OneSource Ratings

Overall

About OneSource

If your company has 1-30 employees (users) and is looking for a simple, all-in-one CRM/Contact Management, Order Entry, Inventory Tracking, Job Tracking, Purchasing, AR, AP, Banking, GL application--you may have found the perfect solution to your needs--for a very reasonable price. Learn more about OneSource

Lynn B.
Attorney
Legal Services, Self-employed
September 17, 2019

“Sometimes Complicated”

OverallOverall, I do like the returns that OneSource allows me to produce, but it is not easy to use in my opinion, and I seem to be calling for support more often than I should have to in order to figure things out (and, as previously noted, there is not always an answer or a logical fix to the problems I have encountered). The support has always been good though. The people are polite and knowledgeable for the most part, and they do get back to you quickly when you have a problem.
ProsI have used OneSource for the preparation of estate tax returns and gift tax returns. It produces a good return for filing and has a great added benefit of a MA estate tax option to create the MA estate tax return after the federal estate tax return is complete. Once you get used to the data entry options and the lingo, it works pretty well.
ConsIt took me a long time to get used to how to use OneSource effectively for estate and gift tax return preparation. It is not overly user-friendly or intuitive. There have been some issues with the software that I had to call support to help with, and the answers are sometimes an end-run around what the software should be doing (for example, a calculation was not coming out correctly, so I was told that it was impossible to correct it and that I had to make an extra entry to "create" the correct result, which the IRS will scratch their head at when they see it).
September 17, 2019
Cara H.
Claims adjuster
Financial Services, 5001-10,000 employees
October 3, 2019

“One source is a versatile software program”

ProsThe versatility of this program is awesome. I can enter my time into my time sheet, review my job history, and look up my paystub history.
ConsSometimes it is difficult to make changes or edit fields in this application.

By OneSource Software on October 4, 2019
Cara: Our application is built for small wholesale distribution companies. We do not have USAA as a customer and we do not have a time sheet in OneSource. You may want to to find the proper vendor and move this review to their profile. --Thank you!, Steve Childs
October 3, 2019
Marcia S.
Tax manager
Building Materials, 1001-5000 employees
April 13, 2017

“ONESOURCE TAX”

OverallWe are in our first year of using ONESOURCE as our tax software. The implementation process was very easy and went smoothly. The software is very intuitive and easy to use and learn. I like the tree layout for the tax structures.
ProsTree layout for the structure Easy to use and learn Very intuitive
ConsThe billing system has been a challenge. Payments are not posted to the right account and we get multiple invoices even if the bill has been paid or credited.
Recommendations to other buyersUtilize the training that is offered, it will be a huge help in learning the software.
April 13, 2017
Marcia S.
June 28, 2017

“This is our first year to use the software but I have found it easy to learn and use. ”

ProsIt is intuitive and easy to move around it. I like the tree format where you can expand and close pieces so as to see everything. Statements attached to the return are in an easy to read and follow format.
ConsIt disconnects after a certain amount of time, even if you are working in the software. Can not produce the type of detailed reports I am used to, even in their Data Query package, which is an add on piece and costs extra money. More times than not the wait for customer service is at least 30 mins.
June 28, 2017
Executive Office, 1001-5000 employees
August 24, 2018

“Property Tax”

ProsI am new to OneSource for Property tax but so far I find it a very useful program.
ConsI don't think it's fair to judge at this point. I have only been using this program for a year or so .I have not gotten into all the features. So far I have no issues.
August 24, 2018
Susan D.
Sr Tax Accountant
Medical Devices, 501-1000 employees
September 26, 2018

“Onesource needs improvement”

OverallIt helps to have it as a tool but it definitely needs fixing...too many obstacles to make updates, not so user friendly.
Proshelps to organize data on numerous returns
ConsCannot make necessary edits like when filing frequency changes or preparer name needs to be updated
September 26, 2018
Christy L.
Community Manager
Real Estate, 1-10 employees
September 28, 2018

“onesource”

OverallHelps to combine all accounts into one place.
ProsEasy to use and effective. Helps combine accounts all in one place.
ConsI can 't think of any thing that I dislike about it. Helpful.
September 28, 2018