SOS Suite Ratings

Overall

About SOS Suite

The SOS Suite of Products is a comprehensive practice management and EMR product for mental health. It is a fully integrated client/server, Windows-based system. SOS Office Manager is a feature-rich billing & A/R product with electronic claims and ERA. SOS Case Manager is an EMR for mental health including demographics and history, treatment plan, progress notes, Rxs and attachments from external sources. SOS Appointment Scheduler manages schedules for solo or group practices. Learn more about SOS Suite

Norma C.
Billing specialist
Mental Health Care, Self-employed
July 26, 2019

“Outstanding support”

OverallAgain, I can't say enough about the owners and staff at SOS. Because of the high quality of service and support, they make it impossible to think about changing systems!
ProsI believe it's an affordable option for any practice. It definitely does what I need for my business. Some users may be put off that it's not an internet-based product, but to me this has its advantages. I must say that the absolutely best thing about SOS is the responsive LIVE staff. It's so nice to be able to speak with a real, helpful person whenever I have a question or am trying to resolve a problem. In addition, everyone I interact with is so patient with me despite my severe lack of technical understanding.
ConsData input can be slowed down due to some inconsistency in the key setups. Usually the tab key is needed to move from field to field, other times the return key does the same function, but it's not interchangeable. There's a definite learning curve to figuring out the flow.
July 26, 2019
Julie S.
Mental Health Care, Self-employed
August 13, 2019

“Outstanding Customer Service!”

ProsAs the owner of a mental health billing service, I depend on SOS Office Manager. The software is comprehensive and customizable so data entry is quick and uploading claims is seamless. Patient accounts are clear and balances are easily distributed across multiple payers. After 12 years of use, I have not even thought about another software. Hands down, though, the number one selling point of SOS is their support team. The IT department responds immediately, listens to my concerns and always works to remedy a problem, customize a report or resolve a glitch.
ConsOverall, I'm totally satisfied with SOS software. Several of the data entry processes could be streamlined to require fewer keystrokes but that's my only minor "con"
August 13, 2019
Mary Lynn J.
Owner/Partner/Psychotherapist
Mental Health Care, 11-50 employees
August 12, 2019

“We have used SOS for 17 years and they have been faithful, attentive colleagues. ”

OverallSOS has been everything our small practice of 3 offices and up to 12-15 clinicians has needed. It has a scheduler, medical record, billing. We are sorry to go, sad to leave and feel like we are leaving friends.
ProsWe have used SOS for our Electronic Medical Record for 17 years. The staff have been AMAZINGLY consistent, VERY KNOWLEDGEABLE, polite, personal and dedicated. They've been attentive to our needs and patient with us.
ConsIt would be nice to be able to get to different windows without having to close out of one to check another. We would not be leaving now if SOS could be "connectable" with NC Connex project.
August 12, 2019
Barbara L.
Hospital & Health Care, 1-10 employees
July 19, 2019

“SOS is the BEST thing that ever happened for my business!”

OverallI really love the SOS product and your support team. SOS has answered every question I've had in a timely fashion. SOS is the BEST thing that ever happened for my business. SOS is truly the BEST in billing programs!
ProsSOS is the 4th software billing program that I have used throughout my 38 year career . Hands down, I found it to be the easiest to learn.
ConsNo Cons! I'm a billing agent for mental health providers and each of them have required something unique in their needs for patient reports. SOS has been able to provide ANY report that has been requested.
July 19, 2019
David Z.
mental health counselor
March 21, 2009

“Case Manager is an excellent way to maintain a HIPAA compliant client record. ”

OverallCase Manager is an excellent way to maintain a HIPAA compliant client record. Used on a computer with the Office Manager billing program also installed, Case Manager users will find that all client identification information is automatically transferred to Case Manager from Office Manager speeding up the process of creating new client charts with Case Manager. I recommend the program to any therapist wanting to maintain a clinical record that is complete and HIPAA compliant
ProsCaseManager is a great program that provides a totally HIPAA compliant electronic means of creating and maintaining a client record. The manual is excellent and the ability to customize the different sections of a client record makes Case Manager very flexible and easily tailored to the user's unique clinical situation. The program has been regularly upgraded over the years and the latest version includes an authentication procedure that is consistent with current standards for electronic medical records. As is true with all of the SOS programs, the technical support is excellent!
ConsWhile getting started with the Progress Notes feature is simple and quick, a new user will want to set aside some time to master developing client history, treatment planning, and customizing the program to fit your specific needs. The program offers a lot of features that requires patience and attention to the user's manual as one gets started. The manual is excellent, and should be printed out to assist in acclimation to the program.
March 21, 2009
Darla M.
Billing Coordinator
Mental Health Care, 51-200 employees
August 7, 2019

“We love SOS!”

ProsProgram is reliable & easy to master, support is quick & friendly. We recently got a new Finance Director & after showing her our billing program she said, "If we would have had SOS at my last job my life would have been so much easier!" SOS also just wrote an additional program for us & it was very inexpensive to purchase & is easy to use.
ConsSorry, but I can't think of anything I like least!
August 7, 2019
Jody K.
Mental Health Care, 11-50 employees
August 20, 2019

“Amazing product and customer service”

OverallEXCELLENT!!!!
ProsWe have used SOS product for 20 yrs. The software is very user friendly. The staff has been and continues to be consistently available and extremely helpful for whatever our need may be!
ConsNot much, but one thing that would be helpful, to be able to switch between screens without closing down one to get to the other.
August 20, 2019
Ann A.
Clinical Social Worker
June 25, 2009

“Get the trial of OM/CM - Scheduler too if you have no other calendar. ”

OverallGet the trial of OM/CM - Scheduler too if you have no other calendar.
ProsThis software, and its integration with Office Manager for Windows, has made it possible for me to have a profitable private practice over the past 16 years. Without it, I would have had to have a billing service, which would have cost of course, and I would have been spending the same amount of time explaining my billings to a 'clerk' who likely then would not have translated them correctly. With Case Manager, as it is linked to Office Manager now, I need never worry that I will bill for a session that is not documented in my notes. This last feature saves me from worries that insurance companies will claim I did not provide services as billed.
ConsThere are always glitches as the software is updated each year. However the on-line community and the technical supp;ort that SOS provides makes getting through whatever issues arise more bearable. Cost is major disincentive for some, but I know that I am saved the cost of a quality admin person and also time that I myself would still be spending on billing and documenting.
June 25, 2009