ASAP Registration + Management Software Ratings

Overall
3.5/5
3.5/5

About ASAP Registration + Management Software

With more than 30 years of continuous refinements and innovations from educators across the country, ASAP helps schools ease their administrative loads with a single cloud-based solution. If you offer classes, lessons, camps or training, you'll find features to assist your core enrollment, scheduling, accounting, reporting and outreach needs. And, it works seamlessly with your existing website. Learn more about ASAP Registration + Management Software

Antonette S.
Childcare Administrator
Education Management, 201-500 employees

“Very Happy with ASAP”

OverallWe are so very happy with the results from our new ASAP childcare program. From the start, our training associate Shelley Mossman has been a fabulous instructor. She met with us and took notes on our company's wants and needs, she listened carefully to what we expected from our program. She then walked us through setting up a childcare care program that worked for all of our needs. When we ran into issues, she met with ASAP programmers to fix all existing problems. We launched our new Summer Camp online registration with out a hitch. In the passed we spent hours data basing each and every student. With ASAP, all that work is illuminated. Families register themselves and input all necessary information or the registration will not be completed. After the success of our summer camps, Shelley continued our training to set up a Before School/After School registration. Again, the launch of this registration process was almost flawless. We did run into a few snags, but Shelley worked diligently to have the issues fixed. Again, ASAP saved us from hours of data basing. Our new online system is easy to use and very flexible to make simple schedule changes. We are very happy with the outcome of our online programing provided by ASAP. We are also extremely impressed with how they take their clients requests and constantly strive to improve their programing. We would absolutely recommend ASAP.
ProsEasy to use. Clients input all information on their own.
ConsIf a client starts an account, they are not forced to fill out all information if they do not purchase at that time. The recurring billing invoices need to state the date of services.
Keira C.
Aquatics Director

“Swim lesson management”

OverallASAP has been a huge benefit to my company. It has saved us countless manpower hours, stress and telephone lines needed. I was able to go from receiving about 200 incoming phone calls per day for swim lesson registration to about 20, thanks to the use of ASAP.
ProsMy company uses ASAP in order to manage swim lesson registration across multiple locations throughout the Greater Houston area. Through some custom programming the staff at ASA were able to tweak their software to streamline participants into the registration for only their pool, and keep all other locations hidden, to eliminate confusion. The support staff at ASA are very fast to respond and are tireless in their efforts to solve any problems that occur. So far, those problems have been the result of user errors, which the team has helped fix as needed. With a web-based registration system, I have complete access from any location I am at so I can constantly make updates and changes to any registrations on the spot. The program features for ASAP are detailed and can give you as much information as you need in a variety of packages.
ConsWhile I really love using ASAP for my registration needs, it does have some limitations right now. The software is constantly being updated and improved though, so I don't expect these limitations to stick around for long. A drawback is that while you can send email through ASAP to your program participants, staff, etc, it uses a web-based email that doesn't store the sent messages. I would like to see an interface that ties into the email system set up on the user's computer, such as Outlook or Thunderbird, which would allow the email sender to store the messages for reference purposes. Lastly, the only other drawback I've come across is that the system is not fully functional on a BlackBerry or other smart phones. You can get fairly detailed, but cannot get down into the class detail to view individual participants.
Janae O.
Assistant Director
Education Management, 51-200 employees
August 25, 2016

“ASAP changes everything!”

OverallMy community arts school on a college campus had, until 2016, been conducting registration with carbon copy forms and had all billing and accounting done through the college business office. ASAP changed the way we do everything and, I firmly believe, has given our program what it needs to thrive in the technological age and to become the best it's ever been. The support team has been amazing with effective training to equip our administrators and staff, prompt and thorough responses to any question, and quick resolutions to any issues we've encountered along the way. I've never seen our customers happier with their registration experience; from the mass data import of all existing customer info to the ease of online enrollment and payment to the automated reminders, we are now able to offer families in our program the best experience possible. Our faculty and staff are also thrilled by the ease of taking attendance and accessing enrollment info in real time. I have been amazed by how perfectly the ASAP software fits the needs of our program and has enabled me to take ownership of functions once held by several offices across our campus.
ProsThe support team has met all my needs and exceeded my expectations. The software itself has enabled my program to become more efficient, and customer satisfaction is at its highest in years.
ConsThe only thing I've had trouble with at all is that the discount editor page loads slowly. Everything else has been a dream come true.
Recommendations to other buyersIf you're considering ASAP for your program, do it. You won't be disappointed.
August 25, 2016
Heather M.
Education Management, 1-10 employees
April 27, 2019

“Not Worth It.”

OverallMy biggest complaint is you can't try it out before you sign a 3-year contract. I have specific needs, which they told me they could provide for. In the end, they didn't have a solution for my needs. It was only a poor work-around. I paid way too much to have to still do so much work!!!!!
ProsI like the many features. There is a lot build into this system.
ConsDifficult to use, poor customer service. The system did not do what I needed and I was stuck in an expensive 3-year contract.

By Vanco on June 20, 2019
Hi Heather, We're sorry to hear that you experienced frustration with ASAP not performing as you expected. Thank you for letting us know. We'd like to talk more with you about this problem. Can you please provide us with a good way to reach you? Alternatively, you can reach our customer support team here: https://www.asapconnected.com/#contact. We look forward to the chance to clear things up. Thank you! The ASAP Team
April 27, 2019
Donna S.
Student Services Manager
51-200 employees

“Product Satisfaction ”

OverallLike anything new, when we first used this product everyone was frustrated, but the ASAP customer support was second to none and we were soon up and running. Over time with the help of ASAP, we are really streamlining their product to suit out needs and making our registration process much more user friendly. I would highly recommend this company. Joel and Travis are very approachable and willing to help in any way they can. I for one am very satisfied.
ProsThe ease of using it. The product we used before was horrible, this product is so much more used friendly.
ConsDon't really have any "cons". Whenever we run across a problem, it is fixed right away.
Gayla W.
Community Education
Education Management, 51-200 employees
October 20, 2016

“Lake Career & Technical Center”

OverallI have configured and loaded many software platforms - most related to the hospitality industry. ASAP is outstanding - and I only wish I were going to work here longer to learn all the applications of it. I come from the hotel industry, 28 years - and have a sales/convention service background. ASAP is: - very user friendly -support has been exceptional -on-line help and instructions are easy to follow and implement -customers have ease signing up for classes -the ability to attach images is a feature I recommend anyone use to sell their classes
ProsVery user and customer-friendly!
ConsI wish I had more time to learn all the applications available to me!
Recommendations to other buyersI enjoyed my first webinar - it was well run
Allison K.
Director Student Services
July 12, 2018

“Horrible, non-functioning system”

OverallDo not use this system.
ProsThere is literally nothing I like about this system. It has actually increased my work load and decreased my productivity because I spend so much time troubleshooting. The worst tech support/customer care I've ever used. They make Time Warner look good.
ConsThis system does not work. It glitches every single time I try to run a report. You cannot export information in any readable manner without endlessly clicking and rearranging. A complete waste of time and money. I've emailed support 40 times in a single year and every single time was met with "We're not seeing that on our end." As if that somehow was solving the problem.
July 12, 2018
Don E.
Education Management, 11-50 employees
October 24, 2016

“YR Survey Complete”

OverallOverall, I really like this system, especially as compared to our previous management software. The response time could be faster.
October 24, 2016
Peter D.
Faculty
November 1, 2017

“Time wasting and utterly non-intuitive”

OverallI do not recommend.
ProsMany features for creating classes and managing students. Another pro is using this system is kind of a flashback to 1985; it reminds me of how little we could do back then and feels a lot like MS DOS!
ConsNot enough space to list the complete frustration our staff and students have endured with this dog of a system. Non-intuitive, difficult, duplicates students, requires a LOT of extra work to do rudimentary tasks.
November 1, 2017
Mark P.
Network Administrator
July 8, 2010

“Simple product that is easy to use and robust.”

OverallI think this is a great product for anyone looking for an economical yet functional solution for online class registration. Would certainly recommend to others as a viable and robust solution.
ProsWe have had a good experience with our ASAP Software and ASA company support. ASAP is very simple to use, yet provides for most of our wants and needs at the same time. It has been an affordable solution to our online class registration needs. Support is very responsive and always a pleasure to work with. The pricing structure was a big influencer in our decision to go with ASAP.
ConsWe have had some occasional problems with errors in the middle of operations, both in house and for our online clients as well. Some problems with our site wrap not following through all navigation instances. Browser compatibility through all browser types has also been a minor issue.
Chris M.
Instructor
February 7, 2019

“Use anything else”

OverallSeriously use anything else if you have the option. I have contacted customer support about my many complaints who were unhelpful. ASAP feels like it's from the 90s.
ProsNone - we have to use this software for logging attendance for adult ed. I am currently asking my admin to allow us to change attendance providers
ConsFrequently gives unknown error messages. Can't open multiple tabs. Clunky, slow. Requires many mouse clicks for simple repetitive tasks. I could continue...
February 7, 2019
Denny M.
Speakers Bureau Specialist
Government Administration, 5001-10,000 employees
October 6, 2016

“TERRIBLE”

OverallThis app may help back-end and administrators, but for those of us who use it daily for attendance, it is terrible. I have to go through at least six different pages just to get to where I can mark attendance for my class. This is extremely user UNfriendly.
ProsMore in-depth test results
ConsConvoluted, busy, difficult to find or do anything. A lot of superfluous/and/or dead links. The pages are too busy, and the quick links arent helpful
Recommendations to other buyersDon't do it. The older version was much better

By Vanco on October 11, 2016
We appreciate the feedback and are always looking to make things faster and easier for our users. There are several ways to get to the attendance page. For the fastest method, we recommend the following steps: 1. Login 2. Click name of class in your Personal Schedule on home page 3. Click Attendance Options = Take Attendance 4. Expand the list to see the roster and take attendance. There are many other ways to get to the page to take attendance, depending on what else you want to view, but the fastest route would be this method. Thanks again for the feedback and we will continue to see if there are any steps we can remove from this process to speed it up even more.
October 6, 2016
ALISA K.
Teacher
Education Management, Unspecified
August 23, 2016

“Labor-intensive for teachers/ not user-friendly”

OverallThis program creates so much more work than the previous version. I can't believe I have to use up so much more teaching time or personal time to do tasks that were simple and straightforward before.
ConsSince it wouldn't generate student answer sheets, teachers had to do all names and ID numbers by hand. It took hours.
Recommendations to other buyersJust don't
August 23, 2016
Mary Beth H.
February 22, 2017

“I recommended ASAP to every organization I worked for.”

OverallI have worked with ASAP for over 5 years through a variety of community education programs and love its user-friendly interface, reporting systems and, most importantly, customer service. Everyone is always willing to answer even the silliest of questions and point us in the right direction. Rarely do you find a company whose CEO will directly respond to customer needs, but he does just that and his team's personal touch is much appreciated! I have recommended this system to every organization I have worked for (past and present) and strongly encourage anyone interested in growing their enrollment and revenue to join the ASAP team. Mary Beth Harding Nashville Community Education Nashville, TN (formerly Watkins Community Education and Sarratt Art Studios/Vanderbilt Dance Program)
February 22, 2017
Lindsay P.
1-10 employees
August 8, 2017

“Great for Multi-Discipline Centers”

ProsSo far I really like the multiple options that ASAP allows in classes and the private lessons module. I like each student having an account to invoice, which was a feature we were lacking in our old software.
ConsThe reservations module is terrible. I have no way to book certain spaces for my instructors and have it reflect on the master calendar. I also wish there was phone or chat support.
August 8, 2017
Education Management, 11-50 employees
Used the software for: I used a free trial
October 24, 2018

“Easy to use, once trained ”

OverallWe're a new institution and with that comes a lot of new inventory. ASAP provided and easy to use solution that helped us track all of our inventory and customize the way we organize It.
ProsMakes it easy to organize and sort inventory. Very intuitive. Works the way it feels like it should.
ConsNo major complaints, but there is a short learning curve. Don't skimp on the training.
October 24, 2018
Robin D.

“A Useful Business Tool”

OverallASAP is a useful business tool with many features that have saved time and aided my business. It is not the easiest to learn, but once one uses the functionality it shows its value and is relatively easy to use. The main criticism I have is with the initial reliability - frequently getting logged out or not being able to login. However, these problems were resolved over time and I am satisfied with the system.
Michael F.
November 8, 2010

“Good solution to move back-end processes online and save time and money”

OverallWe use ASAP as our online registration and reporting tool for all our students. This has improved a lot our back end administrative tasks, saving us money and offering our students a better service. The solution is robust and has all the features we need. The staff using the solution finds it friendly and it is easy to set up and get adoption from new users.
Proscomplete reports that enable fine grained digging outstanding customer service, very friendly support team
November 8, 2010
kerry e.
VP
April 13, 2010

“ASAP GREAT SOFTWARE”

OverallI WOULD RECOMMEND THIS TO ANY BUSINESS NEEDING A SET UP ALREADY IN PLACE TO ASSIST WITH SELLING THEIR PRODUCTS AND SERVICES.
ProsEASY SET UP AND GREAT SERVICE EASY TO APPLY TO YOUR OWN EXISTING WEB SITE NO HASSEL CHANGES IF NEEDED TO EXISTING CLASSES GIVES GREAT REPORTS AND PRINT OUTS FOR VIEWING BY TEACHERS AND STAFF
ConsDEPENDS ON YOUR ABILITY TO GET A LINK FOR CREDIT CARDS COULD COST EXTRA FOR USE OF THEIR SERVICES
April 13, 2010
Denise B.

“Great Potential”

OverallThis is a very robust tool and with that comes an expected learning curve but this has been somewhat of a challenge. It is a little less intuitive than typical software apps but some of that is due to the constant customization we have gone through. Once we settle our changes, I expect smooth sailing. A great tool overall but a little pricey for my small business.
Tess G.
October 21, 2016

“Review from Southwest Suburbs Young Rembrandts”

OverallJulie Rhodes at corporate Young Rembrandts is my point of contact and has been very responsive to our requests yet we know the system is still being tweaked. Too many complaints from parents/customers that the Apply to Total should be a button not just words so parents/customers don't miss it when they have a promo code.
OJ R.

“ASA Review”

OverallThis software is very user friendly. Main concern and time waster was ASA and YR getting on the same page as far as terminology. Love the "cloud" aspect. My enrollment has increased using reoccurring payments. This is a win!
Lucia R.

“Full of Surprises”

OverallThe first two weeks (08-30-16 to 09-13-16) I felt that the Program was not ready for my needs. But now I feel more confident about what I am doing and how. I am find more good things about this Program than bad.
Heather L.
1001-5000 employees
November 14, 2017

“Excellent, thorough experience”

Overalln/a
ProsGreat communication and information provided. Information was reliable, thorough and provided me with enough information to be able to make a decision.
ConsNot sure how many additional companies are out there that provide services similar vs the amount of vendors that I was provided information on.
November 14, 2017
Rich H.

“ASA review”

OverallContinuing to implement upgrades and improvements for our system to increase functionality . Overall a great benefit to our operations.
February 21, 2018

“Helpful Tool but Has It's Quirks”

ProsIt is a robust program that is fairly easy to use after one puts in the time and energy to master the software.
ConsThe program does not require clients to completely fill out their information if they do not immediately make a purchase.
February 21, 2018
Rick S.
October 20, 2016

“Working hard to be good!”

OverallASA took on a huge challenge with Young Rembrandts, and the system is getting better. Need more th
Norina R.