uCoz Content Management Ratings

Overall
3.7/5
4.1/5
4.1/5

About uCoz Content Management

Modern free website management system which works according to the principles of Web 2.0 allowing creation of complicated projects. uCoz is a free hosted CMS like blogger or wordpess but much more powerful. It has such features as: free hosted forum, blog, site catalog, email forms, statistics, personal guestbook and message board, direct FTP upload utility, and a page editor. Offers 400 MB of disk space and unlimited data transfer. No HTML knowledge required. Learn more about uCoz Content Management

Artem T.
Global CFO
August 11, 2018

“Universal modular site builder”

ProsuCoz in its modern form is designed for a variety of clients, for example, bloggers, webmasters, owners of larger projects, and therefore the system abounds with a wide range of various modules. This is on the one hand, but on the other - can be confusing. It's good that when working, everyone can select and configure only modules that are necessary from his point of view and deactivate the rest. Another controversial issue is the provision of full access to the project code. To me, as an experienced IT specialist, this is useful, but beginners can easily make their mistakes in the code.
ConsIt is a pity that there are such strict restrictions on the free tariff. For example, someone else's ad is constantly shown (and not always topical!), PHP scripts are not available, an SSL certificate can not be connected to a separately purchased domain, which is very important in our time and on the ranking of the site.
August 11, 2018
Melissa F.
Group CFO
Hospitality, 51-200 employees
November 8, 2018

“Very problematic CMS”

ProsI used CMS uCoz for more than 2 years, but refused to use it further. There were a lot of problems: from intrusive advertising to non-working plugins. The support service did not help even once; I received only formal replies to all questions. I can not even highlight any advantages of this service.
ConsThe last straw was the problem with uploading videos to the site. The problem was the lack of space, and to increase it, you just had to wait (it accumulates over time). In general, I do not recommend anyone to work on this CMS.
November 8, 2018
Akina M.
Accountant
February 19, 2018

“An incomprehensible system, it is not free at all”

ProsPreviously, everything was very simple, if I wanted to change the design of the site, it was enough to go into the control panel, choose one of the free designs and install, the kind of site changed.
ConsAnd now, I feel uncomfortable with changing templates! I'm trying to change the design, go to the control panel, select the desired design, click APPLY, it turns out to me that the site view is changed. And after visiting the site again, I see that the design has remained the same! I'm starting to write about this in technical support. But they explain to me that in order to get an answer to this question, I have to write about this from my account, which is quite difficult, since a free consultation now even from the account is not possible, and costs five cents, and to send a message in tech support, you need to replenish your account.
Djohn T.
SEO-analyst
February 15, 2018

“I'm disappointed in this CMS”

ProsThe site on this hosting I made about four years ago. This was my first work on creating a website. I did not know anything about this area and I did not even quite understand how it was done. I was helped by questions and answers from people who also created their sites on UCoz. I did not expect any big requests from the site - I just had to post my work. Since the site I do not sell, and information - I chose free hosting. Gradually, step by step, I began to fill my first site with information and photos. About two months later, I managed to do it quickly enough.
ConsEverything would be fine if not for one BUT ... On a free site, advertising in half a page fell out as soon as you visit the site and whenever you want to go to another page.
February 15, 2018
Maria T.
December 30, 2018

“A good option for small sites”

ProsIn our company, uCoz was used several times, since in the early stages it seemed to us the most suitable option, due to its ease of development and sufficient functionality for creating small sites.
ConsThis CMS is not good enough to create complex sites, because it has a small amount of disk space and a too limited set of functions for this task.
December 30, 2018
Campbell H.
Chief HR Officer
Computer Software, 1001-5000 employees
August 27, 2018

“Controversial quality management system sites”

ProsI have been following for a long time how uCoz is developing and I want to say that the developers have made significant progress in the past few years. If earlier with the help of this system I managed to create low-functional projects with poor design, now everything has changed for the better. In the system it is easy to create a site of any complexity, you can choose or order a colorful design for specialists. By functionality, I appreciate the ability to backup data, the provision of domain and hosting, the ability to create e-mail addresses in your own domain zone.
ConsUnfortunately, I can not do without negativity in the direction of uCoz. So, the developers of the project at any time can suspend the work of your site, and the reasons can be very different, and your business will suffer. The second point is the presence of someone else's advertising, the placement of which is not coordinated with the owner of the site.
August 27, 2018
Daria T.
RFX and Marketing team
Computer Software, 201-500 employees
January 18, 2019

“Not bad for small sites”

ProsOur company previously preferred CMS uCoz, it was especially comfortable to work when creating websites of small complexity, for which you only need to spend a little time. In the free version there is all the necessary functionality to perform this task. But now we are gradually moving away from the practice of using uCoz, which I will discuss below.
ConsIt is problematic to carry out the promotion of positions in search engines. I don't like it very much, that not every template from among those available is adapted for mobile devices.
January 18, 2019
Vitaly P.
JavaScript developer
Computer Software, 1001-5000 employees
November 5, 2018

“The designer did not meet expectations!”

Pros4 years ago I made a website at uCOZ and still regret it. Problems can not be solved, support is powerless. Of the benefits, I can single out just the simple creation of a site and a convenient admin panel to view information about the site.
ConsThe site consistently dropped several times a month. I wrote about this to the support service, but I received only one answer to all the questions: your application is being considered. After the deadline for consideration, the problem did not dare. One day I got sick of it, and I made a new site on another designer.
November 5, 2018
Eric F.
Web-trainer
February 26, 2018

“Convenient and easy for beginner”

ProsIf you do not create some super complicated effects, in my opinion, the system justifies itself and is suitable for a beginner. However, it does not always work correctly even with elementary templates. But there are more mythical myths than truth. By experience I can say that the designer is fully operational and create simple sites for him to do.
ConsYet it is very desirable to understand what you are doing by pressing this or that button. But even a beginner can figure it out. But the functionality of the free version, indeed, it would be nice to expand.
February 26, 2018
Shirley B.
Web-analyst
February 17, 2018

“I will not use this CMS anymore!”

ProsThis system is simple and understandable, allows you to quickly create websites and use their free hosting. True, the space allocated for the storage of the site is small and for "heavy" content it is necessary to pay extra.
ConsOver time, the system is getting worse and worse. Now they also added a bunch of inconvenient functions, for example, a badly read CAPTCHA, which you will read from the time of the fifth. And also sites are removed for non-attendance (although attendance was, but deleted in a fast way, and not as it was said that in 30 days, but much earlier).
Alex K.
SMM-manager
11-50 employees

“The non-serious system”

ProsMy experience of using the Ucoz system is more than seven years, for which I have traveled from a beginner to a person who professionally promotes websites. At Ucoz, I now have a few old client projects that actually became a free site building simulator. Serious commercial intentions are better to be immediately implemented on more reliable services from the point of view of owning the site.
ConsAggressive advertising on your site (you can disable it for money), expensive paid service packages, lack of rights to your site.
Toni P.
Web analyst
March 10, 2018

“I don't understand why I used to love this system”

ProsI met UCOZ a long time ago and I liked this system. Now I think that, most likely, I appreciated the opportunity to train for free and to tighten my site building skills.
ConsThe situation with UCOZ becomes sadder every year. Instead of purchasing individual services, paid packages have been introduced. And the minimum paid package does not disable ugly and obtrusive advertising, but only moves it from the top of the site to the bottom. Meanwhile, the presence of aggressive advertising affects the position of the site in the search.
Nataly O.
Chief Accountant
August 23, 2018

“Not a very convenient system, if you are not an expert in web programming”

ProsuCoz is suitable only if you have knowledge of any HTML, CSS or other nonsense. Without this knowledge, you do not normally add a description of the product. I work as a chief accountant and wanted to make a small online store for myself. I tried to use this designer to create a simple online store with 50 products. At each step to create a store, I encountered difficulties that can be solved only by climbing into the CSS settings of the store. So I tell you that I did not get anything good from this designer, I had to learn other CMS and choose from them.
ConsEven in paid templates that are on the Internet, there are so many errors in the code (I checked on different Internet services), and to fix them, you need to pay more money than they cost. There can not be any super simplicity.
August 23, 2018
Elena S.
HRD
January 5, 2019

“Simple designer to create websites”

ProsWhen creating large multi-page websites by our employees, the uCoz platform was previously used. It presents many templates and an extensive set of additional functions for optimizing portals. But now the situation has changed and then I will tell why we almost abandoned this platform.
ConsThere is not enough large number of tools for reporting, as well as a huge amount of third-party advertising. Many of the plugins have not been updated for a long time.
January 5, 2019
Igor B.
October 10, 2018

“Work in this CMS has become impossible”

ProsA few years ago I made my first (personal) site on Ucoz. Everything was great, I even recommended the system to friends. And now I needed to make a website for the customer. I chose Ucoz, because I know him well. But now he is not what he was. Of the benefits I can select only an easy process of creation.
ConsThere are a lot of minuses: advertising, including for adults, which is connected without consent, and you have to pay for disconnection; the company cuts down the rights to the site and can block it at any time; move the site to another platform is very difficult. Do not waste time on this constructor.
October 10, 2018
Inna P.
IT Sales Manager
Computer Software, 11-50 employees
November 6, 2018

“This creator is not suitable for everyone”

ProsThe first site of our company was placed on uCoz (this was a very long time ago, probably 10 years ago). It was easy to create it, even though I didn't have much experience. UCoz also had a convenient admin panel and a good editor for preparing publications.
ConsWhen we decided to change the CMS, we ran into problems. It was almost impossible to transfer the site due to the design features. I had to create a site from scratch.
November 6, 2018
Catalina D.
Account Executive
Management Consulting, 51-200 employees
December 17, 2018

“Free and functional website builder”

ProsI use the uCoz service to create small sites. The tool offers a large selection of useful features for customizing pages. There are many different templates for site design. You can edit any element of the page using an HTML editor.
ConsThe first thing I would like to add to the site builder toolkit uCoz is an image editor. In addition, I would add the function of conducting A / B tests of individual pages.
December 17, 2018
Alex B.
Telecommunications, 10,001+ employees
January 20, 2019

“Functional site builder with weak technical support”

ProsWebsite Builder allows you to optimize pages for search queries, you can customize advertising banners and SMS notifications, a built-in HTML editor is available. These are, perhaps, all the advantages of CMS uCoz, which I managed to appreciate in several years of working with it. Next, talk about the shortcomings.
ConsThe website builder uCoz does not have the best technical support - it can take several days to solve problems with the site. Also, there are problems with access to the site due to technical problems on the server side of the platform, and if you use the free version of the software, you must be prepared for the fact that at any time your site will be closed or spammed by third-party advertising.
January 20, 2019
Andrey O.
Vice President of Development
December 4, 2018

“Not the best option CMS”

ProsWe managed to develop many sites with the help of uCoz in a rather short period of time, because there are a lot of ready-made templates for this software that need a little refinement.
ConsA huge amount of third-party advertising. Most of the plug-ins have not been updated for a long time. When transferring a site to another platform, considerable difficulties may arise.
December 4, 2018
Oleksiy K.
Digital Marketing Manager
September 23, 2018

“Expensive, and the quality is relatively low”

ProsThis CMS is suitable for beginners or students who want to try their hand at creating websites, but do not have plans to earn on these projects. In this case, I can recommend uCoz as a training site where it is relatively easy to learn how to create sites by combining the required selected modules and customizing them to your own taste and needs.
ConsDo not believe that this CMS is free. Yes, it has a free version, but it has a lot of unpleasant limitations, the most important of which is that you will not have any rights to your site!
September 23, 2018
Carmen N.
Economist
Medical Practice, 11-50 employees
March 22, 2019

“Good for creating a small test site”

ProsMy colleagues easily developed on uCoz an excellent website of our company. The system has developed a huge variety of modules that are easy to customize to suit your needs.
ConsSometimes it is difficult to upload videos to the site, and also inconvenient to change templates. The platform has too limited functionality compared to other similar ones.
March 22, 2019
Galina S.
Chief Talent Acquisition Officer
December 6, 2018

“Only for beginners”

ProsAs a professional, I can say that the application is suitable only for those who have little sense in creating websites. Beginner program will seem simple, colorful and quite functional. Especially considering that the Internet is replete with a lot of training videos.
ConsThe set of functions is too limited, there is no scope for creativity and implementation of complex projects. I think that you can start with this constructor, but the capabilities of the professional will not be enough.
December 6, 2018
Oleg T.
February 27, 2019

“A good designer for those who prefer to save”

ProsUniversal tool that is perfect for beginners. Although, I think, the pros will also find the use of CMS uCoz. For a free designer, quite functional. The developers made a convenient panel for work - everything is at hand, nothing superfluous and everything is intuitively clear.
ConsI do not like that the number of free calls to customer support is limited. In general, the support is disgusting. The designer develops slowly, many standard templates are no longer relevant.
February 27, 2019
Grace C.
Site administrator
March 10, 2018

“Do not expect that you will be able to create a good site for free”

ProsIf you want to be a full-fledged master of your site, you should take care of the paid domain and hosting. While the enhanced functionality of Ucoz will cost more.
ConsIf you incur losses for reasons related to the health / inoperability of Ucoz servers, the implemented changes and any Ucoz actions, no one will reimburse them voluntarily.
Alisa M.
Support manager
February 24, 2018

“A good tool, but not a magic button”

ProsI suggest you just try this system. If you understand what you are doing - this site will be able to help you. It allows you to realize the boldest ideas, if you use it right.
ConsBut the functionality of the free tariff needs to be expanded - here you can't argue. And the storage space is not enough, but you can always switch to a paid tariff.
February 24, 2018
Sam N.
Team Lead
February 19, 2018

“Everything is simple and understandable, but there are a lot of shortcomings”

ProsOnce I went to uCoz's site and registered. I immediately thought that it would be quite easy, and I was right. Everything was intuitive. I immediately chose the site address and chose the design in a couple of minutes. Then everything was even easier, just click on the desired item in the control panel menu and add material. On the site you can edit the material in the visual and HTML editors. This is very useful for beginners. I quietly typed articles and added to the site.
ConsOn the site created on uCoz, there is some time limit for the indexing of pages. Imagine: you created the site, filled it with content, and it is indexed in a month.
Alex J.
Trainer
Sports, 1001-5000 employees
July 31, 2019

“Outdated and completely unnecessary constructor”

ProsI tried to make a site on uCoz, but it didn't end with anything good. But first I want to talk about the advantages of the designer, they are not very many. The platform interface is pretty clean. You can even customize the number of tools yourself, and it's really great.
ConsNow you can go to any designer and notice a bunch of similarities. You can choose any and almost immediately start work. And in CMS uCoz not so. There the interface is made incomprehensibly like, everything seems to be out of place. I did not want to relearn.
Joanna D.
Change Manager
Management Consulting, 501-1000 employees
May 24, 2019

“Makes it easy to create websites”

ProsWith his help, it was incredibly easy for me to create my own trial site. In uCoz provided a huge number of templates. It integrates well with popular social networks and has an excellent HTML editor.
ConsIt is difficult to replace templates and raise positions in search engines. Support service is slow to respond to all calls. Sometimes there are problems when downloading videos.
May 24, 2019
Evgeny F.
Chief Financial Officer
April 14, 2019

“Easy to use even for beginners”

ProsOur employees liked to use the uCoz constructor when creating websites because of its ease of learning and use even by beginners, as well as a convenient panel. There are a large number of modules available to choose from.
ConsThe process of replacing templates is a bit complicated. Other similar platforms have an order of magnitude greater functionality. Slowly running support service.
April 14, 2019
Thomas A.
VICE-PRESIDENT CREATION
Computer Games, 1001-5000 employees
January 1, 2019

“Multifunctional site builder”

ProsTo create large sites with a large number of pages we use CMS uCoz. The designer offers a large number of templates and additional features for site optimization. Full integration with popular social networks is available.
ConsThe first thing I would like to add to uCoz website builder is the possibility of A/B testing sites or individual pages. The second is more analytics and reporting tools.
January 1, 2019
Galyna P.
Chief Operating Officer
January 21, 2019

“Suitable for small sites”

ProsDuring the use of uCoz by the employees of our company, several dozens of different sites were developed over the course of two years. Available numerous templates can significantly reduce the time to create portals.
ConsToo small amount of disk space, but for small sites it is quite enough. The support service takes a very long time to consider the questions asked.
January 21, 2019
Rania M.
SEO-assistant
February 14, 2018

“Functionality is good, but obtrusive advertising is terrible!”

ProsThe functionality of this content management system is not bad, but the abundance of advertising just makes you crazy. For example, a client visits a site to view the information of interest, but receives a bunch of advertisements and an offer to say a browser that will not be used later.
ConsIn order to view the site, there are two options: 1. Look through the advertisement to the end - and this is 23-25 seconds; 2. download a browser with which advertising will not be visible. Obviously, none of the serious people will not waste time on such nonsense.
Maksym S.
.NET developer
Computer Software, 201-500 employees
January 10, 2019

“Constructor for creating any sites”

ProsI like to use the uCoz Content Management System when creating websites of various complexity, since even its free version contains almost all the necessary functionality for this.
ConsA huge amount of advertising, which was removed only when moving to a paid basis. Most of the plug-ins are not updated over a long period of time.
January 10, 2019
Ahmet A.
General Manager
Building Materials, 51-200 employees
November 30, 2018

“There are some flaws”

ProsIn general, you can work with the application, it is perfect as a training preparation for working with more serious products. Simple and affordable control system allows you to quickly understand the nuances of work. I liked the presence of a large number of ready-made templates, quite good ones.
ConsIt should be noted that for commercial purposes the site created on the basis of the application will not work. Too much extraneous advertising, in fact, the creator is not the owner of your site.
November 30, 2018
Milana R.
Team lead
February 17, 2018

“Over time, the system only gets worse”

ProsThe only advantage of this CMS is that a simple site with basic functions can be done quickly, easily and for free. At the same time, this option is not suitable for a business project.
ConsI used to do on uCoz sites, when there was still a bar at the top of the screen, even advised friends, because the sites were normal then, and almost without ads ... Now it's impossible to work at all, because everything has to be paid, and advertising just reduces from the minds of both site owners and visitors.
Amerigo T.
Junior programmer
February 20, 2018

“Simple CMS”

ProsChecked by personal experience: the designer is very easy to use, of course, you will need some time to understand what is going on, but I do not think it will take more than an hour or two. Everything depends on the degree of your awareness in the creation of sites.
ConsThere is not enough space in the free account to host a decent amount of content, on all pages incomprehensible advertising is displayed, which prevents the promotion of its own project.
February 20, 2018
Polina M.
Senior Web-programmer
February 14, 2018

“Here everything is not as simple as indicated on the site”

ProsIn order to design a more or less serious site and correctly design everything, organize and manage all of this, you need to study the forums, instructions and contact technical support for a couple of days, which, according to some reviews, is not very eager to respond to the call.
ConsIt turned out that free hosting from uCoz does not guarantee the author of copyright protection on his site. It seems that at any time the project can be banned, etc.
Rajana K.
Copywriter
March 15, 2018

“Dinosaur in the world of CRM”

ProsOnce the system was the market leader due to lack of competition and ease of use. Over time, she passed the position, but still retains the advantages: to create a site does not need to know any technology, access to free hosting and domain.
ConsWhat the system offers for free, does not fit serious sites at all. To make the project unique, give it a good domain name and so on, you have to pay.
Maria B.
Co-owner
December 20, 2018

“Not for complex projects”

ProsWe use uCoz when creating small sites, so even a fairly limited number of functions that are provided for use is quite enough to implement all the necessary ideas.
ConsIt is poorly suited for creating complex projects, as it provides a small amount of disk space, and also has fairly small functionality.
December 20, 2018
Julia V.
Aquafitness trainer
Sports, 1001-5000 employees
November 17, 2018

“Flexible platform, but there are drawbacks”

ProsThe versatility of the application lies in the presence of a large number of flexible modules that can be customized to your liking. If I do not need any functions at the moment, then they can be simply deactivated. Such a system allows you to master the management program quickly and easily.
ConsA very limited amount of disk space, a small set of options on the control panel, most of the built-in templates are not relevant enough for the modern market.
November 17, 2018
Leandro U.
Striker
201-500 employees
March 22, 2018

“a good system”

OverallI can create my own website
ProsVery good creator of web pages, has a free rate to create your website. create my own web page and it worked correctly and has good designs to create
ConsIt is not very easy to use, and customer service lasts a long time to respond and there is not enough space in the free rate
March 22, 2018
Mariia P.
HR Team Lead

“Very bad constructor”

ProsI liked almost nothing. CMS uCoz supports coding in most languages, which is great. It is a pity that it is impossible to create a normal site on this platform.
ConsAdministrators themselves, without any prior notice or any participation on our part, connect ads to the site. We were very surprised by such impudence. If we knew about such arbitrariness in advance, we would never have started making a site on uCoz.