Wistia Ratings

Overall

About Wistia

Wistia is the leader in Brand Affinity Marketing for small and medium-sized businesses. Wistia provides innovative video marketing software which enables any company to create captivating viewing experiences on their sites and gives them the tools to find, engage and grow a community of brand advocates. Founded in Cambridge, Massachusetts, more than half a million businesses across 50 countries depend on Wistia's products to build their brands and their businesses. Learn more about Wistia

Chelsea L.
Digital Education Specialist
Renewables & Environment, 1001-5000 employees
September 11, 2019

“User friendly with tons of functionality”

OverallThis is a company doing it right. They have really great training materials, both about how to use the product itself and industry best practices to help you build a video strategy. The customer service was very responsive and flexible. The user interface was so visual and intuitive to navigate, which is important to me in video hosting platforms since I check analytics and details often. The ability to customize the player, add hyperlinks and forms directly into the videos, and track click rates of links are all really valuable tools for video marketing .
ProsThe myriad of features to help with video marketing tactics are amazing. My favorites were the ability to gate content partway through a video- let someone watch 1 minute for free, and if they want to watch the rest they input an email address. The different options for customizing end cards and adding links to the final screen of the video are very useful, and the option to code and style buttons was a really nice extra feature. All of the analytics screens are very robust with the amount of detail you can drill down to, and it's really easy to navigate through all the screens.
ConsSadly I switched companies and have to use a different platform now, so all I remember is how much more I liked Wistia and can't recall any major issues.
September 11, 2019
Eddie M.
Product Manager
July 22, 2019

“Great for Data ”

ProsI enjoyed the data perspective from the content that I was publishing. Wistia enables you to see where people were dropping off as well as how many times someone was viewing a piece of content. This quickly helped us find where we needed to make updates and adjustments.
ConsAt times it wasn't 100% intuitive, but after some playing around I was able to figure it out. Wistia has come a long way from where it once was.
July 22, 2019
Computer Software, 501-1000 employees
May 21, 2019

“Best video marketing platform in the game”

OverallPhenomenal video marketing platform with exceptional support
ProsWistia offers awesome features for a very reasonable price. It's super easy to use, with valuable analytics and various customization options. If you need to update a video, it's no problem -- you can replace it without changing the link. They truly focus on video marketing whereas YouTube is really just for hosting and views. Plus, the customer service is top notch! (And if you ever get a chance to read their blog, you'll see these guys are video marketing experts)
ConsSometimes it can be a little buggy when adding captions to video. I also wish there was a way to schedule videos social instead of posting one by one - but that would just be a nice to have.
May 21, 2019
Nicholas B.
Videographer
Media Production, 51-200 employees
November 11, 2018

“Hands down the only way to Host Videos!”

OverallFrom the first time, I logged in, to the most recent time I uploaded a video and then forwarded the URL to a co-worker so they can use it in their workflow. This software is incredible. The company is engaging and offers inspiring posts to their customer base and their User Community is fantastic. I appreciate the services this product provides and can't wait to see where things go for them in the future. Keep up the incredible work!
ProsCan I say everything? Ok if not... I guess the thing I like most about this software is how simple it is to use the product.
ConsThe only thing that could possibly improve is adding the ability to add a custom play button. I completely understand the reason why it doesn't exist and I only can say this because I've had to listen to colleagues bellyache about it.
November 11, 2018
Bharath A.
Director - Marketing
August 18, 2017

“The best video hosting software”

OverallLot of benefits - helps me decide create topics for new videos. Also helps me make decisions on what videos to promote and what not to. I also get to know if the video is lengthy or not, based on engagement rate.
ProsI just love the amount of details it provides about the video plays - number of times a video played, location of the visitor who viewed the video, date and time of the video played, percentage of the video watched, overall engagement rate, Call To Actions made like clicks etc. I use all this information to tweak current videos and create new videos for better engagement and conversion. I also use this information to see what videos are more effective and accordingly promote them more. Finally, Wistia also helps me with email campaigns where I send a video in my email and then check if the prospects have opened the video, watched the video full/partial etc. Based on this, I send custom follow-up messages.
August 18, 2017
Computer Software, 11-50 employees
August 14, 2018

“Wistia gets the right job done”

OverallJust great value for the cost. Nicely scoped service/product. You get just what you need to get the job done. There is little fluff.
ProsGreat to post videos and integrate with Wordpress site Analytics get the job done Easy to use to get the job done, not many extra whistles now, which is great Like the company, blog posts are helpful and public betas
ConsEmbed styles could use more details on how to do them Embedding could use more data on performance, I had to learn the best way through trial and error
August 14, 2018
Chemicals, 51-200 employees
February 15, 2019

“Youtube for the business”

OverallOverall very satisfied. We will always use Wisita for its simplicity and easy to embed/share and track video views etc.
Pros-Ability to share videos privately -Great Call to action options on the video - Great tool for Individual departments to showcase and keep track of Stats on video
Cons- Lacks some of the basic editing capabilities such as cutting and joining. - Plans are a bit pricy compared to other video solutions - Support is limited and usually through email.
February 15, 2019
Marcos G.
Production and Content Director
11-50 employees
January 18, 2018

“Everything about these guys is AMAZING!”

Overallcreativity, commitment, ease, communication, collaboration, sharing, efficiency, productivity, improvement, fast streaming, very good support, continuous learning
ProsTheir product is the best! One of the best things is how fast the video load on any device. Besides that I love how much effort and compromise they put into supporting, teaching and sharing knowledge!
ConsNot long ago they changed their charging structure and that affected our processes a lot, but still.. they are worth it!
January 18, 2018
December 21, 2017

“LOVE LOVE LOVE THIS TOOL”

OverallI absolutely love this tool and recommend it to other companies. This is a must-have tool for any company.
ProsIt integrates with Salesforce. It's a great way to know which leads are more likely to closing. We're able to see if they have watched our marketing videos. We are able to see which ones they have watched, how long they watched it for. I absolutely love this tool. I have no idea what we would without this tool.
December 21, 2017
Sydney J.
Market Director
1-10 employees
November 10, 2016

“Wistia just makes video easier.”

OverallWe're loving Wistia because the video players are sharp looking and easily customizable with color, buttons, etc. Whether I'm putting a video on a page highly trafficked on mobile and need a smaller play button, on a blog post where the color blue goes with the theme, or on a product page where I need the display frame to be just as gorgeous as our photo set, Wistia makes it easy.
ProsEasy, organized, SEO friendly, Trackable
ConsVideo organization and seo setup can be confusing
November 10, 2016
11-50 employees
February 9, 2018

“Archive all my multimedia files.”

ProsWhat I like the most about Wistia is that I can store the videos to a server in the cloud and I guarantee that the information is secure, it can not be downloaded by unauthorized sources.
ConsWhat I like the least about Wistia is that they increased their costs by monthly stored content and there are no annual contracts.
February 9, 2018
Bill C.
Director of Marketing
October 10, 2017

“Wistia is great for embedding video on your site and the stats are excellent”

OverallAll of our company videos are stored and organized on Wistia and embedded on our website. This includes webinar recordings. Biggest benefit for us is a branded video experience on our website without distractions of other brand logos on the video player. I would give Wistia a higher rating if videos shared better on social channels.
ProsIf you want to embed videos on your site so that they blend in wiht your brand/web experience, Wistia is a top choice. And if you want details on usage / viewing stats Wistia is also top notch. We use Wistia for our company videos and also for client work for eLearning projects. It is easy to segregate videos by project so organizing videos is easy. And videos always look great on our website. The viewing stats are also excellent. We know which videos get watched the most but also when during videos people stop watching and what viewer engagement is. This is helping for us deciding how to improve our videos.
ConsWistia videos don't share well on social channels. I would not pick Wistia if your main goal is to share on social...use YouTube for that.
October 10, 2017
Tim L.
Developer
October 3, 2017

“Wistia is top notch in every aspect!”

OverallFantastic video hosting and transcoding service.
ProsThey are true video marketers, and the software they have created has awesome tech. The API's and SDK's work very well and are easy to use.
ConsPricing changes were unexpected, but understandable for a startup. Very occasionally videos uploaded do not transcode correctly which cause customer issues.
October 3, 2017
Spencer F.
January 24, 2012

“If YouTube and Vimeo could only be this good...”

OverallI cannot imagine a more perfect solution for anyone who needs a video management system for content that needs to be kept private or behind a paywall. Even if that is not a requirement, the extensive tools, superb mobile capability of their native management system, and great customer service make Wistia a "dream".
ProsWistia provides an incredibly powerful and flexible way for entrepreneurs and businesses to manage, distribute, and monetize their video content. Unlike YouTube and Vimeo, the key differentiator is the fact that you have absolute control over the location where you content can be accessed, embedded, or downloaded. Likewise, you have complete control over the look and feel of your embed design, popups, video galleries, SEO, heatmaps, and much much more. The customer service and creativity at this company is also a HUGE selling point. I challenge anyone to actually reach someone at Youtube (HA!) or Vimeo by phone (not likely... even though they are a "small" company). With Wistia, you can actually PHONE them if or when you have an idea, a problem, or a need for further help. Within five minutes of using their free trial, we knew at LabSecrets.com that we had found a real PARTNER in Wistia... and we've never looked-back since!
ConsNone that I have found yet.
January 17, 2018

“Storage of high quality content”

ProsThis software allows me to store and visualize the content of audiovisual projects for my audience. There is no capacity limit per project and this represents a great advantage for the company.
ConsIts costs of use were raised after having years of use, now it is much more expensive to create a project in Wistia.
January 17, 2018
Steven T.
Marketing Manager
Real Estate, 201-500 employees
December 6, 2018

“Solid Video Marketing Tool”

OverallAmazing video software product.
ProsTheir software ties nicely with other platforms, allowing you to use the data you're capturing from video analytics.
ConsThey came out with a new tool called Soapbox. I feel it should just be a part of their overall package offered.
December 6, 2018
Aaron K.
Director Of Sales And Business Development
August 31, 2018

“The top video hosting platform- they even have an awesome extension”

ProsWistia makes hosting videos so easy. Managing the videos in the cloud makes it easy to find what you are looking for, and sharing the videos onto your website or portal is extremely easy as well. For the past year or so, my sales teams have been using their soapbox extension. This allows us to create videos from our desktop and share them with customers. An extremely personable way to share short product explanations and videos with customers.
ConsWistia has changed the way they charge for starage of content. I liked their old plan better, but their new plan seems to be working well.
August 31, 2018
William L.
Post-Production Manager
Motion Pictures and Film, 1-10 employees
November 14, 2017

“If you can afford it, A+”

ProsYouTube looks amateurish and has terrible stats. So that's out. Out of the available alternatives, Wistia, Vimeo, and self-hosted video rank highest. Vimeo for Business and Wistia are comparable, but Wistia is cleaner, has a better user interface, and, most importantly, claims to do much better at SEO. So if the price tag isn't a problem, go with Wistia. If not, check out Vimeo for Business or Vimeo Pro.
ConsIt's rather expensive for small businesses. For people new to video, their newsletters are incredibly misleading. They love to post about how video doesn't have to be of a high quality, how you can use your webcam for things, etc. Some of their blog posts are great, but do please keep in mind that their business model is to get companies to upload as many videos as possible for any reason at all.
November 14, 2017
Aaron B.
Founder & CEO

“Wistia Rocks!”

OverallWistia offers our company all the necessary features the other platforms couldn't deliver on, and goes beyond our expectations for a video hosting solution. Wistia plays a major role in the everyday operations of our business. We've worked directly with Viddler, Kaltura, Ooyala and one of our major clients uses Brightcove. None of these Platforms compare in terms of functionality, API, and overall ease of use.
ProsWe went through many, many video platforms in the years before we began using Wistia. Now we've been using Wistia for almost a year, and we're not looking back. Wistia is more of a Project Manager than a mere Video Platform, and this is the greatest overall benefit we've realized. The ability to manage our clients as well as our videos is an indispensable feature provided by Wistia.
ConsNot many - but in the interest of balance, we'd love to have Watermarks/Bugs - need this. Projects listed alphabetically, especially when searching - we have over 100 clients in Wistia - would love to see them sorted alpha instead of by date added. Different email addresses for different projects for ticketing. IE - project clients go to one ticketing board (for us), webcasting clients go to another email address, and thus board for us. As you can see - NOT ONE Con for core usage. We LOVE Wistia!
Benjamin L.
Technical Operations Manager
Events Services, 11-50 employees
November 2, 2018

“Easy to Use, Share, and Store!”

ProsMy company deals with storing hundreds of terabytes worth of video files. Wistia is a great way for us to share those files with our clients: it allows them to not only see the footage and collaborate, but download or frame for social media platforms. Wistia is easy to use for our clients and lets them get exactly what they're looking for. We can easily separate files by project and share them with the right people: in turn allowing for a short turn around time for delivering projects.
ConsThe limited file size can be irksome, as we always record our videos in RAW. So, we always have to convert and compress our footage before we can put it on Wistia. It's not a massive deal, but it does slow our process a little bit.
November 2, 2018
Ashley N.
Field Marketing Manager
Computer Networking, 51-200 employees
May 2, 2018

“Love Wistia”

OverallSaves money and time!
ProsI have been using Wistia for years and bring it with me to every company I join. It's one of my favourite marketing tools. The cost is amazing for the features and compared to other video hosting companies the cost can't be beat. I love how they keep the platform simple and easy to use. They continually push out new features to make the platform better. Oh the videos they produce themselves are awesome and helpful!
ConsNone - once you try it out you will be hooked to! I have never needed to use the customer support team so I am not sure how good or bad they are.
May 2, 2018
Cameron E.
Marketing Operations Manager
Computer Software, 501-1000 employees
July 9, 2018

“Great video delivery software - if you want to upgrade from YouTube you can't go wrong.”

OverallQuick and easy way for our videographer to share videos on our team and for us marketers to put it up on the website. Wistia is a good growing company and always improving.
ProsGreat software that integrates well into our website, currently hosted in HubSpot. It's code is simple and easy to swap in and out to add a nice lightbox feature on our site. Player is reliable and hardly ever has issues. We post all our company videos to Wistia and it integrates well with forms/turnstiles.
ConsSystem is simpler and I wish that there were more features when integrating - like more info on turnstile forms. I wish that it was a little nicer on the layouts of the video pages themselves, but that's being nit-picky. Good software for video delivery.
July 9, 2018
Prince S.
Marketing Specialist
Law Practice, 201-500 employees
June 4, 2019

“Wistia - The Magnificient”

Pros- Easy to use - Separate task email address easily attachable to non-Wistia user - Easy to tag users - Plenty of customization - Easy learning curve
Cons- Setup took a long to time to work exactly as needed - If a non-Wistia user got an email with the task, the follow-up emails almost amounted to spam due to regularity
June 4, 2019
Jacco d.
VP of Revenue Libris
Photography, 51-200 employees
December 4, 2018

“Analytics for our videos”

OverallTo better control and brand the video experience, as well as gain insights to how prospects interact with the videos, Wistia provides all the essentials functionalities.
ProsThe detailed analytics Wistia can provide for our videos is insightful, from regular views to advanced stats on rewatches, where people watched from and what part of the video they dropped off. Combined with integrations like Marketo we can capture leads and engage them along the way.
ConsWatch that there is an added fee once you surpass the bandwidth limit, the cost of success!
December 4, 2018
Hospital & Health Care, 51-200 employees
December 11, 2018

“Everything you need in a video hosting tool”

ProsWistia offers great features for all users - no matter how big or small. I've always appreciated that you can easily scale your account with them based on your needs. Additionally, their reporting is great and can give you insight into how long people are watching your video, where they drop off, etc. On top of that, they have plenty of ways for you to collect the info of whoever is watching the video.
ConsThe user interface could be better but it's certainly not a deal breaker for us.
December 11, 2018
Jacob K.
Content and Social Media Marketer
Internet, 11-50 employees
May 11, 2018

“Creating product videos is straightforward with Wistia”

ProsThe ease of use is commendable and you don't need to have any creative skills to get started with creating amazing videos using Wistia.
ConsCustomization options are very limited and if you are looking to incorporate your unique ideas, you might find yourself stuck and confused.
May 11, 2018
Justin L.
Marketing Operations Manager
Hospital & Health Care, 51-200 employees
August 8, 2017

“Wistia makes optimizing for conversion with video easier than any other solution I know of.”

OverallProvided a better-looking and more user friendly interface for the user side. Tons of controls and customization options that marketers will love. It's integrations also work very well for us, including its integration with Hubspot.
ProsI love its integration with our CRM, its turnstile forms, and its video customization options. It offers a complete marketing-ready interface and, I believe, promotes a better user experience than other solutions.
ConsI wish I had some negative feedback here to make my review more balanced, but I really don't. They used to have some issues with latency when customizing videos, but that's be resolved for my use case for months and months now.
August 8, 2017
Dustin O.
Information Technology and Services, 1-10 employees
October 1, 2015

“Finally! A great alternative to YouTube and Vimeo for Videos”

OverallThe nice thing about Wistia is that it allows you to track which of your videos are actually seen, which parts of viewed (or skipped, or rewatched), and by whom (or at least by which IP locations). The statistical part means that you can use this tracking to make better videos that have a higher engagement or a better conversion ratio. Another great thing that I like, which I do not get with the Vimeo Pro account, and which is also not possible on YouTube, is the ability to have a turnstile embedded within the video. This allows you to collect somebody's contact info partway through the video to watch the rest. You can also embed nice looking calls-to-action within the video itself, which is helpful for doing any sort of Marketing Automation. All in all, it's a great service, especially for small business owners. The cost is affordable, and the value you gain is quite high.
ProsStats, stats and more stats! Able to have a Turnstile (to request a viewer's contact info) Can create a Call to Action Easy to Embed in a Website Affordable Lots of areas to customize
ConsCannot really think of any cons. It would be great if it were more seamlessly integrated into GetDrip. Another thing that I see with my ScreenFlow (screen capture software for Mac), is that I can click "Publish To" and send the rendered video directly to YouTube and Vimeo. It'd save me time if I could also publish directly to Wistia.
October 1, 2015
Sarah Y.
Customer Success Manager
Telecommunications, 201-500 employees
August 2, 2019

“Simplifies Everything!”

ProsI LOVE that we are able to make emails look nice and professional by downloading the widget in gmail - it quickly pulls videos we have created and shows the opening slide/title vs. just having a link.
ConsThe only complaint I have is that the reporting was not always 100% accurate. There were often discrepancies between what was shown on their website and what would export into the excel sheet.
August 2, 2019
Ted B.
Internet, 1-10 employees
November 9, 2016

“Great Company, getting better.”

OverallOverall this is a great company to work with. Sometimes I wish they had some additional functionality, but they make up for any gaps with their customer support
ProsSupports higher quality videos than YouTube and doesn't require the annoying social aspects of Vimeo. Videos work on all browsers and devices I've come across.
ConsReally focused on videos only. Platafrom doesn't allow you to share other types of content very well.
Recommendations to other buyersI prefer Wistia over YouTube or Vimeo for the reasons stated above. Much better platform for businesses.
November 9, 2016
Bryan W.
Director of Design and Development
E-Learning, 1-10 employees
September 25, 2018

“Refreshing change from You Tube ”

OverallWe have an explainer video for each of our partners (over 100) and Wistia makes keeping track of these videos as well as sharing them extremely easy.
ProsIt is not only very easy to upload videos, but to manage and customize them as well. Nothing against You Tube because I use that as well but their user experience can be a bit overwhelming to someone using it for the first time.
ConsYou don't get a lot of uploads with the free version.
September 25, 2018
Samuel L.
Head Of Marketing
Internet, 11-50 employees
November 16, 2017

“Wistia Has Helped Our Business Manage Hundreds Of Videos Inside An Intuitive Platform”

OverallWistia lets our business manage videos and customize features to fit the aesthetic of each specific video.
ProsWistia lets you manage hundreds of videos with customizable features like video border color, gating content at the end of the video, and much more!
ConsSome of the features like the gated content are only available on more expensive packages whereas they were complimentary when we first became customers.
November 16, 2017
clint p.
Digital Media Specialist
Security and Investigations, 201-500 employees
October 26, 2017

“A great way to host our videos.”

OverallEasy to use, sleek design.
ProsIt's easy to use and looks good. I like that you can add in chapters to guide users through the video. I also find the customizability of every aspect of the experience really useful.
October 26, 2017
Katherine B.
Director of Marketing
August 9, 2017

“I love Wistia! They have a great interface that's easy to use.”

ProsThe interface for sure. It's super easy to navigate, and I have no issues asking someone else to upload something. Its intuitive interface makes it simple for anyone to hop in and get going.
ConsTheir pricing structure changed. We grandfathered in, but we didn't necessarily keep what we'd originally signed on with. Now we deal with video limits and charges for each extra video.
August 9, 2017
Internet, Unspecified
May 30, 2018

“Wistia provides powerful video-hosting”

ProsProbably the best thing about Wistia is how fast it is. I've never had any of the videos on my website take more than a few seconds to load. The customization features are great and make the videos blend in nicely.
ConsWhile there are a lot of customization options, they can be a bit difficult to find. Pricing can be a bit expensive.
May 30, 2018
May 16, 2018

“It is a tool that allows you to add videos to marketing campaigns.”

ProsAs a platform it allows you to define who will see your videos or not, as well as the time they connect with your multimedia content, the time they spend on your page.
ConsWistia has fulfilled our needs for content placement in support of our marketing campaigns, so far we have not had any major problems, however they have a help center to support the user if necessary
May 16, 2018
Computer Software, 11-50 employees
April 9, 2018

“Great video hosting software for sales organizations”

ProsClean design makes the videos look nice on any webpage. The ability to customize the look of the player is a huge plus too. Ultimately, the ability to gather leads via the Turnstile is what makes Wistia so great for us. We can feed leads directly into our CRM and follow-up with them as they are finishing up watching a video.
ConsThe biggest issue at this time is that it is not possible to collect the original lead source of a contact and pass it into your CRM. If you are running ads to drive traffic to your video you won't be able to tie leads back to your ads unless you create a specific landing page for every ad and add a different instance of the same video on each page.
April 9, 2018
Samuel G.
Design Manager
Research, 51-200 employees
September 5, 2017

“Easy to Use. Could include more marketing capabilities.”

OverallVideos can be private and all in one place. Easy to edit videos and embed on our blog. We enjoy using Wistia on our marketing team!
ProsVery easy to use. Customization tool edits quickly. Playlists and embedding work well. The ability to move videos around is helpful.
ConsLimited storage. No GMail embedding (would love to have this). Price is a little high for the amount of storage you receive. It was a little difficult to know to move videos around at first, could have been a little more clear on certain aspects of that experience.
September 5, 2017
Danielle D.
Content marketing Manager
September 6, 2017

“Great product. Use it in our marketing department to house videos.”

ProsEasy for me and my team to use. Really like it. Let's us store a lot of videos in one place. Like that you can link to the.
September 6, 2017
Keith B.
Marketing Manager, Demand Generation
August 18, 2018

“Great tool for hosting and embedding video”

OverallGreat all around tool and support center.
ProsEasy to setup and use. They make it really not technical, and give you the power to create amazing marketing videos.
ConsNothing much to dislike. Have been recent price increases. Wish there was more in-depth video editing.
August 18, 2018
Higher Education, 51-200 employees
February 5, 2019

“Amazing hosting site”

OverallMy company is online education based, so we rely heavily on Wistia and they do not disappoint. Easy, clean, and runs very fast.
ProsOur company uses Wistia to host all our video content and it is AMAZING. Quick upload times, very customizable, and new features are constantly being offered and updated.
ConsI genuinely have no issues with Wistia, I've never had an issue with the hundreds of videos I have uploaded.
February 5, 2019
Oil & Energy, 1001-5000 employees
September 6, 2018

“Best Video Hosting Option EVER”

OverallThis has helped the video portion of our training program get off the ground and provide stats that we can use to improve our product.
ProsSuper simple. Great stats. Easy to embed. Overall 10/10
Consn/a - It does everything I need it to do.
September 6, 2018
Financial Services, 201-500 employees
April 19, 2018

“I use Wistia for uploading final assets to clients, and also for attaching to websites.”

OverallThe software is easy to use and allows for easy feedback, embedding, and sharing of videos.
ProsThe software is easy to use with a nice user interface. It embeds easily and has a lot of functions for for customizing permissions, video preview frames, and other aspects of the uploaded asset. This program does the job it is meant for with ease of use.
ConsThe software does have some issues uploading long files. I have run into a few issues where I have uploaded longer videos and ended up having to attempt the upload a few times. Those instances are fairly rare though.
April 19, 2018
Eric S.
Content Marketing Manager
September 7, 2017

“Love creating video with Wistia”

ProsJust the best video software and platform, makes it easy to see the analytical aspects necessary to improve videos.
ConsI wish that I could have the Wistia video people just do everything for us (e.g., filming and creating videos for us), so no cons.
September 7, 2017
Brandon Z.
Web Designer
Design, Self-employed
April 21, 2017

“How can you not love Wistia?”

OverallWistia not only provides an amazing product, they are an amazing company. In addition to their fantastic video player with analytics, they provide a wide array of educational content for shooting your own videos. If you've ever wondered if your visitors watched all of your video or what parts they found interesting, you've got to check out Wistia. They have an awesome free plan, so there's no barrier to trying things out.
Pros- Fantastic video player. - It's incredibly easy to setup a new video and add/remove whichever features you want. - Great selection of resources for shooting your own videos. - And the company is just fantastic. Lots of energy, fun, and smiles.
April 21, 2017
Brian K.
Digital Marketing Manager
Information Technology and Services, 501-1000 employees
September 17, 2019

“Great Video Hosting Software - Analytics Could Be Better”

OverallEmbedding and sharing videos. Video analytics. Reporting.
ProsEasy to use, lightweight, intuitive. Great value. Easily iframable into web elements. Support is pretty great also.
ConsThe analytics and reporting could be better. Wistia recently had a back end issue around the end of the month, causing gaps in our monthly reporting, but support worked quickly to resolve.
September 17, 2019
Linda L.
Global Marketing Automation Specialist
Information Technology and Services, 10,001+ employees
December 5, 2018

“A MUST for video hosting and metrics”

OverallOverall it's fantastic value for the cost. It's user friendly, allows for customization, and their support team is very responsive.
ProsThe amount and depth of analytics you get from Wistia is amazing. Everything from general watch times, repeats, drops, heat maps, etc. it's all useful in helping you (1) better improve your content focuses and (2) realize target viewing areas. We have this integrated with Marketo so it's also awesome to be able to trigger actions based on their viewing progress.
ConsI currently haven't stumbled upon a con.
December 5, 2018
November 17, 2018

“Great for professional video hosting”

ProsReally professional, lots of options for how you want your thumbnail, start screen, icons, etc. to appear. Great for tracking views on your website videos - my company exclusively uses Wistia for marketing videos on the website and training videos in our Help Center. Very happy with this program.
ConsI just saw another review of Wistia that mentioned the user community and company content - which I have never seen before! So I suppose a con would be that this type of content isn't immediately visible to non-admin users of the program and I wish it was.
November 17, 2018
Ginger J.
Co-owner
May 14, 2018

“We love Wistia, but wish it worked for our industry”

ProsIt's super easy to use, the customer support and the content Wistia pushes out is great. We don't really have a lot of complaints.
ConsWe left a competitor to Wistia as we thought that Wistia would help us get more SEO juice out of our videos. Turns out, this won't work for our industry, which is disappointing. I believe we are paying more for this feature. Such a bummer!
May 14, 2018
Marlene C.
Digital Marketing Specialist
Internet, 51-200 employees
November 7, 2017

“I LOVE Wistia! It is the best tool for hosting videos. ”

ProsWe use Wistia to host any recorded meetings, webinars, or trainings, and then we take those videos and post them to our Hubspot landing pages. It is super easy to take our Wistia-hosted videos where ever we need them!
ConsI wish I could control the default image that shows when a video is paused or not yet playing. I also wish it would track who watched your video somehow.
November 7, 2017