the amount of time and energy that the software has saved myself and other managers. I have no qualms about promoting the product to other departments and facilities.
ProsI love how the product is able to track certifications. The trade board function has saves me a lot of time and energy. The document function and linking of certification to profile type has also saves time and paper. I really like that I can now create a schedule and not publish it until I am finished. Schedules we create are often in motion until publication. I like that staff are no longer receiving messages until the schedule is completed.
ConsTo send a message to team members I can either send to 1 or broadcast to all. It would be nice if there was the ability do a check box of multiple members to whom the message could be sent. That way those who we know are neither available or in need of the information will get the message.
Recommendations to other buyersThe facility was in the process of seeking a payroll software. Shiftboard was considered, but due to an inability to track PTO was not chosen. If this option was available Shiftboard would more than likely have been the choice, because we already use the software in the facility.
Music, 201-500 employees
April 16, 2018

“Online rotas made easy”

OverallAllows us to easily rota 500+ staff members
ProsProducing rotas/schedules for 500+ staff members across multiple teams is no easy challenge. Especially with complex rules and specifications for each of those teams, so the fact that shiftboard even comes close to achieving these results is impressive. The software is simple and easy to use, particularly for the end users who'll probably appreciate this more than the management who need to implement it. Has been running for around 5 years now with no significant issues in that time, so again really impressive.
ConsThe reporting can be a little clunky and that's really the only thing that lets this down. Having said that, support staff are very receptive and willing to work with you to produce something bespoke, but feel like this is the one area that could be improved upon to make this truly fantastic.
April 16, 2018
Events Services, 11-50 employees
February 6, 2019

“Shiftboard is a powerful, albeit clunky, tool for scheduling staff and volunteers”

OverallA couple of the events I currently work on used to use Shiftboard to schedule and communicate with large volunteer groups. While it definitely accomplished all the tasks we needed, the interface is dated and there are better tools available for less money.
ProsShiftboard is a feature-heavy scheduling tool that, in the right hands, can streamline scheduling and staffing processes immensely for managers. Feature highlights include: - Bulk adding tools allow managers to work with large groups of staff at once if need be - Flexible reporting tools that allow you to easily manipulate data (their reports are the feature I miss most) - Customer service team is receptive to changes and helpful in troubleshooting issues - Shift swapping and empty shift features allows staff to easily manage their own schedules
ConsMy biggest complaint about Shiftboard when it was our primary scheduling software was that it felt clunky and dated. - Price point is a good bit higher than competing systems - Steep learning curve for new users - easy to be overwhelmed by features and a crowded dashboard - Can be slow and/or cumbersome to accomplish repetitive tasks. - Interface is dated and looks like it's out of the mid-2000s
February 6, 2019
Education Management, 51-200 employees
February 16, 2018

“Shiftboard has a steep learning curve, but is an incredibly powerful tool”

OverallSignificant reduction in overlapping systems. One-stop-shop for lots of scheduling/program needs. A simple way to remind staff of their shifts and inform them of changes.
ProsIt has eliminated many other systems and brought them into one place. It can handle the customization that we need as we operate a less-than-normal staffing system (some seasonal staff, some permanent; some overlapping shifts, some week-long programs, etc.). The team at Shiftboard has been very responsive to our requests and needs, which is very important. Given time, I'm optimistic that its reporting abilities will be very useful for anticipating and hiring for future needs. Coming from a world of dozens of complex, non-communicating spreadsheets, it's great to have everything in one place!
ConsIt has a steep learning curve, so be prepared to practice, experiment, and be trained. They also have not yet implemented shift-linking, so my week-long programs all staffed by the same person can't be treated as one connected system. This means that bulk changes are difficult if we've noticed an issue, and it means that the initial shift setup is quite time consuming. I wish that the month-long view could be customized to give me more of the information I want, or that we could view data for a 2-week stretch. It's hard to get a birds-eye view of our programming with the systems they have in place. I'll add that we're relatively new to Shiftboard, and working out the kinks is a part of the process.
February 16, 2018
Law Practice, 11-50 employees
October 20, 2017

“Shiftboard transformed our organization's personnel scheduling system!”

OverallEase of scheduling staff, ease of signing up for shifts by employees, organization of shift calendar that is accessible to all employees
ProsOnce you have a chance to work with it, it makes staffing a breeze. The customer service is fantastic and receptive to all questions. Our multi-generational personnel can all participate in the scheduling process, and different positions have access to different levels of involvement within that process. Prior to the adoption of Shiftboard for our organization, we used pen and paper to have over 100 employees sign up for various shifts. If pencil was used, staff would sometimes erase someone's shift and sign up in their place. It was a mess. Now everyone can plan their schedules from the comfort of their own home.
October 12, 2017

“A near perfect site for coordinating shifts and people”

OverallA flawless solution for matching volunteers to gigs! I can count on Shiftboard to work everytime, to sign up for shifts, remind me of shifts, give me credit for the shifts I've completed, and to cancel when I have to.
ProsIn my experience, it is the best software for letting people sign up for shifts and for the venue to reach out for volunteers. I have been using it as a volunteer for about three years and have never encountered a glitch. It is extremely versatile and robust. It's easy to assign people to different teams and levels (regular team and gold team for VIP volunteers, for example).
ConsIf I have to answer what I like least, I'd say it's that there is a bit of learning curve to discover all of the features it makes possible. But that's mostly because it will do so much more than the basic.
Joe R.
Director of Temp Services
Hospitality, 501-1000 employees
August 30, 2016

“Shiftboard makes scheduling easy”

OverallIn event staffing things change quickly and having a scheduling software that was easy to use was a must. Most solutions in the scheduling space to not compare to Shiftboard on the ability to change time/location/uniform/client/event details all from your phone. Currently I manage a staff list of over 500 and I could not it without Shiftboard.
ProsStraightforward -- Even though there are help FAQs and videos, they are not needed, the interface is self explanatory. Reporting -- They will customize reports for you but the basic reports export to PDF or Excel for easy editing. Cost -- Only billing on actually scheduled versus active makes this perfect for companies with seasonal schedules
ConsA little cleaning up of the interface and some "right click" improvements would be welcome
Recommendations to other buyersIf you schedule people at different locations I would gladly recommend it.
August 30, 2016
Alexander O.
Director Of Security
Security and Investigations, 10,001+ employees
November 2, 2018

“Adequate, but has room for improvement.”

OverallOverall, it is a passable scheduling tool. Having worked with Deputy previously, I am finding the overall user experience somewhat disappointing. Since the program is not integrating with our payroll system at this time, I am reviewing it solely on the grounds of it's use as a tool for communicating schedules to my staff, and keeping track of who I have working. In this respect it is just adequate. If changes to shift dates/times/employees are made on short notice, the available schedule visualizations and inelegant user interface make it more frustrating and time consuming to change or delete a shift than it is worth, and the lack of an effective visual representation of the schedule from the employee side means it isn't used as often as I'd like. I often end up using text messages and email to communicate changes instead. Their willingness to work with my company's billing (Net 60) is greatly appreciated, and this flexibility should be a major selling point for larger organizations.
Pros- Cost effective. - Shiftboard accounts receivable is willing to work with you on billing times. - Good array of features and tools. - Very good features for bulk assignments and automated help generating a schedule. (Good for large organizations or new sites needing a schedule generated.)
Cons- Visualizations available for the calendar leave something to be desired. - Interface and controls are not the most user friendly I've seen. - Help documentation and live customer assistance is disappointing or non-existent. - Glitches and uncooperative UI elements have occurred more often than I'm used to.
November 2, 2018
Christa M.
Site Director
Entertainment, 1001-5000 employees
October 16, 2017

“I use the program to manage hundreds of employees”

OverallThe catalog of all of the past and present employees. There are many people over the 12 years of my management that I have lost track of but this tool helps to jog my memory and helps my team keep track of why or why not we want to have them back. We are an employer that employs most of our team for only 2 months a year, so this type of management is crucial for us.
ProsI like the ability to look up my employees easily, check their teams and the profile piece is very thorough.
Cons**When I can't copy and paste a name in the search field.** When I make a mistake in the name and have to delete it and the search field kicks me out and I have to click on it again to type in the name. This doesn't seem like a big problem, but when you are dealing with hundreds of people, it is an annoyance on the regular.
Rowillie R.
Library Services Assistant V
Libraries, 1001-5000 employees
October 12, 2017

“Shiftboard has made scheduling and timecard keeping so much easier for my team.”

OverallEase of scheduling for me as the hiring supervisor and for my staff to schedule themselves within the parameters our department sets.
Pros-The ease of scheduling and duplicating set schedules -Being able to tracker my staff's hours -Posting empty shifts for staff to pick up when they have sporadic availability -Ease of trading shifts
ConsThe UI changed sometime ago where in the weekly view that day's shifts aren't differentiated from the rest of the week. So if I wanted to see the full week schedule but also wanted to focus on the current day's shifts without going through the steps of filtering it, I no longer have that function. Also the color scheme is sometimes hard on the eyes.
Robert M.
Food & Beverages, 201-500 employees
August 27, 2016

“Major Advantage”

OverallI have used Shiftboard for 3 years and it has transformed my business. We are able to give staff the luxury of choosing their own shifts. When anyone asks what time is this or that. I can simply point them to shiftboard. This has helped me retain people, keep people happy and recruit better people. Before shiftboard we struggled to keep everyone up to date on late news and updates. Shiftboard allows me to categorize our teams and make specific announcements to them. I can also run reports, send texts and so much more.
ProsFlexibility, customization
ConsHaving to email support to make changes to my "on boarding" page.
Recommendations to other buyersThere is a lot of competition in this space. I will tell you I have researched almost all of the others. Shiftboard was the best value, most comprehensive system I found and it ACTUALLY WORKS.
August 27, 2016
Lowanda B.
Transportation Director
Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 501-1000 employees
June 4, 2019

“Pupil Transportation”

OverallIn pupil transportation, for drivers to accept and decline trips was manually done and shift board solved the problem. Making the hours even across the driver's pool was also difficult and shift board solved that problem. The system is great for transportation because of all of the features it has. The customer service has also improved a great deal since we have had the service. I would like the clock-in/ out and reports feature to improve. The great thing is we were still able to use the timeclock feature.
ProsThe shifts are easy to add and assign. It also calculates the total of hours.
ConsThe decline does not change colors. The clock in and out feature calculations can be confusing instead of being very simple.
June 4, 2019
M M.
COO

“Decent”

OverallWe are kind of stuck with it because our employees are all learning to use it but we still have to do a lot more communication with them because SB is not user friendly. We are also constantly reaching out for support because your support team can only do one thing at a time. We can't cover multiple issues with one person or call
ProsIt eventually does what we need it to do.
ConsNot very user friendly. To cater it to our needs we have to keep creating different teams or groups and it takes a lot of time since we have 300 employees that all fit into several different groups. The texting feature is too expensive and what was told to me in the beginning is not what is being charged
Richard D.
Photographer
Photography, 11-50 employees
October 12, 2017

“Decent software to use; could use some improvements.”

OverallIt does allow me to keep a calendar of my photography schedule for Victory Views, usually in an easy to use fashion.
ProsOverall, it is fairly easy to use, once you get it set up. It it usually quick to update in most cases.
ConsIt is confusing sometimes, especially when I add want to add new schools to make appointments for. I have filters of some sort set up, with a list of schools that I somehow set up some time ago. If I am offered a game to shoot photos at, for a team I do not have in that list, I always forget that I need to add that team to the list in my filter so I can see the schedule. It's not easy to see where you need to add it...you add it in "People." Because I don't update that list of schools, I usually forget to do so when a new school appears. Also, there does seem to be some sort of a bug when I download the schedule to my Outlook calendar. It's kind of hard to describe what I see, but, basically, the problem is is that the calendar does not download.
Gregory H.
Guest Services Dispatcher
October 12, 2017

“Very easy to use. Nice system”

OverallHaving everything time stamped so there is no more he said/she said.
ProsShiftboard is so easy to set up shifts and change them is necessary as the need arises. This makes scheduling a breeze.
ConsWish is had a location exclusion feature so that if there was one location I did not want to schedule for but needed to see all the others it would make my job even simpler. Also it would be nice to see a sort done by length of shifts so that scheduling would not violate any union rules. It is a little clunky to be toggling between locations to find the longest hours for staff when I have couple of hundred shifts to fill.
Harry M.
Theatre lighting
Entertainment, 11-50 employees
September 19, 2018

“Web based scheduling calendar”

OverallVast improvement over our old system. And I like that different supervisors can change things.
ProsI like the fact there are multiple platforms to view the program. I can easily check to see when my next shift is from many places. And my supervisor can schedule me and I can schedule myself. It's easily user definable.
ConsThe filters and views don't save. I have to re-filter every time I open the program. I wish the color scheme could be changed. We have a green/red colorblind person who has trouble reading sometimes.
September 19, 2018
Food & Beverages, 1001-5000 employees
February 19, 2018

“Conveniently Simple”

ProsI like the fact that paper is obsolete, people have the information exactly when they need and can request time off from their kitchen table, when their are with their families and don't have to wait until the Human Resource Office opens on Monday Morning.
ConsI wish I would integrate with a physical time clock that we use at our particular site. I wish it had a dialer function. That would call people with their schedule and record whether the person actually picked up or if it went to voicemail.
February 19, 2018
Letty G.
Bilingual Team Lead
October 16, 2017

“Shift Board is a great program for shifts. The ease to access, change and add are very user-friendly”

ProsMy favorite thing about Shift Board is that it is very user-friendly. Figuring out the different reports and how to's is significantly easy. The necessary steps are easily identifiable. Thank you!
ConsThe picking of shifts could be made easier by being able to select perhaps, all the desired shifts for a day at a time instead of a shift at a time. It would be nice to be able to breakdown shifts into smaller slots automatically when returned to available status to facilitate the pick-up of the same.
Chris E.
Watch Commander

“Fantastic Software!”

ProsI like the various search perimeters for report running. This is a great user friendly system that's easy to teach.
ConsThe Salesforce.com customer base is predominantly B2B. The CRM software is not nearly as well oriented to the B2C industry.Surprisingly, Salesforce.com generally doesnt provide a Service Level Agreement (SLA) for its cloud service unless the customer requests and negotiates it. Even then, SLAs are inconsistent from customer to customer and fall below uptime guarantees of primary SaaS CRM competitors.
Hospitality, 201-500 employees
February 10, 2019

“Staffing Made Easy Peasy Lemon Squeezy”

OverallI am using Shiftboard to see the shift that I'll be working on for the week. No need to bother the higher ups. Plus in cases of having open shifts because someone has to be out, we get to fill them immediately.
ProsI love the fact that I can send a broadcast to my team members to let them know that an upcoming shift needs coverage. Plus, it is so easy to maneuver!
ConsThe interface is kind of a bit confusing. It takes a little of getting used to it before you can fully enjoy the features that it offers.
February 10, 2019
Steven B.
Executive Director
Music, Unspecified
February 14, 2018

“A great value, an irreplaceable tool for our organization. ”

OverallIt really organizes our musicians extremely well, we have very little confusion now.
ProsThis helps us organize all of our contractors and employees. It gets them all onboard pretty easy and has a lot of powerful tools that have made running our organization much easier. We tried a LOT of different products and this one was the only one that really met all our needs to get everyone scheduled and organized, it is an amazing value for the price they charge us.
ConsI wish it was easier to sync with 3rd party apps. The good part is making a .csv of data is super fast and easy but I would still like to see it play nice with other products.
James K.
Non-Profit Organization Management, 51-200 employees
September 1, 2016

“A different festival”

OverallWe have a diversified group of volunteers and I would expect some to have trouble logging in but almost all of our volunteers have trouble. Some have threatened to quit if they had to use the system
ProsI like the ability to schedule people.
ConsVery hard to log into. 80% of our volunteers have failed. Many screens do not take you back to where you were but make you start over for example you are in persons file and add a team membership you have to find that person again to get back ti him. The emails are screwed up if they are opened on Outlook. The availability screen is not by hours. The settings screen is much to complicated. Should be broken down in more identifiable categories and I have no idea what many of the questions mean.

By Shiftboard on September 1, 2016
Hi James ¿ Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experiences. We¿re sorry to hear you and your team are having difficulty with Shiftboard. A member of our Customer Success Team will reach out to you shortly to help work through these items. Also, we are in the midst of a significant upgrade to the look-and-feel and usability of Shiftboard. An initial release of these improvements recently became available and your site is scheduled to be upgraded in October. Our team will discuss those changes with you and you can determine if you¿d like to upgrade sooner. Please reach out if there is anything else we can do. Thank you.
September 1, 2016
Heather V.
Operations Manager
October 23, 2017

“So far, I have had no issues with the Shiftboard software or technical support. ”

ProsI like that it is easy to use and that I can schedule my staff in multiple locations easily. It is also nice that I can set a store up with a schedule one year at at a time so that all my staff has to do is choose who is working.
ConsI wish that if I need to delete someone's shift that I can do it from the shared view. It is time consuming to have to go back to shift view to delete and then back to shared view so that I can print off a copy.
October 23, 2017
Brenda M.
Bilingual CEA Mentor
Telecommunications, 501-1000 employees
October 16, 2017

“I truly enjoy the software. It makes the self-scheduling process very easy. ”

OverallI am able to schedule myself and view my schedule on the go.
ProsI love that I am able to see it on the go on the application. I also love that is up to the minute. If an employee modifies their schedule you can see it in real time (after updating.) You are also able to trade shifts without asking anyone.
ConsI would prefer having an option to remove some of the departments while I am scheduling myself for my department. It would simplify the process and speed it up for me.
Debbie W.
Event lead
Health, Wellness and Fitness, 501-1000 employees

“Easy”

OverallEase of broadcasted information and broadcasting information for signing up.
ProsI use the History capture to review schedules and pay periods. I also like the interface between the events posted scheduling and private Calendar use. The ease of scheduling and picking up shifts is one of the most useful tools in the industry.
ConsOccasionally the ability to use the site on a mobile versus PC is not as reliable. Overall I believe this site is very comprehensive.
Ray W.
Events Services, 501-1000 employees

“First and Only”

OverallOur organization was stuck in the paper and pencil age. Everyone would submit for the events they wanted to work and the supervisor would have to sort everything and everyone out. We did a demo of a competitor but it would not work for the varied shifts and last minute changes and additions that we have. Once we looked at Shiftboard we were sold that this is the best and easiest for the organization. With most managers buy-in we made the plunge and the results have been fantastic. There are some hold outs but when we show them the advantages and different ways they can input a schedule the results speak for themselves.
ProsThe ease of use and the ability to specialize how the scheduling is done based upon the managers wants and needs.
Carrie S.
Administrative Assistant
Education Management, Unspecified

“We love Shiftboard! ”

OverallWe use this software for scheduling volunteers for a non-profit. Most of our volunteers are retirees, and many don't have much computer experience. This software is VERY user friendly, both for the volunteers, and for myself as an admin to get things set up. If we ever have questions, help is just a phone call away-on the same coast! I get emails from the company, just checking in. I've never dealt with a company with such great follow-through! Thank you!
ProsUser friendly, simple, lots of different options
ConsNothing, actually!
Recommendations to other buyersWell worth the money. This is great scheduling software!
Justin J.
Academic Specialist
July 8, 2009

“Use of Shiftboard in an Academic Setting Provides Ease and Accuracy in Laboratory Scheduling”

OverallFor anyone attempting to organize a large group of people into smaller, more personal groups, Shiftboard is an ideal method of doing so. It's entirely online, easy to use (both from an administrator and a user perspective) and the support staff has always been readily available and receptive to any functional suggestions you may have.
ProsThis website provides a number of distinct advantages for scheduling unique events, lectures and laboratories in the large scale academic environment (500+). Of substantial importance is the ability to provide equal access and availability to events that are constrained by finite resources. Through the creation of distinct "time slots" that LIMIT the number of participants, Shiftboard delivers on this like nothing else I've encountered. By empowering students (i.e. the users) to view event availability as well as requiring them to schedule their own session time, Shiftboard places the assurance of participation directly on the user's shoulders. Likewise, Shiftboard provides near fail-safe mechanisms to ensure participation through automatic reminder and confirmatory emails, as well as the ability to monitor and control all site activity and content.
ConsIf there's one thing I would like to see, it would be the ability to LIMIT the user's capacity to sign up for multiple events that are similar in content type. Thus, should users miss their assigned time rescheduling would require contact with the site administrator.
July 8, 2009
Jessie B.
Fit Stylist
Consumer Services, 51-200 employees
May 1, 2019

“Seamless and easy”

OverallI have had great experiences with Shiftboard, its super helpful and I'm so glad that my company chose it as it's scheduling software.
ProsI use this software daily, you can choose to view the week, then click on individual days to see what your schedule is for the day. The software is so simple and straightforward regarding scheduling. Within the main menu you can see: teams, calendar and opportunity (news) You can see what line of support you are scheduled for, when your breaks are at and when you have specific time off to catch up on daily tasks. You then have the option to print it out, download it and connect it to your Google Calendar, Outlook or other iCal compatible calendar tools.
ConsI truly have never had any issues with this software. I have no dislikes about the software. Working for a company that has your schedule planned out and updates it quickly is such a relief. I previously worked for a financial institution and my schedule was so disorganized. Its great being able to access the Shiftboard at work/home and see what you need to know to be prepared for your shift.
May 1, 2019
Jenn M.
House Manager
Entertainment, 11-50 employees
March 26, 2019

“Perfectly functional employee/volunteer scheduling app”

OverallI've used Shiftboard as an employee like a time clock, and I've used it as a volunteer manager where we just schedule the volunteers (but don't make them clock in/out on it). It's perfectly functional as both!
ProsI like how easy it is to pick up/drop/trade shifts, and to clock in & out. It does what it's made for!
ConsThe mobile apps are terrible, to the point of unusability. On my Android I always just pull up the web page instead of using the app, which is also terrible, gotta enlarge each small part of the page I need to use separately. I also wish it was easier to click on an employee/volunteer's name and get straight to their contact info as an admin - you get there eventually but usually when I'm looking for that kind of thing, it's because they're late and I'm in a hurry - it should be faster!
March 26, 2019
Mike B.
Event staff
October 20, 2017

“Much easier after I learned on my mistakes”

ProsConvenience speed ease record of what you have and also record what is available makes it easier to look at calendar and complete choices
ConsQuestionnaires that require so many words to explain Pros or cons seems Antiquated and unnecessary can't think of anything about it i really is distasteful for me so with that I will end this review if I finally have enough characters and words to complete it I sincerely hope so
Alex S.
October 12, 2017

“Great product, makes scheduling easier to track and more efficient. ”

ProsI like having the ability to be able to see all of the schedule in one place anywhere with internet access. Also being able to see all of our open slots makes it more efficient for the scheduler.
ConsThe software still has a ways to go to become more user friendly. Certain things such as automatically making Holidays overtime, adding schedules, adjusting for daylight savings are either difficult or non existent features
Kristina K.
Coordinator

“Pleasure to use. ”

ProsI like the ease of use for this software, its very user friendly and easy to teach to anyone. We use it daily for our employees and even the ones that struggle with computers are able to use Shiftboard. Also the support team is amazing and is always easy to reach.
ConsAt the moment I like the financial report the least because of the overtime structure that doesn't capture the daily overtime according to the provincial rules.
Danielle H.
Operations Manager
Events Services, 51-200 employees
December 8, 2016

“Shiftboard ”

OverallShiftboard helps ease our scheduling of our live event production techs. We have many pieces moving each day with live events and concerts and we can really get detailed in the posting information we need to share with our staff. We use multiple headliners with multiple positions each day and it is clear and easy to understand.
ProsIt's easy for a bulk upload of multiple positions across different call times and locations.
ConsSometimes the detailed side of options gets finicky but customer support is great.
December 8, 2016
Patti T.
Pharmacy Specialist
Pharmaceuticals, 1001-5000 employees
December 1, 2016

“Great So Far !”

OverallI used to use Shiftboard on a daily basis, then my position changed and I used it once a month or so. I will be using it on a daily basis again soon, so I have been getting familiar with it once again. Love how easy it is to maneuver through. More functions than I will use (right now) but good they are there if needed. I called customer service a few times in the past. ALWAYS fast friendly and ready to help in any way. Looking forward to digging back in and trying all of the features!
ProsVery user-friendly
ConsI have not found any cons.
December 1, 2016
Lydia S.
Volunteer & Publications Specialist
Medical Practice, 201-500 employees
November 9, 2016

“Love our Shiftboard!!”

OverallI've been using Shiftboard for a little over 3 years now and absolutely love it! I love the 'real person' customer service the most. When I do have an issue, I can make a phone call and a person answers and helps me. I also love the training videos that are available. It really helps with new users. We are very pleased that we changed over to Shiftboard. Thanks
ProsMy favorite thing is that when I do post an event, the volunteers receive an email immediately. They don't have to remember to look at the calendar to see if I've posted something. It is much easier for them. I recommend it all the time.
ConsI honestly can't think of anything I don't like. I have had challenges getting around the reports, but the problem is me, not the report.
Recommendations to other buyersThe ease of usage is a real plus. I have volunteers who are not very computer savvy who still manage to find their way around it with few issues.
November 9, 2016
Philanthropy, 11-50 employees
April 19, 2019

“Shiftboard for Volunteers”

ProsShiftboard makes it easy for us to schedule our dozens of volunteers, track hours, and ensure shifts are covered. We have over 100 active volunteers and host events nearly every day of the year. We'd never keep track of them all without Shiftboard! Plus, downloading our monthly data for analysis is easy.
ConsThe setup could be cleaner and takes some getting used to.
April 19, 2019
Heather S.
Coordinator
February 14, 2018

“Great software. Very versatile!”

OverallEasy tracking, broadcasting, reporting, and sign ups.
ProsThe functionality is very adaptable. Customer Service is great to work with and quickly answers questions and concerns.
ConsThere are reports that would be helpful but after mentioning almost every other month for the past year they are on the road map. There were some issues with the app that were frustrating to users but have been corrected.
Danny D.
Assistant Pastor, Sports & Fitness
Religious Institutions, 51-200 employees
February 13, 2018

“We use Shiftboard to schedule all of our part-time employees and manage our work schedules. Awesome!”

ProsThere are a lot of different ways to take advantage of this software. Workers can trade shifts if you want that, you can bulk schedule duplicate schedules that work well, and on and on I could go. It is really easy to learn and use.
ConsI would love to pay less since we are a non-profit organization, but the price is still very reasonable. They also have great customer service!
February 13, 2018
Donley D.
Captain
Law Enforcement, 51-200 employees
October 20, 2017

“Shiftboard has streamlined our scheduling process, saving us a significant amount of time.”

OverallA significant reduction in the time and effort needed to get the necessary information to the right people and get their response to schedule events.
ProsThe quick and easy notification and access to those using it has made the scheduling process a much less cumbersome process.
ConsEditing events and personnel working these events can be a little tricky at times. The learning curve for this was a little linger than anticipated.
October 18, 2017

“Great experience! Love Shiftboard!”

ProsI am the Volunteer Coordinator for a local dog rescue group and we use Shiftboard to sign up our volunteers for events. The site is super easy to use and any issues are addressed immediately via their great customer service team
ConsOne minor issue I have is with formatting outgoing broadcast messages. I am unable to properly space my messages and unable to attach photos which would be a big plus!
October 18, 2017
Hospital & Health Care, 1001-5000 employees
October 17, 2017

“Removes the stress of scheduling.”

OverallEasy to use and saves tons of times. Staff like to pick their own shifts.
ProsIt's easy to use and I can post multiple shifts all at once. It takes just minutes to set up and then it does the work for you. I love that I can send broadcasts to capture the attention of many at once.
ConsI don't like that I have to scroll through all the times in order to post the time of a shift. I would rather just type in the time.
October 17, 2017
Patti K.
Program Director
Non-Profit Organization Management, 1001-5000 employees
October 12, 2017

“Easy to use. Very functional and visual. ”

OverallEase of scheduling. Negative = the app is not user friendly.
ProsThe ability to add multiple shifts at once. It is easy to bulk load shifts for several months at a time. It is also easy to delete multiple shifts at a time.
ConsThe email settings are obnoxious. The receipt of multiple emails from multiple people is overwhelming. I know that can be modified from the user end, but it is still obnoxious.
Jack H.
Recreational Facilities and Services, 201-500 employees
November 8, 2016

“Staff Management Software that Makes Life Easy”

OverallBefore using Shiftboard, life was hectic and scheduling was a mess. Shiftboard allowed us to grow without the headache of scheduling hundreds of staff across multiple locations of our business. On top of that, every time I call customer support, they help me with every question I might have. We could not be more satisfied with Shiftboard's platform!
ProsSaves my business/staff headache. Reduces the cost of staff scheduling.
ConsCould have a better mobile app.
Recommendations to other buyersKeep up the great work!
Melita J.
Field Trip Specialist
March 13, 2018

“Awesome”

OverallIT WORKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ProsIt's easily friendly,and it's awesome product to use for your schelling. Our bus driver love this product as well. They are able to check the field trip without going on the computer at home or in the office. They all have downloaded the app to their phone, which has become such a joy for them as well as for myself.
ConsNot enough color on the calendar. I would love to have a least one more color the calendar. But its not a deal breaker for me not to use the software.
March 13, 2018
Pilly M.
CEA Supervisor
501-1000 employees
October 13, 2017

“Shiftboard is easy to use and super efficient. ”

OverallI enjoy the simplicity of being able to search my teammates shifts and confirm the hours they have scheduled every week. Shiftboard is was to use and navigate through.
ProsI really enjoy the easy access and the ability to add shifts for my Teammates like study Halls and Meeting s. Shiftboard notifies you of any errors if you are scheduling a shift for a date that is passed.
ConsWhile Shiftboard is great there are times when I get reports of shifts not being added correctly causing teammates to miss the shift they did not know was scheduled.
October 13, 2017
Victoria S.
Team Lead
201-500 employees
October 16, 2017

“It has always been great working for me.”

OverallI can see all of my agents shifts at once. Love it!!
ProsEverything has always showed accurate to me. I let my team member know to always keep any eye on their shiftboard as it is in their own timezone and can help no call no shows.
ConsI have agents that say they have some issues with seeing their shifts or the load time it takes when picking shifts.
John T.
Shift Administrator
Public Safety, 11-50 employees
October 14, 2017

“Has worked great for our needs.”

OverallI don't have to man a white board in an office with the monthly shifts on it. I get very few phone calls from firemen with issues. When I do it is usually there error.
ProsEasy to sign up or cancel shifts. Easy access from computer, phone, tablet, etc. As an administrator I have had little problems.
ConsWish people could "not" be able to sign-up after shift starts or not after the shift was an hour old. Be sides accidents sometimes people will sign-up for a shift after it was over and they didn't really do the shift.
October 14, 2017