Higher Logic Online Community Ratings

Overall

About Higher Logic Online Community

Best suited for Enterprise and Mid-Market organizations. The Higher Logic Online Community platform gives your organization the tools to engage with your customers, enabling better customer support, natural customer advocacy, and increased customer retention. Give your customers the tools they need throughout their journey with your organization to learn, share ideas, and become loyal advocates, ultimately driving retention, revenue, and customer satisfaction. Learn more about Higher Logic Online Community

Kimberly S.
Senior Director of Membership, Marketing, and Content
November 7, 2018

“HL Community Platform engages members and aids committee work”

OverallHL community allows our members to engage each other across the country - and across generations (we've actually had posts from members in their 80s and 90s - so you know the ease of use is there!) HL community also allows us better communications and project organization. (the competing product we use in this is Board BookIt.)
ProsEase of use for Open Forum communications is great We have used extensively in our governance and it really organized and standardized our committee work. Ability to integrate with Abila product Abiilty to aid our chapters
ConsI wish the libraries were easier to use - like Windows Explorer (does that show I'm old and not yet used to Sharepoint?) Wish you could duplicate "events" in the calendar like committee meetings. Wish the libraries were like google docs/share point and could be worked on collaboratively.
Kendall J.
Technical Writer
Computer Software, 51-200 employees
November 6, 2018

“Gets the right information to the right people at the right time.”

OverallIt's been good since going live with our users. The implementation was shaky, but we got through it together with the Higher Logic team. Now that we're live, I can't imagine using our old system, or anything else. It does what we need to keep our customers engaged, connected and knowledgeable.
ProsWe've been live about a year and our staff and customers love the Qualifacts Community powered by Higher Logic. The system is head and shoulders above our previous system. We have created communities by user persona and state. It's our central documentation and resource site. Customers are engaged, and have started doing a lot of self-support.
ConsThe CMS is capable, but quirky. I still get confused trying to arrange content blocks and creating content. The email/automation rule process isn't well designed for sending one-off messages, or even recurring, but unscheduled messages like system status updats.
Kelly F.
CMO
November 2, 2018

“Online Community User”

OverallOverall, my experience has been good. Our sales rep has been very attentive to our needs and patient while we make our decision.
ProsThis software is so easy to use. It is feature rich and offers multiple modules that suit our association needs. So far, the customer service has been extremely good. Our website partner vetted other online communities for us and felt Higher Logic is the best solution for our membership. As I said, they are feature rich and the reporting is excellent.
ConsThe implantation time is longer than I expected. However, I understand the need to take time to get it implemented to suit our needs and so we don't have to redo the install again.
November 2, 2018
September 10, 2018

“Excellent tool for member retention”

ProsWe've been using Higher Logic's online community software for a few years now and have been very happy with our results so far. Our members took to the forum pretty quickly and we now have a fairly active community. We've also created additional forums for our monthly journal and have allowed members to create specialty groups as well. This increased engagement with our members has definitely helped out with our member retention.
ConsThere's a bit of a learning curve when you first start using the software, especially when setting up the automation. Their support is pretty good though so don't be afraid to reach out when you get confused.
September 10, 2018
Jessica N.
Sr. Marketing Manager
Computer & Network Security, 5001-10,000 employees
January 28, 2019

“Growing Pains to the Max”

OverallFrustrating and time-consuming. It's already a lot of work to strategize, evangelize, build these programs from scratch, and recruit members; the last stress one needs is the hurdle of getting the platform to work the way it should and getting the resources one needs to fix issues.
ProsThe fact that it is a tool that can help me run an advocacy program.
ConsThere have been lots of bugs that I have caught and have had to escalate to the Higher Logic support team. I just keep finding them and I can't launch my program because of it. Bugs have also negatively impacted my customers' experience in the 2nd program I launched. Also, the support team is not one person who knows my platform, goals, and agenda when I need assistance/have a problem, but it's multiple people who get back to me within long periods of time, often not resolving the root cause, but just the symptom, meaning the problem will probably happen again... I have communicated my dissatisfaction, and more Higher Logic people are thrown at my concerns, which only adds more chefs over the pot, and no one takes direct responsibility to resolve it=takes longer to resolve the issues. I am sure Higher Logic's intentions are good, but when it comes down to it, I can't depend on them to be there, to do things quickly, or even really fix the bugs I am finding; it has taken LOTS of time to get things resolved if we even do. My colleague had the same experience. To add: as a new user, the platform is not very straightforward to use, and I have to look for their materials, which are all over the place, or watch long videos to find the one thing I am looking for. The advocacy platform is very basic in look and feel, unless I hire someone for lots of $$ to help design it up.
January 28, 2019
Retail, 11-50 employees
November 8, 2018

“Easy platform to adapt to for staff and members”

OverallIt has been a really great experience and the Higher Logic team is awesome!
ProsI prefer this software because members need something that is convenient and enables them to talk to each other without the hassle. This gives them a place to talk, share documents, have private conversations, etc. As a community manager, I can maintain the back-end without interruption to their natural dialogue.
ConsI customized the design because I needed it to be "pretty." I think if it were easier to make it a bit more natural to websites within the tool, that would be the only change I would make at the moment.
November 7, 2018

“Best Support in the Software World”

OverallWe came to Higher Logic 8 years ago and have been a loyal customer ever since. We have recently added the Informz product to our services for our members and the integration with our community site and AMS was seamless mostly due to Higher Logic's support team.
ProsSet up and ease of use are amazing. Higher Logic Support stays with you from integration through your entire life cycle of the software. You never feel like you have been left on your own.
ConsNeed a few more levels on the admin side. there are community admins but they should have the ability to impersonate members in order to assist them.
May 7, 2018

“Amazing tool for member engagement”

ProsOur organization uses higher logic for many things. The fact that you can manage an online forum and see so many members engage with each other is amazing. We also use higher logic to manage our volunteer application process. It keeps it very organized with all the deadlines and applications and sending out emails approving/declining members. There are so many different functions you can utilize with Higher Logic and there is still so much more for us to learn. Their customer service is great and the ticket process is very simple and you typically hear back within an hour or so from customer service.
ConsYou really have to learn the back end of higher logic to make changes which can be very confusing. That is really my only complaint which I can't even complain about- you just have to adjust and learn how the system works because their are so many options.
May 7, 2018
DeAnna M.
CORD Operations Manager
Medical Practice, 51-200 employees

“Great Member Engagement”

OverallOur members and staff both love our new community. We went from a listserv type of system that didn't have great archive capabilities to Higher logic and now we have awesome archives, tagging and increased member engagement. The automation have also made staff's job a lot easier. It isn't quite set it and forget it but its close. We don't have to specifically go back and add members, this is just done through automations.
ProsThe ability to have a history of the topics members have discussed that is easily searchable and organizable with tags.
ConsWe had a few hic ups when we switched integrations to a new AMS system but we contacted our customer service manager and she worked it out and got things running again.
November 7, 2018

“Higher Logic is a great tool for reaching out to our members”

OverallMy overall experience with higher logic online community has been fantastic and I'm looking forward to the new "face-lift" that is coming for admins of the community.
ProsI like the ease of being able to use the community as both an admin and user. It is very user-friendly and integrates well with our customer management software.
ConsAlthough it integrates well with our CMS, I'll give this product 5 stars once the document features integrate.
Education Management, 11-50 employees
November 20, 2018

“Everything we need in one place”

OverallWe moved to Higher Logic to host our website as well as our online community for an education association. The transition to the new website and community was seamless from our members' perspective! They found using Higher Logic's community functionality to be very user friendly and we have a very active online community. Integrating the community tools into the CMS also gives us some great ways to highlight the community on our website.
ProsThe ability to integrate the CMS, email automation and online community.
ConsResource library tool has an outdated look and feel and has limited functionality.
November 20, 2018
Non-Profit Organization Management, 51-200 employees

“More Learning”

OverallOverall, I learn more daily. i am still trying to get buy-in from my association, but I am fighting for HL because I believe it is capable of so much more.
ProsI like how easy it is to learn how to use the product. I love how information is easy to find.
ConsI think training for community managers should be longer. After 2.5 years of being on the platform, I am just learning things I need to know. However, since being CM, there is so much I need to know and I wish i would have gotten all of this information prior to be becoming the CM.
Leslie K.
Director, Marketing & Communications
Accounting, 11-50 employees
November 7, 2018

“Higher Logic community is great for professional associations”

OverallIt's been great. No major complaints -- just the note about upgrades not being obvious.
ProsIt is adult social media for professionals! Great place for members to share their expertise and ask questions privately, exclusive to an audience of colleagues who understand their issues and concerns.
ConsThe upgrades and how to take advantage of them isn't always obvious.
November 8, 2018

“Constantly Improving - So much more coming ”

OverallAfter I attending conference, I will make sure to be more involved in the HUG communities. I realized that I am missing out on so much content.
ProsI love the ability the system gives us to connect members, provide them with resources and actually reach all of the members using the system all at once.
ConsIt is difficult to make changes and its not very intuitive. I am excited for the changes being made to the admin section, I hope these updates make it easier to changes and access different features.
Health, Wellness and Fitness, 11-50 employees
November 7, 2018

“Would appreciate more features without add on costs.”

OverallLOVE HUG!!!! Great members who always help each other out.
ProsLove the ease for the end user (or members) If the pages/platform are designed correctly by admin/staff they love this connection to their peers.
Consadmin interface...its clunky and somewhat confusing. The reports are hard to come out with a final combined report
Katie B.
Manager, Member Relations
November 7, 2018

“My Higher Logic ExperienceI ”

Overallwe are engaging members who I think we otherwise would not have engage. so it's mostly all good!
ProsI like the fact that HL takes care of all the set up/details/ tech and we have a product that we can customize to match our look and feel
Conssome limitations in the implementation/set up that we worked around.
Michelle L.
Coordinator
December 4, 2018

“Lots of features and great support”

ProsThere are a lot of great features available with the online community depending on what package you have. You are able to use it for forum style discussions as well as share and save documents. Communities can be private or public to all members of an association.
ConsThe library is not totally intuitive and can be a little tricky to rearrange and organize, however this is minor compared to the benefits HL offers.
Professional Training & Coaching, 11-50 employees
November 8, 2018

“Excited for the future.. ”

OverallExciting.
ProsIt is relatively user friendly for staff and customers. The interface for some features is pleasant and easy to understand. It embodies everything needed to run a modern business with online presence.
ConsIt's still growing so rapidly that there are still growing pains and issues that are less than ideal. However, I'm glad we're here and looking forward to continuing to grow with a company like HL.
Peter M.

“Great first impression”

OverallWe wanted to give more power to our members as well as a way for them to interact on a daily basis. This allows us to do that.
ProsWe just launched our platform and a couple of things we love: 1. The integration aspect and process was awesome and very easy. The APIs worked great. 2. The ability to customize was extremely helpful and useful. We have control of what it is and we don't have to rely on them to do everything.
ConsSome of the backend functions you have to learn where they are as they may not be where you host them or what you would call them. However, once you learn, it's easy.
Ken R.
Director of Development and Member Services
Management Consulting, 11-50 employees

“Informz ”

OverallOverall, the product is fantastic and I know Higher Logic will continue to enhance the products in the future.
ProsEase of use, many features, ability to create personas and enhance engagement with members through analyitics
ConsPrefer more creation options for email marketing.
Newspapers, 51-200 employees

“My Higher Logic Experience”

ProsAutomation rules and reporting are my favorite features of HL
ConsCustomer support has been decreasing over the last 1.5 years, response times longer and longer, hope of resolution of issues or product malfunctions is decreasing
Meghan M.
Marketing and Membership Coordinator
November 17, 2017

“Easy to use but time consuming with a small staff.”

Prosmember engagement! it's great to see members connect online and development professionally by networking with other colleagues.
ConsTakes a lot of front end work to really get started and understand the platform, which can be hard when you are on a small team.
November 17, 2017
Government Relations, 11-50 employees
November 7, 2018

“About a year in and not too shabby”

OverallOverall Higher Logic Communities have been a positive move for our organization. It is quickly becoming a great member benefit.
ProsWe have been using the Higher Logic Community tool for about a year. We are fairly happy. Our members have embraced the technology and we can only expect further improvement!
ConsI lost a little love once we were transferred over to the general population in terms of help and customer services. Once we lost our individual staff member available to help us we were entered into the ticket system which is a nightmare.
Stephanie T.
Director, Event Management & Marketing
Banking, 11-50 employees

“Engagement Made Easy!”

ProsThe ability to easily allow your members to engage with eachother, securely!
ConsAdmin portal is hard to navigate, lots of options, but not easy to find where you need to go to find what you need.
Wanda D.
Communications Coordinator
November 6, 2018

“My higher logic experience”

OverallLets us provide our members with a secure platform for networking
Prosbeing able to engage our members in the open forum
ConsWould like to be able to use HTML code and have more opportunity for designing email blasts
Higher Education, 51-200 employees
November 7, 2018

“HL platform and overall satisfaction”

ProsThe education and discussions through the HUG is very helpful in managing new and on-going aspects of the platform. It is helpful to know what other clients are going through and to have HL be receptive to new product enhancements, potential bugs, or new features.
ConsSince HL has brought on more companies into the mix, support has not been what it used to be. Slowly, service s coming back around and the new support center is helping out. I am looking forward to things improving.
Computer Software, 51-200 employees

“My Higher Logic Experience”

ProsI enjoy the ability for non-developers to be able to easily use the site and set up pages without having to be able to code.
ConsImplementation is difficult if you do not have the standard customer scenario. There are not many commercial customers, but hopefully this is an area that will grow.
Jennifer R.
Membership Director
Airlines/Aviation, 51-200 employees

“Pays for itself!”

OverallWe researched a lot of different online communities for our members and knew that Higher Logic was the Ferarri of community software for associations. There are a lot of other types of listerv and community software available, but this one integrates into our AMS, and we are able to gain a lot more insight into our members' needs by the ease with which they can post new messages and get immediate support from the industry. The implementation was fairly easy and the Higher Logic Users Group has been a wealth of information and inspiration.
ProsI love how my members have been able to easily use their new online community! It was fairly simple to set up, and our interactions with the staff have been helpful when we can't figure out how to use something.
ConsThe reporting isn't always great, but if there is something you really need to report on, tech support can usually help out.
November 7, 2018

“Great way to communicate with your membership”

OverallContinuous conversations with our members.
ProsThe support from Higher Logic is great. Right from the beginning they were there to help you navigate your way through setting up an online community. Its the prefect platform for our members to engage with each other and our association. It helps us to know what issues are important and relevant to our membership.
ConsYou can get announcements and events in the daily digest.
Lisa D.
Technology Specialist/Community Manager

“My Higher Logic Experience”

ProsEasy to learn to use - support from Higher Logic is great!
ConsDoes not support HTML Code in the posts we want it to.
rhonda c.
deputy director
November 6, 2018

“Higher Logic Community engages Kentucky public school leaders statewide”

OverallGiven it is somewhat like other social media platforms, it is fairly easy to navigate as a frontline user.
ProsThe online community enables us to share information with our 3200 members, bring important information to the forefront, and make important decisions in real time.
ConsWe continue the struggle with email posts going to clutter or junk. It's an ongoing education process. From a management standpoint and for the platform to work for you, there is much to learn and ongoing learning support is needed.
Amy V.
VP of Association Services/Compliance
Banking, 1-10 employees

“Listserv or Community”

OverallMy overall experience has been excellent. The community is active, he questions and answers are meaningful and beneficial. The ease and convenience to contribute is just that EASY.
ProsThe robust features that allow my members to contribute resources and knowledge such as documents, whitepapers, links to articles shared on LinkedIn.
ConsThe con isn't really a con. The possibilities in Higher Logic are great and to discover them all takes time.
Megan V.
Programs & Events Specialist
Events Services, 11-50 employees

“My Higher Logic Experience”

OverallOverall we have a good experience with HL but there are still areas of improvement like their support center.
ProsThe ability to have our community have a place to post their job/volunteer/opportunities. We have a large alumni base and the community discussions allows us to have a place to put all of these things.
ConsThe customization factor is difficult. We needed to hire a third party designer to setup a site that worked for us. Their general setup wasnt meeting our needs and we needed to have something more specific.
Health, Wellness and Fitness, 51-200 employees

“HL communities”

Pros- FAST customer service - I submit a case and generally get a response within the same day. - Communities are very user friendly for members, easy for them to post, find things
Cons- Difficulty with editing webpages, not as user friendly - reporting capabilities are not as detailed as I would like
Non-Profit Organization Management, 51-200 employees
November 7, 2018

“Higher Logic Online Community”

OverallThe customer service and the training are the best. Without it, I am sure that my community would not have been as successful It really helped me make it into what it is today and is the reason we went with Higher Logic.
ProsTraining and customer service is the best part of the Higher Logic Platform.
ConsI do feel like the price is high for small nonprofits.
Carmen M.
Manager, Section and Chapter Services
Mental Health Care, 51-200 employees
November 6, 2018

“Great way to connect your Section and Chapters”

ProsThis product is great as a member only benefit and allows you to create community for our state sections and local chapters. Our members love it!
ConsSome of our members are not as technologically gifted and need assistance, but once they get trained the LOVE it! So there are opportunities for all ages and skill levels. :)
Airlines/Aviation, 51-200 employees
November 8, 2018

“My Higher Logic Experience - 4 Months In!”

ProsThe ability to connect our members from around the country and the world with an easy to use tool has been incredibly valuable. Our previous tool was clunky and lay dormant for over two years. The fact that our members can access our community with a single sign-on option (the same UN and PW they use for our .org) makes it a seamless experience.
ConsThere is a learning curve. Our leadership wanted an accelerated implementation, so we were putting a lot of pressure on the HL team! I would suggest taking your time with implementation and truly immersing yourself in HUG - other users have been our best resource.
Medical Practice, 51-200 employees

“My Higher Logic Experience”

ProsI like the ease of use and the increased member engagement.
ConsI wish there was an additional level of access below superadmin level.
Laurie M.
Senior Manager, Membership & Professional Community
Research, 11-50 employees
November 7, 2018

“Higher Logic Community ROCKSTAR”

OverallAmazing! We are still exceeding benchmark standards and our members have embraced their community.
ProsEase of use, being connected to a vocal and vibrant community.
ConsReport features that only allow me to track 30 days. Need to be able to access archives, especially when a new community manager comes online.
Tom J.
Internet, Unspecified
May 26, 2015

“Higher Logic is a partner in your success!”

OverallWe are a professional membership association with 182,000 members. We have been using the Higher Logic Community Platform since 2011. It replaced our old listservs, discussion boards, and member directory. We have not looked back since we made the switch. Our members love the platform and we continue to expand our uses for it. We have a mentoring program running on it and we are moving many of our governance groups to it for online collaboration.
ProsHigher Logic is an excellent partner in your success. They listen to their customers and they continually evolve the product to meet customer needs. Since it's a hosted platform, you benefit from all of the investments that they make in the platform and the technology.
ConsMore of a caveat than a "con," it is important to know that Higher Logic is a dynamic company and they are making improvements to their product on a regular basis. If you are looking for a static product that isn't going to change, they may not be the right fit.
May 26, 2015
Computer Software, 10,001+ employees
November 7, 2018

“Transferring from one community platform to another”

ProsThere are so many more tools for communities than I've seen in previous software, and the company is still growing so there is a lot of chances to give ideas and influence the new additions to features.
ConsThe back end design is very clunky, though they are going to be updating it and I can't wait to give it a try. There is also a limited number of security customizations in some influential parts of communities, such as moderating a big group of individuals at once, or restricting people to not be able to post, but be able to respond to posts. I hope these will come in the future.
Heidi E.
Sr. Director of Membership
Education Management, 51-200 employees
November 6, 2018

“Online community with good customization”

OverallIt is a good platform that supports our 20+ member-only communities, serves over 20,000 members and over 700 posts per month.
ProsIt's a good platform to customize and make it work for your members' needs.
ConsThere are a lot of options when it comes to rules or reporting, kind of hard to know where to start.
Heather M.
Membership Director
Non-Profit Organization Management, 1-10 employees
Used the software for: I used a free trial

“Love Higher Logic”

OverallI have enjoyed my experience so far! I am the very beginning of implementation and look forward to diving even deeper into the Online Community.
ProsThe ease of use and functionality. Everything makes sense where it is located in the menus.Love all the Helpful resources too in HUG.
ConsIt is very robust and hard to know ALL the capabilities available.
Renewables & Environment, 1-10 employees
August 30, 2018

“Great Member Engagement Software”

OverallOverall we really like working with Higher Logic software and company reps.
ProsThis software allows our members to network 24/7 at times that are convenient for them.
ConsThe design is still a bit clunky; need to know HTML.
August 30, 2018
Meghan M.
Marketing Coodinator
February 2, 2017

“Higher Logic a nice tool ”

OverallWe've had higher logic for 3 years now but still trying to 'hit the ground running.' We see the potential but need more support from staff to really encourage membership engagement.
ProsAutomation rules
Consa lot of front end work
Recommendations to other buyersstart campaigns/automation rules from the start - will make your life easier.
February 2, 2017
Angela M.
Trainer/Project Coordinator
Education Management, 1-10 employees

“Easy to use”

OverallAs far as the admin user side of things, I do feel we have a lot more control compared to other softwares I have used.
ProsHow easy it is to customize the pages. We could add or remove what we felt was necessary for our group of users. I also like the feature to be able to embed our learning management system within Higher Logic.
ConsThat not every item in our current software synced with Higher Logic. These are items that are necessary to track users and their relationships to their organizations.
Insurance, 201-500 employees
March 5, 2018

“We use for an exclusive internal community network of contractors across the country.”

OverallGreat community network site! The HUG (Higher Logic User group) is too big to easily find help; but, you can dial into meaningful things there, and the support site is great.
ProsThere is a lot of functionality, but you can easily dial in to the level you need. Our community took off immediately and we are seamlessly layering in different functionalities. The support provided and information available to help us become empowered administrators is excellent.
March 5, 2018
Julie K.
Engagement Manager
Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 11-50 employees

“My Higher Logic Experience”

ProsWe are just beginning the communities process and have had nothing but positive support from the Higher Logic teams. I look forward to continuing our journey with them!
ConsNothing at this point. we are in the early stages of creating our communities. As of right now i do not have any issues.
Natasha C.
Coordinator, Airline Distribution Standards
Airlines/Aviation, 501-1000 employees

“good job”

Overallso far so good, mass mailing and reporting tool is going to be a possible game changer for us.
Prosit brings people together and gives them a place to be a community, plus bonus workspace collaboration tool.
Consnot experienced enough yet to know, but would like to be able to call support vs raising tickets. Having an implementation manager has definitely made a huge difference.
Health, Wellness and Fitness, 51-200 employees
November 7, 2018

“Good Concept Old Look and Feel”

ProsThis is a great concept for communities to gather and have discussions. There is plenty of space for ideas, growth and resources.
ConsThe look is very old especially the font. I feel very limited when building a microsite. the over content management portion is not user friendly and I have background in content management. I would probably recommend something widget based and suggest looking into Crowdster webpages.