QuoteSoft Ratings

Overall

About QuoteSoft

Producing accurate estimates and effectively managing your projects is critical to your company's success. QuoteSoft estimating software allows you to bid more jobs and better manage the projects you acquire. We designed Quotesoft REP, QuoteSoft Pipe, and QuoteSoft Duct to help you meet these challenges and make your business more profitable. Finally, a custom tailored, knowledge-based, intuitive, PDF and paper estimating tool that optimizes your bidsand improve estimating performance. Learn more about QuoteSoft

Brian G.
June 20, 2012

OverallI have used several other estimating programs throughout the years, QuoteExpress was by the far the easiest to learn, implement and be productive with. Back in 2006, I was presented the opportunity to change from a very popular Windows based piping/plumbing program to QuoteExpress. After evaluating QuoteExpress for several weeks, I was sold. One of the biggest advantages of QuoteExpress was the ease of use and the ability to use the software without much training. I believe if you are an experienced estimator with a solid understanding of basic computer skills such as Windows and Office, you can be productive with QuoteExpress within less than a week. I knew at the time I was evaluating the software, the company I was with, would be adding staff for estimating. I knew with QuoteExpress, we could add an experienced estimator or a person with knowledge of the trade and computer skills, and that the individual we chose would not have to spend a week out of the office at training and then still be unsure of the software. I knew that within a couple of hours of demonstration in the office and a online training session or two, they would be ready to be productive estimators with Quote Express. I also love that almost all of the data from QXP is delivered to Excel, allowing customization of final estimate reports and sorting data in many different ways. As for customer support and the rest of the staff, they are by far the best in the industry. They are always polite, helpful and knowledgeable. QuoteExpress has the staff with the ability to provide routine daily support for issues that pop up during an estimate to providing major program database customizations. QuoteExpress's Advanced User Conference is a great place to learn from other users and for users to communicate with QXP on wish list features that would make the program better and more productive. They also do an excellent job of listening to the customers and implementing the ideas that are presented.
Jonathan P.
Procurement Manager, IT Manager
October 11, 2017

“On screen Duct take off made simple for Sheet Metal Estimators. ”

OverallOn-screen take off for HVAC Estimating.
ProsThe most valuable features of this software are the capabilities to do on-screen take off without the need to print or have physical blueprints. Once the database is populated with your shop standards and prices, estimating is made simple and extremely quick in comparison to older methods. Multiple pressure classes may be created to draw the most relevant data for whatever standard you are required to build to. Set permissions on users so weaker users don't get into the data file and make costly changes. All in all this is a great estimating software for HVAC.
ConsWith the amount of features this software boasts, it does have a tendency to crash. Further to this some of the more simple glitches that you think they would fix and focus on seem to be pushed aside for more marketable feature upgrades.

By ConstructConnect on October 13, 2017
Thanks for the great review Jonathan! We are releasing a new version, QuoteSoft Duct 4.0 at the end of they year to address the issue you have seen recently! The QuoteSoft Team...
October 11, 2017
Dylan G.
July 31, 2018

“Great Product”

OverallGreat product!
ProsEasy to learn. Allows you to provide fast and accurate bids. Technical support is also very helpful and quick to respond to any questions or issues you may have.
ConsIt takes some time to get set up with the software. Key access only allows you to use the software with the physical key in hand. I wish it were a server version with a certain amount of seats available so that when you are working from a different computer you don't have to take that key with you.
July 31, 2018
Roger M.
August 23, 2016

“Quote Soft ”

ProsThe program is very easy to learn and has many ways to sort out reports for estimating. You can really break out a job to its nuts and bolts. The service is next to none. Anytime you need help with a situation the quotesoft team is there to help you understand what you need to do. I have worked on quote soft duct previously and now I had to learn the piping program. The piping program is a little different but once you understand the steps necessary to set the job up it is not that bad. Remember you always have help a phone call away!
ConsMy only problem is the time difference. I am in Pennsylvania and there is a three hour window. But I have called earlier and was accommodated by one of the representatives on the east coast.
Recommendations to other buyersTry other software like I did and you will quickly realize that this software is a great product that you will enjoy using.
August 23, 2016
Gari S.
Chief Strategy Officer
Construction, 201-500 employees
May 4, 2018

“Our Go To Software for Mechanical Estimating”

ProsEverything about this software is great. We have used it since day one of opening our Commercial Department
ConsThe only con I would think of would be it takes quite a while to setup the software with all your pricing and part categories but once it's done you're good to go.
May 4, 2018
Jeremy M.
IT Specialist
Construction, 201-500 employees
March 20, 2018

“Quoutsoft for Plumbing is a useful tool.”

ProsQuotesoft for plumbing is how our company bids on jobs, It works really well and offers a lot of features.
ConsThere are a lot of updates for this product which is understandable but annoying. The tech support is very friendly and helpful.
March 20, 2018
Charles M.
September 24, 2018

“Highly customizable”

OverallWe switched from an older Estimation system. The QuoteSoft system makes it much easier to start a new job and customize reports.
ProsOnce the standards are set up for exactly how you install a system, starting a take-off, stripping off drawings, and getting to a report are very simple.
ConsIt takes some time up front to get the standards customized to your particular standards. The "canned" standards are a good starting point, but it works much better is they are customized. There are almost too many options for customization.
September 24, 2018
Blake M.
May 16, 2016

“Quote soft User for Five years”

ProsQuote Soft is a very user friendly system and the tech support is great, truly believe it is one of the best on the market
ConsQuote Soft has gone to On-Screen only for all of their products leaving some us who like the Digitizer boards behind
Recommendations to other buyersWith the type of work we do, a lot of design build, budgets, incomplete plans, we are still in need of a digitizer based system, or a combination of the two. If you are comfortable with On-Screen only, then I would advise that you look into Quote Soft as a very viable option
May 16, 2016
Thileepan K.
Computer Hardware, 1-10 employees
April 27, 2018

“amazing estimate applications.”

OverallEasy estimate maker
ProsQuoteSoft very Simple estimate applications, easy user-friendly for our staff. Good one for all type companies.
ConsGive estimate is clearly because we will give goods or service followed by given estimate. But QuoteSoft very Easy UI & quick estimate appliapplications.
April 27, 2018
Chris J.
April 9, 2013

OverallWe are a commercial plumbing contractor in Orlando FL, and have been in business for 37 years. Projects include hospitality, Disney, Sea World, schools K-12, multi story office, medical and more. During my 5 years in estimating we have gone from scale rules and markers, to what I believe to be the best onscreen takeoff available today with Quote Express Piping. The ability to customize the program to fit our needs along with the time saving on screen takeoff, we have been able to cut estimating time by 30% or more. The tech support offered is second to none, and we always get a call back within a very short amount of time (if we even need support, which is not often as the program works great) I would tell anyone still using blueprints and scale rulers to try this program, it is so user friendly and easy for even the most computer challenged person to learn (believe me, I have had to train people who can barely turn a computer on) All in all the best product out there in my opinion, and the yearly user conference shows they do care what the customer wants and listen to our suggestions.
April 9, 2013
Joel W.
Operations Manager
May 10, 2019

“Takeoff is so much simpler”

ProsWhat an amazing product! Going from doing takeoff by hand to this is like night and day. I make way less errors because I can color code everything and get a count on exactly how many of each type of fixture I need as well as how many feet of pipe, how many of each fitting, and the current cost of them. I can submit an order to my supplier with confidence knowing I didn't miss anything.
ConsIt is expensive, so if you do not use it on a regular basis you may not consider it, but it you use it weekly, the time it will save you will pay for itself.
May 10, 2019
Chad G.
June 19, 2012

OverallStreimer Sheet Metal is a Union Sheet metal contractor in Portland, Oregon. It is one of the largest and longest running sheet metal shops in the state. Our company uses both the Sheet metal program and the Fab Shop program. We were one of the first companies to start using the QuoteExpress product back when it was first created. I have used many different estimating programs in the past and not been satisfied. Since I started using the QuoteExpress onscreen take off software I have seen a huge increase in accuracy and I am able to bid twice as much work due to the user friendly on screen system and the speed at which I can take off drawings. I've also found the program very useful in conceptual design build budgets as I am able to load the floor plans into the system, then physically draw, estimating and designing a complete HVAC system all at once. Saving myself many valuable hours that I can now spend building relationships and networking much better with my contractors. Thank you QuoteExpress; you guys are great and your tech support and training are second to none.
Mat T.
Vice President
June 22, 2017

“Expensive, but worth it in the long run”

ProsEasy to learn, easy to use. I really like how you can tailor the software specific to your company, such as labor rates/hours. The biggest pro would have to be the Customer support and training.
ConsWhile this software is going to save you time when bidding projects, it takes a great deal of time to learn all aspects and features the software has to offer. We have had the software for about 6 months now, but I'd say to get our moneys worth it will take us a year to fine-tune the system in order to make the estimating seamless for our estimator.
June 22, 2017
Don S.
June 19, 2012

OverallWe are a medium sized sheet metal company working in a range of industries from heavy duty industrial ventilation to high pressure commercial ventilation. Our client's request prices from us often with very little preparation time, so being able to quickly manipulate our numbers is crucial. Prior to using QuoteExpress Sheet Metal we did all our estimates by hand, which left much to be desired in terms of accuracy and time management. We purchased QuoteExpress Sheet Metal when it was still in the Gold revision many years ago, and have followed through with the software package all the way up to today. Quote Software has continually improved their software in terms of making it easier to use and more capable. Whenever I have required support be it in the form of a quick reminder or in a drawn out explanation and demonstration of one of the software's functions I have always found the Quote Software support staff to be of the highest caliber in terms of knowledge and communication.
Ron E.
June 19, 2012

OverallI have been using QuoteExpress, for piping estimating, for over three years. The program is very easy to learn to use, almost intuitive. There are many powerful features and options that can be mastered with limited experience. The design of the program is simple to the point of being elegant. The end user has been considered in the software development and the program continues to evolve with many of the changes being suggestions from estimators actually using the QuoteExpress program. The On Screen piping take off system is a great method of accurate reviewable piping takeoff. The training and customer support is excellent with live WebEx and real time shared computer control for teaching and troubleshooting. In this age of smaller ice cream cartons and the shrinking candy bar, it is refreshing to see a product go above and beyond what one would expect for quantity and quality.
Chris J.
June 20, 2012

OverallQuoteExpress took our estimating department into the 21st century. In the last 4 years our speed/accuracy has increased tremendously (sure beats the blueprints and colored pencils). With the implementation of the onscreen takeoff and our own group of assemblies, we are able to simplify the takeoff process and guarantee that all jobs are taken off the same, no-matter who the estimator. The way they listen to the customer's feedback and ideas sets them far above the "big" companies and the customer support is outstanding. The WebEx feature allows us to show the problems in real time and come to a quicker fix. QuoteExpress has changed the way Tharp Plumbing Systems estimates and will continue to in the future.
Mark S.
3.5/5
September 16, 2014

“QuoteExpress Review ”

ProsThe training we have received has set us up to be most productive when using the software. We like the adaptability of the program to suit our needs. The reports have been very useful when evaluating a tender.
ConsSo far, it's been great. We've had no real problems. If anything, the manuals could be improved.
Recommendations to other buyersWe researched ten other programs, narrowed it down to five, and ended up picking QuoteExpress. They were not the cheapest, but they had all the features we liked. Do your research and arrange as many demonstrations as you can
September 16, 2014
Gene P.
June 20, 2012

OverallThe system is perfect for our business and very user friendly. It is easy to teach to others, who use it part time for project managing. We have had it for 5 years and use it for piping, and it is doing everything that I expected and wanted it to do, when we purchased it. We switched to QuoteExpress because we were looking for a program that more people could use and understand, without having to spend a fortune on training, and still get the detailed information that we required. The technical support is great, especially Brian Saylor. We have used his help for training at our office for the new full time estimators.
Adam B.
June 19, 2012

OverallWe use QuoteExpress Piping and Sheetmetal software on everything from small bathroom replacements to powerhouse installations. The software adapts easily to our various needs in different markets. QuoteExpress is hands down the most intuitive estimating software on the market. It is quick and easy to train new users on and the customer service is top notch. Database maintenance and updates are quick and easy. The onscreen takeoff options speed up takeoff and allow peer reviews to be more in depth. Having used multiple estimating products I can say with confidence that QuoteExpress is my first choice in software.
Leish W.
June 19, 2012

OverallI have been using QuoteExpress for 4 years and have attended the User Conference and the advanced training held last October in Las Vegas. I have found the software easy to learn and I continue to learn more all the time. The tech support and the office support have been excellent since we bought the software. I always get a call back quickly, even if it is Kerry himself to help me with any issue I might have. I don't get to talk to the guys in tech support very much because of the great job they have done in the past with training me, but I know that when I need them they will be there to help.
Pascal B.
Construction, 11-50 employees
February 23, 2017

“Great product overall”

OverallThe setup is long but it works well once it's done!
February 23, 2017
Rudy G.
July 10, 2012

OverallWe knew we were making the right choice with QuoteExpress after the demo, which was clear. Something we were not counting on was the ease of implementing the system. With other brands of software in the past we would send our estimator's out of state to learn the software, and they would come home confused and had more questions than answers. With QuoteExpress they learned the system via webinar, and in the comfort of being in front of their own desktop. This helped tremendously to expedite the learning curve, and they had comfort within the software almost immediately.
July 10, 2012
Steve H.
June 21, 2012

OverallI'm all about ease of use and keeping things comprehensive but simple. QuoteExpress is the easiest estimating system to use and to teach. I've had interns figuring change orders in less than an hour of being introduced to the product. QuoteExpress allows me to no longer hire or fire based on who can operate software. In addition, I've found customer service to be outstanding. I've had issues in the past and brought them to the programmer's attention on Friday and Monday morning they call and download the solution. Nobody does that. You will find no better mechanical estimating product period.
Dave J.
June 20, 2012

OverallWe are a mechanical contracting company that has used the QuoteExpress piping program for the last 3 years. Being a Canadian company we examined the ability to use our pricing service very carefully and were impressed at how easily this could be implemented. Another area of importance to our company is tech support and the QuoteExpress tech support team is second to none in our eyes. With the ease of setup, the short learning curve, outstanding tech support and constant future vision, the decision to switch has been an extremely rewarding one. Well done!
Josh W.
July 3, 2012

OverallWe use both the piping and sheet metal take-off programs here at Walker-J-Walker. Both programs are complex enough to take off whatever you need to while also simple enough to not over complicate the process. Quote Express is always updating the software and adding features. For large jobs, the on-screen take off helps speed up the process. Quote Express's customer support is exceptional. Every time I have a question, simple or complex, I call them up and they have me fixed or answered in no time.
July 3, 2012
Chad N.
June 21, 2012

OverallWe've been using Quote Express Sheet Metal for 10 plus years. It's an easy and comprehensive program. The most beneficial to me is the reporting. With little effort and skill you can create a report that gives you exactly what you need and no more. You don't need to sift through long lists of data looking for what you want. Tech Support is outstanding! If you have a problem, one phone call and in 10 minutes you are back in business and doing productive work.
Harry P.
June 19, 2012

OverallI am an estimator for a Mechanical Contractor in the New Orleans area and have been using QuoteExpress for around four years. I have enjoyed learning the software and getting to know the Quote Express team. Quote Express has allowed us to vastly improve the number of jobs we are able to bid. Not only is it very user friendly but the Tech Support team is very knowledgeable about the software and is always very courteous. Wish we would have heard about QuoteExpress sooner.
Abneesh M.
February 21, 2017

“User Friendly”

OverallThe software is really user-friendly and easy to use.
February 21, 2017
Sasha R.
Agent
December 6, 2016

“Great!”

OverallGave me the quotes I needed very quickly and accurate.
December 6, 2016
bryan m.
estimator
May 24, 2018

“So far seams like a great product”

ProsEase of use, Willing to help with whatever it takes to get the program running. .
ConsConvincing owners to change from what they already have. Setting up another software program. .
May 24, 2018
Ken K.
June 19, 2012

OverallBesides QuoteExpress being the easiest and most complete quoting software for a HVAC Fab Manufacturer, the Customer Service and Tech Support is Superb. While working with other company's Tech Support, it can be hard to communicate (speak a technical type of language) - NOT the case with QuoteExpress. Thanks QuoteExpress for all you do.
Travis A.
Construction, 11-50 employees
May 18, 2017

“Great Software”

OverallOverall great software. As a user continues to use it and gain comfort the possibilities keep adding up.
ProsCustomer support is top notch. Lots of training opportunities and support is always available. The features can be used as little or as much as you want/need depending on the application.
May 18, 2017
Tim H.
3.5/5
June 29, 2012

OverallI have been using QuoteExpress for the past 4 years. Coming out of the field, I was surprised to find how easy it was to use the software. QuoteExpress is very user friendly and the tech support is great. We have also been using on-screen for close to a year and I find that to be even easier. The only downside is that it can be a little slow and has a few glitches, which could be my computer not exceeding the software requirements.
June 29, 2012