Building Engines Ratings

Overall

About Building Engines

Property operations platform that enables improved performance through equipment maintenance, risk management and more. Learn more about Building Engines

Tobacco, 11-50 employees
February 7, 2019

“Building Engines”

OverallI have not had any problems with Building Engines. I appreciate the ease of making service requests as well as the convenience of simply logging in and reporting a problem. It's a one stop shop for all of your service needs.
ProsPart of my job is office management and if there are any issues with our leased office space, we use Building Engines to communicate these issues to the property management company. It's very easy to use and gives you the ability to make any request you may need. Once you log in and make a service request, it is immediately assigned to the appropriate person and they will schedule you in. We recently had an issues with spiders and through Building Engines we simply noted that we had a pest control issue and they sent a contractor out to assist.
ConsOnce your request has been assigned there are no updates in-between when you submitted the request and when the contractor shows up. So, for example, if the building maintenance person has numerous tenants i front of you, it could be a couple of days before he can install new lights. You do not receive any updates as to when approximately you can expect to be helped.
February 7, 2019
Real Estate, 10,001+ employees
February 2, 2019

“Good Software for Property Management Teams”

OverallIt is a very solid working platform. However, recently they have been having issues with their email service provider sending administrators email notifications for tenant work orders. Despite this minor hiccup, support has been great and you can literally chat with support for troubleshooting online within seconds!
ProsIt's a pretty intuitive platform that is easy to navigate on managements side, as well as in the tenants side. It's a great place for tenants to place work orders and make reservations for amenities, as well as for management to track leases, insurance, billing and correspond with tenants.
ConsYou have to contact support to give another administrator permissions, which isn't made clear during initial use. It's also annoying that in order to track subcontractors COIs, you have to make a whole profile for them and go through all of this set up as if they were vendors provide a lot of irrelevant information.
February 2, 2019
Tiffany K.
Admin Assistant
Financial Services, 11-50 employees
June 11, 2019

“Customer Service Lacking”

OverallOverall, the software is fine for it's intended purpose. It has glitches and issues like any software program and I go through a yearly back and forth with BE over these issues. Here's the problem: Customer service and care is greatly lacking. Every year at some point I stop receiving guest arrival notifications. My first step is to contact the building I work in (it's a J. Hancock tower in Chicago) to let them know of the issue (as we are a tenant in a building that uses BE software). After they have very little luck in getting help they pass the ball to us to reach out to BE ourselves. I am usually met with the same canned response every year to do ABC first and make sure before they begin "wasting" their time looking into our issue. So I make sure that ABC is done and determine that is not the problem. Then at some point, after they have suggested a few more things to fix our issue determine that the problem is user error and they close out the ticket stating that I'm not using their software correctly. I've been a user of the software for 5+ years. I have kept all of our email threads with all of this back and forth and looking back, I can see that every year it is the same from them and it always turns out that the issue ISN'T user error in the end. This year I'm having trouble even getting anyone to respond to my emails about our current issue (no guest arrival notifications for OVER 1 MONTH). Unacceptable.
ProsIt's simple to use and has very basic features that anyone should be able to easily understand.
ConsThe occasional glitches where guest arrival notifications aren't working.
June 11, 2019
Jesse H.
3.5/5
November 4, 2015

“Technology for Great Service”

ProsWe pride ourselves on being a company that is on the cutting edge of technology. Building Engines' Mobile Platform and reporting options give us the ability to realize that commitment and help us to be a premier property management company. The mobile allows us to respond to service requests immediately even when we aren't at a computer. A notification will come through on a device and our maintenance staff is off and running while letting our residents know they are being taken care of.
ConsThere have been times when a new release has come out where, in order for the app to continue working, the solution was deleting the app and downloading it again.
Recommendations to other buyersIt is important to be an innovative company that is always taking advantage of the latest trends in technology. My advice is just to be aware of everything that is out there and what your competition is using; and how technology can differentiate your brand from everyone else.
November 4, 2015
Rick H.

“Great Application!”

ProsBuilding Eninges' mobile app is excellent for use with their work order system; allowing our maintenance staff to acknowledge a request in real time and address it immediately. As a company we believe Building Engines is an excellent tool to improve efficiency and transparency when it comes to showing tenants how productive we are.
ConsSometimes I find myself wishing the software could do something different or more just to find out it does and I just wasn't aware. Finding a way to address all the little add-on features to the main product would be a great improvement.
Recommendations to other buyersThere was a lot of serious research that went into our decision. You really need to know the whole product and take the time to research and compare to get the best product for your needs.
Jimmy R.
November 10, 2015

“Excellent work order system!”

ProsReally easy-to-use work order submittal. Simplifies the process for tenants and property management. We also have a secure building, and the visitor access functionality is great- tenant's can add a single visitor at a time, bulk add a list, or set up a recurring visitor (so they don't have to enter it every time). Everything is routed directly to lobby security- very streamlined process.
ConsThe support team is awesome. We were sad that our account rep was switched though...
Recommendations to other buyersBuilding Engines might be a little higher in cost, but you get what you pay for. They pack it full of functionality, and everything is included in one license fee.
November 10, 2015
Justine B.
Receptionist
July 11, 2017

“Great ticketing system”

ProsI like the ease of submitting tickets. I've been using the system for two years and have never had a problem with it.
ConsRecently a square pop-up pops up on the desktop version to download the app. It pops up every single time, even though I'm not on a phone, and even if I have pop-ups disabled.
July 11, 2017
Nil S.
October 27, 2015

“Hands down best support”

ProsThere are many options for reaching support, online tickets, call, chat, etc. Most questions are resolved by a live person immediately. They are always willing and flexible to listen and look for a work around if the system can't currently do what we are asking for. We used the Visitor Access feature a lot- completely streamlined the process and integrated with our lobby security.
ConsThere is not much that I didn't like. I found it very easy to use.
Recommendations to other buyersMake sure that they have a good training and support structure.
October 27, 2015
Environmental Services, 11-50 employees
April 14, 2018

“Effective for submitting work orders”

ProsThe ease of submitting work orders is great, and our building has set it up with a comprehensive category list.
ConsThe interface is clunky and occasionally buggy. It's not easy to check the status or see comments on work orders you've submitted at a glance. Preferences for emails are not very customizable.
April 14, 2018
Kim F.
COO
November 3, 2015

“Continuous Improvement and Innovation”

ProsWhat impresses me most about Building Engines is not only how quickly and painlessly they converted our new buildings to their platform, but also their commitment to continuous innovation and improvement.
ConsI'm very happy with Building Engines and at the moment nothing comes to mind!
Recommendations to other buyersMake sure to discuss the deployment process especially if you are converting from a different software.
Ryan G.
Property Management Specialist
Government Administration, 51-200 employees
July 31, 2018

“Easy to use”

OverallIt makes doing my job easier. I'm able to submit requests without drafting emails or sitting on hold.
ProsEverything I need to do is accessible and easy to understand. The inclusion of a mobile app makes making reservations and submitting requests all the more convenient.
ConsSometimes it can be a bit glitchy, but that is probably user error. I really don't have much to say that would be a negative.
July 31, 2018
Jeremy L.
Hospital & Health Care, Unspecified
3.5/5
2.5/5
September 8, 2016

“Building Engines User”

ProsIt's easy to use from a customer point of view. The drop downs allow you to select the facility easily. Selecting the problem area is clear and it is simple to enter a description.
ConsNo way to escalate requests to the property management firm.
Recommendations to other buyersAsk yoursefl if it truly satisfies all your needs or if it's just a bare bones solution.
September 8, 2016
Mike S.
Director of Facilities
February 23, 2016

“SBC Bldg Engines”

ProsUser friendly operations, easy to follow instructions and access to needed information. Friendly professional deployment staff.
ConsSet up time takes a bit of work and once set may need some tweaking to get it right.
Recommendations to other buyersCompare different vendors as I did. There is a wide range but you will find that Building Engines fits most situations/needs.
February 23, 2016