SmartVault Ratings

Overall

About SmartVault

SmartVault delivers all the benefits of a cloud drive, but with best-in-class security and productivity features you need to run your business. Create a custom branded client portal for compliant, secure file sharing. Plus get features built for business, including selective sharing, group security management, custom templates, & audit reporting. With the SmartVault Toolbar, you can attach, view and manage documents right from apps like QuickBooks Online, Xero, and FreshBooks. Learn more about SmartVault

MIRANDA K.
Director of Communications
Telecommunications, 11-50 employees
September 11, 2019

“Proud Member of the SmartVault Fan Club”

OverallWe have been very satisfied with smart fault, which allows us to organize and archive securely an enormous amount of client files to be shared.
ProsSmartvault is ridiculously easy to use, and provides a ridiculous amount of storage for the price. Our organization has set up branded portals and client folders for exchanging large files, and set up and transfer of terabytes of information took only one day. It is easy to manage customer access from the administrative tool, and support is always available when we need it.
ConsThe tool is extremely secure, but there is one things that I have found frustrating. It is difficult to create top-down permissions for subfolders. This will only slow you down a minute or two, but it can be mildly frustrating.

By SmartVault on September 12, 2019
Thanks for your review Miranda! We love to hear how we're helping our customers and appreciate your feedback! -Team SmartVault
September 11, 2019
Steve S.
November 7, 2017

“Smooth link to Lacerte but could use improvement on links to clients”

OverallIntegration with Lacerte and cloud storage. Does provide one place to receive documents from clients, send documents to client and share documents within our team.
ProsWhat I like most is the direct link to Lacerte tax software. Employees can send a return or any form from Lacerte with only one click.
ConsSending documents to clients seems inefficient - for example the only way to send more than one document is via a "link" or password encrypted email - would like ability to select multiple documents from different folders and send by email link, not just passwords.
November 7, 2017
Leanna S.
CPA
April 4, 2018

“SmartVault is a decent software that has many good features. ”

OverallAccess to client documents. Ease of use. Availability to store documents remotely.
ProsYou access information anywhere that you have an internet connection. Ease of Use. Compatible with multiple software and operating systems.
ConsGlitchy at best. It gives lots of error message. Some valid, some not. Site tends to go down during periods of heavy traffic. That is a big problem, because often times those are during the hours when you need to access.
April 4, 2018
Eric J. N.
Accounting, Self-employed
April 30, 2019

“A decent option for a client portal system”

ProsThe ability to map the system to your hard drive and use the portal as a virtual drive locally is a huge boost to productivity. You can send custom messages with the file notifications which is a nice little touch. Many integrations for email/accounting software and features for storing, transferring, signing and more functionality.
ConsMac users are left out in the cold. The pricing is rather high if you only need the portal system itself and no additional features. The space allotment is rather small compared to some other options. No ability to transfer/shift into a different type of filing system within the SmartVault family of products--you have to start from scratch.
April 30, 2019
Jessica F.
April 13, 2018

“I really wanted to like it but it wasn't for me”

OverallI didn't get much out of it, it has great potential and perhaps when they introduce an option to embed a file upload on my website that doesn't require login I would definitely consider signing up again because it's not worth it if my clients don't want to use it.
ProsLots of great features, a generous amount of secure storage, unlimited clients, custom branding, good support.
ConsNot user-friendly to learn, I usually figure things out clicking around but had to rely a lot on tutorials and support documents to find my way around. It's expensive for a small practice but I can't see how it's very well worth it to a medium or large practice. My clients did not like having to log in to share files with me so as much as I wanted to like it I switched to a solution that allowed my clients to upload securely without having to keep track of yet another username and password.
April 13, 2018
Marlo S.
November 15, 2016

“Easy to use, Great customer service”

OverallI love SmartVault! It has allowed us to share documents with our clients (securely) and begin to operate our firm in the cloud!
ProsEase of use Quick customer support
November 15, 2016
Erin M.
Tax Associate
December 1, 2017

“Easy to use once experienced with the software”

ProsThe ability to print straight to SV from our tax software and other computer applications. Basic functionality is pretty straightforward
ConsSeems to be quite a bit of lag sometimes with processing/printing to PDF and uploading from tax software and other programs to SV. Basic functionality is pretty straightforward, but extra features and functions are not very obvious or user friendly to begin
December 1, 2017
Accounting, 1-10 employees
February 7, 2019

“Great Idea, Poor Implementation”

OverallAfter we got past the initial stage, we ran out of space. Then we ran out of space again. Then, the dashboard told us that we had space, but we were getting error messages that we were out of space. Then, it got until my staff and I were receiving an error message every time we went to log into the online portion. The Quickbooks backup feature and the Docusign feature never worked. The Outlook plug-in was repeatedly stopped by Outlook for slowing it down. The support team is constantly backed up and you can expect very long wait times, but I'd imagine most of their customers are having the same issue. After the Docusign issue, we made the decision to pull our company and count our experience as sunk costs and a lesson learned. We quit using Smart Vault and switched to IntuitLink and Docusign proper (just in case anyone wants a better option here)
ProsI like the idea, but that's it. I loved what the software said it would do-- it seemed like a silver bullet solution at the time.
ConsThe bugs. This idea needs a lot of work on implementation.
February 7, 2019
Victoria E.
Bookkeeper
Consumer Services, 1-10 employees
March 28, 2019

“Easy to use and excellent storage”

OverallEven with my first time of using this software, I had no difficulties in navigating it SmartVault is very organized and makes it extremely easy to share files/documents between two sources. Files can be uploaded or dragged into each file on SmartVault.
ProsSmartVault is extremely user friendly, sets up your files in a very organized manner and makes it easy to share between accountant and his/her clients.
ConsI have not encountered anything that I do not like.
March 28, 2019
Mark V.
Accounting, 1-10 employees
February 5, 2019

“SmartVault”

OverallI rely on this software to transmit, upload and store files for my clients. Instead of providing an efficient means of accomplishing this, the glitches in the software and the inability of the customer service team to assist me with these problems has very seriously negatively impacted my business. I would strongly recommend NOT buying this software.
ProsIf the software functioned as it should, it would be a decent document management software.
ConsProblems with saving files on the server as opposed to the desktop of the user. Customer service, although friendly, was/is unable to correct the problem and does not respond in a timely manner.
February 5, 2019
Cindy S.
December 9, 2016

“Secure Electronic File Cabinet”

OverallSmartvault allows me to transfer sensitive financial information with my clients safely. There is an Outlook Add-On so it is easy to include the link in emails to your clients.
December 9, 2016