Student Manager Ratings

Overall
4.9/5
4.4/5

About Student Manager

ACEware provides a scalable, affordable, noncredit course management and registration solution. It includes integrated tools for data-driven and targeted marketing, customer relationship management, class scheduling, instructor contracting and payment, online registration, and powerful reporting capabilities for data analysis. Responsive web pages provide mobile friendly viewing. With exceptional customer service ACEware is a comprehensive, easily implemented registration software solution. Learn more about Student Manager

Brittany T.
Senior Program Associate
Education Management, 11-50 employees
September 13, 2016

“Auburn Montgomery User”

OverallI have been working with ACEware Student Manager for about 9 years. This registration system is so powerful that you have endless possibilities for course management. Aceweb the online portion of the registration system is very helpful with basically being a 24 hour employee. You may have registrations occur over night. With our experience we stay organized for our programs and we are able to contact students on a regular basis and keep track of returning students.
ProsEndless possibilities with names, registrations, courses, rosters, receipts, payments, etc... What ever data you put into the system, you can pull it out on to a report. Aceweb allows you to have multiple interfaces to meet the needs of different program areas. If you have one program that has different policies and cancellation policies, give that program a separate online interface and it can be customized to fit that programs' needs.
ConsOur organization just switched over from a FoxPro version of the registration system to a SQL version of the registration system. We have come across some issues switching versions of the registration system, but everything is fixable and we are well on our way to having our system running smoothly.
Recommendations to other buyersDefinitely take advantage of having Student Manager and Aceweb so you have an online registration system to allow more registrations to occur over weekends. That way an employee can not have to be the only person to take all registrations.

By ACEware Systems on September 15, 2016
Thanks for your great comments, Brittany. We won't stop working until your SQL version of Student Manager and ACEweb are humming along.
September 13, 2016
Bronwyn B.
Assistant Director, Center for Continuing/Professional Education
Higher Education, 1001-5000 employees
December 5, 2019

“An effective software that places a lot of control in the customer's hands”

OverallIn the beginning, I struggled with Student Manager because I didn't have sufficient (or any) training from my organization and had to self- teach. Over time, I have learned a lot about the various functionality of the program, with the use of the convenient online user manuals, the regularly-scheduled webinars, and the ease of contact with the ACEware staff. In the last few years, there have been constant upgrades to the system which have made the system more user-friendly and has added more functionality. While I am still not using the system to its full potential, I am learning more about it every day and slowly implementing additional features. I believe with the right about of technological support from my organization, this system will be able to meet all of my registration and record-keeping needs.
ProsThis software is very customizable. There are tons of settings that can be modified to suit the specific needs of your organization and many additional areas/fields in the system to collect specific data on courses, students, and payments. A lot of the modifications can be made with ease and without the need for additional support for technology administrators.
ConsNothing that I can think of. Any problems that I have personally had with this software have been due to a lack of knowledge on my part and/or a lack of additional technology resources within my organization. With sufficient training and organizational support, I believe this product can be adjusted to meet all of my needs.
Melodee K.
Adult Program Specialist
Education Management, 1001-5000 employees
September 20, 2016

“Sioux Falls Community Education - ACEware ”

OverallSioux Falls Community Education has had ACEware for our class registration system since 2003. When I came into the department, our department supervisor had us look into 2 or 3 different software to replace ACEware. As we explored options, no one had the features we required for all of the different registrations we do.
ProsAs we explore the software further and have the time to attend training webinars, we discover more and more features that we were not aware that ACEware entailed. Our website has been totally made over thanks to ACEware, it is now so interactive, full of photos, video spotlights, links to You Tube, links to other website pages, instructor biographies and headshots for students to view prior to registering. Our customer support - Jason - always answers within 24 hours of any problems or requests we have. I was able to attend the annual ACEware User conference this spring and returned with many ideas and shortcuts. The webinars and archived webinars are so convenient and I cannot wait to implement the shortcuts and changes that I learn from them.
ConsI cannot think of anything!
Recommendations to other buyersI would recommend this to any company dealing with registrations of any type.

By ACEware Systems on September 20, 2016
Thank you, Melodee! So glad you are enjoying your ACEweb makeover with responsive design! We are so glad you and your team continue to discover all the features we have available. Sharon
September 20, 2016
Christina D.
Program Manager/School Liaison
Higher Education, 11-50 employees

“Aceware Student Manager”

OverallOverall my experience has been good. However, I do need to take more time to realize and discover all the features it has to offer.
ProsI like that once you create and save a report, it is always available.
ConsI wish there were more ways to print off screen shots
Nicki T.
Education Management, 1-10 employees
September 2, 2016

“Awesome system with a lot of flexibility”

OverallThis is a small company that really cares about making sure you have what you need. You are assigned a service rep who gets to know you. And if you attend one of their conferences, you meet pretty much the entire staff, all of whom are super knowledgeable and friendly.
ProsYou can purchase several modules separately so if you don't need something, you don't need to buy it. The ACEware staff is the best and the customer service reps do a wonderful job of walking you through any kind of question you might have. It's pretty powerful course registration software that accommodates different organizations. They are always working to improve what it does and how.
ConsIt might seem pricey, but it's worth it when you need some help to be able to call them up and get it solved over the phone .
Recommendations to other buyersGo to the yearly conference to meet the people behind the software and other organizations using it.

By ACEware Systems on September 2, 2016
Thank you for the great comments and your confidence in our product and in our team! We do constantly look for ways to further enhance our product line. It's customers like you that drive our development.
September 2, 2016
Michelle H.
Adult Ed Coordinator
Education Management, 11-50 employees
November 1, 2016

“Great Company with a valuable registration software”

OverallI have been working with Chuck and his company for many years and they are so friendly and helpful you could not ask for a better company to work with. I would highly recommend there registration software it has made our jobs so much easier. If it isn't available AceWare has techs that can design something for you.
ProsI have purchased the Pocket Ledger, AceWeb & email modular which has given me a lot of features to manage my program.
ConsI am a very small program and registrations continue to decline. I am finding it hard to keep up with the yearly service agreement which I love to have available to me. Because of that I am still operating on the old platform. I know AceWare continues to update and I hate missing out on all the updates.

By ACEware Systems on November 2, 2016
Thanks for your compliments about our software and service, Michelle! We hate to hear that registrations are down in your program. We'll be in touch to see how we can help. Thanks so much for your loyalty these past 13 years!
November 1, 2016
Ashley M.
Operations Coordinator
Higher Education, 11-50 employees
December 6, 2019

“Student Manager Review”

ProsStudent Manager is very user friendly. The customer service we receive from the folks at ACEware is outstanding. Our technician is very knowledgeable and quick to respond. He is always willing to assist and help find solutions for our needs.
ConsWe would really love to have a robust CRM function built into the system.
December 6, 2019
Jackie H.
Education Management, 51-200 employees
January 16, 2019

“Great Organizational Tool!”

ProsIt's very easy to keep track of Rosters and details of your students.
ConsIt's a little tricky to get the hang of at first. But once you start using it. It becomes like second nature.
January 16, 2019